PDA

View Full Version : International Women's Day!

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 06:54 AM
:flower:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT HOLIDAYS IN RUSSIA. I THINK IT TAKES SECOND PLACE AFTER VICTORY DAY...

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 06:56 AM
DEAR LADIES! I SINCERELY WISH YOU TO BE LOVED AND VERY HAPPY. I DO WISH ALL YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE!

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 06:57 AM
PLEASE, NEVER FORGET THAT YOU ARE THE BEST CREATIONS IN THE WORLD AND THAT ALL DEPENDS ONLY ON YOU!

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:01 AM
From me and from all Russian men:

---;) :) :) :) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) :) :)---

---;) :) :) ;) :)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:02 AM

---:) ;) :) ;) :)---

---:) :) ;) :) :)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) :) :) :) :)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:03 AM

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:06 AM
---:) ;) ;) ;) :)---

---:) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) :)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:06 AM

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:08 AM

---;) ;) ;) ;) ;)---

---:) ;) :) ;) :)---

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Although Int. Women's Day will be tomorrow but we begin to send our compliments to all women today.

The most sincere wishes,

Anton. :kiss:

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 07:12 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Minnie M
7th-March-2006, 08:08 AM
You ARE crazy Anton - but we love you
:awe: :love: :hug: :kiss: :yeah::hug: :kiss: :love: :awe:

Thank you
:awe: :love: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :hug: :kiss::love: :awe:

Barry Shnikov
7th-March-2006, 02:01 PM
You ARE crazy Anton - but we love you
:awe: :love: :hug: :kiss: :yeah::hug: :kiss: :love: :awe:

Thank you
:awe: :love: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :hug: :kiss::love: :awe:

Think he might have been at the little water?

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 03:48 PM
By the way, how do you celebrate IWD? I mean do you celebrate it like in Russia or like in the USA. I found one Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women's_Day

But the article focuses only on the following: "The 2005 Congress (conference) of the British Trades Union Congress overwhelmingly approved a resolution calling for IWD to be designated a public holiday in the United Kingdom."

David Bailey
7th-March-2006, 04:38 PM
By the way, how do you celebrate IWD? I mean do you celebrate it like in Russia or like in the USA. I found one Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women's_Day

But the article focuses only on the following: "The 2005 Congress (conference) of the British Trades Union Congress overwhelmingly approved a resolution calling for IWD to be designated a public holiday in the United Kingdom."
I believe our lovely Tessa "5 mortgages" Jowell is launching it. Ah, the irony, you couldn't make it up if you tried, could you?

Crazy Russian
7th-March-2006, 08:08 PM
Ah, the irony, you couldn't make it up if you tried, could you?

Make up?! That is the synonyms are "to flatter", "to insinuate", etc.? Do you really think so??? Ha... Ok, that's your own right. My English is bad but I think that I got what you had meant.

You know, I sincerely wished exactly what I wished. Every Russian man would do so. Because in Russia IWD is not some stupid feministic holiday as in the most of countries, but it is the holiday of respect of all women. Perhaps, you, Mr. David James, have got into the habit of humbling them and considering any sincere wish to be hypocritical. That's your problem. But! If there were some other Russians on this forum, they would write what I wrote.

We have a tradition to wish any and every woman all the best on 7,8 March because we love and respect them. (E.g. in a shop. You buy smth and say to the girl (lady) at the cash register: "Happy International Women's Day!"). I don't know may be it is so difficult for you to believe in it. But that's true.

Of course I could understand something wrong but my Oxford dictionary does say: "to make up = to flatter = to insinuate". That's all...

I don't claim Minnie M. She understood what I wanted to say. And I thank her for that. :flower:

Perhaps, when you will meet some Russian one day and he will say on 8 March: "Dear ladies. I wish you... and so on" then may be you will be more clever and won't say to him "3.14ss off! You are stupid hypocrite. And all you say is bullguano" (nice euphemism, isn't it?). I do hope you won't!

So good bye!!!

ducasi
7th-March-2006, 09:20 PM
Make up?! That is the synonyms are "to flatter", "to insinuate", etc.? Do you really think so??? Ha... Ok, that's your own right. My English is bad but I think that I got what you had meant. Nope, I don't think that's at all what DavidJames meant.

He's using "make up" simply as in the creation of an ironic joke.

The irony is that if Tessa Jowell is "launching" IWD in the UK tomorrow, she's currently not the best example of what a modern woman would want to be – she has been made to look stupid due to the actions of her husband.

David Bailey
7th-March-2006, 09:27 PM
Nope, I don't think that's at all what DavidJames meant.

He's using "make up" simply as in the creation of an ironic joke.

The irony is that if Tessa Jowell is "launching" IWD in the UK tomorrow, she's currently not the best example of what a modern woman would want to be – she has been made to look stupid due to the actions of her husband.
Exactly - sorry, Anton, didn't mean to offend you :flower:

I've got no problems with IWD, I've just got problems with Tessa Jowell. I'd prefer it to be launched in this country by someone I can respect, to be honest...

Crazy Russian
8th-March-2006, 08:15 AM
Ok. I'm sorry. :cheers:

I thought so because similar situation had happened to me before.

Moreover "make up" in my Oxford dictionary has only negative meanings. I guess I should throw out it.

Stupid situation, isn't it? :D

Anyway, I beg your pardon, Mr. David James! :respect:

David Bailey
8th-March-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok. I'm sorry. :cheers:

I thought so because similar situation had happened to me before.

Moreover "make up" in my Oxford dictionary has only negative meanings. I guess I should throw out it.

Stupid situation, isn't it? :D

Anyway, I beg your pardon, Mr. David James! :respect:
No problem - and thanks for raising the profile of IWD - there's also a website at
http://www.internationalwomensday.com/, and a list of events in the UK and elsewhere today at http://www.internationalwomensday.com/events/

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 10:01 AM
Happy International Womens' Day to all the female forumites! :flower: :awe: :respect:

Where would we be without them? :sick:

Sparkles
8th-March-2006, 10:15 AM
Actually, I'd never even heard of this before...

David Bailey
8th-March-2006, 10:36 AM
Actually, I'd never even heard of this before...
Apparently, it used to be a big thing in the USSR, then it became parodied in some parts of Eastern Europe, then it re-launched as part of the feminist movement in the 70's, and now it's a corporate-sponsored event in the UK. Interesting history...

LMC
8th-March-2006, 10:36 AM
Nope, me neither - and if there's not an International Men's Day as well, then I actually find the concept rather condescending - it's comes across as any other "Think of a put upon minority group day".

If there is in fact an International Men's Day then I take that back, and IWD is a nice idea - but I can't be a*sed to find out - DJ, we need you...

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 10:54 AM
If there is in fact an International Men's Day then I take that back, and IWD is a nice idea - but I can't be a*sed to find out - DJ, we need you...
Well there is a IMD – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Men's_Day

It's just not recognised so much, maybe because most men can't be a*sed doing anything about it.

LMC
8th-March-2006, 11:13 AM
Darn, thought I'd edited my post, sorry for double - can some nice moderator please delete the first one? :flower: - thank you

If there is an IMD then let's celebrate that as well :clap: - after all, dancing wouldn't be nearly so much fun without 'em :kiss:

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 11:20 AM
Nope, me neither - and if there's not an International Men's Day as well, then I actually find the concept rather condescending - it's comes across as any other "Think of a put upon minority group day". You may find this article interesting reading...

http://www.xyonline.net/downloads/International_Mens_Day.pdf

It gives one man's reasons for rejecting IMD, and at the same time reinforces why IWD is a good idea.

Here's a brief quote...

International Women’s Day began in 1908 in New York as a protest by women against intolerable working conditions and lesser wages. ... International Women’s Day continues to be celebrated each year, on March 8th, as part of protests against the many forms of discrimination and injustice experienced by women.

The notion of an “International Men’s Day” implies that men, like women, are a group systematically disadvantaged or oppressed by gender inequalities. There is no denying that men do suffer limitations and harms under the current gender order, e.g. poor physical and mental health. But it is simply false to claim that men as a group are disadvantaged by gender relations.
The thing is that internationally women suffer "many forms of discrimination and injustice" which men do not. If this day helps to highlight the injustices in the world how can it be a bad thing?

under par
8th-March-2006, 11:24 AM
Is it over yet?

Dreadful Scathe
8th-March-2006, 01:55 PM
International Smurf Day is today - send your platitudes via PM. thanks ;)

under par
10th-March-2006, 02:21 PM
Is it over yet?

It must have finished by now!:what:

Tell me it's over I need to get out to the shops!..... :sick: