PDA

View Full Version : Tango TV Programme

JonD
27th-March-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

I just picked this up when doing a Google:

La Confiteria Ideal: The Tango Salon (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/music/features/tango_salon.shtml). BBC 4, 8th April, 11.05pm-12.20am and 12th April, 11pm-12.10am. I don't have a TV so I'll have to get someone to video it for me.

I've danced at Confiteria Ideal - it's a wonderful, slightly decaying, building with marble columns and a lovely marble floor. It isn't too popular in Buenos Aires because they charge tourists more than they charge locals (£3.50 rather than about £1.50 for the locals when we were there); there was a move to boycott it because of that. Julie and I turned up there one night when there was a party for a couple of old Tango maestros and had a brilliant time - there was a live band, demos by the maestros students and a wonderful atmosphere.

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi All,

I don't have a TV so I'll have to get someone to video it for me.

How are you going to watch the video then.:confused:

JonD
27th-March-2006, 12:54 PM
How are you going to watch the video then.
Hey, I'm a man - I hadn't got as far as working that out yet!

(Truth be known, Julie has TV, DVD & video)

philsmove
27th-March-2006, 12:54 PM
How are you going to watch the video then.:confused:
:rofl:

Even if he did it would be no use. Its not called Darkest Devon with out reason. They don’t even have electricity down there, let alone TV

anyhow the forum Milongueros will come down and stage a re-enactment :cheers:

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 01:06 PM
Don't get BBC 4.:tears:

Zebra Woman
27th-March-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't get BBC 4.:tears:

Hmm this looks interesting, thanks JonD.

I will record it for myself. I can easily make you a DVD and post it to you Lynn, if you PM me your home address.

Alison x

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 01:18 PM
I will record it for myself. I can easily make you a DVD and post it to you Lynn, if you PM me your home address. Thanks :hug:

You can do that? (I don't mean you personally ZW...)

I really need to learn this new tech stuff.:blush: (And get digital TV... and broadband...)

*Heads off to Geeks Corner to see if she can learn anything*

Zebra Woman
27th-March-2006, 01:45 PM

You can do that? (I don't mean you personally ZW...)

I really need to learn this new tech stuff.:blush: (And get digital TV... and broadband...)

*Heads off to Geeks Corner to see if she can learn anything*

I have a Sony DVD recorder with a 180GB hard disc and built in freeview box. It even shows you whats on on the screen, and two button presses later - the program gets recorded, so easy. The really good stuff I transfer onto a DVD for keeps, so no sweat to do another copy for you Lynn.

ducasi
27th-March-2006, 02:58 PM
My magic box (a bit like ZW's Sony above) is trying hard to get sent for repair (it's that magic!) and if I get it back soon enough, I'll also try to persuade it to record these programmes. :)

Zebra Woman
27th-March-2006, 03:17 PM
My magic box (a bit like ZW's Sony above) is trying hard to get sent for repair (it's that magic!) and if I get it back soon enough, I'll also try to persuade it to record these programmes. :)

Always got a copy for you too Ducasi if yours fails :flower: .

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 06:16 PM
I have a Sony DVD recorder with a 180GB hard disc and built in freeview box. It even shows you whats on on the screen, and two button presses later - the program gets recorded, so easy. The really good stuff I transfer onto a DVD for keeps, so no sweat to do another copy for you Lynn.Sounds good. My video recorder has stopped working and needs replaced anyway, sounds like I'd be better off investing in one of those instead.

ducasi
27th-March-2006, 06:41 PM
Sounds good. My video recorder has stopped working and needs replaced anyway, sounds like I'd be better off investing in one of those instead.
My best advice at the moment is – don't buy a Philips! But then I wouldn't recommend a Sony either as they tend to be overpriced. Maybe a Panasonic... :)

You could take a look here (http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=90) to see what sorts of problems folks are having, and which they prefer...

Thanks ZW for the offer... Hope I won't need it, though another day has passed during which they have failed to come and pick it up. :rolleyes:

philsmove
27th-March-2006, 07:04 PM
I’m looking at a new PC

Has anyone tried MS multimedia?
For recording TV

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 07:10 PM
You could take a look here (http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=90) to see what sorts of problems folks are having, and which they prefer... Thanks, it can go on my list of 'things to buy' when I start my new job. So I have time to shop around.

Lory
27th-March-2006, 08:44 PM
Anyone done the quiz (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/quiz.pl?QUIZDATA=question_79.dat&WEBSITE=bbcfour)yet? I got 6/10 and a couple were just lucky guesses! :blush:

ducasi
27th-March-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone done the quiz (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/quiz.pl?QUIZDATA=question_79.dat&WEBSITE=bbcfour)yet? I got 6/10 and a couple were just lucky guesses! :blush:
I got 8 out of 10 – not bad for a guy who's never done a Tango step in his life. ;)

I admit that, like Lory, quite a few were lucky guesses. :o

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 10:03 PM
I got 8 out of 10:yeah: