PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Results

Hillel
5th-March-2006, 10:15 AM
I guess with so many people actually at Ceroc Storm or Blackpool there aren't many left near a PC to spread the news on the results. By this time on a Sunday there's normally results, discussion on the judging, the music, the dancers. Has anyone got any news, especially on the advanced section? Thanks.

Hillel
5th-March-2006, 10:17 AM
And before anyone says it yes, I know i can't spell Blackpool!:nice:

philsmove
5th-March-2006, 10:20 AM
only have some

Simon and Elaine won the showcase:clap:

Martin and Sharon won intermediates:clap:

Matt, Becky and Jenny second Double Trouble :clap:

all from or near Bristol

Hillel
5th-March-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks mate. Now go and get the rest!

philsmove
5th-March-2006, 11:44 AM
I, especially on the advanced section? Thanks.

won by Phil and Yoko:respect:

Bex
5th-March-2006, 12:05 PM
Simon Rich (Ceroc TV) won Dance with a Stranger, sorry I don't know who his partner was :blush: anyone know?

Simon Rich & Nicole Beckey (Ceroc TV) came 2nd in the Advanced :worthy: woo-hoo!!

and.........Simon & Nicole also got 3rd in the Showcase!!! :clap:

Well done to everyone who took part, I'm sure it was a fab weekend.

Anymore results anyone?

Daisy
5th-March-2006, 12:49 PM
This additional news comes via Australia !!!:whistle:

Greg (Sheepman) and partner won the Seniors :clap:

Congrats to everyone who won or placed.....you can take a well earned rest now.:respect:

Piglet
5th-March-2006, 12:54 PM
Well done everyone! And thanks for this thread Hillel!

Now? Any photos?:clap:

Lisa G
5th-March-2006, 02:09 PM
Well done to Simon and Nicole! So glad you did well. But who came first in the advanced? I have no idea who was competing. Congrats to Simon and Elaine as well and everyone that competed.

SteveB
5th-March-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi all.....Seeing as this is a Ceroc Scotland forum we are proud to say that James and Melanie from Dundee came third in the Advanced!!!! Well done!! Very well done indeed! A step foward in the right direction for up here!

Look forward to seeing you both later!

Love Burge....x x

Piglet
5th-March-2006, 02:18 PM
who came first in the advanced?
According to post 5 - Phil and Yoko

Thanks Steve for the update on James and Melanie! Brilliant guys! Well done!:flower: :clap: :hug: :hug:

Little Monkey
5th-March-2006, 03:48 PM
:clap: CONGRATULATIONS GREG AND JOY!!!:clap:

Winners of the Old Gits category!:D

And Lindsay from Edinburgh was 3rd in double trouble, and her team cabaret won!

Also, John and Hazel came second in the Seniors!

Well done, guys! :hug:

Piglet
5th-March-2006, 04:20 PM
:clap: CONGRATULATIONS GREG AND JOY!!!:clap:

Winners of the Old Gits category!:D

And Lindsay from Edinburgh was 3rd in double trouble, and her team cabaret won!

Also, John and Hazel came second in the Seniors!

Well done, guys! :hug:
:yeah: Many Congratulations!

Little Monkey
5th-March-2006, 05:06 PM
After having a thoroughly miserable weekend, I've decided that I'll definitely be going to Blackpool next year! So......... Anyone wanna compete in the intermediate with me? :wink:

But before then it's the Scottish champs! :clap:

And I don't have a partner for that one, either......:whistle:

When my doc agreed with me that I should keep dancing as long as my back allows it, I'm not sure she meant dance competitions.....:rolleyes:

Little Monkey
5th-March-2006, 05:12 PM
Other results, to fill in some of the gaps:

DWAS 2nd was James Geary and Yuko, 3rd Trampy and Cath.

Intermediate 2nd was Richard and Wendy Hill, 3rd Clarence Taylor and Elaine.

DJ prize went to Mark Wilson.

Graham W
5th-March-2006, 07:30 PM
Team event won by an excellent Superman routine, I beleive from your area...

Shame it clashed with Storm event..

G

Andy McGregor
5th-March-2006, 08:22 PM
Shame it clashed with Storm event..

GIt is a shame. That meant there were 2 events I was missing rather than one :tears:

How was the attendance at Blackpool? I guess the numbers were down, but how down were they?

Simon r
5th-March-2006, 08:34 PM
Speaking to the host numbers are up this year...

David Bailey
5th-March-2006, 08:37 PM
How was the attendance at Blackpool? I guess the numbers were down, but how down were they?
I'd be interested in attendance figures all around - my feeling is that the events over the weekend - and especially Friday night - stretched the numbers of MJ dancers to the limit. Certainly, in the Southeast alone, there were 3 large-ish freestyles and Storm - and I suspect numbers were down at the freestyles. At Ashtons, I'd say there were around half the normal number.

With Friday, we may have reached saturation point, dance-wise.

ShinyWeeStar
5th-March-2006, 09:48 PM
we are proud to say that James and Melanie from Dundee came third in the Advanced!!!! Well done!! Very well done indeed!

DWAS - 3rd Trampy and Cath.
:yeah: Congratulations everyone! :worthy: :respect: :clap:

Bill
5th-March-2006, 09:56 PM
Congratulations to everyone who competed and of course especially to all the Scots ( and Scots based dancers) who reached finals. I think the only final where there weas no Scottish representation was the Intermediate.

I think a very special mention should go to Avril and her partner who made the DWAS final and (IMHO) danced as well as any couple to the second track and were unlucky not to be placed. Well done Avril.

And of course a huge thanks to Lynsey for her choreography and to all the members who made the teram event so much fun. Thanks a lot guys. Wonder what I do with a Superman costume now .....:rolleyes: :whistle:

Heather M
5th-March-2006, 09:58 PM
Congratulations everyone! :worthy: :respect: :clap:

:yeah: congratulations! :yeah:

ducasi
5th-March-2006, 10:17 PM
:yeah:

Big congratulations, to all the couples and teams who competed, just having the guts to put yourself forward like that takes guts. :hug:

The atmosphere was great. I've no idea how many were there, or whether it was up or down, but there were loads of folks and everyone in the crowd were clapping and cheering their local heroes...

Of course, the Scots were the loudest, though some other bunch brought air-horns to try and out-do us... :rolleyes:

One Scot who did really well, not mentioned so-far, was Paul (Pretzelmeister) who reached the final of the Lucky Dip. :worthy:

And I think both Scottish teams deserve much respect. :respect:

Lindsay's team were superb – and that's two in a row for her! :clap:

The other Scottish team also did really well I thought. :worthy:

(Can I just say that, personally, I got exactly the result I was hoping for – out in the first round of the lucky dip! :D)

Mostlysane
6th-March-2006, 12:13 AM
I'd be interested in attendance figures all around - my feeling is that the events over the weekend - and especially Friday night - stretched the numbers of MJ dancers to the limit. Certainly, in the Southeast alone, there were 3 large-ish freestyles and Storm - and I suspect numbers were down at the freestyles. At Ashtons, I'd say there were around half the normal number.

With Friday, we may have reached saturation point, dance-wise.
Very true,
I've never seen hipsters so empty. There was room to dance all night.

Baby Peaches
6th-March-2006, 12:30 AM
What a fabby weekend in Blackpool!! Mega congrats to all who competed and especially to those who placed. It was great to watch you all.

Special congratulations to all the Scotties who placed too!! The team cabaret was brilliant!!:respect: to Lynsey and her team and to Elaine and Simon for another fantastic performance!

Great atmosphere too, (especially on our scottish side)! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ste
6th-March-2006, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=Bex]Simon Rich (Ceroc TV) won Dance with a Stranger, sorry I don't know who his partner was :blush: anyone know?

QUOTE]

Sung Yee !

Baruch
6th-March-2006, 01:58 AM
I suspect numbers were down at the freestyles.
I was at a freestyle in Bristol on Saturday and it was packed like a sardine tin!

McJester
6th-March-2006, 03:08 AM
One Scot who did really well, not mentioned so-far, was Paul (Pretzelmeister) who reached the final of the Lucky Dip. :worthy:

And I think both Scottish teams deserve much respect. :respect:

Lindsay's team were superb – and that's two in a row for her! :clap:

The other Scottish team also did really well I thought. :worthy:

Much :respect: to the Pretzelmeister....

To the Superheros (Lindsay's team) well done, glad it was a Scottish team that won.

And to the rest of Denise's team ( Double Booked ) thanks guys :love:
I have had a total blast training and competition with you all .... and I'm looking forward to getting together soon :hug: you guys feel like family

And finally to the lady herself Denise Salvona you took a bunch of jivers and made us ballroomers there isn't enough :respect: icons for the work you did.

:hug:

Peter

marty_baby
6th-March-2006, 11:15 AM
Hiya All!

Blackpool was a real experience!
Some personal opinions:

Favorite move of the competition:
The "waterdive" aerial of Lyndsey and Graham's. It really was something artistic - the pose Lyndsey shaped over Graham's shoulder was admazing.

Most funny bit:
Simon and Keeley funking it to the 2nd song in the Advanced final. The girlies sitting next to me were cheering and going crazy like a pack of horny puppies!.... Led outrageously by Anne and Sharon!.... oooh man... :rofl:

Proud of the Bristol/Cardiff posse:
The Advanced competition was simply scary OTT. All the big hitters, who normally are in an "open" catagory above the advanced catagory, were all lumped into the same catagory. The Bristol/Cardiff crowd did themselves proud in the face of the competition, and had totally the right attitude. It was awesome to see all of them walking onto the dancefloor together with the big guns for the heats.

Most important lessons learn't:
1. Save a little energy for the Afterparty - I missed out there by the sounds of it! (I did make an apperance for a short while, but apparently it really warmed up a bit later... 4am??? ... oh thats another lesson - don't kip near Mark if you do turn up... he will cover you in beer or champange!)
2. Bring a fog horn next time!

Some Thank yous:

A special "thank you" has got to go to ElaineB. Sharon and I would not have won the intermeadiates without you!... ElaineB - The most complete female dancer on the planet! Admazing dancer, Competition guru, wonderfully supportive, the binding life and soul of the Bristol dance competition commutiny. When everyone cheered when you and Simon won the Blackpool showcase - it was because we all admire you as people, dancers and friends :hug:

...and a huge thanks to everyone else, you all know who you are, and how your words of wisdom have translated onto the dance floor for Sharon and I. (I'll leave it there... rather than carry on blathering! :respect: )

Cheers
Martin
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz still!....... :worthy: :hug: :D

Donna
6th-March-2006, 11:55 AM
Well what can I say?!!!! :tears: The competition bit was a total disaster!!! Steve found the floor very very slippy and it just went totally wrong from beginning to end!! Hope I didn't flash too much on one of the drops! :blush

I've even ordered my DVD and think I will send it off to 'you've been framed!!' At least I'll win £250 that way!:D

Anyway the freestyle bit was the best. Thanks marty baby for the great dances and again congratulations on winning the intermediate!! :respect: :worthy:

Was nice to meet Steve Hitman and Ducasi! Sorry to Trampy for not getting around to dance with you! :sad: I only had three hours kip that night due to Steve's clutch cable snapping on the way and we got to blackpool just after 3 a.m, so refused a dance with trampy as didn't feel so good.

Trampy - I did wait for you after but, lots of women were throwing themselves at you so didn't get the chance after!! :grin: Next time!

Congratulations to all those who got placed.:respect:

Elaine and Simon - great performance as usual! Are you doing it at Ceroc London? Pleeeeeease?

ElaineB
6th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
Oooh, were do I start!

Well firstly with the organisers! Well done Guys, another brilliant year! We turned up for the checking in around the peak time and were through in very quick time! The event ran to time, more or less, so again, Brownie points earned! I didn't find the floor a problem, but after Brighton (very fast or what! :eek: ), I had new dance shoes with virgin suede!

Next to our Bristol/Cardiff mob:

Congratulations to Mark Wilson, who won the best DJ slot.

Mark and Jackie put on a good performance in the Advanced to get to the Semis, as did Matt and Beckie. Simon and I made it to the final and were just completely gob smacked to be up there with the big hitters - we didn't get placed, but as we only hoped to get through one round, were more than pleased with the result. Jenny and Danny, Graham and Lyndsey, and Mark and Lizzi all put on amazing displays and were unlucky, very unlucky, not to get to the Semis. As you know, the Advanced has a huge 'cull' in the first round and is a very tough environment to dance in.

Alex and Lin did the Seniors proud with their performance in the final, but Sue had to contend with Garth being ill, so was given a partner she had never met before. Congratulations to all three of them, as ever, strutting their stuff brilliantly! Garth seemed a bit brighter today, so hope he is fully recovered soon. If anyone knows who stepped in for Sue, can you let me know, as Sue wants to thank him.

Marty and Sharon were wonderful in the Intermediates and I must confess, I had a tear in my eye when there names were called for first place! Well done you two, you have worked so hard!

How on earth Simon and Keely can just do about two hours practice and get to the final of the Advanced, I just don't know! Well I do really, raw talent!!!!! Well done you two!

Also a mention to Ginger Jive - Kerran, Lucy and partner won the double trouble with a very good performance, just pipping our lovely threesome to the post. They were also very vocal supporters for Bristol and Cardiff - thanks Guys!

:respect: :respect: :respect:

I would just like to say that Simon and I were extremely touched by all the kind comments and the support that has been given us over the past few months with the Showcase. To win the Blackpool showcase section was the most amazing experience! The roar from our crowd was incredible and will stay with us for ever (now need a hearing aid!). Special thanks as ever to Jenny Harrison for inspiration and giving us the required 'kick up the a*se'. Also to Mark and Jackie who have supported us from the very beginning of our competitive career.

The Blackpool party gets better and better every year! The party in Jackie's bedroom moved over to Janice's cosy little boudoir about 2.30am, as we were making too much noise for the neighbours! Simon Bowker ended up in a pair of pink pyjamas (verrrry fetching!) and Danny looked very sporting in Janice's dressing gown (just too comfortable for words!). Jackie got to the stage when her joke telling was more funny than the jokes and Janice was catching olives in her cleavage! Leslie, Janice and Sue did a wonderful version of 'are you lonesome tonight', with Mark Wilson backing as the pub drunk....................... I think the number in the bedroom reached 32 - we had to leave the door open, as we couldn't all fit in. Oh yes and Viktor made an appearance - but I think may have regretted it! Call after call for body rolls!

Sorry if all that sounds a bit 'Oscarish', but hope those of you not involved, will forgive me!

And lastly - well done again Jackie for organising the trip - thank you!

Elaine

PS - Another EMail to cover the other bits follows!

drathzel
6th-March-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi all.....Seeing as this is a Ceroc Scotland forum we are proud to say that James and Melanie from Dundee came third in the Advanced!!!! Well done!! Very well done indeed! A step foward in the right direction for up here!

Look forward to seeing you both later!

Love Burge....x x
:yeah: fan-bloody-tastic guys!!!!:clap: :clap:

ElaineB
6th-March-2006, 12:25 PM
Many, many congratulations to Scotland for winning the Team event! I was about to get changed when I saw you walk on in your outfits and just had to stay to watch! You were brilliant and some of the bits were really funny! Having been in a team, I know how hard it is to keep it all together - really brilliant! :respect:

The Advanced was won by Phil and Yuko, Simon and Nicole were second and James and Mel were third! :respect: :respect: :respect: Simon and Keely, Simon and myself and Tom and Vicki were also in the final! I can't comment on the dancing of those around us, as I didn't see it, but I undertstand that the standard of those placed was awesome. I would just like to say that I did see Tom and Vicki dance in an earlier round and they were fantastic - their day will come soon, I am sure!

Mary and Tony put on a brilliant display in the Showcase and I am gutted for them that they didn't get a place. :hug: The umbrella routine was also very clever.

What a wonderful atmosphere Blackpool has! The comeraderie is second to none - we are looking forward to coming back next year! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had some lovely dances post event, but was so pleased to have a dance with BTC Bill again - it has been nearly two years, but well worth it! Thanks Bill!

Elaine

Lorna
6th-March-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

got back yesterday and was greeted by my 2 girls, (3 yrs and 18mths) shouting 'mummy' at the top of their voices. I really miss them when I'm away..:sad:

So what did I think of my first time at Blackpool?

Friday night was the best night for me. I had loads of great dances, the music was fab. Was a bit disappointed with the timing of the class. I thought it was supposed to be at 9pm??? But anyway, didn't spoil things too much, I was having such a great time. :clap:

Didn't get any sleep on Friday night.. the nerves were building up for my first serious competition. However, the day went really smoothly, was well organised and seemed to run to time. Well done C2D team!!:clap: :clap:

Competition bit was ok. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be. In fact I really enjoyed it. We were really pleased with our dance but I don't think we would have had anything else to give if we had got through to the next round. I have taken a lot away from it to use and work on for next year. Thank you Brian. You know how terrific I think you are. :hug: It was a great experience for us and we will definetly be competing again next year.

The Saturday party wasn't as great for me. I was knackered and I actually went upstairs for about half an hour and had a lie down. But I did make it to the end. I just can't party the way I used to. :blush:

Now to everyone else...

Firstly I would like to thank all the Scottish supporters. You guys were really great. Thank you :flower:

BIG congratulations to Mel and James. You danced really well and thoroughly deserved 3rd place. :clap:

Huge well done to Lindsay and her team. By far the best. Loved it.
I saw Elaine and Simon at the Scottish champs and was glad to get to see the same routine again. Well done you two. :worthy: So pleased that John and Hazel got placed in the seniors. You guys know how great I think you are. I hope you are pleased. You gave a cracking preformance in the final.

Well done to my good mate Trampy on third place in DWAS. Well done also to Avril and PrezelMeister and Sheepman. (Thank you for those lovely dances towards the end of the night Greg, :flower: )

Congrats to all the winners and all the other competitors.:worthy:

So all in all a great first time, both at Blackpool and at competing.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Mostlysane
6th-March-2006, 04:05 PM
Simon Rich (Ceroc TV) won Dance with a Stranger, sorry I don't know who his partner was :blush: anyone know?

Simon Rich & Nicole Beckey (Ceroc TV) came 2nd in the Advanced :worthy: woo-hoo!!

and.........Simon & Nicole also got 3rd in the Showcase!!! :clap:

Well done to everyone who took part, I'm sure it was a fab weekend.

Anymore results anyone?

Awesome results guys :nice:

Oooh, were do I start!
Also a mention to Ginger Jive - Kerran, Lucy and partner

Partner=Jackie :nice:

Mary
6th-March-2006, 04:49 PM
So Simon Rich got a full house with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. :respect: :respect:

Well done Simon, and Nicole did you proud - she looked fabulous. Oh, I guess you looked OK too. :whistle:

Simon and Elaine a jolly well-deserved win - I still reckon it's that flippin' dress that does it. :wink: :D And also huge congrats to Marty Baby - you came up trumps mate.

Lindsay produced the goods once again. :worthy: :worthy: :clap:

Bit of a mention too for my old dance partner Greg and Joy who also came home with a large flashing butt plug (ooops, am I allowed to say that?).

And I would just like to say a big well done to everyone who took part - the standard just keeps getting higher each year, so if you were placed at all in any category then massive :worthy: :worthy: :respect: :respect:

C2D managed to put on a great event once again. Thanks guys. :hug: :flower:

M

Bill
6th-March-2006, 05:44 PM
I had some lovely dances post event, but was so pleased to have a dance with BTC Bill again - it has been nearly two years, but well worth it! Thanks Bill!

Elaine

It was my pleasure Elaine. Seems like a long time since we were partnered in the Lucky Dip at London and haven't you takent he dance world since then !:D :cheers:

You were terrific in the Advanced final and in the cabaret. I must get down your way soon to have a few more dances and meet all the other great dancers you have down there.

Congratulations again to everyone who was placed .

Given all the positive feedback I would make one plea for change for next year. Please Tony and co. give the Double Trouble teams 2 tracks to dance to. Some folk only do that competition and to travel all that way for one track hardly seems fair. Two slightly different tracks might also be more challenging for the trios and show their skills and their musical interpretation. Every other final has 2 tracks so why not the 2 DT 'finals'.

Dance Demon
6th-March-2006, 06:39 PM
So what did I think of my first time at Blackpool?
Friday night was the best night for me. I had loads of great dances, the music was fab.

Ta Lorna. I've got the playlists that CJ and me played on Friday night, and will post them on the DJ section. ( well I only wrote down half of mine, so will have to get the thinking cap on to remember the bluesy last hour)
My competing days are now over I think. i'll stick to DJing now. Huge congrats to all the people who came away with prizes. Lindsay came up trumps again with the team cabaret. Two first places and a second place in the last three comps ain't a bad record. Well done to the Nottingham crew as well. They are fast becoming the main competition in the team event. was really chuffed that James and Melanie were placed in the advanced section. They have come a long way in a short time, and I don't think it will be long before they get that first prize spot. Well done to John & Hazel in the seniors. Hazel is a joy to watch and is so full of fun. Congrats to Greg & Joy for winning the seniors. The competition in this section gets higher every year.
All in all, another great weekend. Blackpool is a one of a kind type of event, and I love going there every year. Well done Tony and all the Chance2Dance crew for all their efforts once again, and I'll look forward to another great event next year:respect:

Lindsay
6th-March-2006, 06:44 PM
Another fantastic competition by C2D team :respect: :worthy:

Highlights were watching Hazel & John dance in all their heats/final, watching the advanced finals (how hard was that to judge!!), all the spotlights (particularly likes the umbrella one), all the other teams- esp. Jive Addiction :worthy:, some lovely dances with Andy Flemz and Nigel, meeting Tor's bump, Jon Brett's groovy set, Viktor in his pink shirt, and most of all the huge amount of support from all the Scots given to each other was fantastic.

Re. team, am still buzzin'... & nothing to do with what Morven brought in her suitcase. Thank-you "superhero" team - anyone who has been involved in a team knows the level of effort involved. Feedback from people has been SO nice, thanks so much, and have had some choreography work offers at other events which is very exciting. Couldn't have asked for a nicer team to work with, makes it all so much fun :nice: :awe: And the "ballroom meets jive" team from Scotland were great, brilliant routine & amazing costumes Denise!

Please Tony and co. give the Double Trouble teams 2 tracks to dance to
:yeah: You get 2 @ Scottish comp., more time to relax into it, less panic to pack in as many moves into 3mins (which feels like 20secs).
Kerrin, Lucy & Jackie - you were awesome in DT- your lead & follow is unbelievable.

Looking forward to next year :clap:

TheTramp
6th-March-2006, 07:29 PM
Well done to everyone at Blackpool. It was a great weekend.

Thought that James & Melanie did very well in the final, and Melanie seemed very happy with the result :rolleyes: I had them in 2nd place. What a shame that I was wrong!

SimonR & Nicole :respect:

The teams were both great. The superhero one was certainly amusing to watch.

Thought that John and Hazel danced fantastically well in the seniors final too. Took a great performance by Sheepy and Joy to deny them 1st place.

Well done again to all the other Scots, forumites and everyone else that danced so well all through the day. Especially those that were there for the 1st time :flower:

Had some lovely dances in the evening too, when my legs had recovered enough. Especially the fast one with Jamie!

jammy
6th-March-2006, 07:41 PM
Had some lovely dances in the evening too, when my legs had recovered enough. Especially the fast one with Jamie!
thanks for the mention trampy it was a really good fast one, one of our best ones yet!!

well done everyone!!!!:respect:
should hope to get down next year i really enjoyed myself

thanks to everyone who i danced with in freestyle!

jammy

Missy D
6th-March-2006, 11:22 PM
Would love to see some photos of the event:flower:

Jive Brummie
6th-March-2006, 11:24 PM
Can only echo everyone elses comments.

Well done first and foremost to the Chance 2 Dance posse. So much work must go into creating the best jive competition the uk that after a while i guess we may take it for granted...but huge respect to you all:respect: . Everything ran smoothly, it was great to have the odd Scottish mention now and again:whistle: and the competition was great.

Excellent to see so many north-of-the-border'ers doing so well. Lindsay's cabaret was fantastic and rightly deserved it's top spot, John & Hazel were tremendous and it was great to see so many Scot's and Scot's based competitors in finals.:respect:

And finally...

A huge, huge thankyou to my fantastic dance partner and fiance Melanie. We had hopes of making the final this year after last years 'effort' but to get placed was overwhelming. We couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the weekend... The Scottish support was brilliant as ever and made the day even better.

Hope everybody else had as good a time as we did:clap: . Can't wait to see the DVD...

J & M x x

ducasi
6th-March-2006, 11:30 PM
Would love to see some photos of the event:flower:
I took a whole bunch of photos until my battery gave up – silly me took a spare battery to Blackpool and then left it in the hotel... :rolleyes:

I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but I fear for their quality. It's tough taking pictures in low-light conditions without a flash of (relatively) lots of people moving around.

I also find that I didn't take any photos of people not dancing, so, in particular, you'll miss seeing how beautiful Donna was in her costume.

Oh well...

I'll let you all know if any are worth posting. :nice:

ducasi
7th-March-2006, 12:22 AM
I'll let you all know if any are worth posting. :nice: OK, had a quick look...

I took over 100 photos on Saturday – the best were of the beach, promenade, and views of the big roller-coaster behind the hotel, etc...

But you're not interested in them...

Of the about 80 photos from the event, I've picked out 14 that seem to be half-decent quality. (None of them are really great.)

No apologies that they are mainly of Scottish couples and Lindsay's Superhero team. Apologies that I missed many other Scots, and didn't get any decent pictures of Denise's Jive Meets Ballroom (Double Booked) team. Sorry.

I've attached the one I like the most, but all of them can be found here (http://ducasi.org/pics/blackpool06/). (Sorry that the connection to my server is so slow. :() (EDIT: In case, it's not obvious, click the small photos to see bigger versions of them!)

I know names of most (all?) of the Scottish couples in these photos, but not everyone in all of them. I'll be updating the page to include these details maybe tomorrow if I get time.

Let me know what you think... :flower:

skippy
7th-March-2006, 01:25 AM
A huge, huge thankyou to my fantastic dance partner and fiance Melanie. We had hopes of making the final this year after last years 'effort' but to get placed was overwhelming. We couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the weekend... The Scottish support was brilliant as ever and made the day even better.

Wish I'd been there to see you all.:tears:
Glad to see yet again the Scottish supporters didn't let any of you down. I was shouting form Dundee but you may not have heard me!!!:clap: :clap:

Well done to all who got placed and for those how didn't better luck next year....:hug:

Keith
7th-March-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi guys,
Just sitting down to write my dance news letter & thought I’d have a quick look in & say a few well done’s & congrate’s;
Firstly To Melanie & Jive Brummie as always looking great & showing us all that you can have fun, even at the highest levels.
To Phil & Yuko, never faltering
All Simons’ & respective partners, always there in the finals & always enjoying yourselves.
Well done to all the double troubler’s & all teams, each year these areas go from strength to strength & become more innovative & complex.
Not forgetting all those up & coming stars, who may be entering for the first time, or stretching themselves towards the Advanced section, and those in the senior section, kings & Queens of musical interpretation!
A huge congratulation to the organisers Tony, Angie & Sue, six months of work condensed into two days of dance, well done. :respect:
Finally to all the C2D team for holding it all together, DJ’s, Judges & Helpers

Well done everyone :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith

ElaineB
7th-March-2006, 08:33 AM
OK, had a quick look...

I took over 100 photos on Saturday – the best were of the beach, promenade, and views of the big roller-coaster behind the hotel, etc...

But you're not interested in them...

Of the about 80 photos from the event, I've picked out 14 that seem to be half-decent quality. (None of them are really great.)

No apologies that they are mainly of Scottish couples and Lindsay's Superhero team. Apologies that I missed many other Scots, and didn't get any decent pictures of Denise's Jive Meets Ballroom (Double Booked) team. Sorry.

I've attached the one I like the most, but all of them can be found here (http://ducasi.org/pics/blackpool06/). (Sorry that the connection to my server is so slow. :() (EDIT: In case, it's not obvious, click the small photos to see bigger versions of them!)

I know names of most (all?) of the Scottish couples in these photos, but not everyone in all of them. I'll be updating the page to include these details maybe tomorrow if I get time.

Let me know what you think... :flower:

Yay, well done Ducasi! The one that you have attached to this is of Mark and Jackie of Cardiff - and those are my trousers! I'll have to get them back as she looks far too good in them! :D

Elaine

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2006, 11:47 AM
Congratulations Everyone

Me and Fi were not around as much as we would have liked but saw a good part of the day. We were very happy to be Superhero's too ;) Thanks Lindsay. 108 points out of 90 for our team score according to the c2d website - we must have given it more than 110% :)

Congratulations to the best dancing couple in Scotland - James and Melanie, a well deserved place. I thought the Advanced was an even higher standard than last year. Is there a Jivemasters again this year? :)

Well done Sheepy and Joy on your senior win :) sorry, I never got to dance with Joy!

Well done Simon and ElaineB for the showcase win :)

A good day had by all. As usual, its very nice to see everyone and it would be even nicer if I could get round to actually having conversations with everyone too. I hugged ChrisA though, it was worth going just for that ;).

The atmosphere was great as usual, although I must admit I found the air-horn a little annoying, can't you just cheer louder rather than resorting to artificial noise?

TheTramp
7th-March-2006, 11:58 AM
108 points out of 90 for our team score according to the c2d website - we must have given it more than 110% :)

Yeah. There's obviously something wrong there, cos according to the website, we came first in the lucky dip (I was number 41).... :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah. There's obviously something wrong there, cos according to the website, we came first in the lucky dip (I was number 41).... :rolleyes:
maybe the website is correct and they announced it wrong - demand your trophy now :)

Jive Brummie
7th-March-2006, 12:09 PM
it also says that Matthew & Becky were 3rd in the intermediate section, although i'm sure they entered advanced.....:confused:

fc x

TheTramp
7th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
it also says that Matthew & Becky were 3rd in the intermediate section, although i'm sure they entered advanced.....:confused:

fc x

They did. I thought that they must have entered both when I saw that. But they were definitely in the advanced section.

dark horse
7th-March-2006, 12:17 PM
Phil and Yuko won the advanced. About time :respect:
Great weekend, Great dancers, Great venue.

Almost an Angel
7th-March-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi guys,

Congrats to the winners and :respect: to all those who competed at the weekend.

Shame I couldn't make it up, just about up with who won what, however I did hear a rumour there was some contraversy regarding the DWAS anyone who was there and in the know care to fill me in?

I'm in need some gossip as I've just had an operation to repair the cartilage in my hand so I'm off work with my arm in a sling, with lots of bruises up my arm...nice.

ps typing one handed (and the wrong hand) is not easy either.

marty_baby
7th-March-2006, 12:34 PM
Hiya Guys,

The C2D web page for 2006 hasn't been fully updated yet. Looks like the 2005 page was used as the template for the 2006 Hall of fame. There is a mish mash of 2005 results on the 2006 page at the moment, which haven't be replaced by the 2006 results just yet....

No problems - the C2D crew have worked overtime over the weekend - and will get round to finishing the 2006 page off sometime this week I bet.... Everyone who went still needs to catch up on sleep!.... :rofl:

Matt and Becky only entered the Advanced section this year. The "intermeadiate 3rd" entry for them is from last year. The Marks apparently are comparative to who was in the finals on the Day, and not benchmarks for future years. Last year, they were up against Stiff competition (Tom and Vicky, who made it it into the Advanced FINALS this year - for example!), and the points were totally comparative for the day.

My personal opinion is that Matt and Becky performed really well this weekend, and had a brilliant attitude in light of the stiff competition. It was great to see them lined up with the very top dancers, and walking out onto the dance floor almost like soldiers going to do battle... A real learning curve for them I bet!

Cheers
Martin

dark horse
7th-March-2006, 12:43 PM
I also think we should all step back and thank c2d for the hard work they all put in.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
No doubt they are already working on 2007

marty_baby
7th-March-2006, 01:00 PM
I also think we should all step back and thank c2d for the hard work they all put in.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amen to that! :worthy:

:cheers:

cheeks
7th-March-2006, 02:04 PM
Wow.............What a weekend.. First year at Blackpool comps and had an amazing time think I ran on adrenaline all Saturday..Sunday

:respect: to everyone who competed it was a fantastic experience and great to watch.

My voice still hoarse with cheering so much!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:respect:

James and Melanie placing 3rd you guys were fab! The excitement and joy was so obvious James I don't think you stopped smiling the whole night....:worthy:

Hazel and John you guys are always so much fun to watch and Saturday was no exception a well placed 2nd! Fanbloodytastic!

Lynsey and team :clap: the cabaret was fantastic and so deserved first place( managing to get all our fave men in superman outfits :respect: :drool:)

:clap: to our 2nd cabaret team who were fab and so much fun to watch :worthy:

Steve and Cath well done guys you were great and looked like you had a ball :clap:

Charlie and Fi congrats on getting through to semi finals you both were great and so much fun to watch...

Also to Mel and Tim who got through to second round of Take a Chance :hug:

Heather and John, Lorna and Brian, Avril and Karen, Jamie and Yvonne, giddygiraffe and partner (hope I didn't miss any one out) ; you all had a fantastic first round just unfortunate so many great couples I guess it must be so hard to judge
:respect: :hug:

Elaine and Simon :respect: as always! you were great!!!!:yeah:

Thankyou to all my freestyle partners for a fantastic day and night....of dancing :drool:

Big hugs to the girls MelB,BabyPeaches and Shortstuff for making the whole weekend my ribs still ache with laughing so much!Big hugs Mel for being our driver:kiss:

:hug: to everyone I met on Fri/Sat and at after party party back at the Sutcliffe hotel :hug:

The whole event was so enjoyable and well organised I look forward to seeing everyone next year!

Sheepman
7th-March-2006, 02:38 PM
Greg and Joy who also came home with a large flashing bu** pl** :really: I'll have to make sure you don't get your hands on that! :eek:

As usual, a great event, with ever increasing standards. And as usual, those Scots make it feel very scary out there on the floor. (Thank you Lily, for cheering even louder! :respect: )

Didn't get any sleep on Friday night.. You didn't mention that at the time. Total :respect: that you were still dancing at 2a.m. on Saturday night/Sunday morning! :worthy:

One slight note of discord, I wasn't too impressed with the sound systems, both on the Friday night, but especially on Saturday, where there were too many areas in "shadow" and it was impossible to hear the compere. I'm sure it must be a nightmare trying to get this right in such a large echoey space.

Greg

Donna
7th-March-2006, 03:00 PM

That being your lucky number! Soz I didn't around to dancing with you....although I tried to after but it was difficult.

What did everybody do on sunday? Can't imagine many went iceskating after. We went to pleasure beach which was brill. Even went on the big one when it was pouncing down with hale stone...ouch!:tears:

Graham W
7th-March-2006, 03:38 PM
highlights -

- dancing in the advanced with Lyndsey
- the Pepsi Max rollercoaster!
- team events
-Tom & Vikkis outfits
-our golds! especially Sharon & Marty Baby, well done

G x

ChrisA
7th-March-2006, 03:46 PM
One slight note of discord, I wasn't too impressed with the sound systems, both on the Friday night, but especially on Saturday, where there were too many areas in "shadow" and it was impossible to hear the compere. I'm sure it must be a nightmare trying to get this right in such a large echoey space.

......:yeah:

However, did you notice when the fire alarm announcement was made early in the day? Crystal clear - the sound was coming through the speakers mounted high up in the roof space, and directed out to all areas.

I'd be interested to know if there was any reason the equipment couldn't be set up to route at least the compering through those speakers.

CJ
7th-March-2006, 04:20 PM

Greg

Greg,

I wish you had said on the Fri night, we could have sorted it there and then. I remember us discussing this early within the evening...

Ah, well... Hindsight and all that...

Angelina
8th-March-2006, 12:28 AM
Hello!

Ok.ok so I was really tired when I sent the results to our web manager (after having only 6 hours sleep since Thursday!) and things got a little confusing..:whistle: We are finally coming round a bit now :blush: And I have sent all the correct results along with the photos to our web manager and they should be on there by tomorrow:clap:

And what an amazing weekend it was too! We would like to thank all of you for braving the 'weather' and making it to Blackpool :clap: :clap:

Friday night was brilliant - music was spot on - big thanks to CJ + Dance Demon :worthy: , Viktor + carol taught some awesome moves, and ending with the scummy cream cakes and tea was just heaven! p.s. The men in kilts certainly kept our crew entertained! :drool:

Saturday went really well - we managed not to start any of the rounds before time this year!:whistle:
The standard of all the competitors was amazing this year, the judges (myself included) had a real tough decisions, and as you can imagine with 6 different opinions discussions can get quite heated:eek:
Well done all the winners! - What did you think of our new groovy trophies??
with the competitions and awards over by 11ish that left 3 hours for freestyle and I have to say well done to everyone who lasted till 2am!:clap: , and sorry to those who I kept up till 5am:wink: :cheers:

I would also like to say a big WELL DONE to my hubby Tony who did the comparing throughout the day (with the help of 2 bottles of cough medicine!) I really don't know how you do it I get so embarrassed just standing there never mind talking:kiss: AND the wonderful crew we have - you know who you are!

Steve Strong (Hitman) is already editing the DVD and promises to have it out within 4 weeks!! :worthy:

We have already started with next years preparations, we will keep you all posted!

A final thank you to everyone who has sent us their kind regards and positive feedback - all has been noted and is greatly appreciated! :hug:

Look forward to seeing you all again next year for the UK Open jive Jive Competition 2007!

Just noticed this is becoming a bit of a long one (ahem!) so I will close now,

Lotsa love

Angelina, Sue and Tony
The Chance 2 Dance Team

ElaineB
8th-March-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello!

Ok.ok so I was really tired when I sent the results to our web manager (after having only 6 hours sleep since Thursday!) and things got a little confusing..:whistle: We are finally coming round a bit now :blush: And I have sent all the correct results along with the photos to our web manager and they should be on there by tomorrow:clap:

And what an amazing weekend it was too! We would like to thank all of you for braving the 'weather' and making it to Blackpool :clap: :clap:

Friday night was brilliant - music was spot on - big thanks to CJ + Dance Demon :worthy: , Viktor + carol taught some awesome moves, and ending with the scummy cream cakes and tea was just heaven! p.s. The men in kilts certainly kept our crew entertained! :drool:

Saturday went really well - we managed not to start any of the rounds before time this year!:whistle:
The standard of all the competitors was amazing this year, the judges (myself included) had a real tough decisions, and as you can imagine with 6 different opinions discussions can get quite heated:eek:
Well done all the winners! - What did you think of our new groovy trophies??
with the competitions and awards over by 11ish that left 3 hours for freestyle and I have to say well done to everyone who lasted till 2am!:clap: , and sorry to those who I kept up till 5am:wink: :cheers:

I would also like to say a big WELL DONE to my hubby Tony who did the comparing throughout the day (with the help of 2 bottles of cough medicine!) I really don't know how you do it I get so embarrassed just standing there never mind talking:kiss: AND the wonderful crew we have - you know who you are!

Steve Strong (Hitman) is already editing the DVD and promises to have it out within 4 weeks!! :worthy:

We have already started with next years preparations, we will keep you all posted!

A final thank you to everyone who has sent us their kind regards and positive feedback - all has been noted and is greatly appreciated! :hug:

Look forward to seeing you all again next year for the UK Open jive Jive Competition 2007!

Just noticed this is becoming a bit of a long one (ahem!) so I will close now,

Lotsa love

Angelina, Sue and Tony
The Chance 2 Dance Team

Hi Angelina,

The trophies are fab - we certainly had the neighbours talking when we put them in the front window on 'flash' :D .

Forgot to say earlier - so glad that everyone was moved into different places in the second track of the rounds. A really good idea and I am sure, appreciated by all.

Well done again for a wonderful event,

Elaine

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I've written up my experiences of Blackpool for my blog.

I've split it into two articles – one just describing the great weekend I had, the other with all the gripes and whinges that I cut out the first article so you don't have to read them.

Find them here (http://ducasi.org/blog/)... And remember to leave a comment! :)

Donna
8th-March-2006, 02:43 PM
Forgot to say earlier - so glad that everyone was moved into different places in the second track of the rounds. A really good idea and I am sure, appreciated by all.

:yeah: Excellent idea!! Wish we could have had the other side of the floor though as we had a lot of big travelling moves prepared but could only get around to doing one of them.

Well done again for a wonderful event,

:yeah: Can't wait till next year! Roll on March 2007!

BeeBee
8th-March-2006, 05:58 PM
Wow! First time at Blackpool - and thoroughly enjoyed it! Well done to all who competed, and the Scottish support was fab! (Although competing against airhorns is not to be advised, as my hoarse throat will testify!) Was a great weekend, had so many fantastic dances and many a giggle (that would be the champagne then . . .:rolleyes: ) and will def be back again.

Cheers to all who helped make it such a memorable weekend :clap:
:hug: :clap: :hug: :clap: :hug:

Lx

Jive Brummie
8th-March-2006, 08:01 PM
Hello!

Friday night was brilliant - music was spot on - big thanks to CJ + Dance Demon :worthy: , Viktor + carol taught some awesome moves, and ending with the scummy cream cakes and tea was just heaven!

Melanie and I didn't get any of these as we were having a wee dance at the time...but in hindsight, I guess we're quite glad:sick:

:rofl: :rofl:

(having a blonde moment Ange?)

J. x x

cutey
8th-March-2006, 08:31 PM
Well Hi everyone,
It is not often I put anything on the forum but I do feel this instance, I felt the urge to post something!
I may have this wrong BUT I do think many non-competitors really don't understand the amount of time and effort competitors put in before they finally reach that competiting dance floor. Unlike some who have a couple of hours practice in their dance partners kitchen and reach the finals - JAMMY :na:
:respect: to everyone who took part. It goes without saying you did all your friends and supporters proud!:grin: :nice: :clap: :hug:
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank many of my closest friends, Mary, Tony, Claire, Toby, Jane, Chris, Greg and Joy. You guys were fantastic and I wouldn't have worn that dress if I hadn't asked Jane to help me with something specific which moved through my dancing...:wink:
I must give a massive :clap: :worthy: :respect: to Claire, Chris, Mary,Tony , Greg and Joy who took part. Despite what the judges think (which i know is important on the day) I will say proudly you guys danced really well:kiss: :kiss:
Simon, You are my complete sweetheart:love: I am sorry I get angry with you during practice put i do hope I made you proud on the day!
You rock baby :kiss: :hug: :clap: :awe:

A BIG WELL DONE TO Simon, Elaine, James, Melanie and the champs Phil and Yuko :respect:

Look forward to having my dances with you all very very soon.... Well at Funky Lush on Sunday, if your going! :cheers: :clap:

Much love N :flower:

Angelina
8th-March-2006, 10:32 PM
Melanie and I didn't get any of these as we were having a wee dance at the time...but in hindsight, I guess we're quite glad:sick:

(having a blonde moment Ange?)

J. x x

It just had to be you that picked up on that didnt it!

I noticed after it was too late to change!!

They were scrummy!!!:drool: :drool: shame you missed out:wink:

(that would be a natural blonde moment - they dont happen often!)

Jotis
9th-March-2006, 12:42 PM
Well Hi everyone,
It is not often I put anything on the forum but I do feel this instance, I felt the urge to post something!
I may have this wrong BUT I do think many non-competitors really don't understand the amount of time and effort competitors put in before they finally reach that competiting dance floor. Unlike some who have a couple of hours practice in their dance partners kitchen and reach the finals - JAMMY :na:
:respect: to everyone who took part. It goes without saying you did all your friends and supporters proud!:grin: :nice: :clap: :hug:
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank many of my closest friends, Mary, Tony, Claire, Toby, Jane, Chris, Greg and Joy. You guys were fantastic and I wouldn't have worn that dress if I hadn't asked Jane to help me with something specific which moved through my dancing...:wink:
I must give a massive :clap: :worthy: :respect: to Claire, Chris, Mary,Tony , Greg and Joy who took part. Despite what the judges think (which i know is important on the day) I will say proudly you guys danced really well:kiss: :kiss:
Simon, You are my complete sweetheart:love: I am sorry I get angry with you during practice put i do hope I made you proud on the day!
You rock baby :kiss: :hug: :clap: :awe:

A BIG WELL DONE TO Simon, Elaine, James, Melanie and the champs Phil and Yuko :respect:

Look forward to having my dances with you all very very soon.... Well at Funky Lush on Sunday, if your going! :cheers: :clap:

Much love N :flower:

This is my first post but I also think it is a very important post. This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum. All I can say is I’m glad I only do classes and freestyle as the majority of people I have met through ceroc are nice people. Doubt I would ever attempt to do any competitions as this seems to change things when people turn nasty.
I always thought it was better to compete and have fun than not at all, at the end of the day any competitors have to pay to take part so the company holding the event make money and as in the Scottish Ceroc Championships money is donated to charity. So I don’t think people should be pulled up when at the end of the day they are two people dancing, they weren’t hurting anyone.
I am disappointed to notice that the post was put up by a Ceroc teacher where as I thought teachers were supposed to inspire dancers and maybe take people aside and give them advise and tips to help them. However I am glad to say that at least I don’t know this teacher and as for the rest of the teachers I have met are not like this and are helpful rather than taking nasty swipes.

As for all those people that this person doesn’t like remember the main point of Ceroc is to dance and have a good time, as well as meet nice people. At the end of the day a dance is dance and that dance should be enjoyed, the only people that matter to you for that dance is your partner and not some spectator with a chip on their shoulders.

Keep Cerocing

filthycute
9th-March-2006, 12:59 PM
This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum.

Keep Cerocing

I normally leave all the forum mallarky to my significant other half as i'm a very busy lady :whistle: but...it's my day off today so i decided i would have a little jaunt around.....

...then i found this :eek:

am i the only person that read this thinking "what?"

i don't get it :confused:

what was this whole post about? it didn't make any sense

fc x

ducasi
9th-March-2006, 01:01 PM
I may have this wrong BUT I do think many non-competitors really don't understand the amount of time and effort competitors put in before they finally reach that competiting dance floor.

This is my first post but I also think it is a very important post. This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum. ... However I am glad to say that at least I don’t know this teacher and as for the rest of the teachers I have met are not like this and are helpful rather than taking nasty swipes.Both Jotis and Cutey...

I don't see what either of you are complaining about... Who is belittling the efforts of the competitors? Where are the catty remark and nasty swipes?

Am I missing something? :confused:

(EDIT: :yeah: to what fc said.)

Sheepman
9th-March-2006, 01:08 PM
This is my first post but I also think it is a very important post. This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum.
That must mean you haven't been on the forum very long then... :whistle:
But your comment did surprise me, because I couldn't see what the "catty" remark was, then on re-reading, I presume you meant this:-
Unlike some who have a couple of hours practice in their dance partners kitchen and reach the finals - JAMMY :na:
I suppose this could get your goat if you feel it was aimed at you, but I saw it as being rather "tongue in cheek." And knowing Nicole, I imagine she has respect for anyone who's ability can get them through to a final, despite the fact that Simon & Nicole work as hard, if not harder, than anyone else I know on the competition circuit.

Perhaps you are just a very sensitive soul, take care, life can get tough around these parts!

Greg

Jotis
9th-March-2006, 01:08 PM
Well Hi everyone,

Sorry my past post was in regards to this remark posted.

ElaineB
9th-March-2006, 01:09 PM
The results have arrived chaps - they are on the chance2dance web site. :clap:

There is one error though - in the intermediates. Matt and Beckie did not enter, they were in the Advanced and made it to the Semis. The photographs of the couple in third place are correct though. Anyone remember their names, sorry I should know! :blush:

Elaine

Sheepman
9th-March-2006, 01:13 PM
There is one error though - in the intermediates. Matt and Beckie did not enter, they were in the Advanced and made it to the Semis. The photographs of the couple in third place are correct though. Anyone remember their names, sorry I should know! :blush: I think it was announced as Clarence Taylor & Elaine (don't know the surname)
Yeah, I guess you should have known that! :wink:

Greg

Jotis
9th-March-2006, 01:16 PM
But your comment did surprise me, because I couldn't see what the "catty" remark was, then on re-reading, I presume you meant this:-
I suppose this could get your goat if you feel it was aimed at you, but I saw it as being rather "tongue in cheek." And knowing Nicole, I imagine she has respect for anyone who's ability can get them through to a final, despite the fact that Simon & Nicole work as hard, if not harder, than anyone else I know on the competition circuit.

Perhaps you are just a very sensitive soul, take care, life can get tough around these parts!

Greg
Cheers for the heads up.
I wasn't down at Blackpool anyway but was just saying due to the comment made I doubt I would ever like to compete. Mabye wasn't directed the way I had read it. Sorry if I offended anyone with my post just thought it was not a good inspiration for people thinking about competing.

ElaineB
9th-March-2006, 01:17 PM

Greg

I'm with Greg on this. I don't know Nicole very well, but I have always found her to be very considerate. I am sure that it was tongue in cheek remark!

In fact I ribbed a friend about only having two hours practice before competing at another competition and he won it! (he's just naturally talented!) This in another post, but can't remember where I put it!

Elaine

ChrisA
9th-March-2006, 01:19 PM
Both Jotis and Cutey...

I don't see what either of you are complaining about... Who is belittling the efforts of the competitors? Where are the catty remark and nasty swipes?

Am I missing something? :confused:

(EDIT: :yeah: to what fc said.)

Heavens...

First, as far as I can see, no one has used the word "belittling" except you, Ducasi!!! I didn't take Nicole's post as suggesting that at all - her comment stands alone, and is perfectly true - it's definitely the case that a lot of people that don't compete have no idea at all how much blood sweat and tears often goes into preparing for comps. And the day itself is no breeze, either...

As far as Jotis' comment is concerned, it's a complete misunderstanding.

The comment about practising for a couple of hours in a kichen was in reference to a particular couple who have been very successful on the circuit, are excellent dancers, and are well-liked. It should have been clear from Nicole's :na: smilie that it was in no way a catty comment at all.

As well as being a bit jammy, it is of course a tribute to them that Simon and Keeley can get to the finals on not much practice, and I'm sure that all of those that know the background would have taken it that way.

FYI, Nicole is one of the least catty people around, and it might be an idea to be a bit more sure of the background before charging in with public accusations like this.

filthycute
9th-March-2006, 01:23 PM
So my account of the weekend was pretty much the same as most people's posting. I had a fantastic time and was completely gobsmacked to get placed in such a tough final. :respect:

Things i loved....

Superheroes :awe:
Dancing with umbrella's....v. clever
Dancing with James.........v.sexy ;)
Dancing with Phil............v.cool
Tigers!!!!
Flashing trophies
Hazel & John :worthy:
Seeing the usual suspects...you know who you are :cool: (although i wish i knew what that Keith was saying. It's a shame i can't understand a word he says....he seems really funny :rofl:
Peach pens
Ange's Mum...what an lady
Getting our pic on the board next year :whistle: *for Ange*

Not so likeable....

Couldn't hear Tony that well. I think that was a shame cause it meant he didn't get as much feedback from the audience. It looked like it was tough going for him :o
Not getting to wear my beautiful dress i got made especially. I decided the floor was too fast for my latin shoes (i'm a 'latin shoe' novice)
Being sick with nerves all day and night :sick:
The pleb who i reported for throwing women all over the place!!! I mean 20 something....yeah seriously....lifts/mad drops in 1 track! thats not right!!:mad:

of course these are just off the top of my head and i can't wait to see the DVD to see everyone i didn't get a chance to watch.

Another fantastic event for the Chance to Dance crew! :clap:

thanks to all involved......see y'all next year.

or in Southport in Jun another great event* :worthy:

fc x

BeeBee
9th-March-2006, 01:29 PM
I normally leave all the forum mallarky to my significant other half as i'm a very busy lady :whistle: but...it's my day off today so i decided i would have a little jaunt around.....

...then i found this :eek:

am i the only person that read this thinking "what?"

fc x

Nope!!!! I am a little thrown by this too - have I read it wrong? I don't get this at all . . .:confused:

Just read Cuteys reply - a few wires crossed methinks . . .

lx

ducasi
9th-March-2006, 01:32 PM
First, as far as I can see, no one has used the word "belittling" except you, Ducasi!!! I didn't take Nicole's post as suggesting that at all - her comment stands alone, and is perfectly true ... Then why did she say this:

I may have this wrong BUT I do think many non-competitors really don't understand the amount of time and effort competitors put in before they finally reach that competiting dance floor. To me it sounded like she felt the urge to post because many non-competitors were saying things which gave the impression that they didn't "understand the amount of time and effort" etc...

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick...

Donna
9th-March-2006, 01:40 PM
The pleb who i reported for throwing women all over the place!!! I mean 20 something....yeah seriously....lifts/mad drops in 1 track! thats not right!!:mad:

Hey that's my Dad your talking about there!!!! :D Just kidding!! Oh yeah! It wouldn't happen to be the big guy with black minging teeth who's breath smelt like a bog?:mad: I was told to avoid him...which was bloody hard work!! He kept asking me and I had to come up with some excuses...then bug ger off to the loos and....he was waiting for me!!! :angry: Think he got the message when I said I banged my knee and started dancing with Sheriff after! :rofl: (V creepy guy too!) Er, not sheriff! (sheriffs fab and has sexy body rolls!!)

of course these are just off the top of my head and i can't wait to see the DVD to see everyone i didn't get a chance to watch.

I'm looking forward to seeing it and dreading it at the same time!!:blush:

Another fantastic event for the Chance to Dance crew! :clap:

or in Southport in Jun another great event* :worthy:

Hoping to be there!:clap:

David Franklin
9th-March-2006, 01:43 PM
As far as Jotis' comment is concerned, it's a complete misunderstanding.

The comment about practising for a couple of hours in a kichen was in reference to a particular couple who have been very successful on the circuit, are excellent dancers, and are well-liked. It should have been clear from Nicole's :na: smilie that it was in no way a catty comment at all.Oh the perils of in-jokes! I know most of the parties involved, and I couldn't quite parse what Nicole was trying to say, so I can understand others getting confused. But on the other hand, if a post is very unclear, it seems a bit silly to assume it's "catty" - badly worded seems the more charitable interpretation.

But while I'm sticking my oar in, it's funny how the casual dancers imply the serious competitors are all slagging each other off, when the most negative feedback seems to be always from people who don't actually compete. ( Sorry, but the overreferenced "Telephone Directory" comment must still be the canonical example). You don't see that negativity from the people who've competed in the Open or Showcase because they know how much hard work is involved. They know how much guts it takes to go out there in front of that audience, knowing you've spent months practising for this and even so it's very possible that in 5 minutes you're going to be out of the competition. :respect:

filthycute
9th-March-2006, 01:44 PM
Melanie seemed very happy with the result :rolleyes:

Not so likeable....

fc x

forgot to add....

the great big bloody bruise on my knee :tears: *ouch*
there's no fool like an old fool eh :o

i hope that made the dvd :rofl:

David Bailey
9th-March-2006, 01:51 PM
This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oooh, get you... :na:

(There you go, now you've seen two :) )

Donna
9th-March-2006, 02:00 PM
You don't see that negativity from the people who've competed in the Open or Showcase because they know how much hard work is involved. They know how much guts it takes to go out there in front of that audience, knowing you've spent months practising for this and even so it's very possible that in 5 minutes you're going to be out of the competition. :respect:

Exactly!! We spent months practising and even though it goes well then, it may not go down to well on the day! (Which is what happened to us!) I knew in less than 1 minute that we were out of the comp! Prob had something to do with 3 hours kip and no time for a warm up!

Those who do not compete don't have a clue how stressful it actually is. All you do is practice practice practice and come the day, you're under a LOT of pressure and it only takes that bit of pressure to make everything go totally pear shaped! And when it does, you look back on how much practice you've actually done and all you can do is sulk over it. Plus, it's not just up to and on the day of a competition that is stressful. These comps are very close together throughout the year and if you are a keen competitor then of course, you'll be doing one this May and then another one in July and September! So for those 8 months it's a blummin nightmare and the four months you have left until the next comp, you find you're still recovering from it (and sometimes feel like quitting!)

Donna
9th-March-2006, 02:02 PM
Exactly!! We spent months practising and even though it goes well then, it may not go down to well on the day! (Which is what happened to us!) I knew in less than 1 minute that we were out of the comp! Prob had something to do with 3 hours kip and no time for a warm up!

Those who do not compete don't have a clue how stressful it actually is. All you do is practice practice practice and come the day, you're under a LOT of pressure and it only takes that bit of pressure to make everything go totally pear shaped! And when it does, you look back on how much practice you've actually done and all you can do is sulk over it. Plus, it's not just up to and on the day of a competition that is stressful. These comps are very close together throughout the year and if you are a keen competitor then of course, you'll be going one the May and then another one in July and September! So for those 8 months it's a blummin nightmare and the four months you have left until the next comp, you find you're still recovering from it (and sometimes feel like quitting!) But, because it is so damn addictive, you just find it difficult to quit! It's mad!

FXS N.Q
9th-March-2006, 02:04 PM
Just thought I would put a congratulation out to all the competitors shame I couldn't make it, everybody I spoke to enjoyed the event. Hoping to see people at the B.F.G in May.

ChrisA
9th-March-2006, 02:19 PM
But while I'm sticking my oar in, it's funny how the casual dancers

Ooh, that should provoke a few - nice one... :devil:

You don't see that negativity from the people who've competed in the Open or Showcase
Oi, and Advanced - git*

* Note to Jotis - I know DaveF pretty well, and he deserves all the slagging he gets... :awe:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-March-2006, 02:27 PM
Cheers for the heads up.
I wasn't down at Blackpool anyway but was just saying due to the comment made I doubt I would ever like to compete. Mabye wasn't directed the way I had read it. Sorry if I offended anyone with my post just thought it was not a good inspiration for people thinking about competing.

Can I suggest that you're odd? Slightly weird even, to read that post as catty :)

Personally I would have read that as very inspring to a non-competitor, even just so they can see if it is as easy as it looks :) To spoil as perfectly happy thread with a stop-in-your-tracks-look-at-this-awful-comment post when no normal person would have read it that way is tantoumount to a nazi guard at a camp....

..ok sorry I took that too far...;)

Read DavidJames's posts he's catty all the time :) And Lou can do catty, albiet a black studded neck colour kind of catty. miaoow.

Donna
9th-March-2006, 02:38 PM
Personally I would have read that as very inspring to a non-competitor,

even just so they can see if it is as easy as it looks :)

Is it hell!!

David Franklin
9th-March-2006, 02:46 PM
Oi, and Advanced - gitWasn't meaning to imply other competitors don't work hard. But it's usually only the top categories where the bystanders seem to have a "no mercy" rule when it comes to commentary.

* Note to Jotis - I know DaveF pretty well, and he deserves all the slagging he gets... :awe:

Deserves it! I dare say he does. Many that post deserve slagging. And some that are slagged deserve BFG awards. Can you give them to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out slagging in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Dreadful Scathe
9th-March-2006, 02:54 PM
Deserves it! I dare say he does. Many that post deserve slagging. And some that are slagged deserve BFG awards. Can you give them to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out slagging in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

:) nice

ChrisA
9th-March-2006, 03:59 PM
Wasn't meaning to imply other competitors don't work hard.
Yeah, I know that really :D

But it's usually only the top categories where the bystanders seem to have a "no mercy" rule when it comes to commentary.

True... Aerials are pretty easy, though, I hear.... :devil:

:rofl:

(though I did have to search before I found where that came from :blush: )

David Franklin
9th-March-2006, 04:18 PM
True... Aerials are pretty easy, though, I hear.... :devil:Although people can be so critical when you drop your partner on her head...

ChrisA
9th-March-2006, 04:30 PM
Although people can be so critical when you drop your partner on her head...
What, people other than your partner, you mean?

Lou
9th-March-2006, 04:47 PM
Read DavidJames's posts he's catty all the time :) And Lou can do catty, albiet a black studded neck colour kind of catty. miaoow.
Oi, Smurf-face! You've sadly misjudged me.

It's red & black, actually. :flower:

Although people can be so critical when you drop your partner on her head...

What, people other than your partner, you mean?
Dammit. I actually laughed out loud at that one. :blush:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-March-2006, 06:24 PM
Oi, Smurf-face! You've sadly misjudged me.

It's red & black, actually. :flower:

Oops sorry :) but at least you figured out I meant collar rather than colour. My words get mixed up turnip.

Lou
9th-March-2006, 07:32 PM
Oops sorry :) but at least you figured out I meant collar rather than colour. My words get mixed up turnip.
:blush: Ooops. I hadn't actually noticed what you'd really written. Just what I thought you'd write. That's far too worrying, isn't it?

Piglet
9th-March-2006, 09:24 PM
:blush: Ooops. I hadn't actually noticed what you'd really written. Just what I thought you'd write. That's far too worrying, isn't it?
Count me in there - I read it as collar too :confused: :rolleyes:

Simon
9th-March-2006, 09:30 PM
Heavens...

First, as far as I can see, no one has used the word "belittling" except you, Ducasi!!! I didn't take Nicole's post as suggesting that at all. As far as Jotis' comment is concerned, it's a complete misunderstanding.

The comment about practising for a couple of hours in a kichen was in reference to a particular couple who have been very successful on the circuit, are excellent dancers, and are well-liked. It should have been clear from Nicole's :na: smilie that it was in no way a catty comment at all.

As well as being a bit jammy, it is of course a tribute to them that Simon and Keeley can get to the finals on not much practice, and I'm sure that all of those that know the background would have taken it that way. :cheers: Quite right. Here's one for your, Nicole. :love: And one for you, Chris. :love:

Donna
10th-March-2006, 11:53 AM
:cheers: Quite right. Here's one for your, Nicole. :love: And one for you, Chris. :love:

Awwwww :awe:

Simon r
10th-March-2006, 12:30 PM
Hate to say it but this is the reason why Cutey hardly posts on the forum...

Let me feel the love .....

Simon r
10th-March-2006, 12:42 PM
The results have arrived chaps - they are on the chance2dance web site. :clap:

There is one error though - in the intermediates. Matt and Beckie did not enter, they were in the Advanced and made it to the Semis. The photographs of the couple in third place are correct though. Anyone remember their names, sorry I should know! :blush:

Elaine

I can,t find the results on the web page... it's blank for 2006:sad:

marty_baby
10th-March-2006, 12:46 PM

Hi Simon,

http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/125171/1253077.htm

If this comes up blank still, try flushing your internet explorer "temporary internet files", then give it another go. Its there - honest! :nice:

marty_baby
10th-March-2006, 12:55 PM
Hate to say it but this is the reason why Cutey hardly posts on the forum...

Let me feel the love .....

Yup, I can see why that would be!

There is nothing more deflating then to spend time writing a nice post onto the forum, to share your thoughts with others, and then have someone come back with a really "unpleasant" reply - mainly from misunderstanding your post or otherwise.

This forum is a great place, and would be alot better if everyone respected each other a bit more, read posts in a positive light, and thought before posting replies...

...diving for cover now! :D

Martin

Heather
10th-March-2006, 01:54 PM
Just had a wee look at the chance2dance website- interesting that Steve (Trampy) Lampert was third in the Take a Chance with Avril Kidd!!
NOT the Avril Kidd I know from Dundee!!:whistle:
I thought the young lady in the photograph was someone Trampy knew from Oz and was actually his partner in the Advanced?
I believe Avril did actually reach the final of the Take a Chance though- well done Avril!!!

I suppose chance 2dance will eventually correct this oversight!!
Who was the young lady ?

Heather
xx

Donna
10th-March-2006, 02:57 PM

Last time I looked it was ok

Simon r
10th-March-2006, 03:00 PM
Got it now ...
thanks

How do i manage to look so bad in every photo....:confused:

Donna
10th-March-2006, 03:14 PM
Got it now ...
thanks

Ya don't! You look happy to have won a place three times!

Mary
10th-March-2006, 03:24 PM
Ya don't! You look happy to have won a place three times!

And maybe wet your knickers in the excitement!:rofl: :whistle: :wink:

M

Bex
10th-March-2006, 03:29 PM

That's because you look bad in real life hun!

Mary
10th-March-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh, and SimonR please accept my previous post in the catty and bitchy way that it absolutely wasn't intended.:whistle:

Jotis, welcome to the forum, and expect the possibility of being teased mercilessly - it helps alleviate all the luvvyness that goes on sometimes. :wink:

M

under par
10th-March-2006, 03:30 PM
That's because you look bad in real life hun!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
10th-March-2006, 03:31 PM

Now Bex on the other hand.......................

M

Simon r
10th-March-2006, 04:35 PM

Ha ha ha i think i cracked a rib ....

just you wait....

Donna
10th-March-2006, 04:35 PM
And maybe wet your knickers in the excitement!:rofl: :whistle: :wink:

M

:rofl: :rofl: I look at the pics and imagine it now!! Oooooh he he :rofl: he he ur ur oh.... excuse me, I won't be a minute.......

Simon r
10th-March-2006, 04:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I look at the pics and imagine it now!! Oooooh he he :rofl: he he ur ur oh.... excuse me, I won't be a minute.......

Ok don't worry just as well as looking like an elephant i have the memory of one also soooooo.

Donna
10th-March-2006, 04:40 PM
Ok don't worry just as well as looking like an elephant i have the memory of one also soooooo.

:rofl: You done really well though! You must be so proud. congrats by the way! :hug:

CJ
10th-March-2006, 04:42 PM
Ha ha ha i think i cracked a rib ....

That might help if next time you crack a rib, you don't crack it over your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lory
10th-March-2006, 04:44 PM
In the best dressed catagory, is the photo correct :confused:

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 05:01 PM
In the best dressed catagory, is the photo correct :confused:
I think by the time they announce the winners, Lory, that they might have changed (several times!) :whistle:

CJ
10th-March-2006, 05:19 PM
I think by the time they announce the winners, Lory, that they might have changed (several times!) :whistle:

He was wearing a Scotland shirt when he won!!:rofl: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 05:36 PM
He was wearing a Scotland shirt when he won!!:rofl: :rofl:
Sensible man :D

Lou
10th-March-2006, 07:22 PM
I just love the photo of Simon & Elaine (http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/125171/2006_spotlight_winners.htm). His horns make me giggle...

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 07:26 PM
Lou, you're wicked :rofl:

ElaineB
10th-March-2006, 08:18 PM
Lou, you're wicked :rofl:

Yes, she is!!!! Bad, bad girl!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elaine

ChrisA
10th-March-2006, 08:24 PM
Love the C2D team, but could I offer my services to them as a proofreader?

Piglet
10th-March-2006, 09:22 PM
I just love the photo of Simon & Elaine (http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/125171/2006_spotlight_winners.htm). His horns make me giggle...
I hadn't noticed that until you pointed them out!:rofl:

Dorothy
14th-March-2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry I am a bit late in posting, but wanted to congratulate Scotland on all their wins at the Blackpool competition!
:cheers:

Donna
14th-March-2006, 04:27 PM
I hadn't noticed that until you pointed them out!:rofl:

Neither did I!!! :rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious!!

tiger
14th-March-2006, 08:16 PM
Whats all the fuss about with a couple getting to a final without much practice?

Maybe they are just very talented?

Maybe the judges got it all wrong?

This competition thing is getting too serious.

Mary
14th-March-2006, 09:48 PM
Whats all the fuss about with a couple getting to a final without much practice?

It's called teasing. :rolleyes: There wasn't any fuss. The only fuss I noticed on this thread was from someone who, I believe, wasn't even there. In my experience people tend to tease other people who they like and admire or regard as friends, and, as it happens, I have met a lot of said such people (i.e. people I like and admire and regard as friends) as a result of competing.

Hey Andy McGregor, you'd like this one. Maybe it was someone in another guise trying to stir things up a bit, by pretending to mis-interpret a post.:devil: :whistle:

M

Andy McGregor
15th-March-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey Andy McGregor, you'd like this one. Maybe it was someone in another guise trying to stir things up a bit, by pretending to mis-interpret a post.:devil: :whistle:

MI must admit to smiling wryly at the exchange on this thread. A misunderstanding which isn't directed at me!

However, I believe that the misunderstanding on this thread was genuine. For as long as I can remember, it's been a joke among competitors that we don't practice much. Maybe some people don't know we're not supposed to mention how much practice we've done. Me? Oh no, I never practice - but my partner does :wink:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 11:49 AM

Do you compete? If you do, I'm sure you'll find that (if you work) you don't really get as much practice as you should.

Yliander
15th-March-2006, 11:58 AM
This is my first post but I also think it is a very important post. This is because it is the first time I have seen a really catty remark on this forum. ummm which forum do you read? because I have seen much catty'er remarks on this one and found nothing catty in the post you were quoting

errghh yes I know I'm behind the times on this one

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:09 PM
ummm which forum do you read? because I have seen much catty'er remarks on this one and found nothing catty in the post you were quoting

errghh yes I know I'm behind the times on this one

you get catty remarks on nearly all forums.

marty_baby
15th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
Who is this "catty" everyone keeps banging on about???? :confused:

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:23 PM
Who is this "catty" everyone keeps banging on about???? :confused:

Andy McGregor :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
15th-March-2006, 12:36 PM
you get catty remarks on nearly all forums.

Oh hark at you, thats a catty remark if I ever heard one. Nearly all forums indeed :)

Donna
15th-March-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh hark at you, thats a catty remark if I ever heard one. Nearly all forums indeed :)

Meeaaow.

Andy McGregor
15th-March-2006, 06:06 PM
Andy McGregor :rofl:I'm all pussy ...

Dance Demon
15th-March-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm all pussy ...

the letter L appears twice too often in that statment.......( miaaaooow:D )

Donna
16th-March-2006, 01:11 PM
the letter L appears twice too often in that statment.......( miaaaooow:D )

Dreadful Scathe
16th-March-2006, 06:44 PM
I noticed that the SUPERHERO's perfect score for the team event was not the first perfect score. Joe Philip & Lynne Pearson got a perfect 108 last year for their showcase and before 2005, the scores were never listed. Can anyone explain what criteria make up this score ?

Also I was thinking it might be interesting to keep track of the great dancers, the ones that are always getting into the "medals" so to speak. The problem with that is - its not easy to get the results of competitions (except for the Ceroc Scotland Comp, results are on this forum..somewhere)- the Britroc website and results is no more, ceroc.com and achance2dance.co.uk dont go back to the beginning of their competitions and as for other competitions - I dont know what they are....so whos up for a team effort in collating the winners and losers of all UK competitions? ;)

Angelina
17th-March-2006, 05:31 PM
We at Chance 2 Dance have a 'hall of fame' on our web page with pictures of all winners since the very start in 2001! :clap: :clap:
see - www.achance2dance.co.uk

Dreadful Scathe
17th-March-2006, 06:15 PM
We at Chance 2 Dance have a 'hall of fame' on our web page with pictures of all winners since the very start in 2001! :clap: :clap:
see - www.achance2dance.co.uk
was 2001 the beginning ? I thought it had been longer than that? Who used to host the UK Modern Jive Championships prior to 2001 ?

Donna
17th-March-2006, 06:54 PM
was 2001 the beginning ? I thought it had been longer than that?

That's what I thought! Somebody told me 1998 is when it started.:confused:

TheTramp
17th-March-2006, 07:00 PM
Blackpool started in 2001.

If I remember rightly, the first Ceroc competition was in 2000 - in Leicester Square as I recall.

Before that, Robert Austin held a yearly competition. Which was at the same place that London now hold their champs.

David Franklin
17th-March-2006, 07:08 PM
That's what I thought! Somebody told me 1998 is when it started.:confused:Blackpool very definitely came after the first Ceroc Championships (definitely 1999 - I have the DVD). Robert Austin of LeJive used to run a national competition - that was a bit before my time as a dancer, but one of the Jivemasters pages implies they had a comp as far back as 1996.

TheTramp
17th-March-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah. 1999. Moved to Hammersmith in 2000.

Sorry. Alzheimers.... :blush:

Donna
17th-March-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah. 1999. Moved to Hammersmith in 2000.

Sorry. Alzheimers.... :blush:

What are you like!

TheTramp
17th-March-2006, 07:26 PM

What are you like!

Not sure quite how to answer that question :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-March-2006, 02:27 PM
Robert Austin of LeJive used to run a national competition - that was a bit before my time as a dancer, but one of the Jivemasters pages implies they had a comp as far back as 1996.

Was this the UK Modern Jive Championships then, the one Nigel and Nina won in 1997 ? I remember coming across the results page for that a while back but I have no idea what the web address was and google is no help. Anyone got any further info? A web address would do as we could use the wayback engine to get the pages.

TheTramp
19th-March-2006, 03:19 PM
The old address was www.lejive.com

But this no longer exists. I have no idea whether that'll help in the wayback engine.

TheTramp
19th-March-2006, 03:30 PM
OKie. I had a look on the wayback engine. Just at one page.

Interesting to note that the guy who designed the web pages was Alan Pratt, who is APSP on this forum. If you're really after looking up the data, you might consider dropping him a PM as he may well have it.

Hope this helps....

bigdjiver
19th-March-2006, 04:20 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/19970408203813/www.lejive.com/comp.htm

The 1996 U.K. Modern Jive Open
EVERTHING CHANGES
This year we've made some changes to the competition. Firstly the name, from French Style Jive to Modern Jive. This is to accomodate some of the international dancers who dance the Bugg in Scandinavia and Disco Fox styles in Germany and Switzerland. Both these styles are similar if not identical to what is called "French" jive in the UK. Secondly, we've moved from a Sunday to a Saturday, this means more freestyle dancing, a second band and the party is now going through until 1.00am in the morning. Thirdly, we've changed the venue ...

... This is the third national championship to be held in this new style of dance. That would make 1994 the first.
Why I nominated him (and I should have include his wife) for the MJ Hall of Fame. I would like that thread to be a no-dross zone. Those early championships have benefited all of us.

Andy McGregor
19th-March-2006, 09:36 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/19970408203813/www.lejive.com/comp.htm

That would make 1994 the first.
Why I nominated him (and I should have include his wife) for the MJ Hall of Fame. I would like that thread to be a no-dross zone. Those early championships have benefited all of us.The "he" and "his wife" that bigD is talking about are Robert and Claire Austin. The first ever MJ competition I attended were the 1997 LeJive Championships at the Hammersmith Palais. This was the year that Nigel and Nina swept the board and I was inspired - not just by how fab N&N were, but also by how much FUN Rob Coward was having on his journey to winning the DWAS with a fabulously sexy partner. I was also impressed by the unfeasibly high waistband of Sarif's trousers - which is an odd memory, but I can't help it :what:

Donna
20th-March-2006, 02:55 PM
I was also impressed by the unfeasibly high waistband of Sarif's trousers - which is an odd memory, but I can't help it :what:[/QUOTE]

oh dear, not somebody else who's been wearing Simon Cowell trousers! :rolleyes:

Chicklet
12th-April-2006, 05:39 PM
please forgive me for having such a bad memory for names but can anyone please remind me of the names of the younger couple who did the gothic showcase last year? were they not there this year?...and on the wrong thread but did I catch sight of her on the first SDF show? ...or was it just someone else with eyecatching features and braided hair?

Simon r
13th-April-2006, 11:03 AM
please forgive me for having such a bad memory for names but can anyone please remind me of the names of the younger couple who did the gothic showcase last year? were they not there this year?...and on the wrong thread but did I catch sight of her on the first SDF show? ...or was it just someone else with eyecatching features and braided hair?

It was Steve and jo and yes she was in the SDF two sat's ago