PDA

View Full Version : A Fond Farewell

RoyBoy
10th-March-2003, 07:34 PM
A fond farewell to all ma bonnie Scots Cerocin Divas

With bleary eyes I wiped the condensation (which had accumulated from the previous hot steamy night) from the window of ma ‘But and Ben’. I looked down the glen and was pleasantly surprised, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon - I always sleep late after a hard nights dancin. And what a night it was!! It had been a special night, my last before I left my beloved glen to make the long hike south to Manchester.
In the background I could hear the gurgle of the porridge simmering on the stove. Stirring the porridge I smiled smugly to myself as thoughts of dancing with those gorgeous Scots lassies flashed through my mind – aye it had been a good night right enough. Jees I’m gonnae miss you all.
After a hearty breakfast I slung my bag of tee shirts, and oxter spray, over my shoulder and started of down the glen, my sporran swaying jauntily from side to side - causing my wee pal to get a friction burn!!
As I wandered lonely/gaily as a cloud I began to think of that far off place ‘Manchester’, would I be accepted? Would the lassies be as tolerant? I’ve gotten used to getting away with murder up here. Being a wee baldy fella I’m not seen as a threat, so I take full advantage when I get ‘up close and sensual’ on the dance floor – all in the best possible taste you understand (hic). These and (pause; cheeky smile) other questions will be answered in the fullness of time.

So, to the melody of Oolio Inglasses (lyrics supplied by RoyBoy). ‘To all the Scots lassies I’ve danced with (hugged/ cuddled/ caressed/ performed my hip move with) before’- a fond farewell.

SING
‘For I’m no awa a tae ae bide awa, for I’m no awa tae leave ye, for I’m no awa tae bide awa, I’ll probably be back tae see ye’.

Hello Manchester

Gus
10th-March-2003, 07:39 PM
Well ... it has to be said that Scotland's loss is surely Machester's gain. Let us know where you area based and I'm sure we can put you in touch with loads of dancing ... and I'd be glad to see you frequent my own humble venue at Middlewich once you get settled.:waycool:

RoyBoy
10th-March-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks Gus. Im due to start with a company in Trafford Park next Monday. Currently trying to sort accommodation etc. So will be sniffing out the venues. Look forward to visiting yours and learning some of those cool moves.

Heather
10th-March-2003, 10:20 PM
:tears: :tears: .......The Lovely Roy!!!!! We're missing you already,
The Lovely Sheena and I will have to hatch a plan to kidnap you and get you back up here!!!! Marco's won't be the same without you. :sick: Take care and all the Best:wink:
:kiss:
The Lovely Heather
XXXXX

RoyBoy
10th-March-2003, 10:55 PM
Well arn't we just a LOVELY bunch up here. Going to have to be careful with the liberal use of that word Heather (I'm supposed to be a macho hairy scotsman ye ken).
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

TheTramp
10th-March-2003, 10:55 PM
Roy

All the best mate. May you have happy times in Manchester....

Steve

Heather
11th-March-2003, 12:45 AM
:D :D
Macho, YES !! :wink:
:kiss:
Heather
XX

Dance Demon
11th-March-2003, 01:29 AM
All the best in your new job Roy...Hope you can get used to having mushy peas with your fish suppers, and washing it down wi' dandelion & burdock (Manchesters Irn Bru) Don't become a stranger. Best wishes from Irene too..
:cheers:

John S
11th-March-2003, 01:41 PM
All over Scotland I can hear the sound of female hearts breaking, and desperate calls to the National Train Enquiry Line for the price of tickets to Manchester (preferably one-way!)

Good luck, Roy - we'll miss you (but at least there will be more dances for the rest of us guys!!!)

But is Manchester really ready for this????

Graham
11th-March-2003, 01:50 PM
He says nothing on the forum all this time and then his first post is to say he's leaving!

I'm sure your fans will be hoping you start contributing a bit more often while you're in Manchester. Or maybe they'll just have to rely on Gus, Keith etc for second-hand tales of your exploits. :grin:

All the best!

Graham

Sandy
11th-March-2003, 04:29 PM
Bye Roy, sorry to see you go. Glad I managed to grab a dance with you on my trip to Glasgow (complete with sare heed!). Had no idea you were leaving to go down south or I would have stayed to have another drink!

All the best, you'll be missed:tears:

Sandy:wink:

Wendy
11th-March-2003, 07:41 PM
If only I'd known that that was our last dance... sigh... you'd have needed those 3 months in Manchester to recover !!! :wink:

All the best yummy Roy !!!

Wx

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2003, 08:12 PM
Well hi and bye Roy! :tears: :tears: At least we had Friday and Saturday :wink:

Will those lovely lasses in Manchester "sit" on command though?

Thanks for some fab dances babe!

(Now away to phone Gus and see if he would like any visitors..............soon:wink: )

Sheena xx

To all the girls in Manchester - he's better than chocolate :drool:

RoyBoy
12th-March-2003, 12:39 AM
Phew, when I first glanced at the photo I thaught that you had blown my cover John. But fortunately you caught me in disguise. So I can still go incognito in Mancunia. Thanks for the kind wishes all you gorgeous manifestations of the fairer SEX. But I'm not gone yet. I still have a few nights Vem Vetting left. Gird yer loins.:yum: