PDA

View Full Version : Easter - 14-17th April

Lynn
22nd-March-2006, 12:54 PM
Just thinking, with starting a new job after Easter I probably won't be able to take much time off for a while until I get settled in, so was thinking I could maybe pop over to London for a few days at Easter. Rather surprisingly flights are not yet at silly prices.

But perhaps everything stops for the Easter break? Is there anything on? (MJ and/or Tango.)

Tiggerbabe
22nd-March-2006, 04:20 PM
What you thinking about girl? London? :eek: Get yourself to Aberdeen for the Beach Ballroom Blues Weekend, there's even a wooly person coming up for it and doing a spot of guest dj-ing *fingers crossed smiley* :clap:

Dizzy
22nd-March-2006, 04:25 PM
I think that there is a Jango T-Jive on the sunday, Lynn :clap: :clap:

fletch
22nd-March-2006, 04:33 PM
We are doing a weekender at Oxford looks good

easter tezer at Heythrop park

www.cerocoxford.com

:flower:

stewart38
22nd-March-2006, 05:26 PM

www.cerocoxford.com

This looks good who else is going ?

Cruella
22nd-March-2006, 05:31 PM
This looks good who else is going ?
Still not sure whether i'm doing Oxford or Aberdeen. But i'll definately be at one or the other. Indecisive, me? never.:rolleyes:

Rhythm King
22nd-March-2006, 06:05 PM
Still not sure whether i'm doing Oxford or Aberdeen. But i'll definately be at one or the other. Indecisive, me? never.:rolleyes:

Fab avatar! :rofl:

R-K x

Lynn
22nd-March-2006, 06:27 PM
What you thinking about girl? London? :eek: Get yourself to Aberdeen for the Beach Ballroom Blues Weekend, there's even a wooly person coming up for it and doing a spot of guest dj-ing *fingers crossed smiley* :clap:Oh, interesting! Yes I suppose I was thinking London because would like to fit in some tangoy stuff. I can't make the BFG so it would be great to come over to Scotland! And Blues mmmm...

Will check, though Abderdeen prices, flight times etc are not good from Belfast. :(

LilyB
22nd-March-2006, 08:15 PM
DavidB and I will be going to Ceroc Oxford's Easter Teazer at Heythrop Park. :clap:

Little Monkey
22nd-March-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, interesting! Yes I suppose I was thinking London because would like to fit in some tangoy stuff. I can't make the BFG so it would be great to come over to Scotland! And Blues mmmm...

Will check, though Abderdeen prices, flight times etc are not good from Belfast. :(

Oooh, please come to Aberdeen! The wooly one and I will be there the whole weekend! Pleasepleasepleaseplease come to Scotland! :flower:

Lynn
23rd-March-2006, 09:35 AM
Oooh, please come to Aberdeen! Oh dear, can't afford it. :tears: Just had a look at flights and did some calculations - would cost me over £300 for the weekend including flights, weekend and hotel. (Why do Flybe charge almost £50 in taxes? :mad: )

Ah well, it was just a thought as I would have a few days off. I guess Easter isn't maybe a good time to go dancing.

Thanks guys for the suggestions though.:flower:

senorita
23rd-March-2006, 02:46 PM

I dont have to be indecisive....I cant go dancing....well not in the UK.....
I'm busy flying to the caribbean Islands :D will be doing plenty of latin dancing there :grin: :drool:

Did I tell you I was going on holiday?? :D 21 days to go :clap: :clap:

drathzel
23rd-March-2006, 04:26 PM
I'll be in Paris as my lovely bf has booked us a romantic weekend away:awe:

Cruella
23rd-March-2006, 04:54 PM
DavidB and I will be going to Ceroc Oxford's Easter Teazer at Heythrop Park. :clap:
Great DJ line up too, John Baker friday night and Marc saturday.:clap:

WittyBird
23rd-March-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh dear, can't afford it. :tears: Just had a look at flights and did some calculations -

Why don't you fly to Luton and come stay with me then?
Then all you have to worry about is your flights and dancing :D

Lynn
24th-March-2006, 12:21 PM
Why don't you fly to Luton and come stay with me then?
Then all you have to worry about is your flights and dancing :DThanks hun, that's so kind.:hug: :flower:

I hope it didn't sound like I was fishing for accomodation offers :blush: (not saying any aren't appreciated, its lovely staying with dancers, and having them stay with me!)

I guess I was trying to find out what dancing was on and where so I could decide if I should come over. I won't want to be taking too much time off when I first start my new job, I want to be all keen and enthusiastic (and really want the Fri and Mon for Southport in June).

Tiggerbabe
24th-March-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, we've got the Sheepman DJing on Friday night in Aberdeen :D still not gonna change your mind Lynn? :wink: :whistle:

ducasi
24th-March-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh dear, can't afford it. :tears: Just had a look at flights and did some calculations - would cost me over £300 for the weekend including flights, weekend and hotel.
Could you get a flight to Glasgow or Edinburgh and get a lift up with someone who's going? Might also be able to find someone who could put you up in Aberdeen...

I'd offer the lift, except I don't have any transport of my own...

Lynn
24th-March-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, we've got the Sheepman DJing on Friday night in Aberdeen :D still not gonna change your mind Lynn? :wink: :whistle:Oh yeah make me want to go even more...:tears:

Need to check what way I'm working my leave allowance at my current job, before I decide on good use of my free time. (I suppose I could do some decorating at home or something really boring like that...:rolleyes: )

Rhythm King
25th-March-2006, 09:45 AM
I shall be in Cirencester for 10 days over Easter. Any recommendations?

fletch
25th-March-2006, 09:52 AM
Oxford's not far I don't think :confused:

Hope to see you:flower:

TheTramp
25th-March-2006, 10:53 AM
Shoot yourself now!!

spindr
25th-March-2006, 01:16 PM

Use the map :) http://www.afterfive.co.uk/maps/Index-links.html

SpinDr

Breeny
30th-March-2006, 01:06 PM
Wont be at scotland or oxford as i will be dancing in alcester at the easter ball. i know they have a few tickets left if you want to come and join in.

LilyB
16th-April-2006, 10:50 PM

www.cerocoxford.com

We've just got back from the Easter Tezer weekender. What a superb event this was!:clap:

The best venue of any UK weekender that I have been to - Heythrop Park, a magnificent 18th-century manor house hotel with its own golf course and swimming pool. Absolutely brilliant music from John Baker on Friday night, Marc Forster on Saturday night and CerocOxford's own Flynn for the T-dance on Sunday. The black-tie event on Saturday night was, I believe, a first for an MJ weekender and you can't possibly choose a more magnificent setting for a ball. First class entertainment laid on as well - UK MJ Champions Phil & Yuko performed a scintillating cabaret on Friday:respect: and a top-ranking latin couple, Wilfred Sammartino and Nicola Hughes, gave a mesmerising performance on the Saturday night:worthy: .

I know where I'll be going again next Easter!

stewart38
17th-April-2006, 11:42 AM
We've just got back from the Easter Tezer weekender. What a superb event this was!:clap:

The best venue of any UK weekender that I have been to - Heythrop Park, a magnificent 18th-century manor house hotel with its own golf course and swimming pool. Absolutely brilliant music from John Baker on Friday night, Marc Forster on Saturday night and CerocOxford's own Flynn for the T-dance on Sunday. The black-tie event on Saturday night was, I believe, a first for an MJ weekender and you can't possibly choose a more magnificent setting for a ball. First class entertainment laid on as well - UK MJ Champions Phil & Yuko performed a scintillating cabaret on Friday:respect: and a top-ranking latin couple, Wilfred Sammartino and Nicola Hughes, gave a mesmerising performance on the Saturday night:worthy: .

I know where I'll be going again next Easter!

Yes to all that , probably however could have had some better organisation, sunday music didnt do it for me :sad: Friday great, numbers suffered on satuday no doubt due to black tie event ?, i went for a walk anyway :whistle: Marc music was great and loved the running about re 'the Management turning the lights on and him /Rachel turning them on :grin:

Anyway where else would you get asked to dance by great dancers :flower:

Certainly do it again

some pics of stewart38 'practicing some kissing'

Fletch waiting for nos 5 bus and Lucy and various assortments from the event

Saturdays caberet great sorry didnt get a decent pic of that :sad: more to follow

fletch
17th-April-2006, 11:58 AM
Marc music was great and loved the running about re 'the Management turning the lights on and him /Rachel turning them on :grin:

Anyway where else would you get asked to dance by great dancers :flower:

Certainly do it again

Fletch waiting for nos 5 bus

Friday's dancing seem better, and it was nice to see some old faces and unexpected ones (Mr & Mrs underpar):clap:

The music on Saturday was just what we have come to expect from Marc 'the best':worthy:
I decided to change my dress after Victors attempt to shake me out of it :sick: and I was able to concentrate more on my moves.:na:

And S38 do you think men are like buses? perhaps that's why i'm still weighting.:tears:

The food was FAB and so was the surroundings, this was a quality event and with good company it cost me £130 for the weekend which included full breakfast and food in the evening, to me for what we got the was great value for money and i will defiantly be booking the next.:cheers:

Roy is a FAB host, and i'm sure we will need to book early to avoid disappointment on the next:hug:

stewart38
17th-April-2006, 12:02 PM
Caberet pics didnt come out (saturday). So many changes of clothes well done to them

Pic of outside, lovely setting

Also touching a box of flowers outside everyones room in the morning :respect:

fletch
17th-April-2006, 12:12 PM
Some photo's

Nice one of S38 in the background

Ho and S38 were you ok on Saturday evening :confused: I hope it was'nt a it a tumy bug that ment you had to go back to your room all evening :rolleyes:

:wink: :whistle:

WittyBird
17th-April-2006, 12:13 PM
Ho and S38 were you ok on Saturday evening :confused: I hope it was'nt a it a tumy bug that ment you had to go back to your room all evening :rolleyes:

Yeah heard about that :rofl:

stewart38
17th-April-2006, 12:16 PM
Another pic of caberet and another costume change by the girl me thinks the man :respect: she had only been dancing 4yrs ?

me as Mussolini :grin:

stewart38
17th-April-2006, 12:21 PM
Some photo's

Nice one of S38 in the background

:wink: :whistle:

yes I had mouth open as sore same thing as your partner :what:

Yes tummy bug got better thankyou and was able to stuggle back and enjoy the end of the evening :grin:

fletch
17th-April-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes tummy bug got better thankyou and was able to stuggle back and enjoy the end of the evening :grin:
I was surprised you were able to dance, those tummy bugs can be draining:wink: :whistle:

:rofl:

stewart38
17th-April-2006, 01:39 PM
I was surprised you were able to dance, those tummy bugs can be draining:wink: :whistle:

:rofl:

I told you that wasnt mayonaise on the table but you had to have a taste, :sick: