PDA

View Full Version : Weston-super-Mare Champs

Minnie M
10th-April-2006, 10:43 PM
Anyone going ?
Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd July 2006

They have a West Coast Swing section this year - all new Westies MUST compete, it will encourage the other champs to add a section AND it will 'up' our motivation :clap:

LilyB
11th-April-2006, 02:59 PM
....... They have a West Coast Swing section this year - all new Westies MUST compete, it will encourage the other champs to add a section AND it will 'up' our motivation :clap:

:yeah: , especially all those who declared how much they love it on the WCS thread. Please show your support by entering the WCS section that Sherif has so kindly added to his Championships,

Donna
11th-April-2006, 03:04 PM
We're entering again! :clap: Might even do the open this time! Don't know about WCS as we don't yet have enough moves to do it. What about the salsa though? Is that still going ahead?

Simon
11th-April-2006, 05:08 PM
:yeah: , especially all those who declared how much they love it on the WCS thread. Please show your support by entering the WCS section that Sherif has so kindly added to his Championships,It's a brave step by Sherif to add it his competition timetable and I'd be interested to know any details available about judges, judging criteria, number of tracks, etc. [Lou, do you know answers to any of this?]

I'd be keen to support it and compete for the experience but I've just looked at my diary and spotted that it clashes with my wife's 30th Birthday. She doesn't dance and somehow I don't think watching me compete was how she planned on spending her special day! :whistle:

Lou
11th-April-2006, 05:36 PM
[Lou, do you know answers to any of this?]
All I know is what's in the leaflet (and thus what's on the website).

Details of the catagories are here (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=53)

and they're to be read alongside the rules here (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=54)

If I get any more info, I'll add it. :nice:

Donna
11th-April-2006, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Simon]It's a brave step by Sherif to add it his competition timetable

:yeah: Well I hope more enter for WCS and Salsa. last year, only two couples entered the salsa category! We're thinking of giving it a go having done a bit. If it's anything like last year it should be quite easy! :rofl: Depending on how much more WCS we learn, might just do that as well. :wink:

Paul F
11th-April-2006, 10:16 PM
Please show your support by entering the WCS section that Sherif has so kindly added to his Championships,

As the deployment plan at work is constantly changing I cannot be certain but I fear I will still be dancing around Argentina when the champs are on :rolleyes:

spikey blond
12th-April-2006, 01:27 PM
As the deployment plan at work is constantly changing I cannot be certain but I fear I will still be dancing around Argentina when the champs are on :rolleyes:

Not toooooooo much of a hardship then Paul, you little jet setter :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - will we see you entering the Argentinian Tango comp next??

Baruch
14th-April-2006, 01:57 PM
We may be competing. Undecided at the moment, as money is a bit tight.

Paul F
14th-April-2006, 02:05 PM
Not toooooooo much of a hardship then Paul, you little jet setter :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - will we see you entering the Argentinian Tango comp next??

Not likely :grin:

Any dancing I do over there will be based around the latin part of my ballroom/latin.

Although English is widely spoken I will have to work on my typical englishman communication skills including ridiculous hand signals while speaking louder and slower while expecting everyone to suddenly understand :grin:

Msfab
14th-April-2006, 02:09 PM
Not likely :grin:

Any dancing I do over there will be based around the latin part of my ballroom/latin.

Although English is widely spoken I will have to work on my typical englishman communication skills including ridiculous hand signals while speaking louder and slower while expecting everyone to suddenly understand :grin:

qué??

Bill
16th-April-2006, 02:58 PM
I would have loved to have come along as Fran and I have never been down there before but we'll be with my twin sister and her partner celebrating our birthday in Paris :D :rolleyes: and will mean I'll be eligible for the seniors at Blackpool next March :what: :whistle:

But hope it all goes well and maybe next year !!!!

Mary
16th-April-2006, 03:53 PM
I would have loved to have come along as Fran and I have never been down there before but we'll be with my twin sister and her partner celebrating our birthday in Paris :D :rolleyes: and will mean I'll be eligible for the seniors at Blackpool next March :what: :whistle:

But hope it all goes well and maybe next year !!!!

Cancel it!!! Come to WSM. Food is so dull in Paris - all oysters, steak and potatoes. AND the wine is soooo overpriced. And where are you going to dance??? Hmmmm? Montmartre is too knackering to climb up the hill (especially at your age :whistle: ) and Hotel Gare du Nord is just too expensive.

At least WSM is by the sea. (yes, I know Edinburgh is as well but it's a different sea). AND you wouldn' want to miss out on the chance of dancing with a couple of your other 'medal-winning' partners would you? ElaineB can get quite violent you know when she's been spurned for the sake of birthday celebrations. :devil:

And Tony feels cheated 'cos he hasn't had his quota of dances with Fran this year.

But, hey, no pressure.

M

Missy D
17th-April-2006, 10:21 AM
Would love to enter but my dance partner has a busy workload til the end of August. Bit tricky to enter alone especially when it comes to drops and lifts.

ElaineB
17th-April-2006, 02:04 PM
Cancel it!!!
At least WSM is by the sea. (yes, I know Edinburgh is as well but it's a different sea). AND you wouldn' want to miss out on the chance of dancing with a couple of your other 'medal-winning' partners would you? ElaineB can get quite violent you know when she's been spurned for the sake of birthday celebrations. :devil:

But, hey, no pressure.

M

:rofl: :rofl: She's right you know! :rofl: :rofl:

Elaine

Geordieed
18th-April-2006, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know who will be judging the WCS section of the competition. Plus is there any extra criteria for competitors on the style they use eg. how they use the slot.

Still not sure though if this is the best way to support WCS as a dance in this country.

Donna
18th-April-2006, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Geordieed]Does anyone know who will be judging the WCS section of the competition.

I guess the same judges who will be judging all the categories.

ElaineB
18th-April-2006, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know who will be judging the WCS section of the competition. Plus is there any extra criteria for competitors on the style they use eg. how they use the slot.

Still not sure though if this is the best way to support WCS as a dance in this country.

Well as David and Lily have been two of the six Judges for the past two years, I would think there is a fair chance that they may be doing it again this year?

Perhaps Lou or Harry may know?

Elaine

Mary
18th-April-2006, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE]

I guess the same judges who will be judging all the categories.

Whilst I think David and Lily are more than qualified as WCS judges, I would imagine that more than 2 would be preferable for a WCS competition and they would need to be conversant with the very exacting aspects of WCS technique. Some people may dance in a WCS kind of copycat style, but don't necessarily employ the techniques that makes the dance really work.

I would certainly be more than happy to be judged in other categories by our country's fabulous WCS teachers as well as in WCS.

M

Donna
19th-April-2006, 12:28 PM
I would certainly be more than happy to be judged in other categories by our country's fabulous WCS teachers as well as in WCS.

Imagine if Robert Cordoba was one of them!!! :eek: Damn, we can't even get a bloomin sugar push right yet never mind anything else!!!! :rofl: Hmmm will leave it until next year.. maybe.

Bill
19th-April-2006, 05:54 PM
Cancel it!!! Come to WSM. Food is so dull in Paris - all oysters, steak and potatoes. AND the wine is soooo overpriced. And where are you going to dance??? Hmmmm? Montmartre is too knackering to climb up the hill (especially at your age :whistle: ) and Hotel Gare du Nord is just too expensive.

And Tony feels cheated 'cos he hasn't had his quota of dances with Fran this year.

But, hey, no pressure.

M

well in that case ................ :rolleyes: .... I would if I hadn't already made the arrangements. Not sure how my sister would react !!!! But the thought of dances with you and Elaine makes me realise what I'd be missing :tears:

Will certainly make the effort to get down your way sometime early in the summer. Hope the comp goes well and Fran's looking forward to a few dances with Tony :grin: :cheers:

Minnie M
19th-April-2006, 05:55 PM
well in that case ................ :rolleyes: .... I would if I hadn't already made the arrangements. Not sure how my sister would react !!!! But the thought of dances with you and Elaine makes me realise what I'd be missing :tears: .........

:awe: some men just know the right things to say :drool:

LilyB
19th-April-2006, 06:57 PM
Whilst I think David and Lily are more than qualified as WCS judges, I would imagine that more than 2 would be preferable for a WCS competition and they would need to be conversant with the very exacting aspects of WCS technique. Some people may dance in a WCS kind of copycat style, but don't necessarily employ the techniques that makes the dance really work. .....

M

If I were judging at this year's competition, I would apply practically the same judging criteria to the WCS category as to the other freestyle categories ie. I would award points for style, musical interpretation, innovation, synchronisation of dancers, quality of dancing, complexity of moves, dress and presentation. The one difference is that I would expect the dance performed to be recognisable as West Coast Swing.

As the WCS category is, I understand, aimed at freestyle partner dancing, I would be looking out for social WCS dancing skills at a performance level with emphasis on lead and follow technique. There has to be recognisable WCS content, which in most major competitions in the USA stands at a minimum 90% of the performance. As for a defininition of WCS content, I have had regard to the rules and guidance laid down in USA competitions, which would generally include other styles of 'Swing' dance insofar as they can be identified primarily by 6-beat and 8-beat patterns that incorporate a wide variety of rhythms. 6-beat patterns include, but are not limited to, pass, underarm turns, push-breaks, and open-to-closed/closed-to-open position patterns. 8-beat patterns include, but are not limited to, whips, swingouts, Lindy circles and Shag pivots. Rules for timing include an expectation that the dance will begin on the downbeat. The characteristic patttern of the slot must be clearly demonstrated but dancers may stretch or shift the slot and may incorporate patterns outside the slot provided the character of the dance remains recognisable as WCS.

Please note that the above is purely my observations and in no way represents the judging criteria for the new WCS category at the W-S-M competition.

Mary
19th-April-2006, 07:59 PM
If I were judging at this year's competition, I would apply practically the same judging criteria to the WCS category as to the other freestyle categories ie. I would award points for style, musical interpretation, innovation, synchronisation of dancers, quality of dancing, complexity of moves, dress and presentation. The one difference is that I would expect the dance performed to be recognisable as West Coast Swing.

As the WCS category is, I understand, aimed at freestyle partner dancing, I would be looking out for social WCS dancing skills at a performance level with emphasis on lead and follow technique. There has to be recognisable WCS content, which in most major competitions in the USA stands at a minimum 90% of the performance. As for a defininition of WCS content, I have had regard to the rules and guidance laid down in USA competitions, which would generally include other styles of 'Swing' dance insofar as they can be identified primarily by 6-beat and 8-beat patterns that incorporate a wide variety of rhythms. 6-beat patterns include, but are not limited to, pass, underarm turns, push-breaks, and open-to-closed/closed-to-open position patterns. 8-beat patterns include, but are not limited to, whips, swingouts, Lindy circles and Shag pivots. Rules for timing include an expectation that the dance will begin on the downbeat. The characteristic patttern of the slot must be clearly demonstrated but dancers may stretch or shift the slot and may incorporate patterns outside the slot provided the character of the dance remains recognisable as WCS.

Please note that the above is purely my observations and in no way represents the judging criteria for the new WCS category at the W-S-M competition.

Ermmmm..........:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :respect: :respect:

But I would also be happy to be judged by a WCS teacher in a non-WCS category. Rather than be judged in a WCS category by a MJ or non-WCS teacher/judge. And that's in no way meant to diss any of the existing W-S-M judges all ofwhom I have a great regard for. :worthy:

M

Missy D
9th-June-2006, 08:08 AM
I shall be entering this year in the advanced category with Mikeyr:hug:

Really looking forward to competing and catching up with everyone:clap:

Can anyone recommend a local hotel?:flower:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2006, 10:38 PM
I'd love to come down and just do the DWAS and the party in the evening (and of course to support 'my team':D ), but I just can't book train tickets online!

Tried both queuejump and GNER webpages, and the result id the same, no matter what times or dates I try: 'No available services' on that line. What?? No trains between Dundee and London? Is this someones idea of a joke?? Well, I'm not amused!!!!!!!

Anyone else had problems trying to book train tickets online with GNER lately??:confused:

Frustrated Little Monkey

PS - yes, I will go down to the trainstation and see if I can book there!

frodo
10th-June-2006, 09:54 AM
I'd love to come down and just do the DWAS and the party in the evening (and of course to support 'my team':D ), but I just can't book train tickets online!

Tried both queuejump and GNER webpages, and the result id the same, no matter what times or dates I try: 'No available services' on that line. What?? No trains between Dundee and London? Is this someones idea of a joke?? Well, I'm not amused!!!!!!!

Anyone else had problems trying to book train tickets online with GNER lately??:confused:

Frustrated Little Monkey

PS - yes, I will go down to the trainstation and see if I can book there!
Uptime and telling you if it goes wrong rather than giving you bad results doesn't seem to have been a priority with these train databases.

Virgin trains who have more direct (if travelling straight to WSM), if less comfortable services, may be an alternative.

Minnie M
10th-June-2006, 10:21 AM
Can anyone recommend a local hotel?:flower:
:yeah: :tears:
under £50 per night please :flower:

Mary
10th-June-2006, 12:00 PM
:yeah: :tears:
under £50 per night please :flower:

Try the Travel Inn. Just a short drive from the venue. Costing us £51 for 2.

M

Minnie M
10th-June-2006, 04:49 PM
Try the Travel Inn. Just a short drive from the venue. Costing us £51 for 2.

M
hmmm..... OK for people like you with lovely partners :tears:

Will check it out anyway, but £50 is a bit steep for one night :sad: (for just me)

johnah
16th-June-2006, 12:38 PM

Will check it out anyway, but £50 is a bit steep for one night :sad: (for just me)

You could try these hotels all close to the Winter Gardens:

Monte Bello Hotel 01934 622303
Midland Hotel 01934 621217
Seward Hotel 01934 621227
Smiths Hotel 01934 642159
Arosfa Hotel 01934 419523
Royal Grosvenor 01934 628147

Good Luck:hug:

Donna
16th-June-2006, 12:39 PM

To be honest I think the Travel Inn would be the ideal place to stay. Hmmm might consider it, but will check other accommodation first. At least you know the Travel Inn won't be a dive and has everything you need.

Wendy
16th-June-2006, 12:58 PM
As the deployment plan at work is constantly changing I cannot be certain but I fear I will still be dancing around Argentina when the champs are on :rolleyes: Have you been trying to hide the fact that you really ARE James Bond ??? :flower:

Wx

Minnie M
16th-June-2006, 01:07 PM
thanks John - will start ringing this afternoon

To be honest I think the Travel Inn would be the ideal place to stay. Hmmm might consider it, but will check other accommodation first. At least you know the Travel Inn won't be a dive and has everything you need.
The WSM Travel Inn fully booked, however they are £51 per night - which is a bit steep when you are not sharing :eek: The nearest one available is Bridgewater :sad:

I am not competing and I am travelling alone - so it is not worth spending that kind of money for one nights stay - I would rather drive home :sad:

Paul F
16th-June-2006, 01:07 PM
Have you been trying to hide the fact that you really ARE James Bond ??? :flower:

Wx

A lady in every port, license to kill, suave, sophisticated......

Nope. Not me :rolleyes:

:grin:

You really should hear my Sean Connery impression when Im teaching. It has been known to peel paint off the walls!

Minnie M
16th-June-2006, 01:16 PM

Monte Bello Hotel 01934 622303
Midland Hotel 01934 621217
Seward Hotel 01934 621227
Smiths Hotel 01934 642159
Arosfa Hotel 01934 419523
Royal Grosvenor 01934 628147

Good Luck:hug:

Booked in at the Monte Bello Hotel (the first call) single room at £30 per night :clap: :clap: thank you so much John :kiss: :flower:: :love:

Might even do Friday night at that price !

Wendy
16th-June-2006, 01:26 PM
You really should hear my Sean Connery impression when Im teaching. It has been known to peel paint off the walls!

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait - that must be horrendous!!!!

Wx

johnah
16th-June-2006, 01:31 PM
Booked in at the Monte Bello Hotel (the first call) single room at £30 per night :clap: :clap: thank you so much John :kiss: :flower:: :love:

Might even do Friday night at that price !

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :flower:

There's about 25 or so of us coming down for the Champs too, so should be fun. We're staying at the Mentone [fully booked] which is nearby. We will be staying there for BIG BANG too 18 & 19 August, which also promises to be another humdinger of a dance weekend. Ciao:hug:

Donna
16th-June-2006, 01:50 PM
:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait - that must be horrendous!!!!

Wx

well I've never heard it... yet! :devil: Paul, I can give you my number and you can do it over the phone!! :rofl:

Anybody know who the judges are yet? I only know one so far.

Paul F
16th-June-2006, 01:58 PM
well I've never heard it... yet! :devil: Paul, I can give you my number and you can do it over the phone!! :rofl:

Brave, brave souls :grin:

Baruch
21st-June-2006, 12:25 AM
We were planning on entering, but my wife (also my dance partner) has had a relapse of a long-term illness, so it's touch and go whether she'll even be well enough to dance, let alone compete :sad:

Missy D
12th-July-2006, 09:18 AM
Can anyone give me a lift to this event friday evening? I live in north London.:flower:

WittyBird
12th-July-2006, 06:41 PM
Can anyone give me a lift to this event friday evening? I live in north London.:flower:

Will ask around for you sweetie :flower:

dee
12th-July-2006, 07:29 PM

If i didn't own 100 animals i would take you sis :flower:

WittyBird
12th-July-2006, 07:38 PM
If i didn't own 100 animals i would take you sis :flower:
Bless you that is really kind :flower: I am going through my phone book as we speak!!

stewart38
12th-July-2006, 08:17 PM
Bless you that is really kind :flower: I am going through my phone book as we speak!!

Are they still taking entries ? WB has kindly offered a lift to anyone who needs it :grin: after Ashtons of course

WittyBird
12th-July-2006, 08:54 PM
Are they still taking entries ? WB has kindly offered a lift to anyone who needs it :grin: after Ashtons of course

yeah right, cos of course I'm going and competing :rolleyes:

stewart38
12th-July-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah right, cos of course I'm going and competing :rolleyes:

set of after ashton 1am will be in Bristol 5am sleep till 8am, arrive 9am win title later

It will be like a weekender but with more sleep :grin:

Missy D
13th-July-2006, 08:15 AM
Just looked on route planner and found out its almost 150 miles from my house:eek:

Maybe I will chance my car but leave late in the evening - could always do Ashtons for a couple of hours beforehand.

mikeyr
13th-July-2006, 12:11 PM
Maybe I will chance my car but leave late in the evening - could always do Ashtons for a couple of hours beforehand.

OR you can get a train from Paddington to Weston that will take less than 2 1/2 hrs for approx £50 return. You can book at the following website http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.html

ElaineB
13th-July-2006, 12:11 PM
set of after ashton 1am will be in Bristol 5am sleep till 8am, arrive 9am win title later

It will be like a weekender but with more sleep :grin:

Well, I am going to have to come along to see that then! :wink:

Best of luck to everyone competing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Donna
13th-July-2006, 01:08 PM
Well, I am going to have to come along to see that then! :wink:

Best of luck to everyone competing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Cheers Elaine. Are you and Simon competing?

Donna. :hug:

philsmove
13th-July-2006, 03:23 PM
you might be interested in this (http://www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1036.0)

mikeyr
13th-July-2006, 03:35 PM
you might be interested in this (http://www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1036.0)

Hey Ho another Black tie ball,:what: forgetting what its like to wear jeans to a dance these days....... And why are they so often in the summer when its too bl&&dy hot. Anyway better get the DJ down to the dry cleaners, again.:D

ElaineB
13th-July-2006, 11:14 PM
Cheers Elaine. Are you and Simon competing?

Donna. :hug:

Nope! I was hoping to enter DWAS, but not sure now! We just need a bit of time off, to catch up on friends and normal things! We are soooo busy at the moment, that I am amazed that we ever had the time to compete! Also, it doesn't help that we have decided to learn Ballroom and Latin and we are hoping to take our silver medals a bit later in the year! I really, really need to give up work!

However, don't worry, we'll be back! :D

I hope to get to the event at some point - if not competing, I will be cheering everyone on!

Good luck to you and Steve,

Elaine

Missy D
14th-July-2006, 07:40 AM
A week to go and just going through checklist:-

Travel arrangements - Not sorted!

Dance shoes for the comp - Still being made!

Comp outfits - still need major alteration!

Yep everything running as smooth as can be!:rofl:

Missy D
15th-July-2006, 05:11 PM
Got a call to say that I could collect my dance shoes today.:clap:

My happiness was short lived as when I got there they didnt fit:sad:

Travel arrangements sorted!:clap:

Costume still too big!

No shoes yet!

Sure it will all work out in the end! (well I hope).

littlewiggle
15th-July-2006, 05:35 PM

Travel arrangements sorted!:clap:

Costume still too big!

No shoes yet!

Sure it will all work out in the end! (well I hope).

oooh I'm not going but would love to see your costume....please post pics (after the event of course sweetie!)

oh and Good Luck :flower:

dee
15th-July-2006, 08:01 PM
oooh I'm not going but would love to see your costume....please post pics (after the event of course sweetie!)

oh and Good Luck :flower:

:yeah: Im sure it will all work out in the end sis :hug: don't forget if you have troubles still with the travel arrangements there is always the moped in my garage but you must set off by monday what with top speed of 30 MPH :rofl:

Missy D
15th-July-2006, 08:08 PM
:yeah: Im sure it will all work out in the end sis :hug: don't forget if you have troubles still with the travel arrangements there is always the moped in my garage but you must set off by monday what with top speed of 30 MPH :rofl:

Can you imagine me on that 'George and Mildred' bike of yours:rofl: :rofl:

(Dee did I tell you I am in fact going to Egypt soon)?

dee
15th-July-2006, 08:24 PM
Can you imagine me on that 'George and Mildred' bike of yours:rofl: :rofl:

(Dee did I tell you I am in fact going to Egypt soon)?

Don't forget it's NOT MINE :innocent:

Egypt? yeah i think you did tell me :really: i want to go :tears:

Lou
16th-July-2006, 05:27 PM

They're not black & silver, by any chance, are they?

Missy D
16th-July-2006, 08:25 PM
They're not black & silver, by any chance, are they?

Yes they are! Have you some on order too?

Lou
16th-July-2006, 10:14 PM
Yes they are!
:grin: I was ordering some as you were trying them on. I didn't know who you were at the time, though, and only guessed after your post. Yours are lovely, though. :)

Missy D
17th-July-2006, 06:57 AM
:grin: I was ordering some as you were trying them on. I didn't know who you were at the time, though, and only guessed after your post. Yours are lovely, though. :)

Were you in the shop on saturday? Hope they will be ready in time for the weekend!

Lou
17th-July-2006, 08:18 AM
Were you in the shop on saturday? Hope they will be ready in time for the weekend!
I was. :D Fingers crossed, and all the best for the comp. :clap:

Donna
17th-July-2006, 12:58 PM

:rofl: :rofl: I can imagine that! It would be something like that scene from dumb and dumber, when they're on their long journey to a little place called Aaaaspen!! :rofl:

mikeyr
17th-July-2006, 04:03 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I can imagine that! It would be something like that scene from dumb and dumber, when they're on their long journey to a little place called Aaaaspen!! :rofl:

I hate to spoil the picture of her riding down to Weston on an old moped in her very sparkly outfit:eek: , but Missy D has agreed to travel down with me........ and I have a very nice, almost new, bright red Vespa scooter.....50cc. So she will be arriving in fine style:waycool: :what:

frodo
17th-July-2006, 08:07 PM
OR you can get a train from Paddington to Weston that will take less than 2 1/2 hrs for approx £50 return. You can book at the following website http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.html
Or you might be able to, depending on the effect of http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9072.

mikeyr
18th-July-2006, 09:46 AM
Or you might be able to, depending on the effect of http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9072.

A good point, I didnt realise at the time of posting:blush: However Missy D and I will be travelling down on my little Red Vespa:waycool: It will come into its own weaving in and out of all the stationary traffic that will be on the M4 due to the combination of Rail Strikes and hot weekend weather.:grin:

dee
18th-July-2006, 12:08 PM
I hate to spoil the picture of her riding down to Weston on an old moped in her very sparkly outfit:eek: , but Missy D has agreed to travel down with me........ and I have a very nice, almost new, bright red Vespa scooter.....50cc. So she will be arriving in fine style:waycool: :what:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i never thought of that :rofl: :rofl: i can picture it now.

Mike if you fancy borrowing the side car and go 'George and Mildred' style you are more than welcome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mikeyr
18th-July-2006, 12:27 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i never thought of that :rofl: :rofl: i can picture it now.

Mike if you fancy borrowing the side car and go 'George and Mildred' style you are more than welcome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No seriously, now you mention it, its a good Idea:cool: , cos of the lack of luggage space she's actually got to wear the outfit on the back of the bike and I know she was a bit apprehensive especilly as I dont have a black sparkly helmet.:whistle: Plus it would free up some space for more sparkly outfits:whistle: . Be round later to bolt it on.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dee
18th-July-2006, 01:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No seriously, now you mention it, its a good Idea:cool: , cos of the lack of luggage space she's actually got to wear the outfit on the back of the bike and I know she was a bit apprehensive especilly as I dont have a black sparkly helmet.:whistle: Plus it would free up some space for more sparkly outfits:whistle: . Be round later to bolt it on.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't have a black and white sparkly helmet? :eek: so the rumours are not true? :innocent: :rofl: :rofl:

I will be laughing all day at the thought of my sis in a side car :rofl: :rofl:

Donna
18th-July-2006, 01:31 PM
You don't have a black and white sparkly helmet? :eek: so the rumours are not true? :innocent: :rofl: :rofl:

I will be laughing all day at the thought of my sis in a side car :rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: :rofl: You can imagine it... after that 100 mph wind down the motorway, her hair will look like Ken Dodds after an electric shock! :rofl: Not forgetting frozen snot trails above her top lip! :rofl:

dee
18th-July-2006, 01:49 PM
:yeah: :rofl: You can imagine it... after that 100 mph wind down the motorway, her hair will look like Ken Dodds after an electric shock! :rofl: Not forgetting frozen snot trails above her top lip! :rofl:

So you have met my sis then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry sis didn't mean it :flower:

Missy D
18th-July-2006, 01:50 PM
What are you lot like eh?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like you Dee I will also be laughing all day about Mike and his sparkly helmet:rofl:

Donna
18th-July-2006, 01:52 PM
What are you lot like eh?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like you Dee I will also be laughing all day about Mike and his sparkly helmet:rofl:

sniiiiger :rofl:

Ok, so at least i'll know that when you're laughing through all the rounds, you're not loopy!

mikeyr
18th-July-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Missy D
What are you lot like eh?

Like you Dee I will also be laughing all day about Mike and his sparkly helmet.

sniiiiger :rofl:

Ok, so at least i'll know that when you're laughing through all the rounds, you're not loopy!

Ladies, my helmet lost its sparkle years ago. Over the years its had all the sparkle rubbed off:what: :really:

Dee's right Missy D looks like that anyway(just joking babe) It certainly wont be as a result of riding with me(:what:) I dont get much from my little thing anymore.... it only does 35mph.........with a tail wind :whistle:

Donna
18th-July-2006, 03:44 PM
Ladies, my helmet lost its sparkle years ago. Over the years its had all the sparkle rubbed off:what: :really:

Dee's right Missy D looks like that anyway(just joking babe) It certainly wont be as a result of riding with me(:what:) I dont get much from my little thing anymore.... it only does 35mph.........with a tail wind :whistle:

Oh my gaaawd, too many disturbing visions... :eek: arrrrgh. :rofl: :rofl: I won't go into them. :blush: but I sure could write a comedy sketch!! :rofl:

dee
18th-July-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh my gaaawd, too many disturbing visions... :eek: arrrrgh. :rofl: :rofl: I won't go into them. :blush: but I sure could write a comedy sketch!! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

under par
18th-July-2006, 10:38 PM
good luck to all those competing this weekend I hope you all have a fab time:cheers: :yeah:

Missy D
19th-July-2006, 09:06 AM
2 days to go and still no sign of my dance shoes:what: May have to spray my old ones to match my outfit - Halfords here we come.

So which forumites are competing this weekend?

Are there any entrants for the WCS section?

under par
19th-July-2006, 09:08 AM

Mrs Par and I are competing.:cheers:

Missy D
19th-July-2006, 09:16 AM
Mrs Par and I are competing.:cheers:

Great which section? No doubt Mrs Par will have a stunning outfit to wear. If ever she has a wardrobe clear out pm me and I will be straight round:flower:

under par
19th-July-2006, 09:24 AM
Great which section?
DWAS and advanced.

No doubt Mrs Par will have a stunning outfit to wear. If ever she has a wardrobe clear out pm me and I will be straight round:flower:

:rofl: :rofl: :flower:

mikeyr
19th-July-2006, 09:53 AM

Me........ But then you know that:D

We are staying in the Travel inn, there are a few non-forumites i know competing who are also staying there, we gonna meet up in the hotel on the Friday eve before the event starts just chill a bit, offer moral support and generally try to be a bit of a rowdy mob (ease the stress of competition).

Come and say hi, the more the rowdier.... I mean merrier:grin:

See you all there :cheers:

Rhythm King
19th-July-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, as of this afternoon, it looks like I'm competing in the WCS class. No practice beforehand, or anything sensible like that! Now where did I put those J&T DVDs...

Anyone want to meet up for dinner between the comps and the evening event?

under par
19th-July-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, as of this afternoon, it looks like I'm competing in the WCS class. No practice beforehand, or anything sensible like that! Now where did I put those J&T DVDs...

Who is the lucky girl:flower:

Anyone want to meet up for dinner between the comps and the evening event?

Sounds good might be up for that.

Simon r
19th-July-2006, 04:29 PM
Can we all eat after the competition i am not allowed to eat during ....

that will be another telling off ...

I think we went with Mary and Tony to a nice italian up the road...

So count me and Nicole in..

Minnie M
19th-July-2006, 04:49 PM

me too :clap: please:flower:

Simon r
19th-July-2006, 04:55 PM

Hmmmm or was that Brit rock still count us in

mikeyr
19th-July-2006, 05:08 PM

Count me in too. I darent eat during the comp either, my trousers are a bit tight fitting as it is :eek:

Donna
19th-July-2006, 05:21 PM
Count me in too. I darent eat during the comp either, my trousers are a bit tight fitting as it is :eek:

Plus if you eat anything to stodgey whilst competing, it really takes it out of you. All you'll want to do is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Missy D
19th-July-2006, 05:30 PM
Plus if you eat anything to stodgey whilst competing, it really takes it out of you. All you'll want to do is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Knowing Mikeyr its not the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz after a meal that would worry me during the comp - more the wind factor:innocent:

Donna
19th-July-2006, 05:38 PM
Knowing Mikeyr its not the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz after a meal that would worry me during the comp - more the wind factor:innocent:

Greeeeat what a combination that'll be.... between your shoes and his backside, we'll all be left for dead! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Bet he can move fast though.. like a rocket!!:rofl:)

Missy D
19th-July-2006, 05:43 PM
Greeeeat what a combination that'll be.... between your shoes and his backside, we'll all be left for dead! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Bet he can move fast though.. like a rocket!!:rofl:)

Power assisted slide is our speciality!:rofl: :rofl:

Still no shoes so will get the Halfords car spray paint out in a bit to do my shoes

94 and I have to practise in a non air con venue tonight:eek:

Donna
19th-July-2006, 05:48 PM
Power assisted slide is our speciality!:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: Just an idea, if he doesn't manage to hit the breaks on time, he can always let one off on the beat instead!! Lets just hope there isn't too many huh?! :rofl:

Still no shoes so will get the Halfords car spray paint out in a bit to do my shoes

94 and I have to practise in a non air con venue tonight:eek:

Well if I were you, I'd go dancing in ya bikini (or how about just a thong with a paint brush??:D :rofl: ) if I was you. I danced at chester mon & Tues and there is no air con there either. Everybody was soaked through. I couldn't wait to get home and have a shower!

Mary
19th-July-2006, 08:04 PM
Hmmmm or was that Brit rock still count us in

It was Britrock. Haven't managed to get out for a meal at WSM yet - but do like the idea. However, are you willing to wait until after the aerials? That category always seems to be on last - unless you're on last for the Open Finals.

M

DavidB
19th-July-2006, 08:18 PM
Can we all eat after the competition i am not allowed to eat during ....I make no wonder you are always tired. You need to eat during the day.

And especially in this heat - drink lots of liquids.

Graham W
19th-July-2006, 09:32 PM
I'll be there for DWAS

G

Donna
20th-July-2006, 11:27 AM
I make no wonder you are always tired. You need to eat during the day.

:yeah: which means you'll just end up running back and too to the loo! :rofl:

Simon r
20th-July-2006, 11:36 AM
I make no wonder you are always tired. You need to eat during the day.

We do have a banana and water does that not count

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't know W-S-M myself, but if anyone can suggest a venue and time, after the end of the comp and before the evening do, then let's go for it. Otherwise I can ask a friend who lives that way, for a recommendation.

Simon r
20th-July-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't know W-S-M myself, but if anyone can suggest a venue and time, after the end of the comp and before the evening do, then let's go for it. Otherwise I can ask a friend who lives that way, for a recommendation.

Recomendation sound good but sound like could be quite a lot of us now making a big reservation might need a deposit.

Does anyone know how long the break is?

Limpy Tink
20th-July-2006, 12:25 PM
:respect: Good luck to all you guys that are competing. :worthy:

I was gutted to find out that the Mass Dance clashed with this weekend, so I am not able to get to WSM. :tears: but now that I know I will be missing a demonstration that includes Mikyr's sparkly helmet, Missy D's new hair do and a new outfit from Mrs Par / Mrs Under / Mrs UP / Sharon! (never quite sure which one it is! :whistle:) it is just adding insult to injury!!:(

When I am roasting my ar$e off in Trafalgar Square - I will think of you all longingly!!:sad:

PS. Who are you competing in the West coast with Richard?

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 12:45 PM
It was Britrock. Haven't managed to get out for a meal at WSM yet - but do like the idea. However, are you willing to wait until after the aerials? That category always seems to be on last - unless you're on last for the Open Finals.

M

Surely, if we're in Weston, it should be down the peer for an ice cream and a play on the dance machine in the arcade?

Donna
20th-July-2006, 12:49 PM
Recomendation sound good but sound like could be quite a lot of us now making a big reservation might need a deposit.

Does anyone know how long the break is?

Just been discussing what time the comps finish with martin, and haven't got a clue what time the finals are. Lets just say they finish around 5.30? & the presentations last year if I remember rightly were at 9.30? We have at least 4 hours to play with. :clap:

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 01:04 PM
Less time for getting dressed for the evening though, in some cases that could leave us with rather less than half an hour :devil:

Donna
20th-July-2006, 01:45 PM
Less time for getting dressed for the evening though, in some cases that could leave us with rather less than half an hour :devil:

Damn... I'll definately need a shower first and get dressed into something fresh. (gotta new black latin outfit, although not glittery, but hey what the hell, hardly anybody wore something glittery last year. Could add something I suppose.)

I think after 5.30 everybody should take their sweaty dance costumes off, freshen up a bit, & put something casual on and make sure they leave at 6.

So long as we don't go out too far from the venue, we could spend at least a couple of hours out so that will take us till 8. You still have an hour 1/2 to spare to get back to your accommadation, get showered and changed and back by 9.30 no?

marty_baby
20th-July-2006, 01:57 PM
Damn... I'll definately need a shower first and get dressed into something fresh. (gotta new black latin outfit, although not glittery, but hey what the hell, hardly anybody wore something glittery last year. Could add something I suppose.)

I think after 5.30 everybody should take their sweaty dance costumes off, freshen up a bit, & put something casual on and make sure they leave at 6.

So long as we don't go out too far from the venue, we could spend at least a couple of hours out so that will take us till 8. You still have an hour 1/2 to spare to get back to your accommadation, get showered and changed and back by 9.30 no?

Girls are way too organised! :rofl:

...only kidding - the above sounds like a good plan :nice:

Are the comps really all done by 5.30 tho?? there are shed loads of different catagories... salsa, WCS etc...

Really looking forward to it!.... and it would be nice to have a proper sit down meal before the evening :na:

Simon r
20th-July-2006, 02:04 PM

:yeah:
No sharing the shower this time ...:eek:

ducasi
20th-July-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey, hope you all do really well! :hug:

Donna
20th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
:yeah:
No sharing the shower this time ...:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :blush:

Ok guys, I've just phoned sheriff & he told me to let you lot know, that the finals won't be finished until approx 7 leaving us 1 hour until the presentations, to grab something to eat and change into our best outfits. :0/

So, I was thinking, after the presentations we could all go out and grab something to eat rather than in the hours break?? Then we could make our way back for 10.00-10.30 for the glitter ball. It doesn't finish until 1.00 a.m. :nice:

Oh yeah - Ducasi, thank you :hug:
Martin - you bet girls are more organised!!! :wink: :rofl:

Good luck to everybody who is competing. Will be nice to meet some forumites too. :)

marty_baby
20th-July-2006, 05:07 PM
Right,

I'm out of the office now until next tuesday! :clap:

Best of luck everyone for this Saturday! :hug:

Don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Martin
:cheers:

Donna
20th-July-2006, 05:56 PM
Right,

I'm out of the office now until next tuesday! :clap:

Best of luck everyone for this Saturday! :hug:

Don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Martin
:cheers:

Me too!! :clap: :clap: :clap: roll on saturday!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Missy D
20th-July-2006, 11:35 PM
Collected my new dance shoes today:clap: :clap:

Shame only 1 pair actually fits - just had to be the pair to go with my comp outfit that doesnt fit me :sad:

Almost 11.30pm and I am searching through all my clothes to find something that will match these shoes!!

Anyone know what the floor is like as I have sticky bottoms! suede!

And thats not all thats going wrong at the moment! Just trod on some glass:tears: Ouch! ouch!

So much to do in the morning - sure it will go something like this:-

6.30am get up have breakfast, do pack lunch for Amy.

7am drag Amy out of bed for breafast.

7.30am drag Amy out of bed again.

8am push Amy out of the front door for school.

8.05am go to work for an hour.

9.30 til 12 go shopping for veet etc, go to the post office, go to the bank, shower, pack, go back to the shops as I have usually forgotten something. Find someone to have the cat (almost forgot about him).

12.30 Mikeyr arrives finding me flapping that I have no clothes to wear, does my bum look big in this etc.

1pm realise no response from Mikeyr only a look :what:

1.05 start the journey to WSM (thinking for the first 50 miles that I have forgotten something).

Off to bed now in this tropical heat!

under par
20th-July-2006, 11:48 PM
Anyone know what the floor is like as I have sticky bottoms! suede!

!

When I went to Big Bang earlier this year the floor was very slick, very slippy especially near the stage.

Its a great venue and a great floor and I really hope you haven't hurt your foot on the glass:flower:

Missy D
20th-July-2006, 11:50 PM
When I went to Big Bang earlier this year the floor was very slick, very slippy especially near the stage.

Its a great venue and a great floor and I really hope you haven't hurt your foot on the glass:flower:

Thank you:flower:

Glad my sticky shoes will be useful even though they match nothing in my wardrobe:eek:

Foot ok - just stings a little. Have it soaking in a bowl of water at the moment.

ElaineB
21st-July-2006, 07:27 AM
Having been to the comp for the last two years, I found the floor absolutely perfect! The only difficulty is avoiding the tape marked out on the floor which it put down for the use of the camera man - and that was not really a problem.

Good luck everyone - I hope you have a fabulous day!

Elaine
:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Minnie M
21st-July-2006, 07:28 AM
Good luck everyone - see you tomorrow :clap:

I'll be cheering you all on :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap: