PDA

View Full Version : Riot at The Rite

Mary
9th-March-2006, 11:24 AM
If anyone is staying in or knows how to set their video recorder, you might be interested in a drama this Saturday on BBC2 at 9 pm.

It's a dramatisastion about the first performance in Paris of Rites of Spring - the ballet by Nijinsky to Stravinskys piece - and the riot it caused in the theatre. It's quite amusing in places, but it features, as close as possible, the original choreography. It took 15 years to research the notations and sketches by Marie Rambert and Nijinsky.

The other interesting thing to note is that once Stravinksy's music starts it continues uninterupted to the end. So the whole drama is cut and edited to the piece of music. I guess that's not surprising really if you think that this piece was so innovative that it paved the way for music written for films today.

I took Tony to the screening, and he has no real interest in ballet but he enjoyed it.:rolleyes:

M

Mary
11th-March-2006, 12:48 PM
If you are going to the Masked Ball or Red Hot and Blue or wherever tonight, don't forget to set your video recorder - I think some people might enjoy this. Not much in the way of MJ in it tho'.:wink:

M

Diane
11th-March-2006, 07:21 PM
And it has the very gorgeous Adam Garcia playing Nijinsky.:drool:

Lorna
11th-March-2006, 11:33 PM
Just finished and it was FAB!!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Rhythm King
11th-March-2006, 11:51 PM
Just finished and it was FAB!!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

:yeah:

Very interesting and beautifully in focus the whole way through :worthy: :wink:

R-K :flower:

Missy D
12th-March-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh poo i wish i had know this was on! I feel absolutely gutted that i missed it. :tears: