PDA

View Full Version : 5000 posts then ........nothing .....where is David James?

under par
11th-March-2006, 09:24 AM
So Dj posts his 5000th post then disappears without trace!

Any sightings folks?

Does he have an alter ego ?

We miss DJ don't we?

Consider this thread as a petition for his return.

signed Under Par

DianaS
11th-March-2006, 10:03 AM
DJ was just an illusion. The mouth piece of Fletch, and the play thing of women
Rumour has it he's in a retreat developing a new improved avator to wow us with on his return
RIP DJ

El Salsero Gringo
11th-March-2006, 10:23 AM
Rumour has it he's in a retreat developing a new improved avator to wow us with on his return
RIP DJI thought that DJ (along with ChrisA) is nothing but another manifestation in our spacetime of the pan-dimensional mega-being known as Andy McGregor*?

*Of course that's not the being's real name. Actually saying the whole name - even if a human could pronounce it - would take 928 million years and cause the universe to suddenly collapse in on itself as soon as it was finished being spoken.

under par
11th-March-2006, 10:27 AM
Just a thought................................ maybe he has a MIGRAINE!:rofl:

robd
11th-March-2006, 11:13 AM
Replacing his keyboard

fletch
11th-March-2006, 11:32 AM
RIP DJ
I don't need one:mad:

however I was with the man himself last night and confirm he is alive and kicking :what:

under par
11th-March-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't need one:mad:

however I was with the man himself last night and confirm he is alive and kicking :what:

Kicking whom?

or is that a description of his dancing last night:what:

and when you say you were "with the man last night ", can any inferences be drawn from the statement!!:awe:

Cruella
11th-March-2006, 12:15 PM
How long can DJ resist posting on this thread? I'll give him a day.:devil:

ducasi
11th-March-2006, 12:21 PM
As someone who in the past has tried to step away from the forum for a while (including at a milestone number of posts) with mixed results, I reckon that if David wants to take some time away from the forum, or just not posting, then that's fine with me. :nice:

I'm sure he'll be back posting when he's ready. In the meantime, we'll all just have to learn to cope without him. :really: :eek: :wink:

fletch
11th-March-2006, 01:03 PM
Kicking whom?

or is that a description of his dancing last night:what:

and when you say you were "with the man last night ", can any inferences be drawn from the statement!!:awe:
'inferences' its to big a word for a blond Brumie:blush:

No the dancing wasn't kicking, if it wasn't for DJ and Mr Darcey the night would have been a right washout:sad:

But the Jive Aces were FAB:worthy:

lets hope the Ball will be better:clap:

WittyBird
11th-March-2006, 01:11 PM
No the dancing wasn't kicking, if it wasn't for DJ and Mr Darcey the night would have been a right washout:sad:

But the Jive Aces were FAB:worthy:

Yes I was so embarrassed :eek: but it was a good night :flower:
Looking forward to tonight tho :innocent:

Lynn
11th-March-2006, 01:14 PM
Well I thought his farewell post was classic, right on no. 5,000.:respect:

If and when he wants to return, he will.:flower:

Yep, like Ducasi I've tried too and never succeeded but if Mr 5,000-posts-in-a-year can walk away that easily, it must be possible. (Of course he could be reading these threads, fingers twitching to reply...)

And DJ, if you are reading this, we miss you.:hug:

Tazmanian Devil
11th-March-2006, 01:15 PM
How long can DJ resist posting on this thread? I'll give him a day.:devil:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :rofl:

Yep, like Ducasi I've tried too and never succeeded but if Mr 5,000-posts-in-a-year can walk away that easily, it must be possible. (Of course he could be reading these threads, fingers twitching to reply...)
:rofl: I have tried also managed it last year for a while but something dragged me back it was like there was a whole piece of my life missing :rofl:

And DJ, if you are reading this, we miss you :hug:
:yeah:

Andy McGregor
11th-March-2006, 02:57 PM
I thought that DJ (along with ChrisA) is nothing but another manifestation in our spacetime of the pan-dimensional mega-being known as Andy McGregor*?:whistle:

*Of course that's not the being's real name. Actually saying the whole name - even if a human could pronounce it - would take 928 million years and cause the universe to suddenly collapse in on itself as soon as it was finished being spoken.
There's another one boarded into a courtroom where he's speaking "The Whole Truth" and scaring the pants off us all.

under par
11th-March-2006, 08:47 PM
I have a plan!

Surely we could entice him back if his reputation was in tatters.....

Why don't we all give him negative rep each day he doesn't post.......until he's as popular as DARK HORSE.

OR as soon as ESG gets close to overtaking his rep he'll be back.....

WittyBird
11th-March-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm sure he will be back in his own time

ducasi
11th-March-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a plan! Anyone who can go cold-turkey after posting 5,000 posts in a year deserves respect, not enticement to return to the bottle.

under par
11th-March-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone who can go cold-turkey after posting 5,000 posts in a year deserves respect, not enticement to return to the bottle.

Oh alright then silly idea I had really.....

El Salsero Gringo
11th-March-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe his boss joined the forum?

Lynn
11th-March-2006, 10:01 PM
Anyone who can go cold-turkey after posting 5,000 posts in a year deserves respect, not enticement to return to the bottle.:yeah: He will probably rediscover that there is life beyond the forum and perhaps will never return. :( Providing he doesn't keep reading. If he can read but not post - then :respect: I know I couldn't!

LMC
12th-March-2006, 01:30 AM
Latin music... bah, what a load of rubbish

If that doesn't work...

Lynn
12th-March-2006, 01:37 AM

If that doesn't work...:rofl: :worthy:

FirstMove
12th-March-2006, 01:39 AM
I have a plan!

Tell me Baldrick, is it a brave and cunning plan? Could have been invented by Fox that has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university...:na:

Tazmanian Devil
12th-March-2006, 08:51 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I found him www.cerocforum.com I logged in and there he was right in frount of me!! He logged off shortly after though but the australian forum shows you who has been on for the whole day and the latest activity by each user :rofl: :rofl:

Hehehehe You can run but you can't hide :devil:

Andy McGregor
12th-March-2006, 09:17 PM

If that doesn't work...:rofl:

Lynn
13th-March-2006, 11:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I found him www.cerocforum.com (http://www.cerocforum.com) I logged in and there he was right in frount of me!! He logged off shortly after though but the australian forum shows you who has been on for the whole day and the latest activity by each user :rofl: :rofl:

Hehehehe You can run but you can't hide :devil: So its just us on here that he doesn't want to associate with then. :devil: I'm sure he is off on other forums, he probably needs to get a forum fix. I couldn't keep up with more than one forum (aside from the local NI dance forums which have about 3 posts per day so are easy to follow).

under par
15th-March-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh Golly Gosh!!!!:confused:

Great news in Forumworld!:yeah: :yeah:

The Great one is alive and well and watching us!:worthy:

I saw a sign today!:innocent:

It leads me to believe all will be okay!:yeah:

Read the Sign from the Hallowed One:worthy: :worthy:

Gender balance control!... 15th-March-2006 09:56 AM DavidJames Nice try...

Do you think I am to be the Messiah????:whistle: The Chosen One or have others recieved a SIGN too?:worthy: :worthy:

Lynn
15th-March-2006, 12:16 PM
Do you think I am to be the Messiah????:whistle: The Chosen One or have others recieved a SIGN too?:worthy: :worthy:Humph! He hasn't given me any rep. :sulk smilie:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:18 PM
Replacing his keyboard

Close. I popped around his the other day and as I peeped through his window I saw this! :what: 4881

Guess we'll have to wait until he gets a knew one!!

Andy McGregor
3rd-April-2006, 09:37 AM
I've just had a very odd PM from DavidJames telling me to look up from my screen :confused:

Ooh! What's that bright light? I think I can hear a voice.

Come towards the light

Is that you David? Where are you?

I'm in the light, just follow it and you'll be in dance heaven. A land flowing (with milk and honey) and not bouncing or jerking or anything. There's a fab floor, air conditioning, great teachers, fabulous partners, inspirational music, ...

HOLD ON! I'm on my way.
.. ooh
OH!

stewart38
3rd-April-2006, 09:46 AM
The great one I hear was spotted a Berko last night

Tis a rumour im sure

Gus
3rd-April-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by DavidJames
I'm in the light, just follow it and you'll be in dance heaven. A land flowing (with milk and honey) and not bouncing or jerking or anything. There's a fab floor, air conditioning, great teachers, fabulous partners, inspirational music, ... Aha ... so Messr James has finally got his butt to Jango? :cool:

Minnie M
3rd-April-2006, 02:55 PM
Andy McGregor
Commercial Operator
3rd-April-2006, 09:37 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: the dreaded 5000 post ........... is the lovely Andy McG going to fall down the same black hole :yeah:

TheTramp
3rd-April-2006, 03:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: the dreaded 5000 post ........... is the lovely Andy McG going to fall down the same black hole :yeah:

We can but hope!! :whistle:

Gojive
3rd-April-2006, 04:03 PM
the dreaded 5000 post ........... is the lovely Andy McG going to fall down the same black hole

We can but hope!! :whistle:

Shouldn't that be "We can butt hope!!" then? :na:

WittyBird
3rd-April-2006, 07:30 PM
The great one I hear was spotted a Berko last night

Tis a rumour im sure

:wink:

robd
7th-April-2006, 04:08 PM
He's still voting on the polls.....................

Lynn
8th-April-2006, 02:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: the dreaded 5000 post ........... is the lovely Andy McG going to fall down the same black hole :yeah:Perhaps! :really:

Meanwhile I am nearing post 4,000...

senorita
13th-April-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh Golly Gosh!!!!:confused:

Great news in Forumworld!:yeah: :yeah:

The Great one is alive and well and watching us!:worthy:

I saw a sign today!:innocent:

It leads me to believe all will be okay!:yeah:

Read the Sign from the Hallowed One:worthy: :worthy:

Do you think I am to be the Messiah????:whistle: The Chosen One or have others recieved a SIGN too?:worthy: :worthy:

well I hope your all sitting down......because I got some breaking news....

now dont get too excited OR sad but....

DJ has turned GOD.....yes GOD!!!! So very becareful & be very scared...as he is watching all of us now, he knows what everyone is doing/thinking/or saying, he is watching and now mind reads :eek: :eek:

TheTramp
13th-April-2006, 12:10 PM
DJ has turned GOD.....yes GOD!!!!

Gay, Outed, (in) Drag?

Donna
13th-April-2006, 12:55 PM
Gay, Outed, (in) Drag?

:rofl:

Lynn
13th-April-2006, 12:57 PM
...now mind reads :eek: :eek: I thought he already did...

DJ has turned GOD.....yes GOD!!!! So very becareful & be very scared...as he is watching all of us now, he knows what everyone is doing/thinking/or saying, he is watching and now mind reads :eek: :eek:Oh goody, can I start a study on this for my next set of lectures on New Religious Movements? :D

Donna
13th-April-2006, 01:01 PM
He still hasn't posted anything since his 5000th post! :rolleyes:

fletch
13th-April-2006, 01:39 PM
He still hasn't posted anything since his 5000th post! :rolleyes:
No but I posted a nice photo of him. :wink:

:respect:

Donna
13th-April-2006, 01:48 PM
No but I posted a nice photo of him. :wink:

:respect:

Where?

fletch
13th-April-2006, 05:08 PM
Where?
Its on the tread 'weekend' 7th 8th & 9th April

I'm on his lap and Clive Long is on the other side

its number 104, i dont know how to do links:blush:

Rhythm King
13th-April-2006, 10:31 PM
DJ has turned GOD.....yes GOD!!!!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Crazy Russian
17th-April-2006, 08:26 AM
I have an idea. Haven't you thought about the following:

David James is still among us. He just changed his nickname and avatar.

Perhaps we should look for him among those who are new to the forum.

Or... :D

It can be anybody! Even me... :wink:

Minnie M
17th-April-2006, 07:09 PM
He is up there (in his alter-ego) looking down on us with you-know-who (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219039&postcount=30) in the land of the "5000" posters :whistle:

TheTramp
17th-April-2006, 11:25 PM
He is up there (in his alter-ego) looking down on us with you-know-who (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219039&postcount=30) in the land of the "5000" posters :whistle:

No stamina some people!! :whistle:

under par
18th-April-2006, 06:31 AM
No stamina some people!! :whistle:
:yeah: :yeah: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :yeah: :yeah:

The Legend that is THE TRAMP:respect:

Andy McGregor
14th-November-2006, 10:53 AM
There's that pesky light again.

I thought I'd done the whole 5,000 posts thing and now I've got to go through it all again :confused:

Lynn
14th-November-2006, 11:39 AM
There's that pesky light again.

I thought I'd done the whole 5,000 posts thing and now I've got to go through it all again :confused:Yes I noticed you were back below 5,000 - what happened? Hope this doesn't mean you're going to disappear again? :hug:

Were some 'outside' threads totally wiped out and posts all deleted? (Not that you'd ever get into a heated debate...:wink:

Lory
14th-November-2006, 11:56 AM
Were some 'outside' threads totally wiped out and posts all deleted?

Yes, we took onboard some of the suggestions and closed some old 'outside' threads ;)