PDA

View Full Version : T-jive - last minute change of venue

ChrisA
19th-March-2006, 01:43 PM
It's now at the Cabbage Patch in Twickenham.

The Cabbage Patch (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=516188&Y=173453&A=Y&Z=1)

Not sure that Marc knows yet... so if someone with his phone number could send him a text, it would be cool.

WittyBird
19th-March-2006, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know the full address? Marc is here and I am trying to find out the address for them, they are due to set off in about 3 minutes :sick:

WittyBird
19th-March-2006, 02:29 PM
All sorted :D They are on route :eek:

Amir
19th-March-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone: Here is the big gory story...

First of all, thanks to everyone that trecked accross Twickenham to find us in the alternate venue.

Huge appologies to anyone that didn't find it or wasn't given a map at Winchester Hall.

What happened was Kate and I turned up to Winchester Hall at 11:30am to find that they were setting up for a birthday party complete with catering and everything.

The bar manager said we didn't have it booked.
I said we did.
He got out his diary and said that we don't have it booked.
I said we did, and that he should check the emails we had sent between us.
He printed them out, and said that we did in fact have it booked, but there was nothing he could do as he couldn't kick the party out.

So Kate and I sat down with our cellphones and two yellow pages to find something in the area that could take us on. It took 40 minutes to find 'The Cabbage Patch' which I was told had salsa classes some nights. So we decided to go for it, even though we obviously hadn't been there before.

The Bar Manager at Winchester Hall agreed to print out some maps for people arriving for the workshop and T-Jive and to put a note on the door. I know some people found us at the new place by this method, and I hope this system worked for those coming later.

The venue as it turned out was really much smaler than we expected and an odd shape, and we didn't get to start until an hour late - but luckily Marc agreed to play an extra hour so there was still over three hours freestyle, and he played a great set.

As it turned out the atmosphere in there was lovely, and dancing in a club made a nice change from dancing in halls, if only for the one time.

So there it is!

I've had some poor luck lately with venues, but as soon as we find the ideal place we'll settle in quickly I am sure.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone for their support in this little adventure.

Note that next Sunday we are Kent House for the t-jive, and I'll call them to double check this as well!

Mary
19th-March-2006, 09:09 PM
What a nightmare!!! Hope it all worked out OK in the end and that no one had any problems finding the alternative venue.

This is the kind of thing a person can well do without so my feelings really go out to Amir. :worthy: :cheers: :clap: for getting it sorted.

For a number of reasons we had other plans for the day so weren't able to make it, but hope that those who did had a great time none the less.

M

Lory
19th-March-2006, 09:14 PM
Note that next Sunday we are Kent House for the t-jive, and I'll call them to double check this as well!
Well it's Mother's day next week and THAT's my mothers day treat!

So it bloomin well better be on! :devil: :wink:

Cruella
20th-March-2006, 03:15 PM
Well it's Mother's day next week and THAT's my mothers day treat!

So it bloomin well better be on! :devil: :wink:
Ditto for Zw and I. The question was Does 'Mother' do what she really wants to do (go dancing) or spend it at home with the little Cherubs.:rolleyes: Tough decision!

I really loved the venue for the TJive, preferred it to Winchester Hall. But as Amir pointed out it would be too small with the usual amount of TJivers there. Great set by Marc as usual, with quite a few unheard of (by me) tracks.:respect:

ElaineB
20th-March-2006, 06:26 PM
I really loved the venue for the TJive, preferred it to Winchester Hall. But as Amir pointed out it would be too small with the usual amount of TJivers there. Great set by Marc as usual, with quite a few unheard of (by me) tracks.:respect:

It certainly was an interesting start to the workshop as about 20 or so of us played crocodile lines all the way to the Cabbage Patch! :D Anyway, well done for sorting it and to Marc for agreeing to stay on late - what a star!

Thanks for the dances everyone and Cruella; excellent lead to a difficult piece of music - thanks again!

Elaine