PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool - Extra Forum Awards

Debster
3rd-March-2003, 03:00 AM
I think there were a lot of great performances at the competition on Saturday that deserve a special mention even though they may not have won a formal prize. I figured a good way to recognise these achievements would be to give them a mention on the forum.

If I had extra prizes to give out I think the following would be deserved:

:) The best cheer squad goes to Scotland! Ahead by miles.

and

;) Will gets a special mention for his incredible move where he stuffed the entire last half of a hot dog in his mouth at once. I saw it from a little bit of a distance but I was impressed he managed to complete that one so effortlessly :devil:

If you want something dance related...

:) I think Steve's double trouble team managed the best timed move where one of the football lads was kicked in the ***** in perfect time with the highlight in the music (it was acting of course, not real violence, for those of you who didn't see it) .

OK, it's late at night, I hope someone else can add a few more awards for the real dancing on the day, or anything else ;)

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-March-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Debster
I figured a good way to recognise these achievements would be to give them a mention on the forum.

You deserve a prize yourself for those sparkly hotpants :).

Will
3rd-March-2003, 06:24 PM
Will gets a special mention for his incredible move where he stuffed the entire last half of a hot dog in his mouth at once. I saw it from a little bit of a distance but I was impressed he managed to complete that one so effortlessly :devil:

That was only because I had mis-calulated how much time I had before the TAC final. :sad:

Perhaps the biggest single story of the weekend was Stevie Wongs late night Kebab on the Saturday night. Wong, who now works in letigation is considering taking legal action against the Kebab shop that caused him to miss much of Sunday's tea dance as well as Liverpools 2nd goal in the Worthington Cup final.

:sick:

DavidB
3rd-March-2003, 07:40 PM
I think Steve's double trouble team managed the best timed move where one of the football lads was kicked in the ***** in perfect time with the highlight in the music (it was acting of course, not real violence, for those of you who didn't see it) I didn't get a photo of that (too busy laughing - the timing was perfect!), but I did get this:

Emma
3rd-March-2003, 07:51 PM
Ooh..look at those legs :wink: :grin:

Heather
3rd-March-2003, 10:30 PM
:D My awards would go to all the honorary Scots who set up camp in our little piece of Scotland, joined in the cheering and gave us their support!!
Also to Gus's trousers, which I got into for a couple of hours:wink: :wink:
To all the folks from the Forum who I met, some for the first time and others renewing our acquaintance.
To Andy for being Sooooo masterful with the ladies in organising the TAC competition !!:wink: :wink:
To all the Chance to Dance Team for organising such a wonderful, fantastic and memorable weekend!!!!!
:kiss:
Heather,
XX

Divissima
3rd-March-2003, 10:48 PM
I second Heather - the Chance2Dance team did a great job. Can't wait til next year.

We were on the next table to the Scottish crowd - my ears are still ringing!!

Tiggerbabe
3rd-March-2003, 11:31 PM
Why wait? We've got our early bird tickets ordered and the whole hotel booked already...................
and I'm sure we'll persuade more of the Scottish squad to come down too so maybe you should bring ear plugs too :wink: :waycool:

Emma
3rd-March-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Heather

No, Heather: you can't leave that there....more information plese! :wink: :what: :grin:

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 12:28 AM

A couple of hours eh? My what hidden talents you have Gus - and in front of so many people too:confused: :confused:

Gus
4th-March-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
A couple of hours eh? My what hidden talents you have Gus - and in front of so many people too:confused: :confused:

Methinks I should add that I was not in the trousers at the time....

Emma
4th-March-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Methinks I should add that I was not in the trousers at the time....

Think you could just be adding fuel to the fire there, Gus... *giggle*

-was you nekkid??!

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 12:44 AM
My awards are as follows:

Best line of the weekend - "NO! You'd never realise Sherwin wasn't Scottish until he opens his mouth and speaks.................."

Best wiggle - John Lusby.

Best dressed men - The Dundee Cabaret Team of course.

Best Boots - Elliot! How did he manage to walk in them never mind dance? - Think maybe Debster should have started her routine in them - whadya think, would certainly have fitted in with the song.

Best smile - James and Niall - first equal.

Best arial move performed by more than one person - The entire Dundee crew when they announced the cabaret result :D

Best stallholder - Emma! Great to have you on board (think she was at her stall for about half an hour = too much going on!) Think you might need to hire an assistant next year Em!

Pain in the A** award - all those chuffing seagulls who were squacking away goodstyle at 4am on Sunday - and who didn't stop until about 6am by which time I was NEVER gonna get any sleep...........

Best Dressed Couple - Sorry has to go to the two ladies at the tea dance, one dressed all in black, one in white - with matching belts and fixed competition smiles - they were brilliant...........

Heather
4th-March-2003, 12:44 AM
..........you are digging yourself a hole Gus!!!!
Don't worry I am the soul of discretion :wink: :wink: Let them all think what they like!!:D :D
Heather,
XX

Gus
4th-March-2003, 12:48 AM
..........you are digging yourself a hole Gus!!!!
Don't worry I am the soul of discretion :wink: :wink: Let them all think what they like!!:D :D

Don't forget you were the only one 'flashing' ..... you explain that one!

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 12:48 AM
Let them all think what they like!!:D :D
Heather,
XX

Ok - Mrs Solar Discretion!

But were they flashing at the time????????????
:wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 12:49 AM
Question already answered it would seem = spooky!!!:what:

Steven
4th-March-2003, 12:51 AM
Just for you emma!!

Some great moves guys!!

Cheers
Steven

Emma
4th-March-2003, 12:52 AM
This might be a good moment to mention that Gus demonstrated his 'quick release' trousers to me on Saturday night...*gasp*

He kept them on, I hasten to add ;)

And while I'm about it - half an hour?! I missed the entire competition after the intermediate first rounds!

But I agree about the assistant!

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Emma

And while I'm about it - half an hour?! I missed the entire competition after the intermediate first rounds!

Sorry about that Emma - didn't mean to imply that you took your work anything but seriously :wink:

The day passed by so quickly and you just always seemed to be there supporting us:D

but do tell more about the "quick release trousers" - they wouldn't be orange aand a wee bit tight across his bum would they?:yum:

Emma
4th-March-2003, 01:06 AM
Sorry about that Emma - didn't mean to imply that you took your work anything but seriously :wink:

ooh, no offence taken!!

but do tell more about the "quick release trousers" - they wouldn't be orange aand a wee bit tight across his bum would they?:yum:

That's the ones! I was suggesting he might get them er..elasticated.. to deal with the tightness problem, and he demonstrated their adjustableness for me. I thought it was very kind of him! :what: :grin: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 01:13 AM
Ach bless 'im - he's all heart that boy!:wink:

Heather
4th-March-2003, 01:23 AM
:wink: :wink: It would appear that Gus was willing to demonstrate his trousers to quite a few of the ladies in Blackpool!!!!!:wink: And here's me thinking I was the only one!!!!
Was I the only one who actually got into his trousers on Saturday???
:D :wink:
Heather,
XX

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 01:23 AM
Right folks - what about a Very Well Done Award to the Nottingham folk for their Roxanne routine - excellent!

Great that they got to perform it and speaking of routines - what about that cabaret on Friday night - WOW!

Jayne
4th-March-2003, 09:23 AM
Ach bless 'im - he's all heart that boy!:wink: Errrmm, in THOSE trousers I got the impression that there's more to him than just heart... :sorry :wink:

J :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-March-2003, 10:28 AM
sheesh ladies - I can see Gus blush from here :)

Franck
4th-March-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
sheesh ladies - I can see Gus blush from here :) Why? Are you in his trousers too????? :D :D

Franck.

Stuart M
4th-March-2003, 10:58 AM
Weirdest Costume

The Intermediate couple in all-white with the glowing chest panels. The outfit said Buck Rogers in the 25th Century to me.
"We have come to Earth from the planet Ji-Ve, and intend to conquer you with hypnosis and close dancing..." :what:

Best "Senior Moment"

I think we all know the winner of that one - and they won a real comp too :cool:

Best Tartan Waistcoat

Me!:D

Best Dancer in a Tartan Waistcoat

John S! :mad: :grin:

Lou
4th-March-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
The Intermediate couple in all-white with the glowing chest panels. The outfit said Buck Rogers in the 25th Century to me.
"We have come to Earth from the planet Ji-Ve, and intend to conquer you with hypnosis and close dancing..." :what:

Actually, that sounds brilliant! Who were they?

Emma
4th-March-2003, 11:48 AM
The Printmaker's Alternative Blackpool awards are as follows:

Best Freestyle Dancers - The Scottish men! Too numerous to name individually, you were all fabulous, boys! (and one girl!).

Best Costume Changes - Sheena. Every time I saw her she was in a new outfit, I kid you not. The girl clearly has a dedicated dance wardrobe...or possibly an entire room. I'm jealous! :wink:

Best Rescue of a Woman Desperate to Dance - DavidB. Who then had to cope with me being over-exuberant to 'All That Jazz', poor sod. :grin:

Best Kindred Moment - When Hazel and I looked at one another during a warm-up track and said..they've played that tune before, haven't they? and realised we weren't going mad, we were just *very* *very* slow on the uptake.

Best Triple Trouble - Steve - you're a show off. Keep it up. :wink: :grin:

Best Trousers - The judges have been arguing over this one..Octupus trousers rate a mention as they are clearly this year's uniform, but eventually it has to go to Gus. Because not only did he kindly demonstrate them to everyone, but he let Heather get in them too. What a man! :cheers:

Best Cheer - Scottish....!

Stuart M
4th-March-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Weirdest Costume

Originally posted by Lou

No idea! The glowing chest panels were a sort of oval thingy which pulsed a pale blue oval. It seemed to change speed too, although maybe that was alcohol/tiredness/hypnosis/battteries. :wink:

It was indeed very funky.

PS If either of them are on the Forum, I welcome them to our world and bow before their omnipotence...please don't send me to work in the sequin mines... :grin:

David Franklin
4th-March-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Toby and Claire, from London (Kent House - Kate & Amir's classes). They have a fantastic set of costumes, and I think they were planning to do more changes, but everyone kept going on about the flashing outfits, so they stuck with them.

IMHO, the "Kent House contingent" had some pretty amazing costumes all round - Deborah's shoes were dazzling, and Eva had a stunning red dress with rhinestones that looked straight out of Las Vegas! Lily's costume was (as usual) beautiful too.

Dave

TheTramp
4th-March-2003, 01:10 PM
Stuart

Claire is indeed on the forum. Although, not very much. She goes by the nick 'Divissima'. Or something like that!

Steve

Debster
4th-March-2003, 01:51 PM
David wrote ...IMHO, the "Kent House contingent" had some pretty amazing costumes all round
Thanks David :)
We are all pretty mad keen on groovy funky outfits. Not to mention diamantes. I think I got Toby, Claire and Eva addicted. I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes) can satisfy me anymore...:what: :sick: :yum: :drool: And from the feedback I've had my spell is starting to work on several ladies in the audience too. I was even threatened by a small mob of women who were going to pin me down and steal my spotlight shoes (Until they got close enough for a whiff I expect! :D )

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. I've had personal demonstrations ;) They have black shirts with similar panels they wear to the Ceroc Hammersmith evenings sometimes. Very effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance :D

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 08:19 PM
I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes) can satisfy me anymore...:what: :sick: :yum: :drool: And from the feedback I've had my spell is starting to work on several ladies in the audience too. I was even threatened by a small mob of women who were going to pin me down and steal my spotlight shoes (Until they got close enough for a whiff I expect! :D )They were just the most FABULOUS shoes I've ever seen - well first equal with Louise's brand new red ones that she bought on the day!

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. I've had personal demonstrations ;) They have black shirts with similar panels they wear to the Ceroc Hammersmith evenings sometimes. Very effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance :D When the lovely Heather and I were down visiting gus in Manchester we saw similar t-shirts in CYBERDOG - I believe they have a website.:D :D

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 10:49 PM
The Printmaker's Alternative Blackpool awards are as follows:

Best Costume Changes - Sheena. Every time I saw her she was in a new outfit, I kid you not. The girl clearly has a dedicated dance wardrobe...or possibly an entire room. I'm jealous! :wink:

Best Rescue of a Woman Desperate to Dance - DavidB. Who then had to cope with me being over-exuberant to 'All That Jazz', poor sod. :grin:

Thanks Emma! It's great fun! The bloke I was dancing with in the TAC said he had a problem finding me as he was looking for the last outfit I had on - only to realise I'd changed it :D
I still had at least 4 other outfits in my bag that never saw the light of day - including the strokeable trousers - sorry guys!:yum:

David B- totally agree - he rescued me at the "hot spot" whilst we were trying to find our respective TAC partners and it was one of the best dances I had all weekend. :D :D

Franck
5th-March-2003, 12:12 AM
I still had at least 4 other outfits in my bag that never saw the light of day - including the strokeable trousers - sorry guys!:yum: Ah, well, I knew I had not missed anything important after all :wink:

Franck.

Divissima
5th-March-2003, 01:19 AM
Thanks David :)
I think I got Toby, Claire and Eva addicted. I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes)

Yes - you ruined a promising career and a glowing future... Now all I think about is SPARKLES!!!!!!!!

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance :D Don't look into the lights - that way lies madness.

Well done for spotting that they are indeed from Cyberdog. Alas not available from their website, but many of their other lines are ...

Divissima
5th-March-2003, 01:24 AM
I forgot to mention that the flashing panels are equally effective for avoiding us in a crowd...
We do turn them off on request.

Lou
5th-March-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
Well done for spotting that they are indeed from Cyberdog.
I also suspected as much. I have their Matrix effect one. :nice:

Gus
5th-March-2003, 12:06 PM
Ah well ... the secret is out ... had Sherif come up to me at one point .... was expecting some deep meaningfull discussion on the dancing or mutual praise of dancing styles ...... NOPE ... he just wanted to know where I got my shirt from!:sad:

If Cyberdog is your thing ... you may want to check out Jupiter etc. Both Debbie (Ceroc teacher from Brum) and Della shop at the Disorder and similar shops in Brum have some REALLY 'out there' kit.

Steven
5th-March-2003, 12:25 PM
Have been to the cyberdog website and some of their stuff looks good.

Any web address for these other stores you mention??

Cheers
Steven

Lou
5th-March-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Ah well ... the secret is out ... had Sherif come up to me at one point .... ... he just wanted to know where I got my shirt from!:sad:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh god. Vem Vet & Gus's dress sense. :what: :wink:

Actually - there's a stall in St Nicholas' Market in Bristol which also sells very similar stuff for cheaper prices - and quite a few places in Leeds, too. (I have occasonal cybergoth tendencies, you see).

Gus
5th-March-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh god. Vem Vet & Gus's dress sense. :what: :wink:

Urrrrr? What does that mean?:confused:

Re dress gear ... the best place I've ever seen is Affleck's Palace (Manchester) ... huge range from the top of the range (Cyberdog) to places where you can get those combats with all the tails (yes ... I've been daft enough to get some myself) from about £25. Ask Helen, Sheena and Heather....:waycool: They came, they saw, they did a litle shopping!

Emma
5th-March-2003, 02:51 PM
I dunno, you turn your back for a couple of hours and the really important stuff starts coming out - clothes.

I am trying really really hard at the moment to get away from wearing all black (er..and failing miserably, I might add).

I need web addresses for cool stuff. I need them. Now. :what: :grin:

I also need a pair of red combats...preferably a pair that costs less that £60....or even less than £40...:nice:

DavidB
5th-March-2003, 03:11 PM
I need web addresses for cool stuff. I need them. Now. http://www.cyberdog.net/ (beware - it is not the easiest site in the world to use!)

Emma
5th-March-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
(beware - it is not the easiest site in the world to use!)

Hee hee, yeah: I have just spent 5 mins getting my head around it...thanks! :)

Lou
5th-March-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Urrrrr? What does that mean?:confused:

Sorry Gus! It's just that S went to Brighton, and came back with Vem Vet & now he goes to Blackpool & almost comes back with your shirt. And after hearing about your legendary trousers, I can only imagine what the shirt might look like... :kiss: (Remember, I'm a regular at his Monday & Tuesday classes, so I have to put up with it IRL!) :wink:

Tiggerbabe
5th-March-2003, 10:34 PM
Right Emma!

Not sure if you want the ones with all the straps but if not then NEXT have a gorgeous pair of bright red combats at the moment - think they cost about £35.

You can order on-line at www.next.co.uk

We could be twins very soon - I have to have them :wink: :grin: :D

Heather
6th-March-2003, 12:28 AM
:D Well Gus, you can relax safely in the knowledge that I won't have to get into your trousers again:wink: :wink: - I went on the Cyberdog website on Sunday night (when I got back from Blackpool) and ordered myself a pair. :D :D
They arrived at 8am on Tuesday morning -pretty good service if you ask me!!! They fit perfectly- and I can't wait to wear them to Glasgow on Saturday.
When you come up to Scotland at the end of the month, Gus perhaps we could do some 'flashing' together!!!!!:wink:
Heather,
XX
By the way, if I can negotiate the Cyberdog website, believe me anyone can! :wink: