PDA

View Full Version : Live band...

CJ
8th-March-2003, 01:35 PM
Just thinking aloud here....

Anyone fancy having a band @ a Ceroc party night? Made up from Cerocers/staff?

I know I play, Lorna plays, Franck plays... there must be a few players of sorts good enough to do a one off party.

Obviously, we know the appropriate tempos, favourites, tracks to avoid, etc...

Would there be enough interest to get this idea off the ground?

Any thoughts? Is this thread in the right bit? Chit chat perhaps? Dunno.

CJ
18th-March-2003, 02:39 AM
I'll take that as a no then?!?!?!?!?!?

John S
18th-March-2003, 11:12 AM
Hadn't noticed this thread before, sorry. I'm ok with live music, so if you're good enough to play as a band, then fine, why not?

What I don't think would be sensible would be for you to set yourselves up to be something you're not (ie a regular on-the-road band). To have enough tracks rehearsed to play for a couple of hours would demand a lot of preparation time on your part, but maybe you could just do a few tracks as part of the evening?

Anyway, it's up to our esteemed party organisers, not me.

TheTramp
18th-March-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey, I'll join in. I'm great on the spoons.

Or a comb with a bit of paper.

I can even play the triangle....

Steve

CJ
18th-March-2003, 01:05 PM
Steve,

we all know you play the spoon very well!!!:wink:

Will
18th-March-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Steve,

we all know you play the spoon very well!!!:wink:

I heard he was pretty handy with a knife & fork too. :grin:

TheTramp
18th-March-2003, 01:48 PM
Will...

It's not true.

I'm good with forks. But they won't let me have knives. Or pens. Or anything like that..... :what:

Steve

Stuart M
18th-March-2003, 02:08 PM
Anyone fancy having a band @ a Ceroc party night? Made up from Cerocers/staff?

I know I play, Lorna plays, Franck plays... there must be a few players of sorts good enough to do a one off party.

I'm intrigued as to what name you'd give this band.

Given your and Franck's presence (and the whole Ceroc thing), I'd suggest The Combs :D

CJ
18th-March-2003, 03:18 PM
That hurts.

The vent brushes, maybe...

Aleks
18th-March-2003, 04:24 PM
Is back-combing allowed??

Wendy
18th-March-2003, 05:45 PM
I think it would be great !!! Go for it guys !!

...Franckie Comb and the Blow Dryers.... I see it now !!!

Wx

Stuart M
18th-March-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
...Franckie Comb and the Blow Dryers.... I see it now !!!

...image of Franck in Elvis jumpsuit sporting a Huge quiff, giving it laldy with the mike stand posing, springs to mind...:what::grin:

John S
18th-March-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Depends how hairy one's back is.:sick:

Dr. Feelgood
20th-March-2003, 12:55 AM
Been a bit 'inactive' recently and only just seen this - but I'd play

bigdjiver
20th-March-2003, 01:55 AM
I have attended, a few years back, a Modern Jive dance held in a marqee with a live band made up mostly of Cerocers. Despite the temporary floor it was a very memorable and enjoyable experience.

I like going to jam sessions and pub gigs, although they come second to Ceroc in any contest. I would love to get live music back together with dancing. The bands draw mainly male audiences, and Ceroc mainly female. There could be a happy union. I have tried recruiting for each at the other, and so far drawn a 100% blank.

The one time I recognised a Ceroc Lady at a gig and asked her to dance, she refused. Shortly after her friend asked me. My big chance to impress my muso friends died instantly when I discovered that she was drunk. The calamity was exacerbated by the fact that the band went distinctly out of sync. It transpired that the lead guitarist was her boyfriend.

CJ
20th-March-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

My dear big bird...

You know my thoughts on this matter!!!!!!!!!!!!

In summation, we have:

Lorna: piano, drums, voice
Tim: bass, gtr,
Me: gtr, bass, drums, voice
DR. F: gtr (anything else????)

So, 2 drums, 3 gtr, 2 bass, and 1 piano...

A 1 hr set, all cerocable, different set-ups, piece of cake...

Any other cerocers interested? Staff/crew get first shout...

Dr. Feelgood
20th-March-2003, 10:02 AM
Gtr, bass, drums - tho prefer guitar

What's happened to Dance Demon + voice, I wonder

Lou
20th-March-2003, 10:48 AM
Any other cerocers interested? Staff/crew get first shout...
Pah! You're so biased! What about us non-Ceroc, non "staff/crew" (whatever that means!) people?

Pah. I didn't want to be in your lousy band anyway. :na: :na: :na:

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 11:01 AM
Steve: Keyboards, Voice

:D

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 12:16 PM
Will you need girlies in the background in matching outfits doing shoop shoops and getting gratuitous cleavage shots on camera?

There will be TV cameras for such a momentous event won't there?:waycool:

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 12:22 PM
Will you need girlies in the background in matching outfits doing shoop shoops and getting gratuitous cleavage shots on camera?Yes please. :grin: :drool:

Steve

Aleks
20th-March-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Yes please. :grin: :drool:

Steve

Do we need to audition for this?
What are the criteria necessary to get through :wink: ?

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 12:59 PM
can I predict that Steve will be in quick as a flash with the answer

"turn up"

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 01:00 PM
Turn up.

(I'd hate to disappoint). :rolleyes: :D

Steve

Franck
26th-March-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
...image of Franck in Elvis jumpsuit sporting a Huge quiff, giving it laldy with the mike stand posing, springs to mind...:what::grin: Hey, you've seen my latest outfit for the party??? :wink:

Joking aside, I would be happy to take part if the project gets off the ground. It certainly would be a laugh, and who knows, we might even be pretty good :wink:

I'm mostly guitar / vocal, but happy to dabble in anything :D

Franck.

Dance Demon
26th-March-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood
Gtr, bass, drums - tho prefer guitar

What's happened to Dance Demon + voice, I wonder

I'd be happy to oblige if needed :cool:

Stuart M
27th-March-2003, 10:48 AM
...image of Franck in Elvis jumpsuit sporting a Huge quiff, giving it laldy with the mike stand posing, springs to mind...:what: :wink:
Originally posted by Franck
Hey, you've seen my latest outfit for the party??? :wink: IIRC, the Big Night in Perth is happening fairly close to the Elvis' anniversary (August 16th).

So you've got over 4 months to find a jumpsuit, get the band (Elvis Pauly and the Combs :D ) rehearsing A Little Less Conversation, and even grow a real quiff...:waycool:

Franck
27th-March-2003, 11:06 AM
IIRC, the Big Night in Perth is happening fairly close to the Elvis' anniversary (August 16th).

So you've got over 4 months to find a jumpsuit, get the band (Elvis Pauly and the Combs :D ) rehearsing A Little Less Conversation, and even grow a real quiff...:waycool: Now you're talking... :D

I was talking to Ceroc Jock last night, and we might give the whole thing a go! :waycool:

Maybe another showcase for the big August Perth bash...

Franck.

Wendy
27th-March-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Will you need girlies in the background in matching outfits doing shoop shoops and getting gratuitous cleavage shots on camera?

There will be TV cameras for such a momentous event won't there?:waycool:

I see none of the band have taken you up on that... pity... it could have been the ChickFlicks or something.. Bananarama meets the Blues Brothers (sisters!) dressed up as school girls type thing.....

Never mind, Chicklet, let's just buy ourselves an Early Learning Centre karioke (sp??) machine and some Leonidas !!

Wx

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi Wendy,

I think my new best e-male (ha ha I'm soooo funny) friend Steve liked it but the rest are obviously eight years old and don't play with girls cos they're smelly.

Which is a pity really cos I've just found a place that sells fine (read classy) fishnet stockings and I've never had a chance to wear them with my blazer as you say......

oh well.

you're on for chock and karioke (copying your sp cos don't know!!!) and bit of shimmy in front of the mirror to Da Doo Ron Ron?

C

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 10:12 AM

I think my new best e-male (ha ha I'm soooo funny) friend Steve liked it ......you're on for chock and karioke (copying your sp cos don't know!!!) and bit of shimmy in front of the mirror to Da Doo Ron Ron?

C

Sounds great !!! And since Steve is our chum he can come and play and finish the night off with a double trouble !!!

Wx

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 10:17 AM
excellent, you've made me grin at my poor employees who are looking at me as if I had two heads and / or are up to someting suspicious!

Pity Steve's pretending he's working and not chatting yet this morning still eh??

:D

still my favourite smiley.

PS gave B (gentle) pelters last night and he got off the phone by saying his mother was at the door - a likely story eh?

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 10:32 AM
Last time I went to B's house he was wearing a towel ! He asked me in but I ran away instead !!! Too scary !!!! And then there's Fireman Sam - no not kidding !!!

Wx

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 11:56 AM
Hello??

Did someone call?

Double Trouble. Maybe. Would be more fun if you could find a third lady though!! :D

Steve

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Double Trouble. Maybe. Would be more fun if you could find a third lady though!! :D

Sharing you with one other woman is bad enough !!! No way wee chum !!! 2 girls with fishnets and school uniforms is the best I can do !!!

Wx

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 01:22 PM
Well.....Guess I'll have to put up with that then!

It's a hard life, but someone has to do it :D

Steve

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
And then there's Fireman Sam - no not kidding !!!

Just back from a meeting and thought there will be LOADS to read but everybody's sooooo quiet today!!

Don't all the guys have sentinels that tell them when certain words are used - like "uniform" and "fishnet"? My faith in the male population is drifting away - apart from you Steve, obviously.

So, as I have been pondering this all thu the meeting, please expand on the Fireman Sam thing? I understand why Fireman might be appropriate but please tell me this was not what I think it was????????

Cx

Bill
28th-March-2003, 01:48 PM
Don't all the guys have sentinels that tell them when certain words are used - like "uniform" and "fishnet"? My faith in the male population is drifting away - apart from you Steve, obviously.

Cx

Well the rest of us are obviously above 'that kind of thing' and we don't all think about stockings and uniforms all day :rolleyes: :wink:

But now you mention it..............as long as it was you girlies and not Franck and Scot jock..........:what: . If you need someone to help with the rehearsals or comments on the outfits, just give me a shout ! :innocent: :na:

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 01:53 PM
I can't believe it was anything close !!! B has a friend who's a Fireman and his name is Sam - that's all. He fell through the ceiling... it's no big deal really....

Wx

PS It is quiet out there !! All our chaps must be saving their energy for Saturday night ! I was disappointed that Gus didn't start an outrageous thread to get things buzzing... my happy bunny didn't get us anywhere... and as you say if fishnets don't do it... sigh....

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 01:56 PM
:eek:

oh Wendy what do we do now??????????

do we tell Steve we'll meet him behind the bike shed and run off with Bill or is that just too cruel???

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 02:05 PM
:eek:

do we tell Steve we'll meet him behind the bike shed and run off with Bill or is that just too cruel???

I thought you loved Steve !!! How could you !!! And I'd never RUN off with Bill .... I'd go at a much slooowwwweeer pace !!!!!:wink:

And anyway you don't even know if Bill is better than Caramacs yet !!!

Wx

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 02:15 PM
you're right we'll just have to do both on different nights, good job it's a secret and they won't know!!!!!:D

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 02:33 PM
Well your secret is safe. I'm going to have start wearing sunglasses at this rate !!!

Wx

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah. It's lucky that, isn't it!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 02:47 PM
Hmmm rumbled twice in two days!!!

what if we let you watch while we're dancing with Bill?:innocent:

Graham
28th-March-2003, 09:45 PM

PS gave B (gentle) pelters last night and he got off the phone by saying his mother was at the door - a likely story eh?
Don't be too hard on poor B - it was me who guessed your identity. He just told lots of embarrassing stories about you. :devil:

Graham
28th-March-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Well the rest of us are obviously above 'that kind of thing' and we don't all think about stockings and uniforms all day :rolleyes: :wink: No - not all day. Although in your case, would you be thinking about looking at them or wearing them? :devil: :wink:

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Graham
No - not all day. Although in your case, would you be thinking about looking at them or wearing them? :devil: :wink:

Bitchy, Graham !!!!! You'll never get to dance as a girl with that attitude !!!

Wx

CJ
31st-March-2003, 02:01 PM
I think Graham dances like a girl very well.

Wendy
31st-March-2003, 02:06 PM

Well the blouse part is good !!!!

Wx

CJ
31st-March-2003, 02:16 PM
Sorry, Wendy.

My mistake!!

Wendy
31st-March-2003, 02:18 PM
Sorry, Wendy.

My mistake!!

No no I think you were spot on !!!

Wx

Graham
31st-March-2003, 02:27 PM
Good grief! One lousy pedantic vocabulary correction!!! :grin:

CJ
31st-March-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Good grief! One lousy pedantic vocabulary correction!!! :grin:

solicitors don't do that kind of thing do they?

Stuart M
1st-April-2003, 10:25 AM
Taxi for CJ... you cracked the exact same joke about me 6 months ago!
We expect a variety of high-quality humour on this Forum, not the same joke recycled as required. This is unacceptable, you fellow butt-wiggling-avatar-type person you. :wink:

Of course, it could be that CJ sees women when he's looking at men. I think we should be told :eek:

CJ
1st-April-2003, 11:55 AM
It wasn't the case with Graham 6 months ago, but as you are involved in the same cabaret team, I can only suspect he has picked up some of your, em, well, style.:wink:

One must wonder, if the comment was a glib throwaway one, why our W agreed so wholeheartedly!!:D

But, yeah... taxi for me.:rolleyes:

Wendy
1st-April-2003, 12:33 PM

One must wonder, if the comment was a glib throwaway one, why our W agreed so wholeheartedly!!:D

But, yeah... taxi for me.:rolleyes:

Well I am Mrs Just-A-Bit-of-Fun !!! (of course that's why I kept my maiden name !!!)

And all the best dancers dance like girls !!!!!! I mean as girls... I mean ....

Wx

Stuart M
1st-April-2003, 01:15 PM
... I can only suspect he has picked up some of your, em, well, style.:wink:

Shockeroony - I've been accused of having style! OK, sarcastically, but it's a start...

:waycool:

Wendy
1st-April-2003, 02:18 PM
Shockeroony - I've been accused of having style! OK, sarcastically, but it's a start...

:waycool:

And then there's that stuff from The Tramp ... style in 2 threads in one day !!!! You've arrived !!!

Wxxx