PDA

View Full Version : (Southern) Friday night - non-Stormers?

David Bailey
26th-February-2006, 08:14 PM
Normally, I don't do these things, but looking at Lynda's List, it appears to be something of a perfect storm ( :innocent: ) regarding converging dance events next Friday darn Sarf.

Apart from this thing in Camber, and of course the competition somewhere Up North, there's also Ashtons, BFFFFFFF and Cheshunt, all on the Friday night - apart from the normal Friday night events such as Chesham, Twyford, Casbah etc.

So for the two or three of us still around and about, who's going where?

El Salsero Gringo
26th-February-2006, 08:30 PM
Put me down for Ashtons, I think

Tessalicious
26th-February-2006, 09:15 PM
Ashtons for me too, then! And possibly one or both of my flatmates as well :clap: (they don't usually make it to freestyle evenings, so this is a nice treat).

killingtime
27th-February-2006, 02:27 PM
I am going to Storm but it still looks like I won't get to meet the funny DavidJames and ESG or the lovely Tessalicious :(.

Lynn
27th-February-2006, 02:29 PM
...the funny DavidJames... Is that a different one from the MOG DavidJames?:innocent:

(See you on Fri KT.)

Dizzy
27th-February-2006, 02:33 PM
I am going to Storm but it still looks like I won't get to meet the funny DavidJames and ESG or the lovely Tessalicious :(.

Well, that depends on whether they decide to go to Monday Lush after Storm :whistle:.

Lynn
27th-February-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, that depends on whether they decide to go to Monday Lush after Storm :whistle:.Wish I could do that. But I have a Board meeting Mon night. Again.

Icey
27th-February-2006, 02:40 PM
Ohhh, decisions, decisions! I'll be fence sitting but leaning towards Ashtons. Or perhaps Chesham. Hmmm, or Ashtons.

Don't know yet.

drathzel
27th-February-2006, 03:14 PM
I am in London but dont think i am dancing friday, whats on sat night?:hug:

foxylady
27th-February-2006, 11:28 PM
Ashtons definitely, and am hoping some of my favourite men might be there ??? (where's that begging smiley when you need it !)

Missy D
27th-February-2006, 11:39 PM
I am in London but dont think i am dancing friday, whats on sat night?:hug:

How about cat and hamster sitting whilst i am at Storm!:flower:

Watching the cat mime meow outside the patio and listening to the hamster all night is far more entertaining than dancing. Especially when most are at Storm or Blackpool:flower:

Dizzy
28th-February-2006, 01:24 PM
How about cat and hamster sitting whilst i am at Storm!:flower:

Watching the cat mime meow outside the patio and listening to the hamster all night is far more entertaining than dancing. Especially when most are at Storm or Blackpool:flower:

Why be entertained by a cat mioewing when she can have a lone-wolf!!! :whistle: :D

Sorry Dawn, but I know what I would choose :wink:

drathzel
28th-February-2006, 02:04 PM
Why be entertained by a cat mioewing when she can have a lone-wolf!!! :whistle: :D

Sorry Dawn, but I know what I would choose :wink:

mmm, its a hard decision but it think LW takes it!:D and we are dog people not cat or hamster people

Lory
28th-February-2006, 06:15 PM
So for the two or three of us still around and about, who's going where?
I doubt you'll be moaning about crowded dance floors by the look of things! :whistle:

Missy D
28th-February-2006, 07:08 PM
Any offers to come look after my cat and hamster?

dee
28th-February-2006, 07:50 PM
mmm, its a hard decision but it think LW takes it!:D and we are dog people not cat or hamster people

Why not let him cat/hamster sit with you?

bobgadjet
1st-March-2006, 03:13 AM
Ashtons definitely, and am hoping some of my favourite men might be there ??? (where's that begging smiley when you need it !)
Ian and I will be glad to take your requests, as long as they are danceable ! ! !

As we have the best venue, the best sound system, and YOUR choice of music, will anybody be coming along BEFORE they go to Storm (whatever that is ! ! !)

Seriously, the last time Ian and I did a request night we got fantastic reports back from loads that enjoyed the music.

So, dig out all your favourite toooons that you might not have danced to for AGES, and we will be only too pleased to play them for you.

Swinging thru from 7.30 pm to 1.30 am, with a Chill-Out Zone around 12.30 for about 5-7 tracks, ASHTONS is the place to be this coming FRIDAY.

See you there.

DON'T FORGET TO PM THOSE REQUESTS.

:cheers: :kiss:

Missy D
1st-March-2006, 08:51 AM
So I take it no one would like to sit my cat and hamster friday and saturday then? So should I shut it in and get a neighbour to feed it or shut it out and get a neighbour to feed it. Stupid cat wont use the cat flap. Looks like its going to be sub zero temperatures too (quite tempted at staying here and tending to my creatures as i hate being cold).

WittyBird
1st-March-2006, 09:43 AM
Take them to storm with you, leave in chalet, cleaners will take pity on them.

bobgadjet
1st-March-2006, 09:45 AM
So I take it no one would like to sit my cat and hamster friday and saturday then? So should I shut it in and get a neighbour to feed it or shut it out and get a neighbour to feed it. Stupid cat wont use the cat flap. Looks like its going to be sub zero temperatures too (quite tempted at staying here and tending to my creatures as i hate being cold).
Seems to me the best move would be to leave tem both in.
If the cat gets hungry......... she can either learn how to use the cat flap.......or.......eat whatever is runn ing around ! ! ! ! :whistle: :really: :tears:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

under par
1st-March-2006, 11:17 AM
Take them to storm with you, leave in chalet, cleaners will take pity on them.
You have obviously been in different chalets to me.......the one I was in hadn't seen a CLEANER for years..:whistle:

Little Em
2nd-March-2006, 05:30 PM
or if you live in the midlands and want to dance the freestyle is on at rugby fri night...:wink:

Magic Hans
2nd-March-2006, 09:26 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Oh Why, why, why, why, why ..... didn't I get to see this thread earlier!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

... Now I know where I'm going Friday night, after sleeping through a mind rivetting workshop at Charing Cross!!!

Bobgadjet, I'll look out for you on the disc .... and say hello!! [I'll be early, cos I'll have nought else to do!]

... and it'd be fab to bump into anyone not going to STORM [ESG, Icy, Tessa, foxy]

:( .... I just hope I don't disappoint!!:blush:

See ya'all down thar!!

!an

Tessalicious
3rd-March-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey MH, would be great to meet you, we'll be getting there sometime around 10 and will probably be over by the DJ corner, come and introduce yourself if you can! Looking forward to a dance :flower: .

Magic Hans
4th-March-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey MH, would be great to meet you, we'll be getting there sometime around 10 and will probably be over by the DJ corner, come and introduce yourself if you can! Looking forward to a dance :flower: .

Great to see you n ESG n Foxy [I will remember you next time ... promise!!!] n Bobgadjet. Guess I missed you Icey!! :tears: Next time mebee!

... Shame too, I had to leave at 11 for my train. Maybe I can skag a put-up for the night next time!!

Take care peops

!an

David Bailey
4th-March-2006, 05:24 PM
Great to see you n ESG n Foxy [I will remember you next time ... promise!!!] n Bobgadjet. Guess I missed you Icey!! :tears:
She wasn't there, was she? Blimey, given that there were only about 100 people there in total, it'd have been difficult to miss anyone...

Andreas
4th-March-2006, 05:47 PM
Blimey, given that there were only about 100 people there in total, it'd have been difficult to miss anyone...
Says who? :na:

foxylady
4th-March-2006, 08:46 PM
.............. am hoping some of my favourite men might be there ??? (where's that begging smiley when you need it !)

There were !! despite low numbers i had a really lovely time, so thank you to all the yummy men that made it so !

David Bailey
4th-March-2006, 09:31 PM
Says who? :na:
Well, if I were looking for a man to dance with, I'm sure I'd have spotted you immediately :)

Mind you, I managed to miss Lory last time I went to Ashtons, so possibly I'm just massively unobservant.

It was a nice night, actually, the space made it lovely to dance without crashing into people, there were some excellent dancers there, and the floor is nice. The heating situation was a bit weird though - radiators and fans on at the same time :confused:

What were other venues like last night then?

Andreas
4th-March-2006, 09:36 PM
There were !! despite low numbers i had a really lovely time, so thank you to all the yummy men that made it so !
and thank you. I broke a sweat from not moving! :drool: :D

And thanks to Tessalicious for the great dances, in particular the ChaCha! :hug:

Note to all: Point out DJ next time I am around. Thanks in advance :D

bobgadjet
6th-March-2006, 02:48 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Oh Why, why, why, why, why ..... didn't I get to see this thread earlier!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

... Now I know where I'm going Friday night, after sleeping through a mind rivetting workshop at Charing Cross!!!

Bobgadjet, I'll look out for you on the disc .... and say hello!! [I'll be early, cos I'll have nought else to do!]

... and it'd be fab to bump into anyone not going to STORM [ESG, Icy, Tessa, foxy]

:( .... I just hope I don't disappoint!!:blush:

See ya'all down thar!!

!an

Great to see you toon :cheers:
Hope you will come back soon. Keep a look out on the Ceroc website for the next one........ OH OK, it's 21st April, but we do have a Tea Dance Chillout Lounge on 12 March, and 2nd April, os maybe see you there.
:cheers: