PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaahh Need To Let Off Steam!

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 11:02 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

My car.....:tears: Parked on the drive, minding her own business, when BANG.... hit by a BLOODYB&Q Lorry.... trying to reverse and bashing in the back end of my lovely car...:sad:

Just CANNOT believe it... :mad:

Trying to see the positive side of things, but at the moment REALLY CROSS!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :tears:

under par
14th-March-2006, 11:06 AM

My car.....:tears: Parked on the drive, minding her own business, when BANG.... hit by a BLOODYB&Q Lorry.... trying to reverse and bashing in the back end of my lovely car...:sad:

Janet

10 big deep breaths now. Where you hurt ? No ! Can you still dance? Yes. right result!

pjay
14th-March-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah these things are really annoying aren't they... last Friday I had a similar experience...

There was me driving merrily on my way to go dancing when some guy decides that just because my brake lights and indicator are going that he needent bother slowing down...

on the upside the damage was really minor.... on the down side, I'm supposed to be handing it over to the new owner this week!

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 11:15 AM
mmmmmmmmmm..... yes, know you are right... lets get things into perspective... large cup of coffee in my hand... (doughnuts if I could find any) and taking very large DEEP BREATHS.. know I am capable of those... :D

only pride is hurt, I am in one piece and was indoors when it happened...sssooooo, yes I am ok... just is second time in less than a year...:sad:

the petrol cap is damaged, so It wont lock now... :what: but apart from large dents in back panel... is driveable..

Just wish that bloody great big lorries didnt have to reverse up small residential roads.... (was on MY DRIVE).. you should be safe on your own property...

RANT OVER.... back to nice calming coffee.... where are those biscuits...
:drool:

senorita
14th-March-2006, 11:36 AM

BIG HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope your ok :tears: :tears:

Lynn
14th-March-2006, 11:40 AM
I can sympathise, I just about managed to avoid a large industrial bin colliding with my car in the car park at work yesterday. It was blown across the car park and with a slight incline was picking up speed. I just happened to glance out the window and saw it, and stopped it within a few feet of my car. I was fortunate, but I know how I would have felt, really annoyed!

So - :hug:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the hugs... I really needed them. :hug: :hug:
These things seem to happen when everything else is going really well.... :confused:

I often wonder why they happen....? maybe its so you can put other things in your life into perspective....

Just been out for lunch and coffee with dearest buddy:kiss: and that made me realise (again) how important all kinds of relationships are.. :yeah:

After all..... its just a hunk of metal...:yeah:

:cheers: :hug:

Miss Conduct
14th-March-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that Sweetie. Good news is, it won't stop you dancing!!!

If you ever need a lift you know where I am.... I'll even let you be in control :whistle:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 02:35 PM
ooooooooohh yes please..... nice to be in control... but sometimes nice to be looked after for a change honey..xxxx

:kiss: :kiss:

robd
14th-March-2006, 02:42 PM
Surprised a B&Q lorry didn't fall to bits after the slightest collision.

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 02:47 PM
VERY FUNNY... :what:

Will show you my dents on Friday....:innocent: :innocent: rear bumper... youd better be there to inspect the damages... (linda asked if you will bring your pole :innocent: )

Jan
x

DianaS
14th-March-2006, 03:19 PM
ITs Horrid!!
I hope you had the presence of mind to offer the lorry driver a cup of tea to calm him down laced with a very large dose of brandy.
THEN had him breathylsed
Revenge is sweet:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

robd
14th-March-2006, 03:33 PM
Will show you my dents on Friday....:innocent: :innocent: rear bumper... youd better be there to inspect the damages... (linda asked if you will bring your pole :innocent: )

I'll look forward to it and I'll bring my pole if Linda promises to dance around it!

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 03:34 PM
ITs Horrid!!
I hope you had the presence of mind to offer the lorry driver a cup of tea to calm him down laced with a very large dose of brandy.
THEN had him breathylsed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Absolutley great idea sweetie :clap:

Sorry to hear about your poor car Have a :hug:

stewart38
14th-March-2006, 03:50 PM
[SIZE="3"]Thanks for the hugs... I really needed them. :hug: :hug:

Always happy to give out Hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now start a campaign and get in the local paper

ie B&Q not in my backyard :yeah:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll look forward to it and I'll bring my pole if Linda promises to dance around it!

Looks like you will have to wrap it up and keep it warm, until you get there... looks like it may be a chilly evening.... or else she can warm it for you....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 04:02 PM
ITs Horrid!!
THEN had him breathylsed

It was a little youngish lady driver..... she was most apologetic and looked very guilty.... its a tight squeeze around our corner..... :rolleyes:

gave the poor thing a strong cup of coffee (and made sure she gave me ALL OF HER DETAILS...) or I would have had to add something nasty to her coffee.....:rofl: (maybe some ex-lax...)

:devil: :devil: :devil:

philsmove
14th-March-2006, 04:53 PM
Always happy to give out Hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:

we a system for sending hugs rather than reps :hug:

Miss Conduct
14th-March-2006, 04:57 PM
ooooooooohh yes please..... nice to be in control... but sometimes nice to be looked after for a change honey..xxxx

:kiss: :kiss:

You've obviously forgotten our conversation in the car the last time you drove me......

The offer still stands and I'm more than happy to look after you Sweetie :flower:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 05:01 PM
You've obviously forgotten our conversation in the car the last time you drove me......

The offer still stands and I'm more than happy to look after you Sweetie :flower:

what a lovely pal you are honey..:flower: :flower:

lucky to have such lovely mates.. all with hearts of gold
:yeah: :yeah: :hug: :yeah: :yeah:

*ppppsssstt.. remind me of the conversation, old age has affected my memory..lol...*

Chef
14th-March-2006, 05:14 PM
Depending on the age of the car, the degree of damage, and how car proud you are then this might turn to your advantage.

My car was hit in the back while it was parked. The damage looked cosmetic but the insurance company decided that it would cost more to repair and repaint than the car was worth.

They offered me £2000 pounds for it which I accepted on the proviso that the car was still road worthy (I proved this by getting it MOTed) and that they would sell it to me for scrap (for which I paid £200).

End result was that I got £1800 in my pocket and two years motoring for £200 all for the cost of being less car proud (which I wasn't anyway or I wouldn't have been in a £2000 car).

Sometimes there are ways to turn these unfortunate incidents to your advantage.

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 05:20 PM
mmmm.... good thinking.... well done for sorting it out so well..:flower:

my people carrier is pretty new... the damage is mainly cosmetic (apart from the petrol locking cap, which doesnt lock any more!!) not too sure how it all works, but I guess it is completely their fault, as I was stationary!!! I was on my drive and they will take all the blame... :yeah:

have calmed down now and letting the wheels of justice start turning..
:cheers:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 06:08 PM
we a system for sending hugs rather than reps :hug:
:yeah:

Happy to give (and receive) hugs to (and from) all!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

JonD
14th-March-2006, 06:21 PM
Poor Sally, who is a good friend, a lovely dancer and fellow coach here in Exeter, had a hell of a week. Her daughter, who is learning to drive, crashed the car and wrote it off then Sally dropped a TV on her toe and can't dance for a few weeks. Nightmare! Hugs are vital in those circumstances.

I hope the truck's insurance company come through promptly and pay in full - sending hugs and loads of positive thoughts!

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 06:26 PM
:yeah:

Happy to give (and receive) hugs to (and from) all! (except Taz)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

What thats not nice is it!!!!!

Have loads :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 06:31 PM
What thats not nice is it!!!!!
Since you tried to lock me in a coffin, what do you expect?!? :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 06:37 PM
Since you tried to lock me in a coffin, what do you expect?!? :rolleyes:
But you enjoyed it at the time :wink:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 06:47 PM
But you enjoyed it at the time :wink:
You never found anyone nice for me to share it with... :(

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 06:53 PM
You never found anyone nice for me to share it with... :(
You are absolutley right there but I didn't know it meant that much to you,
If I had of known you wanted someone that badly I would have got in there myself :awe:

Andy McGregor
14th-March-2006, 07:16 PM
Cars :mad: Mine has only just been put back in action. I had a flat tyre on Friday and because it's runflat they didn't have any in Sussex until Monday at 1.30pm :angry:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 07:25 PM
RESULT!!

Accident occured at 9am this morning and after various phone calls from Insurers, etc., have a estimate booked in for tomorrow afternoon and a courtesy car (just like my own) arranged for when the work is being done...:clap: :clap: Not sure when, but what the hell......

WOW...... think I feel very faint...:sick:

For a change, it hasnt been too complicated. :clap:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 07:33 PM
If I had of known you wanted someone that badly I would have got in there myself :awe:
Not that badly! :na:

Oh, :hug: to Ms Jackson. Glad you're getting things sorted out. :nice:

jacksondonut
14th-March-2006, 07:35 PM

Thank you kind sir.. much appreciated..

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh you can't beat that feeling that you are loved :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Absolutely :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

under par
14th-March-2006, 07:53 PM
RESULT!!

Accident occured at 9am this morning and after various phone calls from Insurers, etc., have a estimate booked in for tomorrow afternoon and a courtesy car (just like my own) arranged for when the work is being done...:clap: :clap: Not sure when, but what the hell......

WOW...... think I feel very faint...:sick:

For a change, it hasnt been too complicated. :clap:

So no more steam letting for 24 hours then Janet:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .......watch where you park the car tonight eh!!!:D :hug: :hug: :hug:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh you can't beat that feeling that you are loved :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
Awwww.... :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-March-2006, 08:22 PM
Awwww.... :hug:
:tears: *sniff sniff* :tears:

I am absolutley devastated :tears: :tears:

But will take the :hug: :snigger:

Icey
15th-March-2006, 03:02 PM
:hug: to you Janet. Glad to hear that all will be sorted to your satisfaction.
Just to wring every last bit out of the saga I'd write a very snotty letter to the company concerned reminding them that your driveway is private property and not there for the convinence of their drivers to turn lorries around in!

DavidY
17th-March-2006, 10:28 AM
Just to wring every last bit out of the saga I'd write a very snotty letter to the company concerned reminding them that your driveway is private property and not there for the convinence of their drivers to turn lorries around in!Doesn't that mean they've been trespassing - can they be prosecuted?
Cars :mad: Mine has only just been put back in action. I had a flat tyre on Friday and because it's runflat they didn't have any in Sussex until Monday at 1.30pm :angry:And the advantage of runflat tyres is..?:confused:

philsmove
17th-March-2006, 10:41 AM
:flower:

]I'd write a very snotty letter !

Try to put a bit humour in the letter

Nice letters tend to get handed round the work place and noticed

Snotty letters have a habit of getting lost or ending in ether in the LBW* tray or the WPB

*Let the Buggers Wait