PDA

View Full Version : Whos Coming To Torquay In June 2006?

jacksondonut
20th-March-2006, 10:03 AM
OK... WHO'S COMING TO 'THE LINDY ONE', IN JUNE, AT THAT LOVELY HOTEL IN TORQUAY ??

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Asif
20th-March-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm going. The teachers line up for this one is fantastic.

Home Grown Talent
- Joseph & Trisha - lovely, smooth, cool :cool:
- Andy & Rena - great fun, loads of energy :D
- Gary & Sara - great moves, lovely variations :respect:

Special Guests
- Andy & Christelle - Flash but incredibly "cool" with it :waycool:
- Hasse & Marie - Tonnes of energy (Hasse) and an angel to watch (Marie :drool: )

And what a great venue - great pools (inc Jacuzzi), dining rooms, bars, cafe, games rooms, etc (enough to keep you busy even if you DON'T want to do the classes!!).

See ya there.

jacksondonut
21st-March-2006, 07:03 PM
Well sweetie... looks like its just you and me....:rofl: :rofl: at least we will have plenty of room on the dancefloor....

looking forward to it loads..
Jan
:yeah:

Minnie M
21st-March-2006, 09:14 PM
I was going but it is the week after Southport and I couldn't handle two very very long journeys back to back :sad:

clevedonboy
26th-May-2006, 04:02 PM
So with only 2 weeks to go who's definitely going?

And more importantly have you got your fancy dress costume sorted? (Cabaret!)

We'll know some people from Exeter who are going and I dare say some of the Gloucestershire Lindy Hoppers will be there. For those who we haven't met, here's a pic of me & 'er (Andrew & Julia)

http://www.clevedonroc.co.uk/wiggles1.jpg

Saxylady
26th-May-2006, 05:08 PM
For those who we haven't met, here's a pic of me & 'er (Andrew & Julia)

Well, that'll scare off anyone who was thinking of going...

jacksondonut
28th-May-2006, 01:33 PM
Good grief... its come round really quickly...!!!!! looking forward to the weekend and seeing everyone.:flower: :flower: . need a break about now... :yeah:

Havent been out to play since the BFG and my op..... :tears:

:cheers:

TiggsTours
30th-May-2006, 10:17 AM
Well sweetie... looks like its just you and me....:rofl: :rofl: at least we will have plenty of room on the dancefloor....

looking forward to it loads..
Jan
:yeah:
I'm going, kust hadn't replied earlier as I hadn't seen the thread, however, I had already replied that I was going on this one:

Rock Bottoms - January & June 2006 (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7035&highlight=torquay)

jacksondonut
30th-May-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm going, kust hadn't replied earlier as I hadn't seen the thread, however, I had already replied that I was going on this one:

Rock Bottoms - January & June 2006 (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7035&highlight=torquay)

Hiya TT..xxxx:flower:

Be good to see you.. it is unlikely i will be able to do any dancing (depends on the knee really)... but I am looking forward to seeing you folks and having a weekend away in fantastic company... :yeah: Just know that I will have a great time, whether i can dance or not. :hug: :yeah:

Is about time I had a little holiday by the sea.....

:cheers: :clap: :cheers:

jacksondonut
7th-June-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi folks..

anyone else coming along this weekend??:flower:

Jan
:clap: :clap:

*hopefully wont be tempted to get on the dancefloor.....*

Minnie M
7th-June-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi folks..

anyone else coming along this weekend??:flower:

Jan
:clap: :clap:

*hopefully wont be tempted to get on the dancefloor.....*

It is a Lindy one :blush: have to say after such a fab time last weekend (best ever) I think the MJ crowd are much more friendly and you get lots more dances - however, the Rock Botts crew do put on great events :respect:

jacksondonut
7th-June-2006, 08:40 AM
It is a Lindy one :blush: have to say after such a fab time last weekend (best ever) I think the MJ crowd are much more friendly and you get lots more dances - however, the Rock Botts crew do put on great events :respect:

Yeah, I think I may have missed out on a wonderful weekend (SP):sad: but it wasnt to be.... So pleased you all had a fab time and the pics are brilliant.

I wont be dancing this weekend, but lazing around having a bit of a holiday with luvverly food and some fun and games. ...:yeah: They are a great bunch of characters and I had a great time last year...:clap: :clap:

I will miss the usual bunch of forumites, but it will be lovely to catch up with all the others too... be so tempting to get up and have a go, but will try and hold back....

TiggsTours
7th-June-2006, 10:04 AM
I used to think that, but I'm getting more and more into Lindy now, and am really changing my mind. Lindy is just giving me that buzz that has been missing for so long with MJ for me.

Only 52 hours to go till I set off for Torquay! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
12th-June-2006, 12:16 PM
:hug: Hi Folks,:flower:

Had a lovely weekend.... sun, sea, swimming, massage, yummy food, great people, amazing teachers.. and a totally brilliant atmosphere from the moment of arrival....:yeah:.....:worthy: :worthy: LOVED IT..!!

First weekender that I have been on and not joined in the dancing, but watching the awesome caberet and fabulous teachers, made up for it bigtime... I had the most relaxing and enjoyable time and although I was SORELY tempted (packed four pairs of shoes..) a sensible chat from Asif confirmed to me, that it could well be too early to be attempting to get back on the floor... THANKYOU DARLIN...:hug: :hug: I know it would have been a mistake and your good advice was appreciated... :respect:

Tiggs Tours.. wonderful to catch up with you again... it was a pleasure to spend time in your company... hope its not so long til the next time...:hug: :hug:

And to the Rockbottoms team.... YOUR ARE ALL AMAZING.. the hard work you put in shows every time.. and was fab to meet gorgeous little Jarvis, what a sweetie.

Looking forward to doing it again :yeah:

TiggsTours
13th-June-2006, 01:01 PM
:hug: Hi Folks,:flower:

Had a lovely weekend.... sun, sea, swimming, massage, yummy food, great people, amazing teachers.. and a totally brilliant atmosphere from the moment of arrival....:yeah:.....:worthy: :worthy: LOVED IT..!!

First weekender that I have been on and not joined in the dancing, but watching the awesome caberet and fabulous teachers, made up for it bigtime... I had the most relaxing and enjoyable time and although I was SORELY tempted (packed four pairs of shoes..) a sensible chat from Asif confirmed to me, that it could well be too early to be attempting to get back on the floor... THANKYOU DARLIN...:hug: :hug: I know it would have been a mistake and your good advice was appreciated... :respect:

Tiggs Tours.. wonderful to catch up with you again... it was a pleasure to spend time in your company... hope its not so long til the next time...:hug: :hug:

And to the Rockbottoms team.... YOUR ARE ALL AMAZING.. the hard work you put in shows every time.. and was fab to meet gorgeous little Jarvis, what a sweetie.

Looking forward to doing it again :yeah:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Fantasic weekend, best dance weekender I have ever been on, blew all the others away (even past Rock Bottoms weekenders!). Just fabulous! Amazing line-up of teachers, I'm in love with Hasse & Marie and I'm moving to Sweden! Having said that, the fabulous Gary & Sarah Boon will probably be enough to keep me here! AMAZING cabaret, best I've ever seen anywhere, fantastic dancing, excellent music, I didn't have a bad dance all weekend! There were so many fabulous classes and such amazing freestyle dancing, it was hard to find time to stop to eat or sleep, my feet still hurt now!

clevedonboy
13th-July-2006, 11:18 PM
photos are online

http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/rb_pix/2006_torquay_june/index.html

counting down to June 2007 (and Jan but for different reasons)

TiggsTours
14th-July-2006, 09:10 AM
photos are online

http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/rb_pix/2006_torquay_june/index.html

counting down to June 2007 (and Jan but for different reasons)
Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The last Lindy one was the best weekender I've been on ever! In my whole 10 years of dancing! It took 3 days for my feet to stop hurting!

Booked already. :D

I'm going in Jan too, its my birthday weekend, but looking forward to June far more!

Rock Bottoms team are the best! (and not just because they're all personal friends of mine).
:worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:

(Does anyone get the impression I enjoyed the last one, and am excited about the next one?) :wink:

stewart38
14th-July-2006, 09:55 AM
The last Lindy one was the best weekender I've been on ever! In my whole 10 years of dancing! It took 3 days for my feet to stop hurting!

Looks like a great weekend

last time i tried Lindy my legs ached even when dancing :sad: Maybe should give it another go

clevedonboy
14th-July-2006, 10:00 AM
last time i tried Lyndy my legs ached even when dancing :sad: Maybe should give it another go

Who is this Lyndy? and what did she get you to do that made your legs ache :whistle:

As for Lindy definitely give it another go - there are some good classes around your neck of the woods

stewart38
14th-July-2006, 10:03 AM
Who is this Lyndy? and what did she get you to do that made your legs ache :whistle:

As for Lindy definitely give it another go - there are some good classes around your neck of the woods

Thanks

ps i spelt it lindy :whistle:

jacksondonut
2nd-January-2007, 01:47 PM
Rockbottoms Weekender... Torquay (January 2007)

Hiya Folks... (and a 'Happy New Year', to anyone I havent seen yet...:flower: )

Just thought I would resurrect(?) this thread, for anyone coming along to Torquay this month for the Rockbottoms Weekender :clap: :clap:

Anyone else going to be there?

Northants Girly
2nd-January-2007, 02:03 PM

Me! :clap:

I've just heard that one of the Northampton dancers has made a block booking for ~30 so it might end up abit like Northampton On Sea :sick:

clevedonboy
2nd-January-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll be there - DJing & really looking forward to it although I don't feel insired by the "Accident & Emergency" party theme (I'm a bit squeamish)

sapphire
2nd-January-2007, 11:33 PM

I am going and looking forward to it.

MartinHarper
3rd-January-2007, 12:26 AM
Cabaret last year, A&E this year. I guess the crew trust in our good taste in fancy dress costumes...

straycat
3rd-January-2007, 12:24 PM

We be goin'

Stray

jacksondonut
3rd-January-2007, 03:12 PM
I am going and looking forward to it.

Cabaret last year, A&E this year. I guess the crew trust in our good taste in fancy dress costumes...

We be goin'

Stray

Brilliant... :clap: :clap: :clap: am going to look forward to seeing you all there and any other forumites I havent had the pleasure of meeting yet..:yeah: :flower: