PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Disaster

Rhythm King
12th-March-2006, 09:45 PM
I have a cold cast bronze resin statuette of a kiwi. It was a leaving present from somewhere and has great sentimental value.

Given that I am unsteady on my feet at the moment, this morning I staggered into the table where the statue lives. It fell on the floor and broke :tears: . The beak and one leg have wire inside and have partially shattered and the other leg has sheared. It is out of position because the wire in the other leg is bent. I have several loose chips of resin from the accident.

Does anyone have any bright ideas about how, or where, I can get this fixed please?

R-K

David Franklin
12th-March-2006, 11:16 PM
A google on "bronze statue repair" comes up with http://www.brassmaster.co.uk/refurbishment.shtml who look like they might be able to help.

Best of luck!

Feelingpink
12th-March-2006, 11:22 PM
A google on "bronze statue repair" comes up with http://www.brassmaster.co.uk/refurbishment.shtml who look like they might be able to help.

Best of luck!Bearing in mind your other recent post, I thought you would have posted www.brasmaster.co.uk/refurbishment :wink:

Missy D
13th-March-2006, 09:01 AM
I have a cold cast bronze resin statuette of a kiwi. It was a leaving present from somewhere and has great sentimental value.

Given that I am unsteady on my feet at the moment, this morning I staggered into the table where the statue lives. It fell on the floor and broke :tears: . The beak and one leg have wire inside and have partially shattered and the other leg has sheared. It is out of position because the wire in the other leg is bent. I have several loose chips of resin from the accident.

Does anyone have any bright ideas about how, or where, I can get this fixed please?

R-K

Hi! I will have a word with my boss as we work with cold cast bronze (bronze resin) everyday. Will get back to you later. Dx

Rhythm King
13th-March-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi! I will have a word with my boss as we work with cold cast bronze (bronze resin) everyday. Will get back to you later. Dx

Thanks D and D :nice: