PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Paris

bradders
6th-March-2003, 09:52 PM
Does anybody know of any modern jive type organisations that operate in the Paris area?

Or any venues in Paris that are suitable for MJ dancing?

Anybody danced in Paris anywhere that would be suitable for taking a group of MJer's to?

Thinking of trying to organise a trip over there and would like to hook up with or go along to a venue where we might find some of our French cousins to have a dance with?

All assistance appreciated.....

:cool:

Divissima
6th-March-2003, 09:59 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea! Would love to know if you find somewhere...

John S
7th-March-2003, 12:50 AM
This is a question that has come up a few times - do a search for Paris or France and you'll see.

The most recent one was only a month or so - a thread in the "Chit Chat" section called "France". This should take you there.
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=698

Will
7th-March-2003, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I'd be well up for a Ceroc event in Paris.

As it said on the other thread, the definitive website to look at is www.danse-a-2.com (http://www.danse-a-2.com)

I know a couple of French people who do ceroc. I shall ask around for you anyway.

Will

bradders
7th-March-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanx for the respose so far.......
I had a look at the aforementioned website a while ago (Found as a link on Francks website...ta Franck!).

I got Erick the Viking who is half French (Not sure which half!!) and speaks fluently to make contact.
We did not get very far as all the email contacts seem non active or did not reply.
Also got Delphine, one of our Taxi dancers who is all French to follow up a few contacts too but still no joy.

I have been using this as an excuse to chat to anyone who sounds or even looks like they are French for a while now, but still no luck.

So come on guys lets use the 'power of the community' to find a solution to this dilemma.......

What would be great is if we could find an organisation or group in Paris that we could work some kind of exchange with. We could go and dance with them and they could come over here at some point.

Franck
7th-March-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by David Bradley
So come on guys lets use the 'power of the community' to find a solution to this dilemma.......

What would be great is if we could find an organisation or group in Paris that we could work some kind of exchange with. We could go and dance with them and they could come over here at some point.
:cool: Hi David,

Picking up the gauntlet after your 'community challenge', I took a deeper look at the danse a 2 website and found the following class... They seem to have a great venue anyway, and some of their parties / events look good.

Take a look here: Diabolo Rock (http://danse-a-2.com/danse-a-2/da2.nsf/ToSortieWeb/04C91F6C3ECB70EAC1256C29003792AA)

Franck.

bradders
7th-March-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey Franck,

Took a look at your link and have just this minute got Erick to call Jean-Jacque....apparently he was one of the contacts that Erick emailed earlier but he had not replied.

Seems keener now we have spoken to him so the nudge may have worked to get this idea back on the road.
I will let you know how we get on!

Thanks for your help.

Still, any other contacts would also be appreciated.