PDA

View Full Version : London on Thursday

DaveD
3rd-April-2006, 07:51 PM
Having completed my researches into central London venues on Tuesday (ISH) and Wednesday (Jive Bar) nights, I now turn my attention to Thursday!

There doesn't seem to be any central venues, so it looks like a trip to Fulham or Jongleurs. Fulham looks most accessible by tube, but Jongleurs might be possible?

Any recommendations :cheers:

Dave

DavidB
3rd-April-2006, 08:07 PM
Fulham looks most accessible by tube, but Jongleurs might be possible?From central London it can take just as long to get to either venue. Fulham is a lot closer to the tube station, but you can easily spend 20 minutes waiting for the right District Line tube at Earls Court. Bow is a 15 min walk from the tube, but the Central Line is far more reliable.

By car then Bow is far easier to park. You can't park in Fulham before 8:00 unless you are a resident.

Fulham is busier. It has been going for years and has a lot of good regular dancers. This also means it can occasionally get far too busy to dance. Bow has only been going a few months, so doesn't have the same number of local dancers. It is friendlier though.

It depends what you want.

Ghost
3rd-April-2006, 08:27 PM
Fulham is busier. It has been going for years and has a lot of good regular dancers. This also means it can occasionally get far too busy to dance.
I've never been to Fulham - mainly due to this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148735&postcount=3) comment on a thread I started last September about defensive dancing on crowded floors.

Bow has only been going a few months, so doesn't have the same number of local dancers. It is friendlier though.
I do go to Bow though. It's like the Forum. I only meant to go once. Then twice. Now I seem to keep being there.......

Post here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7846) to see what you're potentially letting yourself in for :wink:

It depends what you want.
If it's proper research do both :clap: Either way hope you have fun :cheers:
Be Well,
Christopher

Lory
3rd-April-2006, 08:36 PM
You can't park in Fulham before 8:00 unless you are a resident.

On the few occasions i've been, i've managed to park in a car park in the shopping centre almost opposite :)

Missy D
3rd-April-2006, 08:44 PM
Muswell Hill - not been there yet but heard its very good

Fulham - not been there for a year now.

Bow - not been there yet but i do intend to one day

Bromley - Guess thats a bit far out for you.

St Albans - Only been on a wednesday.

I am sure wherever you go you will have a great time and probably bump into the odd forumite.

Dizzy
3rd-April-2006, 09:04 PM
I hope to go to Muswell Hill this thursday to finally see PaulF teach :clap: and Foxylady demo.

Paul F
3rd-April-2006, 09:21 PM
I hope to go to Muswell Hill this thursday to finally see PaulF teach :clap: and Foxylady demo.

Not this Thursday Im afraid :sad:

I am only doing the 13th this month unfortunately. Hope you can make it then. :flower:

Dizzy
3rd-April-2006, 09:25 PM

I am only doing the 13th this month unfortunately. Hope you can make it then. :flower:

:tears: oh, ok. will have go then.

Missy D
3rd-April-2006, 09:25 PM

*makes note in the diary*:D

Dan Hudson
3rd-April-2006, 09:56 PM
Come to Bow.. its a great night:worthy:

Not that I am biased:whistle: :innocent:

thewacko
3rd-April-2006, 10:37 PM
ignore the rest

Bow is best

friendlier, less crowded =more room to dance

nice food downstairs and roundabout in the same complex

Fantastic Beginner Teacher (eh Dan)
not to mention Russel and his intermediate class

Even Missy Dee is promising to come some day, so if you come you may entice more with you

oh and of course Me
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cruella
3rd-April-2006, 10:42 PM
ignore the rest

Bow is best

nice food downstairs and roundabout in the same complex

:
Theres a roundabout in the venue:confused: Does it make the rotating in class easier?:rolleyes:

Martini Babe
3rd-April-2006, 10:46 PM
Ooh a new venue! I may take a break from Fulham for one week and come along. Will see if i can persuade Laura my friend as she does all the driving.

stewart38
3rd-April-2006, 10:56 PM
Having completed my researches into central London venues on Tuesday (ISH) and Wednesday (Jive Bar) nights, I now turn my attention to Thursday!

There doesn't seem to be any central venues, so it looks like a trip to Fulham or Jongleurs. Fulham looks most accessible by tube, but Jongleurs might be possible?

Any recommendations :cheers:

Dave

Fulham ceroc just opposite the tube station cant miss. tends to be fairly good

SECRETSPY
4th-April-2006, 12:01 AM
ignore the rest

Bow is best

The wacko didn't even mention some of the gorgeous women who dance there

Rosie Posie; Waayaybird; Tazmanian Devil; GeorgiousDancer to name but 4

Eric on the Turn-table

Jive smoothly
Brian

WittyBird
4th-April-2006, 12:08 AM
St Albans - Only been on a wednesday.

It's not too shabby there!

I am sure wherever you go you will have a great time and probably bump into the odd forumite.

St Albans Is where I taxi, but not this week :cheers: This week I am going to try Muswell Hill :D

Ghost
4th-April-2006, 01:30 PM
Theres a roundabout in the venue:confused: Does it make the rotating in class easier?:rolleyes:
:rofl:
Roundabout, swings, seesaw - the full nine yards. See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217720&postcount=134)

Be Well,
Christopher

DaveD
4th-April-2006, 06:28 PM
Bow looks like a 10 minute walk from Mile End Tube - is that the best way on public transport?

Quite tempted by all the recommendations for Bow - Just have to get on the District line in the right direction at Westminster :wink:

Dave

Tazmanian Devil
5th-April-2006, 12:03 AM
Bow looks like a 10 minute walk from Mile End Tube - is that the best way on public transport?

Quite tempted by all the recommendations for Bow - Just have to get on the District line in the right direction at Westminster :wink:

Dave

Yes this is correct. When you Come out of Mile end station you turn left walk up the road, cross the road at the lights then follow Grove road down until you see Fitness first.
Go down the side of fitness first and you are there. :nice:
Map (http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=&location=E3&broaderLocation=&scrambleSeed=23895&companyName=Jongleurs&startAt=&mqs=&targetName=&M=1&T=1&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&filterKeywords=&searchType=classic&startOoaAt=&ooascrambleSeed=&ooa=&slscrambleSeed=)

Hope to see you there :clap:

Dan Hudson
5th-April-2006, 07:56 AM

Dave

yes its the best way. Come out of the station main entrance turn left. bout 50 metres to lights. turn right, into grove road. There will be a huge bus stop on the left. keep walking up that that road. past a petrol grage. (texaco i think). go past the ecology place on the left. over the next lights and the complex is on the left. look out for the big blue and white fitness first sign.
into complex under the arch and jongleurs will appear on your right!

Tazmanian Devil
5th-April-2006, 01:27 PM
yes its the best way. Come out of the station main entrance turn left. bout 50 metres to lights. turn right, into grove road. There will be a huge bus stop on the left. keep walking up that that road. past a petrol grage. (texaco i think). go past the ecology place on the left. over the next lights and the complex is on the left. look out for the big blue and white fitness first sign.
into complex under the arch and jongleurs will appear on your right!
OI!!!

I already said that :rolleyes:

thewacko
5th-April-2006, 09:41 PM
OI!!!

I already said that :rolleyes:

no you didn't you said

"Yes this is correct. When you Come out of Mile end station you turn left walk up the road, cross the road at the lights then follow Grove road down until you see Fitness first":
instead of

"yes its the best way. Come out of the station main entrance turn left. bout 50 metres to lights. turn right, into grove road. There will be a huge bus stop on the left. keep walking up that that road. past a petrol grage. (texaco i think). go past the ecology place on the left. over the next lights and the complex is on the left. look out for the big blue and white fitness first sign.
into complex under the arch and jongleurs will appear on your right!":
poor DaveD would have ended walking to whitechapel if he took your directions:eek:

Thankyou Ghost for bringing this post to my attention:cool:

Dance well and groove groovily
Brians mate

DaveD
5th-April-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for drawing this to my attention! I have printed out a Multimap of the route and armed with this and my trusted sense of direction I hope to see you at Jongleurs tomorrow.

If not, you'll know I'm heading for Whitechapel (wherever that is):confused:

Lost Dundonian

Rhythm King
6th-April-2006, 05:18 PM
If not, you'll know I'm heading for Whitechapel (wherever that is):confused:

Where's your sense of Victorian Melodrama? - That's where Jack The Gripper was from MwaHaHaHaHa!!

stewart38
6th-April-2006, 05:35 PM
Ill be at Fulham tonight with a forumite who has never posted :sad:

Can you be a forumite if you have never posted ?

stewart38
6th-April-2006, 05:38 PM
I've never been to Fulham - mainly due to this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148735&postcount=3) comment on a thread I started last September about defensive dancing on crowded floors.

I hope no one ever makes a decision on what just one person says :sad:

I use a cattle prod

Mary
6th-April-2006, 06:07 PM
Ahem. Uxbridge if pretty fab.:whistle: Plenty of parking, nice bar, good floor, and great people. :D

M

stewart38
7th-April-2006, 02:54 PM
Ill be at Fulham tonight with a forumite who has never posted :sad:

Can you be a forumite if you have never posted ?

Funny watching the teachers go through the intermediate moves twice as fast as the music , like a benny hill sketch with everyone trying to catch up

Dont people 'Listen' to the beat

Then watching the great Amir who danced to another set :worthy: