PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate addict, need help

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
11th-March-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm eating far too much chocolate, but it's sooo tasty. Please suggest how I can help stop my craving, or reduce it.

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

Rhythm King
11th-March-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm eating far too much chocolate, but it's sooo tasty. Please suggest how I can help stop my craving, or reduce it.

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

Dance more, eat fruit, fall in love (it's the endorphins)

Lynn
12th-March-2006, 12:41 AM
Dance more Check

eat fruit Check (OK, trying... a bit...)

fall in love (it's the endorphins)...back to the chocolate then...:tears:

Oh dear, I shouldn't have read this thread, now I really need to go and eat some chocolate! I think I might have a Mars bar in my dance bag after Storm, must go and look!

Lynn
12th-March-2006, 12:45 AM
Success! :drool:

(Sorry Ash, not really helping am I? :rofl: )

KatieR
12th-March-2006, 01:00 AM

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

Replace it with coke (the drinking kind people..)

LMC
12th-March-2006, 01:27 AM
Eat really serious chocolate - Lindt 85% :drool:

If it's 85% cocoa, then it stands to reason that there's less room for sugar - and that's the fattening bit.

Sorted.

philsmove
12th-March-2006, 03:03 AM
Raise your hand and say:

Hi, my name is Ash
and I am addicted to chocolate.
I think about chocolate always,
except when I am asleep
and then I dream about chocolate.

Now go here Chocoholics Anonymous (http://www.chocoholicsanonymous.com.au/home.html)

Monika
12th-March-2006, 12:24 PM

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

Hi there
Get yourself to your nearest pharmacy and get one packet of "chrome tablets" - stops the cravings after a few days. I used to be a chocolate addict for years, but one "treatment" with these tablets cured me. Occationally have chocolate for pure indulgence and enjoyment, but cravings stopped completely.
Good luck :flower:
Mon :nice:

Dizzy
12th-March-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi there
Get yourself to your nearest pharmacy and get one packet of "chrome tablets"

As in Chromium - Interesting notion. Chromium is used in the body to regulate insulin levels therefore ultimately blood sugar but I have never heard of Chrome..... :whistle:

Dizzy
12th-March-2006, 01:16 PM

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

I know it is a really weird idea but if I get a chocolate craving, I take a banana and eat it but really TASTE it - I am serious, bananas are actually very sweet and if you take time over eating it then you can get the sugar fix.

Feelingpink
12th-March-2006, 01:37 PM

Thank you

Miss Jazz xMy take on things: what LMC says ... higher cocoa content ... at least you might be able to cut down a little. And Lidl stocks totally yummy, very cheap chocolate with a high cocoa content.

On a more scientific note, in theory, if you can get your blood sugar level steadier, you shouldn't crave it as much. So get rid of refined foods (white bread, biscuits etc) and have protein at every meal and snack between meals with something that won't bounce your blood sugar around (an apple & nuts or yoghurt smoothie - protein slows down the release of sugar into your bloodstream) and cut down or remove caffeine and stress.

Monika
12th-March-2006, 01:49 PM
As in Chromium - Interesting notion. Chromium is used in the body to regulate insulin levels therefore ultimately blood sugar but I have never heard of Chrome..... :whistle:

...ooops maybe "chromium" is the correct spelling...?? :blush: No excuse, but being Norwegian and having bought these tablets in Norway I wasn't 100% sure how to spell it - thank you for pointing this out :flower: . Anyway - it really worked for me :D

Barry Shnikov
12th-March-2006, 01:57 PM

Thank you

Miss Jazz x
Sex change operation?

Barry Shnikov
12th-March-2006, 01:57 PM

If it's 85% cocoa, then it stands to reason that there's less room for sugar - and that's the fattening bit.

Sorted.

Nothing to do with the cocoa butter, then? Phew.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
12th-March-2006, 02:13 PM
Sex change operation?

Cheeky

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
12th-March-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the advice...alothough I don't know if it really helped that much :confused: Actually i'm eating a fruit salad my mum made right now, and it tastes better than the bueno bar that I ate earlier It's got Italian peaches in it :yum:

Piglet
12th-March-2006, 03:00 PM
Hell! Go with your craving girl.

I find I only get it once every few weeks anyway - are you getting the craving more than that?

I say stuff your face with the stuff then, you'll soon go off of it if you do that. Apparently Cadbury's staff are allowed to eat as much chocolate as they like whilst working on the conveyor belt with the stuff passing, because they learned many years ago that the quickest way to put your workers off eating it is to allow them to indulge - they go off it! (So I heard anyway, but I am gullible and this could all be a huge pack of pork pies).

All I know is if you starve yourself from it when you really fancy it, you'll want it even more and feel really guilty.

Also - it's apparently okay to eat chocolate for a meal - instead of a meal! The actress in "Chocolate" the movie was concerned that she'd be putting on weight and that was the advice she was given "allegedly."

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2006, 03:44 PM
Apparently Cadbury's staff are allowed to eat as much chocolate as they like whilst working on the conveyor belt with the stuff passing, because they learned many years ago that the quickest way to put your workers off eating it is to allow them to indulge - they go off it! (So I heard anyway, but I am gullible and this could all be a huge pack of pork pies).
I'd not be surprised, when at school/college I worked in a sweet shop and after the first couple of days the novelty really does wear off. :D

Feelingpink
12th-March-2006, 11:00 PM
I'd not be surprised, when at school/college I worked in a sweet shop and after the first couple of days the novelty really does wear off. :DI've just been pretty much locked in a room for four hours with a chocolate fountain ... and I couldn't smell it after the first 10 minutes (good) ... but at the end of the evening, and after a glass of wine ... one of the guys running it said that everything needed eating (strawberries, brownies, marshmallows etc) ... so I felt morally obliged to try some. My fave was a macaroon ... covered in chocolate, it was just like a bounty bar, only runnier. Yum.

Sorry Ash, I'm sure this doesn't help at all. Perhaps just get a chocolate fountain installed at work and at home so you get used to the smell, but take the macaroons and brownies away?

Alice
13th-March-2006, 02:13 AM
Drinking green tea is supposed to reduce chocolate cravings... does seem to work! Also I've heard that if you're craving chocolate you're probably not getting a balanced diet- I think red meat is the missing ingredient... (hmmm, might have to check that one, I can't remember what was supposed to be missing). I do find I get fewer cravings if I'm eating properly though...
(that must be why I've been craving it so much lately:whistle: )

Missy D
13th-March-2006, 08:34 AM
I am also a choccy lover and maybe i will try some of your suggestions. Going to Cadburys World on Sunday so the new diet will have to start a week from today.:drool:

senorita
13th-March-2006, 10:47 AM

Thank you

Miss Jazz x

I need help too! Dont know whats wrong with me lately but I cant stop eating chocolate. I dont have a sweet tooth at all. My face is full of spots now :sad: I Never Ever eat chocolates, crisps or any junk food. I love my savouries, fruits and veg too much!
Oh well must be a winter binge or something :confused: :sad: Hopefully I'll grow out of it soon :rofl:

Lynn
13th-March-2006, 11:18 AM
Also I've heard that if you're craving chocolate you're probably not getting a balanced diet- I think red meat is the missing ingredient... (hmmm, might have to check that one, I can't remember what was supposed to be missing). I thought craving chocolate was because you were missing something else...:devil:

senorita
13th-March-2006, 11:26 AM
I thought craving chocolate was because you were missing something else...:devil:

MMmmm defo not that :rofl:

Tessalicious
13th-March-2006, 12:49 PM
One thing you could try is to have a tin of Lush's Whipstick lip balm (http://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80) to hand, which gives you the smell and taste of eating chocolate, and makes it linger, but the amount of chocolate you consume is greatly reduced (although there is still a bit of chocolate in it). Alternatively, having a bottle of vanilla essence is also really good for calorie-free quenching of chocolate cravings.

Both of those work for me if it is important that I don't have chocolate so I can lose weight or because I am on caffeine-overload, but I must admit, I still choose to eat the chocolate most days.

TiggsTours
13th-March-2006, 01:10 PM
As an self-confessed chocoholic, from my entry on the weight loss thread:

I eat tons of fruit now, so I don't get hungry, that way, when I want chocolate, I'll eat it for pleasure, not to fill my grumbly tummy, and so I eat less of it, and I love fruit! :drool:

By filling up on healthy stuff, I can eat chocolate when I want to, without any stupid feelings of guilt. If you feel guilty eating it, you'll feel bad about yourself, then you'll just want more to stop you feeling bad, its a viscious cirlce.

Try low fat chocolate bars like flyte, or the 99 calories one by Cadburys, milky bars, because they're really small, buttons. Try low-fat drinking chocolate, or putting your chocolate in the fridge so it lasts longer. Curly wurlys are great, they're really long, so you feel like you've had loads, but there's hardly any chocolate.

Princess Fi
18th-March-2006, 08:44 PM
Ash, you're a girl. You're gonna crave chocolate. Just accept this fact, and you'll feel much better!

drathzel
19th-March-2006, 02:49 PM

Sorted.

at the minute i am addicted to a spanish chocolate its 70%cocco and sugar free! result!

mmm chocolate!:devil:

Little Monkey
19th-March-2006, 04:16 PM
Absolutely NOT FAIR to start a thread about chocolate cravings when I'm sitting here feeling so desperately low and lonely! :tears: :tears: :tears: Now I've got a crazy chocolate craving, too!:mad:

Had a cr*p weekend so far, an it ain't gonna get much better. Really wanted to go dancing Friday and Saturday (and today, but luckily there's nothing on, so I'm not feeling that left out, apart from knowing Greg is out dancing again tonight!:tears: ). Am totally broke, as my kiln has been broken for over 6 weeks, and I've only just got it fixed. So no money until I've sold what's in the kiln, plus a big fat bill to pay for having my kiln repaired! :(

Sooooooooooooooooooo want to go dancing tomorrow night, but as I have no clue when I'm next getting paid, and have £3.50 in my purse, that's not too likely......... Unless I borrow money just to get my dance fix! (Food? Who needs food when you can go dancing instead???).

But if I can't go dancing, I..... Must........ Have...... Some.......

CHOCOLATE!!!!!

*LM starts running around, screaming and tearing at her hair, before jumping into her kitchen cupboard in search of something more exciting than porridge oats*

philsmove
8th-March-2007, 09:01 AM
Chocolate ‘helps the old to stay sprightly’-News-UK-Health-TimesOnline (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article1484963.ece)

BeccaB
8th-March-2007, 11:01 AM
I've always been told that if you crave something you should have it or you start substituting it with something else which will never get rid of the craving :sick: ... So to follow the advice of my mother, I eat chocolate and enjoy it! So go for it!!!

I don't know if this applies to everything but it worked when I craved pancakes, chocolate, ice cream, more pancakes, more chocolate and more chocolate. :clap:

I've also heard that vanilla essence is good as said earlier.

Jamie
8th-March-2007, 11:13 AM
I crave chocolate all the time! I love the stuff, infact I don't think I'd survive weekenders without it! At one point, I was sat stuffing my face with Rolo's a Kitkat and a MilkyBar!! I got filthy looks for that too! :whistle:

philsmove
8th-March-2007, 03:32 PM
if you crave something you should have .

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LittleSal
9th-March-2007, 12:55 AM
Ash, you're a girl. You're gonna crave chocolate. Just accept this fact, and you'll feel much better!

:yeah: I,m with you......and the chocolate tastes even better when it,s guilt free.........! I've read that it is actually quite good for you and I believe it!!!!!!:yum: :yum: and practice eating it regularly.:grin:

straycat
9th-March-2007, 01:10 AM
Wot I done.

I was eating waaay too much chocolate. But I know from experience that if I ban myself from eating something like that, it just won't work... so I decided instead to stop buying it. If offered chocolate, I'm free to accept - but I won't buy it.

I almost never crave it now (even been known to turn it down when it's offered me, which would never have happened in them bad old days)

And I haven't bought any in a year and a half(!)

Barry Shnikov
9th-March-2007, 02:21 PM
Wot I done.

I was eating waaay too much chocolate. But I know from experience that if I ban myself from eating something like that, it just won't work... so I decided instead to stop buying it. If offered chocolate, I'm free to accept - but I won't buy it.

I almost never crave it now (even been known to turn it down when it's offered me, which would never have happened in them bad old days)

Next you'll be telling us that you only take things day by day...

whitetiger1518
12th-March-2007, 01:25 PM
Wot I done.

Can manage the chocolate cravings most of the time without giving in... the only problem is when I get a craving to bake my mint chocolate tray bake or brownies! without chocolate they don't work :( :tears:

Full flavour but calorie free chocolate inventor required :D

Whitetiger

Seahorse
12th-March-2007, 02:09 PM
Quality not quantity :devil:
Go for Lindt or the 'Mjolk chockolade' you can get in Denmark (or Ikea).