PDA

View Full Version : That's dedication

Dance Demon
9th-April-2006, 01:29 PM
had a great time at Mama Morton's in Dundee last night, and it was great to see Roy the Boy there ( the lovely Roy to the laydeez)....I bumped into him again after the event at the BP service station on the Perth road, where he was fueling up his car. In chatting, I discovered that he'd travelled up from Manchester that morning to come to Mama Morton's, and was travelling back down after the event. That meant he had a round trip of around 600 miles to attend the event. That's dedication if ever I heard it. :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:

Lory
9th-April-2006, 01:40 PM
That meant he had a round trip of around 600 miles to attend the event.

600miles :eek: :really:

:worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Minnie M
9th-April-2006, 01:47 PM
........ Roy the Boy there ( the lovely Roy to the laydeez)....
:yeah: :rofl: true .... :really: he is known as "the lovely Roy" that's because he is so lovely and such a gentleman :flower: however, I thought laydeez where fellas who thought they were ladies :eek: or maybe :confused: are you trying to say something DD :whistle:

..........a round trip of around 600 miles to attend the event. That's dedication if ever I heard ........
:respect: that requires TOTAL RESPECT :respect:

When are you coming down south DD :tears: :tears:

RoyBoy
9th-April-2006, 11:12 PM
I quite enjoy the drive north - once I'm clear of the bottlenecks around Manchester.
It's the coming back that can be a bit boring, usually because I do it in the wee small hours.
However, on this occasion I was fortified with (three helpings) of Heathers delicious clilly. (glad you called of Dave, I ate yours!!!)
It was well worth every mile. Had some great dances to an inspiring selection of music. Well done to Heather and Wendy for the "Mamma Mortons" experience.
I'd also like to thank Lindsay and Brady for a great WCS workshop in the afternoon. Hope it's not too long before before I can get another WCS fix.

Heather
10th-April-2006, 09:32 AM
However, on this occasion I was fortified with (three helpings) of Heathers delicious clilly. (glad you called of Dave, I ate yours!!!)
It was well worth every mile. Had some great dances to an inspiring selection of music. Well done to Heather and Wendy for the "Mamma Mortons" experience.
I'd also like to thank Lindsay and Brady for a great WCS workshop in the afternoon. Hope it's not too long before before I can get another WCS fix.

Glad it was worth the trip, Roy!!:respect:
Just want to say thanks for making the effort to visit us in Dundee on Saturday. The lovely ladies of Dundee, Perth and Edinburgh certainly appreciated some lovely dances at Mama's.:clap:
Glad you enjoyed Brady and Lindsay's West Coast Swing workshop - there's another one next month - you'll get your 'fix' then if you can face another trip north!
There might even be another bowl of chilli after the workshop!:wink:

:hug:
Heather

Jive Brummie
10th-April-2006, 06:04 PM
Good to hear about MM's the past weekend. Melanie and I couldn't make it as we were having a weekend 'off' in sunny Inverness.

Not to dance but purely to just chill out and relax.

Had a fantastic weekend and are now back in Longforgan reminiscing (sp?).

Top tip, if you plan on going to Inverness, stay at The Old Manse which is a B & B run by a really nice couple in a place called Lochend. Funnily enough overlooking Loch Ness.

Stunning views and close enough to Inverness for entertainments etc. Good restaurant recommendation 'Rocpool' on the corner of Ness Walk and some other street:confused: Helpfull eh!

Will be at the next Mama Mortons though so we can get our 'local dance fix'.

Dancing in Dundee....woooooohoooooo:respect:

JB x x x

Lindsay
11th-April-2006, 11:08 AM
Was good to see you Roy, such a smooth mover you.....
Doubt you'll make it back up for Dance Fever in a few weeks' time, but we'd all love to see you back here sometime soon.... :)
Heather makes a great chilli - highly recommended :grin: