PDA

View Full Version : Forum Banners

John S
4th-March-2003, 04:43 PM
At Blackpool, Franck had supplied display banners advertising the Forum, which were suspended from the gallery for all to see.

I know even in Ceroc venues in Scotland there are still people who aren't aware of the Forum and it would be good to see these same banners being displayed at the venues. Any chance?

(and of course now that it's an internationally-used website, maybe use of something like the banners elsewhere could make it even more popular - don't know if Franck could cope with it all then, though!!!)

Franck
4th-March-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by John S
At Blackpool, Franck had supplied display banners advertising the Forum, which were suspended from the gallery for all to see.

I know even in Ceroc venues in Scotland there are still people who aren't aware of the Forum and it would be good to see these same banners being displayed at the venues. Any chance? Well that was the plan... I got the banners printed at the suggestion of Heather, and instead of printing just the one, I printed a few so we could have one at all the venues I operate...

Judging by the number of new members registering over the last few days, it seems that the combination of a very large (and loud) forum presence with the banners worked :wink:

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-March-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by John S
I know even in Ceroc venues in Scotland there are still people who aren't aware of the Forum and it would be good to see these same banners being displayed at the venues. Any chance?

Good idea John. All we need are some of the many Ceroc teachers on here to agree to take one. And for the non-Ceroc teachers/organisers a slightly different format one so they dont feel theyre advertising Ceroc (thats assuming they have a problem with the logo and URL etc....but...ooooh...we've been through this before:) )
If anyone has a list of dancers email addresses they could use that'd may also be worth while - I know the Ashtons people keep an email list and boogienights and probably others...thats up to them though. The word will get out somehow :)

Franck
4th-March-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
If anyone has a list of dancers email addresses they could use that'd may also be worth while - I know the Ashtons people keep an email list and boogienights and probably others...thats up to them though. The word will get out somehow :) Wahey... I am not wanting anyone to spam a mailing list with Forum advertising... As much as I would like more people to join our community, I like the idea that it happens organically (and slowly), I am sure that most of the people who decided to join after Blackpool did so, not because of the banners or any advertising, but simply because they so the tremendous spirit and fun generated by the Forum corner...

As you say, the word will get out somehow... Anyhow!

Franck.

Gus
4th-March-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Wahey... I am not wanting anyone to spam a mailing list with Forum advertising... Glad to hear it :wink: ... but there is nothing wong in getting the Mail list holder to incorporate your details in one of their newsletters. I regualrly push both the Modern Jive Resource site and the Scottish Forum in the Gorgeous Gus monthly e-newsletter as I believe that they are a great asset to the dancing community. Also, the Modern Jive site actively promotes your forum as THE Modern Jive Forum:grin: :grin:

Franck
4th-March-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Glad to hear it :wink: ... but there is nothing wong in getting the Mail list holder to incorporate your details in one of their newsletters. I regualrly push both the Modern Jive Resource site and the Scottish Forum in the Gorgeous Gus monthly e-newsletter as I believe that they are a great asset to the dancing community. Also, the Modern Jive site actively promotes your forum as THE Modern Jive Forum:grin: :grin: Whoops, maybe I misread DS' suggestions... :D and panicked.

I would be happy for anyone, website owner or mailing list moderator to mention the Forum in their list / site, and indeed thank you (and John Sweeney of Modernjive.com) for regularly mentioning it. :cheers:

While the Forum has been tremendous in raising the profile of Scotland as a place to dance, it would be great to do the same for other parts of the UK, and bring together the thousands of dancers across the UK :nice:

Franck.