PDA

View Full Version : This weekend. 24th - 26th march

Cruella
20th-March-2006, 08:54 PM
Well it doesn't look like there's a lot of choice this coming weekend.:tears: Where's everyone going? For me it's definately the TJive at Kent House on Sunday. At the moment the only option for the other two nights seems to be Northampton sat. Unless any of you know better :wink:

Andreas
20th-March-2006, 09:08 PM
Salsa Vauxhall :whistle:

ducasi
20th-March-2006, 09:21 PM
There's the monthly Ceroc party at Marco's in Edinburgh, and a charity dance on at the GUU in Glasgow.

Still haven't decided which one to go to... There's going to be someone I'd like to see in Edinburgh, but it's a long way compared to the 5 minute walk to the GUU...

Tickets for the charity dance can be got from Sandy or Ann. I might have one or two spare tickets if I decide to go to Edinburgh. (I've currently got a spare pink ticket... :whistle:)

Minnie M
20th-March-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll be in Boston - dancing West Coast Swing
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Swinging bee
20th-March-2006, 09:54 PM
Well it doesn't look like there's a lot of choice this coming weekend.:tears: Where's everyone going? For me it's definately the TJive at Kent House on Sunday. At the moment the only option for the other two nights seems to be Northampton sat. Unless any of you know better :wink:

Looking for a great night ,then come down to Little Bookham in Surrey on saturday, this is the definive venue! possibly the first ever to have two rooms, I will be DJing in the swing and blues room with the great john Miller in the main hall doing the modern music, Always best to book in advance. ( over 100 already).
I was working with Sheepy last night he says he will be there! This venue has one of the best atmospheres on the dance circuit.....:clap:

Paul F
20th-March-2006, 10:20 PM
Looking for a great night ,then come down to Little Bookham in Surrey on saturday, this is the definive venue! possibly the first ever to have two rooms, I will be DJing in the swing and blues room with the great john Miller in the main hall doing the modern music, Always best to book in advance. ( over 100 already).
I was working with Sheepy last night he says he will be there! This venue has one of the best atmospheres on the dance circuit.....:clap:

:yeah: Im hoping to be there too. Quality venue and awesome music :clap:
The speed of the floor in the blues room is perfect IMO. No idea what it is made of but its brilliant to dance on . The other room is good too.

Hopefully see you then John. :cheers:

FirstMove
20th-March-2006, 10:40 PM
I finally get a week off so I can dance in civilisation (London) and there's nothing on :tears:

Stuart
20th-March-2006, 11:06 PM
Isn't there a freestyle at Uxbridge this weekend?

Paul F
20th-March-2006, 11:17 PM
T-Jive's going to be busy :clap:

Im looking forward to it. Been a while since i have been to Kent House.

Tazmanian Devil
20th-March-2006, 11:34 PM
I am off to Warmwell for a weekender :D

Lynn
20th-March-2006, 11:41 PM
Isn't there a freestyle at Uxbridge this weekend?Hope so, cos my friend just told me he's going!

(This is the friend I brought to Ashtons in December, he enjoyed the evening and started going to classes in Uxbridge.:clap: )

WittyBird
20th-March-2006, 11:43 PM
Stockport on Saturday for me :clap:

fletch
21st-March-2006, 08:58 AM
FAB, your coming then :clap: :clap: :clap:

WittyBird
21st-March-2006, 08:59 AM

Wouldn't miss it for the world :cheers: See you Saturday afternoon :clap:

Mary
21st-March-2006, 10:47 AM
Me and Tone will be at Uxbridge, and it promises to be a good night. Don't forget to bring any play requests. And then T-dance on Sunday.

Looks like being a good weekend.:wink:

M

senorita
21st-March-2006, 11:49 AM

Mmmm Northampton sounds like a good idea. I had a great night the last time I went

Miss Conduct
21st-March-2006, 11:58 AM
Amir's teaching at Chesham on Friday...

http://www.cerocchilterns.co.uk

Anyone going?

stewart38
21st-March-2006, 11:59 AM

where is my invite :whistle: :tears:

foxylady
21st-March-2006, 12:19 PM
Going to see Pink Martini at the barbican sat night! (thinks: where to go dancing afterwards...? Vauxhall salsa ? if Andreas would keep me company :drool: ??)

and hopefully T-Jive on sunday....

DianaS
21st-March-2006, 12:41 PM
Hmm that spounds good Any one else fancy it??

Andreas
21st-March-2006, 01:51 PM
Going to see Pink Martini at the barbican sat night! (thinks: where to go dancing afterwards...? Vauxhall salsa ? if Andreas would keep me company :drool: ??)

and hopefully T-Jive on sunday....
I am very likely to be there from about 9.45/10pm. :flower:

Cruella
21st-March-2006, 01:55 PM
Hmm that spounds good Any one else fancy it??
I used to love Stockport, i've had some fab nights there. Haven't been there for over a year, i'd go sat if it wasn't so far:tears:

fletch
21st-March-2006, 02:08 PM
I used to love Stockport, i've had some fab nights there. Haven't been there for over a year, i'd go sat if it wasn't so far:tears:
There's room at mine if you can stop over?:flower:

fletch
21st-March-2006, 02:10 PM
where is my invite :whistle: :tears:
WB is going to ask you :flower: she prob just not got around to it yet, we only sorted last night:hug:

:cheers:

Sheepman
21st-March-2006, 02:11 PM
Looking for a great night ,then come down to Little Bookham in Surrey on saturday,
It may only be little, but it's actually at Great Bookham. Still, I'm sure John knows his way there by now!
I'll be there, though I was tempted by Pink Martini.
Then Sunday it's the t-jive of course.

As well as Ceroc at Uxbridge, there's also a freestyle night at Windsor from Dance Inn, so there's almost too much choice around here this Saturday.

Greg

tsh
21st-March-2006, 02:24 PM
Warmwell for me too...

Sean

Little Monkey
21st-March-2006, 03:26 PM
It may only be little, but it's actually at Great Bookham.

And a lovely venue it is, too! Wish I was going!!! :tears:

Oh well, it'll have to be Brechin on Friday night and Marco's in Edinburgh on Saturday night for me, then.........

Anyone up for going to Brechin this Friday, then? :whistle:

mikeyr
21st-March-2006, 03:54 PM
Ceroc Kent have their freestyle on Saturday night for those of around the Sarf east end of Lundun. Thats where I shall be headed.

FirstMove
22nd-March-2006, 01:29 AM
I have to do London by public transport from Essex, so only T-Jive sounds worth it - maybe

under par
22nd-March-2006, 07:28 AM
It may only be little, but it's actually at Great Bookham. Still, I'm sure John knows his way there by now!

As well as Ceroc at Uxbridge, there's also a freestyle night at Windsor from Dance Inn, so there's almost too much choice around here this Saturday.

Greg

Great Bookham sounds like the place to be for me. (if Sharon doesn't mind me dancing without her :innocent: )

Please note a booking up early is important as it does get oversubscribed. Go to jag jive website to do it.

jacksondonut
22nd-March-2006, 09:07 AM
Looks like Linda and I will be taking a ride over to Northampton for the Freestyle on Saturday..:yeah:

hope to see some of you there...:flower: :flower: :flower:

Jan
:hug:

Swinging bee
22nd-March-2006, 04:38 PM

Greg

OOPS ! Don't know my 'greats' from my 'littles' these days. Is it called having Blonde moments?

Are there any 'blondes' that can enlighten me?

DangerousCurves
22nd-March-2006, 04:52 PM
I am off to Warmwell for a weekender :D

Me too! See you there :hug:

stewart38
22nd-March-2006, 05:19 PM

Anyone going?

yes forgot about this, i might pop along

Miss Conduct
22nd-March-2006, 11:17 PM

Anyone going?

Just found out that 'Latin Ian' is the D J this Friday too! :respect:

WittyBird
23rd-March-2006, 12:13 AM
Just found out that 'Latin Ian' is the D J this Friday too! :respect:

You have a really big mouth sometimes :whistle: I was desperately trying to keep all of that quiet :rofl:

stewart38
23rd-March-2006, 10:20 AM
There's room at mine if you can stop over?:flower:

so we are all going to stockport to visit you mum ??

Im due to visit mine on sunday , can we put her on the roof :sick:

Miss Conduct
23rd-March-2006, 11:05 AM
You have a really big mouth sometimes :whistle: I was desperately trying to keep all of that quiet :rofl:

Only sometimes.... :wink:

ColinM
23rd-March-2006, 11:12 AM
Ceroc Surrey Freestyle: Bourne Hall, Ewell, 8.00pm 'til midnight, Saturday 25th.

ColinM.

fletch
23rd-March-2006, 11:46 AM
so we are all going to stockport to visit you mum ??

Im due to visit mine on sunday , can we put her on the roof :sick:
My mom lives in Birmingham, and Mother's day is on Sunday.

Stockport is on Saturday so I will get up on Sunday morning and drive to see her for lunch, that wont effect my evening out at Stockport on Saturday evening and you are STILL invited if you want to come :flower:

Top Bird
23rd-March-2006, 11:47 AM
Bromley is where I will be too - sarf east Lundon does it for me. Val & Dave are doing are doing the lesson there, so should be a good one.:waycool:

jacksondonut
23rd-March-2006, 05:03 PM
SOOOOOOOOO...... WHO IS COMING TO NORTHAMPTON FREESTYLE ON SATURDAY THEN.....??? :flower::flower:

Jan

robd
23rd-March-2006, 05:31 PM
SOOOOOOOOO...... WHO IS COMING TO NORTHAMPTON FREESTYLE ON SATURDAY THEN.....??? :flower::flower:

Jan

Me, probably.

spikey blond
23rd-March-2006, 05:44 PM
Northampton just a bridge too far for me but good to see you at WCS last night, Jan - impressed you drove so far - hope you feel it was worth it. Sunny Bromley for me on Saturday night though I would normally go to Great Bookham fancy a change of scene.

Cruella
23rd-March-2006, 06:11 PM
Me, probably.
Me too and another lovely man coming up from London to stay at mine.:wink:

Little Em
23rd-March-2006, 07:26 PM
Me too and another lovely man coming up from London to stay at mine.:wink:

see you on sat night then... i will be there too!
shall i let the cat out the bag about who your bringing with you????:eek:

oooh secrets! :D

WittyBird
23rd-March-2006, 07:33 PM

Oh is it a secret that ****** ****** is coming with you Cruella ?

Cruella
23rd-March-2006, 07:46 PM
Yep. Don't like to share.:wink:

WittyBird
23rd-March-2006, 07:47 PM
Yep. Don't like to share.:wink:

Not what I heard :whistle:

fletch
23rd-March-2006, 08:01 PM
:blush:
I need more of a clue than that, i'm blond :blush:

Amir
23rd-March-2006, 08:04 PM
Don't forget clocks go forward this coming Sunday!

x
x
A

WittyBird
23rd-March-2006, 08:05 PM
:blush:
I need more of a clue than that, i'm blond :blush:

You wouldnt get it if I phoned you up and told you who it was :rofl:

fletch
23rd-March-2006, 08:07 PM
Don't forget clocks go forward this coming Sunday!

x
x
A
Light nights and warm weather on its way :clap: :clap:

oooooo hooray:clap:

fletch
23rd-March-2006, 08:08 PM
You wouldnt get it

I never get IT :sick:

drathzel
24th-March-2006, 12:52 AM

I only get IT every other weekend:devil:

Baruch
24th-March-2006, 01:29 AM
I'll be at the Jive Magic freestyle at the Electricity Club in Cardiff on Friday night. Joseph and Sadie (who won Strictly Dance Fever last year) are doing a demo. Not that they're the reason I'm going, as Jive Magic is usually a really good night in its own right, but they should be worth watching.

fletch
24th-March-2006, 08:45 AM
Your doing well :rolleyes:

This year is turning out as good as last year so far:tears:

Tazmanian Devil
24th-March-2006, 08:53 AM
Me either :sick:

jacksondonut
24th-March-2006, 09:11 AM
Northampton just a bridge too far for me but good to see you at WCS last night, Jan - impressed you drove so far - hope you feel it was worth it. Sunny Bromley for me on Saturday night though I would normally go to Great Bookham fancy a change of scene.

Yes, well worth it... lovely to meet up too. We will be over again.
we really did enjoy ourselves..

Jan:hug:

Missy D
24th-March-2006, 10:01 AM
No freestyling for me this week.

Friday night:- trip to Ikea

Sat:- dance lesson, shopping, decorating, dinner with friends

Sunday:- mothers day! but seeing as i have no mum i wont be visiting her so will
spend the day with my daughter:flower:

senorita
24th-March-2006, 10:02 AM

really! you lucky person you :nice:

senorita
24th-March-2006, 10:02 AM

Oh do tell young lady :nice: :flower:

drathzel
24th-March-2006, 12:24 PM
really! you lucky person you :nice:
Yeah but you always want more than your are getting! :devil:

senorita
24th-March-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah but you always want more than your are getting! :devil:

Is that so!??:D :whistle:

Swinging bee
24th-March-2006, 05:20 PM
Your doing well :rolleyes:

This year is turning out as good as last year so far:tears:

Can't understand it ...where are all those red blooded studs?

Yogi_Bear
24th-March-2006, 05:25 PM
This Saturday, 25th, at Stevenage (Ceroc Metro).......

fletch
24th-March-2006, 05:56 PM
Can't understand it ...where are all those red blooded studs?
You tell me !!!!:tears:

I think its my approach, I keep saying I'm going to try the 'shy little thing' :innocent: but I can't keep it up.:whistle:

I don't think a lot of men can cope with a strong woman,:wink: back to the 'Hunter' 'Gather' thing:tears:

:devil:

Rhythm King
24th-March-2006, 06:06 PM
Still no dancing for me :tears: but I am going to see Pink Martini on Sunday night, at The Barbican :clap: :clap: :clap: . There are still some tickets left for both nights, if people aren't dancing, or are at a loose end after the T-Jive.

djtrev
24th-March-2006, 06:38 PM
I am going to Central Hall in Wymondham where Jon Brett is DJing for a freestyle night

Swinging bee
24th-March-2006, 09:44 PM
Great Bookham sounds like the place to be for me. (if Sharon doesn't mind me dancing without her :innocent: )

Please note a booking up early is important as it does get oversubscribed. Go to jag jive website to do it.

Just to let you know, Gt Bookham has now totally sold out. John F.:clap:

Miss Conduct
25th-March-2006, 02:50 AM
just got in after a fantastic night @ Chesham!!!

The music was amazing, thank you Ian :respect: :respect: :respect:
They've also done something to the floor and it's now superb.

Thanks to all the lovely men I danced with, didn't have a bad one all night. Only hope the T-jive is as good on Sunday as it will be my last dance 'til 21st April. :tears:

4 days to go and still packing...

Lory
25th-March-2006, 12:49 PM

:yeah:

I had a great night too! :na:

Fab dances all night long! :respect:

And the pre dance drinks in the bar with friends, really gets my night off to a brilliant start! :cheers:

Zebra Woman
25th-March-2006, 12:51 PM
just got in after a fantastic night @ Chesham!!!

Thanks to all the lovely men I danced with, didn't have a bad one all night. Only hope the T-jive is as good on Sunday as it will be my last dance 'til 21st April. :tears:

4 days to go and still packing...
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

It was a brilliant night, the floor was so smooth and clean and the men were on top form :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: .

If only the class would start earlier and finish at 9.30 so we could have two full hours of freestyle, that is my only gripe with Chesham.

wayaay bird
25th-March-2006, 01:55 PM
Its gotta be Bromley for me tonight nice and local.

Tomorrow i am considering t-jive at kent house. haven't been before (it will get me out of bed) :yum:
Xxx

Tiggerbabe
25th-March-2006, 02:19 PM
Charity dance in Glasgow for me :clap: :D

TheTramp
25th-March-2006, 02:30 PM
Charity dance in Glasgow for me :clap: :D
And me :clap: :D

Georgious dancer
25th-March-2006, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm! Considering Bromley Freestyle tonight, haven't been there in a while and it's nice and local but not my favourite venue, might just have a quiet one instead:confused: !

Definitely doing the T-jive at Kent House tomorrow, didn't think I was going to be able to make it with it being Mother's Day but Mum is a devout Charlton fan and as luck would have it they are playing at home 2moz! (Football does have it's uses occasionally!:rofl: )

WittyBird
25th-March-2006, 10:24 PM
And the pre dance drinks in the bar with friends, really gets my night off to a brilliant start! :cheers:
:wink: absolutely :rofl:

ElaineB
26th-March-2006, 12:10 PM
We had Marc Foster DJing in Bristol last night! You peeps in the London area are sooooo lucky to have him!

It was without doubt the best set that I have heard for a long time - thanks Marc - look forward to your next visit in June. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

djtrev
26th-March-2006, 01:13 PM
Well I'm afraid that I lasted just on the hour last night.
I just felt it was not going to be my night so I cut the evening short.
It had not been advertised very well so the numbers were down and those that were there were mainly into lindy/swing.Jon,as you would expect,played the music to the floor.
Not for me I'm afraid.Oh well.You win some,you lose some.

Petal
26th-March-2006, 01:25 PM
There's the monthly Ceroc party at Marco's in Edinburgh, and a charity dance on at the GUU in Glasgow.

Still haven't decided which one to go to...:)

Well we know you weren't at marco's so you must have made a decision.

Marco's was great last night. Tink, Peaches and I danced with lots of people we'd never met before as well as our favourite dancers. Great to see some of our Perth beginners venturing to the parties, you did great.:flower:
Special thanks to the few guys who let me "play with the music",:respect: you know who you are,:wink: it's great to be given some freedom when the music allows, even if i don't do it well it's good fun.:nice:

Thanks to JTHG for his words of wisdom..... now back to studying.:(

Lory
26th-March-2006, 09:34 PM
We had Marc Foster DJing in Bristol last night! You peeps in the London area are sooooo lucky to have him!

:yeah: The man did us proud yet again today, at the T Jive :respect:

Thanks to all you lovely men (and Miss Fab), for making it the perfect way to spend Mother's Day! :clap: :hug:

robd
26th-March-2006, 11:09 PM
SOOOOOOOOO...... WHO IS COMING TO NORTHAMPTON FREESTYLE ON SATURDAY THEN.....???

Well, I (we) made it eventually having got lost in the middle of Northampton - good job it's in a huge rugby stadium :D Had a good night with faces familiar and new - some enjoyable dances (and tales of the unexpected styling apparently :confused: ) and good to watch king of smooth Groovy Dancer in action when sitting out. Not sure that having two separate areas of seating helps with mingling but I wasn't short of people at 'my' end of the room anyway.

RoalD

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 08:45 AM
:yeah: The man did us proud yet again today, at the T Jive :respect:

Thanks to all you lovely men (and Miss Fab), for making it the perfect way to spend Mother's Day! :clap: :hug:
:yeah: And thanks Lory for the gorgeous Chocolate Brownies:yum: Although ZW couldn't resist temptation (whats new:rofl: )
Thought it was going to be another 'too many females' at the beginning but evened out nicely. The candles and extremely low lighting for the last hour were a nice touch, although i did trip over Foxy Lady's feet as it was so dark.:rolleyes: I believe the smell of burning was some ladies hair:eek: poor thing. Missed my kids but still what a way to spend Mothers day.:D The post dance meal, a good laugh as usual, with all the usual insults for me from SF :rolleyes:

Lory
27th-March-2006, 10:05 AM
I believe the smell of burning was some ladies hair:eek: poor thing.
I thought I smelt burning hair! :eek: appologies to Chris for breaking off to investigate, half way through our dance :flower: I hope the damage wasn't too severe? :(

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 10:10 AM
I thought I smelt burning hair! :eek: appologies to Chris for breaking off to investigate, half way through our dance :flower: I hope the damage wasn't too severe? :(
Don't know who it was. It was quite amusing watching everyone sniffing to see where the burning smell was coming from though.:D

Msfab
27th-March-2006, 10:15 AM

I believe the burning smell was Wicked Blues hair!

Top Bird
27th-March-2006, 10:16 AM
Great night at Bromley, downside - it was very busy but a whole heap of very good dancers. Had an interesting conversation with a Fulhamite, who said he had low expections of Bromley but he was surprised at the high standard.

C'mon guys, give us sarf east lunden peeps some credability - we are good :respect: If you don't come and try us out, how will you ever know.

Rhythm King
27th-March-2006, 12:41 PM
Well no dancing for me this weekend, but I have to say Pink Martini were just FABULOUS! :worthy: I was a little surprised not to see anybody dancing in the aisles, having heard that there was some at the Saturday night performance, but it was well worth going - and they're back in July :clap:

wicked blue
27th-March-2006, 01:54 PM
Don't know who it was. It was quite amusing watching everyone sniffing to see where the burning smell was coming from though.:D

yep that hair that caused the rather nasty whiff was mine!! :eek: :tears:

strangely enough i didn't really appreciate the lighting after that!!

Amir thought my hair smelt of cinnamon??!! ..

Rhythm King
27th-March-2006, 02:21 PM

I do feel silly :blush: - all this time I thought your name was "Wick-ed" Blue, as in naughty or evil, and now I find out it's actually "Wick'd" Blue - as in a candle!

R-K :D

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 02:27 PM
NO he said Cinders man!

Feelingpink
27th-March-2006, 02:27 PM

Amir thought my hair smelt of cinnamon??!! ..Amir can put a spin on anything :rofl:

wicked blue
27th-March-2006, 02:33 PM
NO he said Cinders man!

alias cinder ella

Sheepman
27th-March-2006, 05:12 PM
yep that hair that caused the rather nasty whiff was mine!! :eek: Gives a new meaning to "light the blue touchpaper..."

Hope you like the new hairstyle! :whistle:

Greg

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 05:17 PM
the rather nasty whiff was mine!! :eek: :tears:

OK, talking of which, there was a guy at the TJive that had a body odour problem. How could we make him aware without insulting him? Has a thread already been done on this subject (i'm sure it has) Can someone direct me or should i start a new one?

robd
27th-March-2006, 05:44 PM
How could we make him aware without insulting him?

Put a peg on your nose if he asks you to dance.

Actually, just put a peg on your nose regardless.

wicked blue
27th-March-2006, 05:50 PM
OK, talking of which, there was a guy at the TJive that had a body odour problem. How could we make him aware without insulting him? Has a thread already been done on this subject (i'm sure it has) Can someone direct me or should i start a new one?

Yea crikey that was a stinker!! He came over to where i was sitting to get his bag and the smell nearly knocked me and mooncalf out!! :eek: Difficult subject to bring up :sick:

Msfab
27th-March-2006, 06:46 PM
OK, talking of which, there was a guy at the TJive that had a body odour problem. How could we make him aware without insulting him?

Yea crikey that was a stinker!! He came over to where i was sitting to get his bag and the smell nearly knocked me and mooncalf out!! :eek: Difficult subject to bring up :sick:

It wasnt KevF was it?:rolleyes: He disappeared off with his 'man bag' at the start of the afternoon - may be the nice smell he was letting off during the t-dance had worn off by the end of the afternoon:whistle:

Sorry Kev Couldnt resist! :innocent:

Cruella
27th-March-2006, 06:51 PM
It wasnt KevF was it?:rolleyes: He disappeared off with his 'man bag' at the start of the afternoon - may be the nice smell he was letting off during the t-dance had worn off by the end of the afternoon:whistle:

Sorry Kev Couldnt resist! :innocent:
No Kev definately smelt:drool: This unfortunate guy smelt :sick:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-March-2006, 07:05 PM

Aw hun sorry to hear that :hug: I hope the damage isn't too bad :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
28th-March-2006, 12:45 AM
Really nice weekend see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216967&postcount=98) for all details.
Lovely to meet more forumites, thewhirlitzerrocks :drool: :yum: :worthy: Fab dances with you all weekend, Lickle chick We didn't get to dance but lovely to meet you :hug: TSH Also nice to meet you and thank you for the dance :clap:

Nice to see dangerouscurves again, and obviously some lovely dances with Dirty D was had throughout :clap: :clap: