PDA

View Full Version : VPL: good or bad?

El Salsero Gringo
14th-March-2006, 10:33 PM
Inspired by this post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=212797&postcount=2), I thought we should have a poll on this most important of topics.

LMC
14th-March-2006, 10:38 PM
Never been to Canada, so no idea.

Cruella
14th-March-2006, 10:42 PM
Never been to Canada, so no idea.
Maybe i'm daft, but HUH :confused:

WittyBird
14th-March-2006, 10:53 PM
you should buy the hipsters ones that are indeed tiny and don't rise above 'trouser' level :D

Andreas
14th-March-2006, 11:19 PM
Maybe i'm daft, but HUH :confused:
Google is your friend :rofl:

As for my opinion on that topic. I think it can look pretty sexy but in other cases also pretty off-putting. So to avoid the latter I'd probably rather deprive myself of the first than take the risk :D

Dizzy
15th-March-2006, 01:00 AM
you should buy the hipsters ones that are indeed tiny and don't rise above 'trouser' level :D

Says she who wears trousers too big for her :rolleyes: :whistle:

under par
15th-March-2006, 01:16 AM
Now! now! girls no fashion spats on this thread.

Its all about VPL yes or no, good or bad. Knickers better with trousers on or off!

Keep with the spirit of the thread please:angry:

Unless you have any photographic evidence you wold like to submit to the jury!:drool:

Frankie_4711
15th-March-2006, 08:38 AM
Generally I'd say bad, but sometimes, I just can't be bothered to care! And looking at the results, doesn't look like I really need to, as some men like it!! (never even considered this possibility!)

Dreadful Scathe
15th-March-2006, 10:32 AM
Smurfs are actually toilet trained you know :rolleyes: and smurfette wears skirts :)

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=under par]Now! now! girls no fashion spats on this thread.

Sorry but I have to add to this...but G-strings are no longer in fashion! Haven't been for the past few months.

under par
15th-March-2006, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE]

Sorry but I have to add to this...but G-strings are no longer in fashion! Haven't been for the past few months.

Where are we up to now??:confused:

H-strings!

I-strings!

or are we ultra modern now with P-strings or Q-strings?:worthy: :worthy:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Donna]

Where are we up to now??:confused:

H-strings!

I-strings!

or are we ultra modern now with P-strings or Q-strings?:worthy: :worthy:

Dunno but I'd have called the G ones - R Strings! (get it? arse - strings! he he. Sorry!:blush: )

under par
15th-March-2006, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=under par]

Dunno but I'd have called the G ones - R Strings! (get it? arse - strings! he he. Sorry!:blush: )

You really didn't have to explain it:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did set you up for the punchline:cheers:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Donna]

You really didn't have to explain it:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did set you up for the punchline:cheers:

Yeah right! :grin:

Paul F
15th-March-2006, 12:54 PM
Im not going to comment on the problems I am having with my, lets say, tightish fitting latin trousers :blush:

Ok, so that makes me sound like I should be a regular in the 'Blue Oyster' bar (anyone seen police academy!) but its a problem with those types of trousers. :rolleyes:

jacksondonut
15th-March-2006, 01:09 PM
'Fraid I think they are horrid.... YUK.... think they should be called CHEESE STRINGS..:rofl: :rofl: (sorry, couldnt help it..sick sense of humour...) :yeah:

nothin worse than seeing someones drawers/knickers, hanging out the back of their jeans, with all the wobbly bits squeezed around the sides.... :eek:

just a bit surprised that there arent more people in hospital beds after being sliced in half, when someone grabs a hold...... dread the thought....:sick:

**on the other hand... unwillingly admits they look stunning on those gorgeous tall leggy supermodels....:tears: :tears: **

*slinks off and wishes she could get away with it...*

Zebra Woman
15th-March-2006, 01:13 PM
Im not going to comment on the problems I am having with my, lets say, tightish fitting latin trousers :blush:

Ok, so that makes me sound like I should be a regular in the 'Blue Oyster' bar (anyone seen police academy!) but its a problem with those types of trousers. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

I haven't voted because there isn't an option for:

VPL on handsome man = OK
VPL on women = Not OK

ZW

clevedonboy
15th-March-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/pwo0068l.jpg

ChrisA
15th-March-2006, 01:32 PM
I think we're all indebted to ESG for raising the profile of this important issue, but I'm disappointed with the way people are trivialising such a vital question.

Allow me to make it a little clearer... :whistle:

First, the question of the VPL is not quite the same as that of the visible thong, so I'd like to see a distinction drawn between the two, a more careful analysis of both, one might say. Nor is it about simply good or bad...

It's about whether what is on show draws attention to something to which one would like one's attention drawn.

This principle can be applied to other aspects of sartorial self-expression, and I find it a more useful generalisation :innocent:

Glad to be of service...:waycool:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Paul F]Im not going to comment on the problems I am having with my, lets say, tightish fitting latin trousers :blush:

Oooh DID SOMEONE SAY TIGHT FITTING LATIN TROUSERS???!!1 :drool:

VPL on handsome man = OK
VPL on women = Not OK

:yeah: :yeah:

Piglet
15th-March-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't care if a man has VPL or not. In fact I don't think I even look :D

Tessalicious
15th-March-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't care if a man has VPL or not. In fact I don't think I even look :DDoes the 'P' stand for the same thing in reference to a man's VPL as it does in reference to a woman's?

Just curious :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
15th-March-2006, 02:02 PM
'Fraid I think they are horrid.... YUK.... think they should be called CHEESE STRINGS..:rofl: :rofl: (sorry, couldnt help it..sick sense of humour...) :yeah:

nothin worse than seeing someones drawers/knickers, hanging out the back of their jeans, with all the wobbly bits squeezed around the sides.... :eek:

just a bit surprised that there arent more people in hospital beds after being sliced in half, when someone grabs a hold...... dread the thought....:sick:

**on the other hand... unwillingly admits they look stunning on those gorgeous tall leggy supermodels....:tears: :tears: **

*slinks off and wishes she could get away with it...*I think you're confusing visible thongs with VPL. Not the same thing at all. Please see me after school so I can explain the difference.

Tiggerbabe
15th-March-2006, 02:26 PM
First, the question of the VPL is not quite the same as that of the visible thong
Well said Chris! :respect:

Lory
15th-March-2006, 03:22 PM
Bad VPL....

people who wear white or cream trousers with big baggy knickers, with tight elastic, that cut a groove under their bum cheek, :sick: or worse still, when one hem is 'up the bum' :what: and the other isn't! These people definitely need to be educated in the positive side to wearing a thong!:wink:

senorita
15th-March-2006, 03:27 PM
with my, lets say, tightish fitting latin trousers :blush:

:rolleyes:

:devil: :drool:

senorita
15th-March-2006, 03:27 PM
Bad VPL....

people who wear white or cream trousers with big baggy knickers, with tight elastic, that cut a groove under their bum cheek, :sick: or worse still, when one hem is 'up the bum' :what: and the other isn't! These people definitely need to be educated in the positive side to wearing a thong!:wink:

:yeah:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 04:27 PM
Bad VPL....

:yeah: I've seen that before!! and it was a 70 year old women!! Felt sorry for her really as there are two guys in the linedance class who just love to wind people up and are not afraid to say anything! They certainly did wind her up after! She's gone to Spain until April now...think they scared her off! :rofl:

jacksondonut
15th-March-2006, 04:31 PM
I think you're confusing visible thongs with VPL. Not the same thing at all. Please see me after school so I can explain the difference.

mmmm....ok....which school do you attend??...:rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M
15th-March-2006, 07:41 PM
Smurfs are actually toilet trained you know :rolleyes: and smurfette wears skirts :)
Well where's the latest Smurfette photo then :flower: ........ she must be getting quite big now :yeah: has she learnt any dance moves yet :D

WittyBird
15th-March-2006, 07:48 PM

Good point :what: Not my fault tho :eek:

Andreas
15th-March-2006, 08:38 PM
Does the 'P' stand for the same thing in reference to a man's VPL as it does in reference to a woman's?
It is very likely to be the fact that English is my uhm third language but I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

under par
15th-March-2006, 08:47 PM
It is very likely to be the fact that English is my uhm third language but I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

the PEN IS mightier than the sword, so I do not believe your innocence.

Freya
16th-March-2006, 06:27 PM
VPL's = Very bad both on men and women!

I however hate g-strings, I like those lacy hipster things as they don't give you a VPL but much more comfy!!!! :whistle:

Baruch
16th-March-2006, 08:40 PM
Unless you have any photographic evidence you wold like to submit to the jury!:drool:Photographic evidence? You asked for it...

under par
17th-March-2006, 08:59 AM
Photographic evidence? You asked for it...

The case for the prosecution is proved............:eek:

timbp
17th-March-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't care if a man has VPL or not. In fact I don't think I even look :D

so how did you vote?

and how was the poll intended?

Silly me. I assumed the poll was about VPL on women, and I assumed the first two poll questions regarded men's opinions on VPL on women they look at, and the next two poll questions regarded womens opinions on themselves as women men look at.

the early results matched my expectations -- most girls didn't want guys to know if they were wearing underwear, and about half the guys wanted to know if the the girl was wearing underwear.
later results are more confusing. And on re-reading the thread I see the possibility that some women may have voted about VPL on men and some peoiple may have voted about g strings visible over the waistband of outer clothes.

Maybe the poll needs to be restarted with clearer instructions.

El Salsero Gringo
17th-March-2006, 10:36 AM
so how did you vote?

and how was the poll intended?

Silly me. I assumed the poll was about VPL on women, and I assumed the first two poll questions regarded men's opinions on VPL on women they look at, and the next two poll questions regarded womens opinions on themselves as women men look at.

the early results matched my expectations -- most girls didn't want guys to know if they were wearing underwear, and about half the guys wanted to know if the the girl was wearing underwear.
later results are more confusing. And on re-reading the thread I see the possibility that some women may have voted about VPL on men and some peoiple may have voted about g strings visible over the waistband of outer clothes.

Maybe the poll needs to be restarted with clearer instructions.It was deliberately ambiguous so we'd have something to argue about. Where would the fun be if we didn't misunderstand each other all the time?

timbp
17th-March-2006, 10:51 AM
It was deliberately ambiguous so we'd have something to argue about.

You mean this group needs to be provided with things to argue about? I had always thought the members of this forum could find an argument even if they knew they all agreed.

senorita
17th-March-2006, 10:52 AM
Photographic evidence? You asked for it...(photo's attached)

HOLY SH+T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

under par
17th-March-2006, 11:04 AM
You mean this group needs to be provided with things to argue about? I had always thought the members of this forum could find an argument even if they knew they all agreed.

tut tut.... I sound like Skippy:whistle:

timbp
17th-March-2006, 11:14 AM
tut tut.... I sound like Skippy:whistle:

No you don't! :rofl:

tut is explosive, pushing out (tu...) with a sudden stop (....t)
Skippy's sound is more drawing in (ts...) with a sudden stop (...t)
[I really hope there are no linguists on this forum who are going to critiise me. And I really really hope there are no linguists who have studied Skippy]).

Furthermore, your sound conveyed nothing but exasperation over what I wrote, whereas Skippy's sounds can tell a rescuer who is injured, where, and exactly what is needed to recover them and bring them back to full health.

under par
17th-March-2006, 11:17 AM
No you don't! :rofl:

tut is explosive, pushing out (tu...) with a sudden stop (....t)
Skippy's sound is more drawing in (ts...) with a sudden stop (...t)
[I really hope there are no linguists on this forum who are going to critiise me. And I really really hope there are no linguists who have studied Skippy]).

Furthermore, your sound conveyed nothing but exasperation over what I wrote, whereas Skippy's sounds can tell a rescuer who is injured, where, and exactly what is needed to recover them and bring them back to full health.:rofl: :worthy: :worthy: :rofl:

Piglet
17th-March-2006, 05:58 PM
so how did you vote?

I was one of the "odd" two that voted that "I didn't really mind it at all". :D

Mind you, I don't go looking - so perhaps that's why it doesn't matter to me?

And I was aware that it was about women's bums but thought I'd try throwing a spanner in the works.:wink:

ToeTrampler
18th-March-2006, 11:30 AM
VPL can be a very reassuring sight on some a&$es :whistle:

thewacko
19th-March-2006, 11:53 AM
no we can't, yes we can, well maybe your right, but I dont think so:confused: