PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Swing In Twickenham

jacksondonut
22nd-March-2006, 01:58 PM
We are taking a trip down to Twickenham tonight, to take a look at Cat and Lee's West Coast Swing Class...:clap: (St Margerets I believe)..

Thought we would head off to the big Smoke and check it out. Any comments from anybody who has been and tried it out before us, would be welcome.

Jan
:cheers:

Rhythm King
22nd-March-2006, 02:35 PM
Cat is teaching in Australia with Paul Warden at the moment. Her classes are being covered by World Champion dancer Lee Easton, (sorry Lee, but sometimes you've just got to mention these things! :waycool: ) but I'm not sure who is teaching with him. Who ever it is, you can rely on first class instruction from Lee.

The venue is quite small, but can cope with these classes. See the T-Jive/Jango threads for a full description.

If you're not sure where the venue is, there is a map/descriptions on Amir's site http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com (http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com) or www.westcoastswing.co.uk

R-K

jacksondonut
22nd-March-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info.. enjoyed the classes in Torquay that Lee and Cat took back in January.. I think they are fab.:yeah:

looking forward to it.:yeah:

Msfab
22nd-March-2006, 03:02 PM
We are taking a trip down to Twickenham tonight, to take a look at Cat and Lee's West Coast Swing Class...:clap: (St Margerets I believe)..

Thought we would head off to the big Smoke and check it out. Any comments from anybody who has been and tried it out before us, would be welcome.

Hi Jan

I too will be at WCS tonight. Last week Lee took a fab class without an aid (because he is Fab:rolleyes: ), although this week he was talking about bringing someone with him.
Its a nice cosy venue but theres always space to dance and everyone is really friendly and patient (well they have to be with me!:innocent: ) There is usually a good balance of genders too.

jacksondonut
22nd-March-2006, 03:11 PM
Lookin forward to meeting you... spotted you in the distance at Hammersmith but didnt get the chance to say Hello..

See you later.:flower:
jan:flower:
x

jacksondonut
23rd-March-2006, 10:09 AM
It was well worth the trip down to London... We left Milton Keynes about 6pm and managed to get to the venue about 745pm.. not a bad trip down at all.
We actually found it...:yeah:

Thoroughly enjoyed the WCS class taught by Lee :worthy: (who I think is Fab too)..:drool: People were patient, helpful,very welcoming and friendly. About 25/30 bodies, so not too packed at all. !:yeah:

Great to meet some lovely Forumites.. MSFab, GeordieEd, Keith, Mary and lots of other lovely people too. (apologies if I have missed anyone..:flower: )

They were all so nice. Was able to practice a little after the class and found it to be extremely well taught and do-able, even for a beginner like myself.

We will be going back. May not be able to do it every week... but I am certainly going to try!

Jan

jacksondonut
24th-March-2006, 09:32 AM
:flower: :flower:

just remembered LimpyTink and SpikeyBlonde...!!! thanks for the welcome.. always nice to see familiar faces at a New Venue.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Mary
24th-March-2006, 12:17 PM
You'll have to point out Limpytink to me next time! I am just so bad with names...............:blush: :D

M

Msfab
24th-March-2006, 12:38 PM
You'll have to point out Limpytink to me next time! I am just so bad with names...............:blush: :D

M

Shame on you Mary :devil: - You do know Limpy! She was the one in a nice blue top - Toni!

Mary
24th-March-2006, 01:01 PM
Shame on you Mary :devil: - You do know Limpy! She was the one in a nice blue top - Toni!

You're always telling me off (sniff). :tears:

M

Msfab
24th-March-2006, 02:25 PM
You're always telling me off (sniff). :tears:

M

Not all the time! I :awe: you really!

:flower:

Keith J
24th-March-2006, 02:55 PM
:flower: :flower:

just remembered LimpyTink and SpikeyBlonde...!!! thanks for the welcome.. always nice to see familiar faces at a New Venue.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

well I think I was there as well and almost worht a mention as a long time jiver, only known by reputation as a 'coaster'.... there was I sugar pushing for England

Msfab
24th-March-2006, 03:07 PM
well I think I was there as well and almost worht a mention as a long time jiver, only known by reputation as a 'coaster'.... there was I sugar pushing for England

I think Jan did remember you! Who wouldnt?

Great to meet some lovely Forumites.. MSFab, GeordieEd, Keith, Mary and lots of other lovely people too. (apologies if I have missed anyone..:flower: )

Ok, so she forgot the J, but im sure we can forgive her for that :rolleyes:

Mary
24th-March-2006, 03:10 PM

Ahem. You got a mention several posts back. MsFab is always having a go at me when she's leading. :(

M

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 03:15 PM
Girls sticking together it looks like Keith :rolleyes:

Man-power :grin:

Msfab
24th-March-2006, 03:22 PM
Ahem. You got a mention several posts back. MsFab is always having a go at me when she's leading. :(

M

Noooooo please - I will never have a go at you Mary, as I said I love dancing with you! If anything, I get fustrated with myself for not leading you properly so you end up doing something I wasnt trying to lead! But as they say practice makes perfect and with your help I will get there one day soon I hope. It just shows how wonderful a follower you are - not anticipating!:worthy:

robd
24th-March-2006, 09:59 PM
you end up doing something I wasnt trying to lead!

Pot & kettle Msfab, pot & kettle :wink:

Paul F
24th-March-2006, 10:25 PM
Pot & kettle Msfab, pot & kettle :wink:

:eek:

Oooo, now you've done it Rob.

I hear peru is a nice country to flee to :nice:

Alice
25th-March-2006, 01:30 AM
Cat is teaching in Australia with Paul Warden at the moment.
Yeah, we've stolen them both away!! Ner ner. They're doing a workshop as I write this... very droolworthy:)

Rhythm King
25th-March-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we've stolen them both away!! Ner ner. They're doing a workshop as I write this... very droolworthy:)
:confused: You're writing a post at a workshop??

jacksondonut
25th-March-2006, 02:59 PM

I mentioned you I think up above as Keith. Just forget the J, sorry. Lovely to meet you on Wednesday too:flower: :flower:

Jan

Jeremy
27th-March-2006, 03:05 AM
:confused: You're writing a post at a workshop??

While she should be packing to head to UK.

Workshop was awesome :D

Looking forward to Jordan and Tatiana in May :cool:

Alice
27th-March-2006, 04:06 AM
While she should be packing to head to UK.

Workshop was awesome :D

Yeah, I was *supposed* to have been packing. didn't happen though:(
Nothing like doing things at the last minute:sick:

I will certainly be hunting them both down in London though!! :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
28th-March-2006, 02:35 PM
Well... we are heading off down to Twickers tomorrow night for WCS with Lee so I am really looking forward to that.. anyone else going to join us?? :flower: :flower:

So enjoyed last week that it is well worth the journey. (we didnt get home till 1.30am last week......!!!) :whistle: :whistle: :yeah:

Jan
x

Keith J
28th-March-2006, 06:31 PM
Happy happy days the understated Lee Easton :respect: steps int the breach of Cat as she goes down.........to Oz, to teach our Bruce's & Sheila's some of the finest WCS.
Rumour has it that several other runaways from Ceroc Surrey are also sporting some sun block in Sydney.
Sounds like quite a posse gang, whose for Atlanta and Liberty Swing?:yum:

jacksondonut
30th-March-2006, 02:48 PM
[I]Had another fab night in Twickenham again... thoroughly enjoyed the class, though struggling a bit....:confused: I am determined to keep going though as its brilliant..:clap::clap:

Thank everyone there last night for your patience and humour..:flower: [:flower: :flower:] you are all lovely...... you know who you are..

looking forward to meeting Mr Cordoba next wednesday, if I got my info right.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ps.. anyone spot a creamy sleeveless jacket with a furry hood... I think I may have left it behind last night....:sad:

Limpy Tink
30th-March-2006, 09:46 PM
[I]Had another fab night in Twickenham again... thoroughly enjoyed the class,

:tears: :tears: :tears: I didn't get to Lee's class - ran out of time (chatting on the phone - SF will do anything to get out of practising his WC!) :whistle:

See you Sat? :flower:

Limpy Tink
30th-March-2006, 09:50 PM

M

I'm sorry Mary - I just assumed you knew - TONI. :hug:

??Spikeyblonde - could that be Sheila, by any chance??:nice:

Cruella
30th-March-2006, 10:03 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: I didn't get to Lee's class - ran out of time (chatting on the phone - SF will do anything to get out of practising his WC!) :whistle:

:clap: Yeh,Toni you coming to Oxford? Cool

??Spikeyblonde - could that be Sheila, by any chance??
Yep! Names a bit of a giveaway.

jacksondonut
31st-March-2006, 09:09 AM

You certainly will!! Really looking forward to it.. just getting over a migraine.. but I imagine I will be ready for a good night out on Saturday... WHOOPEEEE.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

jacksondonut
3rd-April-2006, 10:12 AM
Looking forward to Wednesday already..:flower:

Yeah, I know its only Monday... see you all soon..:clap:

:yeah: :yeah:

Amir
3rd-April-2006, 12:15 PM
Looking forward to Wednesday already..:flower:

Yeah, I know its only Monday... see you all soon..:clap:

Robert Cordoba is teaching the class this Wednesday so it should be a good one and it shouldn't be a bad one, shouldn't it.

I heard the workshop at Oxford was pretty inspiring - did any of you guys go?

jacksondonut
3rd-April-2006, 12:18 PM
Robert Cordoba is teaching the class this Wednesday so it should be a good one and it shouldn't be a bad one, shouldn't it.

I heard the workshop at Oxford was pretty inspiring - did any of you guys go?

Wasnt able to go during the day to the workshop, more's the pity, but heard it was rather good... maybe i will make it next time..

Had a lovely time in the evening though.. really good atmosphere and sooo laid back and relaxing too... totally different environment to MJ. Found it to be most pleasant. :yeah:

Wednesday will be a good night I am sure..!:worthy: :worthy:

Mie
3rd-April-2006, 02:15 PM

WHAT? WHEN? YEY!!!:worthy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry...been out of the loop for a while....

Minnie M
3rd-April-2006, 02:21 PM
WHAT? WHEN? YEY!!!:worthy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry...been out of the loop for a while....
in OZ Mie :sad:

Tat & Jordon were absolutely fantastic in Boston - the best I have ever seen them, they have really cracked this teaching lark, great classes :respect: :worthy:

Hopefully the UK organisers will bring them back here again :clap: :yeah: and soon please :innocent: :yeah:

Mie
3rd-April-2006, 02:24 PM
in OZ Mie :sad:

Tat & Jordon were absolutely fantastic in Boston - the best I have ever seen them, they have really cracked this teaching lark, great classes :respect: :worthy:

Hopefully the UK organisers will bring them back here again :clap: :yeah: and soon please :innocent: :yeah:

Bummer... :sad:
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Yes.... please bring them over again... :flower:

So Minnie... How was it out west? I'm so jealous...

Minnie M
3rd-April-2006, 02:46 PM
Bummer... :sad:
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Yes.... please bring them over again... :flower:

So Minnie... How was it out west? I'm so jealous...
Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ing :clap: :yeah: :clap:
Trouble was there just wasn't enough hours in the day to do everything :sad:

It cost about £500 all in (food/flight/accomodate & the event - 3 days of workshops & competitions + 4 nights of dancing till 6am + 2 days of sightseeing) I don't think that is bad - hopefully we can get a big group together for next year, or maybe another event like this one (out of season - when the flights are cheaper)

spikey blond
3rd-April-2006, 03:10 PM
Sounds as if Boston was brilliant, Minnie M , sooooooooooo jealous, have to content my self with the WCS in the UK at the moment and enjoy the occasions when our US cousins come over to share their expertise with us. Robert was excellent at the weekend in Oxford and looking forward to Wednesday in Twickers and Friday at Hipsters - certainly spreading the word and WCS is definitely getting an increased following. Don't know any one who has tried it and seen the likes of Jordan and Tat who hasn't got hooked.
Definitely interested in joining group for next year's trip to the US - start saving my pennies now - would be good to know how many others might be interested.

jacksondonut
4th-April-2006, 01:07 PM
Just thinking to myself that tomorrows class may have a few more people attending after all the discussions on the other thread...... thats fantastic :clap: :clap: :flower:

the more the merrier.. roll on Wednesday

Geordieed
4th-April-2006, 02:09 PM

Jordan and Tatiana have taken a booking in the UK already for 2007. Until then they are doing a couple of extra Swing events in France on top of their usual visit to France. The advantage is that alot more couples from the States will be there.

There will also be alot more Swing at Masters in Line after last year.

Minnie M
4th-April-2006, 04:52 PM
Jordan and Tatiana have taken a booking in the UK already for 2007.......
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
How exciting :clap: this must be new, as Tat said (in Boston) she was surprised no-one had contacted them since their last visit - please, please let us all know where and when :flower:

Geordieed
4th-April-2006, 05:10 PM
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
How exciting :clap: this must be new, as Tat said (in Boston) she was surprised no-one had contacted them since their last visit - please, please let us all know where and when :flower:

No, this booking has stood since 2005.

Paul F
4th-April-2006, 07:09 PM
No, this booking has stood since 2005.

Wow!!

I cant imagine what it would be like to have my time booked up 2 years from now :what:

Apart from feeling a little richer of course :grin:

:worthy: to everyone who puts so much time and effort into spreading WCS.

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 07:42 PM
Wow!!.....
:rofl: Sorry just the thought of you being that organised had me laughing.:rolleyes:

Geordieed
5th-April-2006, 09:17 AM
I searched my email and found this from last year. (Note to self clear up some space and clear out old files etc) Here's a section of the message.

At the present, we will be in France twice next year, and possibly Ireland and Scotland. Our next scheduled UK visit is June 8-10, 2007. That's a long way off.
We will be in Paris France - January 13-15th, 2006 and also at the Sea Sun & Swing in late July 06. I would recommend the events in France, but there is some time allotted for translation, which hopefully will not bother people.

The next question is who wants to go over to Paris.

Paul F
5th-April-2006, 08:22 PM
Its 8:20 and I have only just got back from work :tears:

Short or long freestyle - doesn't matter if you end up working all evening. :rolleyes:

Kev F
6th-April-2006, 12:30 AM
Fantastic Night !

Another fantastic WCS night at Twickenham :clap: :clap:

Was great to meet Robert Cordoba who taught a fab lesson for all! :respect:
Have purchased his DVD and its been stolen all ready by a certain blonde lady. She's probably drooling over it now! :drool: :D More figures for me to mess up. :rofl:

It was pointed out to me, by Lory, that my hand positioning was slighty wrong on the inside turn...and I would like to apologise to all the women whose boobs I fondled by mistake. :blush: (I honestly didn't realise what I was doing)

Was good to see Silver Fox, the Milton Keynes girls and all the other forumites. And stacks of freestyle time! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks to Cat :hug: :worthy: for organising this special evening :flower:

jacksondonut
6th-April-2006, 10:21 AM
Just about made the class on time last night... :eek: :eek: due to TRAFFIC....ahhhhh, but SO glad that we were able to start the class on time with everyone else. The usual easy trip down was unusually busy :confused:

Anyway, thank you to the lovely Robert Cordoba and the really fun class (which had me dizzy for the rest of the evening.. cant say I fondled anyones boobs..:rofl: but I certainly didnt know whether I was coming or going last night.. just one of those days, whereby you cant put a foot right!!) I had loads of fun though.. thanks chaps. Nice to meet you Chef and see you too RK :flower: We can compare knees, when I have mine done in May!!

Lovely to see so many people turn out, it seemed really busy in the freestyle and I apologise if I bumped into anyone!! :blush:

Missed you PaulF, such a bummer that you had to work late..:sad: Thank you to all the guys who had the patience of a saint with me.. :flower: :flower:

Thank you to all the organisers, who made it a rather special evening :respect: :respect:

Cant wait for the next WCS lesson..

jacksondonut
6th-April-2006, 10:52 AM
Its 8:20 and I have only just got back from work :tears:

Short or long freestyle - doesn't matter if you end up working all evening. :rolleyes:

Awwwwww Paul... we did miss you :sad:

Msfab
6th-April-2006, 05:12 PM
:yeah: Totally agree with Ken and Jan, What a great night it was at WCS!

Strange but enjoyable first lesson form Robert Cordoba - mixing and matching couples. As Jan pointed out a rather Dizzy hour.
Heres to Many more nights of WCS wednesdays!:cheers:

Kev F
6th-April-2006, 07:43 PM
:yeah: Totally agree with Ken and Jan, What a great night it was at WCS!

Who's Ken??????? :devil: (Or was it just a typo??)

I missed the best part of the evening from my previous post.

Silver Fox was happily dancing when his partner decided to break into what I can only describe as a wonder woman spin....KapoWWWWWW! She caught poor old vince straight in the mush with a perfect right hander, causing his blood to spray over the adjacent dancers. It was like a slow motion scene out of a Rocky film.
SF valiantly struggled on with the dance, but was obviously in pain as the blood slowly ran from his mouth.

Get well soon Silver Fox, and I hope the dentists bill isn't too high.

P.S: Do you still want claims direct phone number??

I've attached a couple of pictures to set the scene for the readers. :devil:

Lory
6th-April-2006, 10:10 PM
Strange but enjoyable first lesson form Robert Cordoba - mixing and matching couples.
:yeah: It was called 'fourplay' and as the name would suggest, it was very enjoyable! :wink: :innocent:

I had the very lovely Mary, SF and Kev in my little group and I'd say at a rough calculation, we got it right... ooh about twice! :waycool: :D

BTW Jan, you forgot to mention who you and your mate Lynn got for the fourplay :whistle: :wink:

Second lesson.. whoopy doo, 2 men over and good fun! :na: And it finished earlier than expected, so we had lot's of lovely freestyle time!

All in all a great night! :cheers:

Msfab
7th-April-2006, 10:05 AM
Who's Ken??????? :devil: (Or was it just a typo??)
I think it comes from the fact youre just Perfect Ken, Oops there I did it again Kev!:whistle:

I missed the best part of the evening from my previous post.

Silver Fox was happily dancing when his partner decided to break into what I can only describe as a wonder woman spin....KapoWWWWWW! She caught poor old vince straight in the mush with a perfect right hander, causing his blood to spray over the adjacent dancers. It was like a slow motion scene out of a Rocky film.
SF valiantly struggled on with the dance, but was obviously in pain as the blood slowly ran from his mouth.
Oh I saw that incident - What was she on :rolleyes:

SilverFox
7th-April-2006, 10:13 AM
Oh I saw that incident ....in extreme close up......

jacksondonut
7th-April-2006, 12:17 PM
:yeah: It was called 'fourplay'

BTW Jan, you forgot to mention who you and your mate Lynn got for the fourplay :whistle: :wink:

mmmmm....oh dear, maybe it was because it was 'you know who'... and I am a trifle embarrassed.... usually like to hide in the corner (and muff it up) Instead of being in the middle of the room with EVERYONE looking at us... ahhhhhhhhh THE EMBARRASMENT...

Must say he is lovely though..... (Mr Cordoba) and not forgetting Amir (who was just a good sport too..) THANKYOU.

Did have fun
:cheers: :cheers:

jacksondonut
10th-April-2006, 02:41 PM
Well its Monday and I am already looking forward to Wednesday evening and another enjoyable evening with you folks...

see you there.
Jan
:hug: :hug:

Kev F
11th-April-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh I saw that incident - What was she on :rolleyes:

WCS tomorrow MsFab :D

I have my post-WCS avatar ready...... just incase that crazy woman is bashing the men around again!!! :devil:

Msfab
11th-April-2006, 07:15 PM

I have my post-WCS avatar ready...... just incase that crazy woman is bashing the men around again!!! :devil:

Of Course - where else would I be!
I might just bring something to defend myself against possible attack from her!

SilverFox
11th-April-2006, 07:47 PM
I might just bring something to defend myself against possible attack from her!Like a straight-jacket......:whistle:

Cruella
11th-April-2006, 07:52 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Had a good chuckle when i saw the avatar.

Rhythm King
12th-April-2006, 08:51 AM
:rofl: :rofl: Had a good chuckle when i saw the avatar.
Yeah, we heard you :wink:

jacksondonut
13th-April-2006, 05:47 PM
Just wanted to report on a lovely evening down in Twickenham last night at Cat and Lee's class (Cat is back, albeit with a sore throat)..:respect:

A few new faces aswell which was lovely (thought they had walked into a salsa class, but Cat managed to hijack them).. :whistle:

Had a rush on to get there and just made it in time for the class after hightailing it down the motorway... phew...

Its well worth it though. Had a lovely evening, but dead beat today...
:yeah: :yeah: looking forward to next week already.

Cruella
13th-April-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, we heard you :wink:
Cheeky buggar! I'm a quiet shy little thing.

I'm hoping to get down for this wednesdays class, may be one of my favourite Scottish WCS dancers down for it.

jacksondonut
13th-April-2006, 06:40 PM
Cheeky buggar! I'm a quiet shy little thing.

I'm hoping to get down for this wednesdays class, may be one of my favourite Scottish WCS dancers down for it.

Yeah, youre just like me.. prim and proper, quietly spoken and very very quiet.... etc., etc.,:rofl: :rofl:
:flower: :flower: :yeah:

Sounds interesting, the more the merrier.. there are a couple of lovely guys from the forum already, and another one would be even better. :drool:

Msfab
13th-April-2006, 06:44 PM

Any clues? :rolleyes:

Minnie M
13th-April-2006, 08:25 PM
Any clues? :rolleyes:
Scooby Doo :whistle:

Limpy Tink
13th-April-2006, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to report on a lovely evening down in Twickenham last night at Cat and Lee's class (Cat is back, albeit with a sore throat)..:respect:

Thanks for that report Janet!! For those WC addicts, that have failed to get to the Wed class for 2 weeks in a row now:tears: :tears: :tears: , that is just is just down right tactless :wink:

And to add insult to injury, not only did I not make the class last night, I have had the hangover from hell to deal with today :sick: - and the kids are off school!:eek:

I have no intention of making it a trio - see you Wed. :clap:

Cruella
13th-April-2006, 11:08 PM
No not Scooby, but i can't say as it's not definate, should find out early next week. :D

jacksondonut
14th-April-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks for that report Janet!! For those WC addicts, that have failed to get to the Wed class for 2 weeks in a row now:tears: :tears: :tears: , that is just is just down right tactless :wink:

And to add insult to injury, not only did I not make the class last night, I have had the hangover from hell to deal with today :sick: - and the kids are off school!:eek:

I have no intention of making it a trio - see you Wed. :clap:

Good on ya girl.. be lovely to see you..:clap: :clap:

hope your head is better. :flower: :flower:

Jan
:hug:

jacksondonut
19th-April-2006, 12:43 PM
Am really sad....:sad: Have come down with something nasty and wont be able to make the class tonight....:tears: :tears:

Hope you have a lovely evening and I hope to see some of you at Ashtons on Friday if I am feeling better..:flower: :flower:

JAN

Msfab
19th-April-2006, 01:26 PM
Am really sad....:sad: Have come down with something nasty and wont be able to make the class tonight....:tears: :tears:

Hope you have a lovely evening and I hope to see some of you at Ashtons on Friday if I am feeling better..:flower: :flower:

JAN

Sorry to here youre not feeling well, Jan! :flower:
Hope to see you back next week fighting fit!

jacksondonut
19th-April-2006, 08:18 PM
Sorry to here youre not feeling well, Jan! :flower:
Hope to see you back next week fighting fit!

Thanks, me too!! Just thinking about you all and wishing I was there instead of drinking pints of Night Nurse.... and feeling sorry for myself... :sick:

missing you all..:hug:

Msfab
20th-April-2006, 02:36 PM
Another great night of WCS. It was a busy class, with 2 men over, great for us ladies:whistle: . An hour of freestyle time to practice the classes. Plus we had a special guest down from scotland way, Brady:clap:, managed to squeeze in a few with him:drool:.

Until next week.....
Mums the word hey Chef:wink:

Keith J
21st-April-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi all,
some positive news, had a chat to Annalisa (Ceroc Woking) and she is looking into adding a room for WCS on the 'Big Saturday Night' monthly dance and ONCE a month on Monday night at H G Wells, Woking, Surrey.:really:
Nothing firm as yet!

For those who have not ventured to sunny Woking, it is considered the premier venue in the south east. It has a full sprung floor, its fast sometimes, despite the joints, yes it is air conditioned, ( I should be able to tell for those who know me), good bar, nice chill area next bar next door,
superb PA and lighting.
Upsatirs has a 'junior version' of the main hall, whcih is where this additonal facility would be.:really: :D

Meanwhile look out for Paul W lessons at Farnham The Maltings Tuesday nights :clap: , Esher Friday nights :clap: both with Ceroc Surrey, and Bisley this Sunday with JiveBug.

So keep an eye on the venue and announcements from Ceroc Surrey & Annalisa.
Kind regards to all.:flower: to all you lady coasters.

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 12:33 PM

Meanwhile look out for Paul W lessons at Farnham The Maltings Tuesday nights :clap: , Esher Friday nights :clap: both with Ceroc Surrey, and Bisley this Sunday with JiveBug.
...The Surrey Ceroc website says the Esher Friday night venue is King Georges Hall Off Esher High St ... but does not give a relevant map or a postcode. Does anyone have this information?

spindr
21st-April-2006, 12:49 PM
The Surrey Ceroc website says the Esher Friday night venue is King Georges Hall Off Esher High St ... but does not give a relevant map or a postcode. Does anyone have this information?
One google later :) http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/leisure/Hallsforhire/kinggeorgeshall.htm

Chef
21st-April-2006, 12:52 PM
The Surrey Ceroc website says the Esher Friday night venue is King Georges Hall Off Esher High St ... but does not give a relevant map or a postcode. Does anyone have this information?

If you go to www.multimap.com and type in the postcode KT10 9RA then that should sort out your problem.

You are really getting the WCS bug aren't you?

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 12:53 PM
One google later :) http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/leisure/Hallsforhire/kinggeorgeshall.htm
Ahhhh - thank you. I was so busy Multimapping that I didn't think to Google. What did we do before we had these verbs? :hug:

Lee
21st-April-2006, 12:53 PM

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/leisure/Hallsforhire/kinggeorgeshall.htm?pri=1

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/council/offices/offices.htm

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=514125&y=164703&z=0&sv=KT10+9SD&st=2&pc=KT10+9SD&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Next to the Civic Centre,High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9SD

Lee
21st-April-2006, 12:56 PM
Doh, 3 replies with 2 minutes.

I think we've answer this now :clap:

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 01:00 PM
If you go to www.multimap.com and type in the postcode KT10 9RA then that should sort out your problem.

You are really getting the WCS bug aren't you?Could be :whistle:

Chef
21st-April-2006, 01:02 PM
Could be :whistle:

Don't forget us all at Dartford when you move on. There will always be a special place in our hearts for you.

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 01:11 PM
Don't forget us all at Dartford when you move on. There will always be a special place in our hearts for you.Excuse me! Dartford is now home (well, along with Tufnell Park). :hug:

jacksondonut
21st-April-2006, 01:19 PM
This is interesting... West Coast Swing in Twickenham has morphed into....
West Coast Swing in.....Dartford...:rofl:

must be magic... how did that happen??? :confused:

:clap: :rofl: :rofl:

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 01:27 PM
This is interesting... West Coast Swing in Twickenham has morphed into....
West Coast Swing in.....Dartford...:rofl:

must be magic... how did that happen??? :confused:

:clap: :rofl: :rofl:No, it's not really true. It's just the night nurse kicking in. Go back to bed and everything will be fine in the morning.

Almost an Angel
21st-April-2006, 02:45 PM

Does this mean you're coming out to play tonight??? :flower:
I'll be there (or is that a reason to avoid?)
Angel xx

Feelingpink
21st-April-2006, 02:49 PM
Does this mean you're coming out to play tonight??? :flower:
I'll be there (or is that a reason to avoid?)
Angel xxSee you there!

Keith J
21st-April-2006, 04:58 PM
Pleased to see the prospect of a freestyle room in Woking has inspired so much talk about Esher and Dartford as well. Chef we hope that all goes well for you & the Jivers & Liners taking a trip into the West Coast down Dartford way, hope you all meets in the middle with a big ol' sugar push, good compression and no hyper extension on the end of the slot.

For those of you joining the thread please look up to about Ceroc Surrey is looking at an extra room on the Big Saturday nights for WCS:clap: , I dare say some blues:really:
Not firmed up as yet but I expect it takes a while to sort out with H G Wells, off Victoria Way, Woking.
Remember to bring a friend, tie them up and drag them there if necessary.:eek:

jacksondonut
25th-April-2006, 10:57 AM
Hiya y'all... hoping to feel well enough to come down tomorrow... bin poorly for a week now and hoping that by tomorrow i will be feeling ''up for it..''

Missed you all last week and have had not had my dancin' shoes on now for over a week and a half....:tears: :tears:

keeping fingers crossed (and everything else!) hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling my old self again..:whistle:

Jan

jacksondonut
26th-April-2006, 09:16 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sad: :sad: :sad:

another week without WCS class..... hope im not back to where I started by the time I go back... :eek:

coughed all night again and have to give it a miss ... hope you all have a lovely time though.. i will be thinking of you...:flower: :flower:

Janxx

Rhythm King
26th-April-2006, 10:46 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sad: :sad: :sad:

another week without WCS class..... hope im not back to where I started by the time I go back... :eek:

Know the feeling :sad: Hope you're better soon

jacksondonut
29th-April-2006, 02:16 PM
Know the feeling :sad: Hope you're better soon

Yes thank you.. quite a bit better, but now hoping to make the most of the next two weeks before the knee op....:eek:

Down for the lesson on Wednesday (which I have really missed) and doing the WCS Workshop with Paul etc., on Sunday in Oxford. Looking forward to my very first workshop ever!!:yeah:

Msfab
29th-April-2006, 02:33 PM
Quick note, its also on the WCS website!

There is NO West Coast Swing on the 10th of May (at twickenham)!:tears:

Think i will probably try and make it to the Dartford class on Thursday instead.

jacksondonut
30th-April-2006, 01:13 PM
Quick note, its also on the WCS website!

There is NO West Coast Swing on the 10th of May (at twickenham)!:tears:

Think i will probably try and make it to the Dartford class on Thursday instead.

Thank you for letting me know ..:flower: :flower: :flower:

Where is the Dartford class?? Maybe I will try and get there too, if its not too far from MK!!

Jan
xxx

Chef
30th-April-2006, 01:48 PM
Thank you for letting me know ..:flower: :flower: :flower:

Where is the Dartford class?? Maybe I will try and get there too, if its not too far from MK!!

Jan
xxx

The Dartford class is in Accia hall in Dartford town centre ( try http://www.multimap.com) and much as I would love to see you (or anyone else) coming along I have to say it is one heck of a long way from Milton Keynes for a weekday night.

How about the Friday night class at Esher? Not too far away from the one at Twickenham so the journey time from MK won't be much more to Esher.

Regards. Laurence

jacksondonut
30th-April-2006, 09:49 PM
The Dartford class is in Accia hall in Dartford town centre ( try http://www.multimap.com) and much as I would love to see you (or anyone else) coming along I have to say it is one heck of a long way from Milton Keynes for a weekday night.

How about the Friday night class at Esher? Not too far away from the one at Twickenham so the journey time from MK won't be much more to Esher.

Regards. Laurence

What a good idea!! thank you as distance travelling during the week can be quite exhausting, Friday would be better as can lie in a little on Saturday..:D hoorah!!:clap:

Will endeavour to get Linda to come along for the ride.. is it usual start and finish times?:flower: Thanks for your help.

JAN

spikey blond
1st-May-2006, 04:46 PM
Beware, Jan, Esher is closed on 5 and 19 May - please don't travel all that way for nothing!!:flower:

Cruella
1st-May-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm not working thursday so i might just come down to Twickenham for some WCS on wednesday evening.:clap:

jacksondonut
1st-May-2006, 06:14 PM
Beware, Jan, Esher is closed on 5 and 19 May - please don't travel all that way for nothing!!:flower:

I think it will be the 12th May that I will endeavour to visit Esher... all being well (as 10th is not on in Twickers...) Just need to get directions and some idea of where it is...:rofl: :rofl:

thanks hun for saving me an awful long trip.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Msfab
1st-May-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm not working thursday so i might just come down to Twickenham for some WCS on wednesday evening.:clap:

Would be great to see you there Cruella:clap:

Msfab
1st-May-2006, 06:29 PM
I think it will be the 12th May that I will endeavour to visit Esher... all being well (as 10th is not on in Twickers...) Just need to get directions and some idea of where it is...:rofl: :rofl:

thanks hun for saving me an awful long trip.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Heres a web page http://www.rebelroc.com/Venues/Esher.htm

Its normally taught by Paul Warden

jacksondonut
2nd-May-2006, 12:13 PM
Heres a web page http://www.rebelroc.com/Venues/Esher.htm

Its normally taught by Paul Warden

Thankyou very much... just realised...(silly me) I will be in Scotland that weekend (12th May)... but will look it up for another visit in the near future.. :flower:

See you tomorrow hopefully, and will have Cruella with me. :clap: :clap:
missed you guys lots. :yeah:

Jan

Msfab
4th-May-2006, 02:11 PM
Great evening last night!:cheers:

A class with a twist. We swaped roles only for the beginner class! 'Ladies' took the role of leads and 'Men' took the roles of follows (well those wanted to play!:rolleyes: ). Ive done a little leading in WCS swing before - its hard enough leading normal followers but to lead most of the guys you needed to be a weightlifter or something! I thought it was a good experience for both parties to gain a little appreciation for each other! If only we could do these role reversal classes in other dance styles.
Then it was back to normal with a full intermediate class!

Nice to see Cruella and Jacksondonut (your last one for a while:tears: - good luck with the Operation:flower:)

Note - No WCS at Twickenham next week the 10th of May

jacksondonut
4th-May-2006, 03:57 PM

A class with a twist. We swaped roles only for the beginner class! 'Ladies' took the role of leads and 'Men' took the roles of follows (well those wanted to play!:rolleyes: ). Ive done a little leading in WCS swing before - its hard enough leading normal followers but to lead most of the guys you needed to be a weightlifter or something! I thought it was a good experience for both parties to gain a little appreciation for each other! If only we could do these role reversal classes in other dance styles.
Then it was back to normal with a full intermediate class!

Nice to see Cruella and Jacksondonut (your last one for a while:tears: - good luck with the Operation:flower:)

Note - No WCS at Twickenham next week the 10th of May

Thank you xxxx Lovely to see you too.. I had a enjoyable evening and have great :respect: :respect: :respect: to ALL of the ladies who took the guys roles on last night!!! And of course the guys, who did really well... I was having terrible trouble just being a lady.. (Have had a migraine since then and been in bed all day.... :sad: thats my excuse for being so awful!!)

Will miss the classes loads, but hopefully will be able to come and watch if my buddy will drive me down.. :whistle:

Really sad too, as the WCS workshop in Oxford on Sunday has been cancelled due to lack of Men...:tears: :tears: :tears: (for the second time)
so hopefully next time we will have more men coming along.. (Please:flower: )

Many thanks to GeordieEd and KevF for your kindness and patience last night... mmmm, know I was a nightmare.. :flower: :flower: :flower:

It was great to see so many people last night and is my hope that it will continue to be so.. thanks too to Cat and Lee, think they are terrific.. massive :respect:

Jan
:cheers: :cheers:

Lory
4th-May-2006, 04:16 PM
:yeah:

We swaped roles only for the beginner class! 'Ladies' took the role of leads and 'Men' took the roles of follows (well those wanted to play!:rolleyes: ).
I was in complete panic mode when they suggested it but it was surprisingly good fun! :clap:

It's a very good way of appreciating each others roles. The only downside I thought was, if both people were new to this, neither of us could 'feel' if we were doing it right :confused:

Although, I got good feedback from MsFab after, as she kindly pointed out the 'error of my ways' :blush: :cheers:

One thing I found to my surprise (as men/leads seem to moan about how bad 'anticipation' is) was that lot's of the men didn't 'WAIT' for the lead at all:devil: what's that all about then?

And a small p.s. I think its really silly and sad, when men won't dance with other men in a class situation:rolleyes: it was a good learning exercise and that's it, no one was out to judge anyone and thankfully most of the men got something out of it, if only a bl**dy good laugh! :cheers:

Cruella
4th-May-2006, 04:20 PM
Couldn't believe my luck, first WCS lesson for over a year and Cat makes us do the mans part!! It was very challenging and my brain was fried by the end of it, but it was good to feel the dance from the mans perspective. I just wish it wasn't a 2 hour drive to get there :tears: If it was an hour away then i'd be there every week without doubt. I thought Cats teaching was pacey which i liked as i get bored when the lessons are too slow. The freestyle was great but not long enough and i even got to dance with Lee himself which was fab.:clap: I sooo love West Coast, i must make more effort to go to some more workshops.:D

robd
4th-May-2006, 04:22 PM
it was good to feel the dance from the mans perspective.

You need to stand further apart if this is happening a lot.

Cruella
4th-May-2006, 04:28 PM
You need to stand further apart if this is happening a lot.

No, i quite enjoyed it!

Msfab
4th-May-2006, 04:37 PM
It's a very good way of appreciating each others roles. The only downside I thought was, if both people were new to this, neither of us could 'feel' if we were doing it right :confused:
Must point out that Cat did make it optional, Its all part of the learning experience.

Although, I got good feedback from MsFab after, as she kindly pointed out the 'error of my ways' :blush: :cheers:
Always glad to help - just hope i was advising you correctly:innocent:. Im finding learning to lead is really helping my following and listening to the music alot more.

One thing I found to my surprise (as men/leads seem to moan about how bad 'anticipation' is) was that lot's of the men didn't 'WAIT' for the lead at all:devil: what's that all about then?
I found that with almost everyone! I was going to bring it up in class but forgot:rolleyes:. Towards the end when we started mixing moves up alot of the guys were anticipating which kind of got a little fustrating as a lead. Its something I do tend to slip up on occasionally so must work on that:innocent:

And a small p.s. I think its really silly and sad, when men won't dance with other men in a class situation:rolleyes: it was a good learning exercise and that's it, no one was out to judge anyone and thankfully most of the men got something out of it, if only a bl**dy good laugh! :cheers:

jacksondonut
9th-May-2006, 08:45 AM
Already feeling sad about no class tomorrow... so, decided to pay the local a visit, after avoiding it for quite a long time..:eek:

Gonna trot down to Bletchley for the weekly ceroc fest and hope the DJ is in a good mood....:rofl::rofl: Are you still coming ZW???:flower: :flower:

Afraid most of the time, he is awful (not just my opinion...) Good job the wonderful Marc is teaching and hoping to catch up with some old friends. I am going to introduce a new ladyfriend to the delights of dancing..!!:yeah:

Its not WCS, but hoping to do a little at the BFG this weekend.. :clap:

Jan

jacksondonut
28th-May-2006, 01:26 PM
Hoping to come along this week to see everyone!! Wont be dancing, but it will be lovely to see you all.:flower: :flower:

Jan
:cheers: :hug:

jacksondonut
31st-May-2006, 09:15 AM
:sad: :sad::sad: :sad:

was hoping to visit you all tonight... looks like linda cant drive me down after all....:tears: :tears:

still missing you all and hope you enjoy your evening. .:flower: :flower: :flower: Hugs to all....:hug: :hug:

Jan

jacksondonut
19th-June-2006, 01:34 PM
Hoping to be over in Twickers on Wednesday... may even have a go at the class if its easy,... :whistle: :whistle:

see you soon.

Jan
xx

Msfab
29th-June-2006, 07:24 PM
There is NO WCS at Twickenham next week!:tears:

Yogi_Bear
29th-June-2006, 09:51 PM

That is a shame.

(Went there last night for the first time. Most enjoyable - a very friendly crowd, good atmosphere, excellent lesson form Cat (helped by Amir). I will be back when I get the opportunity - sadly, my chances to dance WCS are not as frequent as I would like. Should have taken my camera and filmed the demo of the class - any Forumites there last night have a movie of that they wouldn't mind copying to me?).

Lee
30th-June-2006, 08:54 AM

If England win this Saturday, nothing will be happening Wed evening, the streets will be deserted.

Alice
4th-July-2006, 07:42 PM
That is a shame.

(Went there last night for the first time. Most enjoyable - a very friendly crowd, good atmosphere, excellent lesson form Cat (helped by Amir). I will be back when I get the opportunity - sadly, my chances to dance WCS are not as frequent as I would like. Should have taken my camera and filmed the demo of the class - any Forumites there last night have a movie of that they wouldn't mind copying to me?).
No video, sorry, but I just figured out who you are!! Glad you enjoyed the night:)

Msfab
11th-July-2006, 11:42 AM
WCS is back this wednesday :clap: + guest teachers from Canada, Mike and Inge Evans, introducing some footwork from Carolina Shag http://www.mikeandinge.com/shag2.html (http://www.mikeandinge.com/shag2.html)
What is Carolina shag? :confused: I found these clips – http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=carolina+shag
try the first one on the left Wow – looks like his feet don’t belong to him!:rolleyes:

Lory
11th-July-2006, 12:02 PM
try the first one on the left Wow – looks like his feet don’t belong to him!:rolleyes:
Looks like the men have their work cut out tomorrow. :wink: The footwork looks more complicated than WCS :D

Msfab
11th-July-2006, 12:06 PM
Looks like the men have their work cut out tomorrow. :wink: The footwork looks more complicated than WCS :D
:rofl: :yeah:
Should be fun!:clap:

Geordieed
11th-July-2006, 01:36 PM
My favourite WCS couple Brent and Kellese Key both have a heavy influence of Shag footwork in their dance. It adds a great dimension to their interpretation. I think they provide the best illustration how the two can combine.

Dizzy
26th-July-2006, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know if the class tonight is definitely on with Cat & Lee being at Beach Boogie? :flower:

Geordieed
26th-July-2006, 11:49 AM
Cat is at Beach Boogie but Lee is definately teaching at Twickenham tonight.

Dizzy
26th-July-2006, 11:51 AM
Cat is at Beach Boogie but Lee is definately teaching at Twickenham tonight.

Thanks Ed :flower:

Will make the effort to get down there then. :clap:

I feel like there hasn't been a WCS class in ages.

Paul F
26th-July-2006, 12:18 PM
I feel like there hasn't been a WCS class in ages.

I hope you will be there next Wednesday :blush:

Alice
26th-July-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope you will be there next Wednesday :blush:

... you around then?? :hug:

Paul F
26th-July-2006, 02:04 PM
... you around then?? :hug:

Yep. Back home next week. :clap: :clap:

Will you be there next Wednesday? - considering you are not there Sunday :tears:

Alice
26th-July-2006, 02:21 PM

Will you be there next Wednesday? - considering you are not there Sunday :tears:
Most definitely. :clap: Will you save me a dance or two?? :flower:

Paul F
26th-July-2006, 02:23 PM
Most definitely. :clap: Will you save me a dance or two?? :flower:

Goes without saying :hug:

Mary
26th-July-2006, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know if the class tonight is definitely on with Cat & Lee being at Beach Boogie? :flower:

Class is on tonight with the super sexy Lee teaching I gather. I think Cat is teaching with Paul at BB.

Cat and Lee picked up 2 trophies at WSM last Saturday with their wonderful hypnotic dancing. 1st in WCS freestyle, and 1st in Showcase category :worthy: :worthy:

M

Shaz
27th-July-2006, 09:33 PM
Cat and Lee picked up 2 trophies at WSM last Saturday with their wonderful hypnotic dancing. 1st in WCS freestyle............
Surprise surprise :whistle:

Alice
30th-July-2006, 10:14 PM

So.... feedback from Bisley anyone? How was it?

Dizzy
31st-July-2006, 09:18 AM
It was hard work but really worth it!! :clap: :flower:

I learnt so much including how hard it is to travel there on a sunday!! (Thank you Paul F:blush: :flower: )

I have never had a class with Paul Warden before but :worthy: to him and Cat for teaching all day yesterday after Beach Boogie :clap:

Cruella
31st-July-2006, 09:21 AM
So.... feedback from Bisley anyone? How was it?
I didn't stay for the workshop but it looked like everyone was concentrating intensly when i left. I had a private with Paul W before the workshop. He was fantastic, money well spent IMO. The only down point was getting stuck on the M3 for nearly 3 hours :tears: Paul and i were sorely tempted to practice our WCS on the hard shoulder just to say we were the first to have danced on a motorway!:D

Msfab
31st-July-2006, 09:49 AM
The only down point was getting stuck on the M3 for nearly 3 hours :tears:

You should have stayed :whistle:

Cruella
31st-July-2006, 09:51 AM
You should have stayed :whistle:
Thanks, i had kinda figured that out for myself! :rolleyes:

jacksondonut
2nd-August-2006, 01:46 PM
Looks like I can get to the class tonight at long last....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Please say that there is one on tonight... :flower: :flower:

Looking forward to seeing everyone..:yeah:

luv Jan

Dizzy
2nd-August-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like I can get to the class tonight at long last....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Please say that there is one on tonight... :flower: :flower:

Looking forward to seeing everyone..:yeah:

luv Jan

YEAY!!!! :clap: :clap:

Will see you there Jan :hug:

jacksondonut
3rd-August-2006, 03:37 PM
Thrilled to be at last nights class.. had a lovely time..:clap: :clap:

Lovely to see you all again :yeah: Just made me realise how much I enjoy the classes and have missed them over the last few months...:flower:

The class seemed larger than usual, so not quite so much room to move around, but pleased to catch up with PaulF, have a dance with Paul Warden (who is soooo friendly) and see the usual lads and lasses too. Nice to see you there Dizzy :flower:

Tired today, but is worth the trip every single time. I know I have missed a lot and have no end to catch up on, but pleased to say the Knee wasnt too stiff this morning!!:clap:

Looking forward to getting stuck in again...after my holidays.. off to france for two weeks next week..

Will miss you
Jan

Limpy Tink
10th-August-2006, 06:03 PM
STOP PRESS!!
Exciting new cabaret performance by Lory in 2 weeks time :worthy:

Another great night in Twickenham last night!:clap: Cat & Lee - as always delivered a fab class with challenging moves (as Lory was keen to demonstrate :respect: ).

It was good to see Keith do his birthday dance - and thank you for the yummy cakes. :yum:

Now... as much as I don't want to take the limelight away from Keith, the highlight for me was Lory's take on the last move!! :wink:

I was so impressed with the way in which you executed that tricky little move Lory, and with such fabulous musicality :D You must run through it again for us in 2 weeks (as there is no class next week) particularly the part where you casually hit the floor - mid move - but still managing to add a stylish head and arm flick (that even Cat would be impressed with :D ) whilst in a horizontal position!! :rofl: :rofl: truely amazing :respect:

It must be the shoes! :hug:

Keith J
10th-August-2006, 07:31 PM
Well thankyou for that.... as to the dance it was a keep it simple type thing the changeovers and keeping in time was tough!

:flower: Thanks :love: to you all for the birthday greetings
I was ahem...43 by the way, so lucky G's idea on the bumps was shelved.

:kiss: c u all I shall be shirted for Crew duties at MJC....

Lory
10th-August-2006, 09:16 PM
Now... as much as I don't want to take the limelight away from Keith, the highlight for me was Lory's take on the last move!! :wink:

I was so impressed with the way in which you executed that tricky little move Lory, and with such fabulous musicality :D You must run through it again for us in 2 weeks (as there is no class next week) particularly the part where you casually hit the floor - mid move - but still managing to add a stylish head and arm flick (that even Cat would be impressed with :D ) whilst in a horizontal position!! :rofl: :rofl: truely amazing :respect:

Thankyou;)

Kev's had a few attempts at leading this move in the past :devil: but this time he really perfected the lead and I just went for it! :whistle:

Even Cat said she wished she could have captured it on video!:waycool: :wink::rofl:

WittyBird
11th-August-2006, 01:44 PM

I've just had a blow by blow account of this :worthy: Mascara is running down my face as we speak :rofl:

I wish I'd been there to see it :respect:

Yogi_Bear
15th-August-2006, 10:59 PM
West Coast Swing anniversary party in Twickenham on 30 August. Sounds good but I would have to leave at 10.30 to catch the last train home. Is there any cheap accommodation around? Everything I've looked at seems to be at least £50....:what:

Lory
24th-August-2006, 05:46 PM
I just want to say...

WOW, wasn't it busy last night :really: lot's of new faces too!:)

Well done Cat and Lee, I think the tide is turning!

Many more weeks like that and we'll definitely need a bigger venue! :waycool:

Also Geordied and Paul Warden looked fab dancing together in Ed's birthday dance! :worthy:

Sorry I didn't get up Ed, I was just enjoying the show! :hug:

Msfab
24th-August-2006, 05:59 PM
WOW, wasn't it busy last night :really: lot's of new faces too!:)

Well done Cat and Lee, I think the tide is turning!

Many more weeks like that and we'll definitely need a bigger venue! :waycool:
:yeah: I can only imagine what next weeks 1st year WCS birthday party is going to be like!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
24th-August-2006, 06:14 PM
......Geordied and Paul Warden looked fab dancing together in Ed's birthday dance .............
:worthy: :respect: :yeah:
I saw them dancing together at MJC and they looked fab :worthy: Ed's style is really fab, he must be one of our best non-teacher Westies these days :clap: :respect: :worthy: and he is NOT a Westie snob either, he always has time to dance with us girlies :hug: :flower:

Geordieed
25th-August-2006, 08:20 AM
Many thanks Minnie,

that was such a lovely thing to say. Dancing WCS with you is fab too. You remind me of the women I have danced with in America. :respect:

I love West Coast Swing so much.

Minnie M
25th-August-2006, 05:39 PM
Many thanks Minnie,

that was such a lovely thing to say. Dancing WCS with you is fab too. You remind me of the women I have danced with in America. :respect:

I love West Coast Swing so much.

Thank YOU (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270361&postcount=472) :flower: :hug: to me that is a great compliment :hug:

Lory
26th-August-2006, 03:28 PM
:yeah: I can only imagine what next weeks 1st year WCS birthday party is going to be like!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good news, there's been a change of venue, see HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9425&highlight=twickenham):clap:

Shaz
28th-August-2006, 01:24 AM
Good news, there's been a change of venue, see HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9425&highlight=twickenham):clap:
Does this mean advertising is allowed again :whistle:

tiger
2nd-September-2006, 08:10 AM

jacksondonut
6th-September-2006, 03:17 PM
Looking forward to the birthday celebrations tonight in Twickenham!!:yeah:

See you all later.:flower:

Luv jan

Alice
6th-September-2006, 03:49 PM
Looking forward to the birthday celebrations tonight in Twickenham!!:yeah:

See you all later.:flower:

Luv jan
Woohoo, see you there!! :hug:

Keith J
6th-September-2006, 04:00 PM
Wasn't that last week?
Sssshh it was Cat's birthday on the 3rd Sept, I do not think there is any party or celebration tonight. Also its at the regular venue. You know where I have to be careful having been spanked by the moderators for 'advertising'. I think it was a copy and paste to save typing.

Dizzy
6th-September-2006, 04:02 PM
Woohoo, see you there!! :hug:

I'm not going to WCS tonight :tears:

instead I have tickets to see The Vegemite Tales in the West End. :clap:

Alice
6th-September-2006, 04:08 PM
Wasn't that last week?
Sssshh it was Cat's birthday on the 3rd Sept, I do not think there is any party or celebration tonight. Also its at the regular venue. You know where I have to be careful having been spanked by the moderators for 'advertising'. I think it was a copy and paste to save typing.
As I understood it, the 1-year anniversary of WCS Wednesdays was last week, Cat's birthday was on the 3rd, and while there's nothing properly special about tonight's class she did suggest cake:) (that was from the group email).

Could be wrong though...

But yes we are back at the normal venue:)

EDIT yep just checked, I understood correctly;)

Limpy Tink
6th-September-2006, 06:46 PM
As I understood it, the 1-year anniversary of WCS Wednesdays was last week, Cat's birthday was on the 3rd, and while there's nothing properly special about tonight's class she did suggest cake:) (that was from the group email).

Could be wrong though...

But yes we are back at the normal venue:)

EDIT yep just checked, I understood correctly;)

Im going - and taking cake!! :clap: See you all later. :hug:

jacksondonut
7th-September-2006, 12:34 AM
Had a lovely evening again in Twickenham... just keeps getting better...:yeah: thanks to all who made my evening so much fun..
even my dancing may be improving..:whistle: :whistle: :eek:

I really enjoyed watching all the boys dance with Cat for her birthday dance.. :yeah: (cant wait for my birthday.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

jacksondonut
20th-September-2006, 04:41 PM
Off to sunny Twickers this evening.... hope to catch up with you all later.... :flower: :flower:

Jan

Mary
20th-September-2006, 09:39 PM
Was hoping to go tonight but still more packing to do - it seems never ending, and only one more day to go.

However, I look on the bright side - after Friday we are only walking distance to Funky Lush :wink: :clap:

M

jacksondonut
4th-October-2006, 03:47 PM
Looking forward to catching up with everyone tonight...:yeah:
Missed last week's class..

Think Ed is taking the class tonight..:wink:

See you later.

Msfab
4th-October-2006, 03:50 PM
Think Ed is taking the class tonight..:wink:
Yeap Lisa (the Jill winner) and Ed will be taking the class! And ill be taking your money! :evil laugh::eek:

Catch u later for a dance!:clap:

jacksondonut
4th-October-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeap Lisa (the Jill winner) and Ed will be taking the class! And ill be taking your money! :evil laugh::eek:

Catch u later for a dance!:clap:

oohhh ... yes please... looking forward to it..

luv Jan
xxxxx

Zebra Woman
18th-October-2006, 12:39 PM
At last.....

I am coming to Twickenham with Jan ! :clap:

Can't wait :grin: .

See y'all later

ZW

Ps. Leads - Please feel free to count out loud when you're dancing with me - every little helps.:blush:

robd
18th-October-2006, 12:48 PM
Ps. Leads - Please feel free to count out loud when you're dancing with me - every little helps.:blush:

Leads, be evil. She didn't say what you should count! :devil:

7,33,12 and 41,66 and 52,8,5,59 and 41........

Alice
18th-October-2006, 12:53 PM
Leads, be evil. She didn't say what you should count! :devil:

7,33,12 and 41,66 and 52,8,5,59 and 41........
You evil man. :devil:

(Besides, those numbers would be a bit of a mouthful, wouldn't they?? :wink: )

Zebra Woman
18th-October-2006, 01:33 PM
You evil man. :devil:

(Besides, those numbers would be a bit of a mouthful, wouldn't they?? :wink: )

Nah, he's not called Gobd for nothing you know Alice....

Lory
19th-October-2006, 08:59 AM
I am coming to Twickenham with Jan ! :clap:

It was a good night, wasn't it :grin:

I thought the guest teacher Melanie was absoultely superb :worthy:

The lesson was fast moving, informative and very entertaining. I learnt a lot! :clap:

The floor was horrid again though :sad: A big thank you to this weeks talc fairy, Mary :cheers:

Zebra Woman
19th-October-2006, 10:10 AM
I had a great night. Really enjoyed Melanie's class, the moves were well taught IMO and she was also very entertaining :respect: .

I can't find the right words for this but I'll have a go....

Most of all I enjoyed the way everyone was so supportive of each other and concentrating hard. I have never received so many dancing tips in one night from my dance partners. They were all most welcome. Thank you.

I contemplated on this on the way home....When three people (including Melanie the teacher) point out the same 'things that could be improved' to me - I know they must be right!

Thank you all, I felt very nurtured. :flower:

I'll be back

ZW

Big thank you to Jan for driving :hug:

Lory
19th-October-2006, 10:50 AM
Most of all I enjoyed the way everyone was so supportive of each other and concentrating hard. I have never received so many dancing tips in one night from my dance partners. They were all most welcome. Thank you.

I contemplated on this on the way home....When three people (including Melanie the teacher) point out the same 'things that could be improved' to me

In most regular Ceroc classes i've been to, people tend to only give the complimentary comments but no feedback at all, if anything feels wrong, ;) which I agree is probably the best way to boost any complete beginners confidence, as it makes everyone feel good and lets face it, no one wants to be the bad guy. :cool: Also, we have no idea what aspirations the person has, they might simply be looking to have a fun night out and who cares if they do it wrong? :na:

But I think it's safe to say, most folk that start WCS, are past that stage and welcome the truth and take any feedback positively. I know I do. I'd go as far as to say, I take it as a compliment, that someone's bothering to tell me!:cheers:

I don't know if this is the same in all WCS classes :confused: but it seems to be the culture of 'this class' and personally, I find it really refreshing! :clap:

jacksondonut
19th-October-2006, 02:27 PM
I had a great night. Really enjoyed Melanie's class, the moves were well taught IMO and she was also very entertaining :respect: .

Thank you all, I felt very nurtured. :flower:

I'll be back

ZW

Big thank you to Jan for driving :hug:

I will second ALL of the above... :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

ZW, really lovely to have you on board... anytime :hug: :hug: :hug:

ps... that is why I keep going back.. smashing class, smashing people, luv it, luv it, luv it... :flower: :flower:

Geordieed
26th-October-2006, 02:10 PM
So what did people think of the class last night with Gary McIntyre. :respect:

It was good to have a technique based class like that over moves. To get the dance to work the large majority of the ideas taught fit into most things we do on the dancefloor. It didn't matter what level you were, whether a beginner or upper level beginner the techniques taught applied to everyone. There were a few fried brains by the time freestyle came around.

Well done to Cat for pursuading that level of dancer/instructor to teach her class. It was fantastic to see that sort of demonstration on lead/follow.

Dizzy
26th-October-2006, 02:21 PM
I really enjoyed the class with Gary & Susan last night :respect: :worthy: :worthy: :drool:

It was amazing to watch them do the moves they had taught in freestyle and the class was very refreshing as he was looking at us all and applying techniques to help improve what we were doing. He also taught ways in which to make our WCS look more fluid and stylistic. :drool: :clap:

Thanks to Gary & Susan and to Cat for organising :clap:

jacksondonut
8th-November-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Guys and Girls..:flower:

..looking forward to seeing you all later...:yeah: :yeah: I will be coming down from MK with a famous little Zebra... !!:wink:

Jan

Msfab
10th-January-2007, 06:23 PM
Looking forward to getting back to WCS tonight:clap:

If you were thinking of coming remember that the venue has changed permenantly to St. Mary’s Church Hall (the one will all the walls) and not the one attached to the pub with a sticky floor.

Alice
10th-January-2007, 06:37 PM
Looking forward to getting back to WCS tonight:clap:

If you were thinking of coming remember that the venue has changed permenantly to St. Mary’s Church Hall (the one will all the walls) and not the one attached to the pub with a sticky floor.
Woohoo!! See you there:) :hug:

ALexyMiss
17th-January-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm planning to come along and try this class for the first time tomorrow...

So look forward to seeing some of you there, and be gentle with me on my first try at WCS... :blush: :nice:

Paul F
17th-January-2007, 01:48 PM
One of these days I will get round to going to St Mary's. I have heard good things about it.

Off to the BDF chams tonight so cant make it......again :sad:

NZ Monkey
17th-January-2007, 02:31 PM
Off to the BDF chams tonight so cant make it......again :sad:Always with the excuses...:wink:

Peter
18th-January-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm planning to come along and try this class for the first time tomorrow...

So look forward to seeing some of you there, and be gentle with me on my first try at WCS... :blush: :nice:

Did you enjoy your first WCS night?!

Paul F
19th-January-2007, 01:55 AM
Always with the excuses...:wink:

As it happens it was a fabulous evening in a venue that was a joy to go to. The only thing that let it down was an iffy result in the Pro standard section IMO.
It was also a priviledge to see Anne Gleave again. If anyone knows who she is you will know what I mean. For those who dont know her, she is one of the most prominent ballroom ladies in the world. The thing is, she wasnt even dancing. She was adjudicating. Nevertheless she commands so much attention just by the way she stands!!! Breathtaking poise and posture.

On the point about the venue though, if any organisers want to hold comps and things - the millenium suite in the Effingham Park Copthorne Hotel is absolutely awesome. I think there is a floor there but, depending on the event size, it would need an additional temporary floor.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyones interested.:nice:

jacksondonut
19th-January-2007, 01:28 PM
Just saying Hi to all the Twickenham Crowd... Have missed you all..:sad: its been difficult getting to the class, but hopefully be coming back soon to see you..:clap: :clap: :clap: it was fab seeing Cat and Amir down in Torquay at Rockbottoms, last weekend... they were brilliant and everyone loved them....

Looking forward now to WestonSuperMare dance weekender... :yeah: Hope to see most of you guys there..

lotsa luv:flower:
Jan

ALexyMiss
22nd-January-2007, 10:41 AM
Did you enjoy your first WCS night?!

Absolutely loved it! :clap: :clap: Think I'm totally hooked already :na:

And everyone was SO friendly:hug:

Thanks to you all for the patient dances - and hopefully see you again this week :grin:

Peter
22nd-January-2007, 11:02 AM
Did anyone NOT enjoy the Putney WCS freestyle yesterday? The music was excellent and there were loads of dancers!

Paul F
22nd-January-2007, 01:02 PM
Did anyone NOT enjoy the Putney WCS freestyle yesterday? The music was excellent and there were loads of dancers!

Totally agree. It really was a fantastic freestyle. Plenty of room, good floor, great music, great dancers (in both experience and personality). I dont really get to go on Wednesdays due to other commitments so when these come round I love to go along.
Looking forward to the next one.

robd
22nd-January-2007, 02:27 PM

:yeah: especially to the music. Some great stuff from Greg esp. Michael Jackson and Cameo :respect: It would be good if these could become a regular event.

Msfab
22nd-January-2007, 02:28 PM
It was also good to see so many new faces at the workshop. :clap: And most of them stayed on to freestyle which was great.

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I certainly had a great time!

It was good to see so many who'd attended the 3 hour workshop staying right on till the end of the freestyle. No doubt helped by the fact that the top dancers were dancing with everyone. (And at least one bad person still dancing, when he couldn't even walk, I hope the back hasn't totally seized up today :flower: ) A fab atmosphere, with almost even numbers.

The next one does feel a long way off :tears:

Greg

Dizzy
22nd-January-2007, 02:38 PM
I had a great time at Putney yesterday too :clap:

It was fab music and company - lots of new faces as well as regular favourites.

I was so tired by the end and I only did the freestyle :what:.

Hope that these sundays continue :clap:

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 02:40 PM
esp. Michael Jackson I can't really take credit for that one, apart from the fact that I asked the friend who suggested it, "any requests?"

Greg

spikey blond
22nd-January-2007, 05:14 PM
Had really great afternoon and so good to see so many folk there, especially so many new faces at the workshop. WCS is certainly gaining momentum and events like yesterday will guarantee its future. I had some really wicked dances!! Know I thanked you yesterday, Greg but will do it again - a great set!! :respect: When is the next T-dance, sounds like it might be some way off??

Now Paris and Southport to look forward to - it's going to be a really busy and exciting time!!
:clap: :clap:

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 10:01 PM
When is the next T-dance, sounds like it might be some way off??
I don't think there's a date set yet, but with Cat flying off next month, it won't be until April.

So in February that just leaves Southport, Ashtead, & Oxford with plenty of WCS freestyle, ...
Hmm, it's looking a bit sparse in March though.

Greg

Paul F
22nd-January-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't think there's a date set yet, but with Cat flying off next month, it won't be until April.

So in February that just leaves Southport, Ashtead, & Oxford with plenty of WCS freestyle, ...
Hmm, it's looking a bit sparse in March though.

Greg

do we know a date for oxford?

Lory
25th-January-2007, 12:16 PM
Last night, poor Cat wasn't very well and Lee was away, so Amir gallantly stood in :cheers:

I think he must have been inspired by the snow, as we had a fun lesson all about sliding. :D

It was nothing like our usual lessons, (at one point I felt like I was at a school 'sports day':rofl: ) but it was good fun and on a personal note, I'm very glad I managed to be the subject of much hilarity for MsFab! :devil:

Anyway, well done Amir but please wish Cat well and tell her to hurry back soon! :cheers: :D

Sheepman
26th-January-2007, 12:50 AM
do we know a date for oxford?That'll be Saturday 24th.

Alice
26th-January-2007, 04:36 PM
well done Amir
:yeah: I really enjoyed the class:) Well done for pulling it off with (I imagine) very little notice:flower:

The slides were fun too:devil:

Caro
26th-January-2007, 05:03 PM
I think he must have been inspired by the snow, as we had a fun lesson all about sliding. :D

sliding now that's cool... :D
can you do the heel slide thingy? can't manage it, would you show me at SP? :wink:

Lory
26th-January-2007, 05:10 PM
sliding now that's cool... :D

I can definitely do 'some kind of slidey thing' :clap:

...how cool it looks, is an entirely different matter! :na:

But, i'll show you at SP anyway and you can have a good laugh, if nothing else!
:wink:

Msfab
14th-February-2007, 02:25 PM
We're in for a treat this evening! :clap: Heidi Groskreutz will be making her debut appearance at Twickenham tonight where shes talking both classes!

Dizzy
14th-February-2007, 02:39 PM
We're in for a treat this evening! :clap: Heidi Groskreutz will be making her debut appearance at Twickenham tonight where shes talking both classes!

Heidi as in Benji and Heidi?

Cool!!! I am so there!! :D :clap: not that I wouldn't be there anyway :innocent:

Msfab
14th-February-2007, 02:50 PM
Heidi as in Benji and Heidi?

Yep as in a US Open Showcase Winner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0GzFJGxno)and most recently finalist in the USA’s “So You Think You Can Dance”, partnering her cousin Benji Schwimmer who went on to win the series.

Geordieed
14th-February-2007, 03:15 PM
Omg...

Lory
14th-February-2007, 03:52 PM
Omg...

OMG indeed! :yeah: :worthy:

I feel fatter already....

Caro
14th-February-2007, 04:13 PM
OMG indeed! :yeah: :worthy:

:yeah: :really: :drool:

I'm so jealous of you guys!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

I want to live in London!!!!

Simon r
14th-February-2007, 04:18 PM
Have a good time i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous

can't make it as i am teaching please let us have a full report

NZ Monkey
14th-February-2007, 05:49 PM
Why is it that every time I miss a single week some fantastic foriegner takes the class...? It's personal right? :na:

Have a great class everyone and and best wishes to you all from Aberdeen!

FoxyFunkster
14th-February-2007, 06:42 PM
Omg...

I wonder i Heidi would mind if i tried the donut drop with her!!!! :rolleyes:

Mary
15th-February-2007, 12:13 AM
I am so gutted I didn't finish work in time for this. I had my bag in the car to go straight there, but we went on til quite late and it's a long drive from Maidstone and would only have made it for about 20mins of freestyle! :tears: :tears:

M

Alice
15th-February-2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah I couldn't make it either:tears:

Hope you all had a fab time!!

Lory
15th-February-2007, 01:12 AM
Ok guys, I'm just back and can report, she was like a little stick of dynamite, small but makes a large impact! :waycool: :clap: :worthy:

The lesson was 'funky' (and I felt old:blush: )she got us all body popping and doing all sorts of body isolations but it was fun, fast moving and extremely motavating!:nice:

She joined in the freestyle after and seemed to enjoy herself too.:na:

And just so those of you who missed tonight don't feel too bad, I can deliver good news, apparently, tonight was the first of a few visits to Twicks over the next 3 months (news will be out as soon as she and Cat have got together with their diary's)

I can't wait till the next one!:yeah:

Geordieed
15th-February-2007, 09:37 AM
Sounds like a workshop is on its way too.

It is amazing the speed the likes of Heidi and Cat generate when they dance.

Although he won't read this I have to say well done to Lee for partnering her for the lesson.

Keith J
15th-February-2007, 05:23 PM
Absolutely fabulous, it's so good to be exposed to all these variations in teaching techniques & styles from the worlds best, in dear old Twickers'.
Who would have thought it?
Heidi gave 100% all evening, extremely approachable and helpful with techniques she taught in her class.:respect:
Thanks to Cat' for bringing her in.
Also a highlight, watching Paul Warden work his magic with her, was fantastic she also had a great time, freestyle better than many a prepared demo' dance.
Make the effort to be there its so worth the trip.:clap:

FoxyFunkster
15th-February-2007, 08:50 PM
Absolutely fabulous, it's so good to be exposed to all these variations in teaching techniques & styles from the worlds best, in dear old Twickers'.
Who would have thought it?
Heidi gave 100% all evening, extremely approachable and helpful with techniques she taught in her class.:respect:
Thanks to Cat' for bringing her in.
Also a highlight, watching Paul Warden work his magic with her, was fantastic she also had a great time, freestyle better than many a prepared demo' dance.
Make the effort to be there its so worth the trip.:clap:

Paul Warden dancing with Heidi???? i bet that was awesome....and great to hear that she was on a level too not.....couldn`t make last night to practice my donut drop with Heidi but i`m defo coming next time....

FoxyFunkster
15th-February-2007, 08:52 PM
Paul Warden dancing with Heidi???? i bet that was awesome....and great to hear that she was on a level too not.....couldn`t make last night to practice my donut drop with Heidi but i`m defo coming next time....

that should have read...great to hear she was on a level and down to earth...forget the not bit....it was a typo....

Rock Princess
16th-February-2007, 09:27 PM
:sad: I can't believe it, sounds like I missed such a treat.I left home at 6.30pm and was still stuck in traffic @ 10.35pm with only 10 miles to go. It would have been my first time at twickers as well

ALexyMiss
21st-February-2007, 06:08 PM
I'll be back at Twickers tonight :clap: after a few weeks of being unable to make it. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Lory
1st-March-2007, 10:28 AM
Good News!

Heidi is back teaching again, next week and the week after! :clap:

Peter
1st-March-2007, 10:30 AM
Good News!

CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aSE3MHXZM) for Heidi

Mary
1st-March-2007, 11:09 AM
Good News!

Aaaarggh! I'm going to miss her again! I am away next week. Just hope I can make it for the following week.

M

Keith J
16th-March-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi I think heidi said she is back on Wedn 25th April.
She gives out some great tips on isolations and variations on standard patterns.
She did a real nice sugar push where the follows side contacts the leads side and they effectiely pass with a body ripple.
Ab' fab stuff on a Wedn night.

Alice
16th-March-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi I think heidi said she is back on Wedn 25th April.

Yay!!! Finally I will get to experience her teaching:)
*bounce* in a non-wcs way, of course

Sheepman
16th-March-2007, 10:31 PM
Ab' fab stuff on a Wedn night. :yeah: When she teaches, she is buzzing with energy, even when she's standing still! :confused:

But I shall miss her workshop in May, :tears: as it clashes with Blaze.

Greg

Msfab
11th-April-2007, 03:47 PM
Heidi Groskreutz is back at Twickenham for the next 2 weeks. There will be only 1 hour class and then an extended freestyle :clap:

Dizzy
11th-April-2007, 03:58 PM
Hoorah!! I am allowed back to Wed WCS class after having to work for the last 3 wednesdays :tears:

I am so glad that I am able to come to Heidi's classes :clap:. See everyone there :clap:

Caro
11th-April-2007, 04:25 PM
Once again I am so gutted I don't live in London. :tears:

Enjoy the class peeps :flower: - let us know how it was pleeeease, and do give the sassy details about ribcage 'pops' :wink:

Dizzy
12th-April-2007, 10:49 AM
Once again I am so gutted I don't live in London. :tears:

Enjoy the class peeps :flower: - let us know how it was pleeeease, and do give the sassy details about ribcage 'pops' :wink:

I don't know what you are complaining about - this weekend, I would rather be in Scotland with a whole weekend of WCS with 3 different teachers :tears:

Hope that you have a good time :wink:

Just for you though, the class last night night was great fun but very hard work :sick:. Heidi taught us one move where the man had to spin and one move where the woman had to spin on one foot. :sick:

Plus Paul Warden did an effective job as demo (as a follow :whistle: :respect: )

Peter
1st-June-2007, 10:26 AM
Should we be anticipating a significant increase in numbers on a Wed eve at Twickenham in Sep after Paul F's six week beginners WCS course at Clapham on a Tues night? (http://www.ceroclondon.com/wcs.htm)

robd
22nd-May-2008, 09:44 AM
Bump, bump :waycool:

Made the long journey down to Twickenham last night and it was made worthwhile by a couple of really excellent dances in the freestyle. I still enjoy this night every time I can get there - challenging intermediate class and though I ducked out to the pub to see the last period of extra time in the football I still got back in time for plenty of enjoyable social dancing.

Smiley Sue
22nd-May-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for driving Rob:hug:Really glad to have finally made it down to the famous Weds @ Twickers. Enjoyable class (esp that beautiful body line Paul W demonstrated:devil:) & great fun freestyle. Just wish it could have been longer ....even tho' I didn't get home until after 1am as it was:eek:.
Best of luck for Cat & Paul in Atlanta.
See you peeps around soon.
SueX:)

Caro
13th-August-2008, 03:09 PM
I just remembered that John Lindo will be teaching the class at Twick tonight. :D

I've never met him but he seems so much fun from his JnJ vids. I can't wait ! :clap:

robd
13th-August-2008, 03:17 PM
I just remembered that John Lindo will be teaching the class at Twick tonight. :D

I'll be there Frenchy, I couldn't miss a night where the, ahem, slightly larger than average waistline is de rigeur now could I?

Caro
13th-August-2008, 03:22 PM
I'll be there Frenchy

good to see you back at Twick :nice:

I couldn't miss a night where the, ahem, slightly larger than average waistline is de rigeur now could I?

Indeed, you'll fit right in... :innocent:

robd
13th-August-2008, 03:23 PM
Indeed, you'll fit right in... :innocent:

I bet you say that to all the boys.

Mary
13th-August-2008, 05:15 PM

Ahem, if I could butt in on all this smut-speak, can I reserve a space on your dance card this evening please? :flower:

M

Caro
13th-August-2008, 05:27 PM

you wouldn't be the first to wish that hun :flower:

robd
21st-August-2008, 08:50 AM
Went to Twickenham again last night for an unprecedented second week running. I think in some ways it is becoming a victim of its own success - numbers were decent again though not quite at last week's level but this meant that I (and I am sure a lot of others) found the class walkthroughs difficult as there simply wasn't room to move off the slot without impairing the couple next to you. It also meant in some cases e.g left side pass compromising how you would like to do the pattern in order to fit the available space. The social dancefloor was also a wee bit more crowded than I like with lots of collisions/near-collisions going on and given that I wasn't dancing very well anyway it wasn't the most enjoyable night I have had there. Having said all that, it's great that so many people are interested in learning WCS.

On the plus side both Kev/Lory and Paul/Manal provided well delivered, interesting and usable routines for their classes and we were treated to not one but two performances of Cat and Paul's new classic routine which I really enjoyed.

Lory
21st-August-2008, 09:19 AM
I think in some ways it is becoming a victim of its own success - numbers were decent again though not quite at last week's level Yes, I agree, its becoming a bit of a squash and got a bit uncomfortable at times. But I was chatting to Cat last night and she said she's going to give it a couple more weeks, to see if the high numbers continue and if so, she'll definitely relocate to a larger venue! :clap:

On the plus side both Kev/Lory and Paul/Manal provided well delivered, interesting and usable routines for their classesThank you :nice:

and we were treated to not one but two performances of Cat and Paul's new classic routine which I really enjoyed.
:yeah: and I'm sure they'll do us proud in the USA this weekend! Its the first time they'll be competing against 'the big names'. Woo hoo!
Paul decided to unleash his deadly secret weapon during the class last night, demonstrating how he plans to wipe them all out... but believe me, it had nothing to do with dancing! :sick::rofl:

Gerry
21st-August-2008, 09:56 AM
Well done to Kev and Lory :friend: on a very interesting and fun beginners class, especially when I was a follower

Paul F
8th-September-2008, 03:35 PM
So did the second room work this last Wednesday?

I have heard that it is getting really really busy now. Someone mentioned a second room to ease the overcrowding. Was it open last week? Did it work?

I want to make it down again but not if it means I can't dance :sick:

Caro
8th-September-2008, 04:05 PM
Quick reminder that this week Robert and Nicola Royston will be teaching. :clap:

Paul F
8th-September-2008, 04:10 PM
Quick reminder that this week Robert and Nicola Royston will be teaching. :clap:

Oh yeah!
Would love to go to that. Trouble is, I am worried thats going to be even busier! :confused:

Paul F
10th-September-2008, 12:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing car shares to/from Twickenham from the South.

I recently moved to Horley (near Gatwick Airport) and am looking to get to Twickenham when I can. Of course, it makes it easier (and cheaper) if I can sort out a car share.

And yes, I AM going tonight despite the fact that it will be packed. :nice:

Gerry
10th-September-2008, 12:50 PM
This should be a quality nite :yeah:with the Roystons :worthy:teaching, last April they came just before WSM, there class was FAB it gave everyone in the room from beginner to advanced so much to think about.

Whats even better is that I have my first private with Robert:clap::clap::clap:

Caro
10th-September-2008, 12:59 PM

go you ! Robert is excellent in 1to1 tuition. It's one the privates that left me feeling the most upbeat about my dancing :nice:

Gerry
11th-September-2008, 10:21 AM

Wow
You just have to get a private from Robert, he is simply the best.

Anyone who show me how to use my feet knows what he is talking about.

All I need to do is practice, practice and practice some more:yeah:

Paul F
11th-September-2008, 10:33 AM
Was it busy last night? Didn't risk it in the end :nice:

Caro
11th-September-2008, 10:37 AM
Was it busy last night? Didn't risk it in the end :nice:

it was busy, but nowhere near as bad as when Kyle was there.

Lory
25th-October-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey! Guess who I spotted dancing on X Factor tonight... Our very own Twickers regular, Glenn Ball :waycool:

I danced with him on Weds and he didn't say a word :WetHaddock: bless him :hug:

Caro
25th-October-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey! Guess who I spotted dancing on X Factor tonight... Our very own Twickers regular, Glenn Ball :waycool:

cool !

By the way I wondered how was the class by Christopher and Katrina on wednesday ? What did you guys think of them ?

Lory
25th-October-2008, 11:03 PM
cool !

By the way I wondered how was the class by Christopher and Katrina on wednesday ? What did you guys think of them ?

It was fabulous! They put together a couple of very clever and informative lessons.

When they said they were going to spend 45mins concentrating on just the whip, I thought, hey ho, here we going again :doh: But no... they taught it in a completely different way, they forgot about the footwork and concentrated on leading with the body and the body positions we should be in on every 2 counts

In their words..
1st 2 beats, lady comes in
2nd lady changes direction
3rd into close hold
4th reach extention

Then in the second lesson they taught, how to 'build' patterns. Starting with a basic whip and adding a difference on every 2 beats, ending up with quite a complicated routine but they showed how each section could be added or taken away, creating a different pattern each time :worthy:

Edit to add

they said they never think in counts of 6's or 8's, they think in counts of 2.. i.e. a whip = 4 sets of 2 beats

and p.s. i'm rubbish at explaining this stuff on paper :blush:

robd
25th-October-2008, 11:44 PM

I didn't go on Weds but I did do 3 classes with them at Frimley Green today and it sounds as though they did similar stuff to that which Lory mentions in her post. I thought they were engaging and had a clear idea of what they were about and how to convey that to those of us in the class. They also helped to reinforce just how critical it is within WCS (actually within any partner dance I guess) for the leader to be aware of their follower's position and vice versa and to adjust their dance accordingly (for example, no charging down to the expected end of slot for follows) I also really liked their concept of counting patterns in 2s rather than 6s or 8s say - I have been exposed to it before from other teachers but never really taken it on board.

They are due to teach at Trent Park on Monday, I certainly intend to be there.

Minnie M
26th-October-2008, 09:13 AM

I have him as a facebook friend and he put it in his status - so I looked out for him :clap: (Fab dancer)

Lory
17th-April-2009, 10:49 AM
Just in case anyone's not on Cat's mailing list, here's an important snippet from her last letter

Regrettably, due to personal circumstances, West Coast Swing Wednesdays will be on hiatus, effective immediately. Hopefully this will only be a short term closure.

As she says, lets hope its only a short term closure ;)