PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Relocation Relocation

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, this is a shot in the dark but as the saying goes - "you dont ask, you dont get"

I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who may be looking to relocate to the area, say between reading and woking - around wokingham (fairly flexible on this). Thats in Surrey/Berkshire by the way :grin:

I am looking to move out of my current rented place in Woking you see when I start my new work contract in Reading. I could just do the commute but I would prefer to just move.
Rather than rent by myself I was thinking about going for another house share thingy. However, rather than rent with a complete stranger I wondered if anyone knows of anyone who would like to relocate and share.
A less-strange stranger if you will :nice:

I could be setting myself up for a whole heap of trouble here but he who dares rodney ;)

Donna
24th-March-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, this is a shot in the dark but as the saying goes - "you dont ask, you dont get"

I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who may be looking to relocate to the area, say between reading and woking - around wokingham. Thats in Surrey/Berkshire by the way :grin:

I am looking to move out of my current rented place in Woking you see when I start my new work contract in Reading. I could just do the commute but I would prefer to just move.
Rather than rent by myself I was thinking about going for another house share thingy. However, rather than rent with a complete stranger I wondered if anyone knows of anyone who would like to relocate and share.
A less-strange stranger if you will :nice:

I could be setting myself up for a whole heap of trouble here but he who dares rodney ;)

Funny I was talking to Steve the other day about wanting to move down to London as i find it boring up here but he's lived in London for 10 years so is now settled up here. Thing is, it's very expensive (so best save up a bit more first!:wink: ) I think within the next two years....

Anyway the idea of sharing a place sounds a good idea. Hope you find somewhere to stay! Good luck!

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 04:50 PM
Funny I was talking to Steve the other day about wanting to move down to London as i find it boring up here but he's lived in London for 10 years so is now settled up here. Thing is, it's very expensive (so best save up a bit more first!:wink: ) I think within the next two years....

Anyway the idea of sharing a place sounds a good idea. Hope you find somewhere to stay! Good luck!

Thanks Donna :hug:

The price of housing is certainly expensive compared to up north. Well, some parts of up north anyway :nice: You have to pay for the priviledge of sitting in long queues :sick: As I am on my lonesome I cant really afford to buy myself a nice big house so renting is the only option. :rolleyes:

I just thought it would be nice to share with someone with at least similar interests to me. I had an idea of going round some of the local dance venues. When the teacher tells people to introduce themselves ladies might look at me funny when I say:
"Hi, my name's Paul. Would you like to live with me"

:grin:

robd
24th-March-2006, 09:54 PM
"Hi, my name's Paul. Would you like to live with me"

I don't think there are houses with enough rooms to accomodate all the women who would say yes, Paul :rolleyes:

ChrisU
24th-March-2006, 10:25 PM
I used to live in Bracknell (its sort of my home town 2 years old to 24 years old) but escaped to the North.

Advice - Do not go Bracknell. Its a cultural wilderness.

DJ Chris Uren :wink:

foxylady
24th-March-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think there are houses with enough rooms to accomodate all the women who would say yes, Paul :rolleyes:

and can you imagine the cat fighting that would go on - extrapolating from the stalking and fighting after Paul that goes on on the dance floor.... :wink:

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 10:43 PM

Ah, I long for the day I can have a harem :grin: Ladies fanning me with large fig leaves as I dictate forum posts for my forum vixens to type.....

....give me a minute.....

....*sigh*

I used to live in Bracknell (its sort of my home town 2 years old to 24 years old) but escaped to the North.

Advice - Do not go Bracknell. Its a cultural wilderness.

From forum vixens to Bracknell. What a climb down.

Good to know Bracknell isnt a beacon of tranquility. I was wondering what it is like.

On that point, just in case anybody isnt aware of it it I wanted to mention the acorn profile. Very valuable tool if you are looking to move. It is a description of an area and details things like interest in current affairs, houses with mortgages, number of kids, education level of your neighbours, what kind of papers they read etc.
If you go to www.upmystreet.com and type in a postcode then go to "My Neighbours" on the panel on the left you get the big profile. It's used by marketing people so they target all that lovely junk mail. :rolleyes:

Donna
27th-March-2006, 12:09 PM
and can you imagine the cat fighting that would go on - extrapolating from the stalking and fighting after Paul that goes on on the dance floor.... :wink:

:rofl: There's a way of solving that problem! Do a raffle! :rofl: