PDA

View Full Version : whos going Southport FEBRUARY 2007

Pages : [1] 2

under par
1st-March-2006, 11:23 AM
Have heard that theres no Scarborough next Feb been replaced with a SOUTHPORT:yeah:

Never done a poll before so here goes!

Early heads up to all you lovely ladies who have struggled to book chalets in the summer

jivecat
1st-March-2006, 07:33 PM
There'll be an icy wind whipping in across the mud flats, no doubt. I'll certainly consider going. I'd rather be in a chalet than a B&B because it's cheaper and more convenient but I'd expect it to be really cold & inhospitable. After all, it's not always that warm even in the summer.

Little Monkey
1st-March-2006, 07:38 PM
Three Southport weekenders per year! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:clap:

I think I might just have to go......:D And will definitely pack my hot water bottle!

Yliander
2nd-March-2006, 02:33 AM
maybe

Alice
2nd-March-2006, 04:28 AM
So do we get dates for this? :flower:

timbp
2nd-March-2006, 04:40 AM
Alice, you know you'll have no trouble getting a date for any event, anywhere, anytime. You've got a year to line up someone for this; stop worrying!

under par
2nd-March-2006, 07:17 AM

I'm reliably informed its the first weekend in February a straight swap for Scarborough.

Lynn
2nd-March-2006, 11:58 AM
I like my Feb weekend in Scarborough - nice warm hotels... but then again I love Southport.

Northants Girly
2nd-March-2006, 12:15 PM
I like my Feb weekend in Scarborough - nice warm hotels... :yeah: me too

was looking forward to next Feb :(

stewart38
2nd-March-2006, 12:26 PM
Could there be an option

How the F*** do I know ?? :yeah:

under par
2nd-March-2006, 12:41 PM
Could there be an option

How the F*** do I know ?? :yeah:

Stewart how rude, you know it pays to be civilised and not offend anyone, .................................................. see what happened to Ken Livingston!

johnah
2nd-March-2006, 04:05 PM

OK, as the cats got out of the bag, I'll tell you.:wink:

The dates are 02-05 February 2007 and, it is a direct response to dancers requests for Jive Addiction to host one at Southport around this time! And, most of you may know, we listen, consider, then, if at all possible, respond positively.

Yes, we love Scarborough too and we'll be there again from 17-20 November 2006 and, we'll be back there again in 2007 also.

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lynn
2nd-March-2006, 05:33 PM
was looking forward to next Feb :(There's one in Nov at Scarborough.

And another Southport now! :clap:

Alice
17th-March-2006, 12:12 PM
Alice, you know you'll have no trouble getting a date for any event, anywhere, anytime. You've got a year to line up someone for this; stop worrying!
Ner ner to you:P :devil:

johnah
13th-October-2006, 04:32 PM
With around 700 dancers already booked in and over 3 months to go, looking like another sellout at Southport for the UK's No.1 Modern Jive Weekender.

We're putting together a superb teacher line-up including from the USA, the sensational NATALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD and the fabulous KYLE REDD & SARAH VANN DRAKE. Simply awesome and not to be missed.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, we've got the Million Moves Man, SUPER MARIO the UK's No.1 salsa teacher and JOSEPH & SADIE winners of BBC's Strictly Dance Fever.

Other top notch teachers will be there too and, not forgetting,our gathering of DJs which is always second to none!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

February already feels a whole lot warmer so, don't leave it too late to book otherwise you may find yourselves amongst the ranks of the disappointed.

www.jiveaddiction.com

fletch
13th-October-2006, 04:37 PM
February already feels a whole lot warmer so, don't leave it too late to book otherwise you may find yourselves amongst the ranks of the disappointed.

www.jiveaddiction.com

:yeah: :yeah:

I'm in

:hug: :clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap:

ducasi
13th-October-2006, 05:44 PM
:yeah:

Just waiting for confirmation of my place before I add my vote.

Looking forward to it already! :clap:

jivebunny
13th-October-2006, 06:32 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I went to southport for the first time in september, i had such a great time that i have already booked for Feb:grin: :grin:

I can't wait

Axx

Yliander
13th-October-2006, 06:38 PM
Well I'm no longer a maybe - haven't been since - July!!! the draw of Sarah & Kyle was TOO strong *spins off into a mad happy dance* Weeee

LemonCake
14th-October-2006, 01:21 AM
Apparently I'm booked in and I didn't even know it :grin: :clap: :clap: :flower: :awe:

Blueshoes
14th-October-2006, 01:30 AM
me :)

under par
14th-October-2006, 06:33 AM
Well I'll be there for sure:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ... booked up and wondering if I have time to sort out a costume for the Saturday night theme:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I wonder what the theme is this time???:wink:

fletch
14th-October-2006, 08:36 AM
I will see if I can find out from John tonight

:flower:

drathzel
14th-October-2006, 10:44 AM
i cant afford it :tears:

suzy_X_
14th-October-2006, 11:59 AM
ive never actually been to a southport weekender before, i only heard about the last one a couple nights before it :sad: i really want to go in feb (it'l be my first one)... daft question but i take it it's good?

xxx

TheTramp
14th-October-2006, 12:10 PM
We all seem to enjoy it! :clap:

WittyBird
14th-October-2006, 01:17 PM
ive never actually been to a southport weekender before, i only heard about the last one a couple nights before it :sad: i really want to go in feb (it'l be my first one)... daft question but i take it it's good?

Good is not the word.... It's.....

The Dog's B0ll0cks

PretzelMeister
15th-October-2006, 02:12 AM
Good is not the word.... It's.....

The Dog's B0ll0cks

It sure is - you get the chance to have some really fantastic dances with some really :drool: dancers. ;)

Gypsy Rose
15th-October-2006, 03:17 PM
I'll definitely be there! went to my first Southport in September and although its a long journey its worth it... cant wait!:D :clap:

johnah
16th-October-2006, 11:10 AM

Just waiting for confirmation of my place before I add my vote.

Looking forward to it already! :clap:

You're confirmed Duncan. :cheers:

johnah
16th-October-2006, 11:15 AM
I will see if I can find out from John tonight

You forgot to ask me Fletch. But that's understandable with so much fun going on at the Monster Jive Freestyle.

Anyway, the theme is HOLLYWOOD, so let your imaginations run wild.:clap:

ducasi
16th-October-2006, 11:43 AM
You're confirmed Duncan. :cheers:
Excellent! :cheers:

Now to think of what is required to do "Hollywood" with the least effort possible... :confused:

under par
29th-October-2006, 08:30 PM
Go on then !!!!:confused:

You must all be asking yourselves "I wonder how many days are left until Southport in February!!!!!":wink:

Well by my reckoning it is only 67 days left till Southport !:yeah: :clap:

Juju
29th-October-2006, 08:42 PM
...only 67 days left till Southport !:yeah: :clap:

Should give me just enough time to get over my hangover then. :sick: :tears:

ducasi
29th-October-2006, 08:57 PM
only 67 days
How can something more than *3 months* away be only 67 days from now?!?!?!

Juju
29th-October-2006, 08:59 PM

D'you know, you've got a point there matey.

TheTramp
29th-October-2006, 08:59 PM

I think that he must have forgotten a month... Wonder which one? :rofl:

ducasi
29th-October-2006, 09:03 PM
D'you know, you've got a point there matey.
Looks like you've got longer to get over that hangover. Or get another one or two... ;)

Juju
29th-October-2006, 09:06 PM
Looks like you've got longer to get over that hangover. Or get another one or two... ;)

God no. Never again... and what a waste of good pumpkin pie.

under par
29th-October-2006, 09:13 PM
I think that he must have forgotten a month... Wonder which one? :rofl:

OH S##t!

I didn't miss a month !! :eek:

I stupidly mulitplied the 14 weeks left by 5 :confused: :blush:

and not 7 days :sick:

before I subtracted 3

and came up with 67

when of course the answer should be 98 days left till Southport in February.

I think!!!!!!!

ducasi
29th-October-2006, 09:16 PM
14*7–3 = 95. ;)

TheTramp
29th-October-2006, 09:19 PM
5 days weeks? You're working too much! :na:

Jamie
29th-October-2006, 09:23 PM
Definately, you'll see me cos I'll be with the daft "dancing in the rain" crowd lol.. :P

SuzyQ
29th-October-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm going - YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My first Southport!!

I wonder if Sarah and Kyle will make it there - she's expecting a baby a few months after the event. I hope they come cos they are soooooooo nice.

Minnie M
29th-October-2006, 11:16 PM

My first Southport!!

I wonder if Sarah and Kyle will make it there - she's expecting a baby a few months after the event. I hope they come cos they are soooooooo nice.

The baby is due end March (she said it might make my birthday :flower: )

johnah
30th-October-2006, 01:55 PM

My first Southport!!

Yes, Sarah is expecting a baby and will be in a very advanced stage of pregnancy come February and, unfortunately, will be not be able to make Southport. That's a shame, but the wellbeing of mother and baby must be the priority!

However, we are absolutely delighted to announce that PARKER DEARBORN & JESSICA COX will be making their UK debut at Southport in February. :respect: :respect: :respect: Parker & Jessica are sensational and ranked [narrowly] second only to Jordan & Tatiana in the USA.

With a little over 3 months to go, around 700 dancers have already guaranteed their places and are looking forward to seeing the finest gathering of teaching talent ever to be assembled for a MJ weekender in the UK. It will be awesome!

A lot of dancers have asked about the Blues Room Terrace, which is so popular at our June & September events. Well we've thought about that too, and in February it will be totally enclosed within a marquee.

Importantly, as it's a winter event, and we care about the comfort levels of dancers, we have arranged for all apartments to be preheated for 24 hours prior to your arrival. Additionally, every apartment with metered electricity will receive £5 worth of meter cards with their apartment keys with our compliments.

Check out www.jiveaddiction.com for latest info.

Msfab
30th-October-2006, 02:38 PM
However, we are absolutely delighted to announce that PARKER DEARBORN & JESSICA COX will be making their UK debut at Southport in February. :respect: :respect: :respect: Parker & Jessica are sensational and ranked [narrowly] second only to Jordan & Tatiana in the USA.

Well that scuppers my plans of not going in Feb!:rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
30th-October-2006, 03:01 PM
A lot of dancers have asked about the Blues Room Terrace, which is so popular at our June & September events. Well we've thought about that too, and in February it will be totally enclosed within a marquee.

Importantly, as it's a winter event, and we care about the comfort levels of dancers, we have arranged for all apartments to be preheated for 24 hours prior to your arrival. Additionally, every apartment with metered electricity will receive £5 worth of meter cards with their apartment keys with our compliments.

Johnah :worthy: :worthy:

How about tucking everyone into bed too!!!!:rofl:

Nice touch though :worthy:

Little Monkey
30th-October-2006, 03:13 PM

You're the best! :respect: :love:

Oh, and after having such a sh*t time in Southport in September (due to back), I think I shall have to open 'Little Monkey's Cafe' in my chalet in February. I'm thinking cup of tea, one hug, slice of cake, two hugs....:D Then, even if my back falls to bits again, and I can't dance, at least I'll get lots of hugs and company! :D

Will research new cake recipies between now and February, to see if I can top the blueberry cheesecake and the banana and chocolate cake I made last time....:whistle:

Tinkerbell
30th-October-2006, 03:21 PM
slice of cake, two hugs....:D Then, even if my back falls to bits again, and I can't dance, at least I'll get lots of hugs and company! :D

Will research new cake recipies between now and February, to see if I can top the blueberry cheesecake and the banana and chocolate cake I made last time....:whistle:

Your choc and banana cake was the yummiest cake I've ever tasted :drool: Reserve me a seat in Little Monkey Cafe! Lots of hugs coming your way in Feb :wink: :hug:

Lynn
30th-October-2006, 03:25 PM
A lot of dancers have asked about the Blues Room Terrace, which is so popular at our June & September events. Well we've thought about that too, and in February it will be totally enclosed within a marquee. So it will be dry, the double doors can be opened without a gale blowing in, and if warm enough, we can still dance sort of outside!

Importantly, as it's a winter event, and we care about the comfort levels of dancers, we have arranged for all apartments to be preheated for 24 hours prior to your arrival. Fab! It takes quite a few hours for those chalets to heat in winter, but the heat does build up over time. How nice to arrive to a cosy chalet. :hug:

Northants Girly
30th-October-2006, 05:38 PM
Johnah :worthy: :worthy:

How about tucking everyone into bed too!!!!:rofl:

Nice touch though :worthy: . . . and maybe we could have a bedtime story? :devil:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:38 PM
Your choc and banana cake was the yummiest cake I've ever tasted :drool: Reserve me a seat in Little Monkey Cafe! Lots of hugs coming your way in Feb :wink: :hug:

You are making the journey down with me again aren't you dear :flower:

johnah
30th-October-2006, 05:49 PM
. . . and maybe we could have a bedtime story? :devil:

Erm! Isn't that Matt's role? :rofl:

Minnie M
30th-October-2006, 11:55 PM
.......However, we are absolutely delighted to announce that PARKER DEARBORN & JESSICA COX will be making their UK debut at Southport in February. :respect: :respect: :respect: Parker & Jessica are sensational and ranked [narrowly] second only to Jordan & Tatiana in the USA............

Real shame Sarah & Kyle can't make it - hopefully we will see them at Southport next year (maybe with baby) - but Parker & Jessica are great substitutes :respect: looking forward to their classes :clap:

.......A lot of dancers have asked about the Blues Room Terrace, which is so popular at our June & September events. Well we've thought about that too, and in February it will be totally enclosed within a marquee.......
How considerate :flower: thank you :hug:

.......Importantly, as it's a winter event, and we care about the comfort levels of dancers, we have arranged for all apartments to be preheated for 24 hours prior to your arrival. Additionally, every apartment with metered electricity will receive £5 worth of meter cards with their apartment keys with our compliments.

:clap: :clap: :clap: thank you again :hug: :kiss:

Jive Addiction Rules :yeah: :clap: :respect: :worthy: :hug: :kiss:

under par
3rd-November-2006, 10:58 AM
only 90 days to go now

I think that s right anyway:whistle:

Freya
3rd-November-2006, 11:03 AM
Ok back from london and this is the next event on my calender!

:clap::clap::clap:

TheTramp
3rd-November-2006, 11:17 AM
Ok back from london and this is the next event on my calender!

:clap::clap::clap:

You've got to wait that long?? :hug:

What about the beach ballroom in 2 weeks time then?

Freya
3rd-November-2006, 11:22 AM
You've got to wait that long?? :hug:

What about the beach ballroom in 2 weeks time then?

Ok I meant out of Scotland!

TheTramp
3rd-November-2006, 11:25 AM
:yum:

The Beach Ballroom weekend is the only weekend I'm in Scotland this month! :rolleyes:

Freya
3rd-November-2006, 11:26 AM
:yum:

The Beach Ballroom weekend is the only weekend I'm in Scotland this month! :rolleyes:

:na::na::na::na:

Oooh get you!

Little Monkey
4th-November-2006, 07:36 PM

You are making the journey down with me again aren't you dear :flower:

I think so........ But you only want me for my cake! :tears:

Lory
4th-November-2006, 10:13 PM

You might be upset but I bet that's reassuring news for Sheepy! :wink:

Little Monkey
4th-November-2006, 10:15 PM
You might be upset but I bet that's reasurring for Sheepy! :wink:

You think it's only Sheepy who's reassured by that?? :whistle: :rofl:

Sheepman
5th-November-2006, 03:38 AM
And in the showcase last month at Boogire By The Bay they outclassed everyone and were worthy winners, I hope they'll do that routine for us again in February!

Greg

TheTramp
6th-November-2006, 01:00 PM

And the sparkling conversation! :hug:

johnah
6th-November-2006, 01:53 PM
And in the showcase last month at Boogire By The Bay they outclassed everyone and were worthy winners, I hope they'll do that routine for us again in February!

Greg

:respect: Yes, Greg, Parker & Jessica are awesome and I agree, they outclassed everyone:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Your wish may also came to fruition at Southport in February.:clap: :clap: :clap:

:cheers: www.jiveaddiction.com

under par
6th-November-2006, 02:27 PM
:Your wish may also came to fruition at Southport in February.:clap: :clap: :clap:

:cheers: www.jiveaddiction.com

Which is only 87 days to go :yeah: :yeah:

jivebunny
7th-November-2006, 04:22 PM
I paid for my Southport trip today clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shodan
7th-November-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll be there at Southport. Please come along and listen to my cat-strangling karaoke attempts (see Warmwell) and comedy (read: bad) dancing style. :rofl:

But if you take your dancing too seriously, then I'd advise not dancing with me. Hehe. :whistle:

stewart38
7th-November-2006, 05:46 PM
Depends if it snows

M6 with snow naaaaaaaaaaaaa

detomo
7th-November-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'm In. Along with Shodan, animal talk, sapphire and sixteen others from our way :clap::clap:

under par
8th-November-2006, 12:42 AM
86 more days well at least for 20 minutes then it will be 85 days

Shodan
8th-November-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I'm In. Along with Shodan, animal talk, sapphire and sixteen others from our way :clap::clap:
"Animal Talk" is Nick the Vet yeah?
So who is "Sapphire" and who is "Sixteen Others"? http://www.fadeware.net/forum/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif :rofl:

DavidY
13th-November-2006, 01:27 PM
Thought it might be worth a reminder that those of us who went to Sept 2006 Southport and signed up for a place in Feb 2007 need to pay our balances this week (by 17th November I think).

JohnAH: my cheque's in the post.. :wink:

jivebunny
13th-November-2006, 01:49 PM
I've sent my cheque off!!!

81 sleeps to go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yliander
13th-November-2006, 03:00 PM
Thought it might be worth a reminder that those of us who went to Sept 2006 Southport and signed up for a place in Feb 2007 need to pay our balances this week (by 17th November I think).

JohnAH: my cheque's in the post.. :wink::eek: EKKKK I thought I had until the end of the month!!! will have to find the box with my cheque book in tonight!!

DavidY
13th-November-2006, 03:19 PM
:eek: EKKKK I thought I had until the end of the month!!! will have to find the box with my cheque book in tonight!!Well I could be wrong :blush: - worth checking though. The date I'm thinking of applies to people who got a discounted rate for Feb because they booked at September Southport - if you didn't do this, I think a different date applies.
I think the date was in the Southport Sept brochure.

Yliander
13th-November-2006, 03:23 PM
Well I could be wrong :blush: - worth checking though. The date I'm thinking of applies to people who got a discounted rate for Feb because they booked at September Southport - if you didn't do this, I think a different date applies.
I think the date was in the Southport Sept brochure. Ahhh I will double check - I booked back in June - so as not to miss out on Sarah & Kyle - who then went and had a baby so I miss out anyway *sigh* story of my life :na:

johnah
13th-November-2006, 04:35 PM
Ahhh I will double check - I booked back in June - so as not to miss out on Sarah & Kyle - who then went and had a baby so I miss out anyway *sigh* story of my life :na:

For those who didn't take advantage of the "deal" in September, balances are due by 15 December.

Yes, it's shame about Kyle & Sarah but,

PARKER DEARBORN & JESSICA COX

are really awesome and not to be missed. And, Kyle & Sarah will be coming asap after the birth of the baby!

under par
13th-November-2006, 05:12 PM
I've sent my cheque off!!!

81 sleeps to go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Surely you mean 81 sleeps to go Jivebunny :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Yliander
13th-November-2006, 05:23 PM
For those who didn't take advantage of the "deal" in September, balances are due by 15 December. Thanks for the info -

Yes, it's shame about Kyle & Sarah but,

PARKER DEARBORN & JESSICA COX

are really awesome and not to be missed. And, Kyle & Sarah will be coming asap after the birth of the baby! please don't think my disappointment is a comment on Parker & Jessica - they are amazing too - it's just that they aren't Kyle & Sarah - and there is my amazing ability to always just miss out on the teachers I have watched for ages on clips on DVDs

on the up side there is PARKER & JESSICA :clap: :clap:

SuzyQ
13th-November-2006, 07:50 PM
Just watched the video clip of Parker and Jessica on the Jive Addiction website ... all I can say is .... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:
Can't wait!
Suzy

Chef
14th-November-2006, 01:32 PM
For those who didn't take advantage of the "deal" in September, balances are due by 15 December.

WHoops. I had better get the cheque book out pronto. I booked for Feb when I was at Southport to take advantage of the deal. was sort of expecting an reminder email for when the balance was due. I am starting to lose track of all the events now that we are booked up with events until end March 2007.

BTW what was the deal Jonnah? How much to I have left to pay and exactly by when?

I think I had better start producing a checklist to ensure that things like balances are paid on time, travel arrangements are made and paid for etc.

Double Trouble
14th-November-2006, 02:38 PM
Me and Trouble are going. Never been before but have been told it's great.

Can't wait.:grin:

Trouble
14th-November-2006, 02:44 PM
Me and Trouble are going. Never been before but have been told it's great.

Can't wait.:grin:

blimey, are we, thought we were still investigating.??? - see my thread.

Little Monkey
16th-November-2006, 11:26 AM
Could it really only be 78 sleeps to Southport??? Wooooooooooooooo!:clap:

:D

Trouble
16th-November-2006, 01:44 PM
im going, im going, im going, im going.....cant wait, cant wait, cant wait

well at least I WILL BE GOING WHEN DOUBLE TROUBLE PULLS HER FINGER OUT AND TELLS ME IF SHE IS GOING ALONE OR WITH SPIN DRYER........:mad:

im going, im going, im going,,,, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait,

booking form in hand,, cheque book in other hand,, posting on Monday. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

johnah
16th-November-2006, 03:03 PM
BTW what was the deal Jonnah? How much to I have left to pay and exactly by when?

The Forum is not the correct place for the response you are requesting. Sorry. You need to email me at john@jiveaddiction.com please. I can say, however, that balances due under the "deal" are due to be paid by tomorrow, 17 November.

johnah
16th-November-2006, 03:08 PM
im going, im going, im going, im going.....cant wait, cant wait, cant wait

well at least I WILL BE GOING WHEN DOUBLE TROUBLE PULLS HER FINGER OUT AND TELLS ME IF SHE IS GOING ALONE OR WITH SPIN DRYER........:mad:

im going, im going, im going,,,, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait,

booking form in hand,, cheque book in other hand,, posting on Monday. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ladies, a little advance warning! :blush: :tears:

Within the next few days we expect to be implementing our 'gender balancing policy!' Which will mean, bookings only being accepted for mixed couples and men only.

jivebunny
16th-November-2006, 05:14 PM
My cheque has been recieved!!!:clap: :clap:

78 sleeps to go and counting! :nice:

Jamie
16th-November-2006, 05:27 PM
I shall definately be attending, hope to see more of you forumites at southport, last few times I've been I've not known many people, should know a lot more this time around though!

Need to book rly soon actually, lol not got round to it yet!

MartinHarper
20th-November-2006, 02:33 AM
Ooh, I should book and stuff.
Anyone care to share a "chalet", or should I play axe murderer lottery like last time?

stewart38
21st-November-2006, 03:26 PM
Whats the train service like form London to the southport and the Taxi cost etc

I don’t like M6 and snow or ice or anything

Are they still allowing people on site after midnight on that Friday ?? (If it’s a drive

Caro
21st-November-2006, 03:32 PM
Looks like I'm going :clap: :clap: :D :clap: :yum: :drool:

(can you tell am looking forward to it?)

I'll be just back from Africa and very, very much dancing deprived at this stage... so men... beware! :D :devil:

jivebunny
21st-November-2006, 03:35 PM
73 sleeps! :clap: :clap: :clap:

fletch
21st-November-2006, 04:22 PM
73 sleeps! :clap: :clap: :clap:

that all :eek:

I better get shopping :waycool:

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 06:00 PM
Just paid up for this. :clap: :clap: Now, any advice on how to inform the husband i'm going away again? :blush:

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 06:05 PM
Just paid up for this. :clap: :clap: Now, any advice on how to inform the husband i'm going away again? :blush:

Send him away for the weekend, on something that he wants to do. And he'll never know... :innocent:

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 06:13 PM
Send him away for the weekend, on something that he wants to do. And he'll never know... :innocent:

Nah, then i'd have no-one to look after the kids! :wink:

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 06:14 PM
Nah, then i'd have no-one to look after the kids! :wink:

Oh. Yeah. Cryogenic storage doesn't exist yet, does it :tears:

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, i wonder how big my freezer is. :innocent:

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 06:25 PM

You'd really think that you'd know that by now..... :really:

Lynn
21st-November-2006, 11:25 PM
Flights booked. :D

(For anyone else thinking of flying Easyjet - they are now adding on £19 taxes instead of £10 - still cheap though - worked out at about £35 return. Seat sale til midnight.)

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 05:06 PM
Hmmm, given that this may be Last Chance To Hear for Ceroc DJs, I can see a flood of new applications for this...

Caro
23rd-November-2006, 01:33 PM
Hmmm, given that this may be Last Chance To Hear for Ceroc DJs, I can see a flood of new applications for this...

Does it mean it might get a chance to have a moves-less dance with a grumpy moderator? :whistle:

under par
23rd-November-2006, 04:27 PM
71 sleeps to go:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

David Bailey
23rd-November-2006, 04:40 PM
Does it mean it might get a chance to have a moves-less dance with a grumpy moderator? :whistle:
Don't be silly, I never go anywhere.

The forum would fall apart without me here, anyway.

under par
23rd-November-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't be silly, I never go anywhere.

The forum would fall apart without me here, anyway.

DJ you got double doors all through the house now ?:whistle: :rofl:

David Bailey
23rd-November-2006, 04:52 PM
DJ you got double doors all through the house now ?:whistle: :rofl:
Hey, that was Me As Poster talking, not Me As Moderator. :D

tiger
23rd-November-2006, 04:54 PM
post 108 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

robd
23rd-November-2006, 05:21 PM

You mean your chest

freezer?

Wes
26th-November-2006, 11:07 PM
Ok ladies, :sad: sadly, we have to announce that, as of 01/12/06, in line with our 'gender balancing policy' we will only accept booking's from MIXED COUPLES AND MEN at our February event, however, we will be happy to place ladies on our reserve list from that time, on a 'first come, first served' basis.
So... if any of you forumites have some lady friends wishing to come but have not yet booked then please act sharpish, inform them so that they won't miss this window of opportunity to be at, what promises to be, a really Fabulous Weekender.:clap:

Wes & John

Miss Conduct
27th-November-2006, 02:06 AM
I've not missed a Southport weekender yet and I don't intend to either!

Already booked for Feb AND June! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zebra Woman
29th-November-2006, 02:23 PM
I heard a rumour that

Vincent Simone and Flavia

will be teaching at Southport...

Is this true?

I do hope so! :clap: :drool: :respect:

Lynn
29th-November-2006, 02:30 PM
I do hope so! :clap: :drool: :respect::yeah: That would be fab. :D Teaching tango?

LadyMarmalade
29th-November-2006, 02:33 PM
I heard a rumour that

Is this true?

Yay:clap: :clap:

Wonder if they will do a cabaret?

johnah
29th-November-2006, 02:33 PM
I heard a rumour that

Is this true?

Hello ZW, yes, it's absolutely TRUE!:clap: :clap: :clap: Vincent & Flavia will be teaching and performing in cabaret.:flower:

:yeah: That would be fab. :D Teaching tango?
Vincent & Flavia are the WORLD Argentine Tango Champions Lynn so, there's every likelihood of them teaching AT amongst other disciplines. They are a fabulous dance partnership.:clap: :clap: :clap: :kiss: :flower: :yeah: :hug:

Lynn
29th-November-2006, 02:42 PM
Vincent & Flavia are the WORLD Argentine Tango Champions Lynn so, there's every likelihood of them teaching AT amongst other disciplines. I know they are, that's why I was hoping they would be teaching some AT. Looking forward to this even more now!

Zebra Woman
29th-November-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow that is fantastic news John! What a scoop!

They are simply amazing together :drool: :drool: :drool:

TheTramp
29th-November-2006, 02:43 PM
Cool. When are you going to get Karen Hardy and Camilla Dallerup then John? :whistle:

foxylady
29th-November-2006, 02:59 PM
no no - we need Brendan Cole.....

John and Wes - get me Brendan Cole and I'll do anything, abosultely anything for you !!!

(and Vincent and Flavia - :clap: :clap: )

Wes
29th-November-2006, 04:04 PM
John and Wes - get me Brendan Cole and I'll do anything, abosultely anything for you !!!

foxylady.... anything?!?!:whistle:

johnah
29th-November-2006, 04:49 PM

aaaaaahhhhhhh! Telling Kris.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
29th-November-2006, 05:47 PM
Cool. When are you going to get Karen Hardy and Camilla Dallerup then John? :whistle:

Just for the record, I'm not prepared to do anything for you.....

Wes
29th-November-2006, 06:27 PM
What you sayin' PAL ?!?

TheTramp
29th-November-2006, 06:40 PM
What you sayin' PAL ?!?

Just that I'm not prepared to do anything, just to get Camilla and Karen there.

Most things. Not quite anything tho! :whistle:

johnah
29th-November-2006, 06:46 PM
Just that I'm not prepared to do anything, just to get Camilla and Karen there.

Most things. Not quite anything tho! :whistle:

OK, so how far are you prepared to go then Trampy?:whistle:

LadyMarmalade
29th-November-2006, 07:02 PM
no no - we need Brendan Cole.....

(and Vincent and Flavia - :clap: :clap: )

Yes, Brendan PLEEEEEEEEEEASE:clap: :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
29th-November-2006, 08:27 PM
OK, so how far are you prepared to go then Trampy?:whistle:

Who knows until I'm pushed! :yum:

johnah
29th-November-2006, 10:31 PM
Who knows until I'm pushed! :yum:

OK, I'm pushing real hard! So, how far are you prepared to go? Go on be a legend and perhaps you'll become a giant too!!:rofl: :rofl:

Juju
29th-November-2006, 10:39 PM
Vincent & Flavia will be teaching and performing in cabaret.:flower:... Vincent & Flavia are the WORLD Argentine Tango Champions... there's every likelihood of them teaching AT amongst other disciplines. They are a fabulous dance partnership:

I can almost hear the flurry of paperwork chez DJ as he rushes to get himself booked in. :wink:

David Bailey
29th-November-2006, 10:46 PM
I can almost hear the flurry of paperwork chez DJ as he rushes to get himself booked in. :wink:

I admit, it's very very tempting. And being a man, I can leave it until about 20 minutes beforehand before I book of course.

But... Southport? February? Does the phrase "Monkeys of Brass" ring any bells?

Juju
29th-November-2006, 10:51 PM
One word...

Flavia.

Does that do it?

:wink:

foxylady
29th-November-2006, 11:01 PM

Anything legal Wes, anything legal.... :devil:

David Bailey
29th-November-2006, 11:05 PM
One word...

Flavia.

Does that do it?

:wink:
Does it for me, definitely.

But then, I think - well, if they're a success, they'll be there in June, and if not, then probably even better teachers will be. Plus, it'll be about 2,000 degrees warmer then.

Wes
30th-November-2006, 12:12 AM
Anything legal Wes, anything legal.... :devil:

Spoilsport;)

johnah
14th-December-2006, 03:28 PM
I admit, it's very very tempting. And being a man, I can leave it until about 20 minutes beforehand before I book of course.

But... Southport? February? Does the phrase "Monkeys of Brass" ring any bells?

Not with me. It has been known to be warmer in the North than the South at this time of year. Earlier this year, same weekend in February for example, it was bright and sunny in Scarborough and dull, raining and miserable down south I'm told. :wink:

Make no mistake, if you love to dance, Southport next February will be the place to be!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-December-2006, 04:34 PM
Not with me. It has been known to be warmer in the North than the South at this time of year. Earlier this year, same weekend in February for example, it was bright and sunny in Scarborough and dull, raining and miserable down south I'm told. :wink:

Make no mistake, if you love to dance, Southport next February will be the place to be!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I would be there in a shot - if it wasnt so early in February. If theres still one in June, will go for that one :)

johnah
14th-December-2006, 05:10 PM
I would be there in a shot - if it wasnt so early in February. If theres still one in June, will go for that one :)

However, for those who can't make February, for what ever reason, there's still June 01-04 and September 14-17 to look forward too.

Cruella
14th-December-2006, 05:21 PM
:clap: I'll be at all 3. :clap:

johnah
14th-December-2006, 05:41 PM

:respect: :respect: :respect: and, it seems Foxylady will now be at all 3 too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cruella
14th-December-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes i know, she's stalking me!! :drool:
The men are so jealous. :D

johnah
14th-December-2006, 06:02 PM
Yes i know, she's stalking me!! :drool:
The men are so jealous. :D

Don't blame the men for one second. Two lovely ladies and fabulous dancers, :drool: the men will be queuing as per usual I suspect.:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :flower:

Dance Demon
14th-December-2006, 06:17 PM

Me too.......:clap: :clap:

fletch
14th-December-2006, 06:29 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and me :flower:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

WittyBird
14th-December-2006, 07:32 PM

Ditto that :D

Don't blame the men for one second. Two lovely ladies and fabulous dancers, :drool: the men will be queuing as per usual I suspect.:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :flower:

You really can go off some people :whistle:

:yeah: can't wait :worthy:

fletch
14th-December-2006, 07:45 PM
:yeah: can't wait :worthy:

that's another fine mess you have got me into :D

how many day's now :confused:

Jamie
14th-December-2006, 07:53 PM
Can't wait!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Minnie M
14th-December-2006, 08:05 PM

Me too.......:clap: :clap:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
me four :clap: :clap:

I'm bringing a Southport virgin with me in Feb - a good dancer too AND a boy :clap: (not a forumite) his name is Robert (from Worthing)

I am also trying to persuade Christopher to come too (that is if there is still space for boys)

David Bailey
14th-December-2006, 08:12 PM
There should be a limit on the amount of smilies people can use in posts...

Minnie M
14th-December-2006, 08:42 PM
There should be a limit on the amount of smilies people can use in posts...

you are sounding like Trampy now :rolleyes: you'll be giving neg rep for too many smilies soon :whistle:

Don't be such a grump DJ - it's nearly Christmas :clap:

Wes
14th-December-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm bringing a Southport virgin with me in Feb - a good dancer too AND a boy (not a forumite) his name is Robert (from Worthing)

I am also trying to persuade Christopher to come too (that is if there is still space for boys)__________________

There certainly are still places for 'boys;!!

David Bailey
14th-December-2006, 09:15 PM
you are sounding like Trampy now :rolleyes: you'll be giving neg rep for too many smilies soon :whistle:
There's a thought... :whistle:

Don't be such a grump DJ - it's nearly Christmas :clap:
Why do you think I'm so grumpy?

Minnie M
14th-December-2006, 09:23 PM
There's a thought... :whistle:

Why do you think I'm so grumpy?
please see comment above :rolleyes:

Speaking as a good Jewish gal - at Christmas & Chanukkah time (Chanukka first candle is tomorrow) we should be allowed double smilie quota
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fletch
14th-December-2006, 10:24 PM
I am also trying to persuade Christopher to come too (that is if there is still space for boys)

is that Christopher who lives in Brighton tall with wavey hair, glasses, :confused: nice dancer, bit off a looker, would look nice in a white shirt :wink:

TheTramp
15th-December-2006, 02:18 AM

I've never given neg rep for too many smilies....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Though, I have to admit to being very tempted 3 posts later.... :rolleyes:

Cruella
15th-December-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm bringing a Southport virgin with me in Feb - a good dancer too AND a boy :clap: (not a forumite) his name is Robert (from Worthing)
Ooh, fresh talent, cool. :wink:

I am also trying to persuade Christopher to come too (that is if there is still space for boys) Please try hard, he's :drool: to dance with.

Minnie M
15th-December-2006, 09:06 AM
is that Christopher who lives in Brighton tall with wavey hair, glasses, :confused: nice dancer, bit off a looker, would look nice in a white shirt :wink:

The very same :drool:

.............. Please try hard, he's :drool: to dance with.

Oh yes, I certainly am :yeah:

Ooh, fresh talent, cool. :wink: ..........
Robert is great for those slow playful dances - he soooooooooo dances with his lady :drool:

fletch
15th-December-2006, 09:09 AM
The very same :drool

oooo! do your best Minnie, we need him :waycool:

johnah
15th-December-2006, 02:49 PM
You really can go off some people :whistle:
:tears: Becs you're lovely too and you know I always look forward to our dances! :hug: :kiss: :flower:

And, as for Fletch, well, what can I say other than she is certainly one of the loveliest, happiest ladies anyone could ever meet and a joy to dance with. :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Little Monkey
16th-December-2006, 12:41 PM

And me! :clap:

BeccaB
26th-December-2006, 08:43 PM
Silly me took too long in deciding on whether or not to go in Feb, I have people on a listen for any spare female tickets, has anyone heard of any? I even asked Santa if I could go and he didn't pull through this year!

Caz
27th-December-2006, 07:04 PM
yeah def going to southport in Feb. went in September and had a WICKED time.. can't wait already!!

:grin:

Wes
1st-January-2007, 02:38 PM
Silly me took too long in deciding on whether or not to go in Feb, I have people on a listen for any spare female tickets, has anyone heard of any? I even asked Santa if I could go and he didn't pull through this year!

Sorry to hear this BeccaB,:sad: but, we do keep plugging that ladies should book in very early. Don't leave June too late!
But, you still have time to get in if you can find a guy to BOOK IN with,
(you don’t have to share with him). Failing that, we can certainly put your name on the reserve list. (the earlier the better)
This event really does have an awesome line-up of dance stars that should not be missed at any cost!
Good Luck!

BeccaB
1st-January-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Wes, I would have booked earlier but I was due to have an operation tomorrow and found out last week as the doc jabbed me with needles it wasn't going to happen till late feb. I have never begged so many strange men to book a dance weekend with me! My reputation is going down hill! If any men are thinking of booking think of me and let me come too! :)

Wes how do I get myself on the reserve list?

under par
1st-January-2007, 05:15 PM
Just a thought about the Hollywood theme part of Saturday night.

Mrs Par and I have always taken great pride in our costumes and when we left Southport in Sept I challenged the scottish contingent to try and take the fancy dress title from the English........:wink:

Well it might just well be a little easier in February for the scots because Mrs Par and I are not going to be availabe on the Saturday evening.:sad: :sad: :sad:

We will be off site Saturday evening for 6 hours locally for a family 30th birthday party:cheers:

We will be back in the blues room by 2 am though:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

33 days to go apparently:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zebra Woman
1st-January-2007, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear this BeccaB,:sad: but, we do keep plugging that ladies should book in very early. Don't leave June too late!
But, you still have time to get in if you can find a guy to BOOK IN with,
(you don’t have to share with him). Failing that, we can certainly put your name on the reserve list. (the earlier the better)
This event really does have an awesome line-up of dance stars that should not be missed at any cost!
Good Luck!

I am in the same position as BeccaB :sad: .

Help.... Help...:tears:

If any guys are booking for Feb Southport in the next few weeks without a female to match, please PM me. Like Becca I don't want to share your chalet, I just want to get in.

Thanks

ZW:flower:

Tortoise
3rd-January-2007, 11:02 AM
yep i will be there and cant wait. so excited. love it, love it, love it:nice:

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2007, 07:37 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm in!!! :grin:

I was lucky enough to be helped in by a friend, but I know there are a lot of women on the reserve list still waiting. So, if you are a guy thinking about booking, please hurry up and commit. You know how us women like to be organised, less than a month to go!

Thank you to my friend :hug: :flower:

ZW

Dance Demon
3rd-January-2007, 08:02 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yay.....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....wouldn't be the same without you ....can I book a couple of dances now pleeze :flower: :hug:

Simon
3rd-January-2007, 08:07 PM
Yay.....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....wouldn't be the same without you ....can I book a couple of dances now pleeze :flower: :hug:Ditto. :flower:

stewart38
3rd-January-2007, 08:31 PM

I was lucky enough to be helped in by a friend, but I know there are a lot of women on the reserve list still waiting. So, if you are a guy thinking about booking, please hurry up and commit. You know how us women like to be organised, less than a month to go!

Thank you to my friend :hug: :flower:

ZW

Is it going to snow , M6 in snow :sad:

I am tempted , The beach,views and the lobsters look good too :whistle:

killingtime
4th-January-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm one of those rubbish men that has only thought about booking just now (to be fair it is more that I've realised my weekender calendar is looking a little empty). Anyone going from Edinburgh? I'll be all by my lonesome this time and I'd hate to be left with just my thoughts (they'd drive me crazy :rolleyes: ).

under par
5th-January-2007, 11:35 AM
Ditto. :flower:

Simon .. pray tell me is Elaine also attending, she hasn't voted yet!

Can I be on her dance card if she is please.

BeccaB
5th-January-2007, 12:10 PM
Poor little me is still hunting for a man to book with, anyone? anyone? help!!!! They get so close and then just can't decide! it's not me honest.
Well done Zebra Woman.
Anybody? You don't even have to share with me just book!

under par
5th-January-2007, 12:19 PM
Poor little me is still hunting for a man to book with, anyone? anyone? help!!!! They get so close and then just can't decide! it's not me honest.
Well done Zebra Woman.
Anybody? You don't even have to share with me just book!

try a pm to killing time

Zebra Woman
5th-January-2007, 12:32 PM
try a pm to killing time

Oh UP ! You took the words right off my keyboard...

Fingers crossed BeccaB. :grin:

ZW

killingtime
5th-January-2007, 04:13 PM
Fingers crossed BeccaB. :grin:

We are chatting about it at the moment. I need to check transport over this weekend otherwise looks like we can get that sorted :clap:.

TheTramp
5th-January-2007, 04:23 PM
Can probably offer you a lift if you can get to Perth Gary!

Comes complete with cakes from Little Monkey too! :D

BeccaB
5th-January-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow I wish I was in Scotland! Looking for a job up there at the moment anyone got any of them going too? I only want to move up for the dancing!
Tho not many people know me on here, you're all going to make me a happy little bunny if I can go to Southport :)

TheTramp
5th-January-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow I wish I was in Scotland! Looking for a job up there at the moment anyone got any of them going too? I only want to move up for the dancing!
Tho not many people know me on here, you're all going to make me a happy little bunny if I can go to Southport :)

Where in Scotland are you looking to move to? And what do you want to do?

Dundee is obviously the best place to be! :rolleyes:

BeccaB
5th-January-2007, 05:19 PM
I had my eye on Edinburgh purely because I was up there for WCS the other week and I love that. But I know Dundee is great I have an Aunty in Fife so have visited a bit.
At the minute i'm a waitress which is sad and boring, but finishing uni on forensic investigation masters so would like something along those lines, failing that i'll join the police (I'm not a bad person honest) or anything to do with fraud investigating not commiting! :)

fletch
6th-January-2007, 06:49 PM
I need to get my fancy dress sorted :really:

how long have we got left :confused:

bring it on .......:clap:

WittyBird
6th-January-2007, 07:22 PM
I need to get my fancy dress sorted :really:

Sorry *cough* *splutter* don't you mean *our*

Minnie M
6th-January-2007, 07:59 PM
I wonder how many Marilyn Monroe's will be there :whistle:

fletch
6th-January-2007, 09:15 PM
Sorry *cough* *splutter* don't you mean *our*

shhhhhh I thought is was a secret :rolleyes:

I wonder how many Marilyn Monroe's will be there :whistle:

Not me :na:

expect the unexpected :waycool:

BeccaB
6th-January-2007, 11:12 PM
Took so much to try and get there and hopefully that's all sorted so yeay and a big thank you to killingtime, that I haven't thought of an outfit and now im trying nothing is coming to my head!
Hollywood?!! Great theme tho, now think!!!!!

FirstMove
7th-January-2007, 01:04 AM
I'll probably be booking up on Tuesday. I just need to my persuade my friend/driver to come too, cos I hate the train journey.

So, one or maybe two females places are up for grabs ....

.... selection criteria is the best essay with the following title "I am a forumette, which means that I should be able to get tickets to Southport at short notice, even though there is a long waiting list of more organised women than me"

:)

Little Monkey
7th-January-2007, 10:33 PM
Can probably offer you a lift if you can get to Perth Gary!

Comes complete with cakes from Little Monkey too! :D

You still thinking of going down on Thursday night? That doesn't seem to be a very good plan for me, so if you are, I'll have to look for other transport methods....... And there wouldn't be any cake for you and Killingtime to munch on the journey in that case!:wink:

As for cakes - I'm thinking about making a chocolate and chestnut cream cake (I know, Trampy, not good for you!), something with blueberries (possibly another cheesecake?) and possibly some muffins or a traybake of some kind.... Or what about a carrot cake??:drool: What do people think?

Oh, and Hollywood fancy dress theme..... I have NO idea of what to wear, so will probably just come as myself.:rolleyes:

SuzyQ
7th-January-2007, 11:19 PM
Anyone know of a Hollywood actress who was tall with brown choppy hair.
Am really not very good at fancy dress - hmf!

MartinHarper
7th-January-2007, 11:26 PM
.... selection criteria is the best essay with the following title "I am a forumette, which means that I should be able to get tickets to Southport at short notice, even though there is a long waiting list of more organised women than me"

Ha.

I'm loving the posts saying "I'm looking for a guy to book with, on condition that he stays in a different chalet, and we don't have to talk to each other at any point".

fletch
7th-January-2007, 11:32 PM
Ha.

I'm loving the posts saying "I'm looking for a guy to book with, on condition that he stays in a different chalet, and we don't have to talk to each other at any point".

You missed her then, I was asked just that very question this afternoon at the 't' you danced with her :rofl:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 12:21 AM
You still thinking of going down on Thursday night? That doesn't seem to be a very good plan for me, so if you are, I'll have to look for other transport methods....... And there wouldn't be any cake for you and Killingtime to munch on the journey in that case!:wink:

Ok. You've persuaded me. Friday morning it is! :D

Little Monkey
8th-January-2007, 01:44 AM
Ok. You've persuaded me. Friday morning it is! :D

And what kind of cake is your favourite then?:whistle: :hug:

David Bailey
8th-January-2007, 09:56 AM
Anyone know of a Hollywood actress who was tall with brown choppy hair.
Sigourney Weaver in Aliens? You'd get to dress up in combats and carry a Big Gun :)

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 09:59 AM
And what kind of cake is your favourite then?:whistle: :hug:

Fruitcake. With cherries.

But I can do cheesecake too. Raspberry is good!

:drool:

Tinkerbell
8th-January-2007, 10:57 AM
Little Monkey, the Chocolate & Banana cake you made in Sept was amazing, best cake I have ever tasted! Think you should do that one again :drool:

fletch
8th-January-2007, 10:59 AM
Sigourney Weaver in Aliens? You'd get to dress up in combats and carry a Big Gun :)

thanks very much :rolleyes:

I can just imagine Witty in her combats with one of those big water pistols :eek:

WittyBird
8th-January-2007, 11:04 AM
thanks very much :rolleyes:

I can just imagine Witty in her combats with one of those big water pistols :eek:

Nah im doing Lara Croft even easier for me :whistle:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 11:16 AM
Little Monkey, the Chocolate & Banana cake you made in Sept was amazing, best cake I have ever tasted! Think you should do that one again :drool:

Are you travelling down with us too then? :hug:

Tinkerbell
8th-January-2007, 11:23 AM
Are you travelling down with us too then? :hug:

I'll prob just drive down as I'm not a great passenger (feel sick on long journeys unless I'm driving) :sick:

However I'm sure you will save me a piece of cake....or there will be trouble :yum:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll prob just drive down as I'm not a great passenger (feel sick on long journeys unless I'm driving) :sick:

However I'm sure you will save me a piece of cake....or there will be trouble :yum:

Fantastic. We'll all come in your car then. It'll be nice to not have to drive for a change :clap:

Little Monkey
8th-January-2007, 02:17 PM
Fantastic. We'll all come in your car then. It'll be nice to not have to drive for a change :clap:

Just remember to leave lots of space for all the cakes I'll be bringing!:wink:

Remember, Little Monkey's cafe prices are: One hug per cup of tea or coffee, two hugs per piece of cake.:D

Little Monkey, the Chocolate & Banana cake you made in Sept was amazing, best cake I have ever tasted! Think you should do that one again

Oh dear, it's going to be a lot of cakes this time..... You sure you don't want to try something else? We'll see, I've not decided what to bake yet. It might end up being chocolate and banana again, if you're lucky!

All this talk of cakes will soon get this thread amputated and stitched onto the cake diary thread...... I bet KevF is lurking, just waiting to chop my posts off..... CAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKE!

Caro
8th-January-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh dear, it's going to be a lot of cakes this time.....

May be this time I'll get a chance to taste one of them :whistle: :wink:

Dizzy
8th-January-2007, 02:39 PM

Me too!! :whistle:

There was talk of a cheesecake at September Southport but I never saw it :tears:.

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 02:54 PM
Even tho I've not had the pleasure of knowing many of the forumites at past Southports, and have managed to find a male (Killingtime) to go to Southport, who is travelling with all the cakes, and i'm nice really :) can I have a slice? cheesecake is my weakness. There I've said it....
I am a cheesecake-aholic!!!!!!!

Please forgive me and thank u! :)

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:04 PM
Even tho I've not had the pleasure of knowing many of the forumites at past Southports, and have managed to find a male (Killingtime) to go to Southport, who is travelling with all the cakes, and i'm nice really :) can I have a slice?

Maybe. If there's any left by the time we get to Southport! ;)

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 03:07 PM
I have to go cold turkey!!!!!! :eek:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:08 PM
I have to go cold turkey!!!!!! :eek:

On cheesecake?? :eek:

killingtime
8th-January-2007, 03:08 PM

You kidding I'm in the car and...

Remember, Little Monkey's cafe prices are: One hug per cup of tea or coffee, two hugs per piece of cake.:D

I like cake and I like hugs :hug: so I might live my life in hug debt by eating yummy cake :drool:.

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll start storing up the hugs, ready. Can get an advance on a piece of cake if LM is coming along tonight :D

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 03:14 PM
ok can I have a crumb then? since those 2 are going to be eating it all! :tears:

And now I make my way to the kitchen to learn to make cheesecake, then I'll have as many friends as LM!!!! :blush:

Change of plan after what happened when I last tried to cook I'll go to the yellow pages for a class!!

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:15 PM
ok can I have a crumb then? since those 2 are going to be eating it all! :tears:

Well, I suppose I could save you a piece. But I charge 3 hugs :flower:

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 03:19 PM
3 hugs? and dances for the lift thats being supplied to Killingtime? And you're not even making the cheesecake!!!!! Or driving now by the looks of it!
I'll have to see what the driver wants to make sure I don't go into debt! :whistle:

Sheepman
8th-January-2007, 03:19 PM
As for cakes - I'm thinking about making a chocolate and chestnut cream cake (I know, Trampy, not good for you!), something with blueberries (possibly another cheesecake?) and possibly some muffins or a traybake of some kind.... Or what about a carrot cake??:drool: What do people think? Yes please! :drool:

Oh, and Hollywood fancy dress theme..... I have NO idea of what to wear, so will probably just come as myself.:rolleyes: Well Ronald Reagan did appear in a film with a monkey...
There again, Marilyn Monroe was in Monkey Business :whistle:

Greg

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:27 PM
3 hugs? and dances for the lift thats being supplied to Killingtime? And you're not even making the cheesecake!!!!! Or driving now by the looks of it!
I'll have to see what the driver wants to make sure I don't go into debt! :whistle:

Oh. I expect I'll be driving. Don't think we'd all fit into Tinkerbell's car. Anyhow, it's all about supply and demand.... :rolleyes:

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok then to the original plan cos i'll never learn to make cheesecake! Dances for the driver and hugs if I'm allowed cheesecake, cos thats not been decided yet! :innocent:
Right so now I've been on here begging for someone to book with and now cheesecake :blush: What has become of me!

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, I have it on good authority that a little begging and selling yourself to total strangers goes a long way these days!

SuzyQ
8th-January-2007, 04:02 PM

Aw ... only just saw this ... after buying a beautiful 50s style dress ...
Hmm ... do you think a mixture of the 2 could work ... classic hollywood actress type meets Aliens ... Suzy in nice dress with big gun :sick:

Yliander
8th-January-2007, 06:04 PM

There was talk of a cheesecake at September Southport but I never saw it :tears:.:yeah:

Little Monkey
8th-January-2007, 06:45 PM

There was talk of a cheesecake at September Southport but I never saw it :tears:.

Well, if any of you had come to my chalet and asked....... I was there on my own most of the time, anyway, eating painkillers and being bored!:tears:

Even tho I've not had the pleasure of knowing many of the forumites at past Southports, and have managed to find a male (Killingtime) to go to Southport, who is travelling with all the cakes, and i'm nice really :) can I have a slice? cheesecake is my weakness. There I've said it....
I am a cheesecake-aholic!!!!!!!

Please forgive me and thank u! :)

Well, if you're a good girl...... :wink: Can't promise cheesecake, though. Not sure what there will be yet! But September's blueberry cheesecake was rather yummy, if I may say so myself.....:drool:

Maybe. If there's any left by the time we get to Southport! ;)

You kidding I'm in the car and...

I like cake and I like hugs :hug: so I might live my life in hug debt by eating yummy cake :drool:.

Greedy guts! I think I'll have to put the price up for the two of you! Back massage, please?

I'll start storing up the hugs, ready. Can get an advance on a piece of cake if LM is coming along tonight :D

I'll be there! But I don't accept advance 'payment' (or bribes).

Well, I suppose I could save you a piece. But I charge 3 hugs :flower:

Hah! And who's baking the cakes? You charge three hugs?? You'd better be careful, or there'll be nuts in all my cakes, mister!

Pah.............:mad:

BeccaB
8th-January-2007, 07:05 PM
LM I'm always a good girl! :innocent:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 07:40 PM
Hah! And who's baking the cakes? You charge three hugs?? You'd better be careful, or there'll be nuts in all my cakes, mister!

I'll be able to save lots of pieces for Becca and anyone else then! :tears:

under par
9th-January-2007, 01:13 AM
Can you also save me a piece ? Can I really wait 25 days to taste your lovely wares!!! oH i'M SURE i CAN MMMMMMMMM!

stewart38
9th-January-2007, 12:56 PM
Can I assume from London by train the only viable route is via Liverpool ie from Euston or via wigan all from Euston ?

Does anyone know what a taxi cost form Southport station and/or Liverpool to Pontins

Assume getting taxi at 5am on Monday morning isn’t a problem ??

This is looking feasible :what:

Dizzy
9th-January-2007, 01:28 PM
Can I assume from London by train the only viable route is via Liverpool ie from Euston or via wigan all from Euston ?

Does anyone know what a taxi cost form Southport station and/or Liverpool to Pontins

Assume getting taxi at 5am on Monday morning isn’t a problem ??

This is looking feasible :what:

Has anyone ever told you that "assumptions are the mother of all f**k-ups" :whistle:

Just a thought :flower:

Lynn
9th-January-2007, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know what a taxi cost form Southport station and/or Liverpool to PontinsDon't go to Southport station - its Ainsdale - several stops before Southport - where you need to get off for Pontins.

You'll need to change trains somewhere in Liverpool to get on the right line (from memory), but I think from Liverpool to Ainsdale is about 45 mins - then its a 15 walk straight down from the station to Pontins, or you can get a taxi if you have a local number with you.

Andy McGregor
9th-January-2007, 01:43 PM
Has anyone ever told you that "assumptions are the mother of all f**k-ups" :whistle:

Just a thought :flower:I always thought it was "assume makes an ass of u & me"

fletch
12th-January-2007, 01:26 PM
If any one is interested I have the Witty 1 stopping at mine before we go to SP on the Thursday,:clap: if any one want's to brake the journey and stop at mine send me a PM, we could always go to Wolverhampton Ceroc on the Thursday evening :wink: :devil:

icebraker
12th-January-2007, 01:36 PM
If any one is interested I have the Witty 1 stopping at mine before we go to SP on the Thursday,:clap: if any one want's to brake the journey and stop at mine send me a PM, we could always go to Wolverhampton Ceroc on the Thursday evening :wink: :devil: bab's your beening dearing arnt you :hug: :kiss:

fletch
12th-January-2007, 01:50 PM
bab's your beening dearing arnt you :hug: :kiss:

shhhhhh:wink:

'he' might not notice me :na:

WittyBird
12th-January-2007, 02:23 PM
'he' might not notice me :na:

No but the bugger will notice me :rofl:

BeccaB
13th-January-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm getting myself all excited already! :D Have we got a count down yet?

jive_me
13th-January-2007, 06:08 PM
Was there a thread lurking round about what to take to Southport??? I'm already thinking on what to pack to avoid a last minute disaster (although living a 45 minute drive away means a disaster might not be so huge). Can anyone direct me to it please???? :flower: :flower:

I'm very excited. This time I'm driving over with passengers. Roadtrip :clap:

xXx:flower:

Lynn
13th-January-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm getting myself all excited already! :D Have we got a count down yet?UP has occasionally been reminding us. :rolleyes: Just under 3 weeks now.

Minnie M
13th-January-2007, 06:12 PM
Too cold for a picnic - but............... anyone want to stop off for 'lunch/coffee etc break" etc., at the Stafford Junction??

Zebra Woman
13th-January-2007, 06:17 PM
Was there a thread lurking round about what to take to Southport??? I'm already thinking on what to pack to avoid a last minute disaster (although living a 45 minute drive away means a disaster might not be so huge). Can anyone direct me to it please???? :flower: :flower:

I'm very excited. This time I'm driving over with passengers. Roadtrip :clap:

This one's good for what to take:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6149

And this one's quite good for how to survive:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5351

See you there Jive me, I'll be the stripey one.

ZW

jive_me
13th-January-2007, 06:53 PM
Thank You Zebra Woman :hug: I'm going to get some colours put in my hair so I should be easily recognisable :clap:

FirstMove
13th-January-2007, 07:36 PM
Too cold for a picnic ...

Also too cold for a forum BBQ. Anyone fancy a pool party instead ? :devil:

stewart38
17th-January-2007, 08:36 PM
what happened to the count down ?:(

David Bailey
17th-January-2007, 08:52 PM
what happened to the count down ?:(
It's seen as thread bumping, so is liable for infractions.

Caro
17th-January-2007, 09:26 PM
It's seen as thread bumping, so is liable for infractions.

:angry: come on the southport thread is not the southport thread if UP can't do the count down!!!

I want the countdown back!!!! Ditch the infraction thing for once!

16 days to go!!!!
yeah!!!!

tsh
18th-January-2007, 12:28 PM
If we don't have a count down, how are we going to know when it's time to go? I assume the blues room is the unofficial forum meeting point? (does that make this a real post and not a thread bump?)

Sean

stewart38
18th-January-2007, 12:37 PM
:angry: come on the southport thread is not the southport thread if UP can't do the count down!!!

I want the countdown back!!!! Ditch the infraction thing for once!

16 days to go!!!!
yeah!!!!

well i can take it i guess :sad:

No any rep wont make it better :whistle:

I think the first Southport got 240 posts in total , how things change

Lory
18th-January-2007, 12:42 PM
I assume the blues room is the unofficial forum meeting point?

No-ones mentioned a forum gathering yet, I wonder if one's been scheduled into the timetable in the official booklet this time?

Question, what extra things are people packing, to cope with it being much colder this time? :flower:

David Bailey
18th-January-2007, 12:53 PM
{jobsworth}I don't make the rules, I'm just The Enforcer :na: {/jobsworth}

If you want to discuss thread bumping, I suggest you create a separate thread. :)

BeccaB
18th-January-2007, 01:21 PM
Question, what extra things are people packing, to cope with it being much colder this time?

Jumpers, Jumpers, Jumpers, hot water bottles, extra sleeping bag, and long socks! I don't like being cold. :cool:
It's either that or dance a lot to stay warm.

TheTramp
18th-January-2007, 02:33 PM
Jumpers, Jumpers, Jumpers, hot water bottles, extra sleeping bag, and long socks! I don't like being cold. :cool:
It's either that or dance a lot to stay warm.

I'll take the 'dance a lot' option. Thanks :D

under par
18th-January-2007, 02:44 PM
No-ones mentioned a forum gathering yet, I wonder if one's been scheduled into the timetable in the official booklet this time?

yes there is a Forum gathering organised as usual Southport wouldn't be the same without it:cheers:

Question, what extra things are people packing, to cope with it being much colder this time? :flower:

Although all chalets will have there heaters left for 24 hours before we arrive extra hot drinks, footwear to get to the venue to protect your dance shoes,
wooly jumpers, umbrellas, extra towells, might be optional extras to consider.

But then again it might be really dry and sunny with no wind:yeah:

only 15 sleeps left to find out eh!

johnah
18th-January-2007, 02:54 PM

Yes, one has been scheduled as you will see in the programme which will be sent out to all Lead Names next week.:cheers:

Wes
18th-January-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, there will be a Forumites:respect: meeting. Friday night, Blues Room, 9 till 10.:cheers:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 03:02 PM

I'm going to be a right pain in the *** I know it :blush: I just hate the cold big time :tears: I neaver seem to get that hot :what:

yes there is a Forum gathering organised as usual Southport wouldn't be the same without it:cheers:

I better get my **** into gear I have done nothing yet :eek:

WittyBird
18th-January-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes, there will be a Forumites:respect: meeting. Friday night, Blues Room, 9 till 10.:cheers:

So thats 9PM until 10am then Wes? :waycool:

under par
18th-January-2007, 03:10 PM

With breakfast too !!!:whistle:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 03:12 PM
With breakfast too !!!:whistle:

:respect:

thanks Wes :cheers: and I just thought that was a one off 1st offer :wink:

BeccaB
18th-January-2007, 03:23 PM

ooo my first meeting! :clap:
I always feel like I pack too much for Southport so I will just stuff my car with jumpers, and drive down on a 'duvet day' :rolleyes:

Lory
18th-January-2007, 03:28 PM
hot water bottles,

I found one HERE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zebra-striped-Furry-Hot-Water-Bottle_W0QQitemZ180073993571QQihZ008QQcategoryZ101 406QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for ZW :D

Wes
18th-January-2007, 03:29 PM
So thats 9PM until 10am then Wes?

Yep!!

WittyBird
18th-January-2007, 03:51 PM
Yep!!

:clap: yay getting really excited now :whistle:

Wes
18th-January-2007, 03:52 PM
With breakfast too !!!

Anyone crazy enough to stay up from 9pm till 10am. is certainly worthy of a free brekky.:respect: :worthy:

Cornish Pixie
18th-January-2007, 03:53 PM
u kno southports getting close wen u everytime u find urself standing, u start swaying from side to side in anticipation of all that blues,mmmm

Lory
18th-January-2007, 03:53 PM
footwear to get to the venue to protect your dance shoes,

Hey Wez and John, here's an idea :wink: http://www.cleanroomsuppliesltd.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=26&kw=shoe%20covers&fl=7465&gclid=CJ3n7dSa6okCFSIOgQodjinUGw

Wes
18th-January-2007, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE][Hey Wez and John, here's an idea http://www.cleanroomsuppliesltd.com/...FSIOgQodjinUGw/QUOTE]

First 1000 applicants gets a free pair.

TheTramp
18th-January-2007, 04:27 PM

Why only 10am? Just cos it's the first night! :yum:

tsh
18th-January-2007, 04:34 PM
Why only 10am? Just cos it's the first night! :yum:

Can't stay there till 10am on Monday - need to get back to work...

Gypsy Rose
18th-January-2007, 04:46 PM

.....and its Nick's (animal talk) 30th Birthday! :clap: :clap: His birthday is on the Friday but he wont be there til late so we'll probably organise a get together by the bar in the blues room for 1am or something....sing happy birthday, bit of cake etc. If you know Nick come and join us,..or if you dont, come anyway! :cheers: :cheers:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 04:49 PM
.....and its Nick's (animal talk) 30th Birthday! :clap: :clap: His birthday is on the Friday but he wont be there til late so we'll probably organise a get together by the bar in the blues room for 1am or something....sing happy birthday, bit of cake etc. If you know Nick come and join us,..or if you dont, come anyway! :cheers: :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is he going to get a birthday dance :flower:

that will be interestin to see the girls fighting for him :devil:

Cornish Pixie
18th-January-2007, 05:20 PM

thats my birthday too!and my names nick and im from the westcountry too!this could get confusing!

but ill still join u guys on friday rosalie! xx

Jamie
18th-January-2007, 05:23 PM
Whoop, love parties, I'm there! :cheers:

WittyBird
18th-January-2007, 05:26 PM
Whoop, love parties, I'm there! :cheers:

If you don't fall asleep and miss the Sunday night :rolleyes:

Jamie
18th-January-2007, 05:33 PM
If you don't fall asleep and miss the Sunday night :rolleyes:

FO Witty! In ma northern accent! :whistle:

WittyBird
18th-January-2007, 06:20 PM
FO Witty! In ma northern accent! :whistle:

I'm deeply hurt :really:

Caz
18th-January-2007, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/orange_buttons_basic/viewpost.gif (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=331632#post331632)

woo...looking forward to forumites meeting.. c u all there!!! not long to go now!!!

CJ
19th-January-2007, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know how many sleeps there are?!?:whistle:

Andy McGregor
19th-January-2007, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know how many sleeps there are?!?:whistle:Sleeping if for wimps :wink:

Shodan
19th-January-2007, 03:52 PM
So from the comments here, you're Rosalie then? If so, hello its Kieran here. :nice:

Rachel was saying about Nicks birthday stuff. I'm in his chalet at the moment along with Andy and Phil. So I'll join you all for fun and games. :nice:

under par
19th-January-2007, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know how many sleeps there are?!?:whistle:

Yes!:whistle:

Andy McGregor
19th-January-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes!:whistle: But how many nights are there? Some of us have more or less than one sleep a day. Do we count cat-naps?

Freya
19th-January-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes!:whistle:

Have you sorted out your costume yet? Are others gonna have a chance this time?

And are you gonna tell us how many are left if you know?

SuzyQ
19th-January-2007, 04:23 PM

And are you gonna tell us how many are left if you know?

Have got a dress to wear (if I'm brave enough) ... but not entirely sure who I am .... er ... can I just be Hollywood in general darhling!
:yeah: Just a big excuse to say 14

Andy McGregor
19th-January-2007, 04:23 PM

And are you gonna tell us how many are left if you know?Mr & Mrs Par are the Torville & Dean of fancy dress. They are currently unbeatable. Maybe they should move onto a global fancy dress arena and leave local competitions to the rest of us.

SuzyQ
19th-January-2007, 04:25 PM
Mr & Mrs Par are the Torville & Dean of fancy dress. They are currently unbeatable. Maybe they should move onto a global fancy dress arena and leave local competitions to the rest of us.

There's always sabotage (keeping with the ice-skating theme) ... :whistle:

SuzyQ
19th-January-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey ... I could wear my roller skating comps dress (childhood hobby) ... then I could be Torville. Did she ever go to Hollywood??

fletch
19th-January-2007, 04:27 PM
So from the comments here, you're Rosalie then? If so, hello its Kieran here. :nice:

Rachel was saying about Nicks birthday stuff. I'm in his chalet at the moment along with Andy and Phil. So I'll join you all for fun and games. :nice:

count me in :clap: it wouldn't be a party with me :wink: :D

I know what I wan't to go as just havn't sorted it yet :blush:

BeccaB
19th-January-2007, 04:55 PM
My outfits sorted. Thank you Freya. The accessories are on their way to me now.
Party's everywhere isn't there! :)

stewart38
19th-January-2007, 05:50 PM
Mr & Mrs Par are the Torville & Dean of fancy dress. They are currently unbeatable. Maybe they should move onto a global fancy dress arena and leave local competitions to the rest of us.

dont think their taking part this time ?

fletch
19th-January-2007, 06:01 PM

thank goodness, might give some one else chance :na:

:D :flower:

I wonder if they are offering conulsting help :what:

under par
19th-January-2007, 06:30 PM
I have previously posted somewhere:confused: ........... that it is with great sadness that Mrs Par and I announce our inability to compete in Southport in Feb (which is 14 sleeps away:yeah: :yeah: as you asked!!)

So we will not be winning another top class prize :sad: :sad: :sad:

We will back on site at about 1am Sunday morning after a little jaunt to visit relatives and look forward with relish:sick: to meeting the new champions:clap: :flower: .

Good luck to all the competitors at the themed night on Saturday 3rd February our thoughts and wishes will be with you.:kiss: :kiss:

May the best costume win.:cheers:

At least the scots will have half a chance now!!:whistle:

under par
19th-January-2007, 06:31 PM
thank goodness, might give some one else chance :na:

:D :flower:

I wonder if they are offering conulsting help :what:

With all the wonderful clothes you wear Fletch you don't need no help:hug:

fletch
19th-January-2007, 06:40 PM
With all the wonderful clothes you wear Fletch you don't need no help:hug:

awwww thanks UP

but I wan't to win :sad:

expect the unexpected from 'the Fletch' :wink:

stewart38
22nd-January-2007, 02:49 PM
whats the latest you can 'check in' on friday

Nothing on the website :sick:

Ceroc its around mid night ?

Think thats past John and Wes Bedtime :sad:

Bill
22nd-January-2007, 02:51 PM
Apparently there are still a few spaces for men so there is a possibility that I may make it down - but as I've not posted for a while and don't have a fancy dress costume I'm not sure if I'll be recognised or if there will be many people I know!!:what:

Fran can't make it so I'd need lots of dances to make up for her absence!

Better go check on tickets :rolleyes:

fletch
22nd-January-2007, 02:56 PM

Not past there bed time, but time to socailise :na: this concept might bit a little difficult for you to understand :wink:

:rofl: :flower:

Lynn
22nd-January-2007, 04:44 PM
Apparently there are still a few spaces for men so there is a possibility that I may make it down - but as I've not posted for a while and don't have a fancy dress costume I'm not sure if I'll be recognised or if there will be many people I know!!:what: You think people would recognise you easier with a fancy dress costume?

I'm sure there'll be plenty there you know. Can I have a dance please? :flower:

Minnie M
22nd-January-2007, 04:53 PM
A Fran can't make it so I'd need lots of dances to make up for her absence...........
that's a real bad news - good news quote

Bad News :
Haven't seen Fran for sooooo long :tears: give her a hug from me please

Good News:
BTC :drool: and no calories ........... I'm in heaven :love:

ducasi
22nd-January-2007, 05:21 PM
Long range forecast (http://ukie.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=PR9%200&metric=1) says dry, sunny, but cold! :brrr:

foxylady
22nd-January-2007, 07:15 PM
Good News:
BTC :drool: and no calories ........... I'm in heaven :love:

Very very good news Bill - I'll fight you for him Minnie :wink:

WittyBird
22nd-January-2007, 08:51 PM
whats the latest you can 'check in' on friday

Nothing on the website :sick:

Ceroc its around mid night ?

You've already asked me to check you in... You've already spoken to John and Wes about me checking you in!

What's the problem??????????
I check you in when I get there, you come find me when u get there as I will have your keys. Hence you can get there as soon as you can.

I will either be in...

Blues room
Blues room
Bar
Blues room
Decking

aint that far to walk :rolleyes:

stewart38
23rd-January-2007, 12:36 AM
You've already asked me to check you in... You've already spoken to John and Wes about me checking you in!

What's the problem??????????
I check you in when I get there, you come find me when u get there as I will have your keys. Hence you can get there as soon as you can.

I will either be in...

Blues room
Blues room
Bar
Blues room
Decking

aint that far to walk :rolleyes:

I know just wondered thats all :sad: Might leave work early got a lot of dancing to do

Ill see you in the bar then drinks on me all weekend :cheers:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2007, 12:49 AM
Ill see you in the bar then drinks on me all weekend :cheers:

I really hope this means you're buying them. Because the other alternative is just too horrible to think about!

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 02:21 AM
OMG so excited now!!! WHOOP :clap::clap::clap:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 02:28 AM
OMG so excited now!!! WHOOP :clap::clap::clap:

Me too:yeah: :yeah: it can't be too long now!!!:whistle:

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 02:56 PM
Me too:yeah: :yeah: it can't be too long now!!!:whistle:

In ur own humble opinion, UP, how long would you say it is??

Could you use a measure that we'd all understand?

Hmmmmm... sleeps, perhaps??

under par
23rd-January-2007, 03:10 PM
In ur own humble opinion, UP, how long would you say it is??

Could you use a measure that we'd all understand?

Hmmmmm... sleeps, perhaps??

Sorry not sure what you mean there CJ:whistle:

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry not sure what you mean there CJ:whistle:

Well....

hypothetically speaking, if someone were to ask you how many sleeps it was until Southport, what would you say to them??

David Bailey
23rd-January-2007, 03:44 PM
Well....

hypothetically speaking, if someone were to ask you how many sleeps it was until Southport, what would you say to them??
Don't mind me, carry on by all means. :innocent:

Little Monkey
23rd-January-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be recognised or if there will be many people I know!!:what:

I may just possibly recognise you, Bill. Maybe.:rolleyes:

Fran can't make it so I'd need lots of dances to make up for her absence!

Better go check on tickets :rolleyes:

Ooooh, what hardship! I will save you a space (or twenty) on my dance card, so you won't feel lonely!:D And feel free to visit Little Monkey's Cafe, which will be in whatever chalet Sheepy and I get allocated - hopefully near the blues room (HINT!):whistle:

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 03:56 PM
Ooooh, what hardship! I will save you a space (or twenty) on my dance card, so you won't feel lonely!:D And feel free to visit Little Monkey's Cafe, which will be in whatever chalet Sheepy and I get allocated - hopefully near the blues room (HINT!):whistle:

Won't be a problem... I've heard that all the DJs get the rooms closest to the blues room...:wink:

Isn't that right, J&W?!?:whistle: :whistle:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 04:12 PM
Well....

hypothetically speaking it might be 10 sleeps to go....

Sorry Franck I missed my couselling session this morning..... 10 ,9,,8,,,7,,,6,,5,,4,,3,,2,,

which helps me stop, hypothetically speaking, counting down.

CJ you are going to get me into trouble again:blush:

Little Monkey
23rd-January-2007, 04:16 PM
Won't be a problem... I've heard that all the DJs get the rooms closest to the blues room...:wink:

What, one of them nice new one's with only one bedroom? Cool! Looking forward to it! :wink:

But seriously, we wouldn't want people to have to trek all across the site from the blues room (or latin or main room....) to get a well deserved piece of cake and a cup of tea, would we now?:whistle:

(Ooooooh, I'm gonna land myself in so much trouble now!)

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 04:23 PM

That's between you, Michelle and Mrs. Par!!!:D

NOTHING to do with me, at all...:whistle: :whistle:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 04:31 PM
That's between you, Michelle and Mrs. Par!!!:D

NOTHING to do with me, at all...:whistle: :whistle:

If Mrs Par even thought I thought what you are thinking, I think she will think about doing somethink 'orrible to me. :whistle:

Absolutely nothing personal Michelle:hug:

fletch
23rd-January-2007, 04:35 PM
If Mrs Par even thought I thought what you are thinking, I think she will think about doing somethink 'orrible to me. :whistle:

If I thought I knew what you lot were thinking, I think I might think you lot were mad. :eek:

johnah
23rd-January-2007, 05:00 PM

So, what's the most most 'orrible 'orrible thing Mrs UP is likely to do then?:rofl:

Oh! and will you kindly tell Mrs UP that the goody bag full of important stuff is in the post to you. Honest, sent it all out today!

Hope you get my drift?:wink: :wink:

johnah
23rd-January-2007, 05:04 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: IS IT?

A little bird, you know one of those seagull things, told me you like fresh air so thought you might like a sleeping bag and a hammock on the beach so you can enjoy the bracing air from the Irish Sea.:whistle: :whistle:

WittyBird
23rd-January-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh! and will you kindly tell Mrs UP that the goody bag full of important stuff is in the post to you.

I got mine this morning :whistle:

under par
24th-January-2007, 01:06 PM
I got mine this morning :whistle:

Well mine arrived this morning.. you must be a special case WB... give you longer to read it :wink:

Isn't lovely to have a week and a half to pick out your classes ,... when to slip in a relaxing massage or go to the pool.

Brochure up to normal high standards:worthy: :worthy:

Fantastic lineup.:respect: :respect:

Maybe I'll do a class or two this time!:blush:

Even less sleep anticipted now:whistle:

NOT LONG NOW!!!!

Double Trouble
24th-January-2007, 01:15 PM

Again?....She didnt tell me about that...! :D

under par
24th-January-2007, 01:16 PM
Again?....She didnt tell me about that...! :D

Obviously not a memorable experience for her:eek:

WittyBird
24th-January-2007, 01:37 PM
Well mine arrived this morning.. you must be a special case WB... give you longer to read it :wink:

Or maybe I'm just more important than you :whistle:

NOT LONG NOW!!!!

Really? I wonder how long it is ?
Any idea UP?

Cruella
24th-January-2007, 01:39 PM
Sod it, I haven't had a good telling off for ages. :D

9 SLEEPS TO GO!!!

David Bailey
24th-January-2007, 01:42 PM
Alas, it's only thread bumping if the thread isn't active. :sad:

Otherwise, it's just irritating.

Cruella
24th-January-2007, 01:43 PM
Damn it! Can't you tell me off anyway. :innocent:

Got my tickets today too. Nice packaging John and Wes!

TheTramp
24th-January-2007, 01:44 PM
Damn it! Can't you tell me off anyway. :innocent:

You're a bad girl Diana. Now, go to your room, without any lunch.

under par
24th-January-2007, 02:04 PM
You're a bad girl Diana. Now, go to your room, without any lunch.

Do it NOW! or else!:blush:

Wes
24th-January-2007, 02:28 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pawplay
24th-January-2007, 03:21 PM
Nice packaging John and Wes!

What does this mean DI?:confused: and is this what Wes is laughing at? :wink:

lovu2
24th-January-2007, 03:23 PM
I was going to Italy on the Ski & Dance, but had to cancel cos of work, so thought I could do Southport.

Not managed to get a lady place. Any help gratefully accepted?

fletch
24th-January-2007, 03:24 PM
Well mine arrived this morning..

Maybe I'll do a class or two this time!:blush:

NOT LONG NOW!!!!

Got mine today :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

do they do classes ? :really: :wink:

Nice photo of Kevin and Conney and CJ and Witty :worthy:

David Bailey
24th-January-2007, 03:34 PM
I haven't got mine yet... :tears:
Ah, maybe that's because I'm not going...

under par
24th-January-2007, 03:37 PM
I haven't got mine yet... :tears:
Ah, maybe that's because I'm not going...

cos you don't like weekenders:na: :na: :na: ..... anyway you is brite and take less time to reed:wink:

Jamie
24th-January-2007, 03:57 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How long now UP?? :D

fletch
24th-January-2007, 04:00 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How long now UP?? :D

I think he is 6ft 8" :na:

Jamie
24th-January-2007, 04:02 PM
wow 6' 8" eh? :wink:

under par
24th-January-2007, 04:26 PM
wow 6' 8" eh? :wink:

yes still 6 ft 8! and I still will be next Friday which is only 10 sleeps away!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: if you sleep each night between now and then :wink:

Freya
24th-January-2007, 04:49 PM
which is only 10 sleeps away!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: if you sleep each night between now and then :wink:

erm I think its only 9 sleeps

wed
thurs
fri
sat
sun
mon
tues
wed
thurs

:blush::blush:

under par
24th-January-2007, 04:50 PM
erm I think its only 9 sleeps

wed
thurs
fri
sat
sun
mon
tues
wed
thurs

:blush::blush:

but I'm having a nap this afternoon:blush:

Freya
24th-January-2007, 04:53 PM
but I'm having a nap this afternoon:blush:

But thats more of a doze than an actual sleep! :wink:

So is it 9 Sleeps plus a few dozes!

under par
24th-January-2007, 04:54 PM
But thats more of a doze than an actual sleep! :wink:

So is it 9 Sleeps plus a few dozes!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :D :D :D

Freya
24th-January-2007, 05:07 PM
:hug: However many sleeps it is! Why is it that everyone in Scotland went to work before the mail got in! :sad:

killingtime
24th-January-2007, 05:18 PM
:hug: However many sleeps it is! Why is it that everyone in Scotland went to work before the mail got in! :sad:

Well pick an option:

We all start work early
The mailman is lazy

TheTramp
24th-January-2007, 05:42 PM
Well pick an option:

The mailman is lazy

My post has been known to arrive at 3pm in the afternoon. It very rarely comes before midday.

Having said that, I didn't get anything at all today. I must be very brite! :rolleyes:

ALexyMiss
24th-January-2007, 06:56 PM
Anyone want to travel up there from London Friday afternoon, coming back Monday morning?

Would prefer to get a lift and pay towards petrol, but also don't mind getting the train. Either way, it would be nice to have some company:flower:, as it's a long journey! :what:

I'm only taking half days off work, so would want to leave at about 1pm Friday, and get back in time for 2pm Monday.

Or is there a separate thread for sharing transport? :confused:

Magic Hans
24th-January-2007, 08:19 PM
Hurrayy!!!

I'm in!! [bit late I know]

See y'all down there!

under par
24th-January-2007, 09:11 PM
Okay then Friday 2nd Feb 2100 hours to 2200 hours Jive Addiction Forum Gathering in Bluesville.

Achaeco, ALexyMiss, Almost an Angel, Andy McGregor, BeccaB, Blueshoes, Caro, Ceroc Jock, Claire S, Cruella, dave the scaffolder, Dazzler, detomo, Dizzy, Double Trouble, ducasi, Dutchginger, Dynamo, FirstMove, fletch, foxylady, Freudian Hips, Freya, Gypsy Rose, ianmate, Jamie, jammy, jiveaddicted, jivebunny, jiver, johnah, Juju, Keith, Kev F, killingtime, LadyMarmalade, Little Monkey, Liz, Lory, Lynn, MartinHarper, mick s, Minnie M, Miss Conduct, modchick, Mostlysane, Mr Cool, Patrick, Paul F, PretzelMeister, Princess Fi, Puddy Tat, Raphael, Roger C, rubyred, sapphire, sassy1, Sheepman, Sheppy, Shodan, Simon, SnowWhite, Spin dryer, stewart38, SuzyQ, Tazmanian Devil, TheTramp, thewurlitzerrocks, Tinkerbell, Tortoise, Trousers, tsh, Twotone, under par, Wes, WittyBird, Yliander, Yogi_Bear, Zebra Woman
& Magic Hans & Mrs Par

How many of you will be there??

Mrs Par and will be :cheers:

Magic Hans
24th-January-2007, 09:37 PM
Okay then Friday 2nd Feb 2100 hours to 2200 hours Jive Addiction Forum Gathering in Bluesville.

Achaeco, ALexyMiss, Almost an Angel, Andy McGregor, BeccaB, Blueshoes, Caro, Ceroc Jock, Claire S, Cruella, dave the scaffolder, Dazzler, detomo, Dizzy, Double Trouble, ducasi, Dutchginger, Dynamo, FirstMove, fletch, foxylady, Freudian Hips, Freya, Gypsy Rose, ianmate, Jamie, jammy, jiveaddicted, jivebunny, jiver, johnah, Juju, Keith, Kev F, killingtime, LadyMarmalade, Little Monkey, Liz, Lory, Lynn, MartinHarper, mick s, Minnie M, Miss Conduct, modchick, Mostlysane, Mr Cool, Patrick, Paul F, PretzelMeister, Princess Fi, Puddy Tat, Raphael, Roger C, rubyred, sapphire, sassy1, Sheepman, Sheppy, Shodan, Simon, SnowWhite, Spin dryer, stewart38, SuzyQ, Tazmanian Devil, TheTramp, thewurlitzerrocks, Tinkerbell, Tortoise, Trousers, tsh, Twotone, under par, Wes, WittyBird, Yliander, Yogi_Bear, Zebra Woman
& Magic Hans & Mrs Par

I'll beeee therrrrre!! :D :D :D

Cruella
24th-January-2007, 09:40 PM

Depends on traffic, but hope to be there in time. :D

under par
24th-January-2007, 09:44 PM
Depends on traffic, but hope to be there in time. :D

you wiil be a naughty naughty girl if you are not......:devil:

Cruella
24th-January-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm guessing the traffic will be horrendous :innocent:

Cornish Pixie
24th-January-2007, 09:49 PM

count me in, n

Yliander
24th-January-2007, 10:05 PM

& Magic Hans & Mrs Par

YEAH my stuff came in the mail today - assuming I can get a full day off work on the friday I'll be there!!!

ooooo there are some very nice looking classes.

Any guys out there interested in partnering an Aussie lass for Nathalie & Yuval's aerial workhop?:flower: :flower:

ducasi
24th-January-2007, 10:53 PM
Don't have my info pack yet. :(

Anyway, I'll be there for the forum gathering, and I'll make sure that Freudian Hips, Princess Fi and andystyle are with me. :)

WittyBird
24th-January-2007, 11:00 PM
Okay then Friday 2nd Feb 2100 hours to 2200 hours Jive Addiction Forum Gathering in Bluesville. {snip}

I will be there, we will also be having a gathering in Wetherspoons for lunch in SP from 12, if anyone wants to join us :whistle:

BeccaB
24th-January-2007, 11:01 PM
I'll be there! First forum gathering :) please be gentle

tsh
24th-January-2007, 11:42 PM
Should be there by then. Hope it's a big room, looks like it might be crowded!

jive_me
24th-January-2007, 11:52 PM
I may also be there :flower: depending on what time I get out of my workshop at uni of course :( oh the excitement :D :D :D I was there in September too but still feel pretty much a newbie to all of this

Trouble
25th-January-2007, 01:03 AM
we got our tickets today too.,,... yipee yipee

we are going to Southport
we are going to Southport
:na: :na: :na: :na:
:na: :na: :na: :na:

:love:

Jamie
25th-January-2007, 02:28 AM
I will be there, we will also be having a gathering in Wetherspoons for lunch in SP from 12, if anyone wants to join us :whistle:

Me n Caz will come Wetherspoons babe!

Me n Caz will be at the forumites gathering aswell! WHOOP WHOOP southport!!!!!!!!!1

Dizzy
25th-January-2007, 10:24 AM
Got my tickets yesterday :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll be there (even though I will be tired from this weekend in Paris :yum: )

fletch
25th-January-2007, 10:32 AM
I will be there,:clap: whats happeining with the 't' shirts this would be a good time to wear them if you have one :flower:

Trouble
25th-January-2007, 11:41 AM
Got my tickets yesterday :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll be there (even though I will be tired from this weekend in Paris :yum: )

oooh you lucky mare.... Paris, how romantic. :awe: :awe:

killingtime
25th-January-2007, 11:51 AM
oooh you lucky mare.... Paris, how romantic. :awe: :awe:

Romantic and full of WCS dancers :wink:.

Freudian Hips
25th-January-2007, 12:39 PM
Anyway, I'll be there for the forum gathering, and I'll make sure that Freudian Hips, Princess Fi and andystyle are with me. :)

Looks like I'm sorted then :D

Double Trouble
25th-January-2007, 12:41 PM
Paris, how romantic. :awe: :awe:

Have you been to Paris lately? Nothing romantic about it, IMO.

SuzyQ
25th-January-2007, 04:43 PM
Have you been to Paris lately? Nothing romantic about it, IMO.

Full of Dog do ... my only lasting impression. Make sure you look where you are going :sick:

ALexyMiss
25th-January-2007, 05:13 PM

I'll be there :D My first proper forumite gathering :clap: Look forward to meeting a few more of you :kiss:

Trouble
25th-January-2007, 05:14 PM
OH WOE IS ME.....

ive just been informed,, becuase i do not read things properly in the post, that there is a hollywood theme dressing up on the Saturday night.

So help needed, i cant think of anything much to do, i would imagine all and sundry are gonna turn up as Marilyn Monroe.

So, any ideas no1 and

Who is dressing up no2......xx

:respect: :respect: :awe:

Double Trouble
25th-January-2007, 05:17 PM
who is dressing up no2

I'm not dressing up any number 2's....not unless you polish them first.:D

WittyBird
25th-January-2007, 05:18 PM
So, any ideas no1 and

Who is dressing up no2......xx

:respect: :respect: :awe:

:whistle: :blush: :innocent: :rofl: Lots of Idea's :waycool:

Trouble
25th-January-2007, 05:20 PM
:whistle: :blush: :innocent: :rofl: Lots of Idea's :waycool:

Becs dont be mean......you rotter...!!! - share with me, give generously, send me some love :awe: :love:

Lory
25th-January-2007, 06:00 PM

Me :nice:

Does anyone fancy doing an 'easy to read' timetable:flower: (like THIS one):flower: (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235542&postcount=415)

I would, but I won't be getting my ticket and programme till nearer the time

Paul F
25th-January-2007, 06:05 PM

Does anyone fancy doing an 'easy to read' timetable:flower: (like THIS one):flower: (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235542&postcount=415)

I would, but I won't be getting my ticket and programme till nearer the time

Would love to see one if somebody could knock one together.

WittyBird
25th-January-2007, 10:33 PM
Nice photo of Kevin and Conney and CJ and Witty :worthy:

Lol is it!!! My hair was out of place :D :rofl:

Oooh CJ :rofl:

How many sleeps to go....

will that be 8 Sleeps

WittyBird
26th-January-2007, 12:01 AM

Does anyone fancy doing an 'easy to read' timetable:flower:

No not really :waycool:

Would love to see one if somebody could knock one together.

Only cos you asked so nicely :rofl: You now owe me 300000000 dances :whistle:

DavidY
26th-January-2007, 12:53 AM
Only cos you asked so nicely :rofl: You now owe me 300000000 dances :whistle:B*gger!

Since I did one in Sept (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=278602&#post278602), I did one too.:tears: :tears:

Rachel
26th-January-2007, 01:11 PM
Only cos you asked so nicely :rofl: You now owe me 300000000 dances :whistle:Thanks so much for the timetable - we haven't got our programme yet, so it's nice to see. (I'm not allowed to rep you, I'm afraid.) V excited! For the first time ever at Southport, I will be able to:
1. Go to the forum reception
2. Dance all night every night (or at least, without wondering how on earth I'm going to get up at 9.30am for the first classes)
3. Take part in classes! (I've already underlined 13 that I want to - is that a bit much, do you think???)

R. x

Lory
26th-January-2007, 01:14 PM
2. Dance all night every night (or at least, without wondering how on earth I'm going to get up at 9.30am for the first classes)

And that also means, I get to dance with Marc :clap:

Rachel
26th-January-2007, 01:15 PM
And that also means, I get to dance with Marc :clap:Me too!!! (I hope...)

Lory
26th-January-2007, 01:22 PM
Me too!!! (I hope...)

:yeah: sorry, I didn't mean ALL the time:innocent: I just meant more than the usual half dance I get, when he has to rush back to the decks! :na:

Rachel
26th-January-2007, 01:24 PM
:yeah: sorry, I didn't mean ALL the time:innocent: I just meant more than the usual half dance I get, when he has to rush back to the decks! :na:Yes, I know what you mean - frustrating, isn't it! But worth it, I guess, to have all that great music. (Me, biaised????)

BeccaB
26th-January-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, I know what you mean - frustrating, isn't it! But worth it, I guess, to have all that great music. (Me, biaised????)

I think I'll let you off for being biased, it is good music. :D

Is it possible to do 13 classes without them all clashing somewhere? :confused:

tsh
26th-January-2007, 02:11 PM
I make it 16 classes max, if you're not too bothered about which ones they are! A few tricky choices there though!

Rachel
26th-January-2007, 02:47 PM
I think I'll let you off for being biased, it is good music. :DThanks (on behalf of Marc)!

Is it possible to do 13 classes without them all clashing somewhere? :confused:Actually, I lied - it was 14 classes. And, yes, there are 2 clashes. I'd love to try some of the other dances like rumba & samba, but I'm determined to try and get going with WCS & tango. & also fancy CJ's musicality, but that clashes with the aerials which can be fun. Edit - No it doesn't - it clashes with WCS.

In reality, I probably won't make it to most of these classes though - I'll accidentally sleep through them, or end up at the bar, or dancing in the blues area etc etc. So many choices .... But it doesn't really matter, cos it will be a brilliant weekend whatever.

R. x

detomo
26th-January-2007, 04:54 PM
So is there a forum gathering at this Southport?
Vaguely remember there was one in Sept, but wansn't on the forums then :). Always good to meet people face to face (and secure more dances for the weekend :yum: )

fletch
26th-January-2007, 06:05 PM
So is there a forum gathering at this Southport?
)

There is :clap:

its Friday evening in the blues 2100 hrs :flower:

don't forget your 'T; shirt with your name on it so we know who you are :hug:

BeccaB
26th-January-2007, 06:10 PM

I have a velcro top that I can put my name on does that count?
Or I may be creative and design one! :D

fletch
26th-January-2007, 06:15 PM
I have a velcro top that I can put my name on does that count?
Or I may be creative and design one! :D

we like creative, go for it :worthy:

I havn't got one yet :blush:

I think I will roberbly be recognised less with a 't' shirt with my name on it than my usual low tops,:na: if I can get one i'm only wearing it for the hour of the gathering, that will be enough cover up for the weekend :wink: :D

OXO'S
26th-January-2007, 06:15 PM

& Magic Hans & Mrs Par

Yes i will be there looking forward to it some gathering:clap:

Dance Demon
26th-January-2007, 06:40 PM

& Magic Hans & Mrs Par

I think I fit in that list somewhere between Cruella and dave the Scaffolder......:waycool:

Wes
26th-January-2007, 06:43 PM
WOW What a crowd. Should be some great dancing happening.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lory
26th-January-2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone travelling up from London have room in their car for me, please, pretty please :flower: :flower: :flower:

I'll obviously share the petrol costs :nice:

And promise not to take toooo much stuff! :innocent:

fletch
26th-January-2007, 07:31 PM
And promise not to take toooo much stuff! :innocent:

oooooo Lory, thats like me say I won't take to much stuff :wink: I need a people carrier just for the clothes on a weekender :waycool:

Lory
26th-January-2007, 07:43 PM
oooooo Lory, thats like me say I won't take to much stuff :wink: I need a people carrier just for the clothes on a weekender :waycool:

No honest!!! I've had to learn to be extremely good on the last few occasions, as I've shared with someone with a very nice but very little car! ;)

I'd offer to drive myself but I seriously worry about my driving ability on the return journey after suffering severe sleep depravation! :blush:

Dance Demon
26th-January-2007, 08:26 PM
I'd offer to drive myself but I seriously worry about my driving ability on the return journey after suffering severe sleep depravation! :blush:

Ah....I'm an expert on the sleep deprivation subject. I usually drive home after about an hours sleep after doing the last set of the weekend. Two or three stops for a power nap usually gets me home. Fortunately this time we are car sharing so I'll get a break from driving on the way home:clap: :clap: ......

Sheepman
26th-January-2007, 08:55 PM
Is it possible to do 13 classes without them all clashing somewhere? :confused: My head clashes if I do more than 4 :tears:

Sheepman,
I'll be DJing in another room, so I may have to trot in and out between tracks.

Lee Bartholomew
26th-January-2007, 09:08 PM
No honest!!! I've had to learn to be extremely good on the last few occasions, as I've shared with someone with a very nice but very little car! ;)

I might be but wont know if im going for a few days. It's going to be a last minute thing if I do.

I will be going round the 25 from Junct 5 up. Where are you coming from?

(You will have to excuse my driving though. Have a tendancy to have disco playing causing me do do several spins and a couple of aerials in the car :whistle:)

detomo
27th-January-2007, 11:53 AM

Thanks Fletch :) I'll be there. My "customized T-shirt" may just have to look like someone has used black marker :whistle:.

jive-vee
27th-January-2007, 03:55 PM
Hiya everyone,

I generally just read these boards and rarely post but am going to Southport!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Only my second weekender but I can't wait, should be fab. Loved the blues room at Camber and I've heard it's even better at SP. Also looking forward to trying WCS again and Argentine Tango with Vincent and Flavia :worthy: (started classes in AT at the beg of Jan and, although a complete beginner, I love it!)

Hopefully I'll be able to grab some dances with some of you :)

x

Double Trouble
27th-January-2007, 08:51 PM

Me and trouble still have our T-shirts from Camber....we will be there at nine. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Trouble
27th-January-2007, 09:07 PM
yes and we also both went to fancy dress today to attempt to find something to wear on the saturday night hollywood themed dance evening. Lets put it this way, does anybody know a good resturant at Southport as we are not going to bother..!!!! Sam did try on Madonna top with pointy boobs, never ever seen anything so funny in my life, mind you did laugh at me trying to pull on a Moulin Rouge dress that actually fitted everywhere except the chest... Glacier cherry's could only fit in the basque that was attached to this dress, it was like two bald convicts trying to escape from a purple straight jacket... think that was even funnier... :D :D :D

anyway, resturant advice please guys,.. xxx :love: :love: :love:

Double Trouble
27th-January-2007, 09:36 PM
Sam did try on Madonna top with pointy boobs, never ever seen anything so funny in my life,

Speak for yourself...I thought I looked amazing.

*DT goes to kids book collection to see if there was a black Telly Tubby with deformed breasts.....and a hollywood blockbuster film behind them* :tears:

Little Monkey
27th-January-2007, 10:27 PM

Your wish is my command. How can I not bake this cake, when you keep telling everyone it's the best cake you've ever tasted??

However, this time it comes disguised as muffins. Same recipe, though, so don't you worry! :hug:

Sheepy seems to think I should repeat the blueberry cheesecake as well, so that might happen. Then it's just one more cake to go..... Lemon? Orange? Redcurrant muffins? Sponge cake? Brownies? Scones? Carrot cake? Chocolate chestnut cake? I've also got raspberries in the freezer, so could use them for something? Oh, desicions, desicions!:rolleyes:

Little Monkey
27th-January-2007, 11:50 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I'm totally NOT inspired by the Hollywood theme..... I really don't know what to dress up as! I'd like to dress up, though, just can't find any ideas that I a) like, and b) can afford to buy/rent or have time to make.

Any ideas, just PM me! If I use your idea, wou'll get a large piece of cake at LM's Cafe! :wink:

Trousers
28th-January-2007, 12:31 AM
i want some one to go as heidi fleiss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Fleiss)

pleassssseeeeeeeeeee

under par
28th-January-2007, 08:37 PM
just back from great weekend in and around London.... just 5 sleeps left apparently till we al ger to gether and I( can claim all those birthday dances promised elsewhere on another thread:yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers:

BeccaB
28th-January-2007, 08:45 PM
just 5 sleeps :yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome back from London.
Is that all? :D
One more shift at work, three more days at uni and a manicure then I'm there, I'll countdown happily! :cheers: :clap:

LMC
28th-January-2007, 10:20 PM
For Saturday night I shall go as a random Z-list celebrity showing more of my skin than I normally do in a sparkly dress. I will be wearing knickers though, so perhaps I'll be disqualified for not truly getting into the spirit of the theme.

Trouble
28th-January-2007, 10:35 PM
For Saturday night I shall go as a random Z-list celebrity showing more of my skin than I normally do in a sparkly dress. I will be wearing knickers though, so perhaps I'll be disqualified for not truly getting into the spirit of the theme.

:confused: :confused:

LMC
28th-January-2007, 10:37 PM
It wasn't that funny in the first place, it's even less marginally witty now I've got to explain it :(

Oh well.

Theme for fancy dress = Hollywood

Commando "celebrities" a generally boringly over-exposed (har har) topic in recent tabloid press.

Trouble
28th-January-2007, 10:41 PM
It wasn't that funny in the first place, it's even less marginally witty now I've got to explain it :(

Oh well.

Theme for fancy dress = Hollywood

Commando "celebrities" a generally boringly over-exposed (har har) topic in recent tabloid press.

sorry !! :sad: but im with ya now :D :D

stewart38
29th-January-2007, 01:48 PM
Long range forecast (http://ukie.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=PR9%200&metric=1) says dry, sunny, but cold! :brrr:

Temps gone up about 5C since that 'long range forcast' which was a week ago

Hey we all know in 100yrs it going to be 'this much warmer'

Global warming we cant predict a week ahead re the weather

TheTramp
29th-January-2007, 02:12 PM
The pilot on the plane back to Scotland yesterday, made a point of telling us that it was 6 degrees warmer than in Paris, and 4 degrees warmer than in London :D

Global warming has hit Scotland!

robd
29th-January-2007, 02:14 PM

Ooh, where is this Jive Addiction Forum that you speak of? Do you have a URL? I look forward to meeting these Jive Addiction Forumites and hope they are as friendly as their Ceroc Scotland Forum counterparts :nice: who, according to the brochure, appear not to be having a gathering of their own this year.

under par
29th-January-2007, 02:38 PM
Ooh, where is this Jive Addiction Forum that you speak of? Do you have a URL? I look forward to meeting these Jive Addiction Forumites and hope they are as friendly as their Ceroc Scotland Forum counterparts :nice: who, according to the brochure, appear not to be having a gathering of their own this year.

Rob I see what you are getting at.

I just copied what it said in the brochure (and not very well).

The Forumites Gathering is of course a gathering of Ceroc Scotland forum people which is being hosted by Jive Addiction.

Do any other weekenders provide this service for us forumites ? I'm certain there will be one at Blaze.

fletch
29th-January-2007, 03:16 PM
Do any other weekenders provide this service for us forumites ? I'm certain there will be one at Blaze.

Not the way John and Wes do as far as I can see, :respect: but now Ceroc are doing more weekenders, perhaps its a good way for them to promote the forum.

under par
29th-January-2007, 03:33 PM
4 sleeps now!!!

fletch
29th-January-2007, 03:40 PM
4 sleeps now!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have just droped off the 't' shirts at Wolverhampton Wanders F.C for them to put the logo's on. got to pick 'em up tomrrow :clap:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

BeccaB
29th-January-2007, 04:28 PM
Your t-shirts sound very professional! I took a grand total of 5 mins of my creativity, so i'll hide in the corner all evening! :blush:

4 Sleeps! in my terms 2 days at uni, one shift at work, a hair cut, a manicure and there! :clap: :clap: :clap:

fletch
29th-January-2007, 05:13 PM
Your t-shirts sound very professional! I took a grand total of 5 mins of my creativity, so i'll hide in the corner all evening! :blush:

Don't you dare :eek: :flower: we won't let you anyway :na:

isn't it more important to have your name on something :flower:

I wish Dai was coming her name is Victoria (Tor) for short

Dai on the back and 'Forum on Tor' on the front :rofl: I have a visions of a rugby scrum pile up going on :wink: :D

Trousers
29th-January-2007, 05:51 PM
Will I need a t shirt?

WittyBird
29th-January-2007, 05:55 PM
Will I need a t shirt?

Yes
How about
On the front - Yep you guessed.....
On the back - Stupid f***ing Trousers :wink: :rofl:

Lory
29th-January-2007, 05:56 PM
Will I need a t shirt?

I reckon you might need one or two over the weekend :rolleyes: :D

fletch
29th-January-2007, 06:02 PM
Will I need a t shirt?

would Chef need one?

so whats it to be ? we don't wan't people thinking your Chef, (you might) :na: I have neaver seen the ones with arrows I can allways bring the cuffs if it helps :whistle:

CJ
29th-January-2007, 06:05 PM
What's this t-shirt malarkey all about?!?:confused:

jive_me
29th-January-2007, 06:06 PM
T-shirt? :eek: this may be a job for my brother if I ask him very nicely. Although I'm in uni from 8-5 on the Friday so I'm probably going to fall asleep and miss everything :tears: Right. Think I should go and find my suitcase now...

Double Trouble
29th-January-2007, 06:11 PM

All the saddo forumites are getting t-shirts with their names on...Pathetic really.

(got mine in November....dont tell anyone)

:wink: :D :wink:

fletch
29th-January-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah.......like you need one :rolleyes: think we might just guess who you are on the decks ceroc JOCK:na:

T-shirt? :eek: this may be a job for my brother if I ask him very nicely.

white 't' shirt scoccer sports £2.08p black marker i'll bring one (sorted) :clap:

All the saddo forunites are getting t-shirts with there names on...Pathetic really.

(got mine in November....dont tell anyone)

:wink: :D :wink:

saddo forunites :angry:

that i'll be me then :na:

:rofl:

Trousers
29th-January-2007, 07:23 PM
would Chef need one?
so whats it to be ? we don't wan't people thinking your Chef, (you might) :na: I have neaver seen the ones with arrows I can allways bring the cuffs if it helps :whistle:

Bugger you have a good memory!

they only got danced in once! and took a week to make
Maybe i will

Caz
29th-January-2007, 07:24 PM

haven't got a t-shirt... any ideas???

Trousers
29th-January-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes
How about
On the front - Yep you guessed.....
On the back - Stupid f***ing Trousers :wink: :rofl:

:waycool:

you have too much rep to rep or you are infracted again!!!

xx

Can I just add at this juncture that I am well up for this weekend, can't wait, wanna have a brill time and just wish I'd learnt some new moves in the last year!
Oh may I apologise now for any sh1te dances i do and gloat now for any really nice ones that may happen.
Would it be rude to ask everyone to dance nicely and not bump into me because I only want to wear my Incredible Hulk costume on the saturday night.
Just who is taking part in the dressup section now it's been dePARted?
and may I offer the services of my right leg should any ladies find them selves in a pole dancing sorta mood and be poleless!

Trousers
29th-January-2007, 07:34 PM

Make a badge then

I have one with PERFECT on it :waycool:

BeccaB
29th-January-2007, 10:01 PM
and may I offer the services of my right leg should any ladies find them selves in a pole dancing sorta mood and be poleless!

Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow or wednesday, if it does it'll be along so your leg is saved! :sick:

TheTramp
29th-January-2007, 10:03 PM
Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow or wednesday

And don't forget the demo you promised.... :clap:

BeccaB
29th-January-2007, 10:04 PM
I promised nothing!! That's you putting words in my mouth :really:

fletch
30th-January-2007, 09:38 AM

I will bring one for you its pink? is that OK :waycool:
we will have to use a pen :sick:

Make a badge then

I have one with PERFECT on it :waycool:

I have one of thoses, well I did 'wako Dave' gave it to me a Camber :flower:

Well he didn't get much choice :na: mmmmmm now where did I put it :confused:

have we had 'how long now' ?

Little Monkey
30th-January-2007, 11:45 AM

I dunno...... But I might wear a t-shirt with something monkey related on it(Monkey nuts??):D to the forum reception thingy. I've got one with 'Caution! Dancing monkey!' on it, but it's approximately the same size as a circus tent....

Last Southport someone came up to me and asked 'Are you Little Monkey?', and I said 'Yes, how did you know?', and the reply was 'I spotted your monkey socks!' Very observant!

Anyhoo.... For those of you who are eagerly awaiting my final decision on cakes, I can now announce that I'll be making cheesecake again. Quite possibly a blueberry (baked) one, or a baked vanilla cheesecake with blueberry and raspberry sauce to go on top. And of course there's the banana and chocolate cake (disguised as muffins), redcurrant muffins and white choc and raspberry muffins. I'm afraid there won't be space in the car for any more cakes, as we'll be four people travelling down together!:eek: I hope this is enough to please most of my friends.:rolleyes:

BeccaB
30th-January-2007, 11:55 AM
Anyhoo.... For those of you who are eagerly awaiting my final decision on cakes, I can now announce that I'll be making cheesecake again. Quite possibly a blueberry (baked) one, or a baked vanilla cheesecake with blueberry and raspberry sauce to go on top

Now I believe this was mentioned previously but ..........:drool: cheesecake!!!

If you're travelling with the Tramp and Killingtime I may be meeting you on the M6 somewhere so I could take one off your hands so it's not too crowded :innocent: :devil:

Jamie
30th-January-2007, 11:56 AM
{stuff}

I hope you're bringing the massager again! :drool:

Freya
30th-January-2007, 12:02 PM

Thats Greg's department! and He better!!!!!! :grin:

TheTramp
30th-January-2007, 12:06 PM
If you're travelling with the Tramp and Killingtime I may be meeting you on the M6 somewhere so I could take one off your hands so it's not too crowded :innocent: :devil:

Just you try!! :flower:

johnah
30th-January-2007, 12:28 PM
The pilot on the plane back to Scotland yesterday, made a point of telling us that it was 6 degrees warmer than in Paris, and 4 degrees warmer than in London :D

Global warming has hit Scotland!

It often is warmer in the north Steve.

According to the weather forecast for the weekend. Southport will be partly cloudy but sunny on Friday and Saturday and cloudy on Sunday. So, the temperatures certainly rising! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
30th-January-2007, 12:33 PM

I know this. But you try and tell that to those wussy Southerners! :wink:

Lee Bartholomew
30th-January-2007, 12:37 PM

It's bl00dfy freezing here today and you can't really get much further south than Hastings.

And the houses down here cost too much. lol

WittyBird
30th-January-2007, 01:27 PM

But the people are nicer in the South :rofl::

Stands back and waits for WWIII :whistle:

Cruella
30th-January-2007, 01:35 PM
:
They just seem nicer because they can't deal with the cold and huddle up together.
Or maybe that makes them look cliquey! :rolleyes:

I live in the Midlands so i'm neutral.:whistle:

Freya
30th-January-2007, 01:35 PM
But the people are nicer in the South :rofl: :tears: :tears:

TheTramp
30th-January-2007, 01:41 PM

Stands back and waits for WWIII :whistle:

Nononono....

If you're trying to start some sort of war process, you have to try to pick subjects that are at least reasonably debatable. Not just obviously incorrect*.

*Or get woodface on your side! :wink:

Bill
30th-January-2007, 02:40 PM
Mmmmmm....received my tickets and now like many others now trying to think of what on earth I can wear to fit in with the theme.

I have my kilt but don't have the build to be Braveheart - or even a real Scottish character !! :whistle:

Smart but casual perhaps????

WittyBird
30th-January-2007, 02:42 PM
I have my kilt but don't have the build to be Braveheart - or even a real Scottish character !! :whistle:

Smart but casual perhaps????

Shave your head and go as Sean Connery :whistle:

BeccaB
30th-January-2007, 02:56 PM
Didn't they wear kilts in 51st State? That one with Samuel L Jackson and the guy from the full monty?

fletch
30th-January-2007, 03:06 PM
I dunno...... But I might wear a t-shirt with something monkey related on it(Monkey nuts??):D to the forum reception thingy.

Anyhoo.... For those of you who are eagerly awaiting my final decision on cakes, chocolate cake (disguised as muffins) I hope this is enough to please most of my friends.:rolleyes:

Fair exchange is no robbery :what: I could swop the use of my pen for a muffin:wink:

the temperatures certainly rising! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

for anyone that knows me will tell you what i'm like about the cold :tears:

i'm the biggest wussy of 'em all :tears:

I hate the cold

They have allways been lovely to me :hug:

They just seem nicer because they can't deal with the cold and huddle up together.
Or maybe that makes them look cliquey! :rolleyes:

I live in the Midlands so i'm neutral.:whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Midlands :rolleyes: it will be interesting to see how many times me and Witty get asked to dance on Thursday :rofl:

Bill
30th-January-2007, 03:40 PM
Shave your head and go as Sean Connery :whistle:

Gee thanks ....... I may be getting on a bit but not that old - and apart from the fact that he's taller and richer than me despite being much older - he's also much better looking ! :sick:

ah well........... maybe I can wear high shoes and a mask!!! :whistle:

Bill
30th-January-2007, 03:42 PM
:love:
Didn't they wear kilts in 51st State? That one with Samuel L Jackson and the guy from the full monty?

Robert Carlyle?? Didn't see the film but I remember seeing the trailers. Hard enough to go as Sean Connery - but Samuel L Jackson!!! :what: ...... or maybe Robert Carlyle!! :rolleyes:

WittyBird
30th-January-2007, 03:47 PM
Midlands :rolleyes: it will be interesting to see how many times me and Witty get asked to dance on Thursday :rofl:

:rofl: I'm looking forward to it :rolleyes:

ah well........... maybe I can wear high shoes and a mask!!! :whistle:

Tell you what, get a spangly dress, dye your hair blonde and go as Fletch - she's Hollywood enough :whistle:

Lory
30th-January-2007, 04:15 PM
i'm the biggest wussy of 'em all :tears:

I hate the cold

I bet I hate it more :tears:

fletch
30th-January-2007, 04:21 PM
I bet I hate it more :tears:

I bet you don't :(

my hands go white and realy hurt me :tears:

I wen't on a date with a guy last year, driving him home I decided I needed a snack for my journey, I pulled into the garage and there was just the night hatch open:sad: I stood in the cold to get them, I nearly kicked him out of my nice warm car there and then AR$E :angry:

NEXT!

Cruella
30th-January-2007, 05:04 PM
I could swop the use of my pen for a muffin:wink:
:
:what: :sick: :whistle:

fletch
30th-January-2007, 05:09 PM
:what: :sick: :whistle:

:confused:

:wink: :D

Little Monkey
30th-January-2007, 08:21 PM

Thats Greg's department! and He better!!!!!! :grin:

Hmmmmmmmmmm........... Little Monkey's Cafe and Massage Parlour...?:what: :rofl:

under par
31st-January-2007, 11:56 AM
:yeah: only 2 sleeps now or only 31 hours (do you really want this countdown??:rofl: ) till Mrs Par and I set off on our journey up north:clap:

Just checking oil, water, windscreen washer bottle and tyre pressures... how organised is that!:whistle:

just counting out 50 shirts, 10 trousers, 10 pair socks................:innocent:

stewart38
31st-January-2007, 01:29 PM
:yeah: only 2 sleeps now or only 31 hours (do you really want this countdown??:rofl: ) till Mrs Par and I set off on our journey up north:clap:

Just checking oil, water, windscreen washer bottle and tyre pressures... how organised is that!:whistle:

just counting out 50 shirts, 10 trousers, 10 pair socks................:innocent:

So when is the official start time then ? when I arrive ? :waycool:

Apologies if it is mentioned somewhere else in this 24 page thread

WittyBird
31st-January-2007, 01:35 PM
Apologies if it is mentioned somewhere else in this 24 page thread

You can check in from 2pm
Party starts when I arrive :whistle:

Cruella
31st-January-2007, 01:38 PM

You're quite good at partying alone, plenty of practice.:wink:

johnah
31st-January-2007, 01:47 PM
You can check in from 2pm

Actually, it starts when Wes & I arrive. So there!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But, it will just get better when all our friends arrive then we'll really party!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
31st-January-2007, 02:09 PM
Actually, it starts when Wes & I arrive.

Aren't you there yet?? :rolleyes:

johnah
31st-January-2007, 02:18 PM
Aren't you there yet?? :rolleyes:

Our crew is so efficient, we don't need to be!:wink:

WittyBird
31st-January-2007, 02:31 PM
You're quite good at partying alone, plenty of practice.:wink:

You know me so well :rolleyes:

But, it will just get better when all our friends arrive then we'll really party!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

And what a party it will be :drool:
Save me a few dances :worthy:

johnah
31st-January-2007, 02:39 PM
And what a party it will be :drool:
Save me a few dances :worthy:

Will be my pleasure. :wink:

robd
31st-January-2007, 02:45 PM
Will there be any indication for those ordering the DVD during the weekend of any teachers that may not appear on it for contractual or other reasons?

CJ
31st-January-2007, 03:06 PM
Good Q, Rob.

Whilst we are on the serious stuff, is there a Forum BBQ on the Sunday again??:confused:

Lory
31st-January-2007, 03:13 PM
Whilst we are on the serious stuff, is there a Forum BBQ on the Sunday again??:confused:

BBQ :what: Don't you realise, it'll be FREEZING! :devil:

I shall be spending the least amount of time outside, as humanly possible! :D

TheTramp
31st-January-2007, 04:20 PM

You're going to be running from your chalet to the venue?? Cool!

robd
31st-January-2007, 04:38 PM
You're going to be running from your chalet to the venue?? Cool!

No need. I had heard that JA were providing tunnels between the chalets and the venue, similar to those seen at football stadium for the players going off the pitch. Not sure about the red carpet yet though.

johnah
31st-January-2007, 04:40 PM
BBQ :what: Don't you realise, it'll be FREEZING! :devil:

Were you staying in the South for the weekend that may be the case Lory, but as you'll be at Southport well, the sun is gonna shine and the whole weekend's outlook will be warmer.:waycool:

Weather forecast up date from Met Office for Friday, Saturday & Sunday is Fair, with sunshine and a little cloud.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps a BBQ doesn't sound so daft afterall.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
31st-January-2007, 04:47 PM
Perhaps a BBQ doesn't sound so daft afterall.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe a Camp fire instead. (Well Andy McGregor is going to be there.):whistle: We could all sit around it singing that song about goolies to keep our spirits up.
All together now - Ging, Gang, Goolie, Goolie .................

CJ
31st-January-2007, 04:59 PM
All together now - Gang, Bang, Goolie, Goolie .................

U sing ur songs, Di... we'll sing ours...:D

under par
31st-January-2007, 05:11 PM
26 hours till we leave for Southport :yeah:

via Rugby of course.... just going to fancy dress hire shop

don't worry Johnah and Wes we aren't competing :flower: .......... there will be a new winner on Saturday night:respect:

my cousin has a theme for her birthday party:whistle:

WittyBird
31st-January-2007, 08:17 PM
My holiday has already started with a stop off at Jackson Donuts where we are heading for Bletchley :D Then off up to Fletch in the morning for a day of shopping, then to Wolverhampton tomorrow night .....

Have a safe Journey folks.....

Only 2 sleeps till we meet again :clap:

jive_me
31st-January-2007, 09:02 PM
Have just been given Thursday off work as well :clap: unexpected but not unwelcome as I have to give my suitcase to someone else on Thursday night :( Just about to dye my hair...should have purple streaks in it in a few hours (although, who knows how it'll turn out :eek: ) and I have a t-shirt :clap: Definitely being organised for the weekend

Magic Hans
31st-January-2007, 09:48 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm........... Little Monkey's Cafe and Massage Parlour...?:what: :rofl:

.... any vacancies for more staff??

... I'd do a massage swap with anyone? :)

Gav
1st-February-2007, 11:30 AM
Seeing as I can't get the classifieds to work;

I have a pair of UK size 8.5 patent leather dance shoes. 1 inch heel and suede soled. Never been worn.

I'm size 8.5 and they're too small so I'd suggest they would fit size 7.5 or 8 better.

I paid £30 for them so £30 would be nice, I'll bring them to Southport with me so you can try them on if you're interested.

If you don't know who I am, PM me and we'll arrange to find each other.

sapphire
1st-February-2007, 12:54 PM
Re: Southport Tickets - 2 Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
So still may be ticket available, pls txt if interested.

Nick

We are a group of 22 dancers predominantly from the South West and a few from the South. We have 6 chalets all next to each other. You will be made most welcome and there will be a party atmosphere as it is Nick's (the Vet's) 30th birthday tomorrow. So do pm Nick about the ticket.

sapphire
1st-February-2007, 12:57 PM
So do pm Nick about the ticket

Nick actually said text him and gave his mobile number on the other thread but that seems to have been changed. Nick's forum name is animaltalk so you need to PM animaltalk.

Little Monkey
1st-February-2007, 03:20 PM
.... any vacancies for more staff??

... I'd do a massage swap with anyone? :)

Not a problem, my dear. After serving all those cups of tea and cakes, I'm sure I'll be in need of a good shoulder massage...:whistle: Just find my chalet (or me), and come along and enjoy the cakes! There should be enough, I hope....

David Bailey
1st-February-2007, 03:29 PM
Nick actually said text him and gave his mobile number on the other thread but that seems to have been changed.
It's generally a Very Bad Idea to give out personal details on this here Internet thingy...

Lynn
1st-February-2007, 03:31 PM
OK - am starting to get excited now. Still have to pack etc but work feels like a Friday today and I'm really looking forward to having a couple of days off (not having used any leave since Breeze in Oct).

I'm looking forward to the whole thing, the chilling with friends, the dancing and the whole Southport 'vibe'. :waycool:

under par
1st-February-2007, 03:43 PM
OK - am starting to get excited now.

I'm looking forward to the whole thing, the chilling with friends, the dancing and the whole Southport 'vibe'. :waycool::yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

look forward to seeing you there Lynn:hug: ... we will be leaving in 3 and half hours nearly everything packed.... Mrs Par on her way home from work..... mustn't forget to pack her in the car too:whistle:

Only 1 sleep now :yeah: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Jamie
1st-February-2007, 03:46 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 1 more sleep!

Off to Wolverhampton tonight for the warm up to SouthPort! So excited now! WHOOP

And yes UP it might be a good idea to pack Mrs UP in the car also, she might get a little annoyed if u don't!

Cruella
1st-February-2007, 03:51 PM
T'Shirt 'check', fancy dress 'check', lots of clothes and shoes 'check, alcohol 'check'. I'm all packed and ready! Managed to get out of my course tomorrow so can now leave at lunchtime too. :clap: See you all there!

Phil
1st-February-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm all packed and ready to go.
See you all there tomorrow!:nice:

Lory
1st-February-2007, 04:06 PM
Yippee, I'm packed too!

Electric blanket 'check', Warm Pj's and dressing gown 'check' fluffy slippers ', check' Hot Ovaline 'check', sleeping tablets 'check'

Hold on a minute :what: I think I've packed to go into an old peoples home! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Little Monkey
1st-February-2007, 04:12 PM
Hot water bottle 'check', warm PJs 'check', about 100 t-shirts 'check', cakes 'check', more cakes 'check', even more cakes 'check', cheesecake 'ch...................' - oops, haven't baked this yet!

Cruella
1st-February-2007, 04:14 PM
I didn't have room for all the warming stuff. I'm relying on my flatmates to keep me warm. Group hugs and lots of laughter, failing that, i'll just not leave the blues room!

Lynn
1st-February-2007, 04:16 PM
Well I'm not packed. :tears: I have ironing to do first. :(

But I'm off tomorrow so what I don't get done tonight I'll finish tomorrow morning as not leaving till lunchtime. :D

Phil
1st-February-2007, 04:22 PM
Ironing? What's that. Gave it up ages ago, you end up looking like you need ironing anyway after jiving all night, so what's the diff?:wink:

Lynn
1st-February-2007, 04:26 PM
Ironing? What's that. I've only got a little bit of ironing to do. Mostly I'll be spending the evening seeing how many tops and pairs of dance shoes I can fit in my suitcase (while leaving a little bit of space just in case I decide to purchase more shoes - its been known to happen....)

Dance Demon
1st-February-2007, 04:42 PM
Electric blanket 'check',

Remember to take an extension lead for the 'leccy blanket Lory, coz theres no power points in the bedrooms:flower:

Phil
1st-February-2007, 04:48 PM
I've only got a little bit of ironing to do. Mostly I'll be spending the evening seeing how many tops and pairs of dance shoes I can fit in my suitcase (while leaving a little bit of space just in case I decide to purchase more shoes - its been known to happen....)

No need to worry, you can always buy a bigger case!:confused:

Lynn
1st-February-2007, 04:57 PM
No need to worry, you can always buy a bigger case!:confused:Don't think the Pontins shop stock suitcases somehow! But I can always find room somewhere for another pair of dance shoes!

Less than 1 1/2 hours of work to go now! :D