PDA

View Full Version : Forum meet at Blackpool?

Mary
27th-February-2006, 12:51 AM
For those going to the Blackpool Champs (:respect: :love: :clap: ) how about a forumite meet on the Friday evening?

I know a lot of folk don't arrive until quite late, and there are those that want to rest before the big day, but how about a group forumite hug at a given time in a given corner on the Friday evening dance? Anyone up for this?

I know I am really looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces and old competition friends at this event, so the idea of a group hug rather appeals to me. So who's up for it, what time shall we meet and which corner?

I'll start by suggesting 10 pm as a time...................

M

TheTramp
27th-February-2006, 01:21 AM
Can we either have the meet on Saturday, or somewhere other than the dance on Friday night (food somewhere?). As we're probably not going to be at the dance...

Mary
27th-February-2006, 01:34 AM
Can we either have the meet on Saturday, or somewhere other than the dance on Friday night (food somewhere?). As we're probably not going to be at the dance...

Good point.

M

Dance Demon
27th-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Friday night at 10pm suits me......I don't start DJing 'til 10.30:cheers:

Lorna
27th-February-2006, 08:20 PM
Friday at 10pm suits me....and I presume that it will suit Mr Fitz, Brian?
But Sat will also be fine.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

ElaineB
28th-February-2006, 08:25 AM
We peeps from Bristol/Cardiff probably won't make the Friday dance as we don't arrive until quite late, then off for a meal.

Anyway Mary, I know who you are.............:D :wink:

Elaine

Tiggerbabe
28th-February-2006, 09:21 AM
Just follow the noise, that's where the Scottish contingent will be :clap: :D

Mary
28th-February-2006, 10:22 AM
Just follow the noise, that's where the Scottish contingent will be :clap: :D

No kidding!

Looks like we might have a quorum. What about you Donna and the Wongster? Elaine, if I'm not going to see you on the Friday just don't come anywhere near me on Saturday with that dress on!!:tears:

M

Dreadful Scathe
28th-February-2006, 10:55 AM
Elaine, if I'm not going to see you on the Friday just don't come anywhere near me on Saturday with that dress on!!:tears:

:) just picturing ElaineB with no dress on ;) We could make that the forum theme :)

CJ
28th-February-2006, 12:54 PM
Friday night at 10pm suits me......I don't start DJing 'til 10.30:cheers:

Make it 11.00.

I finish DJing at 10.30!!:rofl:

The Scots are on tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary
1st-March-2006, 12:28 AM
As lots of people will be travelling on the Friday evening or have other plans, how about meeting at 11.30 on the Saturday? Or maybe just having a big forum corner?

Although I'm not sure that we will be there for 11.30 :blush:

So....how's everone's nerves?:devil:

M

Mary
2nd-March-2006, 11:32 AM
As there don't seem to be a huge number of takers for a forum meet on the Saturday (understandably), and most of the rowdy forumites are out taking over a restaurant close to their hotel :wink: I guess a gathering is out.

However, we will be at the Spanish Ballroom on Friday by 10 (I hope) and maybe some others of the southern contingent. We will aim to be, say, just inside that big bar area (where else?), so will be looking out for some other faces.

See you there DD and CJ - don't work too hard.:D

M

ducasi
2nd-March-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be there and hoping to meet as many forumites as possible. I think I know most of the Scottish forumites who'll be there, so I'll probably be whether they are... (This is my first visit to Blackpool, so I'm going to be totally lost most of the time. :o)

Anyone got any Scottish flags we can wave? :D

marty_baby
2nd-March-2006, 12:08 PM
As there don't seem to be a huge number of takers for a forum meet on the Saturday (understandably), and most of the rowdy forumites are out taking over a restaurant close to their hotel :wink: I guess a gathering is out.

However, we will be at the Spanish Ballroom on Friday by 10 (I hope) and maybe some others of the southern contingent. We will aim to be, say, just inside that big bar area (where else?), so will be looking out for some other faces.

See you there DD and CJ - don't work too hard.:D

M

Oh, I don't know Mary,

Sat night sounds a good time for it!... after the competitions are all done, and everyone can start to relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend....

Its a brilliant idea Mary, and I imagine it will turn into more of a "drop in" get together, where people will just wander over, and away, as the night goes on.....

...now if Ducasi dresses up in his snowcone outfit - that will help everyone see where the Forumites are hangin out! :devil: :rofl:

See you in Blackpool all! :hug:

Martin

ducasi
2nd-March-2006, 01:25 PM
...now if Ducasi dresses up in his snowcone outfit - that will help everyone see where the Forumites are hangin out! Well it was Little Monkey who created and wore that costume... I'll be wearing at least two relatively visible t-shirts over the weekend: a red one with what appears to be arabic writing on it (it's not – can you figure out what it actually says?), and a white one with a red US military stock label printed large across the front. Will probably also at some point be wearing my black t-shirt with Romanian (Cyrillic) writing on it too...

If I get desperate, I might also wear the forum badge that filthycute made for the Scottish competition...

Look forward to seeing you all there! :nice:

CJ
2nd-March-2006, 01:53 PM
Good point...

No-one has offerd to do badges this weekend.

Any offers, Dunc??