PDA

View Full Version : Friday feeling

stewart38
10th-March-2006, 05:32 PM
Whats the nicest thing you have done in the last year ???

For me it must be phoning my mother and telling her if she wants to book , me and my siblings will take her out for mothers day :yeah:

LordOfTheFiles
10th-March-2006, 05:35 PM
You are a true humanitarian

stewart38
10th-March-2006, 05:37 PM
You are a true humanitarian

yes next year ill do the booking :blush:

LMC
10th-March-2006, 05:37 PM
Making Lord of the Files very happy in about 7 seconds time:

LoF: you have a chiselled jaw.

There. I don't have to be nice until 1639 on 10 March 2007 now.

Well, it is Friday and I've made at least 2 sensible posts today already...

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 05:38 PM
Whats the nicest thing you have done in the last year ???

Probably telling my 11 year old that he could, indeed, have a preying mantis as a pet :eek:

stewart38
10th-March-2006, 05:39 PM
Making Lord of the Files very happy in about 7 seconds time:

There. I don't have to be nice until 1639 on 10 March 2007 now.

Well, it is Friday and I've made at least 2 sensible posts today already...

even when you dont make sense it makes sense to me

LordOfTheFiles
10th-March-2006, 05:40 PM

I have come over all unecessary

But it took 12 seconds

mooncalf
10th-March-2006, 05:42 PM

But it took 12 seconds

you always were unnecessary

Lynn
10th-March-2006, 05:44 PM
Its Friday?

LordOfTheFiles
10th-March-2006, 05:44 PM
you always were unnecessary

Yes but that was more vocational than as a reaction to a compliment.

That goes to show the poor standards of career advisors more than anything else

stewart38
10th-March-2006, 05:46 PM
Its Friday?

yes home time soon :grin: did i tell anyone i have a cold coming ? could be flu of course

CJ
10th-March-2006, 05:52 PM

But it took 12 seconds

12 seconds is quite an improvement but maybe you should get help here (http://www.musicfor2.co.uk/sections/infopages/impotence-advice.html).

LordOfTheFiles
10th-March-2006, 05:53 PM
12 seconds is quite an improvement but maybe you should get help here (http://www.musicfor2.co.uk/sections/infopages/impotence-advice.html).

Did they help you??

LMC
10th-March-2006, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I often seem to have that effect :tears:

CJ
10th-March-2006, 05:54 PM
Did they help you??

not yet:blush:

mooncalf
10th-March-2006, 05:54 PM

do you spend a lot of time on that site?

philsmove
10th-March-2006, 06:05 PM
Its Friday?

Yes its 5pm

And its daylight

And I have finished work

And I’m already home

And the sun is shining:waycool:

And I’m off for a Tango lesson

:cheers:

LMC
10th-March-2006, 06:06 PM
Anyone else going off this guy? :mad:

(Phil - Enjoy :wink: )

LordOfTheFiles
10th-March-2006, 06:08 PM
Anyone else going off this guy? :mad:[/SIZE]

For you, I would go off anyone

Lynn
10th-March-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes its 5pm :yeah:
And its daylight:yeah:
And I have finished work:yeah:
And I’m already home :yeah:
And the sun is shining:waycool: :yeah:

And I’m off for a Tango lesson
:yeah:

:clap:

(Sorry LMC)

El Salsero Gringo
10th-March-2006, 06:11 PM
I've suddenly worked out the value of the Forum; for those of us who work from home, it's like having an office full of people you can natter with and poke fun at.

LMC
10th-March-2006, 06:11 PM
(Sorry LMC)
You have a great evening too :nice: :hug:

LoF - I never knew you felt that way. I was going to say I never knew you cared, but that probably wouldn't have been applicable.

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 06:12 PM
I've suddenly worked out the value of the Forum; for those of us who work from home, it's like having an office full of people you can natter with and poke fun at.
By the way ESG, did you ever get the greyhound?

El Salsero Gringo
10th-March-2006, 06:18 PM
By the way ESG, did you ever get the greyhound?No - I fell in love with a gorgeous German Shepherd / Labrador (I think) cross called Babushka, at Battersea Dogs Home, but they wouldn't let me rehome her because she's too young and too big for city life. So it's unrequited love for me I'm afraid, and no dog will ever take her place.

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 06:21 PM
Aw! :hug:

LMC
10th-March-2006, 06:23 PM
Aw, ESG :hug:

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, she'd have more love and space with you than she does at Battersea. I would have thought your lifestyle was more important - i.e. working from home and having green space close by IIRC from your "Shall I get a dog?" thread.

(General Q to all: ) are we still at work, or have we (virtually) gone down the pub?

El Salsero Gringo
10th-March-2006, 06:30 PM
Aw, ESG :hug:

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, she'd have more love and space with you than she does at Battersea. I would have thought your lifestyle was more important - i.e. working from home and having green space close by IIRC from your "Shall I get a dog?" thread.I thought the same - and the more so because she'd been in the same 6 foot by 4 foot cage at Battersea since last April. She was noted as "not suitable for family with children, needs rural environment" which is a long-term sentence at Battersea. Must go back and see if she's still there...

(still, Tessalicious was looking a bit jealous at the time, so perhaps it's for the best.)

David Franklin
10th-March-2006, 06:35 PM
I thought the same - and the more so because she'd been in the same 6 foot by 4 foot cage at Battersea since last April. She was noted as "not suitable for family with children, needs rural environment" which is a long-term sentence at Battersea. Must go back and see if she's still there...Battersea are somewhat notorious for being really really careful about vetting potential owners. With the result that many perfectly capable dog owners end up getting a dog from a breeder instead, rather than rehoming a stray as they originally wanted to. Easy for me to say, but I think Battersea have got the balance a little wrong.

LMC
10th-March-2006, 06:47 PM
Very disproportionate. All my cats are rescue cats - and the irony of having to fill in a two-page questionnaire about my lifestyle *and* undergo a home visit before I could rehome a cat struck me forcibly when I remembered that people can decide to have children without having to go through all these checks first.

CPL even told me I couldn't have a cat because I was out at work all day (of course it's different with a dog, they have more need for company). My other cats are sufficient company while I'm at work. And there is a catflap. I'm well away from *any* road (let alone a main road) and have a school field next to me. So I told them not to be silly, and they gave in :wink: - so definitely worth a try ESG - good luck.

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 06:48 PM
Easy for me to say, but I think Battersea have got the balance a little wrong.
Sounds like it to me too, I know they need to be careful but :(

El Salsero Gringo
10th-March-2006, 07:08 PM
Sounds like it to me too, I know they need to be careful but :(It feels a bit like the hurdles people have to jump through to adopt children, on a miniature scale.

LMC
10th-March-2006, 07:12 PM
If Babushka has been rehomed and/or you can't get BDH to see the error of their ways, when you have completed the mourning process, perhaps try your local vet? - families needing to rehome pets often ask them to advertise (mine has one of those index card noticeboards with pets wanted/homes needed). That way you'd get some history on the dog too.

CJ
10th-March-2006, 10:30 PM
Do it ESG.:yeah: Get back there (a la corny film) and win your Dog for both your sakes.:tears: tissue anyone??

You owe it to yourself AND to Baboushka!!:whistle: :whistle:

(let Tess get jealous... I'm sure she'll get lots of comfort and support on this kind hearted Forum!!!!:eek: )

bigdjiver
10th-March-2006, 10:47 PM
... Easy for me to say, but I think Battersea have got the balance a little wrong.Battersea is an easy target for a "Boo-Hoo" press story about a dog suffering because it was given to the wrong owner.

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2006, 01:22 AM
let Tess get jealous.
Tess just wanted me to let you know that she's not jealous at all - in fact she's got all her paws crossed that ESG gets his girl :D

fletch
11th-March-2006, 01:47 AM
I have 2 ladies that have reached 'target' with over 4 st in weight lost and according to them it was my inspiration that got them there, one of them is now dancing ceroc on Tuesdays.:respect:

Tessalicious
11th-March-2006, 01:09 PM
I've just come across all these accusations of getting jealous - and I'd just like to mention, in my defence, that if it hadn't been for my encouragement ESG might not even have asked BCDH if he could rehome Babushka. I thought she was beautiful too, and if I'm going to relinquish any of ESG's attention to any dog it would be that one. Oh well *sigh* .

philsmove
11th-March-2006, 03:51 PM
:yeah:

It’s Saturday and I’m trying to work from home

But you guys keep interrupting me

Lynn
11th-March-2006, 05:31 PM
It’s Saturday and I’m trying to work from home

But you guys keep interrupting me:yeah:

(OK, that's the second day in a row that Philsmove has posted what I'm doing. Getting a bit eerie now....:what: )

Barry Shnikov
11th-March-2006, 07:00 PM
No - I fell in love with a gorgeous German Shepherd / Labrador (I think) cross called Babushka, at Battersea Dogs Home, but they wouldn't let me rehome her because she's too young and too big for city life. So it's unrequited love for me I'm afraid, and no dog will ever take her place.
Steady on...

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
11th-March-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't really like Friday nights very much; this is because I know I have to get up at 6am on saturday to go to work (I don't like my job very much) I used to consider Wednesdays my weekend if I ever went out, but now thats gone too as my stupid rehersal schedual has got me in thursday mornings too :mad:

I've always wanted to work or volunteer at a childrens hospital and i'd like to at the summer if they have programs like that, that makes me smile :grin: