PDA

View Full Version : Scotland, wye-eye!!!

LMC
22nd-March-2006, 01:15 AM
It's been too long since I've toured the Highlands & Islands, so I am doing a ROAD TRIP - driving up to Scotland Friday 28 April and going back the day after the BFG - 15 May (I'm taking Tuesday off to recover :D )

What's on during that fortnight dancing-wise? - and can anyone recommend good places to stay? - I'm in the Devoncove for the BFG weekend but have otherwise booked nothing!

Look forward to seeing (and dancing with) lots of you while I'm there :flower:

ducasi
22nd-March-2006, 02:16 AM
Besides the usual classes, etc., on the weekend of the 29th/30th, Steve's doing his Feeling Good workshop in Glasgow, to be performed at the BFG... And on the Saturday there's a party in Edinburgh...

Whisper it: On the following Saturday, there's a Leroc party in Glasgow.

I guess both Sundays will have a "Focus On..." workshop & "Smooth Grooves" freestyle in Stirling with Franck and Sheena... We haven't yet heard about the new format for them...

Besides the obvious Glasgow and Edinburgh, you should try to get to at least Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee – there's some great people and great dancers in these places. (At least, the girls are good, I presume the guys are too... ;))

Looking forward to seeing you in Scotland. :flower:

BTW, we don't say "wye-eye" in Scotland – that's Newcastle and Geordies you're thinking of... :rolleyes:

under par
22nd-March-2006, 04:18 AM
BTW, we don't say "wye-eye" in Scotland – that's Newcastle and Geordies you're thinking of... :rolleyes:

Come on now LMC you are from London aren't you :whistle: "oohh argh!" "oohh argh!!" know what I mean?

Aleks
22nd-March-2006, 10:41 AM
can anyone recommend good places to stay?

My house!

Piglet
23rd-March-2006, 05:32 PM
you should try to get to at least Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee – there's some great people and great dancers in these places.
If you do make it to Aberdeen I will point you in the right direction of the lovely dancers :D and try and keep you safe from the not-so-lovely ones. Fortunately there are usually lots of lovely dancers around though.

drathzel
24th-March-2006, 12:03 AM
i'll be there for the bfg :clap:

Little Em
24th-March-2006, 08:41 AM
i'll be there for the bfg :clap:

me too!!:D

be lovely to see you again, catch up with all the goss!!:hug:

drathzel
24th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
me too!!:D

be lovely to see you again, catch up with all the goss!!:hug:

:yeah: looking forward to it!!!:D

Petal
25th-March-2006, 06:07 PM
Besides the obvious Glasgow and Edinburgh, you should try to get to at least Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee

..... and Perth? :flower:

Heather
25th-March-2006, 06:10 PM

:yeah:

Why does everyone seem to forget about Perth?
:hug:
Heather
XX

Dance Demon
25th-March-2006, 06:52 PM

And Stirling......:wink:

ducasi
25th-March-2006, 07:38 PM
Perth too. :flower:

(Though a lot of my favourite Perth dancers can also be found in Dundee.)

And Stirling too. Anywhere else I should mention? Oh, Brechin, even though I've not made it there yet. :nice:

Jive Brummie
26th-March-2006, 07:31 PM

:hug:
Heather
XX

:rolleyes:

PretzelMeister
17th-April-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi LMC,

There's the Edinburgh Monthly Party in Marco's on Sat 29th - probably just long enough after you arrive for you to recover from the drive.

As Ducasi says, Steve (Tramp) is running choregraphed routine workshops in Glasgow on Sat 29th (12-2, 3-5) & Sun 30th (11-1, 2-4) to Michael Buble's "Feeling Good". Dunno if there's any spaces left - plus you'd need to rustle-up a pardner.

Not sure if there's going to be a dance on at Mama Morton's in Dundee on Sat 6th May - hope to find out nearer the time. But there's definitely a Leroc party on in Glasgow on Sat 6th.

Guess you'll be checkng-out the odd class or two, too, huh? If so, can particularly recommend Glasgow Tuesdays and Edinburgh Thursdays. (I'm not saying the others aren't also good - just that they're my faves. And Perth & Dundee, etc are a bit far to go on a school night - but good if you can make it as they seem to have a high density of especially good dancers there.)

Don't know if I've ever danced with you before (but I don't think so) - hope I catch for a dance or 2 when you're up.

Happy Travels,

PM

Tiggerbabe
17th-April-2006, 03:27 PM
As Ducasi says, Steve (Tramp) is running choregraphed routine workshops in Glasgow on Sat 29th (12-2, 3-5) & Sun 30th (11-1, 2-4) to Michael Buble's "Feeling Good". Dunno if there's any spaces left - plus you'd need to rustle-up a pardner.

Sunday is also 12 - 5, Paul, changed due to the hall booking :D

Lindsay
17th-April-2006, 09:00 PM
What's on during that fortnight dancing-wise? - and can anyone recommend good places to stay? - I'm in the Devoncove for the BFG weekend but have otherwise booked nothing!
Look forward to seeing (and dancing with) lots of you while I'm there :flower:
Hi LMC, there are 2 parties (http://www.linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/df%20parties.htm) in Perth- Fri 21st and Sat 22nd April. Hope to see ya there!