PDA

View Full Version : Changes at Monday-Lush

Amir
24th-March-2006, 01:02 PM
In case you did not already know...

For over a year two super heroes known as Kenobe and Divissima have been the organizational and musical force behind Monday Lush. They have brought you weeknight freestyle with flair at a time when many were floundering in the midst of mindless mediocrity.

What many people do not know, however, is that in day light hours this dynamic duo are the humble Toby and Claire, who assume these simple lifestyles so that they can lead normal lives among common folk.

But the time has come to hang up the colorful shirts and the neon light t-shirts, at least on Mondays, so they can focus their powers more effectively elsewhere. (funkylush)

But do not despair! From April Sheepman King of smooth and lover of blues will be on hand to keep the musical legacy alive!

Also, on the teaching side, Will and Kate have stopped on Mondays, and are off to Australia for four weeks to get sun tans and look at Kangaroos. (I will be teaching with Hayley in April and Kate will be back teaching with me straight after.)

So we are saying a sobby farewell to K & D and a huge yo and hello to the Sheepman, and a 'thanks for all the classes enjoy Australia to W & K this coming Monday the 27th.

Also, there is a competition for the 2nd most outrageous shirt.

see ya'll soon!

x
A

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 03:18 PM
A DJ of the calibre of TWK leaves and is replaced by another amazing DJ in the form of Mr. Sheepman!

Talk about an embarassment of riches :worthy:

Rhythm King
24th-March-2006, 03:30 PM
A DJ of the calibre of TWK leaves and is replaced by another amazing DJ in the form of Mr. Sheepman!

Talk about an embarassment of riches :worthy:
:yeah:

Can't wait til I can get out dancing again. :yum:

KatieR
24th-March-2006, 11:57 PM
Claire and Toby will be very much missed Im sure, but life takes us all these different journeys, and as I have learnt, we must learn to embrace change. Im sure that Monday Lush will go from strength to strength and wish Amir every success.

Long live Jango! (and Monday Lush, and Funky Lush.... *grin* )

Little Monkey
26th-March-2006, 07:03 PM
And I'm just wondering what the new name will be.....

In a very short time, it's gone from Jango to Monday Lush to Monkey Lush (I kinda like the latter......:whistle: )

So what will it be? The Monday Night Sheepy Appreciation Society?

Shunky Lush?

:rolleyes:

I guess from now on I shall have to let you guys keep the Sheepy on Mondays...... Good thing my Norwegian night classes are coming to an end, so I can now stay until Tuesday when I'm visiting your neck of the woods, and join in the fun, whatever the name will be! :clap:

Little Monkey
26th-March-2006, 10:51 PM
Shunky Lush?

Actually, that should possibly be Shunky Mush....

And before you ask, YES I'M BORED!

Now, what other ridiculous names could I come up with for the new Monday Night XXXXX???

Sheepman
28th-March-2006, 04:03 PM
Little Monkey liked my new suggest of 'Sheepy's Tush' for the new name last night :rolleyes:
OK, leaving my tush out of it, there have been a few suggestions for a new name for Monday night at Kent House, I think so far the most sensible has been Will's "New Zealand Lamb." :what:

Yes it will still be funky, it will still be luscious (the ladies there always are... :drool: and so is Amir when he wears Kate's clothes :whistle: )
So I've been trying to think of something that alliterates with smoooth, or Monday, or chilled, something that reflects the intimacy of the venue, the music and the dancing, something that's not a mouthful. And if it makes you melt, thinking "aaaaaaaaaah! that was gooood" then it'll do for me.

Hmmm, thinking of a cake theme here as well, maybe "Melting Moments?"

Any suggestions?
And any sensible suggestions? :rolleyes:

Greg

FirstMove
28th-March-2006, 04:15 PM
Flunky Blush

Lory
28th-March-2006, 04:21 PM
So I've been trying to think of something that alliterates with smoooth, or Monday, or chilled, something that reflects the intimacy of the venue, the music and the dancing, something that's not a mouthful. And if it makes you melt, thinking "aaaaaaaaaah! that was gooood" then it'll do for me.

The Monday Meltdown? :waycool:

Cruella
28th-March-2006, 04:48 PM
Mutton Monday

Little Monkey
28th-March-2006, 05:07 PM
OK, leaving my tush out of it,

Why?? I like your tush! :drool:

:D

Little Monkey
28th-March-2006, 05:08 PM

Ooooh, good one! I like it! :D

FirstMove
28th-March-2006, 05:29 PM
The Monday MintClown

Rhythm King
28th-March-2006, 05:34 PM
If Amir and Kate are teaching, how about...

Monday Night Jango! (Now with added Sheep, obviously)

spindr
28th-March-2006, 09:09 PM
"Pink in the middle (that's the way I like it)"
Rare and tender cuts from Greg with a touch of DJ mint sorcery :)

SpinDr

Msfab
4th-April-2006, 01:58 PM

Not sure what Monday nights at Kent house is now called, I do like lory's suggestion!

What a great Jango class with Amir and Hayley:clap:! And a big Congrats to the new (well not that new) DJ Sheepman Greg. And for all those of you that couldnt be bothered to come out to play lastnight you missed out on a Fab:drool: Cake with strawberries and cream from Sparkles. Hey ChrisA you think we didnt see you scoff 3 pieces of cake and then run (well not with his load) out the door :rolleyes:?

CJ
4th-April-2006, 02:01 PM
Possible new name?!?

Funk My Bush??

under par
4th-April-2006, 02:26 PM
Slushy Mush Monday.

Mellow Monday.

Monday Mourning.

Meritorious Merrymaking Monday

Manic Monday Mania, EWE know it makes cents.

Masterclass Monday with a glass ovine.

Sheepman
4th-April-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey ChrisA you think we didnt see you scoff 3 pieces of cake and then run
Don't worry Chris, we don't want the cake back now!
I had to go home and eat something healthy :eek:

I think we're homing in on a name, but thank you so much, Paul & CJ for your helpful suggestions. :rolleyes:
I favour just 2 syllables, more is too much of a mouthful, even for Chris...

Greg

Sparkles
4th-April-2006, 04:34 PM
Last night was really good - so well done to the new crew!
There was a really good atmosphere last night, lots of new faces plus some of the regulars (where were the rest of you?!), lots of new tracks and some old favourites - and that combination meant great dances all night :drool:.
The cake was a last-minute thing :blush:, just glad it turned out OK...
Looking forward to next week - hoping to see even more people there :cheers:.
S. x

wicked blue
4th-April-2006, 04:44 PM
Was thinking of you all last night - sounds like it was a good night - though i'd obviously have to have given a miss in the partaking of cake:sad:

Look forward to sampling the new style monday lush when back from San Fran :clap:

under par
5th-April-2006, 01:50 PM
mirth mingling monday

mindless monday mimicry

monday's mesmeric medley

meaningful mastery by monday martinet

Rhythm King
5th-April-2006, 04:32 PM
mirth mingling monday

mindless monday mimicry

monday's mesmeric medley

meaningful mastery by monday martinet

/\ Mad man mumbles, mindlessly?:na:

under par
5th-April-2006, 06:33 PM
/\ Mad man mumbles, mindlessly?:na:on Monday morning during the mayhem mmmmmmmmmmmm......:flower:

Baruch
9th-April-2006, 01:57 PM
Monday Mint Sauce?

Sheepman
10th-April-2006, 02:17 PM
I haven't heard about any cakes on the menu for tonight, but there will be melting moments, and Chris, I can guarantee you won't want 3 this week, they're not in the same league as Sparkles cakes! :tears:

Well, I am just a beginner.

Greg

Sparkles
10th-April-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow! Cakes and I haven't had to bake them myself! :clap:
This will be a treat!

... OK, everyone form and orderly queue behind me and Chris :devil:

Msfab
10th-April-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow! Cakes and I haven't had to bake them myself! :clap:
This will be a treat!

... OK, everyone form and orderly queue behind me and Chris :devil:

And Me!:innocent: Sheepman, I remember your lemon cake from a few months ago :drool:

Cruella
10th-April-2006, 09:39 PM
So is Monkey Lush on next week, on Bank holiday monday?

Rhythm King
11th-April-2006, 12:00 AM
So is Monkey Lush on next week, on Bank holiday monday?
No, but there is a tea jive on the Sunday.

Cruella
11th-April-2006, 12:46 AM
No, but there is a tea jive on the Sunday.
:tears: Thats no good i don't get back from Aberdeen till Monday. Perhaps if enough of us ask Amir he'll put it on, thats happened before.

Sparkles
11th-April-2006, 09:02 AM
The problem is that there's no DJ. Greg can't do it and no-one is free to cover. So unless you want to try and convince ZW (or maybe have a go yourself) I don't think you'll have much luck in convincing him. Sorry :sad:

Msfab
11th-April-2006, 09:13 AM
:tears: Thats no good i don't get back from Aberdeen till Monday. Perhaps if enough of us ask Amir he'll put it on, thats happened before.

Amir has no DJ - so unless you can supply the music - Monday is OFF!:tears:

tsh
11th-April-2006, 09:38 AM
Wow... So why didn't anyone tell me about this before? Exactly what I've been looking for - just a shame it's over an hour from home! No more venues with mindless pop music and dead end classes for me...

Almost didn't find it though. Had to wait till I saw someone carrying a shoe bag to follow!

Sean

Msfab
11th-April-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow... So why didn't anyone tell me about this before? Exactly what I've been looking for - just a shame it's over an hour from home! No more venues with mindless pop music and dead end classes for me...

Almost didn't find it though. Had to wait till I saw someone carrying a shoe bag to follow!

Sean

Glad you finally found it Sean. An hour is not too long to get to a nice venue that plays the best music and a great class with Amir.

See you next time:cheers:

Cruella
11th-April-2006, 01:04 PM
Amir has no DJ - so unless you can supply the music - Monday is OFF!:tears: It wouldn't hurt for one week to just slap on some CDs surely. I'm sure if we all bought a cd each we'd have plenty to keep us going. Not sure about equipment though.
I presume Marcs been asked?

Mary
11th-April-2006, 06:29 PM
Annette, who DJ's at Twyford on a Friday plays some pretty cool sets :whistle:

Even if she were free, willing and able, would she be allowed?:devil:

M

Msfab
11th-April-2006, 06:56 PM

Annette, who DJ's at Twyford on a Friday plays some pretty cool sets :whistle:

Even if she were free, willing and able, would she be allowed?:devil:

The man to ask is Amir - where is he when you need him?

Amir
11th-April-2006, 09:21 PM
It wouldn't hurt for one week to just slap on some CDs surely. I'm sure if we all bought a cd each we'd have plenty to keep us going. Not sure about equipment though.

Yo!

Its a bit far for Marc on a week night.

There are always people happy to dj, or stick a cd on. The problem is there is no equipment!

Paul F
11th-April-2006, 10:19 PM
Sean

Trust me. It is well worth the drive.

If you are bored with your local venues this is just what you need.

Little Monkey
12th-April-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm feeling a tad guilty now......

Sorry guys, I've kidnapped Sheepy and am keeping him for a while! :devil: Well, at least for a week (not long enough!:tears: ), so it's only going to be one Monday without Monday Meltdown...... Until next time I kidnap him, that is!:devil:

So, if anyone wants to catch Sheepy's smoooth grooves, you'll just have to come to Aberdeen this Friday!:na:

LM

Cruella
12th-April-2006, 11:48 AM
So, if anyone wants to catch Sheepy's smoooth grooves, you'll just have to come to Aberdeen this Friday!:na:

LM
I am :clap: See Greg, i'll go a long way to hear you DJ. :flower:

Sheepman
12th-April-2006, 12:16 PM
i'll go a long way to hear you DJ. :flower: :flower:
No pressure at all then! :whistle:

There will be occasions when I'm away, I'm even going on holiday this year! But hopefully Toby can guest for those nights, though he isn't available for Easter Monday :tears:

Greg

Sheepman
26th-April-2006, 04:32 PM
Have we set a precedent, after no Meltdown last Easter Monday? Questions have been asked. And the answer is that it's not habit forming. :eek:
We intend to be there each week, regardless of the holidays, so of course we'll be there on Mayday, anyone for a workers theme?
And do workers get cake?

Any gratuitous narcissitic displays of fresh champs trophies will be welcomed!

Greg

Msfab
26th-April-2006, 05:13 PM
We intend to be there each week, regardless of the holidays, so of course we'll be there on Mayday, anyone for a workers theme?

How about do a bit of a dance round a maypole, with ribbons etc?

Rhythm King
26th-April-2006, 05:35 PM
How about do a bit of a dance round a maypole, with ribbons etc?
Careful - you'll get accused of exploitation!:wink:

Sparkles
26th-April-2006, 07:18 PM
Anyone starts morris dancing and I'm leaving!

Baruch
26th-April-2006, 07:19 PM
What's Morris ever done to you? :nice:

TheTramp
26th-April-2006, 08:34 PM

Okie boys. Handkerchiefs at the ready now....

Msfab
27th-April-2006, 08:16 AM

Surely you can put up with it for 1 day in the year?

Sparkles
27th-April-2006, 08:59 AM
Surely you can put up with it for 1 day in the year?
You've seen morris dancing, right? :eek:

Msfab
27th-April-2006, 09:20 AM
You've seen morris dancing, right? :eek:

Yes, Sparkles
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/video/blue.htm
http://www.kickback.btinternet.co.uk/Adderbury.Morris/Video/Log.html

It looks like fun :innocent:

Our CEO is a Morris dancer!:rolleyes:

Gus
27th-April-2006, 10:30 AM
Our CEO is a Morris dancer!:rolleyes:He employs violent penguins AND he's a Morris dancer? ... Remind me to sell my shares in your company:tears:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-April-2006, 11:27 AM
aha MsFabPenguin a morris dancing sympathiser, that explains everything :)

Msfab
27th-April-2006, 11:35 AM
aha MsFabPenguin a morris dancing sympathiser, that explains everything :)

What exactly?:confused:

Feelingpink
27th-April-2006, 11:49 AM
What exactly?:confused:Your current avatar, for a start :what:

Msfab
27th-April-2006, 12:04 PM
Your current avatar, for a start :what:

Theres nothing Morris dancer like about my Penguin Avatar:confused:

Sparkles
27th-April-2006, 02:19 PM
Theres nothing Morris dancer like about my Penguin Avatar:confused:
Ah ha! So you haven't ever seen morris dancing! :yum:

Sheepman
27th-April-2006, 03:26 PM
We intend to be there each week, regardless of the holidays, Before some pedant picks it up, I thought I should mention we probably won't be there on Monday 25th December this year, but I only said probably.

I did think about the maypole, but funnily enough, they're really hard to get hold of on the 1st May. :confused:

Greg

Rhythm King
27th-April-2006, 03:49 PM
I did think about the maypole, but funnily enough, they're really hard to get hold of on the 1st May. :confused:

Greg

No other sort of pole dancing then? :whistle:

What other themes could one have for "Mayday" - parachutes and lifejackets perhaps?

And I'm sorry Msfab, but you can almost hear the little bells jingling, as your current avatar dances.

Msfab
27th-April-2006, 04:37 PM
And I'm sorry Msfab, but you can almost hear the little bells jingling, as your current avatar dances.
Are you really Sorry, RK? no didnt think so:whistle:

As for the penguin hes trying really hard to play a horn - whats that got to do with morris dancing?

spindr
28th-April-2006, 01:29 AM
Surely as a fertility rite you should be able to improvise without the purely symbolic accoutrements :)

Rhythm King
28th-April-2006, 08:48 AM
As for the penguin hes trying really hard to play a horn - whats that got to do with morris dancing?

Surely as a fertility rite you should be able to improvise without the purely symbolic accoutrements

There's a connection here somewhere....

Sheepman
28th-April-2006, 11:27 AM
Surely as a fertility rite you should be able to improvise without the purely symbolic accoutrements :)
Are you saying I should bring my horn on Monday?
I'd rather not, as it died many years ago, and plays lots of bum notes, it hasn't been polished for years, and I'm not sure that there is room in the car for it.

:innocent:

Greg

Sheepman
8th-May-2006, 04:31 PM
Just back from an unusually exhausting Camber, but in case anyone is worried, I can confirm there will be cake tonight, it may be, erm, rather interesting though. :what:

Right, off to sleep now...

Greg

Msfab
8th-May-2006, 05:00 PM
Just back from an unusually exhausting Camber, but in case anyone is worried, I can confirm there will be cake tonight, it may be, erm, rather interesting though. :what:

Just try and stop me! After a rather disappointing camber Im in need of some dance therapy at the meltdown! Plus with the promise of Cake who wouldnt be there:rolleyes:

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 07:18 PM
Just try and stop me! After a rather disappointing camber Im in need of some dance therapy at the meltdown!

You never mentioned you were having a bad time hun :whistle:
But I'm glad I didn't disappoint you :rofl:

Msfab
9th-May-2006, 10:31 AM
But I'm glad I didn't disappoint you :rofl:

You were a lady throughout the weekend!:whistle:

under par
15th-May-2006, 10:59 AM
After a long period of non attendace due to injury and work commitments :sad: we are going to Monday Blush tonight:yeah:

Who will we see there tonight?

See you all there:hug:

Hope I can remember how to do it!:whistle:

DavidB
15th-May-2006, 11:46 AM
As I managed to twist my ankle again on Saturday, I'm not dancing for a while. Hope you all have a good time.

Msfab
15th-May-2006, 12:13 PM
Hope I can remember how to do it!:whistle:Its like riding a bike:rolleyes:

Are there any takers on doing a bit of Djing tonight?

Monday Meltdown Wants You! Your big chance, the moment you have been waiting for, the opportunity to emerge from the great unwashed as the next DJ Hero, and unleash your greatest tracks, those ones you have kept buried and hidden just waiting for this moment to allow them to propel you into adulation, adultery and other meaningless alliterations, is finally here. If you think you have what it takes to win over the discerning and demanding crowd at Monday Meltdown, and you want a chance to prove your powers with a short set, email me at godisadj@jango.co.uk (http://by103fd.bay103.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?mailto=1&msg=E7BB2A6E-4EA6-4B55-B425-A07AAF987930&start=0&len=35261&src=&type=x&to=godisadj@jango.co.uk&cc=&bcc=&subject=&body=&curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&a=3deb56bb8134d5c05733cf52dcd325d8f1aa8a33d6f9dcfb 6ec1763f6b063d53)

Sheepman
15th-May-2006, 12:26 PM
After a long period of non attendace due to injury and work commitments :sad: we are going to Monday Blush tonight:yeah:
Should I be worried that you're trying to avoid me? :sad:

I shall be staying in tonight (in Dundee), manning the phone in case of any queries regarding the equipment, and getting very jealous...

It might give me a chance to find some new tracks for next week though! :nice:

Greg

tsh
16th-May-2006, 11:39 AM
This is a bit unlikely, but does anyone know of any classes in a similar sort of style that I can find in Nice. Flying back just for an evening's dancing is probably slightly OTT, but I'm not sure if I can cope with 6 months of no Jango...

Sean

Rhythm King
16th-May-2006, 12:47 PM
This is a bit unlikely, but does anyone know of any classes in a similar sort of style that I can find in Nice. Flying back just for an evening's dancing is probably slightly OTT, but I'm not sure if I can cope with 6 months of no Jango...

Sean

Lee Easton regularly flies all over Europe teaching. I'm sure Amir would, for the right offer. If not there's always the Jango DVD (Vol 2 due soon), or perhaps just come back for the weekenders when he's teaching, Beach Ballroom, for example*. There is, of course, Ceroc in Marseilles you could PM isa and ask her, or check out here (http://www.cerocfrance.com).

* Or even Beach Boogie

JonD
17th-May-2006, 11:08 AM
does anyone know of any classes in a similar sort of style that I can find in Nice
This sounds like a great time to take up AT! (How did you guess I was going to say that?)

If that might be of interest, this site (http://www.letempsdutango.com/ass_f.htm) lists AT classes in France - I haven't looked at all the ones in the Alpes Maritimes but there's at least one in Nice.

Sheepman
17th-May-2006, 11:18 AM
At the risk of spoiling this tangent, is anyone going to tell me how it was last Monday? And were all the crowds there because they knew I wouldn't be DJing? :sad:

Greg

under par
17th-May-2006, 11:32 AM
Sheepy come back.:yeah:

Amir was playing some challenging stuff and we had a great nights dancing:respect: but he managed to terminate 3 tracks prematurely by a long way.

Probably unforseen technical difficulties.:whistle:

Too many ladies not enough men at a rather crowded Monday Meltdown.

Several ladies spent most of the night leading.

Come on men why aren't you coming along to this splendid Monday evening event where there are so many great lady followers and the musics great too.

Will
17th-May-2006, 12:00 PM
After a successful operation (which unfortunately meant that he was not at last Mondays Lush), Sheepman is now a lady and from next Monday will be known as "Sheepwoman".

under par
17th-May-2006, 12:03 PM
Sheepman is now a lady and from next Monday will be known as "Sheepwoman".

And answers to "hey you!"

Sparkles
17th-May-2006, 02:28 PM
Monday night was really good, even though I was completely shattered.

I spent more than half the evening dancing as a man - which I thoroughly enjoyed - thank you to all my lovely partners, especially Mrs UP and Puddy Tat who were a brilliant double-trouble combination :worthy:.

I did challenge Amir's decision to play ABBA (yes, you heard me right, ABBA - at Monday Lush :eek: - Toby'll have something to say about that :wink: ) - but he informed me that it's actually a really good track to dance to (I wouldn't know as I didn't have a partner :( ).

There was no cake! I was far too tired to make any, and the Scots left only crumbs from the weekend... hopefully normal cake-service will be resumed next week :flower:.

There were many new faces which was brilliant to see, the class looked very interesting...
... and Kate's shoes were just the best! :respect:

Little Monkey
17th-May-2006, 06:56 PM
After a successful operation (which unfortunately meant that he was not at last Mondays Lush), Sheepman is now a lady and from next Monday will be known as "Sheepwoman".

Uh???

Is there something I should know?:confused:

He was most definitely male last time I checked, but maybe he nipped up to the hospital at lunchtime to get his tackle snipped off?!?:eek:

Confused and Worried Little Monkey

Puddy Tat
17th-May-2006, 09:45 PM
Really enjoyed Monday Lush and particularly double trouble with Sparkles and Mrs UP, thank you both!!! :flower:

Music was challenging but good fun and class was great. :clap:

Only things missing: Sheepman, cake and not enough leaders :sad:

Look forward to doing it all again next week :kiss:

Limpy Tink
17th-May-2006, 10:30 PM
... and Kate's shoes were just the best! :respect:

I'll 2nd that! :yeah:

I too had a fab night :D , it was great to see new faces (but I would agree - a few more good men needed) Big :respect: to MsFab & Sparkles for leading us followers so brilliantly to even up the balance a bit. :worthy:

... particularly double trouble with Sparkles and Mrs UP, thank you both!!!

Was I really there??? how did I not notice that!:blush:

Amir....:respect: (great class) but come back Greg - we def missed you. :flower:

Chris A (:flower: Jane pending...) Thank you. :hug:

robd
18th-May-2006, 08:03 AM
Given a few of the comments about Monday's music perhaps there should be a mirror thread to this one (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7619) titled 'Should dancers know how to DJ?' :grin:

Msfab
18th-May-2006, 04:30 PM
I did challenge Amir's decision to play ABBA (yes, you heard me right, ABBA - at Monday Lush :eek: - Toby'll have something to say about that :wink: ) - but he informed me that it's actually a really good track to dance to (I wouldn't know as I didn't have a partner :( ).

I had the pleasure of dancing with MrsUP to that ABBA tune - Every so often she burst into song:rolleyes:
I quite liked the version of the song - not sure who its by though.

Amir did play some very dodgy stuff :sick:, but it cant have been that bad as people were still 'dancing' to it!

Amir
22nd-May-2006, 10:42 AM
Given a few of the comments about Monday's music perhaps there should be a mirror thread to this one (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7619) titled 'Should dancers know how to DJ?' :grin:

Or perhaps 'should dancers know how to dance'? Ha ha.

Anyway, Greg is back on the decks tonight, so no abba or Sergio Mendez probably.

But am well excited about the planned class for tonight: some beautiful arm styling for the ladies from hustle, a clever leg trick for the men including a gancho, (which will be the first time I have taught men to do a gancho in Jango) and we'll cover the west manhattan and rotating manhattan. a lot to cover, so don't be late!

I promise to demo the class before we start and to dance with all the followers who participate in the class, just to keep all the forumites happy.

In all other regards I intend to remain unashamedly unprofessional.

x
A

ps time permiting I will also explain a little bit about counting music, so more people can dance to 'dodgy music'!

Msfab
22nd-May-2006, 10:55 AM
I promise to demo the class before we start and to dance with all the followers who participate in the class, just to keep all the forumites happy.

And what about the leads, what can they look forward to?:cool:

Amir
22nd-May-2006, 01:17 PM
And what about the leads, what can they look forward to?:cool:

cool moves. talented followers. cake. great music. cheap drinks. and your lovely company.

just the usual.

Msfab
22nd-May-2006, 01:26 PM
cool moves. talented followers. cake. great music. cheap drinks. and your lovely company.

just the usual.

Cake:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sheepman
23rd-May-2006, 02:00 AM
The cakes were fabulous, sorry, they still are, I was "forced" to clear up at the end. :yum:

I think a couple of people may have eaten too much cake, as I'm assuming they left their clothes behind as they no longer fitted! :wink:

If anyone wants them back, then please pm me. I'll bring them along anyway next week.

Greg

under par
23rd-May-2006, 02:27 AM
The cakes were fabulous, sorry, they still are, I was "forced" to clear up at the end. :yum:

I think a couple of people may have eaten too much cake, as I'm assuming they left their clothes behind as they no longer fitted! :wink:

If anyone wants them back, then please pm me. I'll bring them along anyway next week.

Greg

Disappointed :sad: :sad: to have missed out again:sad: :sad: ...hope to try and be there on the bank holiday Monday if its on!!!

And definitely on Monday after Southport.:cheers: :cheers:

Msfab
23rd-May-2006, 08:51 AM
Disappointed :sad: :sad: to have missed out again:sad: :sad: ...hope to try and be there on the bank holiday Monday if its on!!!

Can I book dances for the bank holiday and the monday after southport?:innocent:

Dizzy
23rd-May-2006, 09:12 AM

I am gutted that I haven't had my dose of Jango in soooooo long!!!

Good news is that I will definitely come next week!!! YEAY!!! :clap: :clap:

Rhythm King
23rd-May-2006, 09:24 AM

I am gutted that I haven't had my dose of Jango in soooooo long!!!

Good news is that I will definitely come next week!!! YEAY!!! :clap: :clap:
:yeah:me too! :waycool:

under par
23rd-May-2006, 12:49 PM
Can I book dances for the bank holiday and the monday after southport?:innocent:
Yes! :eek:

TheTramp
23rd-May-2006, 12:53 PM
Me too. And the donkey has promised to come and dance with me!! :na:

Alice
23rd-May-2006, 07:01 PM

He he he... :devil: the power of the forum continues to increase. Mwa ha ha ha!!

The class was indeed quite spectacular- tricky but very cool. Now, just have to remember it so we can do it again!! :eek:

And lovely music- good to have you back Greg :hug:

Sheepman
23rd-May-2006, 09:01 PM
good to have you back Greg :hug:Thanks :flower: Maybe we can try the lesson sometime, it did look hard watching from the stage. I would have joined in, but there was already an extra man in the class. (Or was it a pseudo man :whistle: )

be there on the bank holiday Monday if its on!!! Yes, it's on!! Looking forward to seeing you & Mrs UP.

Greg

Msfab
24th-May-2006, 08:51 AM
(Or was it a pseudo man :whistle: )
Well, you could of played the pseudo woman:rolleyes:

KatieR
25th-May-2006, 09:18 AM
Well, Im not doing an MJ or Jango or anything at the moment, Adelaide sux, people here are horrible and nasty. So Ive quit... thats it, you heard right, I quit MJ.

Im still doing some tango classes and if I can get interstate and do some West Coast, but as for the rest of it.

People in Adelaide should start actually being half decent people, learn some damn respect and not treat others like dirt.

I miss Jango and everything it stands for... not to mention all the people there there that are really really wonderful.

CJ
25th-May-2006, 11:05 AM
People in Adelaide should start actually being half decent people, learn some damn respect and not treat others like dirt.

Adelaide, Australia???!??!??!???

Will never happen, luv...

Rhythm King
25th-May-2006, 11:49 PM

Mean people suck :angry:

I miss Jango and everything it stands for... not to mention all the people there there that are really really wonderful.
What about all all the people who are only wonderful, or only a bit bit wonderful, do you miss them too?

R-K x:flower:

spindr
26th-May-2006, 01:31 AM
Best of luck in Adelaide...
...if you get fed up have you thought of Erinsborough (http://www.erinsborough.com) (the folks there seem ok).

SpinDr

P.S. Are you likely to be gracing these shores anytime soon?

Feelingpink
26th-May-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, Im not doing an MJ or Jango or anything at the moment, Adelaide sux, people here are horrible and nasty. So Ive quit... thats it, you heard right, I quit MJ.

Im still doing some tango classes and if I can get interstate and do some West Coast, but as for the rest of it.

I miss Jango and everything it stands for... not to mention all the people there there that are really really wonderful.Oooh, bad day, week or month? (or year? :devil: ) Put together your own panto and don't invite the horrid people?

Rebecca
26th-May-2006, 01:49 PM

:yeah: I'm sorry to hear that Katie :flower:

KatieR
27th-May-2006, 07:58 AM
Adelaide, Australia???!??!??!???

Will never happen, luv...

Come see for yourself! Its all about who is better than who, and Im not showing you this Training dvd because you might just get better than me. The attitude from one main contender is that he is the best and no one could possibly be better. He will actually get nasty and sarcastic during class if you laugh!! HAH!!! Im screwed then!!

We have one person who has the worst case of hotshotitis Ive ever seen! Although he is really sneaky about it which makes it worse. He can even find a way to make anything someone elses fault, dance related or not... He has already got himself banned from a dance company in Sydney.

Dont anyone ever come to Adelaide, go to Sydney and see Ness, Robert, and all the guy over there, go to Melbourne and see Adrian and all the guys over there, but don't waste your time and come to Adelaide, the guys are all held back by the one who runs it, its self destructing because of one persons small and narrow mindedness.

Not to mention the music is CRAP! Ive tried, gosh knows Ive tried, but its all doof doof, top 40 rubbish that you couldn't dance well to in any situation! Unless I smuggle in contraband cd's and hijack the player, its all rubbish!

I wanna come home.

KatieR
27th-May-2006, 08:02 AM

What about all all the people who are only wonderful, or only a bit bit wonderful, do you miss them too?

R-K x:flower:

yeah, I miss everyone one, especially those who are only wonderful, or only a bit bit wonderful.
I miss everyone and everything. I miss seeing CJ heckle religious fanatics, I wanna get plastered and play Never Ever..... I miss going to a freestyle and actually having fun, I miss Greenwich parties, I miss all the different and wonderful people in the UK. I miss the cold! I miss going to Tesco's after work and cooking for Sparkles and anyone else that might like to eat my cuisine.

There is not one thing I dont miss about it. The crapness of Adelaide just makes me miss it even more.

I would move interstate but if I do want to come back to the UK I need to save money and Adelaide might be a hole, but its cheap.

Msfab
27th-May-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi Katie:hug:
This make very sad reading:(. The first 6 months of 2006 has been the worst for me too. But one thing I count myself lucky for is the dancing and the people at dancing. The thought of not having that - Oh sends shivers down spine! Remember Katie, its not forever! If the MJ dance scene is that bad overthere then I too wouldnt bother either. Thats what happened when I moved last year (not horrible people but I didnt enjoy it) - but i took up another 2 styles which kept me going. Are there another dance styles you could try with a nicer crowd, that would tide you over until your return?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

KatieR
27th-May-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Katie:hug:
This make very sad reading:(. The first 6 months of 2006 has been the worst for me too. But one thing I count myself lucky for is the dancing and the people at dancing. The thought of not having that - Oh sends shivers down spine! Remember Katie, its not forever! If the MJ dance scene is that bad overthere then I too wouldnt bother either. Thats what happened when I moved last year (not horrible people but I didnt enjoy it) - but i took up another 2 styles which kept me going. Are there another dance styles you could try with a nicer crowd, that would tide you over until your return?

Im doing the Tango 2 nights a week and their Milongas are good fun. Some nice people go to them. But I miss Jango. I wish I could do West Coast but no one teaches it is South Australia.

Im thinking of taking a few weekends straight and driving over to Melbourne and learning intensively with some of the guys over there, come back and just teach the basic steps in Adelaide.

Lory
27th-May-2006, 10:11 AM
The first 6 months of 2006 has been the worst for me too.
Thats far too pessimistic for my liking MsFab :devil: as we've only have 5 months so far :wink: so let's make sure the 6th one is fantastic and what better way to start it off, than a weekend at Southport!:waycool: :clap:

Chin up Katie, don't let the b******ds get you down!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Msfab
27th-May-2006, 10:25 AM
and what better way to start it off, than a weekend at Southport!:waycool: :clap:
Well thats the Plan!:yeah:

Chin up Katie, don't let the b******ds get you down!:hug: :hug: :hug:
Yes, they're not worth wasting your energy on!:yeah:

Mary
27th-May-2006, 11:20 AM
Katie have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

At least you can still talk to us and let off steam on the forum. If it's any consolation we miss you and your fun and humour as well.

You could always try entertaining yourself with these d***heads by excercising some English-style taking the p*ss that may go straight over their heads, but if you are nice and not mean with it (not that you would be mean I'm sure) maybe they might just thaw - on the other hand.....................Hey, rise above it - you are much better than they are, think magnanimous.

M

KatieR
27th-May-2006, 04:47 PM
Katie have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

At least you can still talk to us and let off steam on the forum. If it's any consolation we miss you and your fun and humour as well.

You could always try entertaining yourself with these d***heads by excercising some English-style taking the p*ss that may go straight over their heads, but if you are nice and not mean with it (not that you would be mean I'm sure) maybe they might just thaw - on the other hand.....................Hey, rise above it - you are much better than they are, think magnanimous.

M

Thanks Mary, still just wish I was there amongst all you wonderful people.

Ghost
27th-May-2006, 05:31 PM
Any chance of converting someone from your Tango classes to Jango - you could show them the moves. You could invite them around one a week to your place, play whatever music you want - there could even be chocolate involved :wink:

Anyway if you're only staying there so you can come back here then you need to keep going so you're all ready to come play with us when you return :hug:
:flower:
Christopher

KatieR
28th-May-2006, 06:01 AM
Any chance of converting someone from your Tango classes to Jango - you could show them the moves. You could invite them around one a week to your place, play whatever music you want - there could even be chocolate involved :wink:

Anyway if you're only staying there so you can come back here then you need to keep going so you're all ready to come play with us when you return :hug:
:flower:
Christopher

The thing with Tango people is they love their Tango and in its purest form. There may be one or two interested in something like Jango but they dont really like seeing it changed. If that makes sense.

adss
31st-May-2006, 06:54 AM
Come see for yourself! Its all about who is better than who,....

Really!!!!! Sounds like that someone might have a bad case of jelousey ..... then again I don't blame them, as you are a fantastic dancer and they might see you as a threat. This is really a narrow minded mentality on their/his behalf. I would have jumped at the chance to learn from your Tango/jango experience.

The positive in all this is that they have seen only half of your positive side - your dancing.

The fact is that you are also a great person ( the other half of your positive side) and it is because of this that you will "let it all go" and circulate the more fun aspects of your life (i.e. Tango)

.... go to Melbourne and see Adrian and all the guys over ...

Thank you. :hug:
Now please follow these steps and you're in for a treat:
1. Go to www.webjet.com.au and book yourself a cheap flight to Sydney
2. Go to www.cerocforum.com and let everyone know that you are coming and you are looking for accomodation (if you struggle for offers, then let me know and I might be able to help)
3. Pack your bags and (most importantly) your dance bags, and head for the airport.
4. Dance your socks off.
5. Return back to Adelaide and, having forgotten what got you mad in the first place, plan for your next trip to Melbourne :clap:

KatieR
31st-May-2006, 07:42 AM
Really!!!!! Sounds like that someone might have a bad case of jelousey ..... then again I don't blame them, as you are a fantastic dancer and they might see you as a threat. This is really a narrow minded mentality on their/his behalf. I would have jumped at the chance to learn from your Tango/jango experience.

The positive in all this is that they have seen only half of your positive side - your dancing.

The fact is that you are also a great person ( the other half of your positive side) and it is because of this that you will "let it all go" and circulate the more fun aspects of your life (i.e. Tango)

Have I told you lately that you are like my mostest favouritest person ever?

Thank you. :hug:
Now please follow these steps and you're in for a treat:
1. Go to www.webjet.com.au and book yourself a cheap flight to Sydney
2. Go to www.cerocforum.com and let everyone know that you are coming and you are looking for accomodation (if you struggle for offers, then let me know and I might be able to help)
3. Pack your bags and (most importantly) your dance bags, and head for the airport.
4. Dance your socks off.
5. Return back to Adelaide and, having forgotten what got you mad in the first place, plan for your next trip to Melbourne :clap:

Sounds like a good plan, although the funds are a wee bit tight at the minute which is causing no end of frustration. :mad:

jockey
31st-May-2006, 11:08 PM
Blue Monday

CJ
1st-June-2006, 10:16 AM

Ahh, but you are!!

Sheepman
1st-June-2006, 04:03 PM
A serious announcement! :really:

So as not to disappoint anyone on Monday, you should know that it will most likely be a "less fattening evening" (see, it's good for you.) There's no chance that I'll be baking, while en route from Southport, and I'm sure the same will apply to Sparkles.

So it could be a cake free evening...! :what:
I'll just have to come up with some phat tunes! :blush:

Greg

Sparkles
1st-June-2006, 04:05 PM
We can't let this happen!!!

No cake at Monday Meltdown?! :eek:

If no-one else can bake something I'll have to for-go sleep and try to bake something, but if someone else can (preferably someone who isn't going to Southport) that would be wonderful.... :flower:

S. xx

TheTramp
1st-June-2006, 04:16 PM
Could always *gasp* buy one!!!

I know it's not the same. But when are you planning on sleeping anyhow?

Let me know, and I'll pick one up from somewhere on Monday :D

Sheepman
1st-June-2006, 04:17 PM
What? You mean there are people not going to Southport?!!! :what:

(Sorry MissyD, didn't mean to rub it in! :blush: )

Greg

Sheepman
1st-June-2006, 04:20 PM
Could always *gasp* buy one!!! What's this? Talk of revolution!?

(Of course the thought had never crossed my mind. :whistle: )

Greg

TheTramp
1st-June-2006, 04:25 PM
Well. It's only a one-off....

And of course, I won't be eating any of it anyway. Being on a diet and all that... :rolleyes:

Tessalicious
2nd-June-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok, with all your talk of cake-less Monday Lush, I felt so sorry for you all that I've persuaded (I think) the Donkey to come on Monday and bring cake (as well as me and Trampy, hopefully).

Missy D
4th-June-2006, 09:31 PM
What? You mean there are people not going to Southport?!!! :what:

(Sorry MissyD, didn't mean to rub it in! :blush: )

Greg

Yeah thanks Greg:tears:

KatieR
5th-June-2006, 09:34 AM
Ahh, but you are!!

I am?? Where am I? I don't see me? ... Is that my evil twin out again... and how did she get to go back to London and Im still stuck here??

I hope I haven't been getting up to too much mischief while Ive been away. :what:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-June-2006, 09:37 AM
We can't let this happen!!!

No cake at Monday Meltdown?! :eek:

If no-one else can bake something I'll have to for-go sleep and try to bake something, but if someone else can (preferably someone who isn't going to Southport) that would be wonderful.... :flower:

S. xxA Banoffi Pie is on the cards. Leastways, I've bought the bananas.

Sparkles
5th-June-2006, 06:01 PM
:worthy: :worthy: My hero! :flower:

Missy D
5th-June-2006, 06:07 PM
A Banoffi Pie is on the cards. Leastways, I've bought the bananas.

Well if Banoffi pie is on offer then i am coming tonight!:yum:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-June-2006, 06:12 PM
Well if Banoffi pie is on offer then i am coming tonight!:yum:Or should I bring the Key Lime pie that's baking at the moment?

Or both?

And tomorrow, poor old 'slicious is going to be eating a whole white chocolate cheese cake, since I started making it then realised that I was following the wrong recipie. And it's far too late to un-cream the cream cheese and sugar now...

Mary
6th-June-2006, 12:09 AM
The Banoffi pie was to die for.:drool: Absolute perfection.

I guess I had a few pretty cool dances as well. :respect:

And the double trouble........................................mus t have looked pretty bizarre.:D :wink: but definately fun.:flower:

M

Missy D
6th-June-2006, 08:46 AM
A Banoffi Pie is on the cards. Leastways, I've bought the bananas.

OMG the Banoffi pie was the best i have ever had:drool:

I need the recipe or a cookery lesson please ESG:flower:

WittyBird
6th-June-2006, 08:59 AM
:yeah: Fat little birdie now :worthy:

Missy D
6th-June-2006, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=WittyBird]:yeah: Fat little birdie now :worthy:[/QU

Missy D
6th-June-2006, 09:06 AM
Gosh not sure what happened to my last post

Sparkles
6th-June-2006, 09:21 AM
Monday Meltdown has to be the ultimate antidote to PSB (post-Southport blues)!

Last night was absolutely brilliant!

Just a few of the highlights for me:
- dancing with brilliant leads and follows all night to fantastic music
- having two of the best lead-hijacking dances ever ( :worthy: to Tessalicious and Sharon (non-forumite) )
- The DJ playing my requested song (even though he hadn't heard it before) :flower:
- Double trouble as a follow (thank you for letting me join in :blush: )
- Double trouble (in every possible sense of the phrase :rolleyes: ) as a lead with ESG and Trampy
- a Cha Cha with Catriona :hug:
- banoffee pie (which I didn't have to bake!)
- and to finish off the evening, a beautiful waltz with ChrisA :drool:

... now someone tell me - where else could you find all that in one place?!

El Salsero Gringo
6th-June-2006, 09:26 AM

I need the recipe or a cookery lesson please ESG:flower:The recipe is here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=167183&postcount=16)...

One day, someone else will make it (please god!)

Sheepman
6th-June-2006, 01:00 PM
The Banoffi pie was to die for.:yum: Sorry there were no serviettes this time, I was a bit rushed & brian dead after the weekend, still, it was kinda fun getting all sticky, (and having to lick fingers...)

And the double trouble........................................mus t have looked pretty bizarre. No disagreement from me there! (For those that don't know, it was DT with Trampy, Amir, & Mary.

Someone said that there were 17 people there just back from Southport. Most of whom were still dancing past 4 a.m. in the morning nearly 250 miles away! Such dedication! :respect: :respect:

Greg

Dizzy
6th-June-2006, 01:10 PM
Someone said that there were 17 people there just back from Southport. Most of whom were still dancing past 4 a.m. in the morning nearly 250 miles away! Such dedication! :respect: :respect:

who?...........me?............addicted? Nah, never :whistle:

I really enjoyed last night, just the remedy to prolong the Southport feeling :D . The class was fab as always and I was able to manage the moves during the freestyle :clap:.

Personal highlights:
Watching Trampy and ESG dance together.
The Bannoffi Pie :drool:
Fab dances with UP, Sparkles and MsFab

All I need to do now is limit the Post Southport Blues effect - easier said than done!! :sick:

Sheepman
6th-June-2006, 04:43 PM
- The DJ playing my requested song Nice one. :clap: For anyone curious it was "Save Me" by Jem tweaked up a little to 96 bpm. It went down well & will deifinitely get played again!

Greg

Puddy Tat
6th-June-2006, 10:46 PM
Just a few of the highlights for me:
- dancing with brilliant leads and follows all night to fantastic music
- having two of the best lead-hijacking dances ever ( :worthy: to Tessalicious and Sharon (non-forumite) )

It was a fabulous evening - and I'm glad I managed to make it, despite my aching body and wrecked feet - Ouch! The perfect antidote to post-Southport blues, which sadly kicked in today when I was back at work :eek: !!

Banoffi pie was to die for :drool: , thank you ESG, I could've eaten it 'til I was sick!

You'll be happy to hear that non-forumite Sharon is now on the Forum as "Lotus" :hug:

Can't wait to see you all again soon. Twyford on Saturday anyone?

Love Puddy :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Mary
6th-June-2006, 11:46 PM

Love Puddy :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

You betcha. Couldn't miss a Twyford. :clap: :clap:

M

TheTramp
7th-June-2006, 09:19 AM
Had fun on Monday :D

Thanks to ESG and Mary/Amir for a couple of interesting dances, and all the ladies I had some lovely dances with.

Nice music Sheepy :flower:

Sparkles
7th-June-2006, 09:47 AM
You'll be happy to hear that non-forumite Sharon is now on the Forum as "Lotus" :hug:
I think we're referring to different Sharons :flower: , but it's nice to know that 'the other Sharon' is on the forum now :clap:

Dizzy
7th-June-2006, 10:04 AM
I think we're referring to different Sharons :flower: , but it's nice to know that 'the other Sharon' is on the forum now :clap:

I have to say that I got slightly confused for a while :confused: but glad to know that non-Mrs UP Sharon has decided to join the forum :clap:. Welcome Lotus :hug:

Msfab
7th-June-2006, 10:50 AM
It was a fabulous evening - and I'm glad I managed to make it, despite my aching body and wrecked feet - Ouch! The perfect antidote to post-Southport blues

Banoffi pie was to die for :drool: , thank you ESG, I could've eaten it 'til I was sick!
:yeah: What a fab evening dancing - I wasnt all with it but there was no way I wasnt going to make it! The tango palino (leg sweep thingy) I learnt at southport actually worked when I lead it on Kate H :eek: :clap: Thank you Kate for being a willing guinea pig:hug:

Try and stop me!:devil:

David Bailey
7th-June-2006, 11:03 AM
The tango palino (leg sweep thingy) I learnt at southport
It's called a planeo (http://tango.smoothouse.com/dance/Planeo) apparently. I'm going to practice it, but I think that the key points are:

The "go down" signal is subtle - i.e. not a push :)
When doing the circle, the man walks backwards (so to provide a solid lead). Also, the man must keep in close to the lady to ensure the lady can balance.
The "go back up" signal is also subtle; I think it's mainly a question of blocking the lady with a Sandwich-style step and then waiting for her to stand up, rather than yanking her back up.

It seems (to me) basically just an extension of the Carousel (http://tango.smoothouse.com/dance/Carousel) move, but more flashy and probably a bit more difficult.

Oops - sorry for talking about dancing, please go back to caketalk :whistle:

Msfab
7th-June-2006, 01:56 PM
It's called a planeo (http://tango.smoothouse.com/dance/Planeo) apparently. I'm going to practice it, but I think that the key points are:

It seems (to me) basically just an extension of the Carousel (http://tango.smoothouse.com/dance/Carousel) move, but more flashy and probably a bit more difficult.

Oops - sorry for talking about dancing, please go back to caketalk :whistle:

Thats the one, the Planeo! I thought it was more like gently lowering your (leads) frame, making sure the follower was weighted on the left foot and then raising the leads frame with the foot sandwich/block as you decribed. Feels great when it worked!
Not sure I know the Carousel:confused:

No, no, no cake and tango is all good:innocent:, but maybe not on this thread!

Rhythm King
7th-June-2006, 05:15 PM

I have to say that I got slightly confused for a while :confused: but glad to know that non-Mrs UP Sharon has decided to join the forum :clap:. Welcome Lotus :hug:
Which still leaves us with the other "other Sharon" who was dancing with Sparkles, who continues to be a non-forumite.

Puddy Tat
7th-June-2006, 06:41 PM
Thats the one, the Planeo! I thought it was more like gently lowering your (leads) frame, making sure the follower was weighted on the left foot and then raising the leads frame with the foot sandwich/block as you decribed. Feels great when it worked!
Not sure I know the Carousel:confused:

No, no, no cake and tango is all good:innocent:, but maybe not on this thread!

It feels great for the follower when it works too and you lead it beautifully Ms Fab :clap: :clap: Happy to be your guinea pig :flower: and will look forward to practicing more at Twyford, if you can make it. :kiss:

Rhythm King
18th-June-2006, 09:32 PM
Fresh from Southport, Sparkles leads ESG and Trampy, with Under Par and Dizzy in the background

Paul F
18th-June-2006, 10:05 PM
I hope lots of people will be there on the 3rd. I get an all-too-rare visit to Monday Lush then :clap:

Sparkles
19th-June-2006, 09:19 AM
I hope lots of people will be there on the 3rd. I get an all-too-rare visit to Monday Lush then :clap:
Any requests for cake?

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 09:40 AM
So is anyone going tonight? Need a really good dance but need to see if it's going to be worth the drive. ;)

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 09:41 AM
Any requests for cake?

Oooo! It will be the first time I have had cake at ML :nice:

I really dont mind. Im a veritable dyson when it comes to sweet goods. I can just about clean up anything :grin:

If I had to choose, maybe something with a rasberry conserve filling :drool:

:hug:

Sparkles
19th-June-2006, 09:43 AM
If I had to choose, maybe something with a rasberry conserve filling :drool:

:hug:
You'll make FoxyLady's day too then - raspberries are also her favourite!
I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and Cruella, I will be there tonight (of course :rolleyes: ) so if you come along please save me a dance or two :flower:

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 09:52 AM
I'll see what I can do.

:hug: :hug:

That would be fab.

foxylady
19th-June-2006, 09:53 AM

Oooh am having sticky fantasies now about me, Paul F, and raspberries (and whipped cream :devil: )

under par
19th-June-2006, 10:00 AM
So is anyone going tonight? Need a really good dance but need to see if it's going to be worth the drive. ;)
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: working again:sad: :sad: :sad:but raspberries:drool:

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 10:15 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: working again:sad: :sad: :sad:but raspberries:drool:

I think these are 2 seperate dates UP.
Cruella was talking about a different Monday I think.

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 10:18 AM
Oooh am having sticky fantasies now about me, Paul F, and raspberries (and whipped cream :devil: )

:grin:
Isnt it funny how sometimes you just dont know how to answer some posts

under par
19th-June-2006, 10:18 AM
I think these are 2 seperate dates UP.
Cruella was talking about a different Monday I think.

I was talking about tonight ... sorry:blush:

Rhythm King
19th-June-2006, 10:32 AM
I feel the camera's getting an outing again :wink:

Save me a dance please, Cruella :waycool:

Save me some cake please, Sparkles :yum:

Bring some ice cream, Sheepman :cheers:

Hmm, not asking for much am I? :blush:

Little Monkey
19th-June-2006, 11:00 AM

I'll be there!:clap: Just passing through, on my way from holiday in Norway and Sweden, before getting the train back to Dundee the following day.:(

Save me a dance, please, if I still remember how to dance by then!:rolleyes:

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 11:25 AM
I was talking about tonight ... sorry:blush:
So was I :flower:

DavidB
19th-June-2006, 11:34 AM
So is anyone going tonight?I won't be there. I'm going to the gym to see how my ankle copes with a bit of light exercise. If it survives, then I'm hoping to go to Funky Lush on Saturday.

under par
19th-June-2006, 11:38 AM
I won't be there. I'm going to the gym to see how my ankle copes with a bit of light exercise. If it survives, then I'm hoping to go to Funky Lush on Saturday.

Why the gym? Surely light excercise could be done at the bar!

Seriously though, hope it works out well:cheers:

Msfab
19th-June-2006, 12:19 PM
My plan is to be at the meltdown tonight!:clap:

Sheepman
19th-June-2006, 12:37 PM
So is anyone going tonight? I'll be there! :whistle:

I'm getting very confused though, over dates & cream, and fruit and...
I'm assuming raspberries will be on the 3rd July. As it's such a cold day today, no chance of ice cream tonight. But maybe I should make some cool enquiries to see if it could happen another time. :waycool:

Oh, that reminds me, there are now 2 pairs of sunglasses in the lost property!

Greg

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 12:38 PM
I'll be there!:clap: .......

Thats great news :clap: :clap: I will look forward to it :cheers:

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll be there! :whistle:

I'm getting very confused though, over dates & cream, and fruit and...
I'm assuming raspberries will be on the 3rd July.
Greg

Thats my fault I suspect :nice:

Cruella asked who was going tonight and I callously and selfishly changed the subject to ask if anyone was going on the 3rd :D I am SO bad :wink:

So, to recap, tonight sees the laughing Di-yena making a trip down to ML and the 3rd is when the kinky fruit-play happens :blush:

Sparkles
19th-June-2006, 12:43 PM
OK, the cake with raspberries will be on July 3rd for PaulF.

Cake tonight will be something spectacular (and completely unplanned :whistle: ), well worth a trip Cruella (and anyone else who is, as yet, undecided on whether or not to come)!

See you all later.
Hope your ankle is better soon, David, we miss you :flower:

KatieR
19th-June-2006, 01:10 PM
Fresh from Southport, Sparkles leads ESG and Trampy, with Under Par and Dizzy in the background

hey its sooo great to see pictures of everyone... i cant explain what it feels like seeing recent pictures of people, especially the lovely Sparkles.. Miss you heaps..

K
xx

Feelingpink
19th-June-2006, 01:22 PM
Isnt it funny how sometimes you just dont know how to answer some posts
:grin:There are times in this life when it's best just to keep your mouth closed. :wink:

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 01:44 PM
Thats my fault I suspect :nice:
Naturally!

Cruella asked who was going tonight and I callously and selfishly changed the subject to ask if anyone was going on the 3rd :D I am SO bad :wink: Yup!

So, to recap, tonight sees the laughing Di-yena making a trip down to ML and the 3rd is when the kinky fruit-play happens :blush:
Not a definate trip for me tonight, just a maybe.:grin: I think i might postpone so i can join in with this kinky, fruity, playing thing.:devil:

Mary
19th-June-2006, 01:48 PM
I won't be there. I'm going to the gym to see how my ankle copes with a bit of light exercise. If it survives, then I'm hoping to go to Funky Lush on Saturday.

Yesssss! (about Saturday that is) :clap:

I may have to bring something along on the 3rd - DavidB I hope you will be there, I expect a b'day dance young man.:devil:

M

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 04:06 PM
Not a definate trip for me tonight, just a maybe.:grin: I think i might postpone so i can join in with this kinky, fruity, playing thing.:devil:

It would great to see you on the 3rd. :hug: :hug:

Sheepman
19th-June-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe it's just for Cruella :whistle: but it's been brought to my attention that more clarification is required.
So...
Today is the 19th June, there will be cake (:flower: :flower: :worthy: to Sparkles).

Next Monday is the 26th June, I shall be searching through Scandinavia for more weird and wonderful music, there will be a fab guest DJ. All baking will be out of my hands.

Then in a fortnight it is the 3rd July (does that work for you Cruella?) There will be some fruity fantasy, a birthday celebration for Mary, dancing Monkeys, Sheep, and other animals if we're lucky...

Anyone still confused?

Greg

Little Monkey
19th-June-2006, 06:10 PM
Then in a fortnight it is the 3rd July (does that work for you Cruella?) There will be some fruity fantasy, a birthday celebration for Mary, dancing Monkeys, Sheep, and other animals if we're lucky...

Anyone still confused?

Greg

Yes, me!

Will there be several monkeys, or are you counting all my different personalities? :whistle:

foxylady
19th-June-2006, 08:35 PM
Then in a fortnight it is the 3rd July (does that work for you Cruella?) There will be some fruity fantasy.....

The fruit fantasy is all mine I say, all mine.... mwahahahahahahaha

Yliander
20th-June-2006, 12:37 AM
Maybe it's just for Cruella :whistle: but it's been brought to my attention that more clarification is required.
So...
Today is the 19th June, there will be cake (:flower: :flower: :worthy: to Sparkles).

Next Monday is the 26th June, I shall be searching through Scandinavia for more weird and wonderful music, there will be a fab guest DJ. All baking will be out of my hands.

Anyone still confused?

GregNot confused - just very jealous

Sheepman
20th-June-2006, 02:49 PM
are you counting all my different personalities? :whistle: I think that should be enough to keep all the regulars satisfied! :wink:

Greg

Rhythm King
20th-June-2006, 05:00 PM
Will there be several monkeys,

I think that should be enough to keep all the regulars satisfied!

What - with enough left over for the barbecue?:D :devil:

Little Monkey
20th-June-2006, 07:18 PM
What - with enough left over for the barbecue?:D :devil:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!:tears:

*Little Monkey makes mental note to pack the fire extinguisher*

CJ
23rd-June-2006, 09:54 AM
So, what fantasies are being covered on 26th?!?:whistle:

Msfab
23rd-June-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah baby - It was anounced on Monday that the Man himself - DJ Kenobe will be gracing the decks:clap: Watch out for some funky/bright shirts!:waycool:

Thank god Amir hasnt decided to try out his djing skills on us again!:whistle:

So, what fantasies are being covered on 26th?!?:whistle: I think those are the week after 3rd july?

CJ
25th-June-2006, 06:21 PM
Toby Wan...

You mind if I bring a tune?:worthy: or two:wink: :rolleyes:

Cruella
25th-June-2006, 06:28 PM
Toby Wan...

You mind if I bring a tune?:worthy: or two:wink: :rolleyes:
As long as it's Hazel O'Conners 'Will you' :drool:

under par
26th-June-2006, 01:32 AM
Sorry we won't be able to make 26th as we are working:tears:

Sparkles
26th-June-2006, 11:05 AM
So, what fantasies are being covered on 26th?!?:whistle:
... depends whether you like girls who dress up and serve cake or not... :whistle:

CJ
26th-June-2006, 01:38 PM
Am so pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have left without my CD!!:tears:

Can anyone bring Will You and/or Rock Me (Great White) for the Mighty Tobster's consideration??

Zebra Woman
26th-June-2006, 05:42 PM
Am so pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have left without my CD!!:tears:

Can anyone bring Will You and/or Rock Me (Great White) for the Mighty Tobster's consideration??

I am coming with Cruella, I will bring Will You, but I don't have Rock Me, sorry.

See you shortly CJ :hug: :grin:

ZW x

Rhythm King
27th-June-2006, 11:15 AM
Well what a fab night last night. Phat tunes were played, great cheesecake and chocolate cake was served, kilts were swirled, dresses were worn (almost), SF frotted, red knickers were displayed, visitor(s) turned up from Australia, and the Di-yena laughed at it all... loudly.

I'll post some photos later, meanwhile there's next week's fruit and cream fantasy to look forward to. Monday Meltdown? No - Monday Lush - not quite, Monday Splosh - definitely!!!!:wink:

R-K:flower:

Cruella
27th-June-2006, 12:20 PM
and the Di-yena laughed at it all... loudly.

:blush: That was all ZW's fault! Remind me never to do that move on her again! :eek:

Divissima
28th-June-2006, 09:15 AM
TwK and I found a pair of gentlemen's outdoor shoes left behind at the end of the night. Anyone missing their shoes, please let us know!

SilverFox
28th-June-2006, 09:35 AM
TwK and I found a pair of gentlemen's outdoor shoes left behind at the end of the night. At least you didn't find any Gentlemen's Grooming Lotion on your shoes.....:sick:

Rhythm King
28th-June-2006, 03:38 PM
At least you didn't find any Gentlemen's Grooming Lotion on your shoes.....:sick:
Not surprising really, after all TwK did tell us all you'd had the snip :eek:

Cruella
28th-June-2006, 04:00 PM
Not surprising really, after all TwK did tell us all you'd had the snip :eek:
:confused: He said Gentlemans!

Sheepman
24th-July-2006, 12:57 AM
I have been braving the summer heat & searching high and low, now we have more fans!!! I just hope there's somewhere to plug them in. :what:

And I'm advised that tomorrow's cake will include freshly picked fruit from Sparkles, as well as something yet to be revealed, by LM!

:yum: :yum:

Greg

under par
24th-July-2006, 03:21 AM
I have been braving the summer heat & searching high and low, now we have more fans!!! I just hope there's somewhere to plug them in. :what:

And I'm advised that tomorrow's cake will include freshly picked fruit from Sparkles, as well as something yet to be revealed, by LM!

:yum: :yum:

Greg

Sheepman some great tracks last night at another place.
:clap: :clap:
Sadly our dancing exploits are over for a few days due to that damned thing called "work".:sad:

Hope you all have a great night. Hope to see you next week:cheers:

Sparkles
31st-July-2006, 01:36 PM
I am sorry to announce that I will not be bringing cake to Monday meltdown tonight. :sad:

On the flip side all is not lost as Sheepman will be making some treats for us instead :clap:.

Looking forward to seeing you all later.
S. xx

Cruella
31st-July-2006, 02:33 PM
Can't make tonight, but i'm planning on coming down next week. So Sparkles, any chance of something moist and creamy?:D

Sheepman
31st-July-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes, very sticky moist & creamy cake is all prepared, and is relaxing in the fridge. (It's not very big, but then size isn't everything!) I'm sure that someone who is expert with a knife will produce enough slices, any volunteers? :eek:

Greg

Sparkles
31st-July-2006, 02:40 PM
Can't make tonight, but i'm planning on coming down next week. So Sparkles, any chance of something moist and creamy?:D

Sure - I hope I'll manage to satisfy you... and anyone else you care to bring along too :yum:

Dizzy
31st-July-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes, very sticky moist & creamy cake is all prepared, and is relaxing in the fridge. (It's not very big, but then size isn't everything!) I'm sure that someone who is expert with a knife will produce enough slices, any volunteers? :eek:

Greg

My mouth is watering already!! :yum:

I'll be there tonight - save me a slice Greg :flower:

Sheepman
31st-July-2006, 02:52 PM
Should I mention I'm planning a couple of new moist & creamy tracks tonight too? :blush:

robd
31st-July-2006, 03:35 PM
{Doors opening}

To take this thread upstairs please continue in vein of recent posts (and don't mention the beauty treatments available in Chiswick :D )

{/Doors closing}

Minnie M
31st-July-2006, 03:39 PM
Should I mention I'm planning a couple of new moist & creamy tracks tonight too? :blush:

Just lurved that one you played at Ashtead on Saturday (the one we had a dance to) - what was it called ??

Cruella
31st-July-2006, 05:49 PM
{Doors opening}

To take this thread upstairs please continue in vein of recent posts (and don't mention the beauty treatments available in Chiswick :D )

{/Doors closing}
Sparkles was the provider of the ingredients there too!

Sparkles
31st-July-2006, 07:15 PM
Sparkles was the provider of the ingredients there too!
Always happy to oblige :innocent:

Sheepman
1st-August-2006, 12:44 AM
Just lurved that one you played at Ashtead on Saturday Would that have been Cook Me? Quite early on in the evening.

Greg

Minnie M
1st-August-2006, 12:47 AM
Would that have been Cook Me? Quite early on in the evening.

Greg

Yes the fabby 'jive' dance :worthy: not the WCS - I have never heard it before but thought it was great :clap:

Cruella
7th-August-2006, 12:47 PM
Sure - I hope I'll manage to satisfy you... and anyone else you care to bring along too :yum:
So Sparkles, did you decide how you are going to satisfy us?

Sparkles
7th-August-2006, 12:52 PM
Have just posted on the 'Then and Now' thread...

Looks like it'll be Gypsy Tart for Cruella :rolleyes: (and I'd better get rep for putting my neck on the line with this one Missie, cos it sounds horrid) and chocolate cake (for everyone else!) :drool:.

robd
8th-August-2006, 02:53 PM
A few end of night pictures are now viewable at http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=556

Cruella
8th-August-2006, 03:40 PM
Pah, namby pamby speakers! No contest! :whistle:

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 07:24 PM
Reduced to a "Token Male" :rolleyes:

Sheepman
9th-August-2006, 02:34 AM
Pah, namby pamby speakers! No contest! :whistle: Is that a challenge? :really:
(They were unplugged at the time...)

Greg

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 08:49 AM
Is that a challenge? :really:
(They were unplugged at the time...)

Greg
You think it would make a difference if the speakers and I were turned on?

robd
9th-August-2006, 10:22 AM
Reduced to a "Token Male" :rolleyes:

Sorry R-K, nothing personal.

Did you ever see that episode of 'The Office' where he's taking pictures of the 2 interview candidates for a job? That kinda sums it up.

Sheepman
4th-September-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyone who hasn't seen the change of venue tonight should check out this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9511)

But just as important is the fact that our Master Baker (or dare I call her Mistress Baker? :whistle: ) Can't make it tonight, so it could be a very rare cake free night. :sad:

Still, the good news is, that gives you more time for dancing! :D

Greg

Paul F
4th-September-2006, 06:16 PM
But just as important is the fact that our Master Baker (or dare I call her Mistress Baker? :whistle: ) Can't make it tonight, so it could be a very rare cake free night. :sad:
Greg

But Im hoping Mistress Baker WILL be there a week today :confused: I hope so.

I may be a bit late due to other boogying commitments but i will be there. Cant wait :clap:

Freya
12th-September-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey Guy's I'm Sat at Sheepman's Computer he's very kindly letting me have my Forum Fix!!!! :hug:

Just Like to say A BIG BIG thankyou to all those Forumites that were at Jango tonight! I had a Fantastic time and some fabulous dances. It was nice a chilled night...Ok so the temperature was soaring for an Aberdonian like me but the atmosphere was chilled.

Dizzy great to finally meet you a lovely first dance of the evening.

Sparkles great Cake and a fantastic dance...your a great lead!

Rythm King Wow what a couple of dances! :drool: Looking forward to more this weekend.

Ghost Lots of playing and sabotage is good for the soul! :wink: Thankyou so much for putting up with me for the Day and letting me drag you round London.

Paul F, Chris A, roger chin Amazing dances looking forward to nabbing you some more at Southport.

And Last but not least NZ Monkey! Fab time laughing and dancing. You disappeared without saying goodbye tho! :sad:

Oh and Thanx to Sheepman for putting me up for the night!

Off to Eat some Blackberry ice-cream :drool:

Paul F
12th-September-2006, 07:26 AM
Wow.

I had an absolutely fab night too.

Yesterday was a real hard slog at work. I left feeling totally exhausted. I then went on to my latin lesson which turned me into a drooling vegetable.
I had promised to go up to Jango so I thought I had better honour it and turn up although I really wasn't up to dancing AT ALL :sad:

Suddenly things turned around. It was like turning on a light switch. I went from pretty downbeat to really happy.

Why?

It was all down to Sheepy's music and some amazing dances. :worthy:

On the way home I tried to sum up why it seems to just be Jango that brings out my exuberant side. The conclusion I came to was the music!
The tracks played last night were varied, challenging and engaging on a number of levels i.e you could pick so many elements of each track and interpret them as you wanted.
Most dances I go to I listen to the music and come to a pretty conclusive conclusion :) which genre of dance it relates to. With the music at a Jango night, in the main, this doesn't happen. Rather than mandating a dance discipline/genre it allows so much freedom. Dare I say it, it promotes more of a 'contemporary' style of dance.
This could be because Greg caters for those doing Argentinian Tango which, ultimately, is a street dance and, as a result, requires open music.

I guess what Im, badly, trying to say is that I so love the freedom that the music at Jango gives. I love WCS, latin, ballroom etc. but at these nights they are understandably fixed in musical structure to accommodate the genre. Of course they do. This goes without saying.

It's just so nice to just hang loose once a week :blush:

---

Oh and to all those of you who are thinking this is just another luvvy post....:na:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-September-2006, 08:49 AM
Wow.

{snip}

Blue pills, or the red and yellow ones?

Oh and to all those of you who are thinking this is just another luvvy post....:na:Thought never crossed my mind.

Dizzy
12th-September-2006, 09:21 AM
Dizzy great to finally meet you a lovely first dance of the evening.

It was lovely to finally meet you too :hug: :flower:. You are a fab lead and a great dancer :worthy: Hope to have some more at Southport :clap:

Sparkles great Cake and a fantastic dance...your a great lead!

:yeah: In fact both cakes were scrumptious :drool: :drool: (ok...guilty, had 2 slices of cake!! :whistle: )

Alice
12th-September-2006, 09:43 AM
Another fantastic night at Jango last night...

It was the first real week of the new format, with a separate beginner class before the int/adv. I thought it worked really well- I enjoyed having the opportunity to concentrate on the basics, and the smaller class gave Amir and Kate more of a chance to give feedback to the group. It also gave the newer members of the class a chance to actually get the basics before they had to move on to more challenging moves. :worthy: :worthy:

Besides, it was worth it to see Amir doing part of the class as a follow to make up numbers (it confused the other guys something chronic:devil: cos they couldn't copy his footwork):rofl:

I really enjoyed the second class- great to have a second shot at the moves we did last week and generally just a good routine:flower:

The rest of the night was full of fabulous music from the Sheepmeister, and some great dances- some unexpectedly so:eek: . Lovely to see Freya here too, though I only twigged right at the end:really: My apologies!!! :flower: :flower:

Sparkles
12th-September-2006, 09:51 AM
Great to see Freya at Meltdown last night - another fab lady leader to add to my list (and very accomplished at stealing too :respect: ... you should dance with Tessalicious some time, i think you'd have a lot of fun!).

Glad the cakes went down well, just hope I'm up to more dancing next Monday... something tells me I might be too tired :sad:.

Tessalicious
12th-September-2006, 11:31 AM
another fab lady leader to add to my list (and very accomplished at stealing too :respect: ... you should dance with Tessalicious some time, i think you'd have a lot of fun!).Isn't she just? - we have, and we did :devil: . I'm just sorry to have missed her (and you, Paul F, and all the other regulars) last night, but I was just too tired to come out and play, and probably will be most of this week - need to save my limited energy for Southport!

Ghost
12th-September-2006, 08:11 PM
For Ghost and all the laydeez:
Chocolate cake with chocolate, chocolate and, um, more chocolate!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :drool:

Just Like to say A BIG BIG thankyou to all those Forumites that were at Jango tonight! I had a Fantastic time and some fabulous dances.

Ghost Lots of playing and sabotage is good for the soul! :wink: Thankyou so much for putting up with me for the Day and letting me drag you round London.

:clap: :devil: :innocent: :rofl: :flower: :hug:

Jive fanatic
15th-September-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi Freya, I just wanted to thankyou for the really, really fun dance I had with you at Jango last Monday. :clap: You cought me as I was about to leave and I'm glad you did.

I was genuinly glad of your encouragement during the lesson too. When are you down again next? Soon I hope.

Ghost
19th-September-2006, 02:37 PM
:tears: no chocolate cake :tears:

Still, the good news is, that gives you more time for dancing! :D

To Springsteen no less :respect: I'd definitely be in favour of more of that :clap: :clap:

Dance in beauty,
Christopher

Sheepman
20th-September-2006, 12:07 AM
To Springsteen no less :respect: I'd definitely be in favour of more of that Glad you liked it! I'd planned to play it at Southport but ran out of time, but it also went down well with my travelling companions on the way home.

I think it'll make it on to the t-jive playlist this Sunday too...

Greg

PS anyone wondering what we're on about, it's Eyes On The Prize from Bruce. An artist never previously heard at Meltdown!

Msfab
20th-September-2006, 09:33 AM
PS anyone wondering what we're on about, it's Eyes On The Prize from Bruce. An artist never previously heard at Meltdown!
:clap: You wont hear any complaints from me!:wink:

Freya
20th-September-2006, 11:32 AM
Ahhh it's good to be home!

Thanx for all the lovely comments. I had a fantastic time and only one not so great dance! (guy freaked me out a bit)

Cake was scrumptious and people friendly. So friendly infact I'm already planning my next trip.

Hope to see some of you in Scotland in the future! :hug:

Ghost
3rd-October-2006, 01:54 PM
Oooh, and the new 'Meltdown' T-shirts are :cool:
Gotta love a venue that has it's own models :worthy:

And next week we get to see what the "Jango Demo Crew!" have been up to :cool:

Sparkles
3rd-October-2006, 01:57 PM

Plus there's a guest DJ... TwK will be on the decks :worthy:

Dizzy
3rd-October-2006, 02:01 PM

Plus there's a guest DJ... TwK will be on the decks :worthy:

:clap: :worthy:

*starts taking Pro-Plus in preperation for staying awake next Monday* :flower:

Cruella
3rd-October-2006, 04:53 PM
... shame Cruella missed the dalmation puppy ones :what:

:tears: I did? You can make me some more for the weekend if you want. :D

Freya
3rd-October-2006, 05:01 PM
Oooh, and the new 'Meltdown' T-shirts are :cool:
Yup I already have mine! He he he!

Yliander
3rd-October-2006, 07:02 PM
:cool:

Another good night :clap: Great mix of tunes from Greg :respect:

:worthy: to Amir for teaching despite recovering from bronchitis

And :respect: to the Sparkly One for bringing personalised cakes (including one with chocolate sprinkles :clap: ) even for those not in attendance!

Cool to meet and dance with Yliander :flower:

Thanks to all for much lovely dancing and laughter

Dance in beauty,
Christopher:yeah: to all of that and thanks to Ghost for the lovely dances - great to put another face to a name:flower:

Oooh, and the new 'Meltdown' T-shirts are :cool: I got mine at Southport - if I had had 1/2 a cohearent thought when packing I would have been wearing it.

You & RK modelled them beautifully

Paul F
3rd-October-2006, 07:10 PM
*starts taking Pro-Plus in preperation for staying awake next Monday* :flower:

Tried that after this last weekender. It didnt work :( Had to miss Jango. Are you WCS'ing it tomorrow?

Sparkles
10th-October-2006, 09:48 AM
:respect: to TwK for some fab tunes, it was really good to hear some new things including the 'country blues' ;) section (Yee Ha! :D ) which worked exceptionally well.

:worthy: :worthy: (x100) to the Jango demo team - you must have done so much extra work, there's no way that could have all been done in :eek: 8hrs!! Good luck next weekend to you all.

Fab Birthday dances from Alice and Roger... :clap: :clap:

... so, how are we going to top that next week then guys? :what:

Dizzy
10th-October-2006, 09:57 AM
I am gutted that I could not come and celebrate - so sorry Alice :tears: :flower:

I am glad that everyone had a good night :clap:. I was forced to stay at home by my family, literally - they stole my car keys :eek:. They were worried that I wasn't well after dancing the whole weekend.

Anyway, see everyone soon.

Paul F
10th-October-2006, 10:12 AM
I am gutted that I could not come and celebrate - so sorry Alice :tears: :flower:

I am glad that everyone had a good night :clap:. I was forced to stay at home by my family, literally - they stole my car keys :eek:. They were worried that I wasn't well after dancing the whole weekend.

Anyway, see everyone soon.

Ah! Family. Thats a tricky one.

I've found you have to use cunning and guile. Here's a tip.
You need to hide a trenchcoat, hat, dark glasses and a false moustache in the bathroom.
Cometh the hour of Jango departure time you casually announce your impending visit to the lavatory. One quick change later and you are cunningly disguised as a super spy.
You then walk back into the family room and whisper, in a french accent, that you are a secret agent and must exit before your location is compromised. This will then render you family speechless and subdued. They will then remain that way until you return from Jango and return to your normal life as a dancer.

Dont go spreading that around though. Its a classified military tactic.

;)

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 10:31 AM
Better still, just move 500 miles away from them. That way, they have very little influence on where, or how much you go dancing! :D

Alice
10th-October-2006, 10:39 AM
Better still, just move 500 miles away from them. That way, they have very little influence on where, or how much you go dancing! :D
Or move halfway round the world...:devil:

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 10:53 AM
Or move halfway round the world...:devil:

There is that. When are you coming the extra 500 miles then? :na:

David Bailey
10th-October-2006, 11:15 AM
Dont go spreading that around though. Its a classified military tactic.

Yeah, but classified French military secrets aren't important. :na:

Rhythm King
13th-October-2006, 03:03 AM
You've obviously been here (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html) then :whistle:

Ghost
14th-October-2006, 01:27 PM
... so, how are we going to top that next week then guys? :what:
Well......

:respect: to TwK for some fab tunes, it was really good to hear some new things including the 'country blues' ;) section (Yee Ha! :D ) which worked exceptionally well.

Greg's back and hopefully suitably inspired from his time in San Francisco...and I've heard rumours about Springsteen being played :cool:

:worthy: :worthy: (x100) to the Jango demo team - you must have done so much extra work, there's no way that could have all been done in :eek: 8hrs!! Good luck next weekend to you all.
They'll have more time to dance with us :clap: (and we know who they are now :devil: )

Fab Birthday dances from Alice and Roger... :clap: :clap:
If anyone wants to share a dance with Alice let me know :wink:

So that just leaves one other important contribution... :drool:

Looking forward to Monday
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Christopher

Alice
15th-October-2006, 09:23 AM
If anyone wants to share a dance with Alice let me know :wink:

OI!! Since when do you have a say in who shares a dance with me??? :yum:

Ghost
15th-October-2006, 01:42 PM
*cough* (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276683&postcount=407)
:wink:

Sheepman
16th-October-2006, 12:46 PM
Greg's back and hopefully suitably inspired from his time in San Francisco...and I've heard rumours about Springsteen being played

Some things will be the same tonight, i.e. a fab lesson from Amir, some old music, some new, some blues, some tango....

But tonight there will be the Meltdown eXtra factor!

We'll be celebrating competition successes with champagne (anyone got some spare flutes? :whistle: )

Will and Kate will be debuting their new cabaret!

And with tunes researched in the USA coming out at about £50 per hit, I'll have to play a few of them (I was there to work y'know!) I think it could be something of a bluesy night tonight, so as well as Springsteen we have Dahl, Gherkins, (on no, sorry, wrong list :wink: ) we have Jack Johnson, De-Phazz, Shivaree, Metisse and many more...

And tonight we will be replacing Amir :really:
Yes, tonight instead of Amir, you can pay your hard earned to another fantastic dancer, the lovely Lisa, if you're really lucky, she'll stamp your card and have a dance with you! :waycool:

And not forgetting cake! :drool:

Greg

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 12:49 PM
Some things will be the same tonight, i.e. a fab lesson from Amir,

And tonight we will be replacing Amir :really:
Yes, tonight instead of Amir, you can pay your hard earned to another fantastic dancer, the lovely Lisa, if you're really lucky, she'll stamp your card and have a dance with you! :waycool:

Is it just me who's now confused about just who is teaching tonight? :confused:

David Bailey
16th-October-2006, 12:59 PM
Is it just me who doesn't care?

Sparkles
16th-October-2006, 01:12 PM

Amir's teaching, Lisa'll be taking the money :flower:

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 01:15 PM
Amir's teaching, Lisa'll be taking the money :flower:

Knowing that, what Greg said just about makes sense. But only just about!

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 01:20 PM

From Sheepy's post, it sounded like Lisa would be replacing Amir as a teacher? Or just to dance, take everyone's money (and run?), and stamp cards if she feels that way inclined...? And Amir will be doing what? Staying at home? Sitting in a corner moping? Running off with Sarah's cake?

Ooooh, what excitement awaits you all at Meltdown tonight?!?! :rofl:

Wish I could be there, too....... But no chance of me getting to a Monday Meltdown until December!! :tears: :tears: :tears: But then I am planning on going to quite a few.... In fact, I'm planning on going to all of them that month! :clap:

Sheepman
16th-October-2006, 01:36 PM
what Greg said just about makes sense. But only just about! Well I like to keep you guessing!

But Sparkles got it right, should I be worried that there is somebody else who understands my twisted logic?

Greg

Patrick
16th-October-2006, 01:37 PM

I feel its about time I visited London from the sticks again. :D Don't suppose there's anything on tonight? :wink: Are the natives friendly? :kiss:

I tried to find this Jango place in Hammersmith on August bank hol, walked round for ages, went home... :sad: Any (preferably helpul!) ideas?

Patrick :flower:

NZ Monkey
16th-October-2006, 01:40 PM
But Sparkles got it right, should I be worried that there is somebody else who understands my twisted logic?
I think the only one who needs to be worried is Sparkles :flower:

Sparkles
16th-October-2006, 01:40 PM
I tried to find this Jango place in Hammersmith on August bank hol, walked round for ages, went home... :sad: Any (preferably helpul!) ideas?

Call one of us if you get lost and we'll direct you in :flower:

Best advice is from Hammersmith Tube walk as if you were going to go over Hammersmith Bridge and turn right just before it. Kent House is just down that road a little way on the left (you'll walk into a car park and go through a bar to get to the hall) - if you miss the turning on the left and go down that road too far you'll reach a park.

Hope that helps. Maybe catch you for a dance later? :clap:

Patrick
16th-October-2006, 03:41 PM

Best advice is from Hammersmith Tube walk as if you were going to go over Hammersmith Bridge and turn right just before it. Kent House is just down that road a little way on the left (you'll walk into a car park and go through a bar to get to the hall) - if you miss the turning on the left and go down that road too far you'll reach a park.

Hope that helps. Maybe catch you for a dance later? :clap:

Thank you Sparkles, I'd love a dance. It may not be Jango, but a dance nevertheless!

I don't think I've met any of you in real life yet, but I may be surprised. It seems young Alice and I were in the same classes at MJC in my pre forum days...

Now I'd better get going, I've a long journey!

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 05:20 PM

It might help to know that the road is called Rutland Grove...

Thank you Sparkles, I'd love a dance. It may not be Jango, but a dance nevertheless!

What? You think that there's anyone there that does "Jango" in anything other than the class? :rolleyes:

*Alice runs away quickly*

Probably for the best, yes! :flower:

Sheepman
16th-October-2006, 05:38 PM
:angry: Grrrr, I've just heard that Fulham are playing at home tonight.

Don't they know there's more important things going on on a Monday, and I was so going to be early tonight!

Greg

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 07:34 PM
I was so going to be early tonight!

Greg

You???

Early???

:what:

:rofl:

Ooooh, you're just so funny at times! *Wipes away tears*

Rhythm King
16th-October-2006, 09:04 PM
Another country, another downpour of rain - and it's meant to be summer here :rolleyes:

Am jealous of missing Sparkles' cake and Lisa's stamping :wink: (not to mention new tchoons and champagne)

See y'all next week

R-K x

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 09:09 AM
It might help to know that the road is called Rutland Grove...

Many thanks to Greg and Sparkles for the directions and welcome. I walked up and down Rutland Grove, even up to the door of the club and thought it couldn't be the place... its not easy to find is it? I caught the end of the beginners class, just!

What? You think that there's anyone there that does "Jango" in anything other than the class? :rolleyes:

I apologised to the first lady I danced with for knowing little Jango. She said "that's OK, I don't either"! However, there were some who clearly did :respect:

I missed the cake, but had some lovely dances, including Dizzy, Sparkles, ALexyMiss, Alice, Lisa, and Roger C! Nice hug too Rog, Fletch will be pleased. Apologies to those whose names I didn't remember, it was all a bit overwhelming. Great to meet Alice at last. I hope to be back, but at 3hrs each way, it prob won't be every week :sad:

Will and Kate showcase... Wow! :respect: :respect: :respect:

The teaching was very good too! Thanks Amir & Kate.

Patrick (aka Robert):flower:

David Bailey
17th-October-2006, 10:14 AM
I walked up and down Rutland Grove, even up to the door of the club and thought it couldn't be the place... its not easy to find is it?
Ah, but that's the initiation test, you see. They do that to keep out the great unwashed.

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 11:54 AM
Ah, but that's the initiation test, you see. They do that to keep out the great unwashed.

Yes, we are quite a select little band aren't we? Wouldn't want any ole riff-raff just walking in off the street! :D

It would have been nice to see more people in Amir's beginners class. OTOH, its nice to have a small class where the teacher gives a bit of individual attention when you need it. Which I did after about 2 minutes.... (Mental note to self, stop being late for classes...)

I used to think it was Oscar Wilde who said:

"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Apparently it was Groucho Marx. I bet Oscar wishes he'd said that though!

robd
17th-October-2006, 12:14 PM
but at 3hrs each way, it prob won't be every week :sad:

And I thought my 132 mile round trip was bad enough :rolleyes:

Good night though. Tasty cakes :yum: and an enjoyable class. Nice showcase from Will and Kate too.

Shame I can't make it every week but that's life.

Patrick
18th-October-2006, 10:48 AM

Yes, Greg did the honours thanks. Even finding the way from the car park to the door was challenging! The wrought iron gates to the car park would be a good landmark, they have "HSSCS" or something similar on them. Pity they don't say "Kent House"... You could get a big white banner with "www.jango.co.uk" on it... :wink: Pretentious maybe, but practical :D

I don't think I've met any of you in real life yet, but I may be surprised. It seems young Alice and I were in the same classes at MJC in my pre forum days...

I should learn to expect the unexpected! Although Roger & Amir were the only ones I knew from before, I have bumped into several of you at other venues, including Dizzy, Lisa, MsFab and Cat. I have since learned that some of the ladies (mentioning no names) think "A" has a "nice bum" (can I mention bum on here?) :wink: :D Can't say I noticed myself :innocent: , but nice trousers... :respect: I only have eyes for Roger...:hug: :hug: :awe: ;)

And I thought my 132 mile round trip was bad enough :rolleyes:
Shame I can't make it every week but that's life.

About 132 miles each way from Wells via Bristol I think! If I can find someone to share the driving from the Bristol/Bath/Swindon area, or a place to crash overnight, I may be able to come regularly. Falling asleep on the M4 is not a habit I want to get into. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice to meet you Rob, and :respect: for your dedication too. Nice photo in your profile, I think 'Gentle Leader' shows in the hands.

Thanks to all for lovely dances :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ahhh, but hope springs eternal and Sparkle's chocolate butterfly cakes with chocolate buttercream were truly :drool:
I gather MsFab is baking next week.......
Christopher

Nice to put face a face to the name Christopher, thanks for the rep when I first joined the forum. Hope to speak to you next time! :blush: And get a dance with MsFab. :grin: And some cake...:tears: :tears: :tears:

But if I have the knife, maybe next week I'll get some cake :tears:
And I missed out on the champagne :tears: there was just too much pleasure happening out there.
:respect: to Patrick for coming all that way, maybe our directions need to include a description of the building, though I don't think a photo of it in the dark would be much use...
Greg

I did get some champagne tho' :D :cheers: Thanks for your sacrifice Greg, the music was fab. Talking to each other on mobiles, I wasn't sure we were in the same car park for a while! It was a relief to see you though, thanks. A photo in the light, while not very inspiring, could be useful.

Sparkles description of walking into a car park and going through a bar was almost enough, but I have managed to walk past the gates several times on this and the previous occasion. The club doesn't look very promising in the dark, not my expectation of 'Kent House'! (posh). When I peeped through the window and saw a smoky bar with pool tables, I was sure I was in the wrong place, and carried on walking down the street.

Perhaps you could start a joint venture with the working men's club on Bingo nights. You could call it "Jingo!" or even "Bango!"... You could pull Jango moves out of a hat, and see who's first to collect all the moves on their card... I'd like a share of the profits please for my visionary thinking here. :yum:

PS Yes I do have better things to do...

Freya
18th-October-2006, 11:06 AM
Patrick,

I completely understand how you feel! When I went a couple of weeks ago I found it difficult to find!

Stood looking at the building thinking...This can't be it! But went into the bar to see if this wasn't it if they knew where it was...But it was! I had a fab night!

And oh think I beat you with approx 500miles each way! :rofl:

Patrick
23rd-October-2006, 04:34 PM
Patrick,

I completely understand how you feel! When I went a couple of weeks ago I found it difficult to find!

Stood looking at the building thinking...This can't be it! But went into the bar to see if this wasn't it if they knew where it was...But it was! I had a fab night!

And oh think I beat you with approx 500miles each way! :rofl:

Hi Freya. I'm glad I'm not the only one! But i had a great time too.

So are you going to do the 1000 miles each week then? :wink: I'm just decidin whether to do the 264 again 2nite :eek: :confused:

Freya
23rd-October-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Freya. I'm glad I'm not the only one! But i had a great time too.

So are you going to do the 1000 miles each week then? :wink: I'm just decidin whether to do the 264 again 2nite :eek: :confused:

Nope not every night! But nbext week I am! :clap:

Alice
25th-October-2006, 02:33 PM
How can I resist?

(Psst, which one of you is single again?... :rolleyes: ;) My dance buddy was voted No2 most outrageous dance flirt in our area, I fear he is leading me astray :innocent: ) It would be fun to see a flirting contest between my mate and Roger C! I could ask Alice to be the judge. (I have the evidence on video!)

What, you thought that was Roger C flirting???:eek: That was nothing, a mere bagatelle in comparison to what he usually gets up to:rofl: :rofl:

Freya
25th-October-2006, 02:58 PM
How can I resist?

(Psst, which one of you is single again?... :rolleyes: ;) My dance buddy was voted No2 most outrageous dance flirt in our area, I fear he is leading me astray :innocent: ) It would be fun to see a flirting contest between my mate and Roger C! I could ask Alice to be the judge. (I have the evidence on video!)He he he! I'm the one thats single! I've been told I'm a bit of a flirt!

I must look up your thread to see what else you're up to. I'm doing Amir's Oxford Jango workshop Sat pm, Oxford fs Sat eve, Amir's Putney workshop and T dance sun. Wonder if I can squeeze something in Sun eve...We're doing the Jango T-jive but not the workshop before! Decided we might want a lie in!

Patrick
25th-October-2006, 03:22 PM
What, you thought that was Roger C flirting???:eek: That was nothing, a mere bagatelle in comparison to what he usually gets up to:rofl: :rofl:

It looks like I have a new flirt master to follow then, as well as a dance master! :respect:

I recently told Roger C it was worth the entry fee to a freestyle just to watch him dance... looks like I've got some more treats in store :D

Mmmm, and I didn't get a hug this time :confused: :hug: :hug: :mad:

I may bring my flirty friend one Monday! :wink:

Patrick
30th-October-2006, 12:30 PM
He he he! I'm the one thats single! I've been told I'm a bit of a flirt!

We're doing the Jango T-jive but not the workshop before! Decided we might want a lie in!

It was fun being incognito for a little while... :wink: Nice to meet you and Fi for the first time, and ClareS again. Lovely dances. Hope to cu all again 2nite.

PS Thanks Freya, but I still haven't dared to watch the Scottish Champs DVD!... :eek:

PPS Had a quick look at the Kate and Amir DVD when I got back last night... or was it the Amir and Kate DVD?.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LMAO :D
I think it's worth it just for the jokes! :D
I think it's worth it just for the jokes?.. :confused:
The dancing is very good too. :respect: :respect: Now when my Ceroc teacher tells me off for putting my thumb on her hand, I will be able to tell her "Amir said it was OK! :na:" :wink: