PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Party

Dance Demon
19th-March-2006, 12:51 PM
Well!! made a last minute decision to go to the Glasgow party last night. Must admit, I wasn't sure about the Uni as a party venue before I went, but, no problems, it was Fab. After a few dances in the main room, I migrated - surprise surprise- to the Latin & Blues room, and stayed there all night:D ...I like this room, and last night I loved the music. Big thanks to Tiggerbabe for a fantastic set:respect: ..and to all the lovely ladies I danced with....Aleks, Tiggerbabe, Peaches, Janet, Isabelle, Ruth, Roz, and of course the ever lovely Irene ( Mrs DD) It was nice to have a night off DJing and being able to dance all night. I'm not normally a fan of the upstairs hall in the uni, but it was nice to just have to walk accross the landing to get between the two rooms ( not that I moved much, Blues room is where I stayed all night)....Looking forward to DJing the Latin & Blues room on 1st April.I'll have to be on top form to match last nights music:wink:

drathzel
19th-March-2006, 02:36 PM
sounds like i am going to have to come across and see this! Glad it was a hit!:clap:

ducasi
19th-March-2006, 07:06 PM
I also had a really fab night at the party last night. I was worried that the blues room would split the best dancers (as seemingly happened in Hammersmith) and would involve lots of trekking up and down the stairs, so, like Dance Demon, was quite glad we were all on the same level, and sorry to say, but also quite glad that the blues room wasn't very busy.

You can read about my night, as ever, on my blog (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/03/19/two-roomed-party/). :nice:

BTW, anyone fancy a lollypop? :D

Tiggerbabe
19th-March-2006, 08:31 PM
Looking forward to DJing the Latin & Blues room on 1st April
Bit unfair though, as I'll be in the main room and won't be able to pop over for a dance :tears: (although that means I might get a dance with Ducasi :D )

Have to agree, the two rooms in the Uni is just a fab set-up for the party, and the Reading Room is perfect for the Latin & Blues room :clap: It has a lovely atmosphere and is just the right size.
It's great that people can just walk across the landing and decide where they want to dance. Mind you those big leather seats are lethal, once you sit in them you can't get out again :rofl:

Although it wasn't so busy last night, I'm sure the 2nd room will soon be buzzing as people get to know about it and try it out for themselves.
I had some fabulous dances last night, especially the last one, an "incredibly serious" Assasin's Tango with Doc Martin :hug:

Special thanks to all of my boys, who helped me downstairs with the equipment :cheers: and just to let you know, someone had put the other cable in my bag :clap:

TheTramp
19th-March-2006, 11:54 PM
Had a good night. Nice sitting out and watching, since I wasn't feeling that great.

Only regret is that I didn't get a chance to dance in the blues/latin room. Or a dance with the Tiggerbabe

jammy
19th-March-2006, 11:56 PM
oh my god wot a night fabby!!!!!!!
cant wait till the next one it was nice 2 see all the faces from up north im not gonna mention names cauz i know ill forget sum1 nd thats not fair so like ppl from aberdden dundee and perth! had some fab dances with trampy sorry 2 say but we r gettin better:grin:
jammy

TheTramp
20th-March-2006, 12:09 AM
oh my god wot a night fabby!!!!!!!
cant wait till the next one it was nice 2 see all the faces from up north im not gonna mention names cauz i know ill forget sum1 nd thats not fair so like ppl from aberdden dundee and perth! had some fab dances with trampy sorry 2 say but we r gettin better:grin:
jammy

Can anyone provide a translation please?? :na:

Did he have a good time?

Tiggerbabe
20th-March-2006, 12:36 AM
Did he have a good time?
Yup, he did! I think "fabby" still means "fabby" :D

BeeBee
20th-March-2006, 02:18 PM
Mind you those big leather seats are lethal, once you sit in them you can't get out again :rofl:

:yeah: :rofl:

and just to let you know, someone had put the other cable in my bag :clap:
:nice:

Had a good time on Saturday, enjoyed the wee class at the start, if only because I got to have Jamie wiggle in front of me a few times . .. :cool: :yum:

Was great to see the folks from Edinburgh, Perth and even a wee piglet from Dundee at the party - thanks guys!

lx :flower: