PDA

View Full Version : Stick-on Nail Varish

Minnie M
7th-March-2006, 05:43 PM
For those girlies (and Ladeeees) at Storm, this is the progress of my "Stick-On Nail Varnish" strips

Sunday - Day One:
Sunday lunchtime - took about 5 mins to stick on, should be quicker the next time - then got dressed - no waiting for polish to dry :clap: and no smudges :clap: :clap:

Monday - Day Two:
After three lots of washing up + a couple of baths - still perfect

Tuesday - Day Three:
A bath, 2 lots of washing up and a day at work - still perfect

to be continued ........... until they start chipping then it is off with the nail polish remover

Icey
7th-March-2006, 06:26 PM
For those girlies (and Ladeeees) at Storm, this is the progress of my "Stick-On Nail Varnish" strips

:confused: What are these? They sound rather interesting.

fletch
7th-March-2006, 06:29 PM
I have my nails done at 11am every Thursday and it takes 2 hrs:sad:

and costs about £25 your options sounds FAB but I do like the pampering:nice:

Tiggerbabe
7th-March-2006, 07:13 PM
:confused: What are these? They sound rather interesting.
Not sure where Minnie got hers, but they have stick-on nail varnish in the Avon book. :D

Minnie M
7th-March-2006, 07:13 PM
They are from Avon who are promoting "Desparate Housewives" so you can see the advert of them in some of the breaks - they come in normal colours too :flower:

as demonstrated by me this weekend (excuse the fat fingers - they are not really THAT fat - it was the camera angle:blush: )

Lory
7th-March-2006, 07:35 PM
They are from Avon who are promoting "Desparate Housewives" so you can see the advert of them in some of the breaks - they come in normal colours too :flower:

as demonstrated by me this weekend (excuse the fat fingers - they are not really THAT fat - it was the camera angle:blush: )
I love you madly Minnie :hug: and the Stick on nail varnish idea is :worthy: But I still say the colour is YUK:sick: :devil: :rofl:

Lory
7th-March-2006, 10:53 PM
I think THIS (http://avonshop.co.uk/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=546&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp) may be it, the 7th one down?

Minnie M
8th-March-2006, 02:52 AM
I think THIS (http://avonshop.co.uk/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=546&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp) may be it, the 7th one down?
Yes that's the stuff - still great, no chips yet :clap:

BTW the colour is lovely - however I am running out of blue tops now and I am getting fed up with the colour now ..... but .... in the name of research I will continue with this experiment :yeah:

to be continued..............

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 09:53 AM
Sorry for intruding ladies... I am not planning to start wearing nail varnish any time soon, of the paint-on, or stick-on variety.

However, I'm curious... From this page (http://avonshop.co.uk/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=546&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp) on the Avon web site is says "Two strips of eight in each pack."

Wouldn't two strips of ten be more useful?! :confused:

El Salsero Gringo
8th-March-2006, 09:58 AM
Sorry for intruding ladies... I am not planning to start wearing nail varnish any time soon, of the paint-on, or stick-on variety.

However, I'm curious... From this page (http://avonshop.co.uk/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=546&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp) on the Avon web site is says "Two strips of eight in each pack."

Wouldn't two strips of ten be more useful?! :confused:Thank the Lord - Ducasi, rescue me! I wandered into this thread yesterday, couldn't find the way out - and as the only man within 60 posts I've been too scared to ask for help. Let's stick together, brother, and I know I'll be ok

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 10:23 AM
Thank the Lord - Ducasi, rescue me! I wandered into this thread yesterday, couldn't find the way out - and as the only man within 60 posts I've been too scared to ask for help. Let's stick together, brother, and I know I'll be ok
Don't look to me for help – I'm as lost as you are... I fell asleep in a coffin in the Singleton Sofa and woke up here. :confused:

senorita
8th-March-2006, 10:30 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
8th-March-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank the Lord - Ducasi, rescue me! I wandered into this thread yesterday, couldn't find the way out - and as the only man within 60 posts I've been too scared to ask for help. Let's stick together, brother, and I know I'll be ok*Echos of the Father Ted lingerie dept episode*:rofl:

ShinyWeeStar
8th-March-2006, 05:09 PM

:yeah: I was just wondering the same thing! :confused:

Tessalicious
8th-March-2006, 05:37 PM
Obviously not :rolleyes:

No, really - it's not obvious unless you've ever tried to wear pre-fab nails, so I'm not surprised you ask, but the two strips of eight are (I assume) one wears-worth, but they provide them in varying sizes because everyone has different sized nails. So, you pick the five out of each eight that match most closely to your nail sizes (hopefully it's the same ones on each strip, although not necessarily :confused: ) and the others, which are too big or too small, go in the bin.

Simple really :na:

ShinyWeeStar
8th-March-2006, 05:46 PM
Obviously not :rolleyes:

No, really - it's not obvious unless you've ever tried to wear pre-fab nails, so I'm not surprised you ask, but the two strips of eight are (I assume) one wears-worth, but they provide them in varying sizes because everyone has different sized nails. So, you pick the five out of each eight that match most closely to your nail sizes (hopefully it's the same ones on each strip, although not necessarily :confused: ) and the others, which are too big or too small, go in the bin.

Simple really :na:
Aaaaaaaaah! That makes sense - thanks! :D

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 07:11 PM
Aaaaaaaaah! That makes sense - thanks! :D
:yeah:

I wonder what you then do with the spare six...

Any suggestions?

Tazmanian Devil
8th-March-2006, 07:19 PM
:yeah:

I wonder what you then do with the spare six...

Any suggestions?

Generally throw the spare 6 away :rolleyes:

Hey how did you get out :confused: Who opened the door :confused:
Get back to your coffin :devil:

Tiggerbabe
8th-March-2006, 07:42 PM
Any suggestions?
Keep them, just in case you chip any of the 10 that you've got on your fingernails (hey don't look at me like that! It's the best suggestion I've got and as I wear nail-varnish on average about once every five years I've no idea what I'm talking about. :wink: :whistle: )

Minnie M
8th-March-2006, 08:30 PM
Keep them, just in case you chip any of the 10 that you've got on your fingernails (hey don't look at me like that! It's the best suggestion I've got and as I wear nail-varnish on average about once every five years I've no idea what I'm talking about. :wink: :whistle: )
:rolleyes: :yeah: glad someone on this thread has some sense :flower:

AND they are very flimsy so it is easy to mess one or two up whilst putting them on :really:

DAY FOUR
Forgot to mention I washed my hair on Monday too !

Still not using rubber gloves, did some housework today - lots of washing up and cleaning the cooker etc.

The tip of the left thumb is showing a little wear, I could take it off and re-apply with one of the spare ones - however the other 9 finger nails still looking good.

Will take a photo of them tomorrow to show their current state

(I am impressed they are still on after 4 days and no chips :flower: )

under par
8th-March-2006, 10:25 PM
:

(I am impressed they are still on after 4 days and no chips :flower: )
Keeping up the diet then Lynda:rofl: :flower:

Minnie M
8th-March-2006, 10:34 PM
Keeping up the diet then Lynda:rofl: :flower:
:tears: the real problem is I AM keeping off the :yum: chips :really: :what: :tears:

Heather
9th-March-2006, 02:02 PM

Minnie, Avon are actually sponspring 'Footballers Wives', not Desperate Housewives.
I wondered how good these stick on nail varnish strips were. I sell Avon to the ladies in my school. I've never tried them myself, but I have been asked !
Now I can say ' I know someone whohas used them and.....'
:hug:
Heather

Minnie M
9th-March-2006, 07:17 PM
Minnie, Avon are actually sponspring 'Footballers Wives', not Desperate Housewives.
I wondered how good these stick on nail varnish strips were. I sell Avon to the ladies in my school. I've never tried them myself, but I have been asked !
Now I can say ' I know someone whohas used them and.....'
:hug:
Heather

Hi Heather, yes I think they are FAB - will definitely use them again, next time with a decent colour though :rolleyes:

:blush: yep, 'Footballers Wives' - knew it was one with sassy/sexy ladies in ;)

DAY FIVE
They are looking a bit worn close up, mainly at the tips and cuticles BUT still no chips :worthy:

photo to follow ............... (just took this with my mobile)

Minnie M
10th-March-2006, 04:38 PM
DAY SIX
they look exactly the same as yesterday

I tried to pick at them today but I was unable to :what:

Looks like a winner :yeah: :clap: :yeah:

I am going to take them off tonight BUT only because I am sick of the colour :sick:

Verdict

Definitely lasts a week looking good - well worth the purchase - great for weekenders
:yeah: :flower: :worthy: :yeah:

Lory
10th-March-2006, 05:01 PM
Verdict

Definitely lasts a week looking good - well worth the purchase - great for weekenders
:yeah: :flower: :worthy: :yeah:
On behalf of all the girlies:waycool:

Thanks for putting them to the test for us:clap: :cheers: :hug:

Now girls, what shall we get Minnie to test next?

Minnie M
10th-March-2006, 06:55 PM
Now girls, what shall we get Minnie to test next?
:whistle:
:innocent:

Minnie M
10th-March-2006, 10:02 PM
Final Note:

Using normal nail polish remover my 'stick-on nail varnish' has now gone. It came off reasonably easily, however my nails don't look too healthly, all that extra housework without gloves :sick: they need quite a bit of nourishing now.

Will definitely use them again though, but next time I'll wear my marygolds when cleaning the oven :rolleyes: