PDA

View Full Version : Anything on in the Midlands this Weekend?

Sheppy
8th-March-2006, 05:45 PM
Does anybody know of anything thats on this weekend in the Midlands? Having just about kicked the bug I picked up at Storm I'm raring to go.

fletch
8th-March-2006, 05:49 PM
Soz i'm in the big metropolis this week end, for the masked ball :clap:

I'll ask and then send you a PM :flower:

jivecat
8th-March-2006, 10:18 PM
Saturday:
Gloucester Ceroc
Bulwell (Nottingham)
Something at St Neot's

Sunday:
Peterborough Ceroc TDance

Might be more. These are the only ones near enough for me.

DavidY
9th-March-2006, 01:47 AM
As well as the ones previously mentioned, I think Nantwich Ceroc is on Saturday night - probably an hour & a bit (?) from Rugby.

bigdjiver
9th-March-2006, 02:18 AM
Saturday:
Gloucester Ceroc
Bulwell (Nottingham)
Something at St Neot's

Sunday:
Peterborough Ceroc TDance

Might be more. These are the only ones near enough for me.Not anything at St Neots that I know of - the freestyle is the week after.

Lou
9th-March-2006, 08:16 AM
Isn't there a freestyle on in Walsall too?

fletch
9th-March-2006, 09:24 AM
Isn't there a freestyle on in Walsall too?
Yes, but it is a very new venue and IF anyone turns up they will be beginners:flower:

Little Em
9th-March-2006, 10:33 AM
peterborough this sunday with the jive aces!!! :waycool:

a week on fri is st Neots!:flower:

senorita
9th-March-2006, 10:58 AM
Not anything at St Neots that I know of - the freestyle is the week after.

http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/org-details.asp?OrgID=398

Sara White jivenites with guest teacher/DJ the one & only Sir Steve Lampert :nice: :worthy:

Tiggerbabe
9th-March-2006, 11:07 AM
guess teacher/DJ the one & only Sir Steve Lambert :nice: :worthy:
ok I'll guess.........it's really Steve Lampert :whistle:

robd
9th-March-2006, 12:31 PM
Illness permitting, I hope to be at both Sara's Saturday in Neots and the T Dance at Peterborough even though the venue is pretty lifeless.

Rob

fletch
9th-March-2006, 01:51 PM
This thread makes my point exactly as to why I have to travel 2 hours+ most weekends to get to a good venue :sad: you would think that the second city had something to offer:rolleyes: its crying out for it.:what:

jivecat
9th-March-2006, 02:35 PM
Sara White jivenites with guest teacher/DJ the one & only Sir Steve Lampert :nice: :worthy:
Oh right, that settles it then.

Lou
9th-March-2006, 08:59 PM
Yes, but it is a very new venue and IF anyone turns up they will be beginners:flower:

I just saw this on UK jive & it made me chuckle....

Walsall Town Hall 'Freestyle Party' Sat 11th March
9 March 2006
The Midlands Newest & Largest Freestyle Venue with 500sq m dance floor - Advanced Class by MAJA plus DJ Ian 'Dark Horse' Morgan

:D

Lou
9th-March-2006, 09:01 PM
ok I'll guess.........it's really Steve Lampert :whistle:
My spellcheque says it's actually Stove Limpet. HTH.

fletch
9th-March-2006, 09:54 PM
I just saw this on UK jive & it made me chuckle....

:D
NO!:eek:

I'v just text him to find out if he is 'THE' Dark horse :confused:

fletch
9th-March-2006, 10:16 PM
NO!:eek:

I'v just text him to find out if he is 'THE' Dark horse :confused:

No its not my 'e' he trying to get on the forum, but he is having trouble registering and he will be 'OXO' when he gets on :hug:

Sheppy
10th-March-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks for all the info folks, :respect: looks like nothing tonight, Bulwell tomorrow and maybe Peterborough on Sunday.
I'll give Walsall a few months to settle down.

DianaS
10th-March-2006, 08:15 PM
This thread makes my point exactly as to why I have to travel 2 hours+ most weekends to get to a good venue :sad: you would think that the second city had something to offer:rolleyes: its crying out for it.:what:
I am SO with you there!!!
This Saturday I'm doing AT in Mosely no jerkers wrenchers or bouncers any where in sight!
But if someone offerend MJ I'd so be there (but there would have to be a bouncer on the door :na:)

bigdjiver
12th-March-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/org-details.asp?OrgID=398

Sara White jivenites with guest teacher/DJ the one & only Sir Steve Lampert :nice: :worthy:Curiousity took me along. There were just over over 40 there, and they ranged from "never done MJ" through to a handful of very experienced dancers, with the predominant level beginner. Steve managed to produce a set with something for everybody, and kept those that could dance dancing. Mostly I danced with the beginners / newcomers, and tried to learn something by watching the quality dancers. Sadly one moment broke the evening for me. I was watching a superb display of musicality, and learning a bit, when the lady pulled down the back of her skirt. It came down just an inch, and rebounded 3/4 of an inch, because it was in the right place anyway. Obviously I cannot say what was in her mind, but it looked like she thought I was ogling her flesh. I hope it was just a habit of hers. It seemed to me that at best I had broken the connection by making it obvious that I was watching them. Having dropped the "watch and learn" I was left with trying to dance :drool: tracks with beginner dancers. Despite most of them being very keen, and some of them being very lovely, I found that I could only take so much of that, and left early.

bigdjiver
14th-March-2006, 01:06 AM
P.S. Thanks to Trampy for giving me my second ever chance to dance to "All that jazz" My partner had only been dancing a couple of months, but she was a dancer, and gave me my best dance of the evening.

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 09:09 AM
P.S. Thanks to Trampy for giving me my second ever chance to dance to "All that jazz"
Wow, is All That Jazz so rare in other parts? :really:

Don't much like the song, but I love dancing to it – fortunately I get the chance very often! :D

senorita
14th-March-2006, 11:34 AM
I found that I could only take so much of that, and left early.

Oh sorry to hear that bigdjiver :sad: