PDA

View Full Version : Fab New Venue

fletch
20th-March-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, after much moaning about the lack of good venues in the midlands, I have some good news.:clap:

I went to the opening of a new venue, in Bromsgrove yesterday.

It was a 'T' dance held from 5pm till 9pm

Yipppppeeee! it was FAB:clap:

the location is easy to reach, the venue is perfect, with a lovely dance floor, the music was laid back just right for a Sunday afternoon, with only 1 Mowtown thrown in just to keep your truly happy.:eek:

The next one is in Dudley on the 2nd April, and I hope I can perswade a few forunties to join me.:cheers:

Well done Steve :respect:

Donna
20th-March-2006, 02:32 PM
the location is easy to reach, the venue is perfect, with a lovely dance floor, the music was laid back just right for a Sunday afternoon, with only 1 Mowtown thrown in just to keep your truly happy.:eek:

And what a perfect way to end a weekend! :respect:

fletch
20th-March-2006, 02:36 PM
Me and Steve the organiser

Me and OXO'S

Gillformnorwich and MIB

fletch
20th-March-2006, 02:41 PM
My 8 year old doing double trouble

My Joe with Gill, she made his day :awe:

Donna
20th-March-2006, 02:50 PM
That is excellent to see someone that young taking an interest! :worthy:

fletch
20th-March-2006, 03:24 PM
That is excellent to see someone that young taking an interest! :worthy:
Taking an interest..... thats an understatement, I have two children Joe who's on the photo he is 8 and Maddy who is 12 they are both full off it, Maddy had my Blocks on before she went to school this morning, we are going to the beech boogie i'm so pleased they will love it.
:clap: :hug:

OXO'S
20th-March-2006, 06:57 PM
yes fletch a smashing afternoon i can see this teadance venue taking off,
well done steve.
Great to see a few saucepan lids having a dance and fun,::clap:

stewart38
24th-March-2006, 04:21 PM
The next one is in Dudley on the 2nd April, and I hope I can perswade a few forunties to join me.:cheers:

Well done Steve :respect:

What kind of lingo do they talk like in Dudley . This forunite can be perswaded ,whos driving me there and back :grin:

fletch
2nd-April-2006, 09:27 AM
Don't forget those who can

its Steve's next 'T' dance and the 1st in Dudley.

Hope to see some of you there:flower: i'll post photo's later

:clap: :clap: :clap:

fletch
15th-July-2006, 07:04 PM
Steve is holding another 't' dance tomorrow.:flower:

Lickey end social club
Bromsgrove
B60 1JT

Junction 1 M42 Alcester road just off the island

its air conditioned:clap:

jivecat
15th-July-2006, 07:52 PM
So EXACTLY what sort of music does he play, then, Fletch? (Thinks, thank God he doesn't seem to be into Motown.) It would have to be good to miss tango for.

OXO'S
15th-July-2006, 08:06 PM
tomoz tunes will be a mix of chilled, latin and some nice blues,and some dance etc to cater for all, and not forgetting 1 MOWTOWN FOR FLETCH.
Perhaps looking forward to a dance eh,:wink:

fletch
16th-July-2006, 01:35 AM
Cheers, the Snake would be good:D

Wen't to Soilhull tonight, and it sounds as if there will be a good turn out tomorrow, so if there are any of you with nothing to do tomorrow afternoon you will be made very welcome:flower:

fletch
16th-July-2006, 11:02 PM
I was right there was a good turn out, we had a fantastic afternoon.:clap:

Good dancing lots of fun.:D

OXOS played a blinder I hope you are happier as you got to play 'your' choices and believe it or not for a Midlands venue there was NO thud, thud, thud stuff. :worthy:

I will post photo's tomorrow :flower:

angelique
17th-July-2006, 12:50 AM
This is sounding good for the Midlands Fletch! :respect:

May have to pop in sometime! :clap:

jivecat
17th-July-2006, 05:55 PM
......and believe it or not for a Midlands venue there was NO thud, thud, thud stuff.

If the music is right I will be there. It's about time we had a decent chillout T-dance venue in the Midlands.

fletch
28th-September-2006, 01:28 PM
Steve's next 't' is on Sunday

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its my son's 9th Birthday so there will be cake for all

:hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower:

CJ
28th-September-2006, 02:08 PM
am there, babe...

sidney
28th-September-2006, 02:58 PM
Steve's next 't' is on Sunday

Its my son's 9th Birthday so there will be cake for all

:hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower:

Is this T.dance going to be a regular event as I am not sure if I will be able to make it this sunday, but it is only about 45mins down the motorway for me plus I can make a day of it and pop in and see my brothers who live 5mins from venue, and I 'm sure they use that club:nice:

fletch
28th-September-2006, 04:42 PM
Is this T.dance going to be a regular event as I am not sure if I will be able to make it this sunday, but it is only about 45mins down the motorway for me plus I can make a day of it and pop in and see my brothers who live 5mins from venue, and I 'm sure they use that club:nice:

Yes every two weeks

fletch
1st-October-2006, 12:27 PM
So any one on line coming to the 't'

DavidY what about you :flower:

CJ and ClairS will be there also Patrick :clap:

i'm doing some sandwiches....thats good for me :na:

Fletch
x

Yliander
1st-October-2006, 01:01 PM

Fletch
xwanted to make it to this but stuck in London :( on the upside i do have a lovely cat to keep me company

Jivingdan
1st-October-2006, 01:34 PM

Fletch
x

I'll be there Fletch so make sure you have a robust top on:rofl:
See you later
Dan

DavidY
1st-October-2006, 09:28 PM
DavidY what about you :flower: No - busy doing other stuff I'm afraid. Hope you all had a good time.:cheers:

Jivingdan
1st-October-2006, 11:27 PM
No - busy doing other stuff I'm afraid. Hope you all had a good time.:cheers:

You missed a great evening David. It was a really friendly atmosphere.
Good music , great floor and some very nice dancers.
:respect: to the organisers
It was a great way to spend a Sunday evening.
It was great to meet Patrick and Ceroc Jock and it was really nice to see ClaireS again.

I will definitely be back there in two weeks when the next one is on.
Fletch you were fabulous as always:worthy: :worthy:

fletch
1st-October-2006, 11:42 PM
You missed a great evening David. It was a really friendly atmosphere.
Good music , great floor and some very nice dancers.
:respect: to the organisers
It was a great way to spend a Sunday evening.
It was great to meet Patrick and Ceroc Jock and it was really nice to see ClaireS again.

I will definitely be back there in two weeks when the next one is on.
Fletch you were fabulous as always:worthy: :worthy:

Dan,

Maddy talked about you all the way home. she really enjoyed your dances, thank you, I will reurn the faviour in two weeks with your Joe :flower:

What a lovely afternoon, it was just chill, freindly :flower: and what else would we be doing on a rainy Sunday afternoon :sick:

I did miss OXO'S djing :sad:

How Fab was it to see CJ and ClairS :worthy:

And what a lovely guy Patrick/Robert? Patric/Robert? :confused: is :D

Good to see some support in the Midlands for a really good guy Steve Braces:cheers:

I'v just scoffed a box of ferrero rocher :drool: :eek: :tears:

photo's to follow

Jivingdan
2nd-October-2006, 12:03 AM
Dan,

Maddy talked about you all the way home. she really enjoyed your dances, thank you, I will reurn the faviour in two weeks with your Joe :flower:

It was a pleasure to dance with Maddy, she is a real natural.A new rising star on the dance scene I think. Watch this space. I am sure Joe will appreciate it he likes to be the centre of attentionm. Cant think where he gets that from:wink: . He will love it i'm sure . Roll on October the 15th. Still plenty of dancing to get in before then.

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 12:55 AM
Bromsgrove

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 01:04 AM
Bromsgrove

Patrick
2nd-October-2006, 01:43 AM
Dan,

And what a lovely guy Patrick/Robert? Patric/Robert? :confused: is :D

photo's to follow

Thank u! :flower: Sometimes even I don't know where one ends and the other begins.

Fletch, you are a very genuine and charming lady, and your kids do you credit. :respect:

Joe is quite a photographer too. It looks as if we know what we're doing in the double sway... Which we do of course!

Thanks to all for a great eve. Not been home long, very tired.....

Patbert :D

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 09:13 AM
Bromsgrove

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 09:18 AM
Bromsgrove

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 09:27 AM
Bromsgrove

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 09:33 AM
CJ and 'Di

CJ and Fiona .....Chef's lucky find Southport

fletch
27th-November-2006, 09:34 AM
Steves 'T' is on this Sunday and we are now up to 80 people. :clap:

So now us regulars moan cos there not enough room :na:

but we have the wonderful

Witty Bird

coming up for the big smoke :clap:

Patrick
27th-November-2006, 11:40 AM
Steves 'T' is on this Sunday and we are now up to 80 people. :clap:

So now us regulars moan cos there not enough room :na:

but we have the wonderful

Witty Bird

coming up for the big smoke :clap:

:yeah: I hope to make it up for this Sunday :D , and my tickets for 24 Dec have arrived!

Is it 6-10pm this time? :hug:

Breeny
27th-November-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi Flech

i heard from steve that ceroc have banned the dj from playing there on a sunday. also ceroc have told their taxi dancers that they can't go to any weekenders unless run by ceroc, and taxi dancers are not allowed to go to diffrent venues unless they are ceroc. can you put some light on this???

breeny

fletch
27th-November-2006, 04:28 PM
:yeah: I hope to make it up for this Sunday :D , and my tickets for 24 Dec have arrived!

Is it 6-10pm this time? :hug:

Hi babes, 24th is 6-10

this Sunday normal at 5-9

save me and Witty a dance

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Flech

can you put some light on this???

Nope!

not geting involved in this one, but there is enough been said by others and a current tread running, you need to read it.

:flower:

David Bailey
27th-November-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi Flech

i heard from steve that ceroc have banned the dj from playing there on a sunday. also ceroc have told their taxi dancers that they can't go to any weekenders unless run by ceroc, and taxi dancers are not allowed to go to diffrent venues unless they are ceroc. can you put some light on this???
I'm not Fletch, but I believe this refers to the new edict from Ceroc - see the "DJs - restraint of trade? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10334)" thread for details.

MartinHarper
27th-November-2006, 07:44 PM
Also ceroc have told their taxi dancers that they can't go to any weekenders unless run by ceroc, and taxi dancers are not allowed to go to diffrent venues unless they are ceroc.

This is news to me. Given that Ceroc teachers have historically been permitted to go to non-Ceroc weekenders and venues, I'd be very surprised if anyone tried to put such restrictions on taxi dancers.

TheTramp
27th-November-2006, 07:48 PM
also ceroc have told their taxi dancers that they can't go to any weekenders unless run by ceroc, and taxi dancers are not allowed to go to diffrent venues unless they are ceroc. can you put some light on this???

This is news to me. Given that Ceroc teachers have historically been permitted to go to non-Ceroc weekenders and venues, I'd be very surprised if anyone tried to put such restrictions on taxi dancers.

:yeah:

They can tell you that you can't work at them.

They can, I guess, try to tell you that you can't attend other places. Though, I think that this is pretty unlikely. And would be quite scary!

David Bailey
27th-November-2006, 09:52 PM
They can tell you that you can't work at them.

They can, I guess, try to tell you that you can't attend other places. Though, I think that this is pretty unlikely. And would be quite scary!
:yeah:

I very much hope this is just a rumour, or simply a distortion / misunderstanding of the planned DJ restrictions - expanding it to even attempt to forbid people to spend their leisure time elsewhere would IMO be insanely protectionist. Apart from being probably unenforceable, I imagine it'd be almost impossible to police such private behaviour.

Of course, this is just a typical example of the start of the image problem Ceroc will have - from now on, when every "evil empire" rumour comes along people are a little bit more likely to believe it of them because "they've got form".

TheTramp
27th-November-2006, 09:58 PM
expanding it to even attempt to forbid people to spend their leisure time elsewhere would IMO be insanely protectionist. Apart from being probably unenforceable.

Of course it's enforceable.

All you need to do is send in one of your 'spies' to another venue. And see which of your taxi-dancers/teachers/DJs/ships monkeys/ etc. are attending the venue as punters. Then you just don't have to give them any more work. Harder, if they are employees, with contracts, and protected rights. Easier, if you just employ them on a night-by-night basis....

David Bailey
28th-November-2006, 08:59 AM
Of course it's enforceable.

All you need to do is send in one of your 'spies' to another venue. And see which of your taxi-dancers/teachers/DJs/ships monkeys/ etc. are attending the venue as punters. Then you just don't have to give them any more work. Harder, if they are employees, with contracts, and protected rights. Easier, if you just employ them on a night-by-night basis....
OK, you're scaring me now :eek:

Cruella
28th-November-2006, 09:11 AM
OK, you're scaring me now :eek:

He scares me all the time!

fletch
28th-November-2006, 09:23 AM

I'm the blond one here :rolleyes: why are you even biting,:really: thing is if I feel strongly about something I can go up like a rocket :eek: (as you all know) :blush:

but i'm not that stupid I fire any bullet put in any gun :mad:

fletch
18th-February-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, there are a number of us going to Bromsgrove to day.:clap:

I have it on good authority that the wonderful Phil and Yuko will be putting in an appearance.:worthy:

Jamie will be trying to brake his spinning record currenly standing at 31:respect:

WittyBird will be trying to fend off all the Midland's men asking her to dance:rofl:

I might even bring some cakes:drool:

see you all later:hug:

DavidY
18th-February-2007, 02:59 PM
WittyBird will be trying to fend off all the Midland's men asking her to dance:rofl: :confused: Some of my most fun dances at Derby last night were with WittyBird... :clap:

A Midlands Man :wink:

WittyBird
18th-February-2007, 03:04 PM
:confused: Some of my most fun dances at Derby last night were with WittyBird... :clap:

Ditto Sweetie, it's so much fun dancing with you :D

StokeBloke
18th-February-2007, 04:14 PM
WittyBird will be trying to fend off all the Midland's men asking her to dance:rofl:

:tears:

fletch
18th-February-2007, 04:14 PM
:confused: Some of my most fun dances at Derby last night were with WittyBird... :clap:

A Midlands Man :wink:

and ours were the sexiest :confused:

:wink: :D

Mythical
18th-February-2007, 05:07 PM
Apologies if this comes up three or four times..... I think my router has PMT.

Look out for me, too! I'll be there hoping I see some forumites....even though I only know what fletch looks like, and that's from her avatar (and, I'd probably be too scared to go say hi, anywway!!)

fletch
19th-February-2007, 09:32 AM
Apologies if this comes up three or four times..... I think my router has PMT.

Look out for me, too! I'll be there hoping I see some forumites....even though I only know what fletch looks like, and that's from her avatar (and, I'd probably be too scared to go say hi, anywway!!)

So what happend :confused:

where you there:confused:

Mythical
19th-February-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes, I was there. I was right, I was too scared!!

fletch
19th-February-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, I was there. I was right, I was too scared!!

Please till me:flower: cos I get lots of comments like this and it gets me realy down:sad:

What am I doing wrong :confused: why don't people want to speak to me, I try and chat, smile, and look freindly:confused: I go around the room asking everyone to dance and chat to them, what else can I do :(

:flower:

Mythical
19th-February-2007, 10:25 AM
Aww, I'm sorry. You looked like someone who knew everyone, and knew what you were doing, and in this case, I don't think it was down to you being unapporachable at all!

fletch
19th-February-2007, 11:01 AM
photo's from yesterday :flower:

fletch
19th-February-2007, 11:03 AM
photo's

David Bailey
19th-February-2007, 11:17 AM
What am I doing wrong :confused: why don't people want to speak to me, I try and chat, smile, and look freindly:confused: I go around the room asking everyone to dance and chat to them, what else can I do :(
Be grumpy, miserable and anti-social all the time.

Hey, it works for me :)

Miguel
19th-February-2007, 11:19 AM
You looked like someone who knew everyone,...She does.

....and knew what you were doing,...She doesn't.

I don't think it was down to you being unapporachable at all!She isn't.

Mythical
19th-February-2007, 06:19 PM
She does.
She doesn't.
She isn't.

I know, I wasn't trying to say anything bad!
I'm sure fletch is perfectly lovely....I'll try harder next time, I promise!!:flower:

StokeBloke
19th-February-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm sure fletch is perfectly lovely....I'll try harder next time, I promise!!:flower:
So, c'mon. Which one were you? I'll make an extra effort to come and say hello to you next time :flower:

I usually make a point of trying to dance with as many people as possible. But as I was new there myself I sort of stuck to dancing and chatting mainly with people I knew - my bad :sad:

Jamie
19th-February-2007, 06:57 PM
I was there, really enjoyed it! The pics look ace Fletch! Specially the one of me in "the hat" hugging Stokie! :whistle:

Mythical, did we dance? I don't know if we've met!

Mythical
19th-February-2007, 07:14 PM
StokeBloke, I was the one thinking how lovely you looked in your leather pants. :yum:
Jamie, No, we didn't dance. :( which was a shame, 'cause you dance lovely.

I was the one who looked the most scared!

fletch
19th-February-2007, 07:15 PM

You wont need to :flower: now I know who you are I will say hello, and I wont scare you I promise :hug: I can do quirt :wink:

:hug:

:
I sort of stuck to dancing and chatting mainly with people I knew - my bad :sad:

I couldn't put you down:eek: I think it must have been the leathers :wink: good job TB doesn't get jealous :clap:

I was there, really enjoyed it! The pics look ace Fletch! Specially the one of me in "the hat" hugging Stokie! :whistle:

Mythical, did we dance? I don't know if we've met!

Jamie you must get a hat like that for storm it was soooo you, I think it would look fab with the pink trousers :rofl:

Mythical didn't dance much she was sat just by us in the corner,:flower: and no she wasn't on of the people that spent most of the afternood laughing at us :angry:

I would think she is a bit shy:flower: and we are a bit :eek: laughable :mad:

Mythical you are welcome to join us anytime honey :flower:

Twirlie Bird
19th-February-2007, 08:44 PM
I couldn't put you down:eek: I think it must have been the leathers :wink: good job TB doesn't get jealous :clap:

Fletch I love watching you guys dance together. You teach him so much. After a few dances with you Stokie is a completely different dancer and I can only benefit from that. No worries. Just have fun and enjoy. :love: :hug: Got to agree with you about the leather pants!!!!! :awe:

Jamie you must get a hat like that for storm it was soooo you, I think it would look fab with the pink trousers :rofl:

Jamie just like only you can make pink wraparound pants look sexy, you were the only one who could do that hat justice. Everyone else just looked that little too camp!!!! :rofl:

Mythical you are welcome to join us anytime honey :flower:

Mythical you silly girl :love: . You MUST come say hi next time. It would have been so lovely to meet you. Everyone is so nice and so friendly. They really are a great bunch. As a new dancer like me you would learn so much from just being with these guys. Fletch is a star, she really is. I challenge you to meet anyone nicer than her at any event you go to. Please come chill with us next time. :cheers:

Big thanks to everyone who made my first tea dance such an enjoyable experience. An extra special thanks to Jamie for the lesson in blues :blush: and to Icebraker for driving me so many miles this weekend. :hug:

Here's to the next one. When is the next one???

Twirlie Bird
-x-