PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool 2006 Dvd

HITMAN
21st-March-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know I've completed the 2006 A Chance 2 Dance LTD UK Open Jive Competition Dvd/s, sorry it's taking me so long (just over 2 weeks) but at 10 hours long spread over 5 discs I'm sure you can understand.

All orders will be sent out over the next couple of days first class post so everybody who has already ordered should receive them by Saturday at the latest.

For those of you who have not ordered (and why not?) you can have a two minute preview of disc 5 which covers the Team Cabaret and Double Trouble sections. The small clip you will see is from the winning routine from Scotland with Superhero's, please note the quality you will see has been reduced to show on the web. If you wish to purchase any of the 5 discs please pm me or email me from the website www.jivevideo.co.uk

Disc 1 contains Take a Chance,
Disc 2 contains Intermediates,
Disc 3 contains Advanced & Seniors,
Disc 4 contains Spotlight, 20 minutes from the evening freestyle, and due to no Air Steps I've also put on Double Trouble which also appears on disc 5.
Disc 5 contains Team Cabaret & Double Trouble.

All discs contain bonus footage (just for you north of the border) and all the photo's taken on the day.

To view the clip search for google video then once on the google video website key in under search blackpool and you will see it come up as A Chance 2 Dance LTD.

Finally, whether you were placed, reached a final or were knocked out in the first round here's a chance to see yourself dancing on film, with two camera angles why not look at the winners, see what they did compared to you or what you can do to improve for the next competition.

Cheers,

Steve.

marty_baby
21st-March-2006, 01:11 PM
Well done Steve! 10 hours/5 DVDs editing and packaging in what - 2 weeks? admazing really! :respect:

Looking forward to viewing them!

Cheers
Martin

Donna
21st-March-2006, 01:26 PM
admazing really!
You mean amazing!

:respect:

:yeah:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-March-2006, 02:12 PM
You mean amazing!

Im sure he meant admazing for the amazing advert - or his subconsious brain did ;)

The clip is only half the routine - how annoying :(

filthycute
21st-March-2006, 02:16 PM
can someone tell me where to find the clip?....

ta

fc x

Donna
21st-March-2006, 02:22 PM
Im sure he meant admazing for the amazing advert - or his subconsious brain did ;)

:rofl: :respect:

The clip is only half the routine - how annoying

You obviously didn't read everything steve said.
The small clip you will see is from the winning routine from Scotland with Superhero's, please note the quality you will see has been reduced to show on the web

:wink: Only so much you can put on the web I suppose.

Filthycute - go into google, type in google video. Click onto google video then type in the search box - blackpool and you will see it on first page, left hand side.

Dreadful Scathe
21st-March-2006, 02:58 PM
You obviously didn't read everything steve said.

Yes I did. Why is it obvious I didnt when I did ? :)

A small clip could be small in size due to lower quality video - which it is ...and its still annoying that its only half the routine whatever size it is :)

can someone tell me where to find the clip?....

Click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6031846765328601601&q=blackpool)

Donna
21st-March-2006, 03:04 PM
Yes I did. Why is it obvious I didnt when I did ? :)

Because you're a smurf! :rofl:

A Smurf of very little brain I mean, you said it yourself here! :rofl:

Click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6031846765328601601&q=blackpool)[/QUOTE]

oh doh, why didn't I think of that?

Dreadful Scathe
21st-March-2006, 03:23 PM
Because you're a smurf! :rofl:

A Smurf of very little brain I mean, you said it yourself here! :rofl:

I cant argue with that :)

marty_baby
21st-March-2006, 06:06 PM
You mean amazing!

...um.... just checked on a online dictionary.... "Admazing" is not a word apparently!.... hhhrrrmmmppppffffff...... "Admazing" sounds better than "Amazing"....

More punchy.... I'll carry on using it!

.... along with "suchforth"..... :rofl:

Donna
21st-March-2006, 06:41 PM
...um.... just checked on a online dictionary.... "Admazing" is not a word apparently!.... hhhrrrmmmppppffffff...... "Admazing" sounds better than "Amazing"....

Oh dear! :rofl:

Someone I know says alcofrolic instead of alcoholic! Guess that's more punchy too! :grin:

Sorry Steve for changing the subject.

Anyway Martin, which DVD did you order at the end?

marty_baby
22nd-March-2006, 10:02 AM
Hiya Donna,

alcofrolic? I like that!.... I probably won't use it tho.... sounds a bit....well.... girly! :rofl:

oh I ordered the whole lot in the end - I wanted the intermeads and the Advanced - it would have cost £40 for both anyway - so I just did the full 5 DVD set!

Martin
:hug:

Mary
22nd-March-2006, 11:06 AM
Ahem. Our DVD has just arrived in the post :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steve, you are a star. However, will reserve full lovey, lovey praise until we have seen it. (Our Britrock DVD won't play properly!!!:mad: ) Although I have full confidence in Steve's products :wink:

M

HITMAN
22nd-March-2006, 12:18 PM

Steve, you are a star. However, will reserve full lovey, lovey praise until we have seen it. (Our Britrock DVD won't play properly!!!:mad: ) Although I have full confidence in Steve's products :wink:

M

Ahem. Glenn Pavey who produces the Britrock Dvd uses the same software as me so I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you Mary. Any problems please let me know, before I leave the country.:whistle:

Steve.

Mary
22nd-March-2006, 12:32 PM
Ahem. Glenn Pavey who produces the Britrock Dvd uses the same software as me so I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you Mary. Any problems please let me know, before I leave the country.:whistle:

Steve.

It's OK Steve, you can cancel the ticket, our DVD's seems to play OK. Haven't looked at everything yet, but first impressions seem very good. Will pm you some more detailed feedback if you like when I have had a proper look.

Top marks for delivering a good product in such a short space of time.:respect: :respect: :worthy: :worthy: :flower:

M

Donna
22nd-March-2006, 12:34 PM

Mine too!!:clap: :clap:

:yeah: The DVD's I've had have all been ok, although there was one moment when the leroc 2005 wouldn't play, but that was because the DVD player was over heated and so I left it for a while and it did start to play again.

Donna
22nd-March-2006, 01:45 PM
Haven't looked at everything yet, but first impressions seem very good. .

Of course first impressions always count! The camber and leroc 2005 DVD looked good the moment they flashed up on the screen and of course, and that's how it was right the way through! Very enjoyable and I still watch them now. (Why on earth did I wear that pink net top?!!:confused: Terrible! :sick: )

Jive Brummie
22nd-March-2006, 07:47 PM
Anyone in Scotland had their's yet?

We've not:tears: .

Maybe tomorrow:clap: .

JB x x

ElaineB
23rd-March-2006, 01:18 PM
Our arrived yesterday, but we were out last night, we had a quick look about midnight! Well done Steve! I particullarly like they way you came over to our corner to see all our mob go bananas!!! Plus the photos!! :respect:

Excellent and well done again!

Elaine

Donna
23rd-March-2006, 01:23 PM
Our arrived yesterday, but we were out last night, we had a quick look about midnight! Well done Steve! I particullarly like they way you came over to our corner to see all our mob go bananas!!! Plus the photos!! :respect:

Excellent and well done again!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Was watching you on the DVD last night and you two just look fab together! Please don't hang your dancing shoes up! Not now! :hug:

I thought the photos at the end was a very good idea...and I've had that tune stuck in my head all day! Beautiful...

Donna.
xx
:kiss:

Dancing Veela
23rd-March-2006, 01:24 PM
Anyone in Scotland had their's yet?

We've not:tears: .

Maybe tomorrow:clap: .

JB x x

James, mine arrived this morning - Intermediate and Take a Chance - not had a proper look - but what I have watched is looking FAB!

Also love the Gay Gordon's - esp with Derek and I starting it off :nice:

Avrilx

Jive Brummie
23rd-March-2006, 06:36 PM
Panic over...ours arrived today but I'm having to wait to watch it as Melanie's working 'till 9pm:sick:

How harsh is that!

J.

Dancing Veela
23rd-March-2006, 07:37 PM
Panic over...ours arrived today but I'm having to wait to watch it as Melanie's working 'till 9pm:sick:

How harsh is that!

J.

watch it now - Melanie will never know!!!!!

ElaineB
23rd-March-2006, 10:44 PM
Just watched the Advanced and the presentations, followed by the credits.......do watch this bit, as Tony suddenly found himself in an embarrassing position, but really played up to it! :D :eek: :rofl:

Well done Steve and team - and excellent production! :worthy:

Elaine

Lindsay
23rd-March-2006, 11:55 PM
Mine arrived too.....
Excellent :clap:
Thanks Steve!

Anita
24th-March-2006, 10:26 AM
Mine arrived.

Just love the opening credits - really fun :nice:

The two different camera angles are useful.

The photos are a brilliant idea (and of course very professional)

The whole DVD has a feel good factor. It a perfect way to remember a great event. :clap:

Donna
24th-March-2006, 12:08 PM
The whole DVD has a feel good factor. It a perfect way to remember a great event. :clap:

:yeah: That photo of you and David is fab! You really do look good dancing together!

I've changed my mind about the costume I was wearing.... don't think I'll be wearing it again for ceroc London. :sick:

Anita
24th-March-2006, 02:04 PM
:yeah: That photo of you and David is fab! You really do look good dancing together!

I've changed my mind about the costume I was wearing.... don't think I'll be wearing it again for ceroc London. :sick:

Thank you Donna :flower: . We've found the DVD very useful for improving what we do. We can see what looked effective, what looked dull and what looked silly :rofl: I loved the photo as well.

Changed your mind about the costume :eek: I thought it was great. Really sexy. Or have you just come up with an even more stunning idea for an outfit :wink:

Donna
24th-March-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you Donna :flower: . We've found the DVD very useful for improving what we do. We can see what looked effective, what looked dull and what looked silly :rofl: I loved the photo as well.

Absolutely nothing looks dull or silly about your dancing! It's spot on! :hug:

Changed your mind about the costume :eek: I thought it was great. Really sexy. Or have you just come up with an even more stunning idea for an outfit :wink:

Well I know someone who runs the company that made the costumes for celebrity big brother and she said I could design one and have it made for half price which is a really good offer! :nice: I don't think that two piece really suited me...and the shoes? yuk...red shoes, think it was over the top and tanned ones might have looked better. Also the waist band wasn't quite right so the skirt didn't shape nicely around me. I think what would suit me better with being so slim, is to have a dress that has material on the back and front and shows the waist instead... creates a more curvy look. I've only got small curves! :tears: Oh well, it's a learning experience. Had a few people say it was nice but when watching it back on DVD, I'm not so sure. Going to sell the dress on e-bay!!!

Anita
24th-March-2006, 02:58 PM
Well I know someone who runs the company that made the costumes for celebrity big brother and she said I could design one and have it made for half price which is a really good offer! :nice:

This does sound interesting :really:

I don't think that two piece really suited me...and the shoes? yuk...red shoes, think it was over the top and tanned ones might have looked better. Also the waist band wasn't quite right so the skirt didn't shape nicely around me. I think what would suit me better with being so slim, is to have a dress that has material on the back and front and shows the waist instead... creates a more curvy look. I've only got small curves! :tears: Oh well, it's a learning experience. Had a few people say it was nice but when watching it back on DVD, I'm not so sure.

You've really thought about this and no matter what anyone else thinks you've got to be happy with the outfit.

The DVD is so useful for making those kind of decisions

Going to sell the dress on e-bay!!!

Girls- you heard it here first!! The dress is going on e-bay!!!!!!! Form an orderly queue :)

Donna
24th-March-2006, 03:11 PM
You've really thought about this and no matter what anyone else thinks you've got to be happy with the outfit.

I know exactly what to wear for the ceroc champs.... I'm drawing it up now. :wink: Think I'll be happy with this one!

The DVD is so useful for making those kind of decisions

Girls- you heard it here first!! The dress is going on e-bay!!!!!!! Form an orderly queue :)

You've just given me a brilliant idea! How about starting off a ceroc version of e-bay where we can exchange costumes or shoes even?!! :clap:

Donna
28th-March-2006, 05:50 PM
This thread shouldn't be on the second page yet! So who else got a DVD then and what do you think?

(Especially the competitors) I'd like to know if after watching how you performed, do you think it went well or could have been better? (Phil and Yuko don't need to answer this question! :respect: )

TheTramp
4th-April-2006, 08:09 AM
Just got my DVDs (they came last week, but I wasn't here when the postman brought them, and I've only just now had the chance to get to the depot and pick them up).

Have to say that on a quick look this morning, they look a lot better than most of the previous competition DVDs I've seen. And as for the delivery time, there really is no competition.

Well done Mr Hitman :respect:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2006, 11:28 AM
I never realised that the winners never got a free copy of the dvd (until now) how harsh is that? Espcially when the people in the final who didnt get placed DID. Strange.

The DVD does seem good quality though but theres the same problem there is with previous years - the TEAM events should really be filmed with a widescreen lens - cutting and fading generally ruins the effect. There is a bit in our routine where the guys do big 4 poses one beat behind the girls but you dont see the girls at all at that bit :(

HITMAN
7th-April-2006, 12:07 PM
I never realised that the winners never got a free copy of the dvd (until now) how harsh is that? Espcially when the people in the final who didnt get placed DID. Strange.

The DVD does seem good quality though but theres the same problem there is with previous years - the TEAM events should really be filmed with a widescreen lens - cutting and fading generally ruins the effect. There is a bit in our routine where the guys do big 4 poses one beat behind the girls but you dont see the girls at all at that bit :(

Tony mentioned several times during the presentations that couples finishing 4th 5th 6th would receive a Dvd.

1st 2nd 3rd received a trophy, 4th 5th 6th received a Dvd courtesy of me so that everybody received something for getting into the finals, this was available to all except Spotlight & Team Challenges providing those who finished in the above placings gave me there names and addresses after the presentations.

The front camera had a widescreen lens and if you wanted to see the teams without the editors cut, why didn't you watch the side view camera angle for a full view.

Steve.

ducasi
7th-April-2006, 12:50 PM
It's a shame that the organisers didn't include a set of DVDs in their prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2006, 01:08 PM
Tony mentioned several times during the presentations that couples finishing 4th 5th 6th would receive a Dvd.

Indeed - I still find it 'strange' though, if anyone is really going to want a dvd its the winners...but they have to buy it. I dont think im being to harsh with 'strange' :) DVD beats trophy hands down.

The front camera had a widescreen lens and if you wanted to see the teams without the editors cut, why didn't you watch the side view camera angle for a full view.

because i didnt know you could - i do now :) well done then :)

Donna
7th-April-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Dreadful Scathe]Indeed - I still find it 'strange' though, if anyone is really going to want a dvd its the winners...but they have to buy it. I dont think im being to harsh with 'strange' :) DVD beats trophy hands down.

I don't see what is so strange about it? It was nice to know that the finalists didn't walk away empty handed after all. Those who get placed, ok, get a lovely flashing blackpool tower trophy! Isn't that enough?:nice:

because i didnt know you could - i do now :) well done then :)

Hmmm... a speechless smurf! :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't see what is so strange about it? It was nice to know that the finalists didn't walk away empty handed after all. Those who get placed, ok, get a lovely flashing blackpool tower trophy! Isn't that enough?:nice:

As a competitor I have no expectations of getting anything if I dont finish in the top three. A DVD of all my dancing up to the point is quite an unexpected bonus. A flashing trophy is better? Considering the winners got money as well, surely a DVD doesnt cost too much :) Is it not dissapointing to NOT get a DVD as a winner when others did? must just be me then :)

I think you're 'strange' too ;)

Donna
7th-April-2006, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Dreadful Scathe]As a competitor I have no expectations of getting anything if I dont finish in the top three.

But that's how you feel. Others might feel differently. When we did Leroc 2000 last year, everybody had a finalist medal. We came third in Advanced, still had the finalist medal and a little plastic :rofl: trophy coming third. I'm sure for most finalists they feel satisfied enough having got through to a final, but for some, they probably feel a little something would keep a smile on their faces. I think for those who came 4th 5th and 6th receiving a free DVD was a very generous thing to do. I think for those who got placed, just winning a place, a trophy and cash is enough. If you're that bothered about it, why not talk this through with Tony? :grin: It was a very well organised event and all the rules and prizes were spot on! :clap: Full stop.

A DVD of all my dancing up to the point is quite an unexpected bonus.

For you it may be. But others might be interested to have a look at what their weaknesses were in order to improve for the next competition.

I think you're 'strange' too ;)

Well thank you very much, but you're the one who has a smurf for an avatar! :yum: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2006, 02:45 PM
But that's how you feel. Others might feel differently.

yes, and they'd be 'strange'

When we did Leroc 2000 last year, everybody had a finalist medal.

I came 5th at Britroc 2004 and got a towel which isnt even big enough to stay up when tied round my waist. Say I was wearing that at a dance event..... it would FALL DOWN. Is THAT the sort of thing you want to see at a dance event? I know I dont?!?!

If you're that bothered about it, why not talk this through with Tony?

me: that was 'strange'
tony: uh-huh but we like to try new ideas
me: ok. your wifes cute btw

For you it may be. But others might be interested to have a look at what their weaknesses were in order to improve for the next competition.

They could get free private lessons as a prize instead then :)

Bet you dont even know what DVD stands for anyway ;)

ducasi
11th-April-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh dear! Have you not got anything better to do than to look up the word diarrhoea. :rofl: And anyway, this thread is supposed to be on the Blackpool DVD and all of a sudden, people are starting to talk poo! :grin:
Good point. Sorry for the extending the diversion... :flower:

I'm now got my DVDs. Haven't had a chance to watch much of them, but I had a quick look at myself dancing... :sick:

(Actually, I didn't think I looked so bad... Definitely things to think about though...)

Donna
11th-April-2006, 12:08 PM

I'm now got my DVDs. Haven't had a chance to watch much of them, but I had a quick look at myself dancing... :sick:

(Actually, I didn't think I looked so bad... Definitely things to think about though...)

Well it's all been deleted now! :clap:

You're a good dancer duc. Great lead. It's a great being able to look back on the DVD to see exactly how you performed. It definately helps anyway so you can see what needs polishing up and how to get rid of old habits.

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2006, 12:10 PM

Im not sorry ;) No actually yes I am, sorry Ducasi and Donna ;) Watched the team dvd and must say I wasnt particularly impressed because of the fuzzy camera work - and are these not quite expensive ? £20 per dvd ? Quicker turn around than the last company though ;).

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2006, 12:12 PM
Well it's all been deleted now! :clap:

You think the moderators would remove such valuable content? :eek: You'll find it here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8253)

ducasi
11th-April-2006, 12:19 PM
Watched the team dvd and must say I wasnt particularly impressed because of the fuzzy camera work ... Yeah, it was a bit fuzzy, but I'm sure you understand how difficult it is to get a clean sharp image in a relatively dim hall. Maybe next year they could get some floodlighting, and a couple of spotlights to pick you and your partner out. ;)

Donna
11th-April-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it was a bit fuzzy, but I'm sure you understand how difficult it is to get a clean sharp image in a relatively dim hall. Maybe next year they could get some floodlighting, and a couple of spotlights to pick you and your partner out. ;)

Well the DVD showing everybody competing in the advanced catergory seemed fine. Like Ducasi said, it's not the camera it is the lighting. It's very dim in there. I also had another DVD which was a close up of me and steve. That was a bit fuzzy but that was because it was blown up as we were dancing in the far corner.