PDA

View Full Version : Beach Booooooogie!!

Lindsay
24th-March-2006, 12:05 AM
Who's going??
22nd - 29th July 2006 on the Isle of Wight.

jivecat
24th-March-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm thinking about it. How soon do the places book up?

Lindsay
24th-March-2006, 12:18 AM
Quite quickly I'd imagine, but I'm not sure...
Check their website (http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk)

fletch
24th-March-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm going with both my children Joe who is 8 and Maddy who is 12

they will love it.

Also Di is coming with two children the same age, i'm not sure if Trevor her Bow will be there.

:clap: :clap:

TiggsTours
27th-March-2006, 09:39 AM
Me! Me! Me! Wouldn't miss it for the world. :D

clevedonboy
29th-March-2006, 07:39 AM
might go to the swing one at the end of August

Almost an Angel
29th-March-2006, 09:30 AM
Me! Me! Me! Wouldn't miss it for the world. :D

Me too, hopefully I'll be actually able to dance this time!!

I think we need to make punch again, only problem is I don't think any of us remember what we actually put into it!!! :confused:
Oh and we need to have a few more of those Chalet parties we had last year.

Angel xx

TiggsTours
29th-March-2006, 12:18 PM
I think we need to make punch again, only problem is I don't think any of us remember what we actually put into it!!! :confused:
I remember :devil: :wink: :D

Almost an Angel
29th-March-2006, 01:43 PM
I remember :devil: :wink: :D

Cool I'll count on you for the recipe and we can share the ingredients as last time. :D

I wonder how many people we can manage to corrupt with it this year. :devil:

Angel xx

fletch
29th-March-2006, 01:50 PM
Cool I'll count on you for the recipe and we can share the ingredients as last time. :D

I wonder how many people we can manage to corrupt with it this year. :devil:

Angel xx
Not me! i don't drink alcohol :waycool: but I can do a good job of pretending:wink:
I'm allways up for a party :cheers:
:flower:

Lindsay
17th-April-2006, 09:19 PM
Not me! i don't drink alcohol :waycool: but I can do a good job of pretending:wink:
I'm allways up for a party :cheers:
Me too! Which chalet no.??

The Atherfield Bay Holiday Centre was on a BBC documentary the other week, looks like most of the chalets have been tarted up now :grin:

fletch
18th-April-2006, 08:03 AM
Me too! Which chalet no.??

The Atherfield Bay Holiday Centre was on a BBC documentary the other week, looks like most of the chalets have been tarted up now :grin:
I will let you know when its allocated:cheers:

:clap: :clap:

Lindsay
6th-May-2006, 11:45 AM
Just got the latest info...
Teacher line-up is Nigel and Nina, Andy and Rena, Cat & Lee, James McLauchlan, Hannes & Amy, Amir, Mick & Helen, Kerrin, Adam and Tas, Hannes & Amy. . . And also as it's their 10th anniversary, during the second half of the week, there will be a performance/show (choreographed by me :-) as part of 'The Big Night' on Saturday 29th July! I think there will be a fair few of us going down from Scotland this year...

This will be my 4th BB, and it just keeps on getting better :cheers: :respect:

jacksondonut
6th-May-2006, 11:59 AM
I went last year and had an absolutely fabulous time... cant make it this year...:tears: :tears: :tears: definately one of the best weekenders I have been on in years... (going to Torquay instead, but wish I could do it all.....).:wink:

Hope you all have a wonderful time.. :flower: :flower: :yeah:

jivecat
6th-May-2006, 01:15 PM
I've booked a camping place. If anyone is interested in sharing the ferry & a lift from the Midlands let me know.

Chef
8th-May-2006, 10:17 AM
I've booked a camping place. If anyone is interested in sharing the ferry & a lift from the Midlands let me know.

This is fab news. I get to dance with you again. Great to see that you are going.

I also understand that this will be a last chance to get some of Ninas teaching. I heard from the lady herself that she is going to be taking a year out to do some travelling (where she doesn't have to dash from venue to venue). Nina did say that she might be turning up at various places as she is sure to need some petrol money on her journey. If you are a venue manager it might be worth finding out if she is likely to travelling through your area.

jivecat
8th-May-2006, 02:24 PM
This is fab news. I get to dance with you again. Great to see that you are going.

:grin: Ditto. That's someone else I know who's going, then!

Almost an Angel
8th-May-2006, 04:36 PM
This will be my 4th BB, and it just keeps on getting better :cheers: :respect:

SNAP!!!! My 4th one too!

Angel xx

Msfab
8th-May-2006, 05:20 PM
Well this will be my second BB (Went last year) And having just seen the line up - Im looking forward to the line up ballroom and WCS :clap:

Mary
9th-May-2006, 09:38 AM
Well this will be my second BB (Went last year) And having just seen the line up - Im looking forward to the line up ballroom and WCS :clap:

Cat & Lee, and Hannes & Amy teaching, plus lots of people from Scotland!!!!!!!! Suddenly I'm very interested.

M

Lindsay
2nd-June-2006, 11:04 PM
If anyone is interested in WCS or Ballroom, looks like there will be LOTS over the week :grin: :clap:

johnthehappyguy
9th-June-2006, 07:15 PM
What is the best way to get there from Edinburgh / Glasgow ?

Is there much of a Scottish contingency ?

John:nice:

fletch
9th-June-2006, 07:18 PM
What is the best way to get there from Edinburgh / Glasgow ?

Is there much of a Scottish contingency ?

John:nice:
I'm going :clap:

We could have a chat next week if you are at route 66 or the chill on Sunday:flower:

Lindsay
9th-June-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm going!

You can get train to London KX (4.5hrs), tube to Waterloo (30mins), train to S'amption (1hr-ish) , hover to Isle of Wight (20mins).

Or you could fly direct to S'ampton (beware tiny airfix plane!)

Or drive down

johnthehappyguy
9th-June-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm going :clap:

We could have a chat next week if you are at route 66 or the chill on Sunday:flower:

sounds good - Friday night not quite sorted - thought about Brechin en route to Beach ballroom,

If you are at BB ? I will definitely seek you out.

I am moving house around then, and need to get my plans made as quickly as possible.

thanks, john:nice:

Heather
10th-June-2006, 06:45 PM
I'll just be back from my holiday in Australia half way through that week !!:sad:
Is it possible to come for half a week? Will there be LOTS of West Coast Swing to make it worth my while?
What's the theme for the team performance and would it be too late for me to join in if I came later in the week?

:hug:

Heather

Lindsay
14th-June-2006, 05:44 PM
Is it possible to come for half a week? Will there be LOTS of West Coast Swing to make it worth my while?
Yes! Most definitely!

What's the theme for the team performance and would it be too late for me to join in if I came later in the week?
Not too late.... a lady of your talents should pick it up standing on your head :hug: But that won't be required...

And the latest from Nina :-
"We are delighted to have on board a new teacher to Beach Boogie.
I'm sure most of you will have watched Strictly Dance Fever. Do you remember JP? As in JP & Stacey. Well, he is joining us on the Isle of Wight to teach all you guys how to move that body in new and strange ways!
JP is an amazing street dancer and his breaking is breathtaking (scuse the play on words). He has taught in Brighton for many years and as part of the Streetfunk crew he has performed all over the country".

jivecat
14th-June-2006, 08:25 PM
Has anyone tried booking a discounted ferry ticket yet? Did you have the Jump n jive reference code? Red Funnel wouldn't let me book without it.

Chef
15th-June-2006, 11:03 AM
Has anyone tried booking a discounted ferry ticket yet? Did you have the Jump n jive reference code? Red Funnel wouldn't let me book without it.

Hello Jivecat. Nina sent a letter by email to all the beach boogie attendees and at the top of the letter it said that the red funnel discount account code was CJUM01 and this is what you should tell the travel centre when you are trying to book your ferry.

The teaching line up at beach boogie just keeps getting better. I booked my places the day that the dates was announced as the teaching line up usually presses all of my buttons and this year they seem even better than ever.

For our scottish friends - a quick search shows that british airways fly into southampton airport from glasgow (they may do Edinburgh as well but I ddin't search) for about £56 return. I am sure there will be a way to get people and luggage across to the island and back somehow even if it is finding a way to squeeze your self and luggage into the cars of people already going.

Paul F
15th-June-2006, 02:30 PM
For those, like me, who have never been can someone describe exactly what the venue/week consists of?

For example, the reason I have never been is because I was under the impression it was largely dedicated to Lindy. I dont know why but thats just what I thought (thats also the reason i dont do rockbottoms).

Is there multiple rooms like Southport with different types of music?

Any info would be appreciated.

Msfab
15th-June-2006, 02:51 PM
For those, like me, who have never been can someone describe exactly what the venue/week consists of?

For example, the reason I have never been is because I was under the impression it was largely dedicated to Lindy. I dont know why but thats just what I thought (thats also the reason i dont do rockbottoms).

Any info would be appreciated.

Im sure theres a thread about last years BB.

Its set in a holiday camp on the south of the island. About 200 dancers - one room of music, Jon brett is one of the Djs (i recall him having a good week). Two rooms of classes and we had a few lessons outside on the grass last summer:drool: . Classes: enough - with plenty of time to relax. Freesytle goes on for as long as youre willing to stay awake. There was a little lindy but they now have a week (after) dedicated to lindy so this is mainly jive. Plus with this years WCS and Ballroom element there should be plenty to choose from!
Oh and now you can choose to do half a week - you decide which half.

Rhythm King
15th-June-2006, 03:19 PM

There is a separate Lindy Beach Boogie and "The Lindy One" Rock Bottoms, other wise they are a mix of all sorts and you don't know what you've been missing :what:

Chef
15th-June-2006, 03:28 PM
I am just someone that has been on the last 4 beach boogies and I have no connection with the organisation other than having gone to them and loved them. If you want to look up the website it is at http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk and click on the link that says “beach boogie – jive”.

It is true that in the past that there was a fair bit of lindy hop in beach boogie but last year and again this year beach boogie is happening on two weeks, one week is labelled as the jive week and one week is the Lindy week. Lindy is not my thing so I have always concerned myself with the jive part.

To be totally honest I don’t think that there is much jive left in the beach boogie week (any more than in Southport where it seemed Arg Tango, WCS, Ballroom and Latin, Charleston and precious little jive). So I think if you are a new MJer looking for loads of new MJ you are likely to be a very disappointed. If on the other hand you have been dancing MJ quite a while and want other challenges then there will be plenty for you.

They will have Nigel and Nina probably doing advanced jive and blues(blues classes sometimes start at 11:30pm), Cat Wiles will be doing a beginners course in WCS (and possibly more at a higher level), they have two Ballroom and Latin champs (Hannes and Amy) to give lessons, Adam and Taz, Keirren and Lucy from ginger jive (awesome double trouble), Amir Giles (Jango),Mick Wenger and Jo (mostly straight MJ), Andy and Rena (airsteps and some lindy) as well as James McLaughlin (line and WCS dancer from strictly dance fever series 1 – teaching WCS) and the latest addition JP (from the latest SDF).

The format is usually that there are a couple of lesson slots in the morning and two or three slots in the afternoon and there are three classes available for each of these slots. Two of these classes are held indoors and the other one is usually on the playing field outside. In the afternoon you can rest, explore the island or join in the fun and games like sandcastle comps or “it’s a knock out”.

In the evening there is usually some early evening shenagins. The teachers cabaret and pantomime nights are not to be missed (I nearly wet myself during Amir and Johnny Lloyds slow motion “matrix” style gunfight during the western panto). There is usually one room for dancing in the evening and the music is great with Jon Brett and Nigel Anderson (although I am not a fan of Russell Paynes DJ sets personally, they do suit most people).

There are only 200 places. You can bring your kids (between 6 and 16) because they seem to have their own programme of dance classes and afternoon activities and to a very great extent they were nearly invisible to me. In the past the kids seem to come to look on as Adam and Taz as nearly god like as they all seem to fall in love with them by the end of the week. They boys started to look on Dan Baines (who taught them hip hop) as the coolest older brother they could ever want (maybe JP will be filling that role this year). Seeing Nina teaching the kids is both awesome and scary.

I think that the location is stunning. On the cliff tops looking straight over the sea.

The downside is that the food will sustain life but is nothing to write home about (take occasional meals at the excellent local pub for a culinary lift) and the chalet rooms make Camber look luxurious.

jivecat
15th-June-2006, 06:12 PM
The teaching line up at beach boogie just keeps getting better. I booked my places the day that the dates was announced as the teaching line up usually presses all of my buttons and this year they seem even better than ever.

:yeah: I thought I'd be dossing on the beach most of the week with a bit of dancing thrown in, but the classes sound well worth working at.

Thanks for the ferry info, Chef.

Paul F
15th-June-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all the reports. Much appreciated.

It sounds good in that the lindy is seperated but, and I feel so bad saying this :blush: , if I am going to go on a 'dance break' 1 room of music is just too risky :rolleyes: :blush:

Chef
16th-June-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the reports. Much appreciated.

It sounds good in that the lindy is seperated but, and I feel so bad saying this :blush: , if I am going to go on a 'dance break' 1 room of music is just too risky :rolleyes: :blush:

Well there is a fiar bit of the music that is not to my personal taste but the music over the course of the evening tends to go like this.

9pm-midnight mostly up tempo ceroc style stuff. A few tracks of mid tempo swing and latin thrown in to break things up. Russell sometimes gets in a patch of 80s stuff. The odd track suitable for WCS to give people the occasional breather.

midnight to 2am. The music starts getting more latin, mid to slow swing, fair bit of WCS able tracks and starting to have patches of blues.

2am - 4am. Getting slower with more blues but still patches of up tempo stuff.

4am - breakfast the up tempo stuff is there but it is in short bursts. There is latin, swing and WCS but it is usualy at the more relaxed end.

I don't know if this is the DJs plan but it is what seems to happen in a general sense and there are no clear demarkations except when there is a change of DJ on the desk you can definately hear the change in styles. Nigel Anderson DJs and that is good enough and rare enough for me to not want to miss it.

On the whole I would say the music is much less mainstream than a normal MJ night out because in general the people that have heard about and willing to go on Beach Boogie have been on the dance scene a while and have already done the weekender thing a fair bit and are after something that distills the best of what they want out of weekenders - something even less mainstream.

For me the very best bit about beach boggie is......you know that feeling that you get at about 2am on the sunday evening, usually in the blues room, of a weekender just before you are thining of going home. You dancing seems better than you normally get and everything flows as you feel yourself enter "the zone". Well that happens on day 2 at beach boogie. The feeling on day 4 is amazing. My partner and I seem to become telepathic as we feel the music flow between us and within us.

If it is the food and the comfort of the rooms that floats your boat then you need a hotel. If it is the dance then you need beach boogie.

Paul F
16th-June-2006, 01:15 PM
...lots of good feedback...

It does sound good. I might give it a try one year.

:cheers:

Chef
28th-June-2006, 03:03 PM
It does sound good. I might give it a try one year.

Probably just as well that you can't come along this year. I have just heard that they don't have enough FOLLOWERS to have a gender balalnced event.

Maybe see you next year.

Yliander
28th-June-2006, 03:23 PM
Probably just as well that you can't come along this year. I have just heard that they don't have enough FOLLOWERS to have a gender balalnced event. That has to be one for the record books!

TiggsTours
28th-June-2006, 03:44 PM
Is there anyone out there going to the Jive one who doesn't know who they're sharing with, and would rather not take the risk associated with sharing with a total stranger?

TiggsTours
12th-July-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

Due to somebody elses very late change of plans (:angry: ), it appears I've been left with sharing a chalet with strangers, yet again!

Anybody got space for a small one, with their own fridge?

A. :grin: :flower:

jivecat
12th-July-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi all,

Due to somebody elses very late change of plans (:angry: ), it appears I've been left with sharing a chalet with strangers, yet again!

Anybody got space for a small one, with their own fridge?

A. :grin: :flower:

My experience of sharing with strangers at Storm was lovely. :wink:

You could take a tent.

TiggsTours
13th-July-2006, 09:21 AM
My experience of sharing with strangers at Storm was lovely. :wink:

You could take a tent.
I don't have a problem sharing with strangers, I've done it a few times and made some great friends by doing so, I've also had one total disaster who managed to ruin my whole weekend!

Its just, like I said, I've done it a few times, and I don't fancy doing it this time. As it is, I'm all sorted now anyway.

Gojive
13th-July-2006, 10:10 AM
It looks like you'll be in for some fantastic weather for it. Lots of outdoor lessons I reckon :)

Warm, dry and sunny going into the weekend, then getting hot hot hot early next week! :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-July-2006, 11:03 AM
Wish I could go - maybe next year? not practical due to work and baby :)

I'd recommend it to anyone though.

TiggsTours
13th-July-2006, 11:48 AM
It looks like you'll be in for some fantastic weather for it. Lots of outdoor lessons I reckon :)

Warm, dry and sunny going into the weekend, then getting hot hot hot early next week! :waycool:
Lets hope it lasts till the week after next then, which is when Beach Boogie is.

fletch
13th-July-2006, 05:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not many lesson for me then :really:

I wonder if there any secluded spots for topless sunbathing :whistle:

:D

Dreadful Scathe
13th-July-2006, 05:33 PM

Not many lesson for me then :really:

Secluded? Pah, I just did it out in the open, you prude you :)

fletch
13th-July-2006, 05:41 PM
Secluded? Pah, I just did it out in the open, you prude you :)
I wouldn't want to go upsetting the neighbours,:wink: they might not approve:whistle:

Gojive
13th-July-2006, 05:49 PM
Lets hope it lasts till the week after next then, which is when Beach Boogie is.

Oh b*gger! :blush:

fletch
13th-July-2006, 05:59 PM
It will be glorious,:clap: I have put an order in:wink:

Chef
14th-July-2006, 10:13 AM

There will be a suitable spot right outside my chalet. :whistle:

You must do the "it's a knockout" competions as well. You in a bikini and covered in custard will make the DVD sell like hot cakes.:rofl:

Beach Boogie just keeps getting better and better.

8 more sleeps.

fletch
15th-July-2006, 08:41 AM
& sleeps

This time next week :cheers: :hug: :cheers: :hug: :cheers:

I have got out fancey dress :clap:

fletch
15th-July-2006, 09:01 AM
Still half asleep

7 sleeps

Gojive
15th-July-2006, 09:53 AM
OK, latest signals are for the up and coming hot spell to continue to the end of the month now :waycool:

I'll let you know the latest next week, and it could of course all change. But for now, I'd say it will be warm to very warm, mostly dry, with some late afternoon thunderstorms possible.

mrs_warwick
15th-July-2006, 03:21 PM
Two sites I use for long range weather forecasts

for a 10 day forecast http://uk.weather.com/

and for a 15 day forecast http://ukie.accuweather.com/adcbin/ukie/index.asp?partner=accuweather

I have found the latter to be more accurate, and both are more accurate than the 5 day forecast on the BBC website.

(It's my daughter's 3rd birthday party next weekend, I need it to be dry so the kids can play outside)

fletch
16th-July-2006, 08:17 AM
6 Sleeps

Southampton picnic

I'm getting the 3pm Red Funnel ferry, and so far I believe Chef and Commies chef, my friend Di, her guy Trevor and her two children + my two will be at a piece of grass before you get on the ferry from about 1.45 for a picnic, you are all welcome to join us.:cheers:

Chef can you add any more details?:confused:

Gojive
16th-July-2006, 10:22 AM
Two sites I use for long range weather forecasts

for a 10 day forecast http://uk.weather.com/

and for a 15 day forecast http://ukie.accuweather.com/adcbin/ukie/index.asp?partner=accuweather

I have found the latter to be more accurate, and both are more accurate than the 5 day forecast on the BBC website.

(It's my daughter's 3rd birthday party next weekend, I need it to be dry so the kids can play outside)

Those BBC 5 dayers are just laughed at in the met world. I don't look at any forecasts at all now, I make my own up :what:

Anyhow latest situation, is that this coming week will be hot to VERY HOT over the entire UK. There are strong signs of thunderstorms developing from the south around Thursday now, and some of these could be quite violent in nature. These storms will herald a return to cooler and fresher conditions from Friday, but still more or less dry in the south,m and temps back to near normal.

Chef
16th-July-2006, 08:45 PM
6 Sleeps

Southampton picnic

I'm getting the 3pm Red Funnel ferry, and so far I believe Chef and Commies chef, my friend Di, her guy Trevor and her two children + my two will be at a piece of grass before you get on the ferry from about 1.45 for a picnic, you are all welcome to join us.:cheers:

Chef can you add any more details?:confused:

More details??? I was making it up as I was going along. I plaaned to get to the ferry early to cope with any hold ups on the journey there. When you get to the gate of the ferry terminal you have the choice of turning left into the terminal or going right into this riverside park. I was going to soak up any waiting time at the riverside park.

So if anyone turns up early then you are welcome to jion us.

fletch
16th-July-2006, 10:55 PM
So if anyone turns up early then you are welcome to jion us.

Sounds good to me :flower:

5 more sleeps

In one hour :D

whats every one going as on the theam night :confused:

TiggsTours
17th-July-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm not going to tell you that! You might nick my idea!

The theme is puppets, so think Andy Pandy, Bill & Ben, Sesame Street, The Muppets, Punch & Judy, its quite an easy one really.

6 more sleeps to go!!!!! (not getting there till Sunday, other things to do on saturday).

fletch
17th-July-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm not going to tell you that! You might nick my idea!

The Muppets,

I have met a few of them in my time :na:

I think its been hard, but I have our costumes :clap:

When do we get a list of classes etc :confused:

jivecat
17th-July-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm going as myself. I don't do fancy dress.

fletch
18th-July-2006, 07:56 AM
4 Sleeps

isn't it?

TiggsTours
18th-July-2006, 09:52 AM
When do we get a list of classes etc :confused:
When you get there.

4 Sleeps isn't it?

Yes, for most of you, but its 5 for me, because I'm not getting there till Sunday.

Chef
18th-July-2006, 10:41 AM

I know it is a bit of fun, loads of peole like them and we are making the effort for this one but we do so many weekenders that getting the fancy dress together is a major pain in the neck. So far we have spent two shopping trips and three evening of sewing for a costume that we are only going to be able to wear for 1 hour. The effort that is required is disproportionate to the fun that is had if you are having to come up with a costume on average every three weeks.

There is one local dance organiser that always tries to get his male punters to turn up in dinner suits. I don't bother to go because I would just overheat and so wouldn't be able to dance.

fletch
18th-July-2006, 12:18 PM
I used to hate it when there was a theme, but it can help sometime, i.e. Daventry the theme was pink, so it was easier to shop, at least I knew what colour I was looking for,:waycool: and I get my mom to do all the handy :worthy: work.

the kids will love it.:clap:

littlewiggle
18th-July-2006, 12:24 PM

Well why not go in a 'fancy' dress and that way you can say that you are in 'fancy dress'!

Rhythm King
18th-July-2006, 12:43 PM
There are a number of charity shops and fancy dress shops on the island. There is usually a discount arranged with one of these by BB, especially for the event. The shop in question is normally aware of the theme and gets extra stuff in accordingly.

Its beginning to look like I might not be there til the Sunday either :whistle:

jivecat
18th-July-2006, 04:58 PM
Well why not go in a 'fancy' dress and that way you can say that you are in 'fancy dress'!

Not even going to think about it. I'm going to be on holiday!

TiggsTours
19th-July-2006, 10:14 AM
Its beginning to look like I might not be there til the Sunday either :whistle:
I thought you weren't going at all? :confused: Glad that you are though. :grin:

Not even going to think about it. I'm going to be on holiday!
Have you ever been to a Beach Boogie before? You may regret your decision not to bother! :wink:

Gojive
19th-July-2006, 10:48 AM
Much better signs for next week now, with the hot weather set to return after the weekend's slight cooling.

Have a great time :waycool:

I can't go :tears: :tears:

fletch
19th-July-2006, 11:02 AM
Much better signs for next week now, with the hot weather set to return after the weekend's slight cooling.

I would like it to be dry but cloudy, so I won't want to sit in the sun,:blush: and will participate in all the fun :clap:

fletch
19th-July-2006, 11:03 AM
3 Sleeps

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rhythm King
19th-July-2006, 12:07 PM
I thought you weren't going at all? :confused: Glad that you are though. :grin:

Well that's what happens when it's a hidden poll :wink: Couldn't miss all that West Coast instruction! I just hope people actually get off their a$$es and go to the classes this year. Ten plus men over in class on what is a relatively gender-balanced event - what's that all about?

[grumpy old man mode=on](I guess that's what happens when a dance camp becomes a family holiday :rolleyes: )[/grumpy old man]

fletch
19th-July-2006, 12:53 PM
I just hope people actually get off their a$$es and go to the classes this year.

i don't I don't normally do any classes, it will depend on the weather I suspect.:blush:

Chef
19th-July-2006, 01:30 PM
i don't I don't normally do any classes,:

Thanks for the warning. I guess it will be a bit pointless anyone trying to dance West Coast Swing, ballroom or latin american, blues or any of the other dances taught by the excellent teachers there with you because you won't have been to the classes.

There are no classes between 12:30pm and 4pm so that should be enough sunshine time to top up a tan.

Still there is always MJ.

fletch
19th-July-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the warning. I guess it will be a bit pointless anyone trying to dance West Coast Swing, ballroom or latin american, blues or any of the other dances taught by the excellent teachers there with you because you won't have been to the classes.

There are no classes between 12:30pm and 4pm so that should be enough sunshine time to top up a tan.

Still there is always MJ.

Ok, ok, i'll do some classes :really:

I need to get out of the sun anyway, before i shrivel away:sick:

Gojive
19th-July-2006, 01:59 PM
I would like it to be dry but cloudy, so I won't want to sit in the sun,:blush: and will participate in all the fun :clap:

Hmmm....at the moment, Saturday is looking the best bet for cloud....unfortunately, it's as a result of some possible thunderstorms :really:

I'll know a bit more on this tomorrow.

fletch
19th-July-2006, 02:06 PM
possible thunderstorms :really:

Something else to pack, rain mac's, umbrellas, phew! I will need a trailer at this rate :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
19th-July-2006, 02:20 PM
Something else to pack, rain mac's, umbrellas, phew! I will need a trailer at this rate :rolleyes:
Ah yes, welcome to the wonderful world of packing for Beach Boogie! Don't forget your water pistols - no really - don't forget your water pistols!!

(And a fridge is usually a good idea :whistle: )

Gojive
19th-July-2006, 02:39 PM

OK, here's a trailer for you...

"Coming soon, to a beach near you, it's beeeeeach booooogie!!!!"

:na:

TiggsTours
19th-July-2006, 02:41 PM

Ok, ok, i'll do some classes :really:
Its my holiday, I'll do some classes if and when I want to, and not because I'm pressured into it by some bloke just because there's a few guys over in the class! We end up with women over in the class ALL THE TIME, on the rare occassion its the other way round, tough, now you have a slight idea what its like for us!

And as for guys not dancing with me if I haven't done the class, yeah right, like that's going to happen, when the freestyles on in the evening, and there's a shortage of women, is any guy going to not ask some girl to dance because she didn't do the class that afternoon?

I will do classes, but only because I want to!

fletch
19th-July-2006, 02:57 PM
I will do classes, but only because I want to!

oooooer! :rofl:

I keep moaning to chef that i want to improve my dancing, and then i don't do any classes,:what: so i think it was just a gentle reminder if I want to improve I need to do 'em.:whistle:

But good point:D

fletch
19th-July-2006, 03:02 PM
Ah yes, welcome to the wonderful world of packing for Beach Boogie! Don't forget your water pistols - no really - don't forget your water pistols!!

OOOOOOO good idea :D

i'll get my kids to shoot you, then you can be an official Victor Meldrew (I don't believe it) :na: :wink:

TiggsTours
19th-July-2006, 03:15 PM
I keep moaning to chef that i want to improve my dancing, and then i don't do any classes,:what: so i think it was just a gentle reminder if I want to improve I need to do 'em.:whistle:
Oh well, in that case

Do some classes!

Chef
19th-July-2006, 03:48 PM
oooooer! :rofl:

But good point:D

Hi Tiggs. It was more of a Fletch specific comment than a general one. There have been a number of times when Flectch has talked about wanting to improve her dancing and then in the next breath breezed on about not going to any of the classes over a weekender. This has been met by me with a "well meet me halfway, at least go to the classes and give me a fighting chance".

I do know that it is your holiday and you can have it your way. But there are choices and consequences. Miss the class and you are unable to do the dance - but you can get a great tan. Go to the class, be able to do the dance but the tan will suffer. Beach boogie fortunately has outdoor classes so you could be able to do the class and get the tan at the same time.

Over the last weekend I had a number of partners at a WCS/Jango/MJ event who said they would like to dance WCS and then, when it became apparent that they didin't have the first idea how to and hadn't been to any classes said "just lead me". Un huh, it doesn't work like that you have to have gone to the classes.

straycat
19th-July-2006, 04:07 PM
Over the last weekend I had a number of partners at a WCS/Jango/MJ event who said they would like to dance WCS and then, when it became apparent that they didin't have the first idea how to and hadn't been to any classes said "just lead me". Un huh, it doesn't work like that you have to have gone to the classes.

To continue the digression, this reminds me ... when I first encountered Lindy, and was persuaded to try it, my naive assumption was that it was just another dance, different moves, different footwork maybe, but apart from that exactly the same principles as MJ...

Got that one wrong then :really:

And I don't think I progressed very much until I'd shed that preconception.

I do wonder how many other people make that kind of assumption, about Lindy, about WCS, about Tango... probably quote a few.

fletch
19th-July-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Tiggs. It was more of a Fletch specific comment than a general one. There have been a number of times when Flectch has talked about wanting to improve her dancing and then in the next breath breezed on about not going to any of the classes over a weekender. This has been met by me with a "well meet me halfway, at least go to the classes and give me a fighting chance".

I know, you are right :blush:

I feel like I have had a good telling off now :sad: :wink:

Anyway if I get any browner (don't think there is such a word) i will look like an old wrinkeld prune,:eek: no comments please.:rofl:

I intended to do the WCS classes all along.:whistle: (honest) :na:

Lynn
19th-July-2006, 04:15 PM
To continue the digression, this reminds me ... when I first encountered Lindy, and was persuaded to try it, my naive assumption was that it was just another dance, different moves, different footwork maybe, but apart from that exactly the same principles as MJ...

Got that one wrong then :really:

And I don't think I progressed very much until I'd shed that preconception.

I do wonder how many other people make that kind of assumption, about Lindy, about WCS, about Tango... probably quote a few.Definitely not about Tango. I don't think anyone would after the first 10 mins of walking...

TiggsTours
19th-July-2006, 04:26 PM

I do know that it is your holiday and you can have it your way. But there are choices and consequences. Miss the class and you are unable to do the dance - but you can get a great tan. Go to the class, be able to do the dance but the tan will suffer. Beach boogie fortunately has outdoor classes so you could be able to do the class and get the tan at the same time.

Absolutely, but seeing as the WCS classes are the only ones that I think will interest me, and even then only slightly, I doubt I'll be in many classes.

I'm going to BB Jive for the sun, the company, the relaxing, the fun and games and the evening freestyle, I'll be going to BB Lindy to do classes! (Well, when I'm not working that is).

straycat
19th-July-2006, 04:38 PM
Definitely not about Tango. I don't think anyone would after the first 10 mins of walking...
You might be surprised. We have a guy up here that we've dubbed 'The Tango Moose' - his attitude to it beggars belief. Another (long) rant for another day and a different thread.

But I was mainly thinking of people's attitudes before they start doing lessons. How long that lasts depends on the dance, the person (and the lessons themselves)

Stray

fletch
19th-July-2006, 04:39 PM
- don't forget your water pistols!!

(And a fridge is usually a good idea :whistle: )

Thanks RK the children have just come home and we have now

decided we need NEW water pistols, better go shopping then.:really:

HO, and just to say

I'M GOING TO DO SOME CLASSES

:rofl:

jivecat
19th-July-2006, 05:37 PM
some possible thunderstorms :really:

Yes, yes! I need rain! But only in Leicester. (My seedlings are wilting.)

fletch
19th-July-2006, 05:38 PM
Yes, yes! I need rain! But only in Leicester. (My seedlings are wilting.)

I know what will happen to my flowers next week, I suppose they will die:tears:

jivecat
19th-July-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm going to have to start packing in a minute. Assuming that I'll have to have a day and an evening set of clothes for each day, (normal weekender requirements) plus extras to cover all those little mishaps, I figure I'll need one hell of a lot of clothes. Even without the fancy dress.

Usually at the seaside I just wear one set of clothes, shorts & t-shirt, basically, for the entire week, as all the normal, tedious rules that govern my existence get blown away on the sea breeze. OK, maybe they get washed once or twice. Is this what happens at BB? Or will people be taking their glam wear, travel irons, Carmen rollers, coordinated underwear, matching dance shoes, spare tights and entire jewellery collection?

Lynn
20th-July-2006, 12:36 AM
Or will people be taking their glam wear, travel irons, Carmen rollers, coordinated underwear, matching dance shoes, spare tights and entire jewellery collection?Sorry to digress, not going to Beach Boogie (wish I was!) - but never thought of co-ordinating my underwear and my dance shoes. Must give that a try. Not quite sure in what circumstances I would get to show evidence of said matching items, but you never know...:wink: :innocent: :devil:

Hope you all have a fab week.

fletch
20th-July-2006, 07:56 AM
will people be taking their glam wear, travel irons, Carmen rollers, coordinated underwear, matching dance shoes, spare tights and entire jewellery collection?

Need you ask :na:

I don't ware tights, my legs are brown, so lots more room in the case (not):eek:

and i'm tacking my big iron if anyone wants to lend it, I carn't get on with them small travel one's:blush:

2 Sleeps

Cruella
20th-July-2006, 07:59 AM
Usually at the seaside I just wear one set of clothes, shorts & t-shirt, basically, for the entire week, as all the normal, tedious rules that govern my existence get blown away on the sea breeze. OK, maybe they get washed once or twice. Is this what happens at BB? Or will people be taking their glam wear, travel irons, Carmen rollers, coordinated underwear, matching dance shoes, spare tights and entire jewellery collection?
Most people were dressed casually during the day, shorts and Tshirts will be ideal. But you may want a couple of extra sets, you'll need to have some dry ones to change into! :whistle: (Pesky water pistols :D )

Thanks RK the children have just come home and we have now decided we need NEW water pistols, better go shopping then.
Make sure they hold a few gallons of water and eject it at the rate of a fire hose or you'll be a sitting duck! I saw some mean weapons there! :D

fletch
20th-July-2006, 08:16 AM
Make sure they hold a few gallons of water and eject it at the rate of a fire hose or you'll be a sitting duck! I saw some mean weapons there! :D

Thanks for that :D

But I think I will be a sitting duck whatever :sick:

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that :D

But I think I will be a sitting duck whatever :sick:
Only if you don't do the classes! :devil:

BTW Tiggs, it wasn't you I was having a go at, but I think Chef has hit the nail on the head for me, to some extent:

Over the last weekend I had a number of partners at a WCS/Jango/MJ event who said they would like to dance WCS and then, when it became apparent that they didn't have the first idea how to and hadn't been to any classes said "just lead me". Un huh, it doesn't work like that you have to have gone to the classes.

For the record, there are certain classes I want to go to (I just hope they don't clash :eek: ), but I certainly don't intend to be in class at every session. There's all that other stuff going on... Having said that, after last year I was somewhat ambivalent about going this time, until I saw the teaching line-up and that's what convinced me I had to go.

fletch
21st-July-2006, 08:03 AM
1 more sleep

see you all tomorrow

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Better start packing

TiggsTours
21st-July-2006, 09:27 AM
BTW Tiggs, it wasn't you I was having a go at, but I think Chef has hit the nail on the head for me, to some extent:

Over the last weekend I had a number of partners at a WCS/Jango/MJ event who said they would like to dance WCS and then, when it became apparent that they didn't have the first idea how to and hadn't been to any classes said "just lead me". Un huh, it doesn't work like that you have to have gone to the classes.

You're both right in that, and I couldn't agree more, but, if the style of dance doesn't appeal to me, or they are doing a very basic beginners class, and I've already done a fair bit and I'm not going to get anything out of the class, then I'd rather relax in the sun, go into town, go down the beach, have a lie in! Whatever I fancy! I'm not going to do classes that don't appeal to me just because there are 3 or 4 extra guys in the class!

Heather
30th-July-2006, 10:30 PM
I've been looking for the thread about Beach Boogie but can't find it, so apologies if it's still there!
I was just wondering how it all went- I believe there was going to be lots of West Coast Swing ? What was the verdict, anyone?
Too jet lagged after the journey home from Melbourne to attempt a half week, so I need to hear about it!!

Heather

Heather
31st-July-2006, 09:12 AM
I've been looking for the thread about Beach Boogie but can't find it, so apologies if it's still there!
I was just wondering how it all went- I believe there was going to be lots of West Coast Swing ? What was the verdict, anyone?
Too jet lagged after the journey home from Melbourne to attempt a half week, so I need to hear about it!!

Heather
:rofl: :rofl: Obviously more jet lagged than I thought !!
I couldn't find this last night - thanks to the Moderator ( probably Sheena)

Come on then you lot - spill the beans!!!:wink:

Heather

fletch
31st-July-2006, 09:54 AM
WOW

It was FAB I will try and post some photo's later.

Its one thing doing a weekend and another doing a week.

animaltalk
31st-July-2006, 03:21 PM
Fabulous:clap:

Great classes: Ballroom, Jango, WCS,Swing, Lindy, Blues
Challenged and immersed in dancing for a whole and fantastic weather.
Lots of sunbathing and swimming, BBQs, sandcastle building.

Feeling very sleepy now

NTV x

fletch
31st-July-2006, 03:43 PM
Animaltalk, was the winner of the Blues Comp along with his partner Sharon, I think?
What a performance:worthy:

So lets not hide are light under a bushel (east):what:

East won most of the competitions.:really:

My children along with, Di's grandchildren won the Sandcastle comp.:clap:

Its a knock out was won by Andy for Exeter, Roy from Manchester Trevor form Ipswich the 4 children and myself.:clap:

Fancy dress was won by Ben (east):clap:

Dancing could be a bit slow in the evenings but it was fantastic holiday and I have booked for next year.:cheers:

Chef and commies chef's costumes were fab, loved the boots Dawn.

fletch
31st-July-2006, 03:53 PM
Winning Pigs

Winning pupets

and one of many custard pies

fletch
31st-July-2006, 04:00 PM
Barn dance

and the veiw from my fornt door

Chef
31st-July-2006, 04:47 PM
Beach Boogie Review

I had a great time overall. As usual, the food was nothing to write home about. The lessons were just great, but there didn’t seem that much MJ lessons for something that advertised itself as a Jive event. Personally I am not complaining about that because I have done MJ for quite a while and really like being able to do other stuff but others may have felt short changed due to the light MJ content.

There was a WCS course aimed at fast beginners that was thorough and well taught. There were quite a few experienced WCS dancers in the class who were keen to both keep on top of their dance foundations as well as helping out those that were experiencing it for the first time. James Mclaughlin also taught some WCS and this was much faster paced and assumed that he was dealing with people with a good WCS foundation. James raucous and irreverent teaching during the week was good value in the humour stakes but the teaching was also spot on.

Hannes and Amy taught cha cha and rumba with the attention to detail that I have come to love. Great teaching and very entertaining.

Amir and Cats Jango classes introduced most of the content of moves within the first lesson and in subsequent lessons introduced the detail needed to make the move work well both from the lead and follow point of view. They did seem a bit slow at times but the wisdom of his approach was obvious by the end of the series of lessons. The major upside is that now I have a partner that is enthusiastic about Argentine Tango rather than one that was going along just because I wanted to do it. A very major result.

I also did the line dancing classes. I take back all my preconceptions about line dancing. It is intense in its energy and musicality and teaches individual dance foundations very well. I now know why so many good dancers on SDF have a line dancing background (true as well for Cat and Lee).

In short the teaching over the week was of the highest level that I have come across.

The kids were fully engaged in dancing and activities over the whole week and even those few children that were there for the first time (and initially reluctant) were quickly of the view that this holiday was the coolest thing they had ever done. I will have to let Fletch give you a more detailed review of the kids programme. Suffice to say that most of the kids places for next year were booked up before people left the camp this year.

I didn’t do the afternoon activities (sandcastles, it’s a knockout) because I spent the afternoons sleeping to catch up on the 4 hour sleep a night that I had.

The evening cabaret events were just top notch. The teachers cabarets featured some of the best cabarets I have seen (no mean feat). The teachers panto at the end of the week dragged out a bit long but had many side splittingly funny bits. I am sure that when James Mclaughlin found himself dressed as Kermit the frog with a huge foam pole down one trouser leg he must have wondered about the small print in his contract.

Downsides.

Apart from the Blues night there wasn’t one evening where I really enjoyed the music all night. I am sorry but Russel Payne just doesn’t do it for me with his forays into 70s and 80s music but I know at least one person (Fletch) that thrives on it. A number of people told me that they didn’t like the music at various times and I just told them to tell the DJ because if you don’t express an opinion then the DJ couldn’t take a consensus into account. I would liked to music to become more bluesy earlier in the evening (ie long before 3:30am).

Another thing that happened was that a lot of women (my partner included) complained bitterly that they were finding it hard to find dances. I did find this hard to understand because of the people sitting out there always seemed to be about an equal number of men and women so all they had to do was ask each other to dance. My partner did feel that she had to do all the asking and found this very wearing and left in a bad mood at about 1am one night (I was still having a good time and ended up having a fantastic dance with littlewiggle to “mannish boy”).

Mixed blessings

I asked Nina for a dance. Most things went well but in the Xenon bright glare of her hyper accurate following some things went wrong to the point where I cringed inside. I am sure that when I recover from the post traumatic dance disorder then I will gain benefit from the experience.

I also had two blues dances with Rena. I seem to be able to lead using the musicality of a chosen instrument within the music but I swear Rena can interpret different parts of the music with her feet, knees, hips, shoulders and head – all at the same time. If she sweeps her hair away from her ears I am sure that her ears will be interpreting something else in the music.

I would like to do Beach Boogie again. I would like to do it 4 days on and 4 days rest – for about three months.

straycat
31st-July-2006, 05:07 PM
Mixed blessings

I asked Nina for a dance. Most things went well but in the Xenon bright glare of her hyper accurate following some things went wrong to the point where I cringed inside. I am sure that when I recover from the post traumatic dance disorder then I will gain benefit from the experience.

Nina's told me a few times that she'd rather dance with a beginner who barely knew two moves, but who was prepared to experiment and have fun than someone who was out to impress - so if it's any consolation, I'm guessing she didn't mind in the slightest.

I also had two blues dances with Rena. I seem to be able to lead using the musicality of a chosen instrument within the music but I swear Rena can interpret different parts of the music with her feet, knees, hips, shoulders and head – all at the same time. If she sweeps her hair away from her ears I am sure that her ears will be interpreting something else in the music.

... and it's a safe bet that said ears won't be interpreting the same part ...

Dreadful Scathe
31st-July-2006, 05:15 PM
The lessons were just great, but there didn’t seem that much MJ lessons for something that advertised itself as a Jive event.

Wel it is advertised at "Jivers" I suppose but it does say (in the blurb) that Beach Boogie is aimed at -
Any fun loving Modern Jive dancers who wish to broaden their horizons of dance - which suggests you're not going to get much in the way of Jive Classes.

ianmate
4th-August-2006, 06:19 PM
Most fun I've had at Beach Boogie for a few years (I've done all but two of them) but that must have been down to the company and my new best chum Fletch ;-)

I've bunged up some snap-happy shots on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/iangorkorogers/sets/72157594222718526/) but I'm sure there's better stuff on the official DVD etc.

fletch
5th-August-2006, 03:13 AM
but that must have been down to the company and my new best chum Fletch ;-)

I had a great time thank you :D

Anyway I didn't realise you were pals with my mate WittyBird :innocent:

WittyBird
5th-August-2006, 03:16 AM
Anyway I didn't realise you were pals with my mate WittyBird :innocent:

:rofl: I have been dancing with Ian for ages :D

fletch
5th-August-2006, 03:43 AM
:rofl: I have been dancing with Ian for ages :D

We are talking about grumpy Ian ? :wink:

Not really Ian, luv ya :D

Commis Chef
6th-August-2006, 09:21 PM
6359Here is a photo of me and Chef on the puppet theme night dressed as Captain Scarlet and Destiny Angel.

I spent five evenings making these costumes- how about that for dedication?

fletch
7th-August-2006, 08:19 AM
I spent five evenings making these costumes- how about that for dedication?

They were Fab,:respect: and can I have those boot when you have finished with 'em:D

Hevmate
8th-August-2006, 11:11 AM
Beach Boogie Review

I didn’t do the afternoon activities (sandcastles, it’s a knockout) because I spent the afternoons sleeping to catch up on the 4 hour sleep a night that I had.

and there was me searching the whole thread to see what people think of the afternoon activities and ya go and sleep through them !!!
D'ya know how long they take to organise :cool: :D

Chef
8th-August-2006, 11:24 AM
and there was me searching the whole thread to see what people think of the afternoon activities and ya go and sleep through them !!!

Sorry Hev. I am need 7 hours sleep a day to be able to function properly. Beach Boogie is a long haul event and I just can't survive for the whole week If I did everything that was on offer (because there was something going on 24 hours a day). Something had to give before I did.

On a weekender I can get in a few early nights before the event, hold off on the sleeping during the event and then catch up afterwards. We just can't do that for a whole week. Even with our strategy we still needed two 13 hour nights to be in a state to face work on the Monday.

I guess we are just Beach Boogie lightweights really.

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 11:24 AM
Almost as long as cling-filming a very wriggly someone to a football post and smothering them in custard pies, I should imagine :whistle:

Hevmate
8th-August-2006, 11:29 AM
The only other person to get such treatment was a very nasty man indeed. I had been requested by many people on the camp to pie him mercylessly (is that how you spell it ?) anyway , it was my birthday!!! and I get tortured! most folk get presents and a birthday dance , I get lobbed in the sea and pied... not fair!...spose it's the price I pay for turning up.

Hope you had fun ..apart from that.

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 11:32 AM
The only other person to get such treatment was a very nasty man indeed. I had been requested by many people on the camp to pie him mercylessly (is that how you spell it ?) anyway , it was my birthday!!! and I get tortured! most folk get presents and a birthday dance , I get lobbed in the sea and pied... not fair!...spose it's the price I pay for turning up.

Hope you had fun ..apart from that.
Actually I had fun - including that!!:devil: :rofl: :flower:

Hevmate
8th-August-2006, 11:36 AM
rat bag.... hang on .. are the the Danny la Rue bloke?

straycat
8th-August-2006, 11:36 AM
The only other person to get such treatment was a very nasty man indeed. I had been requested by many people on the camp to pie him mercylessly (is that how you spell it ?)

Was that this time? Or was that - ooooh - around the 2001 mark?

Stray
PS - it's 'mercilessly'

fletch
8th-August-2006, 04:10 PM
The only other person to get such treatment was a very nasty man indeed.

Only one thing to say on that

SPEDO ?

:confused:

Hevmate
8th-August-2006, 04:19 PM
heh heh .... purple flag did fly:rofl:
God Bless young Josh:worthy:

fletch
8th-August-2006, 05:36 PM
heh heh .... purple flag did fly:rofl:
God Bless young Josh:worthy:

Thats why the word

SPEDO

was in purple

Tessalicious
11th-February-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi all, sorry for thread bump, but just need to find something out from you lovely people. Have the DVDs for BB been sent out yet? My dad has still not received his, despite paying for it whilst there, and he's wondering what might have happened?

Info on here or by PM would be nice, from organisers or from anyone that knows. Ta.

Almost an Angel
12th-February-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi all, sorry for thread bump, but just need to find something out from you lovely people. Have the DVDs for BB been sent out yet? My dad has still not received his, despite paying for it whilst there, and he's wondering what might have happened?

Info on here or by PM would be nice, from organisers or from anyone that knows. Ta.

Hi Tess
As far as I'm aware they haven't come out yet. I was discussing this with a few people about a week ago and none of them have received them yet either.
No idea when it will come out - it's normally a running joke as to how long it takes to produce - but previously it has been before Christmas.
Best bet is to email Andy (andy@jumpnjive.co.uk) or PM Hevmate and ask for an update.
Angel xx

fletch
12th-February-2007, 11:05 AM
They were supposed to come out a few weeks ago :rolleyes:

still no news it just helps to keep people informed even if there is no new at least you don't feel forgotten :(