PDA

View Full Version : Do you know Clive Long or Les Snell?

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 04:26 PM
I have been struck over recent weeks by the fact that I have yet to meet anyone who does not know Clive Long or Les Snell. Clive is of course a prolific poster so it's perhaps understandable that he's well known. Les professes not be on the forum but I suspect he is masquerading as dark horse or some other nom de plume. Anyhow, I'm mildly intrigued as to whether there is anyone who doesn't know these guys and, given the increasing size of their egos as their popularity blossoms, who is the more well known. So I'm putting it to the people.

LMC
15th-March-2006, 04:31 PM
And the point is?

BTW, Les is on the forum, evilly hiding under the user name Les Snell, but has never posted.

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 04:35 PM
And the point is?

BTW, Les is on the forum, evilly hiding under the user name Les Snell, but has never posted.

Hello LMC. I wasn't aware that any of this had a point!

stewart38
15th-March-2006, 04:45 PM
I have been struck over recent weeks by the fact that I have yet to meet anyone who does not know Clive Long or Les Snell. Clive is of course a prolific poster so it's perhaps understandable that he's well known. Les professes not be on the forum but I suspect he is masquerading as dark horse or some other nom de plume. Anyhow, I'm mildly intrigued as to whether there is anyone who doesn't know these guys and, given the increasing size of their egos as their popularity blossoms, who is the more well known. So I'm putting it to the people.

Never heard of Les Snell and Clive Long is hardly a prolific poster now days :sick:

ps my grandmothers aunt in South West Australia near the town of Papaptatoe tells me she has never heard of Clive Long, unless he happens to be the ceroc dancer people talk about ?

Freddie_C
15th-March-2006, 04:45 PM
Isn't this just a way to increase your posting amount? :wink:

fletch
15th-March-2006, 04:57 PM
Iv just spoken to Les and told him of his popularity :D Les very kindly allowed me all the gang including 'old Bill' to crash at his new years day after we had to vacate our hotel before we went to 'ice,' he is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.:hug:
Both Clive andf Les are FAB dancers and really nice people :worthy:

:flower:

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 05:02 PM
Iv just spoken to Les and told him of his popularity :D Les very kindly allowed me all the gang including 'old Bill' to crash at his new years day after we had to vacate our hotel before we went to 'ice,' he is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.:hug:
Both Clive andf Les are FAB dancers and really nice people :worthy:

:flower:

I can't vouch for the dancing, but they are both lovely, very funny guys (which is a good thing in view of the weekenders where I've shared with them).

Donna
15th-March-2006, 05:03 PM
I've only met Clive once when he came up to Chester...but don't know Les Snell.

Cruella
15th-March-2006, 05:08 PM
Clive is one of the few true gents on the forum. :whistle: As for Les Snell, SD you keep telling me i must know him but still don't have a clue who your talking about. Perhaps you should post a picture!

fletch
15th-March-2006, 05:11 PM
Clive is one of the few true gents on the forum. :whistle: As for Les Snell, SD you keep telling me i must know him but still don't have a clue who your talking about. Perhaps you should post a picture!
There are some of Les from the Aftermath of New Year i'll have a look but not sure how to direct you?

He was with us when we went to the pub

:cheers:

Northants Girly
15th-March-2006, 05:15 PM
Clive is one of the few true gents on the forum. :whistle: As for Les Snell, SD you keep telling me i must know him but still don't have a clue who your talking about. Perhaps you should post a picture!Look to the right of ESG here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4414&d=1140388928)

think its him . . . . .

fletch
15th-March-2006, 05:16 PM
There is one with WB its on the first post in social events - Ealing new years eve ball and the aftermath :flower:

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 05:18 PM
Look to the right of ESG here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4414&d=1140388928)

think its him . . . . .

Yeah, that's our man in action with Miss Conduct at Daventry.

stewart38
15th-March-2006, 05:30 PM
There are some of Les from the Aftermath of New Year i'll have a look but not sure how to direct you?

He was with us when we went to the pub

:cheers:

I was there !

Is Les a guy everyone thinks they dont know but they do know ?

fletch
15th-March-2006, 05:32 PM
the question is ...................... what is he doing with WB up the pillar in the pub,:wink:

i'm to shy I can't look:innocent:

:rofl:

Cruella
15th-March-2006, 05:42 PM
I know who you mean now. I only met him for the first time at ICE. But have seen him around alot since then, in fact i think he's stalking me.:D

Clive Long
15th-March-2006, 05:57 PM
I know who you mean now. I only met him for the first time at ICE. But have seen him around alot since then, in fact i think he's stalking me.:D
Strange thing is, Les says you are stalking him. Spooky (cue X-files music).

Clive Long, a dancer barely alive. Constructed to make Les Snell look a half-decent dancer.

Your wife
15th-March-2006, 06:04 PM
Les is one of my favouritist dancers ever! I was having an extremely dodgy night at Fulham last week, but luckily I got Les for the last song and it saved the evening! Les is a legend. The Legend that is Les is also known as Les Bean, Lesbe Friends, Les Miserables, The Planet Lesbos and The Greek Island of Lesbos. I've a picture if anyones interested, unfortunately he's fully clothed but never mind. Respect Les!:respect:

Dont know Clive Long, is Les winning now?

fletch
15th-March-2006, 06:16 PM
Les is one of my favouritist dancers ever! Respect Les!:respect:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 06:21 PM
Where does this Les dance? Any videos I can watch?

Lynn
15th-March-2006, 06:25 PM
Haven't to my knowledge met Les, someone please introduce sometime so I can have a dance please? :flower:
Have met and danced with Clive. :drool:

Icey
15th-March-2006, 06:25 PM
Look to the right of ESG here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4414&d=1140388928)

think its him . . . . .
Oh. That Les! Yeah I know him and Clive too.

Frankie_4711
15th-March-2006, 07:16 PM
Well I've only been here a week, but I've seen Clive's name around - even seen some of his posts, but never heard of Les (I've assumed 'know' in an on-line way rather than a face-to-face way)

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 07:33 PM
Never heard of either of them in my life :innocent:

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 08:20 PM
We are witnessing a true miracle. As I type, Mr Les Snell is live on the forum for the first time ever. I think it's time for some special PMs in appreciation.:respect: :respect: :respect:

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 08:22 PM
Nah will just give him a filthy phone call later, he will appreciate that more :rofl:

OOppps forgot I didn't know him for a second then

Les Snell
15th-March-2006, 08:28 PM
ThESe daRned FangLed cOMpuTers!

Never posted anything to stay lying low, yes that worked well!

Any publicity etc.

The secret is look for the worst dancer on the floor and dance next to them, thanks Clive.

Andreas
15th-March-2006, 08:31 PM

think its him . . . . .
ES who? :yum:

Les Snell
15th-March-2006, 08:31 PM
Nah will just give him a filthy phone call later, he will appreciate that more :rofl:

OOppps forgot I didn't know him for a second then

Thanks Witty, just squeezing into my Gimp suit.

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 08:32 PM
The secret is look for the worst dancer on the floor and dance next to them, thanks Clive.

I have never seen you actively go looking for Clive before :innocent:

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks Witty, just squeezing into my Gimp suit.

Take a picture then :eek: You not shooting any 'films' tonight then? :rofl:

Les Snell
15th-March-2006, 08:36 PM
Haven't to my knowledge met Les, someone please introduce sometime so I can have a dance please? :flower:
Have met and danced with Clive. :drool:

I'm afraid thats not me Lynn, but I will ask after you for a boogie.

Les Snell
15th-March-2006, 08:49 PM
I have never seen you actively go looking for Clive before :innocent:

Truth is Witty when I'm dancing with you there's nobody else in the room. x

under par
15th-March-2006, 08:53 PM
Les Snell a bit like buses and policemen..... you don't see or hear one for months(registered in Aug 2005) and then 4 posts in 21 minutes.......:worthy:

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 09:07 PM
Truth is Witty when I'm dancing with you there's nobody else in the room. x

Now that is understandable :rofl:

Minnie M
15th-March-2006, 09:10 PM
.....Perhaps you should post a picture!
:yeah: not danced with him - but recognise him now - seems a very shy sort of guy :flower:

Clive Long - top gent :respect:

fletch
16th-March-2006, 11:10 AM
Where does this Les dance? Any videos I can watch?
Donna Les and Clive dance down south, London way, you will have to start coming down, the journey no so bad, you get used to it :really: and its worth it just to dance with people like Les and Clive.:respect: :worthy:

I'll let you have a private showing of the vidio's :whistle: :wink:

:hug:

Andy McGregor
16th-March-2006, 06:03 PM
ThESe daRned FangLed cOMpuTers!

Never posted anything to stay lying low, yes that worked well!

Any publicity etc.

The secret is look for the worst dancer on the floor and dance next to them, thanks Clive.Ahh, now we know who you are - you're that guy who's always dancing near me. And I thought you fancied me :tears:

Andy McGregor
16th-March-2006, 06:05 PM
Truth is Witty when I'm dancing with you there's nobody else in the room. xYou probably mean that there's nobody prettier or nicer or sexier ...

fletch
16th-March-2006, 06:39 PM
You probably mean that there's nobody prettier or nicer or sexier ...
You big creep Andy:rofl:

She still won't lend you her fish nets:whistle: :D

WittyBird
16th-March-2006, 07:15 PM
You probably mean that there's nobody prettier or nicer or sexier ...

Bless you :awe: Now if only I thought you meant that :yum: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
16th-March-2006, 07:49 PM
Bless you :awe: Now if only I thought you meant that :yum: :rofl:And what makes you think I don't mean it?:whistle:

WittyBird
17th-March-2006, 01:02 AM
And what makes you think I don't mean it?:whistle:

Errr maybe something to do with the err :whistle:

Andy McGregor
17th-March-2006, 02:01 AM
Errr maybe something to do with the err :whistle:
That would be the imaginary "err"?

Spin dryer
17th-March-2006, 02:09 AM
I know that Clive and Les are most appreciative of all the kind comments that have been posted. Although Clive has more votes, I think they are in reality on level pegging in the popularity stakes (taking into account Clive's permanent presence on the forum).

For all his adoring fans, Les will be at Hammersmith on Saturday 18th March. Clive will be at Slinkys in Greenwich on the 19th. What a weekend it's going to be.

Zebra Woman
17th-March-2006, 01:43 PM
I know that Clive and Les are most appreciative of all the kind comments that have been posted. Although Clive has more votes, I think they are in reality on level pegging in the popularity stakes (taking into account Clive's permanent presence on the forum).

For all his adoring fans, Les will be at Hammersmith on Saturday 18th March. Clive will be at Slinkys in Greenwich on the 19th. What a weekend it's going to be.

Excellent news.

I don't know Les but I will try and have a dance with him at Hammersmith, then on Monday I will vote that I admire both Clive and Les. I'm assuming Les will be behaving admirably on Saturday.
:D

ZW