PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Hop in Ealing

TiggsTours
21st-March-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

For anyone who's interested in learning Lindy Hop, I can highly recommend Ealing Hoppers on a Monday night

Three excellent classes all taught on a real intimate workshop type basis, freestyle dancing until you want to leave, meet up for something to eat first if you fancy it, beautiful little room in a pub, lovely floor, superb teachers and great music, and all for £6!

Beginners 7:30 - 8:15
Freestyle 8:15 - 8:30
Improvers 8:30 - 9:15
Freestyle 9:15 - 9:30
Intermediate 9:30 - 10:15
Freestyle 10:15 - 11:00 (or people leave if earlier)

Andy & Rena are starting a new 10 week course next Monday, starting right from the basics, so its a great time to start.

This isn't a commercial advert, I don't work for Hoppers, I'm a paying customer there, just a personal recommendation to anyone who's interested in learning Lindy.

Lindsay
24th-March-2006, 12:05 AM
This isn't a commercial advert, I don't work for Hoppers, I'm a paying customer there, just a personal recommendation to anyone who's interested in learning Lindy.

Hear hear!! They're fab teachers and great dancers! It seems you can promote what you like if it's South of the border, so don't worry :wink:

tiger
1st-October-2006, 02:05 PM
Anyone know what this class is like?
is it suitable for complete beginners?

TiggsTours
2nd-October-2006, 10:31 AM
Anyone know what this class is like?
is it suitable for complete beginners?

Absolutely! The beginners class starts at 7:30 and is quite small, so you get plenty of real one-to-one help, also, the experienced dancers there really do appreciate how important it is to keep doing ALL levels of class, and learn the opposite side (leaders learn to follow and vice versa) so you get plenty of people who really do know what they're doing in all the classes.

As there are only quite short bursts of freestyle too, the concentration really is on learning, so its great for dancers of all levels.

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-October-2006, 11:11 AM
If you do go, though, just don't mention that you do Ceroc. You know what these Lindy types are like. :wink:

straycat
2nd-October-2006, 01:42 PM
If you do go, though, just don't mention that you do Ceroc. You know what these Lindy types are like. :wink:

Yeah. We eat little Cerocers for breakfast, then spit out their bones onto the street. :devil:

Or was I not supposed to mention that? :whistle:

TiggsTours
2nd-October-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah. We eat little Cerocers for breakfast, then spit out their bones onto the street. :devil:

Or was I not supposed to mention that? :whistle:

No, they can mention the word "Ceroc" so long as they don't actually do so on the dance floor. If they do they can either say 12 "Hail Mary's" straight afterwards, and beat themselves with a stick, or they have to leave the room, turn round in an anti-clockwise circle 10 times, and spit in a southerly direction before they can return.

alex
2nd-October-2006, 02:44 PM
or they have to leave the room, turn round in an anti-clockwise circle 10 times, and spit in a southerly direction before they can return.isnt that an official ceroc move now?

alex

straycat
2nd-October-2006, 02:54 PM
isnt that an official ceroc move now?

alex

No - they tried it, but the footwork was too complex :devil:

TheTramp
2nd-October-2006, 04:40 PM
No, they can mention the word "Ceroc" so long as they don't actually do so on the dance floor. If they do they can either say 12 "Hail Mary's" straight afterwards, and beat themselves with a stick, or they have to leave the room, turn round in an anti-clockwise circle 10 times, and spit in a southerly direction before they can return.

I thought that it was "Hail Frankie's"?

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-October-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I'll try an experiment. I shall go, wearing a Ceroc t-shirt. And see who says what.

TheTramp
2nd-October-2006, 08:02 PM
Don't be silly. You don't travel that far for dancing!! :rolleyes:

straycat
2nd-October-2006, 11:10 PM
I think I'll try an experiment. I shall go, wearing a Ceroc t-shirt. And see who says what.

Mawahahaha. That was fun. Sorry everyone - we've just sacrificed ESG on a stone altar to the shade of Benny Goodman.

Hope no-one wanted him back... :devil: