PDA

View Full Version : w/e 10th March 06 - Where will you be?

Zebra Woman
7th-March-2006, 05:41 PM
An exciting weekend ahead, so what's everyone doing?

(Sorry for duplicating the Masked Ball poll).

ZW

David Bailey
7th-March-2006, 05:45 PM
An exciting weekend ahead, so what's everyone doing?
Waiting for a poll to tell us where to go... dancing? :innocent:

Minnie M
7th-March-2006, 05:50 PM
going to try and get to Funky Lush :worthy: but wont vote yet as only get one chance of voting and have decided what to do on the other nights

Staying in ......with a migraine?
not her again :rolleyes: :rofl: (as long as she brings her handbag)

clevedonboy
7th-March-2006, 05:52 PM
We're off to Exeter for the weekend swing dance on Saturday and Lindy workshop on Sunday

Paul F
7th-March-2006, 05:54 PM
Im going to try my best to get to the masked ball. Dont think Im going to have time to find a mask though :sad:
I have every evening, including saturday daytime, booked up. I hadn't factored in mask-buying time.

Is it an absolute neccessity. I have had one for the last 2 masked balls i have been to although they did only stay on for 1 dance :nice:
I would hate to miss out just because i havnt got one.

edit - just realise there is a thread about the ball i should have posted this in. If anyone feels inclined to move it feel free.

ducasi
7th-March-2006, 06:05 PM
If I am recovered from whatever bug has struck me down, I may make my way to Dance Demon's Red Hot & Blue on Friday...

Don't see myself making Mama Morton's in Dundee on Saturday though. :(

Msfab
7th-March-2006, 06:10 PM
The Speakeasy dance on Sunday at Burnham is actually from 4pm til 7pm, as was announced last night at Jango.
Unless you want to go a bring and buy thing I wouldnt turn up until 4!:rolleyes:

Paul F
7th-March-2006, 06:23 PM
The Speakeasy dance on Sunday at Burnham is actually from 4pm til 7pm, as was announced last night at Jango.
Unless you want to go a bring and buy thing I wouldnt turn up until 4!:rolleyes:

Couldnt they make it from 6 until 9 :rolleyes: I have lessons all day :sad:

Katie
7th-March-2006, 06:38 PM
Is the Funky Lush venue near a railway station? How far is it from west London?

Any help much appreciated. :cheers:

Msfab
7th-March-2006, 06:48 PM
The nearest train station is Burnham on the First Great Western Line out of Paddington, London. According to the map its 0.7 miles from the venue at Burnham Park Hall.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?local=leisure&scale=10000&title=Funky-Lush%20%40%20the%20Burnham%20Park%20Hall&pc=SL17HR&icon=x

philsmove
7th-March-2006, 10:07 PM
Walls Sports and Social Club, Hammon Way, Barnwood, Gloucester

Dance Demon
8th-March-2006, 08:59 AM
I'll be at Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh on Friday night, and Mamma Mortons in Dundee on Saturday night, with CDs at the Ready

If I am recovered from whatever bug has struck me down, I may make my way to Dance Demon's Red Hot & Blue on Friday...

Be nice to see you along Duncan, hope you can make it:cheers:

Dave Hancock
8th-March-2006, 09:04 AM
Am really looking forward to making Red Hot and Blue for the first time this weekend, heard so many good things about it and got the feeling I'm going to lurve the music.

Then Saturday shall see me head to Dundee for Mama Morton's where I believe they have a pretty decent DJ lined up.

Looking like a good weekend :cheers:

under par
8th-March-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm working Friday evening.

I,m working Saturday and Saturday evening.

Mrs Par is working saturday evening.

I'm working sunday evening.

No sympathetic rep please.

We deserve it I'm sure.

Bad People....

Mrs Par has to avoid dancing for 2 weeks on doctors orders boo hoo:sad:

jacksondonut
8th-March-2006, 11:51 AM
Looking forward to the Masked Ball in Walthamstow...:clap: :clap:

Cant wait to meet up with you guys... its bin a long week so far and am missing in the fun and laughter on the Storm Weekend....

See ya soon
Jan
:hug:

under par
8th-March-2006, 11:58 AM
I did say "no sympathetic rep!"

but thanks for those who didn't take any notice:cheers:

Stuart
8th-March-2006, 05:59 PM
Sadly no dancing for me this weekend. Instead, dinner with friends on Friday and rugby on Saturday. Still, I'll be raring to go the following weekend.

David Bailey
9th-March-2006, 10:04 AM
Chesham is a band / freestyle event (Jive Aces from 9pm), so I'll give that a try...

Miss Conduct
9th-March-2006, 11:17 AM
Im going to try my best to get to the masked ball. Dont think Im going to have time to find a mask though :sad:
I have every evening, including saturday daytime, booked up. I hadn't factored in mask-buying time.

Is it an absolute neccessity. I have had one for the last 2 masked balls i have been to although they did only stay on for 1 dance :nice:
I would hate to miss out just because i havnt got one.

edit - just realise there is a thread about the ball i should have posted this in. If anyone feels inclined to move it feel free.

You can buy them there but I'm sure the ladies won't mind if you don't bother... :wink:

Andreas
9th-March-2006, 02:52 PM
Vauxhall Salsa with live band. That is where I'll be. :cheers:

jacksondonut
9th-March-2006, 03:04 PM
You can buy them there but I'm sure the ladies won't mind if you don't bother... :wink:

mmm yes, why cover up those lovely eyes.... (just about to embark on making my mask... should be rather fun, tons of glitter, and all sorts of stuff....)

*disappears for the rest of the afternoon...*

Tazmanian Devil
10th-March-2006, 08:35 PM
Chelmsford tonight :clap: Some masked ball thing tomorrow :clap: then I wanted to go Ashtons sunday but I have got to work and I totally forgot :tears: :tears: :tears:

Cruella
10th-March-2006, 08:48 PM
Chelmsford tonight :clap: Some masked ball thing tomorrow :clap: then I wanted to go Ashtons sunday but I have got to work and I totally forgot :tears: :tears: :tears:
Aww:nice: memories, Chelmsford was where i first learnt to dance. Is it in the town hall? If so, it's a beautiful venue. Enjoy!

dee
10th-March-2006, 08:52 PM
Looking forward to the Masked Ball in Walthamstow...:clap: :clap:

Cant wait to meet up with you guys... its bin a long week so far and am missing in the fun and laughter on the Storm Weekend....

See ya soon
Jan

I'm looking forward to it too :clap: :clap:

Have the mask but nothing to wear :sick: but sure i will find something

See you all there :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
11th-March-2006, 02:54 AM
Aww:nice: memories, Chelmsford was where i first learnt to dance. Is it in the town hall? If so, it's a beautiful venue. Enjoy!
No it's in a sports centre Nice venue, lovely floor and oodles of space to dance :clap:

Jive Brummie
11th-March-2006, 11:11 AM
Faced with Aberdeen (miles away and it's currently snowing!) or Dundee and Mama Morton's (minutes away), I think it's fair to assume that we'll be heading to Mama Mortons in The Friary (that's in Dundee by the way) to dance the night away with Scotlands best DJ-ing export...the mighty Demon:respect: .

See you all later,

James & Melanie x x

Magic Hans
11th-March-2006, 11:27 AM
Nottingham Bulwell for me on Saturday

... and possibly Peterborough on Sunday (now that my Big Bike's come out to play for the summer!! [.... well Spring!])

jacksondonut
11th-March-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm looking forward to it too :clap: :clap:

Have the mask but nothing to wear :sick: but sure i will find something

See you all there :clap: :clap: :clap:

brilliant idea... lets just wear our masks and not bother with the clothes.... hhehehhhehe, be a bit chilly, but will solve the problem of 'what to wear'...
:rofl:

See you later.

DavidB
11th-March-2006, 03:24 PM
Tempted not to go anywhere. After paying £60 to get into Blackpool last week, another £50 this week (Walthamstow + Burnham) would make it a very expensive March.

Cruella
11th-March-2006, 03:45 PM
Tempted not to go anywhere. After paying £60 to get into Blackpool last week, another £50 this week (Walthamstow + Burnham) would make it a very expensive March.
Whats money, in comparison to all the joy you would bring us ladies if you came dancing.:D You could always charge £1 a dance to pay for your weekends dancing.:rolleyes:

Jive Brummie
12th-March-2006, 02:40 AM
Well, just in from Mama Mortons in Dundee.

IMHO this place is getting better and better. Firstly the Demon's music was top draw, accompanied with the fantastic dances I had made for a top night.

To those I can remember, Aleks, Gail, Isabelle, Linda, Catherine, Alison, Wendy, Heather and not forgetting the wonderful Melanie, (sorry to those I've missed out..the memory is failing:sad: )..thankyou for the dances.

It's been the best night's dancing I've had in ages.

Hope to see you all again next month.

James. x x

Heather
12th-March-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the dance James!!! :hug: Glad you enjoyed yourself. It's you folks who make the night a success!
It was a great night - thanks to everyone who made the journey from Stirling, Perth and Edinburgh - hope you all had a safe journey home !!
The weather here is atrocious- not often we get snow in Dundee - but it's fairly belting down outside today!!!

Fingers crossed it carries on overnight- the buses stop running- that's the magic formula for a day off school tomorrow!:rofl: :clap:

Heather
xx

Piglet
12th-March-2006, 02:54 PM
Faced with Aberdeen (miles away and it's currently snowing!)
Wow! Our snow didn't start until this morning! I was out until the back of 2am and no sign of any then.

Just want to say that I had a fabulous night last night. CJ played some corkers of records/CDs/whateveryouwannacall'em and I had a ball! Loved the Hazel O'Connor one "Will You"

Nice to meet Freya and know who each other are now. Just noticed on here there was a Kriss there.... hmmmm, someone new to route out and discover.

Thanks to Douglas, Gadget and CJ and Paul and Nick who made my evening soooo delightful and of course that special (quite sexy dance) with ClaireS! :respect: I'm jealous of how good a lead Claire is, but I'm very happy to follow anyway :hug: :flower: :hug:

Andreas
12th-March-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the dances, ladies. That was great fun. Huge compliment to the DJs. I have only been at the venue for the past two times but the music you played on both occasions makes this the best Jive event in London for me, by a long shot! :respect: :clap:

Dance Demon
12th-March-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, just in from Mama Mortons in Dundee.

IMHO this place is getting better and better. Firstly the Demon's music was top draw, accompanied with the fantastic dances I had made for a top night.

Had a great time too James. was nice to see the people from Edinburgh & Stirling there, along with the fabby people from Dundee & Perth. didn't do much dancing meself, but really enjoyed the the wee bluesy threesome on the stage with Aleks and Isabelle:yum: ..girls! you made an old man veeerrry happy:rofl:
Stayed over at Wendy and Robbies, and woke up to see an arctic wasteland, so decided to sit it out a bit to see if the weather would break. good choice..coz Robbie makes the best nachos outside Mexico:drool: looking forward to next months Mamma Mortons:clap:

Piglet
13th-March-2006, 02:15 PM
Forgot to add one other fantastic dancer from Saturday night but don't know his name - even though I asked him, but he told me that I would never get it and he was right. All I know is he has a Gaelic name, was dressed in black and is a lovely, lovely dancer. Not sure if he reads the forum, but felt bad for missing him out. I reckon I'm going to have to give him a nickname unless any forumites out there can help me and show me how his name is spelled - maybe I'll have a chance of getting his name then. :rolleyes:

Tiggerbabe
13th-March-2006, 02:35 PM
All I know is he has a Gaelic name, was dressed in black and is a lovely, lovely dancer.
Mmmn, a lovely male dancer dressed in black...........:rofl: might need a bit more to go on there, Pamela :wink:
I'll keep a look out for him in the Latin/Blues Room at the Glasgow party on Saturday :D

Razzle Dazzle
13th-March-2006, 03:13 PM
Quote Dance Demon: Stayed over at Wendy and Robbies, and woke up to see an arctic wasteland, so decided to sit it out a bit to see if the weather would break. good choice..coz Robbie makes the best nachos outside Mexico looking forward to next months Mamma Mortons

Well thank you DD - now if it had been my culinary skills it would have been a very different story I think!

On the subject of Mama Morton's - thanks again to everyone who came along, especially those who came from further afield. As Heather (big sis but getting smaller) said - it's you who make the night a success (well having the best DJ in Scotland helps but don't tell him or he'll get a big head) :wink:

Great to see those who represented Scotland at Blackpool last weekend - Hazel and John - lookin' good, :kiss: Charlie and Fiona (Charlie was working on his next cabaret effort I think!) and of course the lovely duo Melanie and James - I can see why they reached the Advanced finals - smooth, sexy and stunning to watch :worthy: :kiss:

See you all next month at Mama's if not before :)

CJ
13th-March-2006, 03:16 PM
I thought the best DJ in Scotland was having a night off on Sat?!?!???:confused:

Heather
13th-March-2006, 07:28 PM
I thought the best DJ in Scotland was having a night off on Sat?!?!???:confused:

No CJ ! He was alive and well and working hard on the decks in Bonnie Dundee !! You know what they they 'No rest for the wicked' and with a name like Dance DEMON how wicked can you get!!!:rofl:

Heather
xx