PDA

View Full Version : Now you can judge Blackpool

Will
5th-March-2003, 04:50 PM
Everyone has an opinion, but many are shy to share. Were the judges right? Do you agree with the results?

Well I have the solution - A simple poll allowing everyone to vote anonymously for who should have won the advanced. It will be interesting to see if our 1,2,3 matches the judges 1,2,3.

Apologies for not including all the finalists in the poll but I can't remember them all. Please feel free to tell me to add others if you know them.

Will
5th-March-2003, 05:11 PM
Well it's early doors, but at the moment the green duck has taken an early lead.

Dave Hancock
5th-March-2003, 05:23 PM
Should there not be an option for others, it seems to me that you only show the finalists, but it may be the opinion of some (myself included) that some who didn't qualify for the final possibly were as good if not better than those who won, I would certainly take this option and as such haven't voted. Perhaps you could update the options??

Dance Demon
5th-March-2003, 07:52 PM
Quite hard to vote on this one coz I can't put faces to the names. However there was a couple who didn't make it to the final that impressed me. Don't know their names or where they are from, but the girl had shortish blonde hair and wore a short white dress in the heat, and the guy had short black hair. I saw them at the tea Dance on Sunday and they were having a great time dancing ballroom stuff.Thought they danced very well together without being too flash.
:cheers:

Will
5th-March-2003, 08:03 PM
The girl was Donna Van-Roose, not sure who her partner was though.

Will
6th-March-2003, 02:52 PM
Thought this thread could do with a 'bump' as quite a few votes have been cast now, but no-one has been posting to identify their votes - which is fair enough.

The interesting thing at the moment is that 2 of the joint-leaders didn't even place.

1. Jennie & Simon - I think this could make an interesting discussion point as dancing was clearly quite different to everyone else in the final. Did this help them or hinder them?Comments???
(N.B. they finished last in the final according to the scores on the official website)

2. Other non-finalists. I understand if people wish to remain anonymous, but it would be great if we could somehow find out which particular couples the voters had in mind here - then we could discuss them too.

John S
6th-March-2003, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, I worry about this thread (and I know Peter L is the Chief Worrier, but sometimes I help him out!!)

Fair enough for people to identify themselves and post their views on what they saw and how they saw it, but to have a poll where people (who may not even have seen the event) can anonymously post votes does bring into question the validity of the results and the motivation of those who posted them (and I'm not drawing any conclusions about anyone who has posted - just that there has to be a question if the vote is unattributable!)

As has been said lots of times elsewhere, judging is so difficult and thankless a task that it's quite a surprise that Ceroc, C2D etc get people willing to do it, and I don't think this poll helps.

So mark me down as "Abstained"!!!!!
:wink:

Rachel
6th-March-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Will
1. Jennie & Simon - I think this could make an interesting discussion point as dancing was clearly quite different to everyone else in the final. Did this help them or hinder them?Comments???
(N.B. they finished last in the final according to the scores on the official website) A very quick reply for now, cos work's still frantic - but I thought both Lily/James and Jennie/Simon were absolutely amazing, inspiring, different, innovative, fun ... No other couples came close to either of them, in my opinion, and I'd placed them first and second. I have absolutely no argument with Lily coming first, but can't understand why Jennie and Simon weren't placed at all. The only conclusion I reached on the day was that they'd been disqualified for some reason. Very confused... ?????
Don't know their names or where they are from, but the girl had shortish blonde hair and wore a short white dress in the heat, and the guy had short black hair. I saw them at the tea Dance on Sunday and they were having a great time dancing ballroom stuff.Thought they danced very well together without being too flash. Yes, that was Donna, with her Australian boyfriend Pete, or Paul, or something. Personally I think Donna could have done a lot better than she did there - yes, they were dancing very nicely, but it was hardly anything spectacular to make them stand out, which I've no doubt she is capable of.

Oh, and I know I shouldn't really post this on the wrong thread, but I just have to agree that Blackpool was amazing, and it was fantastic to meet so many of the Scottish crowd. I was even lucky enough to have some wonderful dances with Bill (who I had to run across the floor to get hold of - very undignified, but worth it!), and with Sherwin, Dreadful Scathe, Steven, oh God, sorry, I forget the name, who was it who had their hand strapped up? (And John S - where did you disappear to? I was hoping for a dance with you as well.)

And the Scottish girls looked amazing in the competitions (have to say Mel and Heather in the double trouble certainly got my boyfriend's heart racing)! And It was lovely to finally meet Emma, too. A wonderful weekend all round. And I didn't even panic in the TAC. Ok, I didn't get past the first round but, yes, you were all right, it really WAS fun.
Rachel

Gus
6th-March-2003, 04:02 PM
1. Jennie & Simon - I think this could make an interesting discussion point as dancing was clearly quite different to everyone else in the final. Did this help them or hinder them?Comments??? Without doing what I promised I wouldn't do (and start questioning decsions) this is one of the main results which convinced me I know nothing about judging. Myself and a couple of other teachers were convinced that the real battle for 1st place was between C&J and J&S ... just shows how much we know:tears:

YES ... I know Lilli was awesome .... (before I get flamed .... again)

Will
6th-March-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by John S
Hmmm, I worry about this thread (and I know Peter L is the Chief Worrier, but sometimes I help him out!!)

Fair enough for people to identify themselves and post their views on what they saw and how they saw it, but to have a poll where people (who may not even have seen the event) can anonymously post votes does bring into question the validity of the results and the motivation of those who posted them :wink: Validity?

Keith Harris and Orville the Duck have over 11% of the vote, and you are worried about validity???

I don't think the judges are going to lose too much sleep over this somehow.

Will

P.S. It's a good job that Orville can't fly or he might have been disqualified for doing Airsteps.
P.P.S. Are travelling triple steps considered airsteps?

John S
6th-March-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
(And John S - where did you disappear to? I was hoping for a dance with you as well.)

So sorry, Rachel - last time I saw you was when you were dancing with Steven, and I reckoned that my age just couldn't compete with his youthful vigour! Next time, for sure - great to meet you.
:kiss:

filthycute
6th-March-2003, 06:03 PM
And the Scottish girls looked amazing in the competitions (have to say Mel and Heather in the double trouble certainly got my boyfriend's heart racing)! And It was lovely to finally meet Emma, too. A wonderful weekend all round. And I didn't even panic in the TAC. Ok, I didn't get past the first round but, yes, you were all right, it really WAS fun.
Rachel

Hiya Rachel, I didn't get a chance to meet you at the weekend but did finally manage to get a dance with your B/f. Had seen him dancing last year in London...thought he looked fantastic....and i wasn't dissapointed, he WAS fantastic. I told him where we all were so you could come over, and i think i saw you over our way on the Saturday...unfortunately missed the chance to say hi.
Hopefully see you both up for the Scottish comp :D

filthycute x x

Rachel
6th-March-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by John S
So sorry, Rachel - last time I saw you was when you were dancing with Steven, and I reckoned that my age just couldn't compete with his youthful vigour! Next time, for sure - great to meet you.
:kiss: Oh but John, I'm sure you could! Yes, - next time!!

Rachel
6th-March-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
Hiya Rachel, I didn't get a chance to meet you at the weekend but did finally manage to get a dance with your B/f. Had seen him dancing last year in London...thought he looked fantastic....and i wasn't dissapointed, he WAS fantastic. I told him where we all were so you could come over, and i think i saw you over our way on the Saturday...unfortunately missed the chance to say hi.
Hopefully see you both up for the Scottish comp :D

filthycute x x Thank you for those lovely things you were saying about Marc - I'll pass on the compliments! Your dancing looked great, too - many congratulations on your results!!!

I'm beginning to realise now just how many people I didn't manage to catch up with at the weekend. Will was someone else who was pointed out to me but I never got to meet. Still, there will definitely be other occasions. Are you coming to London in May - Marc and I will definitely be there. Oh, and Janet can't wait to see you there as well.
Rachel

Will
6th-March-2003, 06:25 PM
Will was someone else who was pointed out to me but I never got to meet. Still, there will definitely be other occasions.

Indeed there will. Gutted that I didn't meet you on the day. What were you wearing?

Anyway, see you at Hammersmith :wink:

Will

Rachel
6th-March-2003, 06:29 PM
Indeed there will. Gutted that I didn't meet you on the day. What were you wearing?

Anyway, see you at Hammersmith :wink:

Will I was wearing a, um, very 'picnic down the park on a Sunday' type floral dress (greenish colour) during the day and a knee-length black halterneck dress in the evening. I'll look out for you in May - R x.

DavidB
6th-March-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Myself and a couple of other teachers were convinced that the real battle for 1st place was between C&J and J&S ... just shows how much we knowI spoke to a few people who were surprised that Jennie & Simon didn't place. I also spoke to several others who were surprised they made it into the final.

I only saw a bit of them in the first round, and thought as soon as I heard the music (ie latin) that they would get through.

I can't really say anything else until I see the video - I was only watching one couple after that.

David

Mike
6th-March-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Without doing what I promised I wouldn't do (and start questioning decsions) this is one of the main results which convinced me I know nothing about judging. Myself and a couple of other teachers were convinced that the real battle for 1st place was between C&J and J&S ... just shows how much we know:tears:

YES ... I know Lilli was awesome .... (before I get flamed .... again)

In my calculations C&J have placed 1st or 2nd in BPool/Ceroc in the last 3 years. In my opinion they were the best again this year but were beaten by new/deferent rather than better. & Yes Lily was Brill

Will
7th-March-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
I spoke to a few people who were surprised that Jennie & Simon didn't place. I also spoke to several others who were surprised they made it into the final.

Funny you should say that David. I've also come across very polarized views on this couple.

I certainly think that they were very eye catching. I've got a couple of possible theories which I have no idea if they are true.

One was that they might have actually been Penalized / Disqualified for alot of choreographed moves that weren't 'lead' in the strictest sense of the word. (i.e. seemed to me that there were alot of moves that were in there spotlight routine that also appeared in their freestyle.) Perhaps that was interpretted as not enough modern jive??? who knows?

The other theory is that they might have been Penalized / Disqualified for some form of Airstep that I missed.

Whatever, I'm no expert and I could be completely wrong about both of these ideas. Please don't flame me. :sorry

DQN
7th-March-2003, 11:10 AM
I like the theory about choreographed moves! The first eight beats were thought about but the rest of the dance I beleive was freestyle (as you see from the mistakes and laughter):innocent: .

DavidB how do you Know so much about Jennie Slade and Simon Bowker?

xxx

Will
7th-March-2003, 11:26 AM
Come on DQN....

You ARE said Miss Jennie Slade ain't ya! Come on deny it then :wink:

Well danced by the way. You guys turned a lot of heads and impressed alot of people. Nice one :nice:

Will

Gus
7th-March-2003, 12:31 PM
One was that they might have actually been Penalized / Disqualified for alot of choreographed moves that weren't 'lead' in the strictest sense of the word. (i.e. seemed to me that there were alot of moves that were in there spotlight routine that also appeared in their freestyle.) Perhaps that was interpretted as not enough modern jive??? who knows?If that was the case then most of the competitors should also have been penalised! Reviewing last years vid there was some blatent choreography and this year was no different ..... so much for 'lead and follow'. (OK ... ODA view only of course :wink: )

DQN
7th-March-2003, 12:44 PM
:devil: Busted! That was the plan:wink: . So what do Simon and I(new kids on the block) have to do to knock the regulars of there spots (same old, same old)? :devil:

Debster, you danced great!

Will, where do you dance and how do you Know Simon and I?

DavidB
7th-March-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DQN
DavidB how do you Know so much about Jennie Slade and Simon Bowker?Hi Jennie. Thanks for the dance on Wednesday.

I know nothing about Simon. All I know about you is that you did well in the Bristol competition, wore a blue dress at Blackpool, appear to have had some latin/ballroom training, and are very nice to dance with. I only found out your name on Saturday when someone asked me 'Have you danced with Jennie yet?'

In the first round you struck me as a couple who danced well together, especially with the latin music, and were enjoying yourselves. I honestly didn't get to watch you in the semi or the final. I found it strange you did seem to attract such polarised views - that is usually reserved for people with really extreme styles.

As for how to win there are only two ways - you either do what everyone else does, but much better, or you do something different. (The problem with 'different' is that you can never tell what the judges have seen before, or how they are going to react.)

BTW Some of the regulars aren't - James & Lily had been dancing together for 3 weeks.

David

TheTramp
7th-March-2003, 01:22 PM
Hiya Jennie....

So then. What does DQN stand for??

Missed a dance with you last weekend :(

Steve

Harry
7th-March-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi jenni
You were most certainly my favourite couple,and dont think you have to do anything more than you already do .Why you were marked down remains a mystery but im sure its only a matter of time before you do get there when maybe they see you doing something abit different and commend you for it.All I would say is watch this space!!!and carry on burning the floor.Well done to both of you
x

DQN
8th-March-2003, 06:58 PM
:nice: Cheers chick, we were in the same rounds but the feed back from our side was you looked great and should of gone through, and your spot light was great, alot of thought ( and guts to entertain on your own for a section ). And great black tassley top!:wink:

DQN
8th-March-2003, 07:01 PM
:wink: Keep guessing! Was looking for someone to through me in the air!:wink:

TheTramp
9th-March-2003, 05:52 AM
Keep guessing!Ummm. I give up....

Was looking for someone to through me in the air!Does this have anything to do with anything related to dancing at all?? :wink:

Steve

Graham W
11th-March-2003, 01:14 AM
..agree with u DB about having to do be much better than the others to win.. I did wonder whether the youth of J & S threatened the status quo of jive in general a tad.. !?

PS - did anyone else notice the double entrant in Lucky Dip? I'm keeping stmmm (it wasnt me)

Bye for now..:-)

Debster
11th-March-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DQN
:devil: Busted! That was the plan:wink: . So what do Simon and I(new kids on the block) have to do to knock the regulars of there spots (same old, same old)? :devil:

Debster, you danced great!

Will, where do you dance and how do you Know Simon and I? Wow, such a wonderful compliment from someone so talented and well admired - Thanks! :)

So come on Will, fess up, where do you know this spectacular couple from?

And take it easy on the choreography snobbery everybody. I personally prefer just lead and follow for the fun factor, it generally gives me lots of room to improvise, but when you have done a showcase routine or practised the spots off a really great move you want to use it in lots of your dancing!

When does a move become a choreographed piece? How long does a sequence have to be before you consider it not just a 'move' that might be taught in a Ceroc lesson and slotted into 'freestyle'. I think it is fine to string a bunch of stuff together as long as when you plan to use it it fits with the music being played. That's where Latin ballroom often loses the plot I think. But that's a different discussion.

Easter Bunny
11th-March-2003, 12:03 PM
Hello Harry,
Without a shadow of a doubt you should have been placed in the TAC section - you looked like you had been dancing with your partner (who was very slick and stylish by the way!) for years.

You are always a pleasure to watch and seem able to adapt your style to match your partner - whatever their style.

Your showcase was excellent and displayed your wide range of dancing capabilities.

Judges must eventually recognise what a fantastic dancer you are one day and give you what you deserve.

Regards:kiss:

Easter Bunny
11th-March-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi Jennie & Simon,

You definately deserved to get placed (at least) for the Advanced. Most people I spoke to thought you had won it. The only reason I could think that you didn't was possibly not enough basic jive in your freestyle. But nevertheless, there was some pretty showstopping and innovative stuff shown and the crowd want to be entertained, and they certainly were by you both.

The heading in the tabloids the next day should have read "Jennie & Simon was Robbed"..... that's not to say the winners were not all fantastic, the standard is incredible, but it would be nice to see someone else have a bite of the cherry.

I am sure you won't, but don't give up, you will get there in the end, look how far you have come in such a short time, you are both naturals.

regards, :)

Rachel
11th-March-2003, 02:21 PM
Every time I look at this poll I'm disappointed to see that James and Lily only have 2 votes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks they looked absolutely amazing and thoroughly deserved their win.

Although I then start thinking that, because they did win, people are probably wishing to support the underdogs in this case - as I was - and are chosing other couples who might well have deserved a placing. Am I right here? I.e. it's not that James and Lily aren't among our favourite couples?

I admit that I actually voted for Jennie and Simon on this poll, too, just because I was so shocked that they didn't get placed at all, although I tried several times to vote for two couples - James and Lily also - but it just wouldn't let me! So in the end, I chose the couple who I thought didn't get the credit they'd deserved.

(I didn't really see much of Janine and Clayton in the Advanced final as they were furthest away from me. But I did think their Spotlight was incredible and it's going to be one of the first things I'll be looking to watch again when I get the Blackpool video.)

Rachel

Dreadful Scathe
11th-March-2003, 03:39 PM
James and Lily were noticably better than everyone else in my (and others) opinions. Fairly clear cut decision i thought :)

DavidB
11th-March-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Easter Bunny
Hello Harry ...Your showcase was excellent and displayed your wide range of dancing capabilities.Can someone please tell me what Harry was wearing, or what their routine was like. I have problems with names at the best of times.

David

John23
11th-March-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
James and Lily were noticably better than everyone else in my (and others) opinions. Fairly clear cut decision i thought :) Don’t usually comment but I’m biting.

WOW DS, you must be a very good judge to see a (noticeably better/clear cut) difference between the top two couples. As from the judges results, there was a dead heat for first, & as I hear it, J&L winning in a long discussion by the judges….who knows why?? All credit to J&L but it was very very close.

In my opinion Lilly was noticeably the best female on the floor & C&J noticeably the better couple on the floor. I’m going to wait for the video before I make a bold decision like you made. For argument sake...the opinions of some notable modernjivers. …regularly talked about on this forum tended to sway towards C&J.

Would love to see a rematch with Jennie & Simon included….Is this going to happen at the Ceroc Comp?????

John

Will
11th-March-2003, 04:31 PM
Following on from what DS and Rachel have said, I should point out that this poll is in no way scientific, and it was probably a mistake for me to refer to it as "Judging Blackpool". I'm sure that there is a strong element of truth in what Rachel said.

It was supposed to be light-hearted, otherwise I wouldn't have voted for Keith & Orville. :grin:

I don't think I'll be posting another poll like this in May :sorry

Easter Bunny
11th-March-2003, 04:39 PM
Hi David B,
For her showcase Harry was wearing a white halterneck isometric hemline dress and danced a small part of the showcase centre stage on her own - latin style. (Sherif was wearing a yellow suit)

I was not knocking Lili and Partner in any way, she is a fantastic dancer and deserved to win, but I did think Jennie and Simon would have been placed.

Rachel
11th-March-2003, 04:58 PM
I don't think I'll be posting another poll like this in May :sorry No, please do - it's really interesting. You're right, no-one should take it too seriously, but it's fascinating to hear other people's opinions. Spectators' views on their preferred couple/group will always be part of competitions - if we weren't interested in who won and why, we probably wouldn't have been watching in the first place.

I just hope that Jennie and Simon won't change their dancing according to what they think future judges might be looking for. If I had a choice, I'd prefer to be able to dance like they did, even if it meant not winning any competitions ....
R.

Graham W
11th-March-2003, 05:49 PM
..J & S did win a comp. - SouthWest Challenge ..(not Sherif's but local to SWales/ Bristol..

Graham :confused: :confused:

DQN
11th-March-2003, 07:50 PM
:o Whoops, Someone to throw me through the air! (love airsteps)

LilyB
12th-March-2003, 12:05 AM
Having followed intently all the Blackpool discussions these past 11 days, I feel I really must say thanks to DS, Rachel, Gus and Mike for their very kind words. I'm sure James would add his thanks too.

I feel that I need to say the following: James and I were extremely fortunate to have won our category. We had only been dancing together less than 3 weeks before the competition. Prior to that, we had hardly ever danced together. It must have been a touch of momentary madness that made us decide to enter!:sick: Possibly because of that, we didn't have too many "choreographed" moves as we didn't have time to learn them! We decided instead to go for the "spontaneous" look, and try to play off each other. I do admit, however, that we threw in a couple of "tricks", purely for entertainment value.

However, the bottom line was, we got lucky. We were lucky in the selection of music for all our heats/rounds. If we had been given the "challenging" track played in the very first heat of the first round, we might well not have made it beyond that round! We were also fortunate in that when the judges were looking at us, we managed not to ****-up. We were also very lucky that we managed to get through all 3 rounds without tripping each other up, or knocking each other over or staring blankly at each other as we try to figure out what the other is trying to do!:sorry :tears: Believe me, that happens a lot!

We do not, on the basis of our win, consider ourselves better dancers than anyone else; not C&J, nor J&S, nor G&S, etc. It just so happened that on the day of the competition our luck was in (knew I should have bought the lottery for that evening! :wink: ). I honestly was gob-smacked when they announced us as the winners; it was so unexpected.

Now we all know that lady luck seldom bestows her favour more than once, hence James and I will not be competing again (as a couple). We did so purely for fun and a bit of a laugh. We got both that, and a whole lot more than we ever expected. We had a terrific time in Blackpool and really appreciated the support of the people who cheered for us. We met lots of friends from afar, had loads of dances with all our favourite people - apologies to those I missed out due to being near death by the end of the day:sick: Did manage one and a half dance with Bill (needed to remind myself why he is BTC :drool: ) and also with the very charming DS. Gus - I will get you one of these days .........:devil:

If nothing else, I would consider my exploits in Blackpool a success if from now on, more men asked me to dance!!!!!!!:D

LilyB

TheTramp
12th-March-2003, 01:35 AM
Whoops, Someone to throw me through the air! (love airsteps)Well. I'll have a go Jennie....

I'm not very good at them though. Being a 7 stone weakling, as well as being a beginner :D

Steve

Divissima
12th-March-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by LilyB

Now we all know that lady luck seldom bestows her favour more than once, hence James and I will not be competing again (as a couple). LilyB

:confused: :( :sad:

What a shame, Lily - I was already looking forward to seeing you as a couple at the Ceroc Champs! It was inspiring stuff in Blackpool - and watching you and James practice at Kent House... It certainly helped me and Toby lift our game :nice:

Lou
12th-March-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Harry
Hi jenni
You were most certainly my favourite couple,and dont think you have to do anything more than you already do .
Heya Harry - It's good to see someone else from our specific neck of the woods on here! :wink:

I ordered my ticket for Nigel & Nina on Monday & as I say, I'm looking forward to seeing the showcase afterwards! :grin:

Hope you'll stay & post some more on here. :nice:

Easter Bunny
12th-March-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi Graham,

Sorry I had forgotten about their win at the Elmgrove (was it?) -
probably cos its not so high profile as other nationals.......:sorry

Easter Bunny
12th-March-2003, 12:08 PM
WOW.... practising just 3 weeks together!!! I think I will give up now.... that's probably less than some 'Dance with a Stranger' competitors have. (Sometimes the 'lucky dip' has been extremely lucky for some, so to speak).

This only goes to prove what amazing dancers you and James are - so be proud. Looking forward to seeing you compete next with whoever / whenever. :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-March-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

I'm not very good at them though. Being a 7 stone weaklinge

er..which part of you weighs 7 stone ? :)

Graham
12th-March-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
er..which part of you weighs 7 stone ? :)

All of him weighs 7 stone. It's just that it also weighs 8 stone, 9 stone, 10 stone,.........:wink:

Clayton
12th-March-2003, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LilyB
[B]

However, the bottom line was, we got lucky. We were lucky in the selection of music for all our heats/rounds.

Lily/James

“You got lucky”….No chance!! You 2 are the most stylish & knowledgeable dancers I know. I personally have no doubt you guys won on the day & convincingly so. Somehow I’m glad you will not be competing together again.

Catch up soon

Clayton

TheTramp
12th-March-2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah.

What Clayton said.

Except that I'm sorry that you won't be competing again. It would have been good to have another chance to watch you at the ceroc Open.

Since I know that we're not in with a shout of winning, it'd be nice to be beaten by the best :D

Steve

(Although, I have to admit that I voted for Orville. Gotta love the duck!!) :what:

Will
12th-March-2003, 03:56 PM
(Although, I have to admit that I voted for Orville. Gotta love the duck!!) :what:

Well that's at least 2 votes that the Duck stole from you then. It was the green feathers and the nappy that swung it for me. :wink:

Bill
13th-March-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
Did manage one and a half dance with Bill (needed to remind myself why he is BTC :drool: ) and also with the very charming DS. Gus - I will get you one of these days .........:devil:

If nothing else, I would consider my exploits in Blackpool a success if from now on, more men asked me to dance!!!!!!!:D

LilyB

And believe me it was very much my pleasure.........as usual :D :wink:

I had a great time in Blackpool as well and it was great to watch you dance with James ( being eliminated in the first round- as expected - gave Fran and me plenty of time to watch !!:rolleyes: ).

Pity the two of you aren't competing in London.........then again if C& J, and Steve, and all the other usual 'suspects' don't enter it means Fran and I might get to the second round. So Tramp........can you 'fix' it for us please ????? :na: :wink: ...You see all the other good dancers so a minor injury or two plus a decision not to enter yourself might help. Then again we have the likes of young Elliot and the 'new' gang emerging...... wonder if London will do a 'seniors' comp........

Anyway, I have a feeling that this might be my last visit to the Ceroc champs so I hope I enjoy it.......or at least get to see some of it !:what: :sick:

Hope to see you when I get to London in April Lily...we're down for about 3 days so hope to see some well know faces and would love a few dances.

Chicklet
13th-March-2003, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

Anyway, I have a feeling that this might be my last visit to the Ceroc champs so I hope I enjoy it.......or at least get to see some of it !:what: :sick:

Insert new bird whom you have never met asking personal question.

Why last visit??:confused:

(will not be offended by MYOB for an answer!!)

Bill
13th-March-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

Insert new bird whom you have never met asking personal question.

Why last visit??:confused:

(will not be offended by MYOB for an answer!!)

Well..............mainly because the Blackpool event is now so much better and such a better venue really and added to the fact that I still don't really enjoy competing and get far too stressed :rolleyes:

London is far too crowded and very little room till almost the end to have any enjoyable dances and extremely difficult to get a decent view of the competition itself.

It's also much easier to get to Blackpool and I think the standard is higher. The only reason I'm going this year is to see who is competing in the Open section. But you never know, maybe this year will just be great fun :rolleyes: :nice:

Maybe I'll take a break for competing and come back in a couple of years to challenge Hazel and John inthe seniors event at Blackpool:na: :D

Chicklet
13th-March-2003, 12:04 PM
thank you for kind explanation, which is a great relief.

came over a cold sweat imagining maybe you were retiring to take up philately......which you mustn't do for at least the two years it will take me to get to a minimum dance standard and pluck up the courage to ask for a burl roon a flair.

Now tell me this - do the red trousers that I've seen and the red shoes that I'm sure I've read about ever come out at the same time?:D

TheTramp
13th-March-2003, 12:57 PM
Pity the two of you aren't competing in London.........then again if C& J, and Steve, and all the other usual 'suspects' don't enter it means Fran and I might get to the second round. So Tramp........can you 'fix' it for us please ?????No problem Bill.

Clayton & Janine, Graham & Sarah, Sharif & Jenny, and dare I say myself and Laili (and probably others) won't be entering the advanced section (mainly cos we're not eligible).

Any other wishes that you want me to fix. Can you keep them that easy though please!

As for injuries, the less said about that at the moment, the better :(

Steve

Fran
14th-March-2003, 11:37 PM

As for injuries, the less said about that at the moment, the better :(

Steve

oh dear - hope your body is not too badly injured!!!

fran:wink:

Wendy
15th-March-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bill

Maybe I'll.....come back in a couple of years to challenge Hazel and John in the seniors event at Blackpool:na: :D

Assuming I will reach 50 way before Fran.... ready to start practising when you are :wink:

I'm also ready to be a judge in the BTC category :drool: (I'll leave Jayne and chums to come up with ideas on how that would work
:wink: )

Wx