PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Embarrassing Dance Moments.

Donna
23rd-February-2006, 06:19 PM
What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a dance night/event?

I've been flipped over someones back and collapsed in a heap on the floor plus slipped a couple of times. My face was this colour :mad:

Pammy
23rd-February-2006, 07:34 PM
Someone once stood on the back of my skirt whilst doing a drop, the skirt had an elasticated waist.

The result, as I came up, the skirt went down! :blush:

Aleks
23rd-February-2006, 09:23 PM
Whilst wearing a halter-neck top.....when I was put in a low drop my partner's sweaty hands (yeuch :sick: ) slipped on my back. I fell to the floor, leaving the front of my top and bra in his hands :what: :what: :what:

Magic Hans
23rd-February-2006, 10:08 PM
Whilst wearing a halter-neck top.....when I was put in a low drop my partner's sweaty hands (yeuch :sick: ) slipped on my back. I fell to the floor, leaving the front of my top and bra in his hands :what: :what: :what:

Ooops!!!

Well .... I trod on my own foot ... which was all very well ..... until I then tried to step with the foot that was trodden on!!!

Very elegant it was!!

[Mind you, I believe that it's a technique in climbing to swap feet on a foothold ... shame I wasn't climbing!!]

pjay
23rd-February-2006, 10:10 PM
I ripped my pants wide open at the back when demonstrating a lift one day... ended up with my partner on my shoulders explaining a couple of points about the lift, and me "standing in the breeze"

Another day I tripped over my partners foot as we came out of a very fast turning move... I think we both landed on our butts about 3-4 metres apart.

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-February-2006, 10:21 PM
Ooops!!!

Well .... I trod on my own foot ... which was all very well ..... until I then tried to step with the foot that was trodden on!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I ripped my pants wide open at the back when demonstrating a lift one day... ended up with my partner on my shoulders explaining a couple of points about the lift, and me "standing in the breeze"
:yum: Nice :yum:

Mine will be dancing with a friend a while back with a top that tied up at the side, he done a sway on me and next thing I knew my top was flapping open revealing my very revealing bra :o

Caro
23rd-February-2006, 10:28 PM
During a class, we were practicing the how so horrible 'swiss roll' (lady standing with her back to the guy front, falls backwards in his arm, and then the guy pivots on one foot to step over the lady (who at this very time is hold by both forearms and face to the floor), then pivots the other foot over the lady to bring her face back up again), when this guy who was a lot smaller and lighter than me (and not very good at following the instructions :what: ) performed it on me (yes I was worried already :sick: ), dropped me :eek: as I was face to the floor, and then dropped himself :eek: :eek: . I got back up straight away, pretending 'nothing has happened here ' :whistle: and hoping nobody had seen us; but the guy stayed lying on the floor, laughing and waiting until EVERYBODY in the class had well noticed to get back up again. (thanks). never been that embarrassed. :really: :sick: :eek: :tears:
No need to mention that since then nobody has ever performed a swiss roll with me ...

Cruella
23rd-February-2006, 11:25 PM
I was dancing in Nottingham with Wes (Sorry mate) When he decided to do an aerial type move where you pull the ladies hands through her legs and she does a full turn, like a forward roll in the air. It went a bit wrong and we ended stuck in a very embarrassing position. Picture him holding both my hands which are through my legs, my legs have ended up over his shoulders. Can't let go of the hands as i will fall to the ground, legs stuck over his shoulders, consequently we had to get someone to lift me off him.:blush: :blush: But it was also extremely funny and i lay on the floor afterwards laughing hysterically, just like this :rofl:
Don't think his backs been right since!!! I did apologise to his wife saying that i think i may have broken her husband.:rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-February-2006, 12:00 AM
was dancing in front of the Jive Aces on oxford road in london years ago and did an aerial and Fi got stuck upside down - the gathering crowd thought it was deliberate :) (this reminds me that i used to dance in public!:eek:)

ChrisA
24th-February-2006, 02:04 AM
I once led a lady back on her right foot, but her weight was already on it... she did a bit of a triple step, left foot back first, and the move ended up ok.... :blush:

Oops, wrong thread...

Mary
24th-February-2006, 11:49 AM
At the Ceroc Champs a couple of years ago I was competing with BTC Bill :worthy: :drool: , and I was wearing a pretty daring red latin dress with a deep plunging front. As we were dancing in one of our heats the dress got slipped to one side a little revealing to all at that moment one uncovered breast. Bill noticed immediately and was very gallant and quick thinking brought me straight back in for a closed move and managed somehow to lodge the dress back in place.

I wasn't aware that any of this was happening until a couple of our omnipotent forumites told me 'cos they saw it!!:eek: :blush: I felt myself go the colour of my dress.

For the next round I managed to get some toupe tape and stick the dress in position.

More recently I was led into a very dynamic move that continued into some fast spinning on a very fast floor. My feet just disappeared from under me and I ended up like Bambi splayed out on the ice with arms and legs akimbo. I had loads of people asking me for a dance after that one.:confused: :D

M

jacksondonut
24th-February-2006, 01:17 PM
The only memorable and embarrassing moment for me was as a beginner, quite a few years back....:eek: :sad:

Dancing with a shorter friend with quite large feet....(bless him, he shall ramain nameless).... he had both of my hands, (dont ask me how!).. I tripped over one of his feet, fell, was unable to save myself and landed on my face/shoulder and hip.... stunned and shocked I lay on the floor unable to move for a few minutes, unable to move..... almost out for the count....:tears: :sick:

SUDDENLY, the music stopped, the lights went on and a team of burly taxi dancers (and said friend) carried me off the dance floor to recover on the nearest seats... didnt feel embarrassed until a few moments later, when I got my marbles back... and realised that the evening had been disrupted by my flying dive onto the floor...... aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The bruises were amazing... and painful.. nevertheless, I forgave my mate and still dance with him years later, but a lot more warily...:whistle:

JonD
24th-February-2006, 01:36 PM
I invented the "Hasse Marie Ricochet Drop" about 3 years ago. I led a Hasse Marie on a friend of mine - we got through the "duck" bit OK but I knew she was off balance when I led the 1.5 spin. She travelled across the floor like a whirling Dervish, hit a couple dancing innocently to my right, bounced off them and ended up sprawled on the floor. I was just mortified and still shudder at the memory. I can't believe I led the spin even though I knew she was off balance - crazy. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt and forgave me. She even still dances with me.

For the next round I managed to get some toupe tape and stick the dress in position.
Having seen something similar I now carry a roll of double sided tape in my dance bag, along with the compeed, tea-tree foot gel, ibuprofen gel etc. A favourite dance partner stopped dancing one night after she'd "popped out" and I'd rather carry the tape than lose out on some fab dances. "Toupe tape"? When I produced it to save my 15 year-old neice embarrasment at a wedding she told me it was called "tit tape"!

bigdjiver
24th-February-2006, 06:59 PM
I have split my trousers three times doing crouching moves. I got quite adept at the shuffle along the front of the stage and walls. I now wear trousers that are too big around the waist and a belt.

Asif
25th-February-2006, 04:45 AM
I was dancing with a girl who has a very curvaceous figure. I span her and as she turned to face me, i ended up with her VERY ample left breast in my right hand.

I know this kind of thing happens to most guys at some time or another and you can normally just ignore it and carry on dancing as though nothing happened BUT i just stopped and went totally beetroot :blush: . So, there was me standing there holding this girls t*t, to which she smiled and said "Hmm, nice move - does it have a name?" :whistle:

Dazzle
25th-February-2006, 10:25 AM
Once taught a whole evening (both classes) with my fly open!:blush: I don't think anyone noticed, except my demo, who didn't mention it after the beginners class :eek: , allowing me to repeat the predicament in the Intermediate lesson too! I have such good friends :hug: ! (Reminded me why I wear black underwear with black trousers!) :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
25th-February-2006, 10:49 AM
Tigger Babes.....is there something here you wish to share with us, like you did on the cruise whilst teaching with Franck,......(red troons)....

G...:wink: :wink: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
25th-February-2006, 11:10 AM
Ehrm - nope :wink: Can't think :D
Glad Sal had that spare top with her though :hug:

p.s Thanks for the great pic of me doing the "bad shoulders" excercise :rofl:

Minnie M
25th-February-2006, 11:40 AM
I was dancing with a girl who has a very curvaceous figure. I span her and as she turned to face me, i ended up with her VERY ample left breast in my right hand. ............ "Hmm, nice move - does it have a name?" :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl: yes that often happens with me, my boobs always seem to get in the way - I pretend to ignore it to save my partner's embarassment - nice line though :rofl: I'll remember that one :hug:

Mary
25th-February-2006, 12:00 PM
I was dancing with a delightful man last night who, during the dance said "I'm just trying to get between your legs", so naturally I said, "all the boys say that". It was a while before he could carry on dancing.

OK, it's an old joke, but he really hadn't realised what he'd said, and he doesn't know me well enough to realise just how down-to-earth I am.:wink:

M

Daisy Chain
25th-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Many years ago, I wore a new Wonderbra Ultraboost with a low neck dress to go cajun dancing and was tickled pink to have a cleavage. Well, the jitterbug was too much for this new piece of underwear and the little white pads worked their way out of both cups and made a bid for freedom out of the top of my dress. Not a good look but At least they weren't chicken fillets.

Needless to say, each time I buy a new Wonderlbra , I immediately sew the padding into the cups.
Daisy

(A Well Padded Little FLower)

FirstMove
26th-February-2006, 01:22 AM
So, there was me standing there holding this girls t*t, to which she smiled and said "Hmm, nice move - does it have a name?" :whistle:

I've done this so many times I'm surprised I don't have a reputation (maybe I do :eek: )
Lou christened one of my efforts the First Move boob block :blush:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148425&postcount=39

I've also made one person throw-up after dancing with me, and two people faint. :sick:

Lory
26th-February-2006, 09:10 AM
I've also made one person throw-up after dancing with me, and two people faint. :sick:
You mentioned in the Storm thread that you didn't know what many Forumites looked like... Well, I'm tall, slim, with short dark hair ;) Look forward to meeting you :flower:

TiggsTours
27th-February-2006, 02:25 PM
Being asked to dance by Ryan Francois (an honour in itself!) about 6 years ago, not knowing who he is, dancing next to the very fabulous Nigel & Nina, and saying to him "We would have to end up next to the experts!". He very sweetly smiled and said "Oh, I think we'll be OK".

For those of you who don't know who Ryan Francois is:

http://www.ryanandjenny.com/

Donna
27th-February-2006, 03:47 PM
Once taught a whole evening (both classes) with my fly open!:blush: I don't think anyone noticed, except my demo, who didn't mention it after the beginners class :eek: , allowing me to repeat the predicament in the Intermediate lesson too! I have such good friends :hug: ! (Reminded me why I wear black underwear with black trousers!) :flower:

Er...I'd have done the same..not say anything that is! :rofl: Nah just kidding.

My most embarrassing moment was when I was dancing with steve and my low cut top moved over to one side revealing one of them!!! :o

(Mary I know exactly how you felt!)

Also, one side of my top came down whilst dancing in front of ARLENE PHILLIPS, STACEY HAYNES, WAYNE SLEEP AND BEN RICHARDS yesterday, revealing a nude coloured bra which most probably looks as though I never had anything on underneath! I hope they don't show it on TV! :o :o Yeah, I've been flash dancing!

Danielle
27th-February-2006, 05:17 PM
I've had so many problems loosing clothes. :blush:

2 most embarrassing:

Had only been dancing a couple of months and was out one night wearing a little halter neck top (no bra I hasten to add :blush: :blush: ) finally worked up the courage to ask one of the best male dancers in the room for a dance and half way though - guess what!!! Anyway needless to say I had my hands full and his professional dance partner had to come up and help me tie my top back on!! I was mortified!!

Number 2 - I was in a club in london stupidly decided to wear a long skirt. A guy decided to do the move where you fall backwards into his arms and then he flips you round 360 degrees and back to your feet. On the drop back he stepped on my skirt and the move revealled far too much of my very little thong to the entire club.

I'm now a lot more more careful about what i wear dancing!!! :waycool:

TiggsTours
27th-February-2006, 06:00 PM
wearing a little halter neck top (no bra I hasten to add :blush: :blush: ) .......

Reminds me of a few weeks ago at Hipsters, wearing a top that just covers the front, with 3 ties round the back, so underwear totally out of the question. Problem with the top is, if I use double knots, I can't get it off when I want to, so I never do, I was dancing with Asif, and Hev thought it would be really funny to try to undo it (expecting it to be well secured) once she'd undone one (I hadn't noticed), she then went on to decide to try the next one (at which point I did notice, so pressed myself hard against Asif, and then, everso quickly, she managed to get the last one undone too! Leaving me in a position where, if I let go of Asif to do it up, it would fall to the ground anyway! :blush:

Donna
27th-February-2006, 06:38 PM
Reminds me of a few weeks ago at Hipsters, wearing a top that just covers the front, with 3 ties round the back, so underwear totally out of the question. Problem with the top is, if I use double knots, I can't get it off when I want to, so I never do, I was dancing with Asif, and Hev thought it would be really funny to try to undo it (expecting it to be well secured) once she'd undone one (I hadn't noticed), she then went on to decide to try the next one (at which point I did notice, so pressed myself hard against Asif, and then, everso quickly, she managed to get the last one undone too! Leaving me in a position where, if I let go of Asif to do it up, it would fall to the ground anyway! :blush:

:rofl: :rofl:

JonD
27th-February-2006, 06:49 PM
Crikey! I hadn't realised that ladies suffered clothing malfunctions so frequently.

Julie ended up on her bum at the Crystal Ball on Saturday night; the combination of 4" heels and a floor length, lace hemmed, dress which looked just fantastic wasn't the best choice for dancing. Fortunately, I almost caught her so she subsided rather than plumetted. Despite the fact that it wasn't my fault - travelling returns aren't that dangerous in normal circumstances - I still got some pretty accusing looks from ladies who hadn't seen what happened.

Donna
27th-February-2006, 06:59 PM
4" heels

4" heels?!!! 4 INCH HEELS!! I have trouble wearing 3"!

Minnie M
27th-February-2006, 07:12 PM
last year at Rebel Yell I had the nearly most embarrasing episode of my life :blush:

At the evening break I needed a 'wash and brush up' but the Ladies' loos were full, so my buddy "Almost An Angel" said I should use the 'Invalid Loo' :blush: next to the crewe/teachers' rooms

So in went moi, stripped off completely, had a quick wash, dressed myself and started to employ make-up. Did think it a strange loo, but not having been in one before, dismissed it - also thought it strange the sink area was so messy :blush: the fact there was no lock on the door helped to convince me it was OK

I was nearly finished, when Jon Brett came storming in - Hi Jon (I said) Hi Lynda (said Jon) I'll come back later (said Jon) - don't mind me Jon I'm nearly done (I said)

Jon went into the cubicle and shut the door, that is when I notice the urinal :blush: :blush: :blush:

I grabbed the rest of my make-up and ran ................ (I turned and looked at the sign on the door as I left :blush: :blush: :tears: :tears:) BTW the invalid loo was actually next door :what:

What a gentleman that Jon Brett is - he never said a word

Thank goodness you guys don't go to the loo too often, hate to think what would have happened if someone came in earlier :rolleyes:

Donna
27th-February-2006, 07:36 PM
last year at Rebel Yell I had the nearly most embarrasing episode of my life :blush:

At the evening break I needed a 'wash and brush up' but the Ladies' loos were full, so my buddy "Almost An Angel" said I should use the 'Invalid Loo' :blush: next to the crewe/teachers' rooms

So in went moi, stripped off completely, had a quick wash, dressed myself and started to employ make-up. Did think it a strange loo, but not having been in one before, dismissed it - also thought it strange the sink area was so messy :blush: the fact there was no lock on the door helped to convince me it was OK

I was nearly finished, when Jon Brett came storming in - Hi Jon (I said) Hi Lynda (said Jon) I'll come back later (said Jon) - don't mind me Jon I'm nearly done (I said)

Jon went into the cubicle and shut the door, that is when I notice the urinal :blush: :blush: :blush:

I grabbed the rest of my make-up and ran ................ (I turned and looked at the sign on the door as I left :blush: :blush: :tears: :tears:) BTW the invalid loo was actually next door :what:

What a gentleman that Jon Brett is - he never said a word

Thank goodness you guys don't go to the loo too often, hate to think what would have happened if someone came in earlier :rolleyes:

:rofl: and Jon said nothing!!

Lee
28th-February-2006, 01:30 PM
What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a dance night/event?

Mmmmm.................

Demoing with my flies open during the beginners class. :blush:

Only to remember i was wearing my newest white 'breathable' jocks. :blush: :blush: under my black combats. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Lee :respect:

Donna
28th-February-2006, 01:41 PM
Mmmmm.................

Demoing with my flies open during the beginners class. :blush:

Only to remember i was wearing my newest white 'breathable' jocks. :blush: :blush: under my black combats. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Lee :respect:

Oh dear! :rofl:

This one seems to happen quite often...and not just among the men either! :blush:

pjay
28th-February-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh dear! :rofl:

This one seems to happen quite often...and not just among the men either! :blush:

What you have new breathable jocks too?

Lee
28th-February-2006, 02:26 PM

Yer, they are special space ones that allow you to breath more easily, or is that tunes?

Basically, they keep you in place and keep you much drier. :rofl:

Lee

Donna
28th-February-2006, 06:45 PM

:rofl:

It happened to me as I was getting off the train as well. I opened the doors, and my zip was level with the heads of a bunch of lads who were trying to get on. (poor things!!) Well, they found it amusing and one at least had the guts to tell me whilst their girlfriends just looked at me with that 'I feel sorry for you' look on their faces! :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
28th-February-2006, 07:28 PM
Yer, there are special spaces ones that allow you to breath more easily,

Basically, they keep you in place and keep you much drier. :rofl:

So you need to arrange yourself into them then?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :innocent: