PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool - The Scots Rule OK!

Gus
2nd-March-2003, 02:16 PM
Well guys, you came, you saw, you picked up some serious silverware and you made it a weekend to remember! I''m now desperately trying to renounce my UK passpost and get a Scottish one instead! Seriously, the whole event owes the Scottish horde a massive thanks for the quality of dancers, the enthusiaism and sportsmanship and the fantastic atmosphere generated!:grin: :grin: :grin:

For those that missed the fantastic performances by both the Scottish teams (1st AND 2nd), Mel and James's brilliant performance in the Intermediate Final and the great winning couple in the Seniors (Sorry ... dont know your names) .... all achievements to be rightfully proud of.

Without commenting on some of the Judging decisions (a pointless exercise) ... I think that Fran and Bill, Bombay Bad Boy and De and Sheena and Alex can call count themselves unlucky not to have progressed further. Respect to you and all the other Scottish competitors.

ALSO .... big thanks to all the non-competing Scotts who just plain and simply had a great laugh ... had some great dances and still owe a load of dances ... promise to get up to Scotland again soon (Edinburgh at the end of the month??)

Also would like to thank the Scots Army for the fantastic support you gave me and Helen in the Advanced ... sorry we didn't manage to give you much to shout about but your support really did help us to lift our game. Cheers guys.

Sorry ... getting all tired and emotional! Lots to talk about and no small amount of controvesy ... but it would be nice if all the 'post-match' discussion could celebrate the high points rather than pick through the bowels of 'what might have been'.

Roll on the Scottish Champs!!!! :grin: :grin:

Lou
2nd-March-2003, 03:25 PM
Sounds like you had a great time - well done the Teams & everyone! :grin:
So come on. We need to know all the gossip! :wink:

Emma
2nd-March-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm too tired to string a sentence together but what a fantastic weekend and huge thanks to the Scottish hordes for making me so welcome - you thoroughly deserved all of the prizes you got, and even some of the ones you didn't get! ;)

And what dancers...oooh....fantastic...what a pleasure!...can't wait to come and dance with you all again!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

That's it, I'm going to sleep now....

John S
2nd-March-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Gus

the great winning couple in the Seniors (Sorry ... dont know your names)

John & Hazel Lusby - in the winning cabaret team, too, so DOUBLE UK CHAMPIONS - Respect!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gus

fantastic performances by both the Scottish teams (1st AND 2nd), Mel and James's brilliant performance in the Intermediate Final

Absolutely - James has only been dancing 4 months, and he's in a national final!!!!! Makes me sick. ;)

Medals too in the Double Trouble for Bill/Denise/Fran (2nd), and Brady/Heather/Melanie (3rd).

And in the Lindy Hop I know Linzi and Gilbert got 3rd place, but am I right that the winners (sorry, don't know their names) are also from Edinburgh?

Appearances too in the Take a Chance final for Brady and Carole with their respective partners.

There was another Scottish couple in a final but for the life of me I can't remember the guy's name - I must be having a Senior Moment. But thanks, Cathy, for the foot massage beforehand - one of the highlights of the day. ;) Try massaging my head next time and I'll maybe remember the moves!!!:(

The best comment I heard was from one of the Chance2Dance crew, who said that some of them got quite emotional when the two Scottish cabaret teams held up the presentations for a spontaneous bout of mutual congratulations, commiserations and lots of hugging!! That was really what the day, and ALL dance competitions, should be about - to do your best, have fun, accept any vagaries of judging decisions with good grace, celebrate each other and above all enjoy life - it's short enough.

Franck
2nd-March-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Seriously, the whole event owes the Scottish horde a massive thanks for the quality of dancers, the enthusiasm and sportsmanship and the fantastic atmosphere generated!:grin: :grin: :grin: Wow, congratulations to all of you who made it there and obviously had a fantastic time... :D :D

I am even more sorry I missed it now :sad:
I actually spent the whole week-end wondering how you were all doing and checking the Forum / my mobile phone in case any of you had found an internet cafe...
Thanks Sheena for the late night txt with a summary of the brilliant results!

As ever guys and girls, you did Scotland proud! :cheers:

Franck.

... now, onto the gossip and the after-champs party???

Scot
2nd-March-2003, 07:24 PM
Just back from Blackpool and I have to say the Scottish performance was outstanding, but then why would that ever be in question.

Great job guys you have made Scottish Ceroc proud.

Bill
2nd-March-2003, 08:12 PM
Agree with what's been said so far.especially about the reaction from Wendy & Avril's team when they were receiving their prizes and realised that the Dundee team had won. Spontaneous cheering and hugging !!!:D :kiss: :cheers: Wish we were allowed vidseo cameras because that moment is going to stay with me for a long time. Very special congrats to Hazel and John. They are a lovley couple but in the final hazel was quite sensational - I've never seen her dance quite like that before !! Keep it up girl - John clearly enjoyed it :D :wink:

What a pity they couldn't have been first equal !!!!!

Depsite some seriously odd decisions ( and no doubt there will be some debate soon - I hope :wink: :innocent: ) it was a great day and the Scots contingent did themselves proud as supportive and generous spectators and contenstants.

Memo to Keith and Tony & CTD team......... great day - wonderful atmosphere and thanks to all the team. ps could you consider relaxing the 'no video rule ....please:rolleyes: for those of us going to London it would have been really good to see our 'performances' before we head off to see what we did and didn't do right on the day and nice to review the team performances again before August !

Anyway, just heading off for a nice relaxing soak to tend to these old weary legs... Well done again to everyone for helping make it a great day.

Dance Demon
2nd-March-2003, 08:20 PM
Just back from Blackpool and proud to be a Scotsman:D
Total respect to everyone who competed. Nice to see so much silverware come north, especially with the standard overall being so high. Had a great weekend and thought the venue was brilliant. Well done Chance2Dance for the excellent way the whole event ran.
:cheers:

Lorna
2nd-March-2003, 09:18 PM
WOW!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well done to everyone, in particular to those North of the Border.
You've really done yourselves proud. I only wish I had been there to see it. Next year!

Big mentions to several people on stage this week. You deserve it!

As Franck said I've also been logging on all weekend to get the latest from the event. I was so chuffed to see names that I recognised amongst the winners. Go Guys!! :wink:

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
2nd-March-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah. What they all said above.

Makes me proud to be an honourary Scot!!

You guys were fantastic. Especially with the level of support. And thanks for the cheers you gave Laili and I. :kiss:

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-March-2003, 09:22 PM
Brilliant day, especially for Scotland. Was a great competition overall though.

Most memorable, apart from the many great Scottish performances :) was the Showcase. The standard of Showcase entries was fantastic, lots of totally original and impressive moves and routines. Looking forward to the DVD see I can watch the things I missed.

Lets make the next Scottish Comp just as good as this ;). Hope the c2d team will come up for it !

Fran
2nd-March-2003, 09:55 PM
I am soooooooo teird!!!! but it was FABBY!!!! Great company, great music, and Fabby dances!!

well done to everyone.

thankyou to denise and bill, you guys are great fun to double trouble with.

looking forward to next year for another great day out!

:nice: :nice: :nice:

big hug to everyone who was there
fran xx

Franck
2nd-March-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Brilliant day, especially for Scotland. Was a great competition overall though. Indeed!
Any idea how many people were there for the day, and how many people had come from Scotland? :D

From the sound of things (and judging by how quiet the Forum was over the week-end), everyone was there!

Franck.

Alfie
2nd-March-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi All,
Many congrats to you all from north of the border. What a super weekend we've all had. I'm not sure how many people were there on the day but It was nice to see Sheena and Heather again and to dance with some more of your wonderful ladies. Scot's champs here we come!
It was great to see and hear you all supporting eveyone and the haul of silverware was definately justified. The Double Trouble and your Teams were awsome.
I think the scottish contingent made the weekend for more memorable for eveyone who went.
Also congrats to the lovely Della and young Elliot on their victory in the Intermediates.
Again Many Congratulations and thanks for being such great Fun.
Cheers Everybody

DaveD
2nd-March-2003, 10:49 PM
What a weekend! I intended to take it easy on Friday night, you know, a few dances to check out the friction coefficent of the floor, then an early night... Wrong!! Great night, loads of great dancers.

Saturday was even better, fantastic turnout from the Scottish contingent, great support! After all the competitions and the emotional high of winning the team cabaret, it was great to relax and enjoy the dancing to a variety of DJs.

Thanks to Sheena and Heather for double trouble, and to Heather for coming on from the substitutes bench in place of injured Lulu. Thanks to Sheena of course for all the work for the team cabaret. Had some great dances over the weekend, particular thanks to Margaret for the cha cha, Della for the dances with and without kilt, and the lady who I danced with to "All that Jazz" :yum:

snoopy
2nd-March-2003, 11:41 PM
We came, We Danced, We conquered - well some did and for the rest of us it was a great evening to be part of. :cheers:

Congrat's to all those who managed to lift a prize.

Only photo that I managed to get was "Fatal Attraction", sorry Sheena :tears: , perhaps you could rectify this.

Roll on October 2003 :yum:

Swannie
3rd-March-2003, 12:56 AM
Wasn't the saying a few years ago - 'Glasgow Smiles Better' but in the end 'Dundee Did It' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Swannie x

Debster
3rd-March-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Any idea how many people were there for the day, and how many people had come from Scotland? :D

From the sound of things (and judging by how quiet the Forum was over the week-end), everyone was there!
I have no idea how many were there but I was thrilled to find myself sitting at a table near the middle of the Scottish contingent - you guys are great! No-one else was really needed! You provided such wonderful atmosphere and it was so great to meet a bunch of you too. Many thanks to Sheena for spotting me - I was stumped as to where to start trying to say hello!

Big Congrats to all the prize winners!!

As for the cheering, I tried to do my bit as promised, but who could hear me amongst your own din?!! Thanks for your support too.

Well done to the C2D team for putting on such a great show again. And in such a great venue.
Thanks to the judges who did a very long and relatively thankless job. I am so glad I didn't have to judge the spotlight entries especially, the standard was very high and so many entries! Just goes to show how many of us are so addicted to this dance stuff that we are willing to put so much time and effort (&£) into such great performances.

Now I really need to get more sleep... looking forward to some more chat about the day later.

Cheers!!

DavidB
3rd-March-2003, 02:44 AM
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who took part. This was the first time I've been to the C2D competition, and I thought it was the best organised jive competition I've been to. It was the little things that made the difference - a few examples:
- the organisers being very visible and approachable all weekend
- telling the next heat/division to stand-by when calling a heat to the floor
- Tony telling the audience off for not cheering enough (unless you were Scottish!!)

Originally posted by Bill
could you consider relaxing the 'no video rule ....please for those of us going to London it would have been really good to see our 'performances' before we head off to see what we did and didn't do right on the day and nice to review the team performances again before August !I understand this - especially for the choreographed routines (Showcase and the Teams) However I can also understand the organiser's need to restrict videos - it could make the difference between a profit and a loss, and possibly whether the competition is held again.
Would it be possible to set up a video projector in the side room where the vendors are, and show an overall view of each routine (after the competitions have finished). Then the competitors get a chance of a near-instantaneous review, spectators can see something they may have missed, and the organisers get to protect their investment. It also gets more people into the vendors' room, and could be good advertising for video sales...

Despite some seriously odd decisions ( and no doubt there will be some debate soon - I hope) Well Bill - you started it...

David

Dave Hancock
3rd-March-2003, 09:11 AM
Would like to add my congratulations to everyone from Scotland for travelling down and making it such a fantastic weekend for all who attended. I would estimate that there must have been about 70'ish of us down and we certainly made a fair old noise.

Special congratulations to all those medal winners (shall maybe get a dance or two of some of the Dundonians on Wed &Fri??) and if I manage to get Hazel will you dance with us like you danced with John in the final, absolutely terrific fun and very happy for you both winning the top prize.

The teams were absolutely fabolous, Dundee were even tighter than at the Scottish champs and the few small alterations made to their routine worked wonderfully well and they had to as I thought Fatal Attraction were really good as well and must have pushed them fairly close.

Also well done to non-Dundonians, esp Bill, Fran and Brady all medal winners, esp Brady who won 2 medals and made the take a chance final, not too bad a performance!

On a personal note I'd like to thank everyone for cheering for myself when danceing and also all the lovely ladies whom I was fortunate to grab a dance with and also for Niall for what could only described as a most interesting dance!

Once again well done to everyone who went down for making it such an awesome day

Bill
3rd-March-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Alfie
Hi All,
Also congrats to the lovely Della and young Elliot on their victory in the Intermediates.
Cheers Everybody
:cheers: And as I said to young Mr Elliot and Della..........how many titles do they want to collect before they are booted up to Advanced ? :rolleyes: :D

Mind you the competition is already so strong that E & D joining the ranks makes things even tougher !!!!!!!!!

One consolaiton is that I might be able to enter the seniors in a couple of years........................... but even there the standard is so high I still won't get through a round :tears:

I think after those performances we might expect quite an influx of 'southerners' at the next Scottish comp. Scot.................you better be ready for a mass of applications !!!!!!!! :wink: :cheers:

Any more photos on the go ????? I was so busy I didn't take very many so would like a few of the teams if anyone has a spare !

Lorna/Franck.............. pity you weren't there ...you would have been amazed and very proud !............................and very tired
:na:

Lorna
3rd-March-2003, 11:35 AM
Sorry Bill,

Next year I promise! And yes am, v.v.v.v proud of everyone. Definitely will be there next year. My excuse this year is that I am skint having giving up work and we have a wedding to pay for in 5 months time. But next year I will be there! :nice:

Will see if I can persuade Franck to come along with us too.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Marlene
3rd-March-2003, 01:38 PM
Brilliant, Brilliant weekend!!! Talk about a combined front from Scotland - fantastic!! There were loads of Cerocers from Scotland, as Dave said about 70, or maybe more as there must have been 12 to 15 from Abdn alone! As you can see from previous posts, there were a number of honorary Scots as well who seemed to increase in number as the weekend progressed, as they gravitated towards the Scottish contigent!!

All the Sottish competitors were "pure dead brilliant" in my opinion and allowed me a non competitor to have something to cheer about. As it has been said before, you done us proud.

Scotland is now well established on the Ceroc map of Britain. I think we can definitely expect an invasion at the Scottish Championships, and a few more applications for that Scottish Passport!!

:D :cheers:

Brady
3rd-March-2003, 01:44 PM
Hello All!

I must say that this past weekend in Blackpool was the best dance event I've been to (even better than London)! Many of the reasons for this were already mentioned by DavidB.

Must also say I'm proud to be part of the Scottish contingent, as the enthusiasm and overall atmosphere of the group was just amazing!!! I really feel that this is greatly due to the attitude of many of the Scottish teachers (Lorna, Lisa, Kathy, Mairi, and most importantly FRANCK) during normal nights and parties. It is all of them that have created the FRIENDLY, FUN, and ENERGETIC attitude towards dancing that the Scottish crowd have.

Just a couple thanks to my Double Trouble partners, Heather & Mel (couldn't have done it without ya, although the uniform is what did it! :yum: ). Also a HUGE thanks to my Take A Chance partner Christine; a fantastic dancer to say the least!!!

Brady

Chicklet
3rd-March-2003, 02:30 PM
First time eventer (yes, Scots of course) still grinning from ear to ear after Big Day Out at Blackpool. Wonder if others might indulge me in a couple of questions ?

How do they draw a line / who decides if a couple is Intermediate or Advanced?

And, (although the music was great) I was probably subconsciously expecting there to be a bit more real rock and roll.
We popped out just for an hour between 5 and 6 so maybe I missed it or was that a whole 16 hours of Jive with no Joe Turner??

C

filthycute
3rd-March-2003, 02:33 PM
This is going to be a long one! We're still on a total high from the weekend :D
Firstly like to mention the Chance2Dance team.....what a weekend!! you all must be so proud for putting on an event like Blackpool. It was our first time there but it certainly won't be the last.
Major thanks has to go to the Scottish supporters....wow!!! I think most of Blackpool must have heard the eruptions everytime a Scots entry walked on the floor!!! Really made a huge difference to the competitors knowing they had "the force" behind them :D
Have to say HUGE thanks to Brady and Heather for our double trouble....what about that uniform eh? I think Brady was a very popular young man :wink:
Congrats to Bill, Fran and Denise....you all looked fab!!
John and Hazel.....OO-ER!! I think Hazel is a bit of a dark horse.....your secrets out now!! :wink:
Both cabaret teams.....what a fantastic outcome!!!
Elliot and Della....Blantently obvious but very much deserved...thanks to you both for all the support in our intermediate section.

James asked me to thank everyone for all the support you gave us both, especially since like Gus and The Tramp, he's an honorary Scots. He was completely overwhelmed by the whole atmosphere the Scottish crowd created. Cheers to Gus aswell....he really appreciated you talking him through it and all the advice you gave.

All in all it was a fabulous weekend, we're exhausted and ache all over, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Everyone did Scotland proud.

Last thanks i have to give is to James. He put in so much hard work over the past 4 months and i was so proud of him. I couldn't have wished for a better partner. Well done hun x

I think everyone else has probably said everything else i wanted to so i'll end it with ....

WELL DONE SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!

filthycute and 'er man, James x x

Stuart M
3rd-March-2003, 03:10 PM
Mel/James,

I think a campaign should be started to make the "shirt-button popper" an officially recognised Ceroc move :). Mind you, I'll have to work on the pecs and abs to make it worthwhile... ;)

I had a great time, and big thanks to all the ladies who were gentle with me! The arm was a bit sore by the end of Saturday, but it was from all the clapping I did, not the dancing!

Dundee winning the cabaret was one highlight for me. I must admit, when Fatal Attraction got 2nd, the wee cynic in me thought the top prize was going to The Three Amigos, based on their (admittedly superb) moves - despite their lack of formation work. However the wee cynic was completely blown away by the cheers from our corner when the prize was announced!

The freestyle was the other - when I wasn’t up dancing, it was brilliant watching so many cracking dancers simply enjoying themselves.

Well done all at C2D. Looking forward to next year already...

Sal
3rd-March-2003, 04:51 PM
Well, to quote the MC, Tony "How fantastic was that!"

Great weekend, great atmosphere and great venue. I had some great dances with new people and friends, :yum: but as ever, too many great dancers, too little time. :tears: Where did saturday night go?

I spoke to a few people from south of the border who were overawed by the scots' reaction and sportsmanship. I think we can expect some more visitors up here as we have demonstrated how much fun we have!

Gus
3rd-March-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
James asked me to thank everyone for all the support you gave us both..... Cheers to Gus aswell....he really appreciated you talking him through it and all the advice you gave.

filthycute and 'er man, James x x Eerrr .. considering I went out in the first round and you guys made the Final (AND were unlucky not to get placed) I think I should be taking advice from you guys!
Look forwrd to seeing you down here for one of the Gus workshops ... (V&L in May?).

Dance Demon
3rd-March-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
[B
And, (although the music was great) I was probably subconsciously expecting there to be a bit more real rock and roll.
We popped out just for an hour between 5 and 6 so maybe I missed it or was that a whole 16 hours of Jive with no Joe Turner??

C [/B]

You're right!! A whole 16 hours with no Joe Turner. I would have liked a bit more of this kinda stuff too, but thats just my personal preference. I thought on the whole the music was pretty good. The last DJ on Saturday did play a couple of good Rock'n'Roll jivers, notably, Big 10" Record by Bullmoose Jackson. You'll just have to get along to Route 66 on 21st March to get a whole night of this stuff:cheers:

Jayne
3rd-March-2003, 05:47 PM
Wow!! Just how fantastic was it???? :D :D :D I had a brilliant time all weekend (apart form the moment I woke up on Sunday morning and realised that it was gonna hurt crawling out of bed!!! More dancing put an end to that though!!!)

The comp was soooo well organised (in fact I can't think of anything negative at all - apart from a couple of judge's decisions but we'll save that till later...) and the atmosphere was fantastic - even better than last year's Scottish comp?? I was amazed I still had a voice at the end of it!! Met soooo many great dancers... still smiling!

A *HUGE* well done to all those who brought the silverware home!!! It's been said before but the sight of the two cabaret teams hugging was FANTASTIC!

So, when's the next comp???

Well done guys!!

J :wink:

Gus
3rd-March-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
How do they draw a line / who decides if a couple is Intermediate or Advanced?

C

Ahhhh .. well this opens a previous can of worms....

There doesn't appear to be any hard and fast rules other than dance profesionals and teachers should compete in the advanced (and if you can define dance profesional please do:wink: )

As for Advanced v Intermediate ... well thats a matter of opinion generaly ... see what your teacher thinks.

However, the main controvesy surrounds those who have won competitions before at Intermediate level. There are two 'accepted' codes of ethics on these from Down Under;

1) On being placed in any major champs, the dancers must then compete at the next level up,
2) On being placed in any major champs, the dancers have twelve months after which they must then compete at the next level up.

The question before has been as to what compettions count towards this ranking. One consensus is that the 'Main' competitions are UK Open (Blackpool), Ceroc and LeRoc (Bristol). However, I was surprised to see a competitor in the intermediates who had come second in last year's C2D intermediate competition. Think it would be good if C2D laid out some hard and fast rules?

Will
3rd-March-2003, 06:04 PM
A massive thanks to the C2D team.
- What an amazing weekend!
- What a venue!!!
- What an atmosphere (thanks in no small part to the Tartan Army!)

Had a fantastic time. I have a question. As I took the gold package I am entitled to the video when it comes out. Is there anyway I can get the DVD instead (i.e. pay another £10?)

Tiggerbabe
3rd-March-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :kiss:

Difficult to type up here in the clouds but I'll try...............

HUGE congrats to everyone involved in organising the weekend - what a blast!
Especially of course to Andy - who managed to sort out the girls for the TAC (and for wearing shorts!:wink: ) and who (eventually) let us hang our saltire flags from the gantry (after a little gentle persuasion from Heather and Niall - awesome! ).

The atmosphere (you may have already heard :wink: ) in the Scottish corner was just brilliant - couldn't have asked for better -and Tony (the compere) did a great job of guessing who was Scottish and who wasn't. I've got such a sore throat today and hardly any voice left but it was all totally worth it.

The Fatal Attraction Team - what a response to hearing our names announced as winners - thanks for that, it was great. I really enjoyed your cabaret and as John S said wouldn't have been surprised if the result had been in your favour. DS can't wait to see your team photo - as he's sure it will involve you all jumping up and running over to hug us lot!:cheers:

I have to mention the Dundee Cabaret Team - WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! - WE WON!:D - they have all worked so hard, we really didn't expect to end up in Blackpool when we started all this for the Scottish Champs last October.......a special mention to Gregor for coming to a rehearsal in Dundee straight after flying back from South Africa - respect!

John and Hazel - what are you two like? (They used to be shy you know :sorry ). Best move of the day has to be John's reaction to Hazel strutting her stuff around him - think the ladies in that part of the room would have loved it even more if he'd had his kilt on at the time :yum: Serious congrats to you both - if you hadn't won I think there would have been a lynching.

Melanie and James - Fantastic - Awesome - Wow! Any chance of showing us the shirt ripping move again on Wednesday? - with James as the demo of course - loved the outfits....

Brady - best looking sailor in the whole place ..........

Don't think I've ever been so tired in my entire life but am really glad we popped into the Tea Dance for a wee while - what a venue that is........

Finally it was great to meet so many people from the forum and especially those who decided to stay in our cheering team - Emma and Gus (good choice!).

Debster, I loved your showcase - great music, one of Franck's favs.

Will - no dance?:tears:

Got a few dances with Elliot (athough how good they were I've no idea as I was ever so slightly tiddly by then).............

Cheers everyone,
Sheena xx

p.s. Thanks for decorating the jackets Heather - MAd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gus
3rd-March-2003, 08:50 PM
Question? Who was the couple in the advanced final who danced their socks off? They were great ... think they were from the SWest. The lass was wearing a dazzling Blue dress and looked like she was from a ballroom backround. Any volunteers?

Heather
3rd-March-2003, 10:17 PM
:D :D I reckon you are right Brady, the uniform certainly did it for me!!!:yum: :wink: (not to mention The Lovely Sheena and Linda and other ladies too numerous to mention).
Seriously, Melanie and I couldn't have had a better partner in the Double Trouble - we enjoyed every minute, although I reckon Brady was slightly nervous in case Melanie did a reprise of her "Shirt button popper" move on him!!!:wink: :D
:kiss:
Heather,
XX

Tiggerbabe
3rd-March-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Heather
although I reckon Brady was slightly nervous in case Melanie did a reprise of her "Shirt button popper" move on him!!!:wink: :D
[/B]

Somehow I think Melanie was the least of his worries - and I'm not sure it was the shirt buttons he was concerned about either

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Emma
3rd-March-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Question? Who was the couple in the advanced final who danced their socks off? They were great ... think they were from the SWest. The lass was wearing a dazzling Blue dress and looked like she was from a ballroom backround. Any volunteers?

..and if anyone does know my friend Helen desperately wants to know where that amazing dress came from!

uh..I suppose I'd quite like to know too, actually ;)

Steven
4th-March-2003, 12:21 AM
Where to start???????

Well first of all good to have met Emma and Rachel from the forum and to have had a couple of lovely dances with them.

The plan was to take it easy on friday night at the party but as soon as I got there that plan went out the window!! What a great party.....not sure my legs thought so at the end of the night!

Saturday was such a great day.......it has already all been said but well done to everyone from scotland (and honoury members!). Special mention for Hazel and John.........excellent and very well deserved. Also to FC and James......loved the outfits!

Have to say big thanks to sheena for all her hard work with the cabaret and am over the moon to have been involved.......what a result!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Plus Fatal Attraction making it a clean sweep!!! Excellent

Bring on the scottish champs!!!

Cheers
Steven

Heather
4th-March-2003, 12:26 AM
:D :D What are you alluding to Sheena????:wink: Surely you didn't have designs on Brady's trousers!!!!:wink: :wink:
I KNOW what effect a man in uniform has on you!!! LOL:yum: :wink:
Heather
XX

Tiggerbabe
4th-March-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Heather
designs on Brady's trousers!!!!:wink: :wink:

No - Sorry Heather - I had a VERY good look and I'm quite sure there were NO designs at all on Brady's trousers :yum: :yum:

I KNOW what effect a man in uniform has on you!!! LOL:yum: :wink:
Heather
XX

But my mum says it's the ones OUT of uniform that you have to watch out for:wink: :D :drool:

DavidB
4th-March-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Question? Who was the couple in the advanced final who danced their socks off?I think they all did.

They were great ... think they were from the SWest. The lass was wearing a dazzling Blue dress and looked like she was from a ballroom backround. Any volunteers? She is called Jennie Slade. Don't know his name.

Will
4th-March-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DavidB

She is called Jennie Slade. Don't know his name.

Simon.

Lou
4th-March-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Will
Simon.
Good looking fair haired chap - looks a bit like a kids tv presenter type? Simon Bowker.

Gus
4th-March-2003, 12:28 PM
Ahhh ... had heard of them before ... nice to see them in action ... thought they were brilliant. Where do they dance?

Lou
4th-March-2003, 12:53 PM
I see Jennie at St Bons sometimes. Actually I think she won C2D Intermediates last year with a different partner - Graham - iirc.

Will
4th-March-2003, 01:30 PM
Well I thought Des Scott-Sawyer was unlucky not to reach the final of the advanced section.

Will
4th-March-2003, 01:36 PM
.... and where was Janet???

Janet, I thought you were coming to Blackpool?
Are you coming to Hammersmith in May?

DavidB
4th-March-2003, 01:39 PM
... Des Scott-Sawyer... What were they wearing?

TheTramp
4th-March-2003, 01:47 PM
Des is a black guy (ceroc teacher). Can't remember what he was wearing. He was dancing with Marianne who was in a short silverish dress as I recall.

Steve

Janet
4th-March-2003, 03:05 PM
.... and where was Janet???

Janet, I thought you were coming to Blackpool?
Are you coming to Hammersmith in May?
Hi Will!
No, couldn't make Blackpool because of work commitments :tears:. Sadly Rachel's kidnap plan failed. Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves though? At least a little bit?!!! :wink: I think I've almost caught up with all the gossip! :really:

Congratulations to all the medal winners, especially the Scottish ones - too many to mention by the sound of things!!! Can't wait to see the video!

I'll definitely be at the Ceroc Champs in May. Just try and stop me! :D

See you all there,
Janet

TheTramp
4th-March-2003, 03:34 PM
Janet posted:

I'll definitely be at the Ceroc Champs in May. Just try and stop me! Hmmm. Sounds like a challenge to me. Should we ring her boss and get her sent to the Outer Hebrides for work committments for the first week of May?? :D

Steve

Will
4th-March-2003, 03:48 PM
:grin:

Janet
4th-March-2003, 06:47 PM
Steve: :reallymad

Will: :cheers:/ :reallymad (depending on whether :grin: was for me or Steve!)

Diamond Geezer
5th-March-2003, 12:46 AM
This is my first posting on the Forum but I could not allow the Blackpool weekend to pass by without saying what a brilliant weekend it was just fab!!
The support from the Scottish corner for competitors was just something else especially when we just so happened to win the odd event
The cabaret teams well what can I say just fantastic to get 1st & 2nd places well done all who took part.
I just happen to be one of the party from Dundee so to say that I was thrilled when the Dundee team won is an understatment.

Divissima
5th-March-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Ahhh ... had heard of them before ... nice to see them in action ... thought they were brilliant. Where do they dance?

Simon Bowker dances in Bristol - I think Jenni dances there too. They often turn up at the Hammersmith party nights. Simon came second at the Bristol Champs last year with his partner, and Jenni came third with hers...

Steven
5th-March-2003, 01:36 AM
Just a quick post to say that the competition photos have been posted on the chance 2 dance site:

www.chancetwodance.co.uk (http://www.chancetwodance.co.uk)

Fatal Attraction photo is brilliant.

Cheers

Steven :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
5th-March-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Steven

Fatal Attraction photo is brilliant.

hahaha its really funny :) are they on drugs ;)

Razzle Dazzle
5th-March-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hahaha its really funny :) are they on drugs ;)

Be careful what you say DS, you were one of them!!:wink:

DQN
7th-March-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi, the dress I wore in the advanced final (dazzling blue)I had made (a small shop in Bath near Bristol). Nice to know it was noticed:nice:

Divissima
7th-March-2003, 11:25 AM
DQN - you were fab in Blackpool.
Any chance of the details of that shop - I'm always looking for good places to get costumes made.

:wink: