View Full Version : Weekend - 31st march/1 & 2 april

senorita
21st-March-2006, 10:35 AM
Whats happening??
& where is everybody going??

:flower:

TheTramp
21st-March-2006, 10:42 AM
30 days hath September, APRIL, June and November....

Did you mean 31st March, and 1st & 2nd April perchance??

Tiggerbabe
21st-March-2006, 10:42 AM
In my diary, the weekend is the 29th, 30th April and the 1st May :wink:

I'd imagine that most people will be heading to the Ceroc Champs on the Sunday at Hammersmith.

Unfortunately I can't make it down this year, I've got to go to my cousin's wedding in Perth (Scotland) on the 29th.

senorita
21st-March-2006, 11:43 AM
30 days hath September, APRIL, June and November....

Did you mean 31st March, and 1st & 2nd April perchance??

:rofl: my apologies having a bad day.:innocent:

sorry I meant 30th march/1 & 2nd of april...will correct the post asap :innocent:

Must be thinking too much about my holiday next month ;-)

:hug: :flower:

Lynn
21st-March-2006, 12:03 PM
1 & 2 April - Workshops and freestyle party in Belfast! (Sorry have I mentioned that before somewhere?:innocent: )

Apparently there is some visiting teacher or something...:whistle:

senorita
21st-March-2006, 12:04 PM

Mmmmm let me guess :innocent: :whistle:

foxylady
21st-March-2006, 12:11 PM
I'll be in Thailand - so no dancing for me :tears: (:whistle: )

stewart38
21st-March-2006, 12:32 PM
Hammersmith for me

I know where there is a lovely little parking spot and its mine :mad:

Looks like just lucky dip this year :sad:

foxylady
21st-March-2006, 12:36 PM
I think this thread will get mighty confusing unless we get a kind moderator to change the title ! See senorita's post here : (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214873&postcount=4)

Cruella
21st-March-2006, 01:37 PM
Sat 1st April there is a WCS workshop in Oxford with Rob Cordoba and a freestyle in the evening. So i'm hoping to be there!
WCS workshop and freestyle (http://www.jiveplus.com/)

fletch
21st-March-2006, 02:17 PM
Hammersmith on the Sunday, the other dates......the world is my oyster:D

Andreas
21st-March-2006, 02:24 PM
wkend 31st april/1st & 2nd May? I'll be in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and then on a plane to London. :whistle:

As for the end of this month ... not sure yet, perhaps Germany at long last? :D

senorita
21st-March-2006, 03:42 PM
Sat 1st April there is a WCS workshop in Oxford with Rob Cordoba and a freestyle in the evening. So i'm hoping to be there!

Oh I wish I could WCS :tears: :tears:

senorita
21st-March-2006, 03:45 PM
wkend 31st april/1st & 2nd May? I'll be in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and then on a plane to London. :whistle:

As for the end of this month ... not sure yet, perhaps Germany at long last? :D

Bloomin show off :rolleyes:

Did I tell you ......I'll be away on holiday next month for 3 whole weeks!! :D :wink: :yum: 24 days to go & counting

Little Monkey
21st-March-2006, 03:57 PM

And the next day, he's teaching in Edinburgh! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Who's going, then?

Dance Demon
21st-March-2006, 04:02 PM
And the next day, he's teaching in Edinburgh! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Who's going, then?

Not me....I'll be iat Hampden watching Hearts Beat Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish cup:clap:

Lory
21st-March-2006, 04:04 PM
There you go.... It should be the right date now Senorita! :nice:

Andreas
21st-March-2006, 04:57 PM

Did I tell you ......I'll be away on holiday next month for 3 whole weeks!! :D :wink: :yum: 24 days to go & counting
Did you get fired or what? :na:

senorita
21st-March-2006, 04:59 PM
Did you get fired or what? :na:

Fired..?? :confused: dont think so :D

CJ
21st-March-2006, 05:24 PM
Not me....I'll be iat Hampden watching Hearts Beat Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish cup:clap:

What colour are the clouds in your World?!?:D

Dance Demon
21st-March-2006, 06:43 PM
What colour are the clouds in your World?!?:D

maroon & white of course:D

under par
22nd-March-2006, 07:49 AM
We are booked in for Rockbottoms on Isle of Wight... good health permitting:blush:

jacksondonut
22nd-March-2006, 12:37 PM

This looks like its worth a look.... wont be able to make the workshops, but Linda and I will probably come up for the freestyle..:flower: :flower:

:cheers:

Damien
23rd-March-2006, 01:49 PM
Its my birthday that weekend. Where can I combine a great weekend break destination with a MJ freestyle event?

fletch
23rd-March-2006, 02:45 PM
Hammersmith on the Sunday, the other dates......the world is my oyster:D

:blush:
1st of April at Stoke for the Black and White Ball, I need to wear the dress to justify buying it for the walthamstow Ball.:waycool:

31st April at Hammersmith for the champs:D

drathzel
23rd-March-2006, 04:24 PM
1 & 2 April - Workshops and freestyle party in Belfast! (Sorry have I mentioned that before somewhere?:innocent: )

:yeah: :whistle:

Miss Conduct
24th-March-2006, 11:13 AM

I'll be on holiday this weekend (Karen does Dallas 2006) and I'll still be there at EASTER... :clap:

I'm away for 3 weeks too so looks like I'll see you in May, we can swap 'hot tub' stories then... :devil:

4 days to go and packing!!!

senorita
24th-March-2006, 11:19 AM
I'll be on holiday this weekend (Karen does Dallas 2006) and I'll still be there at EASTER... :clap:

I'm away for 3 weeks too so looks like I'll see you in May, we can swap 'hot tub' stories then... :devil:

:rofl: :rofl:

Show off!! :yum: :rofl:

Enough of the hot tubs :wink: ....we can compare tans & weight gains too :D

See you in two months time..

Have a wicked time, stay safe & you take care

:hug: :hug: :flower:

Zebra Woman
24th-March-2006, 11:23 AM

I'm away for 3 weeks too so looks like I'll see you in May, we can swap stories then... :devil:

I'll miss you Karen :sad: , but I'll be looking forward to the 'hot tub' stories.:yum: :drool: :devil:

ZW:flower:

Miss Conduct
24th-March-2006, 12:11 PM
I'll miss you Karen :sad: , but I'll be looking forward to the 'hot tub' stories.:yum: :drool: :devil:

ZW:flower:

Nice to hear I'll be missed. :hug: but I will keep in touch between sunning myself and fraternising with the Firefighters of Dallas

Don't worry, you'll be the first to hear any stories! :wink:

I'll try not to make you stall the car this time though:devil: (as I did with tales of 'Karen does Dallas 2004') - or maybe I should just tell you when you're not driving....

Miss Conduct
24th-March-2006, 12:14 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Show off!! :yum: :rofl:

Enough of the hot tubs :wink: ....we can compare tans & weight gains too :D

See you in two months time..

Have a wicked time, stay safe & you take care

:hug: :hug: :flower:

Thank you:flower: You too Sweetie.

I take it you're doing another little tour..? Look forward to hearing all about it.

Have fun
K x

senorita
24th-March-2006, 12:19 PM
Thank you:flower: You too Sweetie.

I take it you're doing another little tour..? Look forward to hearing all about it.

Have fun
K x

Yes I'm off on my travels again I'm afraid...:nice: I'm Island hopping the Caribbean Islands :clap: I'm so excited :grin:
Wind surfing, diving, swimming with dolphins again, sailing, mountain trekking, salsa & merengue dancing, horse riding etc etc....Hmmm its a hard life..

20 days to go

Takecare, will miss you, see you soon.
xxx

Dance Demon
24th-March-2006, 07:01 PM
1st April is the April Fools party at Glasgow Uni....with music from Tiggerbabe in the main hall and me in the Latin & Blues room:clap: :clap: .......so who's gonna be there?

Lindsay
24th-March-2006, 08:47 PM
And Robert is whizzing up to Edinburgh on the Sunday for a WCS workshop (http://www.boogienights.net) here on Sunday 2nd.

Little Monkey
26th-March-2006, 07:19 PM
And Robert is whizzing up to Edinburgh on the Sunday for a WCS workshop (http://www.boogienights.net) here on Sunday 2nd.

Sigh.......

I already told them that.......

:rolleyes:

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 11:42 AM
So where is everyone going? Doesn't seem like a very active weekend.:rolleyes: Or are you all playing your Aprils fools joke early.:D

TiggsTours
27th-March-2006, 11:45 AM
I'll be rocking my bottom in sunny Ryde! :D :clap:

jacksondonut
27th-March-2006, 01:26 PM
:
I'll be rocking my bottom in sunny Ryde! :D :clap:

Have a thoroughly fab time... last year there was wonderful.. WISH I WAS GOING TOO....:tears: :tears: :tears:

Have a really good time and a few dances for me. :flower: :flower:

robd
27th-March-2006, 01:28 PM
Rushden Sat night and MK T Dance Sunday for me.

Jan - any chance of a roast dinner on Sunday :wink:

jacksondonut
27th-March-2006, 01:29 PM
So where is everyone going? Doesn't seem like a very active weekend.:rolleyes: Or are you all playing your Aprils fools joke early.:D

We will see you in Oxford on Saturday night.. (not a joke).. Looking forward to something different to get our teeth into..

See you there xxx
:hug:

jacksondonut
27th-March-2006, 01:34 PM
Rushden Sat night and MK T Dance Sunday for me.

Jan - any chance of a roast dinner on Sunday :wink:

You would be most welcome.. always do a sunday dinner! Usually about six oclock.. (if you re brave enough to meet my gang!!):eek: :wink:

chances are I wont be at the T Dance on Sunday, as going to Oxford the night before... (bet linda will though) :wink: Dont want to push my luck...:rofl:

Heather
28th-March-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll be whizzing through to Edinburgh for Robert Cordoba's West Coast Swing workshop.
Then I'll be whizzing back to Dundee to audition for the part of Giovanna in Tayside Opera's production of Ernani.
( Wish me luck!!!!!)

Heather

Lory
28th-March-2006, 04:53 PM
( Wish me luck!!!!!)

Good luck! :flower:

FirstMove
28th-March-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm in London this w/e. Where's the best place for forumite spotting?

Rhythm King
28th-March-2006, 05:31 PM

I think you're in the wrong thread - you're a month ahead of yourself in this one:rolleyes:

foxylady
28th-March-2006, 05:48 PM
I think you're in the wrong thread - you're a month ahead of yourself in this one:rolleyes:

Actually you'll find he's in the right thread, and a number of the sub-titles are wrong, but since Senorita didn't know whethere she was coming or going when she stared the thread, a good number of people have got themselves in a twizzle...:na:

Keith J
28th-March-2006, 06:49 PM
This weekend ....well its got to be done , the dark lord
:clap: Robert Cordoba :respect: :clap:
the master honours the Rover plant Oxford. (Jive+) Rover Social Club to teach to the mj WCS brother and sisterhood.
:worthy: All hail the master!:worthy:
But :eek: bewarned those carrying foul tickets of endeavour, pin back thy lugholes,bear well these words of timely warning,
do not park outside the hallowed gates or rabid dogs of parking hell :devil: bang a ticket on your steeds visor. £40 squids to you guv'nor.

Cruella
28th-March-2006, 06:59 PM
the master honours the Rover plant Oxford. (Jive+) Rover Social Club to teach to the mj WCS brother and sisterhood
Maybe we'll be introduced, as i'll be there for the evening freestyle. I'm the one with the loud laugh apparently.:rolleyes:

tiger
28th-March-2006, 07:24 PM
Watford+
Amersham are both on sat 1,

anyone know which one is likely to be best for modern jive+varied music?

jacksondonut
29th-March-2006, 09:17 AM
the master honours the Rover plant Oxford. (Jive+) Rover Social Club to teach to the mj WCS brother and sisterhood.
:worthy: All hail the master!:worthy:
But :eek: bewarned those carrying foul tickets of endeavour, pin back thy lugholes,bear well these words of timely warning,
do not park outside the hallowed gates or rabid dogs of parking hell :devil: bang a ticket on your steeds visor. £40 squids to you guv'nor.

Thanks for the warning Keith :flower: We will see you Saturday then. :flower: Looking forward to it. :clap: :clap:

See you later at the class if you are going.

Jan
:cheers:

stewart38
29th-March-2006, 08:11 PM
Watford+
Amersham are both on sat 1,

anyone know which one is likely to be best for modern jive+varied music?

Amersham is a very late entry (I think) only announced last week ?

Amersham music is ually varied

Minnie M
29th-March-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll be whizzing through to Edinburgh for Robert Cordoba's West Coast Swing workshop.
Then I'll be whizzing back to Dundee to audition for the part of Giovanna in Tayside Opera's production of Ernani.
( Wish me luck!!!!!)

Heather

:respect:

Lou
30th-March-2006, 07:03 AM
Fairygothmother in Camden on Saturday lunchtime (I need a shopping trip). But, then, you've already met me, so it doesn't really count.... :flower:

fletch
30th-March-2006, 07:56 AM
Sunday is looking good.:flower:

www.corporatedancecompany.com

Steve has his next 't' dance there is a crowd of us going for a cavery first, including my mother (didn't tack her out last week) and the children, i'll post some photo's next week.:cheers:

senorita
30th-March-2006, 08:15 AM
who's going to Amersham?? :flower:

Zebra Woman
30th-March-2006, 08:24 AM
who's going to Amersham?? :flower:

I think I might, as Latin Ian is the DJ - a big plus for me.

WE ARE HOLDING AN EXTRA FREESTYLE NIGHT THIS SATURDAY, 1ST APRIL AT THE POLISH CLUB, RAANS ROAD, AMERSHAM, HP6 6LX. 8.00 PM UNTIL MIDNIGHT. FOUR HOURS OF PURE FREESTYLE TO THE SOUNDS OF DJ IAN. ADMISSION £8.00 ON THE DOOR.

Another big plus - there is no class at all!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is anyone else interested?

Cruella
30th-March-2006, 12:37 PM
a crowd of us going for a cavery first, including my mother (:
Does this include getting dragged around by your hair by a neandathol (sp):rolleyes: Not sure your mother will like it!!

I'm definately doing the Oxford WCS dance as i'm sure it will include jive too, as unfortunately the amount of WCS dancers is limited around this area. Here's hoping for a good night with lots of smooth music and dances. :clap:

Miss Conduct
30th-March-2006, 01:05 PM
I think I might, as Latin Ian is the DJ - a big plus for me.

WE ARE HOLDING AN EXTRA FREESTYLE NIGHT THIS SATURDAY, 1ST APRIL AT THE POLISH CLUB, RAANS ROAD, AMERSHAM, HP6 6LX. 8.00 PM UNTIL MIDNIGHT. FOUR HOURS OF PURE FREESTYLE TO THE SOUNDS OF DJ IAN. ADMISSION £8.00 ON THE DOOR.

Another big plus - there is no class at all!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is anyone else interested?

Hey Y'all, greetings from Dallas! :grin:

Let me know what I miss please. Getting itchy feet already.... better go soak them in the hot tub. :whistle:

Msfab
30th-March-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm definately doing the Oxford WCS dance as i'm sure it will include jive too, as unfortunately the amount of WCS dancers is limited around this area. Here's hoping for a good night with lots of smooth music and dances. :clap:

As WCS last night, there was no mention of a different room for jive! Only WCS.

under par
30th-March-2006, 02:16 PM
Mrs Par is going to be a non-dancing attendee with me at Rockbottoms Isle of Wight.:sad:

We could have cancelled but she is looking forward to a change of scenery having been sat indoors for nearly 2 weeks.:eek:

Good news is she has full mobility back but still has some residual pain.

Physio reckons she is well on the way to full recovery and she cannot wait to re-enter the fray.:yeah:

Anyone else at Rockbottoms please feel free to pop over to the side of the room and have a chat with Mrs Par....... after all I will be dancing:D :cheers::hug:

Gus
30th-March-2006, 02:58 PM
If there something in the water this weekend? There are five freestyles in our area (NWest) on Saturday night. :eek: A couple of those venues are sure to be mighty short of dancers ...... who would be an organiser? :(

Andy McGregor
30th-March-2006, 03:11 PM
If there something in the water this weekend? There are five freestyles in our area (NWest) on Saturday night. :eek: A couple of those venues are sure to be mighty short of dancers ...... who would be an organiser? :(You? :confused:

Gus
30th-March-2006, 03:33 PM
You? :confused:Not a chance. Got out of the game a year back an letting everyone else deal with hassle. :wink: I just go where I'm paid to go ... lifes a lot easier.

Rhythm King
30th-March-2006, 03:48 PM
Fairygothmother in Camden on Saturday lunchtime (I need a shopping trip). But, then, you've already met me, so it doesn't really count.... :flower:

I'm more of a Black Rose person (not surprisingly) - they have some great shirts.

senorita
31st-March-2006, 10:43 AM
:tears: no body going to Amersham?? :tears:

Looks like just might be ZW & myself then! :eek: :tears:

mikeyr
31st-March-2006, 11:09 AM
I will be going to Amersham, i think I owe you a dance :flower:

Lou
31st-March-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm more of a Black Rose person (not surprisingly) - they have some great shirts.
:clap: Excellent choice, sir. I have a lovely Black Rose top myself. Long sleeved, though, so impractical for dancing.

(ahhhh... my one-woman mission to gothify the MJ community continues! :D )

Am definitely not dancing this weekend. I've decided to drink lots instead. I'm celebrating my return to permy work, as from next month I'm no longer self imployed, but have decided to accept a permanent position at the company where I'm currently contracting.

Mmmmm.... paid holidays... :whistle:

senorita
31st-March-2006, 11:31 AM
I will be going to Amersham, i think I owe you a dance :flower:

two, three & four :D :wink:

Daisy Chain
31st-March-2006, 12:00 PM
If there something in the water this weekend? There are five freestyles in our area (NWest) on Saturday night. :eek: A couple of those venues are sure to be mighty short of dancers ...... :(

Which is why I have made the conscious decision to do attend none of them. I'm going to spend Quality Time with the Present Mr Chain (don't tell him though...)

Daisy

(A Non-Dancing Little Flower)

mikeyr
31st-March-2006, 12:04 PM
two, three & four :D :wink: Your wish is my Command.:worthy: :drool:

Missy D
31st-March-2006, 04:46 PM
Amy has a sleep over so i may be there too! Oh what fun!

Petal
1st-April-2006, 12:20 AM
1st April is the April Fools party at Glasgow Uni....with music from Tiggerbabe in the main hall and me in the Latin & Blues room:clap: :clap: .......so who's gonna be there?

Me and tink,........ and peaches if we can persuade her.:whistle: Anyone else?

Bubbalou
1st-April-2006, 09:00 AM
Sunday night (2nd)

Whats going on anyone???????????????????????????London/South East area.

Please please please don't let me miss this "free" evening:nice: :nice:

:cheers: Gotta dance, gotta dance:cheers:

Thanks guys

Lou xx

Minnie M
1st-April-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm off to John's Birthday dance (Swinging bee) tonight (Sat)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

John's Birthday Modern Jive Freestyle at Ashford Road Community Association Hall Thanington Nr.Canterbury

Gus
2nd-April-2006, 01:29 AM
Just got back from Ceroc Hyde ... seemed reasonable numbers ... but how did the other venues (Wrexham, Northwich, Stoke, Bromborough) fair? If Hyde did OK at least one of the other venues must have been nearly empty ... especially as Stoke was putting on a 'Ball'.

Paul F
2nd-April-2006, 01:53 AM
I was so dissapointed tonight.

I went up to the WCS event in Oxford for the freestyle bit. We got to the venue about 9 oclock expecting the 'taster' class that was scheduled for 8:45 to be in the final throws.

How wrong we were. :mad:

Robert actually began the taster class at 9pm. If this wasnt bad enough the class lasted........wait for it....

50 minutes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

By the time it came round to the freestyle there were a lot of very annoyed people who were tired of waiting.

I can only begin to imagine what the people thought who had travelled a long distance to be there. 2 hours freestyle in total.

45 minutes into the class, when the organiser was asked how long it would take, the reply that was forthcoming was "he is a world champion". :confused: I had to ask myself what that had to do with the fact that I came to dance and that I was sat there. :mad:

The time we had I really enjoyed myself but it was such a long way to go for the same amount of freestyle that some class nights give you. I will definately have second thoughts about doing that again.

fletch
2nd-April-2006, 07:53 AM
Just got back from Ceroc Hyde ... seemed reasonable numbers ... but how did the other venues (Wrexham, Northwich, Stoke, Bromborough) fair? If Hyde did OK at least one of the other venues must have been nearly empty ... especially as Stoke was putting on a 'Ball'.
Stoke was surprisingly good, I had a fab night, and some lovely dances, every one dressed up, I had to go just to wear the 'black & white dress' again.:blush:

The music did have its ropey moments but 'OXO' did a slot so we had some lovely 'blues style' for a while.:respect:

fletch
2nd-April-2006, 07:57 AM
Stoke last night:hug:

Zebra Woman
2nd-April-2006, 11:46 AM
Well I had the best time I've ever had at Amersham :grin:

Numbers were a little lower than normal which was a good thing. There was enough room for columbian walks and I had some fab cha chas with MikeyR:worthy: .

Great music from Latin Ian as ever, although I wasn't very keen on the techno music at the end, but Tessalicious managed to make our dance to 'Equador' very sultry indeed :drool:. I had some great dances with the locals, and Spice n Easy :drool: . Amazingly ESG honoured us all by venturing outside the M25 :flower: , plus there were some gorgeous ladies visiting from Sheffield, great dancers too.

I was intending to sample the tea and cakes, but the music was just too tempting.

Only one problem...the lighting - it was a bit dark.

I'll be back :wink:

ZW

Cruella
2nd-April-2006, 11:54 AM
I was so dissapointed tonight....

Man, you're such a grump! :rofl:

You were surrounded by gorgeous women for that 50 minutes, how could you complain. :na:

I had concerns about going to Oxford, my thoughts were will there be enough people there? I'd also heard some bad reports about the DJ. I arrived at just after 9 thinking WOW the car park is packed, got in the venue and was surprised to find the dance was in a smaller room to normal, with about 15 couples doing the taster lesson. :( The lesson, as Paul stated, then went on and on and on! I guess if we had joined in the lesson we may not have found it so annoying but i purposely got there late to do just the freestyle. But as for the 2 hours freestyle we did get, i had a fab time, it's been a long time since i've had an opportunity to dance WCS for more than 1 or 2 tracks. There were some quality dancers there, as usual there were more ladies but it was a nice friendly bunch so we had some laughs and chats too. It was nice to have the opportunity to sit and watch, i particularly enjoyed watching Paul Warden and Simon (from Bristol) they are both so stylish.:worthy: The DJ was fine too, although there was a concern with his equipment at first :rolleyes: but all turned out OK. So in all not a total disaster but i left wanting so much more dancing. I'm sure i'll make up for it this saturday at Daventry though.:D

Paul F
2nd-April-2006, 12:19 PM
Man, you're such a grump! :rofl:

You were surrounded by gorgeous women for that 50 minutes, how could you complain. :na:

You know what I meant :blush:

jacksondonut
2nd-April-2006, 01:45 PM
I really didnt know what to expect, so I went to Oxford with an open mind......

Arrived first to find the room empty...:eek: I thought at first there was going to be no one but us....!!!! :eek: the cosy little room gradually filled up to a comfortable level and the lesson began...mind you, quite a bit later than we thought though... we sat and waited ourselves for almost an hour.. it must have been awful for those waiting for the freestyle..:(

I guess I was too busy trying hard to concentrate (being a beginner) and the time went by fairly quickly for me... Never met Robert Cordoba before and found him to be a very entertaining and pleasant teacher. I am REALLY Looking forward to Twickenham and Ealing next week for more of his excellent classes... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many thanks to all the lovely chaps (and MSFAB) who gave me a good go on the dance floor, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and when not dancing really enjoyed watching the lovely Paul W, Paul F, Keith J, Simon (from bristol) and all the other terrific dancers.. fab to watch.. THANK YOU XX:flower: :flower:

Nice to say hello to PuddyTat and see Limpytink and finally, plucking up the courage to dance with Paul Warden and Robert Cordoba, well, I am so glad I did.. such lovely guys. :flower: :flower: I wont be afraid to ask again.

All in all, a worthwhile experience for me. Much quieter and very different to the MJ scene.. I kinda prefer it.. and WCS, I LOVE IT.:yeah:

Jan
:cheers: :cheers:

Swinging bee
2nd-April-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm off to John's Birthday dance (Swinging bee) tonight (Sat)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And a cracking night it was too:clap: Lovely to have you and Di with us.:kiss: So pleased that Mikey could make it , he got up from his sickbed at 4 o'clock to come and do the lesson, he really didn't look to well
Such is his nature that he didn't want to let everyone down. We hope he gets well soon.:respect:
Thanks to everyone who came and for all the cards and presents:cheers:

spikey blond
2nd-April-2006, 07:17 PM
I went up to Oxford yesterday too and did both the workshop and the evening freestyle. the WCS techniques. Shame Paul F didn't make it to the workshop would probably have made the longish wait for freestyle more bearable. Evening class did drag on but for those who paid for and attended the whole evening I'm sure they felt it money well spent, Robert gave us more than our money's worth. Congratulations to all who organised the event. Venue and floor were great (as was the music) and despite my apprehension about WCSing all day and evening it worked amazingly well. :clap: :clap: Not the throngs and buzz of MJ events but a great evening, friendly crowd and so good to dance with such US talent :worthy: (+ Paul Warden latterly) + ofcourse great dances with Paul F - always a joy!!. Let's hope for many future events like this which should really put WCS on the map!!

Minnie M
2nd-April-2006, 08:07 PM
And a cracking night it was too:clap: Lovely to have you and Di with us.:kiss: So pleased that Mikey could make it , he got up from his sickbed at 4 o'clock to come and do the lesson, he really didn't look to well
Such is his nature that he didn't want to let everyone down. We hope he gets well soon.:respect:
Thanks to everyone who came and for all the cards and presents:cheers:
:yeah: :clap: :cheers:
Well worth the 180 miles return journey - Gave Di (Dangerous Curves) and myself lots of chatting and gossiping time :blush:

Really nice venue with lots of very friendly people - and although John's music was primarily pop, I really enjoyed it :respect: (cake was nice too)

Thanks to John & Linda for a really nice evening :hug:

Simon
2nd-April-2006, 08:21 PM
I went up to Oxford yesterday too and did both the workshop and the evening freestyle. the WCS techniques. Shame Paul F didn't make it to the workshop would probably have made the longish wait for freestyle more bearable. Evening class did drag on but for those who paid for and attended the whole evening I'm sure they felt it money well spent, Robert gave us more than our money's worth. Congratulations to all who organised the event. Venue and floor were great (as was the music) and despite my apprehension about WCSing all day and evening it worked amazingly well. :clap: :clap: Not the throngs and buzz of MJ events but a great evening, friendly crowd and so good to dance with such US talent :worthy: (+ Paul Warden latterly) + ofcourse great dances with Paul F - always a joy!!. Let's hope for many future events like this which should really put WCS on the map!!:yeah: Very good workshop during the day and fun freestyle in the evening. More, please! :waycool:

Paul F
2nd-April-2006, 10:12 PM
Shame Paul F didn't make it to the workshop would probably have made the longish wait for freestyle more bearable.

I have just read back the comments that I made. I know it sounds as though I hated the night - I didnt. Far from it. I had some brilliant dances. Sheila, its worth the drive just to dance with you :hug:

I was more dissapointed with how good it COULD have been but only from a purely selfish point of view as I didnt do the workshop.

I still appreciate the fact that the night took place at all.

mikeyr
3rd-April-2006, 09:48 AM
Well I had the best time I've ever had at Amersham :grin:

For me too. Thanks to all who made it one of the best nights out for me in a long:respect: Ah the music... Spot on. A big thankyou to all the Ladies they were on top form, to ZW freestylin Cha cha like that, Awsome :respect: Tessalicious:worthy: as lovely as ever :flower: And Monika Es war sehr net, Du zu treft:hug: And all the other ladies :flower: :flower:

Senorita :sad: you couldnt make it. Hope to catch you before you head off on your Hols :flower:

spikey blond
3rd-April-2006, 04:33 PM
I have just read back the comments that I made. I know it sounds as though I hated the night - I didnt. Far from it. I had some brilliant dances. Sheila, its worth the drive just to dance with you :hug:

I was more dissapointed with how good it COULD have been but only from a purely selfish point of view as I didnt do the workshop.

I still appreciate the fact that the night took place at all.

Know you weren't really wingeing (sp?), Paul, and you are right we could have used a bit more freestyle time but having Robert there was a treat. Would travel a long way to get dances with you too!!

See my comments on the West Coast Swing thread re possible suggestions for WCS evenings - would appreciate your views.
S