PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled for choice in Dundee...

Jive Brummie
7th-March-2006, 12:01 AM
Was perusing the parties and events page and couldn't help noticing that there appears to be a Dundee - Bonar Hall party in July to launch the new regular Dundee party nights...

How good is that! We wait for a regular party night locally for three years and now we've got two!

Mama Mortons every month in The Friary :clap: and now (or soon-to be) a Ceroc party..

A' cannae wait doll'...loads of dancing and we don't have to travel miles...at last:respect:

JB x x

(a happy dancing chappy)

cheeks
7th-March-2006, 01:21 PM
Less travelling means so much more time for dancing :yeah: :clap:

Little Monkey
7th-March-2006, 03:08 PM
We wait for a regular party night locally for three years and now we've got two!

Fantastic news! Just hope enough people will come to these events so that it's possible to keep them going...... Would be good if some of the Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen peeps will come along on a regular basis, too! We've been travelling to attend their party nights to get our dance fix for the past many years, now it's their turn! :D

azande
7th-March-2006, 03:51 PM
Less travelling means so much more time for dancing

We've been travelling to attend their party nights to get our dance fix for the past many years

:whistle:

drathzel
7th-March-2006, 04:08 PM
sounds good! glad you got something on your doorstep! Its hard work and i hope everyone will support it so that it keeps running, if i am in scotland and something is on in dundee i will try and make it through!:hug:

Sheepman
8th-March-2006, 06:58 PM
A' cannae wait doll'...loads of dancing and we don't have to travel miles... Some of us do... :whistle:
Still, it's only a 7 hour tube/train ride from here!

Can someone tell me again why the Northern line doesn't stop in Dundee?

Greg

Jive Brummie
8th-March-2006, 07:52 PM
Some of us do... :whistle:
Still, it's only a 7 hour tube/train ride from here!

Can someone tell me again why the Northern line doesn't stop in Dundee?

Greg

It's in case somebody has the wheels away...:whistle: (JB run's for cover)

Melanie is sat next to me and asks if she can be on your dance card Sheepy if you're at Mama Mortons on Saturday...Ta.

J.

Franck
8th-March-2006, 08:17 PM
sounds good! glad you got something on your doorstep! Its hard work and i hope everyone will support it so that it keeps running, if i am in scotland and something is on in dundee i will try and make it through!:hug:Excellent and it would be great to see you in Scotland soon again as you are greatly missed in Glasgow! :hug:

Re. monthly parties in Dundee, it has taken me just over a year to get a sensible number of regular dates from the Bonar Hall, and I'm so pleased we can now have the first Saturday of every month (from the Autumn) as it's nice and easy to remember and it doesn't clash with any of the other Ceroc Scotland parties, so should help bring dancers from all Scottish cities!
It's also a good time to have more parties as numbers in Dundee, Perth and Brechin have really increased in the last 6 months and we finally have a good base to run parties from.

Hope to see you all in July...

2leftfeet
8th-March-2006, 08:23 PM
Greg
The Northern line runs north and south.
I get on at Dundee for Ashtons, Uxbridge, St Neots, Portsmouth.......
the 7 hour journey just flies in!!
2LF

Heather
9th-March-2006, 09:08 AM
Mama Mortons every month in The Friary :clap: and now (or soon-to be) a Ceroc party..

A' cannae wait doll'...loads of dancing and we don't have to travel miles...at last:respect:
Great isn't it !! As you say 'loads of dancing' and not having to travel for miles. Luckily for the folks in Dundee, if Franck plans Ceroc parties on the first Saturday of the month, they won't clash with Mama Morton's and Dundonians will have 2 modern jive dances in a month!:clap: :clap:
Dundee really will be the centre of the Scottish dancing universe!!!:rofl:
Can I book a couple of dances with the 'Advanced UK Jive finalist' on Saturday?:respect:

:hug:
Heather,
xx

Sheepman
9th-March-2006, 01:21 PM
Melanie is sat next to me and asks if she can be on your dance card Sheepy if you're at Mama Mortons on Saturday...Ta. :sigh: With deepest regrets I have to advise that I would be in BIG trouble if I was in Dundee this weekend. :eek:
Maybe at the next Beach Ballroom, or over that weekend?

Greg

Dave Hancock
9th-March-2006, 02:51 PM
Can I book a couple of dances with the 'Advanced UK Jive finalist' on Saturday?:respect:

Me too, pleeeaaasseee can you have a word with the missus and see if she can let me on her dance card on Saturday, perhaps I could dance with you both and then get to dance with 2 who placed in THE Advanced UK Jive comp.:respect: :respect:

Jive Brummie
9th-March-2006, 07:01 PM
Me too, pleeeaaasseee can you have a word with the missus and see if she can let me on her dance card on Saturday, perhaps I could dance with you both and then get to dance with 2 who placed in THE Advanced UK Jive comp.:respect: :respect:

I'll see what I can do...:wink: