PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Beach Ballroom - Dance Weekend April 2006

IainL
7th-April-2006, 02:42 PM
I am considering driving from London to Aberdeen and would like to find anyone to car share and possibly share driving as well.

Therefore, I am interested to have feed back on the following:
1. Anyone who is considering attending but have not booked yet and are interested in travelling by car.

(There is accommodation still available at the Station Hotel at reasonable rates).

2. Anyone who has booked but have not finalised on travel arrangements.

Please reply ASAP.

Many thanks

Iain Langridge

Northants Girly
7th-April-2006, 02:50 PM
I am considering driving from London to Aberdeen . . .
You must be joking! :sick:

:devil:

stewart38
7th-April-2006, 05:13 PM
You must be joking! :sick:

:devil:

Driven to John O groats and back in a weekend form london ,no worries

Its tempting :whistle:

Lorna
7th-April-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh, go on. It's not that far. I've driven to london and back in a weekend and I'm a girl!!:wink:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Piglet
9th-April-2006, 12:37 AM
When are you driving up? I'm driving back up home on the Friday (from Hereford) but not sure yet whether I'll have the energy for the Friday night.

Can recommend a hotel at the services in Gretna Green if you want to stop off there...

Go for it Ian - and make sure you make yourself known to us all :D

Minnie M
9th-April-2006, 05:54 PM
I've driven from Brighton to Glasgow (and back of course) a couple of times - for work, but stopped off at the Travelodge in Carlise - I actually enjoyed the drive :flower:

IainL
10th-April-2006, 12:18 PM
Thank you all for your responses; particularly from those offering excellent sound advice and guidance!!!

I currently have several people interested and I will let you know the final outcome.

To answer some of your questions....

So far my current itinerary is to leave the southern hemisphere early Friday morning and return from the Northern Monday morning. I will be take the north/South motorway corridor so anyone wishing to thumb a lift or join the convoy are welcome. Just let me know which junction you wish to rendezvous.

Thanks