PDA

View Full Version : London next Tuesday

DaveD
10th-March-2006, 09:17 PM
It appears I will be in London next Tuesday and at a loose end in the evening - any recommendations from you forumites :nice:

Dave

LilyB
10th-March-2006, 09:28 PM
Depends on where you will be. In central London there's ISH (near Great Portland Street). In the south-east there's Greenwich. South-west there's Putney, and up north there's Finchley. For details re. location and time, check the main Ceroc website. Those are the ones I would recommend. I'm afraid I can't think of any non-Ceroc venues open on a Tuesday.

DaveD
10th-March-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Lily - I will be in central London. ISH looks like the nearest but what's it like? My previous London trips have been a Wednesday (hence Jive Bar) - how does it compare?

Dave

Rhythm King
11th-March-2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks Lily - I will be in central London. ISH looks like the nearest but what's it like? My previous London trips have been a Wednesday (hence Jive Bar) - how does it compare?

Dave

Nice venue, friendly people, music varies, but usually some good tracks snuck amongst the thump, thump stuff. The teacher is the Australian Simon Borland, very enthusiastic, with a loyal following. He does a brisk Aussie style intermediates class, which can be quite challenging. It can get very busy, but after the consolidation class they usually open the dividing wall, which gives a bit more room. There are usually lots of beginners but some of my favourite dancers are regulars there and it's usually a good night. There is a licensed bar in the venue and free water, and lots of people go upstairs to the student bar afterwards - cheap prices, by London standards.
Be advised that Great Portland Street station has been closing at 10:00pm for works, for the last couple of weeks, so check first if you're going there by tube.

R-K :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2006, 10:08 AM
I've been to ISH. :clap: It was busy, but I had a lovely night and met and danced with RK - what more could a girl want :D

Rhythm King
11th-March-2006, 02:15 PM
I've been to ISH. :clap: It was busy, but I had a lovely night and met and danced with RK - what more could a girl want :D
:blush: Why thank you nicely Ma'am!

Dizzy
11th-March-2006, 02:22 PM
I go to ISH every tuesday :clap: :clap:

If you go, make sure we have a dance :flower:

LMC
11th-March-2006, 03:04 PM
I shall also be there on Tuesday :)

ISH is only 20 or so minutes walk from Kings Cross and less than that to/from Euston, so tube being closed should be no problem :nice:

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2006, 03:23 PM
OK, for any of you ladies who haven't yet had the pleasure, here is a picture of Dave D. He's tall, blonde but might not be wearing the funny hat HTH :D

DaveD
11th-March-2006, 09:35 PM
... might not be wearing the funny hat HTH :D

Definitely won't be wearing the funny hat! Where did you dig that picture up from Tiggerbabe? :eek:

Thanks RK for the tip about Portland St tube

Dave

Seahorse
11th-March-2006, 10:08 PM
ISH is great fun!

Try Regent street tube as this is a 5min walk just west of Grt Portland St tube.

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2006, 12:54 AM
Where did you dig that picture up from Tiggerbabe? :eek:

Be afraid! *muah ha ha!*

Missy D
12th-March-2006, 08:46 PM
I have been to Ish a couple of times. The music was really good but, i found the standard of men was not so. I came up to Ish in September and danced with a lovely man who does Salsa and hoped he would be there again. He wasnt:tears: I danced with a few Australian and New Zealanders but, they do things very differently to the Ceroc i have been taught. It seems they dance, step step drop! step drop, turn drop, return drop, drop lift and end the dance in a yeah youve guessed it a drop. I felt i had whiplash after just one dance with them. I still had a good time there but, then again i havent been anywhere else in London on a tuesday to compare this too.

Missy D
13th-March-2006, 11:53 AM
I have been to Ish a couple of times and loved the music.. It gets a little crowded there and often hot but is a good place to go to on a tuesday in the London area. Cant make it this week:sad:

Dan Hudson
13th-March-2006, 04:39 PM
Greenwich.............its the best in London bar none at the moment..:respect:

foxylady
13th-March-2006, 08:08 PM
You will find quite a number of the (last years') Jive Bar crowd at ISH on a Tues.....:whistle:

under par
13th-March-2006, 08:17 PM
You will find quite a number of the (last years') Jive Bar crowd at ISH on a Tues.....:whistle:

Yeuk! who wants to be with LAST years crowd:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
13th-March-2006, 08:31 PM
Greenwich.............its the best in London bar none at the moment..:respect:

Yes it is fab but only cos you are there :D
Oh and Taz :rofl:

Ghost
13th-March-2006, 11:26 PM
Yes it is fab but only cos you are there :D
Oh and Taz :rofl:
Don't forget Georgious dancer (on the left*) :flower:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4359&d=1140362575
and Wayaay bird (on the right*) :flower:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4814&d=1142165829

And I recall you making an appearance a while back :flower: (The one leading. Taz :flower: , mentioned above, is following*)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7507383616149010274&q=ceroc

Dance in beauty,
Christopher

*For Dave's benefit.

DaveD
14th-March-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeuk! who wants to be with LAST years crowd:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last year is practically now! Only just ditched the flares and cheesecloth shirts :rofl:

foxylady
15th-March-2006, 12:36 AM
Dave, nice to see you down south again... shame we didn't get that second dance.....

Foxy

DaveD
15th-March-2006, 12:51 AM
Dave, nice to see you down south again... shame we didn't get that second dance.....

Foxy

I came looking but you were doing a "double trouble" :tears: Hope to catch up again soon.

I did enjoy my first visit to ISH - must say thanks to Dizzy for the dances and introducing me to a few people - makes a big difference when visiting a new venue :flower:

Dave

Dizzy
15th-March-2006, 12:58 AM
I did enjoy my first visit to ISH - must say thanks to Dizzy for the dances and introducing me to a few people - makes a big difference when visiting a new venue :flower:

Dave

No problem Dave :flower:

I was very nice to meet you and thank you for our dances :hug:
Hope to see you again when you come down next. :clap: