PDA

View Full Version : Blues Room At Hammersmith this Saturday!

Zebra Woman
14th-March-2006, 01:11 PM
:clap: :clap: Yippee!:clap: :clap: :clap:

There will be a one off Blues Room this Saturday at the Hammersmith St Patrick's Day Dance.

It will be in a room downstairs somewhere, and DJ Substance Marc will be DJing from 10ish until 2PM. :clap: :clap:

I know where I'll be.

ZW :flower:

Miss Conduct
14th-March-2006, 01:17 PM

There will be a one off Blues Room this Saturday at the Hammersmith St Patrick's Day Dance.

It will be in a room downstairs somewhere, and DJ Substance Marc will be DJing from 10ish until 2PM. :clap: :clap:

I know where I'll be.

That makes at least 2 of us then.....:whistle:

Spin dryer
14th-March-2006, 01:25 PM
I guess you'll want a man, so call that 3.

Northants Girly
14th-March-2006, 01:26 PM
that puts a spanner in the works :rolleyes:

oh decisions decisions!

Rachel
14th-March-2006, 01:28 PM
You know everything before I do!! Good thing I can find out what we're supposed to be doing from you, Alison!

I take it Marc's spoken to David Bradley, has he?

See you all there?
(Dave H - you reading this, given my pm yesterday?)

R xx

Paul F
14th-March-2006, 01:29 PM

And I cant go :sad:

I am back up north this weekend for a friends birthday bash. Im looking forward to it but it means I miss Slinky's AND this blues room :tears:

Oh well. I cant have it all I suppose.

Zebra Woman
14th-March-2006, 01:38 PM
You know everything before I do!! Good thing I can find out what we're supposed to be doing from you, Alison!

I take it Marc's spoken to David Bradley, has he?

See you all there?
(Dave H - you reading this, given my pm yesterday?)

R xx

:rofl:

Yes he has spoken to David. And yes you should know first Rachel :hug: , I hope you weren't intending to do other things on Saturday.

Dave H? Is he coming too? I do hope so. Have the MK Stalkers been alerted?

One more thing. This is a one off, as apparently the room will be turned into a meeting room in future.

Rachel
14th-March-2006, 01:44 PM
:rofl:

Yes he has spoken to David. And yes you should know first Rachel :hug: , I hope you weren't intending to do other things on Saturday.As long as I do find out, that's all that matters. And you're probably more reliable at keeping me informed than Marc! :wink:

Dave H? Is he coming too? I do hope so. We're hoping he might be persuaded. He'll be in the area - well, midlands - so there's hope.

One more thing. This is a one off, as apparently the room will be turned into a meeting room in future. Shame!!
R.x

Rachel
14th-March-2006, 01:44 PM
What I want to know is, who's teaching the Irish fun class???

Cruella
14th-March-2006, 01:51 PM
: Dave H? Is he coming too? I do hope so. Have the MK Stalkers been alerted?

Sorry to disappoint you girls but he has other plans saturday. The MK stalkers are already planning to stalk him at St Neots on Fri:whistle: But he's employed myself and Little Em as his bodyguards:D

Zebra Woman
14th-March-2006, 01:58 PM
What I want to know is, who's teaching the Irish fun class???

Yeah and will there be a Polka?

I love to polka :devil:

Sorry to disappoint you girls but he has other plans saturday. The MK stalkers are already planning to stalk him at St Neots on Fri But he's employed myself and Little Em as his bodyguards

No no no! :tears: Other plans??? :confused:

I too am an MK Stalker and I need him to be in Hammersmith in the Blues Room so I can easily stalk him ( cos I'm not the kind of stalker that actually follows people around).:innocent:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 01:59 PM
I guess you'll want a man, so call that 3.
4 :clap: :clap:
Just when I thought Hammersmith couldn't get any better :clap:

SilverFox
14th-March-2006, 02:13 PM
What I want to know is, who's teaching the Irish fun class???Howard O'Temple....to be sure.

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 02:22 PM
I too am an MK Stalker and I need him to be in Hammersmith in the Blues Room so I can easily stalk him ( cos I'm not the kind of stalker that actually follows people around).:innocent:

Oh dear, what to do now...??.:confused: :confused: In order to stalk, we have to be in the same place..!!..:rofl: :rofl:

Not much point stalking without a victim.... (would definately get locked up for very strange behaviour)... MMMM.. I suggest we start from Birmingham and work our way down towards London.... Ill start right now....:D

What we need dear, is a very CUNNING PLAN..... :yeah:

Dave Hancock
14th-March-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint you girls but he has other plans saturday. The MK stalkers are already planning to stalk him at St Neots on Fri:whistle: But he's employed myself and Little Em as his bodyguards:D
Minders don't come much better than you Di:hug:

It looks like we may indeed have other plans on Saturday which is so disappointing as Marc's sets at Camber were awesome :respect: and it sounds like there are going to be some of my fav ladies there :tears: :tears:

That said am hoping to be having a pretty enjoyable time in the Midlands on Saturday night...

Rachel
14th-March-2006, 02:47 PM
It looks like we may indeed have other plans on Saturday which is so disappointing ... I hope you realise how many people you have upset now ... :tears:

That said am hoping to be having a pretty enjoyable time in the Midlands on Saturday night... You sure about that? No chance of changing your mind? :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 02:52 PM
It looks like we may indeed have other plans on Saturday which is so disappointing as Marc's sets at Camber were awesome :respect: and it sounds like there are going to be some of my fav ladies there :tears: :tears:
Shame :sad:

I hope you realise how many people you have upset now ... :tears: :yeah: :tears: :tears: :tears:

You sure about that? No chance of changing your mind? :flower:
:yeah: :D :flower:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 03:46 PM
OK GIRLS.... NOTHING LEFT TO DO NOW BUT BEG... ARE YOU ALL READY??????

down on your knees..... PLEEEEEEEEEZE (with sugar on the top):flower:
:flower:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(*gingerly gets on knees.... ouch...... *)

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 04:02 PM
OK GIRLS.... NOTHING LEFT TO DO NOW BUT BEG... ARE YOU ALL READY??????

down on your knees..... PLEEEEEEEEEZE (with sugar on the top):flower:
:flower:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(*gingerly gets on knees.... ouch...... *)

Pretty pretty please it would be absolutley awsome if you could be there *fluttering eye lashes* :flower:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 04:05 PM
VERY NICELY PUT TD...:flower: :flower:

you have a lovely way with words..

:yeah: :yeah:

senorita
14th-March-2006, 04:07 PM
Pretty pretty please it would be absolutley awsome if you could be there *fluttering eye lashes* :flower:

ARE YOU LISTENING DAVE?????
if my back is better I shall be there too (flatter my eyelids BIGTIME too)

so PLEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE dont let all those gorgeous ladies down PRETTY PLEASE with a cherry on top :innocent: :flower: :hug:

They will be awaiting for you in the blues room with flattering eye lids just for you. :flower:

And just maybe someone will be kind enough to bring a Banoffi cake just for you.....did you hear that....YES a banoffi cake!!!

Come on you know you want to....

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 04:12 PM
KEEP IT UP GIRLS.... YOURE DOING WONDERFULLY.........:flower: :flower: :flower:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

a few more hours.....*stocks up on coffee and sandwiches..*

Rebecca
14th-March-2006, 05:16 PM
Dear dear ladies, what happened to playing hard to get? :rolleyes:

I'm intrigued though - Dave, do I know you?

If I can pursuade CF to let us have one night off packing boxes for a house move then count us in I reckon. I'm getting rusty. Or should we save ourselves for Slinky's?? mmmmmmmm. . . . :confused:

Cruella
14th-March-2006, 05:24 PM

Don't worry Dave, i'm there, right in front of you, fighting all these women off! Blimey there are alot of them!! Not sure i can handle this amount of desperate women, now if they were men it would be a different matter.:D

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 05:30 PM
:respect: :respect:

You are such a good buddy :flower: :flower:

*heads off to the find an army of gorgeous blokes to sidetrack the faithfull Cruella.... heheheheee *

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 05:33 PM
Dear dear ladies, what happened to playing hard to get? :rolleyes:

I'm intrigued though - Dave, do I know you?

If I can pursuade CF to let us have one night off packing boxes for a house move then count us in I reckon. I'm getting rusty. Or should we save ourselves for Slinky's?? mmmmmmmm. . . . :confused:

oooohhh please come out to play, its my birthday on Sunday and I cant go dancing on that day....... have other plans....:tears: :tears: Havent seen you for ages..

ps if you had met Mr Hancock... you would have remembered him...:yeah:
he definately has a style all of his own.... :drool:

Rebecca
14th-March-2006, 05:36 PM
oooohhh please come out to play, its my birthday on Sunday and I cant go dancing on that day....... have other plans....:tears: :tears: Havent seen you for ages..

:wink:

I'll see what I can do - Birthday. . . yes, good ammunition. Hopefully see you Saturday x

Little Em
14th-March-2006, 08:03 PM

That said am hoping to be having a pretty enjoyable time in the Midlands on Saturday night...

oohh... all those dancers in that blues room, and im gonna have to miss out??:tears:
cuz i know with all these gorgeous women going, some gorgeous men will b there too! :drool: have some dances for me ladies!

Saying that... i wouldn miss my plans on sat for much..:devil:

bigdjiver
14th-March-2006, 10:49 PM
St Neots is on Friday
Hammersmith is on Sat

... part-timers ...

Paul F
14th-March-2006, 11:49 PM
St Neots is on Friday
Hammersmith is on Sat

... part-timers ...

Im assuming that the ceroc central website doesn't have much info on the st. neots night so can anyone tell me what its like ie. size of floor, quality of floor, type of music, how busy it usually gets etc.

Its sort of on my way back up north, well kinda......ish :nice: Ok I just want to dance :wink:

Spin dryer
15th-March-2006, 12:04 AM
Much though I like female attention, I'm a little concerned that it appears that I will be the the only guy in the blues room. I can just about manage double trouble, but 100 women at once is beyond my capabilities. Any volunteers?

Little Em
15th-March-2006, 12:25 AM
Im assuming that the ceroc central website doesn't have much info on the st. neots night so can anyone tell me what its like ie. size of floor, quality of floor, type of music, how busy it usually gets etc.

Its sort of on my way back up north, well kinda......ish :nice: Ok I just want to dance :wink:

from my 1 time visit.... quite a small venue, with not the best qualities... but there hopefully is light at the end of the tunnell..:D

me, Dave H, and Di will be there! Dirty D, Tazmanian D, Iain, and a few others are comin up too i think! so we will all have a good time regardless!:flower:

can you save me a few dances.....:flower: or 2....:wink:

Em x

bigdjiver
15th-March-2006, 12:31 AM

Its sort of on my way back up north, well kinda......ish :nice: Ok I just want to dance :wink:St. Neots is one of my unmissable freestyle venues. It is for lots of other people too. Good floor. This friday is teacher audition night, which should bring in even more quality dancers and friends. Roy is a good DJ and plays to the floor. What sort of music, or particular tracks are you after? He might think he owes me a favour ...

Tessalicious
15th-March-2006, 12:43 AM
100 women at once is beyond my capabilities. Any volunteers?I suppose, just to help you out, I could come along and take some of them off your hands. It'll be tough though, I don't know if there'll be anyone I want to dance with. And that ZW, she ain't half a hand-full (she's two, at least :devil: ).

Paul F
15th-March-2006, 12:54 AM
St. Neots is one of my unmissable freestyle venues. It is for lots of other people too. Good floor. This friday is teacher audition night, which should bring in even more quality dancers and friends. Roy is a good DJ and plays to the floor. What sort of music, or particular tracks are you after? He might think he owes me a favour ...

I very much doubt he will be able to play much of what I want but then I wouldnt expect it at a regular MJ night.
The only reason I am thinking about it is because I am driving back up north anyway that evening and dont really have too much to rush home for and as I wont be dancing on the saturday night I need a fix.

I think I may have just created the longest ever sentence too. :grin:

under par
15th-March-2006, 12:56 AM
The only reason I am thinking about it is because I am driving back up north anyway that evening and dont really have too much to rush home for
. :grin:

Aww poor fellow have a hug:hug: :hug: :hug:

Crossa
15th-March-2006, 01:52 AM

It will be in a room downstairs somewhere, DJ Substance Marc will be DJing from 10ish until 2PM. :clap: :clap:

:yeah: This weekend keeps getting better, I'll be in the blues room :cool:

Paul F
15th-March-2006, 01:56 AM
Aww poor fellow have a hug:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks UP :cheers:
Its not as bad as it sounds. I have plans for Saturday and would definately be back too late to go out anywhere on the Friday. Couple that with the fact that all my family are in Oz means I have nothing to do - but only on the friday night :nice:

Saturday will be my first time out seriously drinking for about 3 months. I will have turned into a veritable lightweight compared to those northern lads :rolleyes:

under par
15th-March-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks UP :cheers:

Saturday will be my first time out seriously drinking for about 3 months. I will have turned into a veritable lightweight compared to those northern lads :rolleyes:
Remember at the end of the night drink a gallon of water and you'll wake up fresh as a daisy.... alternative remedy is pewk it up before sleeping ....saves on cleaning in the morning:rofl:

Dave Hancock
15th-March-2006, 08:42 AM
Saying that... i wouldn miss my plans on sat for much..:devil:

...for much????

Cruella
15th-March-2006, 09:24 AM
...for much????
I'm sure £10 would be about right.:wink:

Dave you need to be aware of the Parental Guidance though :whistle:

senorita
15th-March-2006, 10:50 AM

:yeah: :yeah:

Minnie M
15th-March-2006, 05:05 PM
........It will be in a room downstairs somewhere, and DJ Substance Marc will be DJing from 10ish until 2PM.......
:confused: thought I had it wrong on my list - so checked the web page

Sat 18th Mar

Doors open 8pm

Emerald Isle Cocktail upon arrival

Extended licence with freestyle until 2am

Fun Irish class 8.30pm

Prizes

£12

jacksondonut
15th-March-2006, 06:10 PM
I very much doubt he will be able to play much of what I want but then I wouldnt expect it at a regular MJ night.
The only reason I am thinking about it is because I am driving back up north anyway that evening and dont really have too much to rush home for and as I wont be dancing on the saturday night I need a fix.

I think I may have just created the longest ever sentence too. :grin:

Please come...:flower: :flower: would be lovely to see you.
:respect: :respect:

ChrisA
15th-March-2006, 06:23 PM
Is there any publicity for the different format of the night on a Ceroc web site anywhere?

There's a note about St Patrick's day at Ceroc London (http://www.ceroclondon.com/hammersmith.htm), and the usual blurb at ceroc.com (http://www.ceroc.com/members/localeventsdiary.htm).

But it seems to be an opportunity missed not to publicise the blues room a bit more.

I mean, :respect: to the grapevine, but....:confused: :rolleyes:

It's also a bit off to be advertising different prices in different places...

Little Em
15th-March-2006, 06:37 PM
...for much????

ok, for nothing

:devil:

Paul F
15th-March-2006, 08:38 PM
Just had a quick look on uk-jive.
Is the st neots freestyle really not a freestyle? The site says that its a standard beginner/intermediate class night. It also says st. neots is a tuesday!

Im confused....again :nice:

under par
15th-March-2006, 08:44 PM
Paul you have to cancel birthday arrangements in Manchester... go to Hammersmith with a blues room, T jive and Slinkys Greenwich..... stop kidding yourself you know you want to...GO FOR IT!!, its only a phone call away. DO IT

Paul F
15th-March-2006, 10:01 PM
Paul you have to cancel birthday arrangements in Manchester... go to Hammersmith with a blues room, T jive and Slinkys Greenwich..... stop kidding yourself you know you want to...GO FOR IT!!, its only a phone call away. DO IT

I do want to but can't bring myself to ask my friend to re-arrange :sad:

I keep telling myself there will be plenty of other weekends chock full of good freestyles.

Wont there?

:sick:

jacksondonut
15th-March-2006, 10:28 PM
Is the st neots freestyle really not a freestyle? The site says that its a standard beginner/intermediate class night. It also says st. neots is a tuesday!

Dont worry my dear... :flower: Friday is the Freestyle at St Neots for definate.. :flower: WE ARE GOING.. The normal classes are on a Tuesday, but If i remember correctly there is usually a fun class. the end of the evening on Friday will be around 12-1230!! Sure that you can last that long!

Its very popular, and very busy. Thins out late in the evening thank goodness...:clap: the floor is usually quite decent. (It does tend to get rather hot in there though, so wear very little clothing...:devil:

We will be waiting for you.....:worthy: :cheers:

bigdjiver
16th-March-2006, 12:45 AM
:worthy:
I very much doubt he will be able to play much of what I want but then I wouldnt expect it at a regular MJ night. ...:Roy is a professional DJ. He is always trying to meet demand, but first he has to know what it is. It is not a regular MJ night, it is a freestyle, with almost certainly a higher than normal number of keen dancers attending. Since they are trying to separate sheep from goats teacher-potential-wise, he just might play some, if he was not going to anyway.I was hoping that you would post some wanted tracks here and see how many :yeah: :clap: posts we got, and take it from there.

bigdjiver
16th-March-2006, 01:34 AM

http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=freestyles_list

Paul F
16th-March-2006, 10:49 AM
:worthy: Roy is a professional DJ. He is always trying to meet demand, but first he has to know what it is. It is not a regular MJ night, it is a freestyle, with almost certainly a higher than normal number of keen dancers attending. Since they are trying to separate sheep from goats teacher-potential-wise, he just might play some, if he was not going to anyway.I was hoping that you would post some wanted tracks here and see how many :yeah: :clap: posts we got, and take it from there.

ME suggest specific tracks :sick: I wouldnt inflict that on people :)

Apart from my WCS tracks I enjoy music that is just, erm, unusual. I realise thats so subjective and hard to interpret but there are DJs around who manage to keep me dancing all night so I can only presume its possible.
I dont just like slow though, contrary to popular belief :grin: I enjoy some fast swing, funk and jazz but just get a bit bored with the oft played ones.

Ok, I suppose I cant get out of suggesting some.

As a crossover track that is still often played but has interesting elements - 'Sade - Smooth Operator'

Other nice ones:
James Blunt - Beautiful
Simon Webb - No worries
India Arie - Back to the middle
A FEW nu-tango ones !
Lynard Skynard - Sweet home alabama
Seal - Waiting for you
The one that goes "dum dum de dum de-de-de-de dum" ;)
About a billion others that I have but just cant remember the name of :rolleyes:

I told you most of mine were WCS tracks :nice: Again, I dont expect to hear any of them at a regular freestyle.

bigdjiver
16th-March-2006, 02:33 PM
... Ok, I suppose I cant get out of suggesting some.

As a crossover track that is still often played but has interesting elements - 'Sade - Smooth Operator'

Other nice ones:
James Blunt - Beautiful
Simon Webb - No worries
India Arie - Back to the middle
A FEW nu-tango ones !
Lynard Skynard - Sweet home alabama
Seal - Waiting for you
The one that goes "dum dum de dum de-de-de-de dum" ;)
About a billion others that I have but just cant remember the name of :rolleyes:

I told you most of mine were WCS tracks :nice: Again, I dont expect to hear any of them at a regular freestyle.I cannot identify versions, but I can remember dancing to "Smooth operator", "Beautiful", nu-tango tracks and "Sweet home Alabama". We have a few MJ'ers that do Tango along to the regular classes, including the venue organiser, and we get one or two MJ'able tango'able tracks in the normal set, and often a nice Tango as the "coats on" track, with 5 pairs Tangoing to it on one ocassion.

I will print the list and pass it on - without its source - and hopefully post his reaction Friday.

jacksondonut
16th-March-2006, 04:31 PM
Paul.... look up the thread.....:whistle: WE ARE ALL GOING... PLEASE COME...

:flower: :flower: :flower:

Paul F
16th-March-2006, 05:57 PM
Paul.... look up the thread.....:whistle: WE ARE ALL GOING... PLEASE COME...

:flower: :flower: :flower:

I think I was secretl always going :nice: Its just that, like many others, I like making my mind up at the last minute.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow night. :hug:

jacksondonut
17th-March-2006, 04:26 PM
:flower: :flower: ST NEOTS TONIGHT :clap:

Just putting in a little request for some birthday dances tonight, if you are coming along to St Neots... :flower:

Hope to see you there!!

Jan
:hug: :hug:

under par
18th-March-2006, 08:43 AM

I know where I'll be.

Mrs Par and I will be in attendance and will with relative certainty be in the BLUES ROOM too see you there:clap: :yeah: