PDA

View Full Version : C2D Official results with points!

Keith
5th-March-2003, 05:44 PM
2003 UK Open Jive Winners

Take A Chance
Position Names Points
1st Sherif Uthman + Sarah Waterhouse 85
2nd Andrew Willis + Lynn Smith 79
3rd Roy Greenhalgh + Debbie Winson 77

Intermediate
Position Names Points
1st Elliot Hodges + Della Swan 90
2nd Adam Maple + Hollie Shannon 89
3rd Greg Davidson + Mary Kyte 88

Lindy Hop
Position Names Points
1st Yasmin Bushby + Paul Neary 93
2nd Jane Story + Dudley Jones 83
3rd Lyndsey Brown + Gilbert Ndangan 64

Double Trouble
Position Names Points
1st Kerrin Osmond + Luci Buxey + Jackie Hicklin 97
2nd Bill Foreman + Fran Ranaldi + Denise McGuire 95
3rd Brady Rogers + Heather Mclean + Melanie Hutton 87

Senior
Position Names Points
1st John Lusby + Hazel Lusby 92
2nd David Chriscolli + Marcia Leah 87
3rd Steve Halward + Lyndsey Daly 72

Advanced
Position Names Points
1st James Geary + Lilly Barker 104
2nd Clayton Tubbs + Janine Myers 103
3rd Grayham Leclerc + Sarah Johnson 92

Air Steps
Position Names Points
1st Andrew Holmes + Kim Shepherd 114
2nd Annalisa Martin + David Martin 91
3rd Ross Pryor + David Mcloughlin 83

Spotlight
Position Names Points
1st Ash Nazir + Kim Shepherd 103
2nd Grayham Leclerc + Sarah Johnson 98
3rd Clayton Tubbs + Janine Myers 96

Team
Position Names
1st Team Dundee
2nd Fatal Attraction

Congratulations to you all.
C2D Team

Gus
5th-March-2003, 05:59 PM
Boy ... some real close scores ... bet there was plenty of 'lively' debate before the final positions were decided!

Any chance of posting all the finalists scores, must admit that I'm more than a little interested in a number of couples who didn't manage to get placed.

Dancing Veela
5th-March-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith
2003 UK Open Jive Winners

Team
Position Names
1st Team Dundee
2nd Fatal Attraction

Congratulations to you all.
C2D Team What about the points for the teams Keith? Or do I really not want to know???? :what:

DVx

Keith
5th-March-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Boy ... some real close scores ... bet there was plenty of 'lively' debate before the final positions were decided!

Any chance of posting all the finalists scores, must admit that I'm more than a little interested in a number of couples who didn't manage to get placed.

Will be on the www.chancetwodance.co.uk site within 24 hrs.

Keith
5th-March-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
What about the points for the teams Keith? Or do I really not want to know???? :what: Not sure how they were voted on, as Angie is in charge of this side. I think the teams were voted as 1st, 2nd & 3rd, by each judge with points awarded that way, the accumulative total therefore becoming the winners etc, therefore the points system is not like the other categories which covered specific areas.
I'll have to double check with Angie.
Keith

Will
6th-March-2003, 01:36 AM
It's great that you publish the scores Keith. I have a question however:-

If the judges each score the couples and then the scores are tabulated, why do they then need to discuss / debate / argue over who should win. Surely, the couple with the most points wins period. Or am I missing something?

Keith
6th-March-2003, 12:13 PM
Hi Will,
Sorry it's probably me not making myself clear. :confused:

If a couples points come out equal they are then discussed and the winner marked up one point, to create the overall winner. If this is not achievable the Head Judges decision is final.
No discussion or alterations take place if the overall score creates a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

Keith

Will
6th-March-2003, 12:30 PM
Right, I understand now.

Thanks for that Keith.

By the way, who was the head judge?

Keith
6th-March-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Will
By the way, who was the head judge? I knew you'd ask that!
To protect the innocent & with all that responsibility & the chance of hate mail, I'd rather not say.
one of seven though, & in my eyes very trustworthy, conscientious & true to the nature of dance.
Hope that satisfies.

Keith

TheTramp
6th-March-2003, 12:49 PM
To protect the innocent & with all that responsibility & the chance of hate mailAnd there I was, thinking that it was just a jive competition.....!!! :D

Obviously, it was a matter of life and death.

(Sorry Keith, but your reply did seem to be just a little bit over-melodramatic!!)

Steve

Will
6th-March-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Keith
I knew you'd ask that!
To protect the innocent & with all that responsibility & the chance of hate mail, I'd rather not say.Hate mail??? I wasn't gonna send hate mail. Far from it. I was just wondering which envelope I should have stuffed with the larger denomination of notes.

Fair enough anyway Keith. I didn't think you'd tell. I wouldn't either. :nice:

Keith
6th-March-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
And there I was, thinking that it was just a jive competition.....!!! :D

Obviously, it was a matter of life and death.

(Sorry Keith, but your reply did seem to be just a little bit over-melodramatic!!)

Steve

Not easy to create the right mood/Connotations in e-mail
Keith :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-March-2003, 03:30 PM
Keith you really need to sort out the web site. The points for 2003 are under 'photos' link. There is still hotel info etc for 2003 where Id expect to find the after comp info. The links are confusing.... I cant be the only one thats noticed. :) Course, you may have other things to do but it is hard to navigate.

Divissima
6th-March-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure this is the right thread to post this on, but as my question will show I can be a bit of a space cadet (from the planet Ji-Ve, allegedly) but...... I could have sworn there were eight couples in the finals, not six. I clearly lost the plot on Saturday...

Will
6th-March-2003, 05:30 PM
I believe the advanced had 6 couples. Not sure about the intermediate though. (TAC had loads of couples)

Divissima
6th-March-2003, 05:52 PM
help! - brain melting....

John S
6th-March-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Keith you really need to sort out the web site. The points for 2003 are under 'photos' link. There is still hotel info etc for 2003 where Id expect to find the after comp info. The links are confusing.... I cant be the only one thats noticed. :) Course, you may have other things to do but it is hard to navigate.

Yeah, well, maybe so.

However, I think it's a fabulous achievement by C2D to get the results, points and photos loaded up and available for us all so quickly after the event - I think it shows a real interest in meeting what the customers (ie us) want to see happen after such a superb event.

OK, Keith, I've crawled and brown-nosed just like you asked - now can you put me up from 4th to 3rd in the Seniors, like we agreed??? Just disqualify that Hazel Lusby woman - she's never 50, behaving like that on the dance floor!!:wink:

Debster
6th-March-2003, 06:07 PM
I recall there being more than six in one of the finals, and I think it was in intermediate.

Great to see the points on the web site. Sort of. I think. Perhaps I just thought I wanted to know (when I thought it might tell me what I wanted to hear...)

Hey can you refresh my memory - which spotlight did Lou Bragg- Reader + Deb Winson do? I remember the themes not the names.
I thought that the two girls (they were both women weren't they?) with the bed and blow up doll were really good too, and David and Briony with all their lifts in gold and black.

Cheers
D**

Keith
6th-March-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by John S
Yeah, well, maybe so.

However, I think it's a fabulous achievement by C2D to get the results, points and photos loaded up and available for us all so quickly after the event - I think it shows a real interest in meeting what the customers (ie us) want to see happen after such a superb event.

OK, Keith, I've crawled and brown-nosed just like you asked - now can you put me up from 4th to 3rd in the Seniors, like we agreed??? Just disqualify that Hazel Lusby woman - she's never 50, behaving like that on the dance floor!!:wink:

Hey, how could I refuse after that.:wink:
Keith

Gus
6th-March-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Debster

Hey can you refresh my memory - which spotlight did Lou Bragg- Reader + Deb Winson do? .

Cheers
D**

Lou and Debbie were the couple of lasses in black 'cyber' type outfits ...... the men will remember them as they are the couple who stripped off their tops!!:drool:

No ... seriously, they're from Brum ... Debbie is a Ceroc teacher and Lou DJs at Whythall (I think). Damn good pefromance I thought.:grin:

Divissima
6th-March-2003, 07:01 PM
They were fab - does anyone know what their music was?
Most funky.

Will
6th-March-2003, 07:07 PM
I have to say I though that the Spotlight competition was the strongest showcase competition I've ever seen. The Phantom of the Opera was so good I forgot I was watching a competition as I was just totally engrossed in the performance. Brilliant!

I think Debstar and L-L were fantastic too. Some spectacular moves.

nessie2611
7th-March-2003, 11:09 PM
[:

No ... seriously, they're from Brum ... Debbie is a Ceroc teacher and Lou DJs at Whythall (I think). Damn good pefromance I thought.:grin: [/B]

I cant agree more with you Gus. I thought they were highly original and I would of loved to have seen them placed.

bigdjiver
8th-March-2003, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Will
[B]I have to say I though that the Spotlight competition was the strongest showcase competition I've ever seen. The Phantom of the Opera was so good I forgot I was watching a competition as I was just totally engrossed in the performance. Brilliant!

pics of them demoing their routine:

http://www.jivin.co.uk/abba42.html
http://www.jivin.co.uk/abba43.html

My memories of their routine was enhanced by Ash making his dramatic entrance, and some wit saying to the organiser: "Dave, your mum's here"