PDA

View Full Version : We love Berko

Clive Long
26th-March-2006, 11:58 PM
Just felt moved to say what a great venue 'tis Berko.

Two rooms. Mixture of poppy and Latin (two cha-chas were spotted) played by Ian (Iain?) and Bluesy by Marc.

A lively but not "intense" atmosphere. Lovely way to finish off the weekend.

Thanks.

Clive

WittyBird
27th-March-2006, 12:07 AM
Have a look here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6990&highlight=berkhamsted)sweetie :flower:

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 12:08 AM
Funny, I was just talking about this venue with a friend on MSN today. How often is the blues room on?

And is Sun the only night or is there a week night too?

I've been there once on a Sun night, fab music from Marc :respect: (as always) - but I had felt a bit overwhelmed by the T-jive earlier and slightly anxious about a job interview the next morning so was being ultra shy and didn't get many dances. :( (Aside from when Witty literally dragged me over to a man :hug: ). Would love to go back when I'm more on form.

WittyBird
27th-March-2006, 12:12 AM
:( (Aside from when Witty literally dragged me over to a man :hug: ). Would love to go back when I'm more on form.

Who me?

I would never do that :rolleyes:
anyway Marc and Rach are booked for the next six months :clap: :clap: so its Every Sunday :cheers:

*providing the birth of his imminent baby doesn't get in the way :rofl: *

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 12:17 AM
Who me?

I would never do that :rolleyes: Naw, 'cos you're just as shy as me. :whistle:

anyway Marc and Rach are booked for the next six months :clap: :clap: so its Every Sunday :cheers:
Great, I should be over sometime in the next few months so I'll try and get along.

WittyBird
27th-March-2006, 12:18 AM
Naw, 'cos you're just as shy as me. :whistle:

I am so shy, there is no one as timid as I am :D

dancebabe
2nd-April-2006, 01:20 PM
Have just discovered this fourm, you've all been talking about Storm, and I've missed the gossip.:confused:

Found this Berko link, bizarre that a "national" forum should talk about my local. Am new to Blues and trying to master it - but also need lots of work on my Ceroc,major dilemma.

Am doing Berko tonight (2nd April) for Howard and Nicole, to worship at their Blues altar.

:respect:

WittyBird
2nd-April-2006, 03:34 PM
Am doing Berko tonight (2nd April) for Howard and Nicole, to worship at their Blues altar.

:respect:

I am possibly at Berko tonite, come say hello.
Next weekend however I am bringing Fletch and a few others along so come say hello :flower:

David Bailey
5th-March-2007, 10:55 AM
Just felt moved to say what a great venue 'tis Berko.
Just feel moved to say :yeah:

It was very hot and crowded in the main room last night, but I still had fun - even without Marc (:eek: ) DJ-ing in the Blues room, it was still great music.

:clap: to Latin Ian for playing a tango track, and :clap: to Rachel for letting me know the freestyle starts earlier now (nearly 2 hours dancing, rather than the 90 minutes, that makes a real difference).

Trouble
5th-March-2007, 12:40 PM
Just feel moved to say :yeah:

It was very hot and crowded in the main room last night, but I still had fun - even without Marc (:eek: ) DJ-ing in the Blues room, it was still great music.

Christ am i missing something. Whats fun about dancing on a hot and crowded dance floor. :what:

I hated Berko, have only been once and found it far too busy for its size. levels of dancing good though.

stewart38
5th-March-2007, 12:45 PM
Christ am i missing something. Whats fun about dancing on a hot and crowded dance floor. :what:

I hated Berko, have only been once and found it far too busy for its size. levels of dancing good though.

Ill drag you back

never heard you complain about getting hot and sweaty with a dance partner ??

Trouble
5th-March-2007, 12:48 PM
Ill drag you back

never heard you complain about getting hot and sweaty with a dance partner ??

hot and sweaty i love as you well know... :devil:

its the being trodden on and shoved about. :sad:

David Bailey
5th-March-2007, 12:50 PM
Depends who you're dancing with I guess. I'll put up with a lot for the right dance to the right music :)

The Blues Room is not hot and crowded, however.

It's also (I think) quite a friendly venue, at least it seemed so to me.

Trouble
5th-March-2007, 02:26 PM
It's also (I think) quite a friendly venue, at least it seemed so to me.

yes it is a freindly venue but most venues are (with the obvious exceptions that try to pretend they are friendly but are just not)

Trying to dance on a floor as crowded as Berko was the last time i went is never good and it can actually ruin a lovely dance with somebody lovely.

The blues room is not hot and sweat DJ - blimey you must have had some tame dances, i was very hot and sweaty last time i went :wink:

David Bailey
5th-March-2007, 08:36 PM
Trying to dance on a floor as crowded as Berko was the last time i went is never good and it can actually ruin a lovely dance with somebody lovely.
I look at it as an opportunity to play Frogger :grin: (c. MH)

The blues room is not hot and sweat DJ - blimey you must have had some tame dances, i was very hot and sweaty last time i went :wink:
Well, what can I say, I'm just Mr Tame-Man. :sad:

Spin dryer
6th-March-2007, 01:14 AM
Berko is by far the friendliest venue I've encountered. Or maybe it just seems that way because there are so many women!

Missy D
7th-March-2007, 09:11 AM
I shall be at Berko this week as its Lucy Lockets birthday:clap: Hope some of you can make it:cheers:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 09:24 AM
I shall be at Berko this week as its Lucy Lockets birthday:clap: Hope some of you can make it:cheers:
:eek: Who are you again? :wink: :na:

Missy D
7th-March-2007, 09:27 AM
:eek: Who are you again? :wink: :na:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A lovely forumite that has recently discovered salsa ssssssshhhh!!

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 09:36 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A lovely forumite that has recently discovered salsa ssssssshhhh!!
Yeah right, you salsa hustler you - I must have imagined seeing you downstairs at Ealing 4 years ago then, huh?

Where are you going now then?

Missy D
7th-March-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah right, you salsa hustler you - I must have imagined seeing you downstairs at Ealing 4 years ago then, huh?

Where are you going now then?

Oi matey i had 2 lessons there and hated the music so much at the time that i never went again.

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 10:00 AM
Oi matey i had 2 lessons there and hated the music so much at the time that i never went again.

You should try salsa at Berko on Fridays - they're a really friendly crowd there.

Hmmm, it must be something in the water there... :what:

Gav
7th-March-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not too keen on the work of photographer Ferenc Berko (http://hoodmuseum.dartmouth.edu/exhibitions/previous/berko/berko.html), myself. Much prefer the photographic art of Gavin Ireland (http://www.gavinireland.com), funnily enough! :wink: :D

Marc Forster
7th-March-2007, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=DavidJames;348533]Just feel moved to say :yeah:

The DJ in Question is remarkable. This would have been his first ever back room set and having never been to the venue before with only 3 days notice, has proved his worth.

It's only fair to point out that occasionally Chris French will play a track at Rugby on a Thursday. I play it the same weekend, therefore giving me the kudos of an exceptional find. Rachel owns several pairs of huge pants.

Conclusions
1. Rugby rocks
2. Chris is a generous guy
3. I'm a fraud
4. Chris should (and will) be hitting the national scene sometime soon.
5. We need a longer washing line :whistle: .

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 11:55 AM
The DJ in Question is remarkable. This would have been his first ever back room set and having never been to the venue before with only 3 days notice, has proved his worth.
Yes, he was good - Chris French, huh?

I didn't think I recognised him, but then I usually don't recognise myself...

Rachel
7th-March-2007, 02:37 PM
Rachel owns several pairs of huge pants.Now I know why you were giggling down the phone!

Um, moderator, please - deviation, surely!

Everyone's going to want to know where to get huge pants now. And I so wanted to be unique .....

R.

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 02:41 PM
Everyone's going to want to know where to get huge pants now. And I so wanted to be unique .....
I can live without knowing it.

What are you two on about? :confused:

Rachel
7th-March-2007, 03:11 PM
I can live without knowing it.

What are you two on about? :confused:I have absolutely no idea ...

But yes, Chris French (regular Rugby dj, Ceroc Central) - we love him!

DavidY
9th-March-2007, 07:43 PM
But yes, Chris French (regular Rugby dj, Ceroc Central) - we love him!Never been to Berko, :yeah: I'm also in the Chris French fan club.