PDA

View Full Version : suggestion - reference threads

bigdjiver
24th-March-2006, 08:42 PM
Threads, for example whos-who post a pic, have a long term referennce usage for people wanting to see what forumites look like. I do not like to see them filled with chit-chat. It might be an a nice feature to have reference threads, probably with moderator assent, where there is an additional button for replies to a post. This would allow browsing through the pictures unimpeded, but allow diversion down the replies thread for those interested.

Frankie_4711
25th-March-2006, 12:19 PM
I like that idea. Being fairly new here, I'm still fumbling my way around, and it takes AGES scrolling through all the non-essentials to find the 'good stuff'!

ducasi
25th-March-2006, 12:30 PM
The way I've seen something like this work elsewhere is for the "reference" thread to be only added to by moderators, who will pull "good" posts over from the related "chit-chat" thread.

Down-sides are: extra work for moderators, and that it's not immediately possible to direct replies from one thread to another.

The other problem is that so many threads suffers from off-topic crap... We could end up with a lot of reference threads...

bigdjiver
25th-March-2006, 12:36 PM
...The other problem is that so many threads suffers from off-topic crap... We could end up with a lot of reference threads...You haf discovered my cunning plan ...