PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation for Scottish Champs Weekend.

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 03:58 PM
Anyone coming up to the Scottish Competition in September?

If you want to be organised :eek: there is accomodation available at The Woodside Hotel (http://www.infotel.co.uk/6055.htm).

At the moment they have 10 rooms still available (a mixture of twins and doubles) and also 2 family rooms (double and single bed).

Cost is £70 per room per night B&B and they require a £20 deposit per room.
Telephone number is 0131 6650 404.

Mention that you are coming up for the Competition in the Brunton Hall :clap:
This is a lovely hotel, not too far from the venue, and the staff kindly kept the bar open until *ehrm* quite late :respect: when we got back from the Comp.

under par
22nd-February-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone coming up to the Scottish Competition in September?

If you want to be organised :eek: there is accomodation available at The Woodside Hotel (http://www.infotel.co.uk/6055.htm).

At the moment they have 10 rooms still available (a mixture of twins and doubles) and also 2 family rooms (double and single bed).

thats only 9 rooms left now:wink:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 04:26 PM
thats only 9 rooms left now:wink:
Hee, hee - nope 10 - I'd already counted you :whistle:

Mary
22nd-February-2006, 04:52 PM
It's still a long way off, but I suppose one should get one's booking in and then see what one is doing closer to the time (shouldn't one?).

M

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 04:55 PM
It's still a long way off
The Comp is at the tail end of the Edinburgh Festival this year, often accomodation is very difficult to find nearer the time. :hug:

Mary
22nd-February-2006, 06:24 PM
The Comp is at the tail end of the Edinburgh Festival this year, often accomodation is very difficult to find nearer the time. :hug:

Ah, yes, I remember, and that's also why I found car hire rate astronomical for that weekend!!:angry: :angry:

The hotel is lovely and ideally situated tho':clap:

M

Yliander
22nd-February-2006, 11:13 PM
Anyone coming up to the Scottish Competition in September? ooo i'm interested but will depend on exact date blah blah blah - where can I find out more info - such as date, location, catergories?

or at the very least the date - i couldn't find anything on the Ceroc Scotland Website

Alice
22nd-February-2006, 11:33 PM
ooo i'm interested but will depend on exact date blah blah blah - where can I find out more info - such as date, location, catergories?

or at the very least the date - i couldn't find anything on the Ceroc Scotland Website
Me too:) I did find some info somewhere- dates at least- but I can't think where it was!!:confused: I'll probably go though.... :clap:

<embarks on international partner search>

Yliander
22nd-February-2006, 11:36 PM
<embarks on international partner search> don't go hogging all the boys - i want one too:grin:

DavidY
23rd-February-2006, 12:18 AM
ooo i'm interested but will depend on exact date blah blah blah - where can I find out more info - such as date, location, catergories?

or at the very least the date - i couldn't find anything on the Ceroc Scotland WebsiteI believe the Championships are planned for 9th Sept, with a party the night before on the 8th. See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=148613#post148613)

Alice
23rd-February-2006, 12:31 AM
don't go hogging all the boys - i want one too:grin:
I'm sure there'll be plenty to go around:flower:

Besides, you're kinda out of my league anyway!! He he he..

Ok boys, two lovely young Aussie ladies looking for partners for the Scottish champs... We await the inundation of offers.... :flower: :hug: :flower:

TheTramp
23rd-February-2006, 03:17 AM
I believe the Championships are planned for 9th Sept, with a party the night before on the 8th.

Oooh. I'll just about be back then. Might be dead/asleep though :what:

Yliander
23rd-February-2006, 04:10 AM
Oooh. I'll just about be back then. Might be dead/asleep though :what:we'll just prop you in the corner with your head at a jaunty angle:wink:

johnah
23rd-February-2006, 04:07 PM
Hee, hee - nope 10 - I'd already counted you :whistle:

Well there's none left now because I've just taken all 10, and our gang's gonna be up there on 08 & 9 September. Looking forward to it, even though it's the weekend before Southport!!:clap:

And, so pleased to know Mr & Mrs UP will be there too cos they know we like a party and don't need much sleep.

Perhaps see some of you at Blackpool too!!:cheers:

Mary
23rd-February-2006, 04:30 PM
Well there's none left now because I've just taken all 10, and our gang's gonna be up there on 08 & 9 September. Looking forward to it, even though it's the weekend before Southport!!:clap:

And, so pleased to know Mr & Mrs UP will be there too cos they know we like a party and don't need much sleep.

Perhaps see some of you at Blackpool too!!:cheers:

Ooops. Looks like we won't be coming to the champs then after all!:tears: :tears:

M

johnah
23rd-February-2006, 04:42 PM
Ooops. Looks like we won't be coming to the champs then after all!:tears: :tears:

M

That's not a reason not to go Mary, am sure Tiggerbabe can advise about other accommodation in the area. Our group had the whole of this hotel at last year's Scottish Champs and we're a wee bit disappointed that we ain't got it all again. But as it looks like Mr & Mrs UP are there too it should be fun. So, who's got the other room?:flower:

Mary
23rd-February-2006, 04:58 PM
That's not a reason not to go Mary, am sure Tiggerbabe can advise about other accommodation in the area. Our group had the whole of this hotel at last year's Scottish Champs and we're a wee bit disappointed that we ain't got it all again. But as it looks like Mr & Mrs UP are there too it should be fun. So, who's got the other room?:flower:

OK, I've just got my bottom lip stuck out so far you could do handstands on it 'cos we stayed there the year before and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and it's so close to the venue. Just throwing a sulk - time of the month - etc.:sad:

However, just to keep our options open, I have booked the Premier Travel Inn nearby, which I can keep without incurring a cancellation charge right up until the last minute, however, no apres-comp. partying there though (unless we get some more people booked in and bring our own supplies!).:cheers:

M

Tiggerbabe
24th-February-2006, 01:33 PM
So, who's got the other room?:flower:
Not sure if you didn't book the two family rooms Johnah - however, I've booked myself in there too :D and I know that David Y did stay there the year before last as well (we couldn't get in last year as some rowdy lot had beaten us to it :wink: )
Looks like it's party time :clap: :kiss:

DavidY
24th-February-2006, 01:36 PM
Not sure if you didn't book the two family rooms Johnah - however, I've booked myself in there too :D and I know that David Y did stay there the year before last as well (we couldn't get in last year as some rowdy lot had beaten us to it :wink: )
Looks like it's party time :clap: :kiss:It's not me this time - I clearly moved too slowly...

Tiggerbabe
24th-February-2006, 01:56 PM
however, no apres-comp. partying there though (unless we get some more people booked in and bring our own supplies!).:cheers:

Don't worry, Mary, there are always a whole crowd of people in the Travelodges. The Glasgow and Dundee crew stayed there last year so I wouldn't worry about lack of parties :wink:
Just pick a room to hold the party that's in the middle (other dancers on both sides) and you'll be fine :D :cheers:

johnah
24th-February-2006, 02:31 PM

David Y was there last year too and, who's this "rowdy lot" you're referring too? :whistle: Yeah, when we travel, we like to party - just ask Mr & Mrs UP who joined our party in Scarborough!!:rofl: So, I guess it will be party on then Tiggerbabe, can't wait!!:clap: :clap: :hug: :respect:

under par
26th-February-2006, 05:26 AM
Rooms booked , flights booked............. just got to get the application form now for the beginners competition, ................................................we are gonna try and dislodge Trampy from his title.:whistle:

johnah
27th-February-2006, 04:24 PM
Rooms booked , flights booked............. just got to get the application form now for the beginners competition, ................................................we are gonna try and dislodge Trampy from his title.:whistle:

You forgot to mention the chocolate munchies UP!!
:rofl:

Minnie M
28th-February-2006, 09:08 AM
............. just got to get the application form now for the beginners competition, ................................................we are gonna try and dislodge Trampy from his title.:whistle:
Mr & Mrs Under Par in the competition :clap: :clap: fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic .... you dance so beautifully together :worthy: :flower: :clap: :hug:

Watch out Scotland :D

CJ
28th-February-2006, 12:59 PM
Mr & Mrs Under Par in the competition :clap: :clap: fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic .... you dance so beautifully together :worthy: :flower: :clap: :hug:

Especially when U.P. is heavily disguised as a Rhythm King!!!!

johnah
28th-February-2006, 01:31 PM

Hey Tiggerbabe, what you doing nicking my bedroom? :tears: :tears: :tears: Mrs Johnah will be most upset with me, any chance of a swop? :flower: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :hug: There's no place to rest the handcuffs in the other bedrooms!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: